272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 576.
#16350 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm sorry and seriously no offense but I just cant believe anything that comes from CNN.

What? Fox News a reliable news source? They initially called Covid19 a political hoax and downplayed it vigorously at the beginning. They've been known to alter photographs on occasion also - LOL

#16351 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

This, may be ? Although to be fair medical science is not the only factor - access to food, better living and working conditions contribute as well.
(from https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy)
[quoted image]

I fear a few missed my sarcasm or my Monty Python "what did the Romans ever do for us?" reference.

FTR, RTR is a big proponent and defender of "medical science".

#16352 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm sorry and seriously no offense but I just cant believe anything that comes from CNN.

The confirmation bias is strong in this one.

#16353 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Read both articles critically and make a judgement as to which was more complete, had better information, and if either seemed to promote a bias.

I could walk you through he problems on the Fox piece (and a real doctor did for the science part on this thread - thank you PantherCityPins !), but if you are predisposed to not reading things critically because a confirmation bias you won't see them.

I take stuff like this pretty seriously because chances are fairly good this info helps make a health decision for myself or a family member in the future. No doubt a lot of people have already done this and demanded hydroxychloroquine or opted into, or out of, a clinical study based on their 'feelings' about a drug as opposed to the information available on a drug.

#16355 3 years ago

Following up with Family in ICUs here treating Corona Cases, and reading, indeed this recent surge is causing cases in pulmonary fibrosis to be found. (Lung Scarring)

If you have had the virus, and not had a chest x-ray, I feel you should look into.
With that is one Treatment used extensively outside the US, Proteolytic Enzymes.

Specifically, Serrapeptase, and Nattokinase. Please check with your doctor.

I have been using for years now, with great results.

#16356 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200707-103129~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200707-103129~2 (resized).png
#16357 3 years ago

Looks like someone (bolsonaro) caught “a little flu”:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53319517

#16358 3 years ago

The president of Brazil has tested positive.

#16359 3 years ago

On a very personal note to all pinsiders:

If you have been following this thread, you know that I like to give out useful news updates on covid-19, especially concerning things in my area (Dallas, Texas and surrounding areas) and I also like to lighten things up with some funny memes and pics.

Unfortunately, I must turn my thoughts elsewhere now and share with you all that I have a good friend that has caught the Coronavirus. He has also apparently transmitted it to his parents. He is a younger guy (mid 20s), typically very healthy, has a low-risk of infection type of job, and he has been extremely cautious and careful throughout this whole thing. Quite simply, he is one of the LAST people I would ever expect to get it.

This is affecting many around us, and more to come...even if you are incredibly careful. I would urge everyone to please use extreme caution at your work and in your everyday lives.

Please also send your thoughts out to my friend and his parents. I don't know how long this will impact their health and finances, and they need all the well-wishing and prayers they can get.

#16360 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

On a very personal note to all pinsiders:
If you have been following this thread, you know that I like to give out useful news updates on covid-19, especially concerning things in my area (Dallas, Texas and surrounding areas) and I also like to lighten things up with some funny memes and pics.
Unfortunately, I must turn my thoughts elsewhere now and share with you all that I have a good friend that has caught the Coronavirus. He has also apparently transmitted it to his parents. He is a younger guy (mid 20s), typically very healthy, has a low-risk of infection type of job, and he has been extremely cautious and careful throughout this whole thing. Quite simply, he is one of the LAST people I would ever expect to get it.
This is affecting many around us, and more to come...even if you are incredibly careful. I would urge everyone to please use extreme caution at your work and in your everyday lives.
Please also send your thoughts out to my friend and his parents. I don't know how long this will impact their health and finances, and they need all the well-wishing and prayers they can get.

Hoping for a quick and full recovery!

#16361 3 years ago

Dammit!!

Figured I’d test positive for antibodies, since my girlfriend has.

I suppose either it’s a false negative, or she got a false positive, or she had it in February before we were spending as much time together.

Really wouldn’t have changed my behavior at all I was just looking forward to bragging about it.

Also that Brazilian pres is getting what he deserves. I would hope all national leaders who claim COVID is a hoax and do almost nothing to protect their citizens would also get it. Could help change policy for the better.

E04D70C4-F08E-41B5-9D94-F50FF57DE0AD (resized).jpegE04D70C4-F08E-41B5-9D94-F50FF57DE0AD (resized).jpeg
#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess any of that stuff is possible but I think there is something to the benefits of hydroxychloroquine also.

Your “feelings” aren’t science.

#16363 3 years ago

We have a fellow Pinsider, whose Wife is now recovering from several weeks of the virus. Thankfully.
She said it was insanely horrible, and believe it is her second battle with the virus.

