272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 576.
#15800 3 years ago

Heads up. A questionable hand sanitizer manufacturer, Eskbiochem, has been using methanol in its products.

Toss em if you got em:

All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-advises-consumers-not-use-hand-sanitizer-products-manufactured-eskbiochem#:~:text=%5B6%2F19%2F2020%5D,through%20the%20skin%20or%20ingested.

#15801 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not that cold in Brazil right now.

I see that. But death tolls in most other warm places where it was rampant in the winter have declined. For now...

And the news just told me our country is going deep into the shitter right now and will be getting way worse over the next few weeks.

Disneyland reopening anytime soon? I seriously doubt it. Even Texas's governor is finally telling residents to stay home. Good luck everybody is all I can say.

#15802 3 years ago

It would be very nice if “it’s hot out!” Is a cure for this.

Not looking too promising on that front.

#15803 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Big uptick in Washington state right now. And this may not even be the second wave yet, but perhaps just the first wave resuming now that things have opened back up and thousands of people hit the streets.
Again, I do believe the whole country would be in much worse shape than it's already put itself in if Christmas was next month instead of Independence Day. Seems I might the only one here anyway. But fair weather also lends itself to more people being out and about. Time will or might tell. Next winter will be here soon enough.

I live in Washington, it's a sad trend based on income and equity. King County, where Seattle and the bulk of the population is, continues to have very low numbers. But the three counties where the apple and cherry orchards are on the east side of the state are all having a big growth in cases - and it's primarily Hispanic seasonal farmworkers. They live in bunkhouses where a large number of people are sleeping and breathing the same air, then are packed into buses and driven to the fields. And they aren't issued PPE and these are conservative areas, I drove through Yakima Saturday and nobody was wearing a mask, totally the opposite of Seattle. It's alot like how the virus has hit the meat packing plants where most of the workers are poor and black. I can't see those numbers going down until it runs it's way through all the seasonal farm workers, those farms are desperate for workers right now and aren't taking the proper precautions.

#15804 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

The shut down was never meant to cause the virus to disappear. It was meant to buy time for the medical community to prepare. The area under the curve was the same, so the same number of people were expected to get infected.

No. The FIRST goal was to flatten the curve. That wasn't the ONLY goal. It takes ~60-80% of people to get infected to develop herd immunity. And that assumes that it is even possible to get herd immunity to a virus like this one, with poor antibody formation and persistence.

Do you think the other countries that have had significant drops in cases did it through herd immunity? If that was true, China would have around a billion cases (~70% of 1.5B), with ~10 million deaths (conservatively assuming an infection mortality rate of 1%). It is OBVIOUS that it is worth continuing to take measures to try to limit the total # of infections, and therefore # of deaths.

#15805 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, that wasn't really my observation.

Just that people in general are more likely to have an easier time fighting a bug or not going into pneumonia in warmer, longer day weather, than they did in say NY when it was freezing cold out and less fresh air from being sealed up inside a forced air heated building or whatever.

Speculation on my part until we see what next winter brings. Unless it gets totally unleashed within the next couple months which in many parts of the USA they have been trying to do.

#15806 3 years ago

Serious accusation from the former head of the Florida data website: Florida is falsifying hospital data so that they can fully open by July 4th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1275539491034402821

#15807 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Heads up. A questionable hand sanitizer manufacturer, Eskbiochem, has been using methanol in its products.

Thanks for the heads up but I have neither purchased or used any hand sanitizer since this began. And am still on my one and only face mask.

Sad to say though, my stash of 91% alcohol is running a little low and has gotten a little hard to come by.

#15808 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not looking too promising on that front.

I’m actually thinking it’s quite the opposite, when it gets hot out people go back indoors, might be why these southern states are starting to get hit hard, I lived in South Florida for awhile and we always partied indoors June-September.

#15809 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m actually thinking it’s quite the opposite, when it gets hot out people go back indoors, might be why these southern states are starting to get hit hard, I lived in South Florida for awhile and we always partied indoors June-September.

Wait a minute.......are you saying that you left Florida and moved to Illinois? Why in the Sam hell would anyone do that? Lol

#15811 3 years ago

In other fake news, the noose found in Bubba Wallace's Nascar garage had been there for over a year before he even used it, so instead of a hate crime, it was some mechanic showing off skills he learned in Boy Scouts.

#15812 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wait a minute.......are you saying that you left Florida and moved to Illinois?

That is nuts.

I am glad that Florida is a short drive for me to visit, but I could not live there. Illinois...hell no, the traffic and toll roads are the pits.

I do like Ohio, I used to go there all the time and hang out at Kings Island a little, and Cedar Point a lot.

I would not mind having a summer house close to Cedar Point and on the lake if I had the money.

In the meantime this is the first time in a lot of years that I have no plans to travel anywhere for a vacation.

Something back in October kicked my ass, and I tested negative for the flu at the time, and I do not want to chance feeling like that again.

