272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 576.
#16450 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I blame it on social media.

Quoted from razorsedge:

Openly referred to by a lot of people as "anti-social media".

I was listening to a podcast the other day, and the guy perfectly summed up my thoughts on social media ...

"We've all been enrolled in a psychological experiment for which no one gave consent, and it's not yet clear how it will turn out."

#16451 3 years ago

This is what may happen if kids all go back to school... this is at a Summer camp where the virus quickly spread among the campers:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506564-missouri-summer-camp-reports-82-coronavirus-cases

#16452 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200709-111412~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200709-111412~2 (resized).png
#16453 3 years ago

There is no cure for this. Why lose your wealth for the luxury of dying in a Hospital? I can take the 3000 dollar drug at home. I can use a sleep apnea mask to get a little more oxygen.
The death rate is dropping. That is all anyone cares about is the death rate which is minuscule compared to past Pandemics.
The rest is hype pushed by the media. Cases? Means nothing. More testing? Why, so they can enter you in a file and invade your privacy? I can pass a test this morning and be exposed leaving the test Facility. Testing is worthless. There are obviously millions walking around positive, so what? They are asymptomatic. Testing is merely revealing more asymptomatic people and feeding frenzied headlines.
People cheer when a former denier tests positive, Media breathlessly reveals these "Cases" to point an accusing finger and humiliate. What about the thousands who don't have it, were exposed and suffered no ill effects, or those who compared it to a bad cold? You rarely hear about them.
Fauci is back doomsdaying, didn't he admit lying to us about masks a few weeks back? Why should he be relevant or believed now.
I will make a bold prediction. All of this will end in December. Miraculously go away. A lot of people are saying the same thing.
Until then tell me what good testing is? You and I will get it sooner or later. We are past hiding from it. They love to criticize Sweden because they didn't follow the scam narrative. What difference did it make? People needlessly died? Horse hockey.
Keep from overloading Hospitals? That crap flew out the window a Month ago with accurate, certified reports of empty Hospitals waiting for patients that never showed. Canceling surgeries that were necessary for what?
Over..

#16454 3 years ago

That's so dumb! Andy would have to go to the bathroom or sleep!
That is CLEARLY Woody after auto-erotic asphyxiation!

#16455 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

...after auto-erotic asphyxiation!

Maybe "during."

#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is no cure for this. Why lose your wealth for the luxury of dying in a Hospital? I can take the 3000 dollar drug at home. I can use a sleep apnea mask to get a little more oxygen.
The death rate is dropping. That is all anyone cares about is the death rate which is minuscule compared to past Pandemics.
The rest is hype pushed by the media. Cases? Means nothing. More testing? Why, so they can enter you in a file and invade your privacy? I can pass a test this morning and be exposed leaving the test Facility. Testing is worthless. There are obviously millions walking around positive, so what? They are asymptomatic. Testing is merely revealing more asymptomatic people and feeding frenzied headlines.
People cheer when a former denier tests positive, Media breathlessly reveals these "Cases" to point an accusing finger and humiliate. What about the thousands who don't have it, were exposed and suffered no ill effects, or those who compared it to a bad cold? You rarely hear about them.
Fauci is back doomsdaying, didn't he admit lying to us about masks a few weeks back? Why should he be relevant or believed now.
I will make a bold prediction. All of this will end in December. Miraculously go away. A lot of people are saying the same thing.
Until then tell me what good testing is? You and I will get it sooner or later. We are past hiding from it. They love to criticize Sweden because they didn't follow the scam narrative. What difference did it make? People needlessly died? Horse hockey.
Keep from overloading Hospitals? That crap flew out the window a Month ago with accurate, certified reports of empty Hospitals waiting for patients that never showed. Canceling surgeries that were necessary for what?
Over..

That is some gish gallop you got going on there. Safe to say you and I have little agreement on this pandemic and low probability of convincing each other otherwise.

#16457 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Over..

Gosh. That's a cool story bro!
Perhaps there can be a new thread for Corona deniers and we can use this thread to discuss facts and actual news. The tin-foily hat stuff should go somewhere else.

#16458 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I will make a bold prediction. All of this will end in December.