Sadly, those around her, dont believe in masks, or the virus as a real issue.
His information comes from a "news" network too.

#16364 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As bad as each other, at opposite ends of the spectrum, from what I've seen.
Propoganda both ends. Divisive, like politics. They are doing what they are meant to... sadly.
Both frequently dabble in bulls#it.

It is all a ratings game. Video clickbait.

CNN is owned by WarnerMedia which is owned by A.T. & T.

Fox is owned Rupert Murdock who is from Australia. I think Rupert would be considered the tabloid king in some circles.

#16365 3 years ago

I woke up coughing today. Is there a doctor in the house?

Or as Tom Petty once observed "it's just the normal noises in here".

#16366 3 years ago

A testimonial. Fair disclosure: It is CNN.

It does not sound like anything I want to be labored with.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/richard-quest-covid-wellness-intl/index.html

#16367 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Figured I’d test positive for antibodies, since my girlfriend has.

Do you think she's going to search for a new, more "positive", boyfriend?

#16368 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Do you think she's going to search for a new, more "positive", boyfriend?

All signs point to yes!

#16369 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A testimonial. Fair disclosure: It is CNN.
It does not sound like anything I want to be labored with.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/richard-quest-covid-wellness-intl/index.html

All lies. A little bleach and some malaria tablets will make him right.

#16370 3 years ago

Well, look who got hit with the ugly stick.

Just what I like to hear: "It's just a little flu."

I just love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Now, all we have to do is wait for the other Bobbsey twin to show up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/americas/brazil-bolsonaro-positive-coronavirus-intl/index.html

" He also acknowledged the grave risk posed by a virus that he has in the past dismissed as just a "little flu." "We know the fatality of the virus for those of a certain age, like me, above 65, as well as for those with comorbidities, diseases, other issues. In those cases, the virus could be decisive and lead to death -- everyone knew that," he said."

#16371 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I woke up coughing today. Is there a doctor in the house?
Or as Tom Petty once observed "it's just the normal noises in here".

We get you are anti medicine and doctors because you remind everyone here so often. Your constant mocking of doctors and nurses that are working their asses off right now is in really poor taste. You seem like a reasonable guy so please stop.

#16372 3 years ago

Ok have at it. Discuss what’s wrong with this treatment:

#16373 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

We get you are anti medicine and doctors because you remind everyone here so often. Your constant mocking of doctors and nurses that are working their asses off right now is in really poor taste. You seem like a reasonable guy so please stop.

That sounds funny coming from you.

#16374 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, look who got hit with the ugly stick.
Just what I like to hear: "It's just a little flu."
I just love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Now, all we have to do is wait for the other Bobbsey twin to show up.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/americas/brazil-bolsonaro-positive-coronavirus-intl/index.html
" He also acknowledged the grave risk posed by a virus that he has in the past dismissed as just a "little flu." "We know the fatality of the virus for those of a certain age, like me, above 65, as well as for those with comorbidities, diseases, other issues. In those cases, the virus could be decisive and lead to death -- everyone knew that," he said."

Why do you guys get so much joy out of a person who gets sick with Corona just because maybe they didnt think it was all that serious? It's almost like you are joyful that this guy is sick. I would be careful about gloating over something like this because karma can be a MF.

#16375 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Rupert Murdock

Not someone I'd call an ethical member of the human race, dispickable and unscrupulous by many accounts.

Most respectable Aussies would disown such a <description withheld> Prick!

Of course too many were (are) oblivious to the goings on.

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why do you guys get so much joy out of a person who gets sick with Corona just because maybe they didnt think it was all that serious? It's almost like you are joyful that this guy is sick. I would be careful about gloating over something like this because karma can be a MF.

He had the power to protect his people. Unfortunately, he was also the type of person that was going out of his way to pretend it wasn't real. Because of that, 10s of thousands of people have died.

I think he was on the receiving end of karma this time, and I think the joy you see is only people hopeful that he may actually change his stance after being directly affected.

#16377 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't want to see ANYBODY contract the virus, but for anyone who is seriously still not believing that it's a ”thing”, I want some of what they’re smokin'....

At the same time, it's difficult to feel too bad for those that find themselves in this situation when said individuals happen to be in positions of power/authority and people are taking cues from their ”leadership” to determine what they do themselves.. it's irresponsible at best, sociopathic at worst. If all that happened was that those in these positions, or those that choose to follow there lead without regard for everyone else, got weeded out, I'd have some real hope here....all it would take is leaders getting rolled by the virus to wake up a lot of folks....but we all know that's not the way this actually works.

