272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 576.
#16050 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

A couple of counties are reporting that they will definitely NOT be closing the beaches this weekend. :\[quoted image]

jaws (resized).jpgjaws (resized).jpg

#16051 3 years ago
BBAE0757-F241-4B79-8253-D168F34966C7 (resized).jpegBBAE0757-F241-4B79-8253-D168F34966C7 (resized).jpeg
#16052 3 years ago

As much as people want to point the finger at the anti-racism protests, they did testing here from people that attended the protests, including one with 60,000 people, and the infection rate wasn't greater than the normal population infection rate. I think because they were outside and most people wore masks, it was still a lot safer than say, being anywhere in Florida.

#16053 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Bars and restaurants here are fencing off their parking lots and then adding picnic tables spaced about 10 feet apart so they can do food and drinks outside. All the staff wear masks, customers wear masks except when they sit at their tables. It's working pretty well, although negotiating in small hallways around the bathrooms can still break the social distancing guidelines. I think this is the safest way for bars and restaurants to operate, keep everyone outside.

I look forward to seeing how creative they will be during the winter months.

#16054 3 years ago

I REALLY wish people would stop trying to point fingers every which way to deflect attention from whatever behavior they want to defend.

Conservatives are all saying that it was the protests, liberals are all saying it's the bars being open and political rallies without masking.

Guess what? IT'S BOTH.

Shut up about it and put a mask on.

#16055 3 years ago

601 cases and 20 deaths today in Dallas.

Save yourselves. Just let us go.

#16056 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I REALLY wish people would stop trying to point fingers every which way to deflect attention from whatever behavior they want to defend.
Conservatives are all saying that it was the protests, liberals are all saying it's the bars being open and political rallies without masking.
Guess what? IT'S BOTH.

Can we shout this from the mountain tops? We need to get on the same team like in New Zealand. We are all in this together whether we like it or not.

Viruses don't care about politics. PERIOD!

#16057 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Stay safe. Play pinball.

#16058 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Dallas county shows 20 deaths today. Tarrant county shows 3 deaths. Since DFW is one big metroplex, what is Tarrant county doing that Dallas county is not? I might as well toss Harris county into the mix with 2 deaths but Houston is not next door to DFW.

What is going on with Dallas?

EDIT: Oh yeah, we are now at 130,074 deaths in the USA.

#16059 3 years ago

...and stop traveling right now.

#16060 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200630-185822_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200630-185822_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16061 3 years ago

Colorado just gave notice to closed the bars again. Our state has been doing reasonably well compared to other states but we have had a rise in infections. I have friends taking a financial hit on all of this but I trust our governor and feel like he has a great understanding of what to do and isn't afraid to do it. Fingers crossed.

#16063 3 years ago

Ok...my opinion of masks has changed; I think everyone can agree that we would prefer not to wear them. There are so many options we have to not wear them, delivery, curbside pickup, and so forth.

If you go inside a business wear a mask. All of the employees are wearing masks and they have to wear them for hours. I am positive that they would prefer not to wear masks for hours on end. If you don’t like wearing a mask shop quickly and reduce the time you have to wear it and remember the employees don’t have that choice.

Also don’t be the jackass that wears a mask at the door and then remove it once you are inside, remember you are in control of how long you are in the business. Don’t make it uncomfortable for the employees trying to do their jobs and enforcing corporate and CDC guidelines.

#16064 3 years ago

Lmfao ....you’ve had a great run at QB odds are it’s over soon the reincarnation of the 80s pack is around the corner!!#Mitch#Nick#screw it just build that D and it will arrive !!

#16065 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Colorado just gave notice to closed the bars again. Our state has been doing reasonably well compared to other states but we have had a rise in infections. I have friends taking a financial hit on all of this but I trust our governor and feel like he has a great understanding of what to do and isn't afraid to do it. Fingers crossed.