Bold prediction, sounds like more political stories. Originally someone predicted that it would disappear in April. There’s been 19 times we’ve been told this will go away. Forgive me if don’t believe your prediction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/19-times-trump-said-the-coronavirus-would-go-away/2020/04/30/d2593312-9593-4ec2-aff7-72c1438fca0e_video.html

#16459 3 years ago

While Children can be infected and asymptomatic, they certainly are not immune to getting and transmitting.
New studies are concerned about the Virus affecting the brain, even young school children.
They arent readily being tested, so there is a lack of info, as energy is being spent elsewhere.

My Son in Law, Just left Vanderbilt Hospital, in Pediatric Specialty that relates to this.
While 2 months ago, it wasnt on Vanderbilts radar, his new Job in 2 weeks with Advent Health Hospital in Orlando,
will bring him to the front of this information. At this time, they have started to study the effects of children there,
and be part of the work.
I hope to share more, only for the reasons of info, and the well being of our families.
I hope those that already disagree, will keep an open mind.

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Gosh. That's a cool story bro!
Perhaps there can be a new thread for Corona deniers and we can use this thread to discuss facts and actual news. The tin-foily hat stuff should go somewhere else.

While I definitely don’t agree with all that Phil-lee is saying, he isn’t saying he denies it. Just that it is being way overblown.

#16462 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Over..

tumblr_aa692a318deb690024e409e96bf125b0_29001d28_500.giftumblr_aa692a318deb690024e409e96bf125b0_29001d28_500.gif

#16463 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A lot of people are saying the same thing.

I don't care what "a lot of people are saying." I want to know what "the scientists with relevant expertise who are actually studying this thing" are saying. Precious few of them are saying anything along the lines of what you posted.

#16464 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I can use a sleep apnea mask to get a little more oxygen.

Something tells me that you missed the the video clip that showed the docs removing a ventilator from an expired patient. That ventilator tube goes down deep. You are not going to imitate it with an apnea mask.

#16465 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think I figured it out. Maybe you just don’t have compassion for other people. Do you believe in a social contract, or is it all about you?
Use some common sense. Who watches kids when the parents are at work, schools are closed, camps are closed, daycare is closed. That’s right, no one. So the parents miss work to look after their kids. Sending your child to get an education is not entitlement, it’s preparation for the next generation

I guess you are missing my point. We haven't had a pandemic in over a hundred years so these are very abnormal times we are living in and people are going to have to adjust, make sacrifices, and just maybe come up with a game plan on their own because it is THEIR KIDS.

These people are on TV pissed off at the governor of Ohio and saying "HE NEEDS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT FOR US". Why the fuck does he need to figure out what parents can do with their kids while they go to work??

He closed the schools because it needed to be done to help stop the spread of the virus, it's not his job or problem on who's going to babysit the kids until we get through this mess and people thinks any different then they are a damn idiot. They are YOUR kids and YOU need to make arrangements so you can go to work. There are daycares, relatives, babysitters and all kinds of things that people can do. It may not be easy but if parents put a little effort into finding a solution then I'm sure that they will find a way.

#16466 3 years ago

Two people close to me have been diagnosed recently. One I know was being reasonably careful. She thinks she may have gotten it grocery shopping (I dont see any reason not to order for delivery or pickup) and hasnt gone out otherwise. She's 38 and in good health, but yesterday had such shortness of breath she went to the ER. They put her on some meds (not sure what) and sent her home with strict orders of rest.

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't care what "a lot of people are saying." I want to know what "the scientists with relevant expertise who are actually studying this thing" are saying. Precious few of them are saying anything along the lines of what you posted.

A lot of people are idiots.

#16468 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess you are missing my point. We haven't had a pandemic in over a hundred years so these are very abnormal times we are living in and people are going to have to adjust, make sacrifices, and just maybe come up with a game plan on their own because it is THEIR KIDS.
These people are on TV pissed off at the governor of Ohio and saying "HE NEEDS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT FOR US". Why the fuck does he need to figure out what parents can do with their kids while they go to work??
He closed the schools because it needed to be done to help stop the spread of the virus, it's not his job or problem on who's going to babysit the kids until we get through this mess and people thinks any different then they are a damn idiot. They are YOUR kids and YOU need to make arrangements so you can go to work. There are daycares, relatives, babysitters and all kinds of things that people can do. It may not be easy but if parents put a little effort into finding a solution then I'm sure that they will find a way.

Interesting that you seem to have very low expectations of government even though you pay them a lot of money in taxes.

#16469 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A lot of people are idiots.

