272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 576.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

you do know that breast feeding is natural and free

I enjoy it.

#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

I believe this is untrue. On March 15th it was reported that Rand Paul was at a ball at the speed museum here in Louisville with people who tested positive.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/03/15/louisville-coronavirus-cases-museum-speed-ball-guest-tests-positive/5054435002/
My guess is that this is why he got tested. He knew he had contact with people who had the virus and was tested for it.

And I believe that anyone that thinks they might have it based on exposure should quarantine. Or they’re an irresponsible douche bag.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For some reason it hasn't been as bad this last week.
Perhaps I just miss the old men telling me WWII stories while at work.

I would highly recommended netflix Ken burns WW2 documentary

#1554 4 years ago

I highly recommend "Nathan For You" on Comedy Central or Hulu.

A superb Canadian export.

#1555 4 years ago

Yeah, the biggest gang of all us the US military. And i hope they wipe the street with assholes that think they can take the law into their own hands. If I pay my taxes for anything, it’s to clean the slate with assholes that think anarchy works.

Quoted from o-din:

If this shit gets way out of control, there are plenty of gangs and other armed people that will be taking matters into their own hands. Thumbs up to those that are ready to protect themselves. Although a gang might be a little hard to fend off by one's self, it might make them go after easier prey. Or it could piss them off even more.

#1556 4 years ago

Trailer park boys is a great Canadian Comedy ..not recommended for minors

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trailer park boys is a great Canadian Comedy ..not recommended for minors

Ive watched them all. It's water under the fridge man.

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For some reason it hasn't been as bad this last week.
Perhaps I just miss the old men telling me WWII stories while at work.

I agree....it was good that he took a pretty strong approach to all this madness....

#1559 4 years ago

The Rush Episode is my favourite!

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

There are going to be a lot of people out of work. There is serious potential for people to loot, riot, etc. While I do not live in an area where I think that will occur - it’s not outside the realm of possibility. If people get desperate, crazy shit can happen. I’ll leave it at that.

Yeah, just shoot freely. Sounds good.

#1561 4 years ago

https://wbng.com/2020/03/22/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-york-state-on-pause-plan/

1. Effective at 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide will be closed;
  2. Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations or other social events) are canceled or postponed at this time;
  3. Any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limited to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced;
  4. When in public individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others;
  5. Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet;
  6. Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people;
  7. Individuals should limit use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders;
  8. Sick individuals should not leave their home unless to receive medical care and only after a telehealth visit to determine if leaving the home is in the best interest of their health;
  9. Young people should also practice social distancing and avoid contact with vulnerable populations; and
  10. Use precautionary sanitizer practices such as using isopropyl alcohol wipes.
#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree....it was good that he took a pretty strong approach to all this madness....

He has really stepped up.

And if nothing else good can come from all this, maybe when the dust settles, this country will have finally found a way to work as one.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I lived through the LA riots. What a show they put on.

Sure you did. In Orange County? Jesus, just stop.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He has really stepped up.
And if nothing else good can come from all this, maybe when the dust settles, this country will have finally found a way to work as one.

love the optimism

#1565 4 years ago

Woah!?

Is the President of Slovakia single?

Either my heart has stopped or the tightness in my chest is COVID-19.

9pvazyrmy8o41 (resized).jpg9pvazyrmy8o41 (resized).jpg
#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I've got a WW2 era grenade in the basement ready for anyone who tries to set foot on my property and take my carton of TP.

And I’ll throw bleach and acid in your face and stab your neck with a butcher knife.

Arm up!

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The Rush Episode is my favourite!

I recently saw the Xmas Special - it's kind of a prequel to season 1 and it was really good. Might be my fave. But the Rush episode is a classic too.

#1569 4 years ago

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

Is this a recommendation for HIS immune system, his baby's....or both?

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is this a recommendation for HIS immune system, his baby's....or both?

It’s a reco for anybody who has a baby.

#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I recently saw the Xmas Special - it's kind of a prequel to season 1 and it was really good. Might be my fave. But the Rush episode is a classic too.

Yes ..one of my favourites as well...Laheydrunk with the plastic bag Santa beard!
Rickey: Santa takes care of presents for me....the look on bubbles and Rays face !

#1572 4 years ago

Sure you did. In Orange County? Jesus, just stop.

Calm down. I watched it on TV like everybody else. I only meant I was alive and paying attention.

But if it makes you feel any better I was a block away when Cal State Fullerton got shot up and when the guy went postal in Dana Point.

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

love the optimism

Our governor is showing optimism like no tomorrow. All our leaders are. But they aren't sugar coating the reality of the situation.