It seems like a prudent approach

#16066 3 years ago

While I really hope this is just a temporary week or two bump, it's really starting to look like we've lost control of the situation and things are going to get bad fast in about a dozen states:

new cases 6 29 (resized).pngnew cases 6 29 (resized).png
#16067 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While I really hope this is just a temporary week or two bump, it's really starting to look like we've lost control of the situation and things are going to get bad fast in about a dozen states:[quoted image]

Trying to stay positive but in IN the gov came back slow but just last week YMCA had a start and 3 restaurants that opened are now closed due to employees + all just near us.Nobody here wears masks I work in Illinois so I’m used to wearing them and would anyway reguardless.I dunno shit I’m just going off wife’s hospital meetings again but seems like it’s going to be a long ass year to go .I really hope not but planning on it in case.Stay safe all and always remember others.

#16068 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmfao ....you’ve had a great run at QB odds are it’s over soon the reincarnation of the 80s pack is around the corner!!#Mitch#Nick#screw it just build that D and it will arrive !!

Hey we have a whole thread for this. Come on over and we'll berate you until you feel bad about yourself and your team. It's kind of what we do.

#16069 3 years ago

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-county-record-coronavirus-cases-11923238?fbclid=IwAR0W54LI70fzpLQUYMioYk4rzReD0P2uFch7S06KHwGFDhH9eM1xHoWxuwg

Dallas county posts a record for new cases in a day with 601. The numbers keep rising here, unfortunately. The trend is younger people (18-39) who are catching it due to large social gatherings and having to return to work.

I hope everyone is staying safe out there.

#16070 3 years ago

I have learned I don't have to worry about anything.

#16071 3 years ago

It’s no smarmy meme, but thought this was valuable information from a non-biased source.

“Using anonymous cell phone tracking data from SafeGraph, Inc., as well as data on the local prevalence of COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we demonstrate that cities which had protests saw an increase in social distancing behavior for the overall population relative to cities that did not. In addition, we find no evidence that net COVID-19 case growth differentially rose following the onset of Black Lives Matter protests, and even modest evidence of a small longer-run case growth decline. These results make an important contribution not only to the current discussion around policies for controlling the spread of disease, but also to the understanding of human behavior of the general population during periods of civil unrest.”

https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408.pdf

#16072 3 years ago

Guess what? IT'S BOTH.

Here’s some more data from testing in Massachusetts.

“ More than 17,000 people took advantage of free COVID-19 testing offered last week aimed for people who had attended Black Lives Matter protests. Of those, 2.5% tested positive for the coronavirus, Gov. Charlie Baker said Tuesday morning.

Massachusetts offered free COVID-19 testing at more than 50 sites on Wednesday and Thursday, and a handful offered testing on Friday. In total, 17,617 people got COVID-19 tests under the initiative. Baker said the results are consistent with the statewide public health data.”

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/06/after-black-lives-matter-protests-in-massachusetts-25-who-got-free-covid-19-testing-were-positive-for-coronavirus-governor-says.html

#16073 3 years ago
5B763236-65E4-4709-88C5-FA175464F428 (resized).jpeg5B763236-65E4-4709-88C5-FA175464F428 (resized).jpeg
#16074 3 years ago

They have just locked down 36 suburbs , for 4 weeks in VIC , if anyone goes to New South Wales ( next door ) from one of those suburbs , they can risk a 6-month jail term and $11,000 fine . We are officially the leper state of Australia .

#16075 3 years ago

Kaiser Permanente (in Oregon) is now giving Covid-19 anti-body tests (w/ blood draw) for those who ask,
so went and got one while i was at lab clinic for other basic metabolic blood work tests.
Mine came back negative. Kinda mixed feelings about that.
I had a bad cold/flu? like symptoms that had me flat on my back for 4-5 days
back in mid-late FEB , shortly after a trip flying to/back San Jose via PDX;
so was curious if I by chance was already exposed.

