272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 576.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The airlines I understand. We actually NEED them.
The cruise lines?! Who gives a fuck. They don’t even fly American flags because they don’t want to pay taxes.

Buy em all for pennies on the dollar and convert them to floating hospitals, the cruise industry will be the hardest hit out of this. Who the hells going to want to float around on a Petri dish right after this mess.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Honestly it’s just disappointing. Early last week I was willing to give the big guy a break, and he seemed to be turning a corner. Now he’s back to campaigning and blaming. I’m not gonna try to kick that football again, he pulls it away every time.

I hear that. I just hope when it's all said and done he makes the right choices to bring us through this crisis and gets whatever support required to do it. It must be hard job right now. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Can we stop patting ourselves on the backs for "closing the boarders to China". That obviously did not work.

And it's just another LIE

It slowed its progress. Same with the European travel ban. The disease will envelope the entire globe eventually. No one can stop it, we can only hope to contain it.

#1504 4 years ago

Get ready to lock the thread, we’ll be declaring victory soon:

"We are very united. People are saying things they didn’t say three weeks ago... It’s going to be a victory that in my opinion will take place sooner than people have expected."

Just hold on a moment while I, uhh, there we go, move these pesky goalposts. There! See? Victory!

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The airlines I understand. We actually NEED them.
The cruise lines?! Who gives a fuck. They don’t even fly American flags because they don’t want to pay taxes.

I'm guessing they don't want different sectors of the economy to fail and drag down the whole. You'd have a rise in unemployment and truthfully I think they said it's really big business. I don't know as I've never been interested, now were it a fishing trip to Alaska.....I'm in.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You'd have a rise in unemployment and truthfully I think they said it's really big business.

They don’t pay taxes here

#1507 4 years ago

Germany's chancellor Merkel tests positive after a visit to a doctor who also tested positive.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

In her defense, theres not much to work with.

My wife laughed like shit at your comment and stays she agrees! Thanks for the bus weight Jay

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

On the bright side it’s officially spring in Northern Illinois[quoted image]

It's wild isn't it. Turn on all the machines; feel the lights illuminate the room. A pantry full of supplies, fresh snow on the ground, anxiety in your chest and 2 weeks vacation. Aaaaahh Christmas. Waaait a minute.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm guessing they don't want different sectors of the economy to fail and drag down the whole. You'd have a rise in unemployment and truthfully I think they said it's really big business. I don't know as I've never been interested, now were it a fishing trip to Alaska.....I'm in.

It’s going to be a tough sell to cram 1000s of people on a boat for awhile.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

First mistake: shortcut Taken to true destination put me in my wife’s path.
Second mistake: agreeing to let her cut my hair[quoted image]

Dude! Spray paint can and become a lego head.

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s going to be a tough sell to cram 1000s of people on a boat for awhile

I've never gotten the appeal but a lot of people do.

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s going to be a tough sell to cram 1000s of people on a boat for awhile.

Ehh... free alcohol will get it done...

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ehh... free alcohol will get it done...

Probably right, but it’s going to be rough seas ahead for that industry.

#1516 4 years ago

Does anyone know if/how Stern is impacted by the recent Illinois recommendations?

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I've never gotten the appeal but a lot of people do.

I actually had tickets to go on one for the first week of June. My first time ever on a cruise ship. As soon as this popped up, we canceled.

#1518 4 years ago

I’m going to ask my wife for a picture of the back ...lord have mercy. I swear I’m in the Truman show.

#1519 4 years ago

Can’t you just trap and skin a beaver or something? Your hair will be waterproof and silky smooth.

#1520 4 years ago

Haha haha!!!!

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone know if/how Stern is impacted by the recent Illinois recommendations?

They were required to shutdown Saturday by 5pm (a requirement for non-essential businesses). My local dealer conveyed; Friday was their last day.

#1522 4 years ago

Some people just can't keep politics out of pinside. People like him (not you but the one you are getting at) are why I hardly spend time on here anymore.

#1523 4 years ago

Strangely she disappeared when I asked

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Strangely she disappeared when I asked

But in all fairness I’m in the garage pretending I’m busy

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Perhaps they could turn that large building they recently occupied into a containment center.