And opinionated.

#16471 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The current death rate in the US is 4.5%. 1 out of every 22.22 people that get the virus will die from it, I'd still consider that pretty significant.

#16472 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

And opinionated.

And reactionary.

#16474 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess you are missing my point.

I don’t think you get it.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

people are going to have to adjust, make sacrifices, and just maybe come up with a game plan on their own because it is THEIR KIDS.

You’re 100% correct here. Again, a little compassion could help the situation. But I get it not your problem, it’s all about you.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why the fuck does he need to figure out what parents can do with their kids while they go to work??

Parents got jobs assuming the school would be there to watch their kids. If he has power over schools, then he should figure it out. It’s part of his job.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are YOUR kids and YOU need to make arrangements so you can go to work. There are daycares, relatives, babysitters and all kinds of things that people can do.

Again your right, my problem. BUT daycares; full or closed. Relatives; Thousand miles away. legally can’t even travel here let Alone babysit daily. And babysitters are ok if it’s a family friend, but there’s not much of that going on for a bunch of different reasons.

So, what arrangements can I make? “Luckily” I’ve been unemployed through this mess, but I can’t even begin to look for a job until I know school schedules. Part time, full time, weekends? It’s all up in that air right now. How can you get the economy rolling if millions of families are now forced to be a single income homes. My wife already made more then I did and she’s essential, so we’ll pull through. But this is no path to a healthy economy or normalcy.

#16475 3 years ago

Saw this from the Ventura County CA Nurses:

4AA2B940-C862-40C2-8108-91B3CED2FB93 (resized).jpeg4AA2B940-C862-40C2-8108-91B3CED2FB93 (resized).jpeg
#16476 3 years ago

#16477 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Saw this from the Ventura County CA Nurses:[quoted image]

I had a moment where I thought this may actually get through to some of the stupidest people in my life.

Then I pictured their stupid faces.

#16478 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Over..

That is one hell of a defense mechanism. Bookmarked for December.

#16479 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe lend them your bootstraps so they can pull themselves up. Simple solution for simple minds. DeWine is doing a heck of a job btw.

#16480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Maybe lend them your bootstraps so they can pull themselves up. Simple solution for simple minds. DeWine is doing a heck of a job btw.

He’s probably been the best gov during this whole thing.

#16481 3 years ago

Today I saw a video of an annoying, aggressively woke girl and an irritating mask-averse racist woman videoing each other with iPhones, and I thought “hell yes, finally, this is it, the social media Singularity!” But sadly they didn’t cancel each other out or collapse into a black hole, so I guess that only works with particles. 0/10, very disappointed.

#16482 3 years ago

So, which state will pass California first in infection rate and death count, Texas or Florida? Their combined case rate is already higher than New York and they are both coming on strong.

#16483 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I've been pulling people up my whole life. My backs almost broken because of it.

#16484 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Let's say schools don't open. Dipshit's little problems now need to go to daycare so that dipshit can go to work and get the economy rolling again, or maybe just buy some groceries. All the daycare was already full pre-virus, cost $1000 a month, and now they have to deal with the virus as well. I don't think that will make availability better or less expensive.
I'm grateful that my wife is able to care for my son while I'm working. Many of my neighbors are scrambling to find "tutors" or at least sitters to supervise their children during "distance" learning this fall. It's certainly a seller's market.
In our county, we have until July 15 to decide between two school options. Once we decide, we're locked in for the first semester.
1. Two days of in-person learning with like 11 spread out students per classroom. Two days of unsupervised distance learning. One day of what I think amounts to the schools scrambling to figure out what they need to change on the fly.
2. Four days of distance learning, with about 70% of it "supervised". Of course, that just means a teacher is on the other end of the internet link. You still have to have an adult in the house. Oh, and that one day of scrambling as well.
The county is providing a Chromebook for every student. My wife is buying a desk and likely resigning from her part-time job. I'm blessed to be in a position to do this. The majority of people won't be, I venture.

It is a tough choice to make and situation to be in I am sure. Just my two worthless cents as a friend, I would probably choose the four days a week at home learning and resign myself to helping with the math, science, and English material to make sure he stays on top of those subjects. The other subjects usually are not very critical before high school. Having parents like you and your wife, much like my parents, are like winning the lottery for a child’s learning assistance and environment. Thank goodness I had my dad when I was slacking pre-college.
On the other hand, if it were high school age I would probably choose the two days option and be much more concerned about making sure of college preparation. With the four days at home for an elementary aged kid I would try to coordinate with one or two other like minded families that have a kid of a similar age to have a same age social life for the children to keep things mentally healthy.
Take care and be safe. Hopefully a vaccine is around the turn of the year and our pinball gang can hang out again soon after that.