#16076 3 years ago

So weird that people are using a 'both sides' argument to promote masks now. Let's (both sides) stop the politics and just agree on the masks. As if both sides were part of the mask problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the mask thing is finally catching on after 127k dead. Better late than never, unless you are already or sick or dead. But I don't remember seeing politicization from the science side of this ever. There was never a 'show your support for x, y, or z cause/side/person by wearing your mask'.

It was and always has been - wear a mask to slow the spread, to protect and care for fellow humans.

#16077 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Kaiser Permanente (in Oregon) is now giving Covid-19 anti-body tests (w/ blood draw) for those who ask,
so went and got one while i was at lab clinic for other basic metabolic blood work tests.
Mine came back negative. Kinda mixed feelings about that.
I had a bad cold/flu? like symptoms that had me flat on my back for 4-5 days
back in mid-late FEB , shortly after a trip flying to/back San Jose via PDX;
so was curious if I by chance was already exposed.

I've read once antibodies fall under a certain level, the test won't detect them. That can happen in just 2 or 3 months. Both our tests came back negative. We were both sick around that same time frame. Who knows?

#16078 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Social Distancing: The airline industry's version of social distancing.
===============================================
" Middle seats and packed planes are coming back as airlines prepare to ease restrictions."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/economy/middle-seats-airlines-covid-19/index.html
" American Airlines (AAL), the world's largest carrier disclosed Friday that "customers may notice that flights are booked to capacity starting July 1." This change comes even as the number of Covid-19 cases rises in many states."
"United (UAL) has been willing to sell every possible seat throughout the pandemic. Both said they would notify passengers when a flight has more than 70% of its seats booked, and allow them to change to a less crowded flight. But that won't necessarily allow passengers with limited flexibility to avoid crowded flights."

you are in a flying tube for hours, can't imagine an extra seat apart really helps reduce the already large risk

#16079 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

But I don't remember seeing politicization from the science side of this ever. There was never a 'show your support for x, y, or z cause/side/person by wearing your mask'.

No one is going to come out and say "Only Dems wear masks."

It's not both-sides as in rep/dem, it's both sides as in "My opinion has as much value as your science."

#16081 3 years ago

Another one...

a80b5dca0e05_4360 (resized).jpga80b5dca0e05_4360 (resized).jpg
#16082 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've read once antibodies fall under a certain level, the test won't detect them. That can happen in just 2 or 3 months. Both our tests came back negative. We were both sick around that same time frame. Who knows?

C2AE9694-68DB-4129-8D72-EDDCFD193BAC (resized).jpegC2AE9694-68DB-4129-8D72-EDDCFD193BAC (resized).jpeg

Weeks not months so those of us who think we got it early will never know.

#16083 3 years ago

New study in JAMA about recent death undercount.

“Findings In this cohort study, the number of deaths due to any cause increased by approximately 122 000 from March 1 to May 30, 2020, which is 28% higher than the reported number of COVID-19 deaths.”

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980?guestAccessKey=430b6dad-a4ab-42a5-bb2b-9f94c81b10d1&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=070120

#16084 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

you are in a flying tube for hours, can't imagine an extra seat apart really helps reduce the already large risk

The short answer to your proclamation is: We are hosed.

The other answer: If I cannot drive in my own vehicle, I ain't goin' .

#16085 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There's been a long building "science denial" issue here in America that has downstream effects like this.

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time — when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness…

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark (1995

#16086 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53248660
Immunity may be more widespread than previously thought.

The truth is they just dont know Daditude. One thing we do know though is infection rates are climbing and Covidndeaths are declining so thats a positive thing and not gloom and doom like some people are acting like.

#16087 3 years ago

Heat map from folks at Harvard.

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics-for-covid-suppression/

FFB11494-71A5-41B7-9796-B6C72F59E4E3 (resized).jpegFFB11494-71A5-41B7-9796-B6C72F59E4E3 (resized).jpeg
#16088 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The truth is they just dont know Daditude. One thing we do know though is infection rates are climbing and Covidndeaths are declining so thats a positive thing and not gloom and doom like some people are acting like.

