272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 576.
#16100 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The truth is they just dont know Daditude. One thing we do know though is infection rates are climbing and Covidndeaths are declining so thats a positive thing and not gloom and doom like some people are acting like.

I honestly think this is 100% attributed summertime. People are outdoors more. Vitamin D is free from the sun and supports your immune system.

Once it gets cold, days get shorter and people migrate back inside we will see the death rate increase.

#16101 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Well, Pennsylvania:
You sure f**ked that up - AGAIN.
Thanks for throwing more support behind the face-mask industry.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/07/wolf-tightens-pa-mask-wearing-order-swaying-everyone-must-wear-one-whenever-outside.html

This ass and his completely over-the-top and confrontational stance has pretty much guaranteed that there would be backlash against mask usage. He shut down parts of the state that had very few cases and almost no deaths and refused to let them open. As late as May, the number of counties that were still shut down and had 0-3 deaths is amazing. And the number of my customers that have gone out of business is frightening.

It is a double edged sword. If you’re too restrictive, esp just to prove a point, people balk at mask usage. Don’t antagonize them. Show them it’s in their interest and recommending and asking would probably get better results.

#16102 3 years ago

Fun little experience last night, I'll let the images speak for themselves...
I'm clearly the oldest of the crowd, but still!

20200701_174353 (002) (resized).png20200701_174353 (002) (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16103 3 years ago

It seems to me that the same group of people who 3 months ago argued the validity of a lockdown are now arguing the validity of wearing a mask. It’s like they can’t understand that if everyone followed the lockdown in March, we wouldn’t be worried about wearing masks in July. Look to New Zealand for proof. Now, because you won’t wear a mask in July there will be a resurgence in September. When will people learn the simple lesson that one bad apple will spoil the whole damn bunch. It’s almost always better to be proactive than retroactive. How many more have to die before people take this seriously?

#16105 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Well, Pennsylvania:
You sure f**ked that up - AGAIN.
Thanks for throwing more support behind the face-mask industry.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/07/wolf-tightens-pa-mask-wearing-order-swaying-everyone-must-wear-one-whenever-outside.html

The order requires face masks outside when it’s not possible to remain 6 feet away from someone not in your family group.

What’s your beef with that?

#16106 3 years ago

Just when I thought we (as a nation) couldn't possibly get any more stupider

Taiwan wore masks on day 1 -- it worked well!

#16107 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I'm clearly the oldest of the crowd, but still! [quoted image][quoted image]

“COVID-COVID”

#16108 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I had the same experience yesterday.

I stopped at a gas station to fill up and hit the restroom, and out of all the people in there I was the only one with a mask on.

#16109 3 years ago

I'm back to working from home starting today. Confirmed case yesterday in my employer's one room office of about 20 employees (and 3 more in the office building on other floors). How long until symptoms start to show again?

#16110 3 years ago

The only way around all this mask stuff is to have a nation wide mandate for several months to get a hold of this thing. It would take more like several weeks not month.

At the rates the hospitals ICUs are filling up your more likely to die from lack of care or waiting in line to be admitted.

#16111 3 years ago

I think there is something seriously wrong with the Z Generation...

Alabama coronavirus parties offer payouts for those who get infected, official says - CNN.pdfAlabama coronavirus parties offer payouts for those who get infected, official says - CNN.pdf
#16112 3 years ago

What I find concerning are the people who have very little concern for the risk involved, Like hAbO posted.

My area is getting hit hard, and a lot of the people are younger (18-39). I attribute this to larger groups just wanting to get out (bars, parties, etc)

Perhaps even more concerning is the young people with no underlying conditions that have passed. A woman in her 20s with no issues just died in my area.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/01/woman-20s-no-underlying-health-conditions-coronavirus-deaths-dallas-texas/amp/

#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I think there is something seriously wrong with the Z Generation... [quoted image]

Brace yourself for the inevitable, OK Boomer, reply.

#16114 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The order requires face masks outside when it’s not possible to remain 6 feet away from someone not in your family group.

If that’s the case, that’s totally reasonable. That’s not how it’s being described in most of the press

#16115 3 years ago

From the Scottish task force on Covid-19:

"The virus seems to transmit better indoors, particularly in damp, cold places. The latest evidence indicates that large clusters are associated with religious events spanning a number of days, worker dormitories, care homes, hospitals, prisons, ships, bars, conferences and food processing plants. Few clusters were reported in schools (...)

The evidence suggests that schools, and in particular children, are not significant drivers of transmission. Most “outbreaks” are very small (index case + 1) and in the larger ones the teachers were more involved than the children.

There have now been a number of very large outbreaks associated with meat processing plants, both in North America and Europe. These are not yet fully understood. Larger numbers of people brought into close proximity indoors seems likely to be the main factor. One theory is that the plants are noisy and so people come close and shout at each other, which may increase transmission of infection. Other factors may include a low-income workforce, often living in dormitories."