#16485 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don’t think you get it.

You’re 100% correct here. Again, a little compassion could help the situation. But I get it not your problem, it’s all about you.

Parents got jobs assuming the school would be there to watch their kids. If he has power over schools, then he should figure it out. It’s part of his job.

Again your right, my problem. BUT daycares; full or closed. Relatives; Thousand miles away. legally can’t even travel here let Alone babysit daily. And babysitters are ok if it’s a family friend, but there’s not much of that going on for a bunch of different reasons.
So, what arrangements can I make? “Luckily” I’ve been unemployed through this mess, but I can’t even begin to look for a job until I know school schedules. Part time, full time, weekends? It’s all up in that air right now. How can you get the economy rolling if millions of families are now forced to be a single income homes. My wife already made more then I did and she’s essential, so we’ll pull through. But this is no path to a healthy economy or normalcy.

Sounds like you got it somewhat figured out to me. People will do whatever they have to do to survive. This isnt a forever situation so I'm sure that you will figure it out.

Situations like this though which I will admit I never thought that I would see happen is the reason that I live a debt free life. I realize that's not possible for everyone to do but if you arent debt free then live a simple life. 90% of the people that I know live way above their means and many of them would lose it all if they had to be out of work for a month......heck a lot of them couldn't last a damn week.

I'm also not meaning you personally when I say you, I'm just talking about people in general. I think one of the good things that will come out of this is a lot more people will start living as debt free as possible and they will actually have a savings account for the first time in their life.

#16486 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

So, which state will pass California first in infection rate and death count, Texas or Florida? Their combined case rate is already higher than New York and they are both coming on strong.

Florida gonna Florida. But do not count us out.

#16488 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

...and this is why our state is getting HAMMERED right now with covid...
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/09/texas-mask-order-enforcement/amp/

If I lived in Florida or Texas I would be afraid to stick my head out the door!

I pretty much stay at home but I still have to go to work so that's a danger there a little bit. All my grocery shopping is store pickup other than needing something at the dollar store and then I try to go when they first open up so nobody is in there and before the Corona gets airborne. If I can get by another 6 months until I retire I will feel pretty good about my chances of not catching it.

#16489 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

...and this is why our state is getting HAMMERED right now with covid...
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/09/texas-mask-order-enforcement/amp/

A couple of weeks ago I posted about people who don’t like to wear masks and their options. I guess this also applies to those who are concerned because mask aren’t required. There are many ways to get what you need. Such as delivery, curbside pickup and so forth. The only thing we know for sure is that being in a crowded confined space puts you at risk.

Also I still haven’t received my results from my exposer a couple of weeks ago.. From what I have been told the lab is overwhelmed.

On a personal note, I hope when it comes back it is positive. I had a minor cough for the past couple of weeks, but I attributed that to my cigars. In the last couple of days my cough has disappeared. A positive result would make me very happy.

#16490 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200710-013151~4 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200710-013151~4 (resized).png
#16491 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The current death rate in the US is 4.5%. 1 out of every 22.22 people that get the virus will die from it, I'd still consider that pretty significant.

What concerns me even more is the "long term health impact" on the people they are calling "recovered". If you read some of those horror stories I think I would rather be dead. So even if the people with long term health issues because of it amount to about the same number as the number of people that die that still puts you into a one in ten people how get it will end up dead or in bad shape because of it. Not the kind of odds I want against me if I were to get it!

#16492 3 years ago

https _prod.static9.net.au_fs_0bae8989 (resized).pnghttps _prod.static9.net.au_fs_0bae8989 (resized).png

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-victoria-288-new-cases-recorded-in-melbourne-hotspot-biggest-jump-in-infections-since-covid19-began/bb76fc4c-8dbf-492e-a832-f9afe7bbed75

From the story:
"People will feel deeply concerned to see that number as high as it is," Mr Andrews said.
"[But] we did 37,588 tests yesterday. That is the biggest single day of testing that has been done and by some considerable margin."
There are 47 Victorians in hospital, including 12 in intensive care.

https _prod.static9.net.au_fs_8a56d6d0-82 (resized).jpghttps _prod.static9.net.au_fs_8a56d6d0-82 (resized).jpg

It looks as though Vic is about to overtake NSW for most confirmed cases.