I just hope I can take the boat to the lake a few times this year.

My girlfriend is sad we are not taking any trips, but she agrees with all the games and fun stuff here, we are fine not getting out for a long time.

#15813 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Serious accusation from the former head of the Florida data website: Florida is falsifying hospital data so that they can fully open by July 4th.
https://mobile.twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1275539491034402821

Knowing that sorta data likely won't make any difference here as people are fully entrenched in their belief camps. But I do have to wonder if the rest of the world will at some point just get fed up of us not taking this seriously and just ban travel from the USA to their nations. From the data I saw we're doing very badly compared to say Europe, so one has to wonder if the prudent medical thing to do is just keep us contained within our borders until this all blows over.

#15814 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wait a minute.......are you saying that you left Florida and moved to Illinois? Why in the Sam hell would anyone do that? Lol

You sound like you have never been to south Florida. .

#15815 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That is nuts.
I am glad that Florida is a short drive for me to visit, but I could not live there. Illinois...hell no, the traffic and toll roads are the pits.
I do like Ohio, I used to go there all the time and hang out at Kings Island a little, and Cedar Point a lot.
I would not mind having a summer house close to Cedar Point and on the lake if I had the money.
In the meantime this is the first time in a lot of years that I have no plans to travel anywhere for a vacation.
Something back in October kicked my ass, and I tested negative for the flu at the time, and I do not want to chance feeling like that again.
I just hope I can take the boat to the lake a few times this year.
My girlfriend is sad we are not taking any trips, but she agrees with all the games and fun stuff here, we are fine not getting out for a long time.

Do some day trips places, maybe even over night, in driving distance. I’m starting to do stuff like that it’s a nice change up.

#15816 3 years ago

Thanks for visiting a phase 1 county, running a small shop, we have taken a beating with no end in sight. It doesn’t look like we are getting out of phase 1 anytime soon. You are correct in that it is primarily farm Workers over here contracting the virus. But, they are more physically adept And fit so I believe we have low mortality rates.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I live in Washington, it's a sad trend based on income and equity. King County, where Seattle and the bulk of the population is, continues to have very low numbers. But the three counties where the apple and cherry orchards are on the east side of the state are all having a big growth in cases - and it's primarily Hispanic seasonal farmworkers. They live in bunkhouses where a large number of people are sleeping and breathing the same air, then are packed into buses and driven to the fields. And they aren't issued PPE and these are conservative areas, I drove through Yakima Saturday and nobody was wearing a mask, totally the opposite of Seattle. It's alot like how the virus has hit the meat packing plants where most of the workers are poor and black. I can't see those numbers going down until it runs it's way through all the seasonal farm workers, those farms are desperate for workers right now and aren't taking the proper precautions.

#15817 3 years ago

Who dey should have a clown as a avatar as everything he says is laughable

#15818 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other fake news, the noose found in Bubba Wallace's Nascar garage had been there for over a year before he even used it, so instead of a hate crime, it was some mechanic showing off skills he learned in Boy Scouts.

Man, hurts to miss that one so bad. Geesh.

#15819 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I do like Ohio, I used to go there all the time and hang out at Kings Island a little

I'm 25 minutes from there, used to spend a lot of time there myself until my back got wrecked a few years ago in an accident. That ended my Kings Island fun pretty much.

#15820 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was actually a pull down rope for the garage door. What a bunch of f'ing morons! This level of stupidity just reminds me of why I don't watch Nascar anymore and never will again.

#15821 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, hurts to miss that one so bad. Geesh.

In today's world, people can and will find something offensive and make a big fuss about it in just about anything they see. Even before they check the facts.

#15822 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haha, It’s great living when you’re in your 20’s, not so much when you’re in the trades and trying to support a family. Tradesman up here make about 3x’s what they do down there.

#15823 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jessie Smollet 2.0

#15824 3 years ago

I spoke to my buddy that is an internist at one of the big hospitals here this AM. The 3 main systems have ICUs that are now full or will be full within the next 2-3 days. I asked him if he had heard anything about moving to set up the pop up hospital they had plans for at the Dallas Convention Center. His response: “I think pop up funeral homes is the way Texas Government is leaning right now.”

#15825 3 years ago

" Disney World workers petition to delay reopening as Florida coronavirus cases surge"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/media/disney-world-petition-trnd/index.html

" Bob Chapek, Disney's CEO, explained to CNN Business last month why he believes it's safe to return to the park.

"I think what we can say is that we've done everything we can to open up responsibly," Chapek said. "Taking the guidance of local health officials, state health officials, national health officials, plus our own well qualified doctors on staff to create an environment to create new operating procedures, to create new policies, to do new training, new standards of hygiene."

If I worked for Disney, I would not care what the boss believes. I would not care what he thinks. And I know how company doctors operate.

I feel for those employees who will be saddled with wearing a mask all day long in the Florida heat and humidity.