#16116 3 years ago

Florida hit 10,000 new cases in the last 24 hours as we head into the holiday weekend.

#16117 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

This ass and his completely over-the-top and confrontational stance has pretty much guaranteed that there would be backlash against mask usage. He shut down parts of the state that had very few cases and almost no deaths and refused to let them open. As late as May, the number of counties that were still shut down and had 0-3 deaths is amazing. And the number of my customers that have gone out of business is frightening.
It is a double edged sword. If you’re too restrictive, esp just to prove a point, people balk at mask usage. Don’t antagonize them. Show them it’s in their interest and recommending and asking would probably get better results.

They realize the majority won't comply, it's just to further an attempt to control people, their movements. The fines being imposed for non-compliance in other States looks attractive to cash-starved Municipalities.
The decision should always lean toward preserving Constitutional freedoms. Protestors right to assemble is no more important than Churches, Political Rallies and yes, re-open protests.
Don't allow the 4th of July to be shut down, we are all implementing Civil Disobedience, and the Sherriff is backing us.

#16118 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Brace yourself for the inevitable, OK Boomer, reply.

I’m braced.. and yes I’m a Boomer.

#16119 3 years ago

It seems like a single edge sword; if you lay it on seriously and go overboard, people get the message. If you downplay, dither, fuck Around, people don’t take it seriously and they underact. It’s pretty clear if we had all overreacted in March we’d be well ahead of the game now, rather than...we’ll whatever the f you want to call our current shit show.

I keep hearing about masks and testing being “double-edged swords.” Thats single edged bullshit, and 5 months into this everybody should realize that.

#16120 3 years ago

Longer read (as most Pro Publica tends to be) but I found it engaging. Houston (and Texas writ large) hospitals are in for a world of hurt.

I hope that the Cuomo “pay it forward/pay it back” pleas earlier in this crisis are activated to help the Southwest. Reposition those hospital ships as well (and make better use of them this time). I don’t see California bailing anyone out this time, they have their own fires now to contend with.

https://www.propublica.org/article/internal-messages-reveal-crisis-at-houston-hospitals-as-coronavirus-cases-surge

#16122 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Heh, if you're eating Little Caesar's pizza, you probably don't care so much about your health.

#16123 3 years ago
3E845BDF-68F9-40CA-8F41-29D0F890A3BB.jpeg3E845BDF-68F9-40CA-8F41-29D0F890A3BB.jpeg
#16124 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Florida hit 10,000 new cases in the last 24 hours as we head into the holiday weekend.

I noticed an uptick in locals wearing face masks after Pence donned one. That was just a couple of days ago though. If we can get a certain individual to put on his Lone Ranger costume, maybe the rest will jump on board?

#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I noticed an uptick in locals wearing face masks after Pence donned one. That was just a couple of days ago though. If we can get a certain individual to put on his Lone Ranger costume, maybe the rest will jump on board?

John Oliver was spot on this past weekend. If the Trump campaign would've made and sold MAGA masks at the beginning of the pandemic, we probably wouldn't have a big problem right now. A huge missed opportunity.

#16126 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

No one is going to come out and say "Only Dems wear masks."

Especially after watching 1000s of them hitting the streets with no masks or distancing in protests over the last several weeks.

#16127 3 years ago

If that’s the case, that’s totally reasonable. That’s not how it’s being described in most of the press

I live in PA and what the Dr said is in fact what was issued but, as usual, the press does not always report the full story. Although, like anything else, if you put out a little effort you can read it from the website. I think it even says consistently...

#16128 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Sorry, I know it's off subject but... you have to have a better pizza joint in Texas?

#16129 3 years ago

I guess rim jobs are not ok due to Corona

1F2F29C6-E37E-4759-B020-DB5DD86FB0B3 (resized).jpeg1F2F29C6-E37E-4759-B020-DB5DD86FB0B3 (resized).jpeg

#16130 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Better late than....uh no actually.

The refusal of certain people to refuse to wear masks and turn it into a culture war are literally helping to kill countless people.

That’s leadership!

#16131 3 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I think there is something seriously wrong with the Z Generation... [quoted image]

This is a pretty good breakdown of why you should be skeptical about that story:
https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1278703871053963269?s=21

#16132 3 years ago

I haven’t read the whole order myself, I’m just going off of the article linked. The one loophole I saw was it does require masks in “public places” whatever that means.

#16133 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Longer read (as most Pro Publica tends to be) but I found it engaging. Houston (and Texas writ large) hospitals are in for a world of hurt.
I hope that the Cuomo “pay it forward/pay it back” pleas earlier in this crisis are activated to help the Southwest. Reposition those hospital ships as well (and make better use of them this time). I don’t see California bailing anyone out this time, they have their own fires now to contend with.
https://www.propublica.org/article/internal-messages-reveal-crisis-at-houston-hospitals-as-coronavirus-cases-surge

I’m hearing the same. It’s ridiculous that the CEOs of the major medical systems in Houston made a statement that they had plenty of capacity and the concern was overblown 5 days ago and now they are having to transfer patients out of the city because they can’t handle the load.