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Woah!?
Is the President of Slovakia single?
Either my heart has stopped or the tightness in my chest is COVID-19.[quoted image]

I sure am a 90s kid. As soon as I saw the pic of them looking like female ninjas, I heard "MORTAL KOMBAAAAT" in my head.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I sure am a 90s kid. As soon as I saw the pic of them looking like female ninjas, I heard "MORTAL KOMBAAAAT" in my head.

Oh, for sure! Mileena or Skarlet.

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Our governor is showing optimism like no tomorrow. All our leaders are. But they aren't sugar coating the reality of the situation.

I cant say I'm feeling any optimism as it stands right now. I wish there was a little light coming through at the tunnel, but that could be months away.

#1577 4 years ago

PantherCityPins We've been told we're on day 7 of 15. What realistically happens on day #15? Will the curve be flat enough, so that we can resume our normal lives? We get reports from China that they're "going back to work", but without a vaccine or herd immunity, aren't they just as vulnerable as they were back in January before they quarantined 50+ million people?

#1578 4 years ago
3A40B8D4-2633-47AE-9C3C-0F3BEF35EDA7 (resized).png3A40B8D4-2633-47AE-9C3C-0F3BEF35EDA7 (resized).png
#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s unfortunate, and childish, he only does it to get a rise, but I’m still not understanding how being called your nationality is deemed offensive.

Unfortunate and childish. Or petty. Two/three words you don’t want associated with ultimate leadership.

In the HISTORY of this GREAT nation- or let’s stay 100 years - how many times have we had to even entertain this folly?

How is this good? WhY is this good? I’m serious. I entreat you. I BEG you. Why is this good? How does this help? What the FUCK is going on here?

#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I cant say I'm feeling any optimism as it stands right now. I wish there was a little light coming through at the tunnel, but that could be months away.

I guess a lot of my optimism is coming from that fact that I've been sitting here all day doing almost exactly what I've been doing at work the last eight years, and soon checks will be arriving to pay me for it.

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

We've been told we're on day 7 of 15. What realistically happens on day #15?

That’s when they’ll roll out the 90 day plan, and I’m not joking at all.

#1582 4 years ago

It’s a reco for anybody who has a baby.

True, but women who have stopped breastfeeding have a hard time restarting or making enough for an older baby. Need formula.

#1583 4 years ago

Here’s a sobering account from a 31-year-old nurse practitioner in Albany GA (my state).

“COVID19 is not like the flu...at all... How do I know? Because I’ve lived through it to tell the tale!

Memoirs of a 31 y.o. male with no underlying health conditions.

March 3, 2020-Bronchitis like illness started, dry cough, no fever

March 5, 2020-Low grade fever starts, still thinking bronchitis

March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.

March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn’t flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.

March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.

March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I’m only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.

March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I’m terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.

March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80’s. I’m still on 40 lpm and 60%. I’m trying to gasp for air, but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I’m about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I’m sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient. Fortunately he sees me and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I’m terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90’s. I’m weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I’m on 100%, this time for several hours. I’m slowly weaned again to 60%.

March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a ) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.

March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I’m weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.

March 17, 2020-I’ve been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I’m feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients’ feelings from all these years of nursing. I’m weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I’m going to the medical floor.

March 18, 2020-I’m weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I’m hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I’ve been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I’m relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I’ve been so sick. I’m weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I’m weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I’m weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.

March 19, 2020-As I write this, I’m waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I’ve had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.

Guys, this is why social isolation is a thing. As a 31 y.o., I wasn’t supposed to get sick. I wasn’t supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We’ve already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn’t one of them! However, many won’t be as fortunate as I have been. Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome “

#1584 4 years ago

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

And would be fantastic if that was an option. Not every woman has the ability to produce and it really is heartbreaking and demoralizing to watch your kid whither cause your mammory glands don’t work right.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

True, but women who have stopped breastfeeding have a hard time restarting or making enough for an older baby. Need formula.

Understood, but why any healthy/capable women doesn’t it is a head scratcher, basically free and healthier.

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a sobering account from a 31-year-old nurse practitioner in Albany GA (my state).

This nurse was probably way overworked and rundown which contributed to how sick he got. Been there, done that for sure.

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I think he said China virus, indicating the origin of it. A virus is not a race, but its passport was clearly stamped in China.

For the benefit of what? Why does this freaking matter? It antogonizes the world’s “other” superpower, and, last time I checked, a major owner of US debt and property. This is just STUPiD posturing. And if you think it s important, you probably thought it was important to meet the town dweeb at the flagpole after school. Only China isn’t the town dweeb. And if you think they are, YOU are the town retard.