When grandma, who's been holed up in her house for the past 3-4 months, but has to buy groceries, goes out with a mask on and gets it, I feel really bad. But I'm pretty much just pissed at the douche in the grocery store line, maskless, that gave it to her.

Until they devlop a vaccine that doesn't cost a fortune (I'm looking at you, American Health Care system) or the vast majority of people stop fooling themselves and can figure out how to make choices that extend beyond themselves and demonstrate some level of social maturity, we are pretty well screwed..

#16378 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wouldn’t be laughing at an average joe that listened to his friends, family, and chosen cable news source and was misled as to how serious this thing is and what steps would protect him. Most people aren’t that smart to begin with, and very few of us are competent scientists, so what are you going to do?

But I take a different view when it’s a political leader or media personality who has access to all of the experts, and yet choses to blow it off and advises his constituents to blow it off, leading directly to avoidable spread of the disease. That has real world, deadly consequences. He may survive, he may not. But you know he’ll get better care than 99% of his constituents, so his odds are better than most. And for all of that I say fuck that guy, he got what he deserved.

#16379 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Ok have at it. Discuss what’s wrong with this treatment:

Well, if it proves true, it probably isn't going to make any big money for big pharma

#16380 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

They don't know it but that's just a Victorian word, in all the other states we exchange the word "Bogan" with "Victorian"

Did you see on the news tonight Scomo said we're all Victorians .
That makes you a bogan brother from another mother . Welcome to the family

#16381 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But I take a different view when it’s a political leader or media personality who has access to all of the experts, and yet choses to blow it off and advises his constituents to blow it off, leading directly to avoidable spread of the disease. That has real world, deadly consequences. He may survive, he may not. But you know he’ll get better care than 99% of his constituents, so his odds are better than most. And for all of that I say fuck that guy, he got what he deserved.

Anyone who is still trying to convince you to not take this seriously is either profiting from it or has been duped by someone who is.

#16382 3 years ago

Good article yesterday at NY Times about Sweden (which never imposed restrictions), and what ended up happening, both from a virus spread and economic perspective, using it's neighboring countries that did lock down as comparisons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#16383 3 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Good article yesterday at NY Times about Sweden (which never imposed restrictions), and what ended up happening, both from a virus spread and economic perspective, using it's neighboring countries that did lock down as comparisons.

Thanks! Very interesting read.

Take home message:
Sweden's relaxed policy costed an additional ≈ 5,000 lives (with a death count more or less 10 x Norway + Finland) for a net economical gain of... zero. Norway's projection for GDP is not worse than Sweden.

#16384 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wouldn’t be laughing at an average joe that listened to his friends, family, and chosen cable news source and was misled as to how serious this thing is and what steps would protect him. Most people aren’t that smart to begin with, and very few of us are competent scientists, so what are you going to do?

I am pretty certain that there are more than a few of you here that would love to see the leader of our country get Covid 19. Thats how vile some of you people are.

#16385 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That sounds funny coming from you.

I've never criticized doctors and medicine here or anywhere. I've never wished anyone get sick either. I'm only guessing this reply is lashing out because I and others have downvoted and corrected you on your dismissive, defenseless, baseless rhetoric. I'd upvote you more if you'd make sense and didn't go after people that don't agree with you.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

We are testing more than any other country, thats why cases keep going up. Deaths on the other hand are on the decline........thats a good thing for all you gloomer doomers.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

The U.S. is still a great country but nothing like what it used to be thanks to a few things that I definitely cannot go into on here. Basically though there is a group of people that want to change everything that made America great.
Theres still a lot to love but we definitely have some big problems that wont ever get solved peacefully. I'm just glad that I got to enjoy some of the good years and wont have to be here if certain people ever get their way down the road because this country will fail big time if that happens.
I guess that every country has their problems. I am friends with people from other countries on here and they tell me that their country os being ruined also by the same reasons the U.S. is.
People seem to have lost interest in this thread. Is the Corona not as big of a deal as once projected or what? It seems that nobody even talks about it anymore around where I live.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You should be more worried about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, dying in a car wreck and things like that.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Says the guy who has bars on his windows lmao.

Sorry if you took offense and I apologize - Lets kiss and make up

#16386 3 years ago

Hi everyone -
Friendly moderation notice: try not to make it personal (or take it to PM) and do not venture too close to prohibited topics... thanks.

#16388 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No joy in this “I told you so”.

A way to think of it. There is a person who keeps setting bonfires inside their house. I keep telling them dude, you are gonna set your house on fire, stop it. They call me a whiny baby and tell me to screw off.

Well sure enough a few days later their house catches on fire. Did I want their house to burn down? Hell no. That’s why I tried to get them to knock it off. Their house being on fire also needlessly endangers their neighbors, first responders, and community writ large.