Here in North Texas we are definitely seeing an increase in cases and hospitalizations, we haven’t reached Houston levels yet though.

Several people I’ve spoken to who work in ICU say patients are generally younger and seem to either be only moderately ill or sick as shit (that’s a medical term). Not sure if people are waiting longer to come in or why we are seeing patients come in and have to get put on the ventilator immediately in the ER. Before it was more of a gradual process and people were in the hospital for several days before they declined to the point of needing a vent. Fun times.

#16134 3 years ago

The nurses out in Riverside sure got it right. And are well within their rights.

Nurses-Strike-CA-pic-1080x675 (resized).jpgNurses-Strike-CA-pic-1080x675 (resized).jpg
#16135 3 years ago

My town just passed an indoor mask requirement with fines for non-compliance. Goes into effect at midnight. This should be an interesting holiday weekend. I hope folks just comply without any fuss.

#16136 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Those folks didn’t expect to be waiting so long for their “Hot-N-Ready” pizza.

#16137 3 years ago

I have ZERO beef with that. Nonewhatsoever. Zilch.
Any"beef" expressed is with my fellow PA citizens who refuse to wear a mask anywhere or remotely socially distance in crowds.
Generally because its an assault on their 'freedoms' or Constitutional rights.

THEY are the ones who got us to where we are currently here - idiots.

#16138 3 years ago

Copied and pasted:

“Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!

We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food.

We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.

We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs.

Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook’s right to do so.

Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.

Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy.”

#16139 3 years ago

why is LA surging and spiking with covid cases when they have a mandatory mask regulation in effect for 7 weeks now?

#16140 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

During this crisis the Lone Ranger would go mask less, to hide is identity. My Father was stationed on Trinidad during the War, he told me the guys got so tired of seeing breasts that when one of them put on a shirt everyone went for her.
Or something like that.

#16141 3 years ago

This morning at the tag office while I was trying to fill out a form, my damn reading glasses kept fogging up so I had to pull my mask below my nose. I was 12 feet away anyway from anyone.

How does anyone that wear glasses work all day with a mask on? Do you treat the glasses with something to stop the fogging or what?

#16142 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

why is LA surging and spiking with covid cases when they have a mandatory mask regulation in effect for 7 weeks now?

"Health officials said Friday the rise in cases is hitting the county's younger population particularly hard -- likely reflecting re-openings of bars and restaurants and participation in this month's mass demonstrations against police brutality."

"...over the three recent weekends after restaurants and bars were permitted to reopen for dine-in service, county inspectors visited more than 3,700 establishments, and 83% of them were found not to be in full compliance with county protocols for reopening."

"the largest percentage of complaints the Department of Public Health received about restaurants and other businesses were violations of the requirement that safety protocols be publicly posted at each establishment and distributed to employees. The second most common complaint was people not wearing face coverings."

Here's another puzzler, why do people still speed when the speed limit is clearly posted for all to see?

#16143 3 years ago

Here's another puzzler, why do people still speed when the speed limit is clearly posted for all to see?

Signs are a waste of resources and a limit on my right not to look at signs! We just need one person who knows all about speed tell us what speed is safe and everybody will drive that speed because it's in everyone's best interest to do so.

#16145 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

This morning at the tag office while I was trying to fill out a form, my damn reading glasses kept fogging up so I had to pull my mask below my nose. I was 12 feet away anyway from anyone.
How does anyone that wear glasses work all day with a mask on? Do you treat the glasses with something to stop the fogging or what?

You can use anti fog it helps if applied properly. I just pull my glasses slightly down the bridge of my nose.

#16146 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They have just locked down 36 suburbs , for 4 weeks in VIC , if anyone goes to New South Wales ( next door ) from one of those suburbs , they can risk a 6-month jail term and $11,000 fine . We are officially the leper state of Australia .

Lol you already were before Covid

#16147 3 years ago

Per the link I shared, there are still few people going on record and zero attendees of these supposed parties. It definitely wouldn’t be the first time an urban legend gets reported as fact.

#16148 3 years ago
63D4D1AD-5ECB-4D24-83F2-0E5934B9FDB9 (resized).jpeg63D4D1AD-5ECB-4D24-83F2-0E5934B9FDB9 (resized).jpeg
#16149 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Quoted from Oaken:

There have been a few tips and tricks shared in this thread. For example:
1) make sure the metal bendy part is tight on the bridge of your nose
2) place your glasses a little farther down on your nose over the mask
3) try wiping your glasses down with an anti fogger. For instance, shaving cream
4) try swimmer nose pincher thingies over mask

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.