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

“COVID19 is not like the flu...at all... How do I know? Because I’ve lived through it to tell the tale!
March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.
March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn’t flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.
March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.
March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I’m only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.
March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I’m terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.
March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80’s. I’m still on 40 lpm and 60%. I’m trying to gasp for air, but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I’m about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I’m sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient. Fortunately he sees me and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I’m terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90’s. I’m weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I’m on 100%, this time for several hours. I’m slowly weaned again to 60%.
March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a ) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.
March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I’m weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.
March 17, 2020-I’ve been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I’m feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients’ feelings from all these years of nursing. I’m weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I’m going to the medical floor.
March 18, 2020-I’m weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I’m hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I’ve been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I’m relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I’ve been so sick. I’m weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I’m weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I’m weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.
March 19, 2020-As I write this, I’m waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I’ve had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.
Guys, this is why social isolation is a thing. As a 31 y.o., I wasn’t supposed to get sick. I wasn’t supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We’ve already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn’t one of them! However, many won’t be as fortunate as I have been. Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome “

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

#1589 4 years ago

Good news: 3M is delivering more masks!

Stock price currently at $124.89... will it rise?

In the U.S., we are producing 35 million respirators per month. More than 500,000 respirators are on the way to two of the more critically impacted areas, New York and Seattle, with arrivals expected starting tomorrow. Read full statement here:
https://s.3m.com/2QC4XjK 3/3
3:23 PM · Mar 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/3M/status/1241822783153340417

#1590 4 years ago

Unfortunate and childish. Or petty. Two/three words you don’t want associated with ultimate leadership.
In the HISTORY of this GREAT nation- or let’s stay 100 years - how many times have we had to even entertain this folly?
How is this good? WhY is this good? I’m serious. I entreat you. I BEG you. Why is this good? How does this help? What the FUCK is going on here?

Agree with you on the strong leadership, but I BEG you to explain how all the bashing and anger is going to do any good now.

#1591 4 years ago

It antogonizes the world’s “other” superpower,

You think any more than the recently imposed trade tariffs?

This chatroom had a certain calm to it all afternoon, but now I think it's time to go do something else.

Cheers!

#1592 4 years ago

Yeah, the biggest gang of all us the US military. And i hope they wipe the street with assholes that think they can take the law into their own hands. If I pay my taxes for anything, it’s to clean the slate with assholes that think anarchy works.

Don't expect anyone else to protect you because they cant be everywhere. Hopefully you have the means to protect yourself, if not you are screwed..

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

So where is Iceman these days?

Really? Who cares? The discussion has gotten serious and fact based. He’s not really needed, Ya know?

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a sobering account

31 is way old...

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That scares the f#ck out of me. What's the co-pay on a visit like that?

We're only two/three weeks past being told that the "corona-flu" was just going to affect a minority of the population that was old and already sick.

Turns out that was another lie. Or maybe a "hunch" gone wrong? Alternative facts?

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It shouldn't be used as a term because Asian people are being harassed. Throwing meat to his base by being a "Bad Boy" is not helping those people in their everyday lives. Those are his people too.
Just because he can't have his hateful rallies does not excuse his behavior during this crisis. He needs to be a calming factor, not an inciter.

And if you asshats didn’t get it the first two times

#1597 4 years ago

If you haven't watched letterkenny yet, you're welcome. Great distraction

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I wanted to avoid politics, but it kind of enrages me to hear “we inherited an obsolete system” over and over again. When you’re 3 years into your term, you own what you have. It hits home, because any engineering manager who pulled that shit would be fired. You might get 6 months to blame your predecessor, but after that you own it.

O.M.G. Thank you! The LEADER of the free world shouldn’t be a sycophant to “previous standards” in a global FREAKING catastrophe.

Show some freaking SACK. Show freaking LEADERSHIP! You know, like Washington or Lincoln or Roosevelt. Like true freaking leaders! In crisis! You buffoon!

This was an OPPORTUNITY clown shoes. Not an excuse to deflect and rationalize.

ASShOLE LOSER FUCKHEAD!

#1599 4 years ago

For the benefit of what? Why does this freaking matter? It antogonizes the world’s “other” superpower, and, last time I checked, a major owner of US debt and property. This is just STUPiD posturing. And if you think it s important, you probably thought it was important to meet the town dweeb at the flagpole after school. Only China isn’t the town dweeb. And if you think they are, YOU are the town retard.

edited

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

cut all ties with them after this shit storm is over.

They make all the medical supplies

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.