Kinda puzzled why nobody has been shooting down, or even talking about, the treatment/cure (claimed) being applied successfuly by the doctor in Texas ?? ... maybe I'm missing something and it's just some fake news ... or whatever.

#16493 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think your math is wrong...3.1 million reported cases in US....135K deaths. That’s just under .5% fatality rate. At 4.5 we should all be scared. The numbers of new cases are going up because there is so much more testing. But the overall number of deaths are not going up proportionately. I agree the spread needs to be slowed. The fact is we are all going to be exposed to this virus wether we like it or not. It sucks because we still know so little about this virus. Why some people have little symptoms and others are severely affected. So far no scientific studies have figured this virus out. There are reports of people having caught it more than once. So who really knows if you build up antibodies against this. We are all being manipulated. And the truth is we really don’t know how accurate the numbers being reported are. They keep changing how the deaths are counted towards Corona. Throw the media in this and things are skewed even further. It’s hard to find good facts. One thing is I WILL NOT live in fear of this. Do we need to take precautions....yes.
We just don’t have enough GOOD data still to know how bad a threat this really is.

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you got it somewhat figured out to me. People will do whatever they have to do to survive. This isnt a forever situation so I'm sure that you will figure it out.
Situations like this though which I will admit I never thought that I would see happen is the reason that I live a debt free life. I realize that's not possible for everyone to do but if you arent debt free then live a simple life. 90% of the people that I know live way above their means and many of them would lose it all if they had to be out of work for a month......heck a lot of them couldn't last a damn week.
I'm also not meaning you personally when I say you, I'm just talking about people in general. I think one of the good things that will come out of this is a lot more people will start living as debt free as possible and they will actually have a savings account for the first time in their life.

Take everything you just said, and now apply it to businesses. Because for some reason during the “greatest economy” we’ve seen in our lifetimes, the majority of businesses can’t go two weeks being closed and not go under. So let’s continue to bail their asses out, throw federal money into the market so Wall Street continues to profit during these times, and say figure it out yourself to the everyday Joe. That is ass backwards.

Your “greatest economy ever” is entirely dependent on debt and low interest rates. This result shouldn’t be a surprise.

#16497 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

In summary, people were not taking appropriate steps to protect their financials in the face of economic calamity. Maskless even. And so it’s no surprise that their lifestyle caught a debilitating infection and while unfortunate is kind of deserved.

I’m teasing who-Dey a bit here, but my finer point is that it is easy for any of us to come off as heartless when we really are not. This whole thing is a very frustrating and disturbing situation.

A lot of folks in dire straits aren’t there because they were going to Cabo twice a year instead of paying down student loans. A lot of young families simply haven’t had the ability to live debt free whether they wanted to or not. The financial crisis a few years back coupled with the pandemic crisis has really put a crimp in savings and earnings power for millennials and younger. Eating ramen and dry beans can shave a few years off the mortgage, but won’t erase it. Sure, there are plenty of folks out there that live and spend beyond their means, but what good does it do anyone to scold them as they stand in the breadline?

#16498 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Testing is worthless.

Yes, we were cracking up watching people sitting in miles long lines waiting for hours to get tested. I can certainly think of better ways to spend my day.

And if you weren't infected before you got there, you just might be after they stick that q-tip up your nose.

#16499 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would probably choose the four days a week at home learning

Agreed, and that's the way we're going. The 2 days in person and 2 days at home seems like a lot of inconsistency for an 8-yr old. On top of that, a single case in a classroom will revert it to remote learning anyway, plus the added risk of exposure. It just feels too much like wishful thinking.

Quoted from DCFAN:

With the four days at home for an elementary aged kid I would try to coordinate with one or two other like minded families that have a kid of a similar age to have a same age social life for the children to keep things mentally healthy.

Yeah, two of his best friends on the street are also choosing distance learning, so they'll all have the same lunch/recess hour.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Hopefully a vaccine is around the turn of the year and our pinball gang can hang out again soon after that.

I'm not holding my breath on the vaccine, but I'll certainly be glad to be able to visit with you guys again, whenever that is.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/330?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.