#15826 3 years ago

Texas governor realizes he has been pissing in the wind and is getting schooled in the ways of the virus.

" Texas hits 5,000 new coronavirus cases for first time, governor urges people to stay home"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/texas-hits-5000-new-coronavirus-cases-for-first-time-governor-urges-people-to-stay-home-2020-06-23?mod=home-page

" Rapidly worsening coronavirus numbers in Texas reached bleak new milestones Tuesday as the state surpassed 5,000 new cases in a single day for the first time and hospitalizations again hit record numbers, leading the largest pediatric hospital in the U.S. to begin treating adult patients in Houston."

#15827 3 years ago

"New York, New Jersey and Connecticut issued a travel advisory Wednesday that requires people arriving from states with high coronavirus rates to quarantine for 14 days."

" Cuomo said each of the three states will be responsible for its own enforcement. As of Wednesday, the advisory applies to Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah and Texas.

Fines for not quarantining are $2,000 for the first violation, $5,000 for the second violation, and $10,000 if you cause harm, Cuomo said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/new-york-coronavirus-travel-restriction/index.html

#15830 3 years ago

It’s official. One time “bright spot” of the pandemic Florida is an absolute shit show. I guess that’s what happens when you completely disregard science and public health.

Are they really gonna do a giant convention down there?! Seems like a bad idea.

#15831 3 years ago

Florida gonna Florida. We need to start sawing that sucker off.

#15832 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Florida gonna Florida. We need to start sawing that sucker off.

A couple feet of sea level rise and nature will take care of that for us.

#15833 3 years ago

Nah, I love Florida. It makes it appear on a map as if the US is peeing on Cuba.

#15834 3 years ago

Proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free!

To spread some fucking virus around so I can eat lunch at Applebee’s!

412C6759-F5D5-40C3-895F-55521AF85CC3 (resized).jpeg412C6759-F5D5-40C3-895F-55521AF85CC3 (resized).jpeg
#15835 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To spread some fucking virus around so I can eat lunch at Applebee’s! [quoted image]

As Ron White had said on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour "you can't fix stupid". Sadly this describes about 35 to 40% of the population here in the US when it comes to the Coronavirus. Either people realize just how serious this is or they want to have "their freedom" and keep doing stupid. Thankfully for those of us that can't fix stupid at least most of us can stay home until the "crazies" are done spreading it around.

I just feel so sorry for the people who can't stay home because of their jobs. Especially the people in the medical fields that have to be exposed to it everyday just because some people are not taking things seriously.

#15836 3 years ago

Not fair, we only JUST started to decrease testing, give us some time.

#15838 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To spread some fucking virus around so I can eat lunch at Applebee’s! [quoted image]

Lol. My goodness, we have to be a joke to the rest of the world with our overall response to this virus. I know some states have done better then others at controlling it but the lack of a nation wide lockdown and letting every state do whatever they want has bit this country in the ass.

#15839 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To spread some fucking virus around so I can eat lunch at Applebee’s!

Not always the safest place to eat anyway. https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/crime/st-louis-county-applebees-shooting-man-charged/63-612a7d5c-77d0-4e7a-abfb-c00a5ec53afc

#15840 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200624-152258~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200624-152258~2 (resized).png
#15841 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not to beat a dead horse but this is what NOT having a definitive country wide strategy looks like...a chaotic mess. Again, why hasn't their been a COVID Task Force briefing in over a month? The new norm is 1000 people a day dead - every day. Sorry about the "doom and gloom" but how do you spin this positively?

#15842 3 years ago

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to reduce testing.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/24/trump-administration-drive-through-coronavirus-testing-338217

7fE4aHQ (resized).jpg7fE4aHQ (resized).jpg

#15844 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nah, I love Florida. It makes it appear on a map as if the US is peeing on Cuba.

I'd like to visit Cuba. I was told for years Cuba cannot be visited because it is a Communist country. However, I can fly and visit China with no hassles. And China is way more Communist than Cuba ever thought about being.

I would, for once in my life, I would like try a Cuban cigar. But to do that I would have to go to Canada because Canada just happens to be trading partners with Cuba.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#15845 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd like to visit Cuba.

Me too, and I wish we would normalize relations with Cuba. A quick flight out of Miami for some exotic food and culture would be cheap airfare its so close. I don't care for tobacco so I wont crowd you on your cigar desires.
(My Florida comment was just a cheap dick joke)

#15846 3 years ago

These new projections for Harris county TX are...

https://policylab.chop.edu/covid-lab-mapping-covid-19-your-community

017241D9-BA9F-4257-B8E7-D9F98804E8A3.jpeg017241D9-BA9F-4257-B8E7-D9F98804E8A3.jpeg
#15849 3 years ago

O-din, Disney must have been listening to you.

" Disney is postponing the reopening of Disneyland"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/media/disneyland-reopening-postponed/index.html

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/317?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.