Give it 4 more weeks.

#16089 3 years ago
b921fb0cdf31_4360.gifb921fb0cdf31_4360.gif
#16090 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dallas county shows 20 deaths today. Tarrant county shows 3 deaths. Since DFW is one big metroplex, what is Tarrant county doing that Dallas county is not? I might as well toss Harris county into the mix with 2 deaths but Houston is not next door to DFW.
What is going on with Dallas?
EDIT: Oh yeah, we are now at 130,074 deaths in the USA.

That was the record for a day, and was an anomaly thus far. 1 was light, though, too. 6-12 is what we've been seeing. That 20 was on a Monday, and i suspect it was when the normal rounds doctors were back on the ICU floor and made the calls to shut some down.

#16091 3 years ago

Guess what? IT'S BOTH.

Yep. Ridiculous to believe otherwise. Both behaviors are risky and in my opinion, contributing to spikes across the country.

With everything we've learned about the highly contagious nature of this virus, I have no idea why anyone would believe these mass shoulder to shoulder protests for weeks now aren't big contributing factor as well. Sad the media is trying to spin it otherwise, though.

#16092 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200325-224302~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200325-224302~2 (resized).png
#16093 3 years ago

I tried to take care of some DMV stuff online and kept getting errors while ago. Tomorrow I will go to the tag office, and required or not I will have a mask on.

I do like the way things are being handled in my state. They do not want to make masks mandatory, instead they are just pleading for everyone to do the right thing. And their new plea is that if you want to see any college football at all, or even pro football, the best thing you can do is start wearing a mask while in public now.

#16094 3 years ago

July 1st, Canada Day (153 years old), for us to the North. Coronavirus took this away from most Canadians. No pancake breakfasts, no parades, no Legion Beer Garden, no car shows, not even Fireworks. Around 99.5% of activates were all cancelled due to the virus. The day didn't feel the same.

I hope that on the U.S. Independence Day, we will see some Fireworks, maybe on PBS.

#16095 3 years ago

Well, Pennsylvania:
You sure f**ked that up - AGAIN.
Thanks for throwing more support behind the face-mask industry.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/07/wolf-tightens-pa-mask-wearing-order-swaying-everyone-must-wear-one-whenever-outside.html

#16096 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I hope that on the U.S. Independence Day, we will see some Fireworks, maybe on PBS.

In my area there are fireworks about 300 days a year now. Some nice ones and pretty, but most hard to tell if a firework or a gunshot anymore.

The virus has made all that a lot worse. People that wanted to go out and do things and could not have been big time buying fireworks just to do something.

(while a few are shooting guns also).

Times are crazy but I do like the social distancing and I hope that stays like this forever.

In the past I would get tired of standing still in a line for whatever and others bumping into me or stepping on my shoes while I was just standing still in a line somewhere.

#16097 3 years ago

Ive stayed away for 75 days. I guess my January thread on the need for masks had some merit.
Sad, I had to be ridiculed so much.
Sometimes old people have knowledge.

#16098 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

July 1st, Canada Day (153 years old), for us to the North. Coronavirus took this away from most Canadians. No pancake breakfasts, no parades, no Legion Beer Garden, no car shows, not even Fireworks. Around 99.5% of activates were all cancelled due to the virus. The day didn't feel the same.

Saw a few fireworks out our window lat night. Lasted about a minute Must have just been some locals. With the groundhog day feeling we forgot it was even Canada Day. Happy belated birthday

images.jpgimages.jpg
#16099 3 years ago

A tornado touches down unexpectedly, there’s little time to prepare. This is not a tornado, This is a hurricane, you can see it coming and have time to get ready. In a hurricane you board up your windows to prepare. Well, wearing a mask is just like boarding up your windows, but when you wear a mask, you also take some strength away from the hurricane. If everyone wears a mask, by the time the hurricane comes it will be so weak that it won’t destroy as much as it could have at full force.

Wear a mask.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/322?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.