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Germany's chancellor Merkel tests positive after a visit to a doctor who also tested positive.

Source? All I can find is that she is in isolation.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The absence of Faucci on this press conference is both unexcusable and disturbing.

He is supposed to be there tomorrow to address more of the medical type questions. I believe today was more of a briefing for logistics like supply chain and how the private sector is helping. The big take away nobody is mentioning is how even private testing companies are going to have to prioritize tests from hospital patients. About time.

#1528 4 years ago

It is REALLY hard to feel sorry for the airline industry considering how they have treated customers so bad for so long.

Reducing seat sizes, excess baggage fees, etc..

It’s like trying to feel sorry for a bank robber who broke his leg.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Source? All I can find is that she is in isolation.

Just saw it on the news while watching the market report on bloomberg channel.

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Some people just can't keep politics out of pinside. People like him (not you but the one you are getting at) are why I hardly spend time on here anymore.

I don’t know, if you’ve read the last few pages of this thread, you’d see that yes there’s some political undertones, but people are just getting shit off their chests, disagreeing and moving on, pretty civil under the current circumstances if you ask me.

#1531 4 years ago

Not so bad eh?

A37ADD68-C7F4-4A26-939C-1333DE76E524 (resized).jpegA37ADD68-C7F4-4A26-939C-1333DE76E524 (resized).jpeg
#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

It is REALLY hard to feel sorry for the airline industry considering how they have treated customers so bad for so long.
Reducing seat sizes, excess baggage fees, etc..
In liken it to try to feel sorry for a bank robber who broke his leg.

The problem with the airline industry is they just did a collective buy back of stocks of like $45 billion, they’re in trouble. They will need a bailout though, unfortunately. The industry is a needed one.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not so bad eh?[quoted image]

It's fine. Give it a wash. Dry and re-cut the high spots. You'll look great.

#1534 4 years ago

Merkel is only in Quarantine. No news about if the test is negative or positive so far.

#1535 4 years ago

I’m having flashbacks to the time I had my wife cut my hair. Never again. Never again.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I don’t know, if you’ve read the last few pages of this thread, you’d see that yes there’s some political undertones, but people are just getting shit off their chests, disagreeing and moving on, pretty civil under the current circumstances if you ask me.

I agree. At this time many of us have nobody else to talk to.

That you Pinside!

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’d probably go with McLuvins beaver skin idea

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Merkel is only in Quarantine. No news about if the test is negative or positive so far.

I may have heard it wrong then. Her doctor did test positive and I thought they said she did too.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The splayed and wavy Van Gogh sunflowers tie the look together..!

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’d probably go with McLuvins beaver skin idea

Friar Tuck look for sure.

#1541 4 years ago
F8A4ECC2-B247-4063-95B1-7F46C365FFCF (resized).pngF8A4ECC2-B247-4063-95B1-7F46C365FFCF (resized).png
#1542 4 years ago

It’s definitely the apocalypse, my wife just cooked dinner.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

She's thinking about the insurance policy...…………...

#1544 4 years ago

National Guard Mobilized to NY, CA, and WA.

This starts, in support of the "Rumors" that were shared.

Hug the family......Stormy seas ahead. Be Safe.

Dont watch the Stock Market,
Watch the Walking Dead on Now, Awesome!!

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It's definitely the apocalypse as I am watching our governor speak on a daily basis now.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The splayed and wavy Van Gogh sunflowers tie the look together..!

Ironic ..one of my wife’s paint by numbers

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's definitely the apocalypse as I am watching our governor speak on a daily basis now.

which under most circumstances is very painful....

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

sataneatscheese pulled up Target inventory for our formula for Towson just for fun and said 2 in stock. (I know nothing of Baltimore just pulled that store up at random). That’s 2 more than are available here!
Twin Cities getting shorted by our own home grown company.
Might have to request a favor if things get dire.

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

which under most circumstances is very painful....

For some reason it hasn't been as bad this last week.

Perhaps I just miss the old men telling me WWII stories while at work.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So, with all due respect, you do know that breast feeding is natural and free and the BEST lifetime boost to the immune system ever?

In almost all cases formula is definitely not a necessity.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/31?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.