Now I may act sarcastic and use a “you dipshit” tone, but I don’t actually wish them harm. It’s me coping with frustration because the outcome was entirely predictable if only they would listen.

#16389 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you see on the news tonight Scomo said we're all Victorians .
That makes you a bogan brother from another mother . Welcome to the family

Did see that, yep we're all in the boat together!

It looks like they learned something about quarantine there, now with military and police at boundaries and facilities, instead of bonehead security guards.

So are those security guards going to deed-poll to get their names changed or what?

Probably all of Australia wouldn't piss on them if they were burning.

Australia is hobbled without you guys playing your part in things.

We just dig up the back yard and sell the dirt to China. Oh and the yellowcake.

I suppose on the bright side we produce some of the best Steel outside of Europe here, from our own dirt. Also more renewable energy than almost anyone!

#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The constant mocking going on in this thread has been here since day one. Political parties, politicians, news organizations, whatever target seems to float up for those politically triggered. It's all cute and funny when someone strikes a blow for their side, but not so funny when someone lands a counter punch or first assault. And it's a bit of a stretch to hide behind doctors and nurses when it's really his political tone you don't care for.

Even a global pandemic can't get people out of their bubbles. Shame on all of us.

(sorry. posted before seeing moderator notice. I hope it's acceptable)

#16392 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've never criticized doctors and medicine here or anywhere. I've never wished anyone get sick either. I'm only guessing this reply is lashing out because I and others have downvoted and corrected you on your dismissive, defenseless, baseless rhetoric. I'd upvote you more if you'd make sense and didn't go after people that don't agree with you.

Sorry if you took offense - Lets kiss and make up

I'm not mad at all. I just call it like I see it....well not really because I'm not allowed to on here but I try to the best I can. As far as kissing and making up goes there's no need to because I dont even have a problem with you.

#16393 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am pretty certain that there are more than a few of you here that would love to see the leader of our country get Covid 19. Thats how vile some of you people are.

I’ll admit I’m not Mother Teresa. But is it really “vile” to think the president of Brazil had it coming based on the “leadership” he’s provided over the past few months? If you’ve got a position of public trust and you blow it (whether through political calculation or incompetence), leading millions of people to make worse choices and needlessly endanger themselves and others, that “karma” thing you mentioned might just apply.

#16394 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Thanks! Very interesting read.
Take home message:
Sweden's relaxed policy costed an additional ≈ 5,000 lives (with a death count more or less 10 x Norway + Finland) for a net economical gain of... zero. Norway's projection for GDP is not worse than Sweden.

I think it is interesting when the media uses numbers from a pandemic while the numbers are still going up. You really can't compare Sweden which is obviously almost completely over the disease with a country which has had a lockdown to slow new cases and as soon as the lockdown is lifted, the numbers start going up. Lets compare in 2 years when everything is over.

The other number that is skewed is the number of cases to deaths. There are way less death to case ratios now that more people are being tested, that don't even have symptoms. My relatives in New York and New Jersey know dozens of cases where people obviously had the virus way before anyone started testing and they didn't die and were never counted as confirmed cases.

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess that every country has their problems. I am friends with people from other countries on here and they tell me that their country is being ruined also by the same reasons the U.S. is.

I blame it on social media. It is basically ruining the very fabric of our society. There has always been division, but the internet has made the situation 1000 times worse.

#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I blame it on social media. It is basically ruining the very fabric of our society. There has always been division, but the internet has made the situation 1000 times worse.

Openly refered to by alot of people as "anti-social media".

The internet and technology has its pros and its cons.

#16398 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I think it is interesting when the media uses numbers from a pandemic while the numbers are still going up. You really can't compare Sweden which is obviously almost completely over the disease with a country which has had a lockdown to slow new cases and as soon as the lockdown is lifted, the numbers start going up.

I heard this tale several times.

The gap between Sweden and its neighbors (which implemented a lockdown) is not narrowing, it's growing.
And lockdown has been released quite some time ago in Norway - not sure about Finland.

Check these two curves below (and note the differences between the Y-axes)

Sweden
Capture d’écran 2020-07-08 à 17.01.24 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-07-08 à 17.01.24 (resized).png

Norway
Capture d’écran 2020-07-08 à 17.02.05 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-07-08 à 17.02.05 (resized).png

#16399 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I heard this tale several times.
The gap between Sweden and its neighbors (which implemented a lockdown) is not narrowing, it's growing.
[quoted image]And lockdown has been released quite some time ago in Norway - not sure about Finland.
Check these two curves below (and note the differences between the Y-axes)
Sweden
[quoted image]
Norway
[quoted image]

Is there one of those for Australia?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/328 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.