272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 576.
#15100 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Much more than Corona, I am really struggling with the division in the US. And that was BEFORE the last few days.
I really thought a virus would be one thing that could not be politicized... and that it might help us all get on the same page. And then that it might help see who we've got in charge.
But the same side of the population is refusing science, data, facts and logic. I know that's exactly what I should be expecting by now but it's hard to come to terms with it. It hurts all of us.
While I have met many good people here this has worked only as long as politics stayed out of the equation. And now that this government has made everything political it has made certain interactions unbearable and others impossible. Some people say it's just two sides of the same coin. I don't think that is true any more, unless you consider "sane" and "insane" being 2 opposing sides.
I do feel grief that this is where we are. It just seems like such a waste of all that's good here.

It's all about the Media; they control everything...Once you realize that, you realize that there the majority of people in our country are very good people, with good intentions...You need to get out and talk to real people more; less chat boards and less cable news.

#15101 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Italy’s top doctor claiming Covid weakening and showing signs of disappearing like sars in 02/03.
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2370OQ

It seems that some experts disagree --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/experts-dispute-reports-coronavirus-is-becoming-less-lethal/2020/06/01/8f8ace7c-a432-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

(That story should be free for everyone)

#15102 3 years ago

I had to go out today. Around here it looks like Covid-19 has become a footnote in history. About 20% are wearing masks.

#15104 3 years ago

Just an update on this, I already have a new job! They’re letting me start in 6 weeks, so I can finish out my contract through June and take a few weeks off before I start. No pay cut, and I think I’ll have more opportunities to advance. In a weird way, the virus helped me. They had an open position, and said they might lose it if they didn’t fill it quickly. I was hired the same day as my interview, which was awesome. I slept great last night.

Quoted from swampfire:

I just found out that my contract with Comcast won’t be renewed after it ends in June. I’ve been there for 3 years, working for a little IOT startup that was mostly spared the first round of layoffs. My boss is not happy. I’m more depressed about never getting together with my team again, than I am about the loss of the job. And I’m really going to miss Philadelphia, my second home since 2017.
It’s relevant here, because this lay-off was 100% due to the virus. Ah well, I guess trees gotta lose a few limbs in a storm.

#15106 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had to go out today. Around here it looks like Covid-19 has become a footnote in history. About 20% are wearing masks.

Let me offer my non-medical professional opinion on this too, I think here in my area it's much lower now, at my local lowes today, i think me and one other person had masks. Maybe down to 1%.
Good news everybody!

#15107 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just an update on this, I already have a new job! They’re letting me start in 6 weeks, so I can finish out my contract through June and take a few weeks off before I start. No pay cut, and I think I’ll have more opportunities to advance. In a weird way, the virus helped me. They had an open position, and said they might lose it if they didn’t fill it quickly. I was hired the same day as my interview, which was awesome. I slept great last night.

Nice work swamp!

#15108 3 years ago

Pandemic? What pandemic?

The real question is what goes back in the CJ, the 304 or the 360? Or what happened to all the 401s?

All I know is I'd rather be spending my quarantine time and money resurrecting this junk than some ninja turtles bullshit.

Cheers!

DSCN6973 (resized).JPGDSCN6973 (resized).JPGDSCN6969 (resized).JPGDSCN6969 (resized).JPG

#15109 3 years ago

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-county-reports-200-new-covid-19-cases-for-7th-straight-day-4-more-deaths/2382065/?amp

The 239 new cases announced Wednesday brings the county's total number of cases to 10,958. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, an estimated 6,687 people in the county have recovered from the virus.

#15110 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-county-reports-200-new-covid-19-cases-for-7th-straight-day-4-more-deaths/2382065/?amp
The 239 new cases announced Wednesday brings the county's total number of cases to 10,958. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, an estimated 6,687 people in the county have recovered from the virus.

And Abbott plowed right ahead with Phase 3 reopening today, despite Texas just piling on new cases and hitting the dark red on the “states seeing most new cases” map. 75% capacity bars and restaurants, here we come. 50% capacity pro sports arenas! Come to Arlington and see the Cowboys fart and fall down in the Death Star. Come for the 8-8 football. Stay for the pneumonia!

This state is stupid.

#15111 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:I am in no hurry to be around a crowd.
I would like to go fishing, but I have heard the lakes have been packed.
Start swinging that pole around, if others get too close. Fish on!

The problem is I want to try trolling, and if the lake is crowded at all the idiots on jet skis will run all over the lines.

#15112 3 years ago

I've been on a serious high the last couple months with all this free time, free for me anyway, and much less traffic and noise, and nobody crowding me or bumping into me when I do go out. Yeah, it's been a riot!

But, I got two pieces of news yesterday I could have done without. They have the first civid-19 case at the senior care where mom is staying at.

And that this place is no longer in business.
DSCN6975 (resized).JPGDSCN6975 (resized).JPG

#15113 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been on a serious high the last couple months with all this free time, free for me anyway, and much less traffic and noise, and nobody crowding me or bumping into me when I do go out. Yeah, it's been a riot!
But, I got two pieces of news yesterday I could have done without. They have the first civid-19 case at the senior care where mom is staying at.
[quoted image]

More time off means more stepping on kid's legos for me.

Screenshot_20200523-121607~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200523-121607~2 (resized).png
#15114 3 years ago

Covid-19 once you get thru all the auto imcorrects.

What us worry?

#15115 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

if the lake is crowded at all the idiots on jet skis will run all over the lines.

Fish Tales shows you how to deal with those pesky jet skiers

IMG_20200604_194505 (resized).jpgIMG_20200604_194505 (resized).jpg
#15116 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Congrats Swampy . It must be a great feeling getting a job so quickly , especially at a time like this .

#15117 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Only 4? When this shit got serious I panicked and bought 24 cases. 75 days later they're all gone and I just picked up 6 more flats

Lol . To be fair , that was the first day of talk of a lockdown and I buy 30 can blocks of beer . I kept going back day after day and buying more beer vodka and cask wine - WTF I don't even drink wine ! I was afraid we were going to go into stage 4 Lockdown like New Zealand but luckily the government knew that they couldn't keep everyone at home with no grog , so they made the bottle shops / liquor stores an essential service
I shouldn't drink so much

#15118 3 years ago

Bet you don’t get scammed like we do in Ontario and pay Over 40 bucks for a 24

#15119 3 years ago

Here’s the good news from two Massachusetts hospitals:
•Boston Hope has discharged all Covid positive patients and is back to it’s normal schedule
•Mass General has 31 patients currently in the ICU, down from over 300 last month.

#15121 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The real question is what goes back in the CJ, the 304 or the 360? Or what happened to all the 401s?

You bought a new to you Jeep. Now you have ripped it apart? Is the 401 more of a gas guzzler? If you use the vehicle will be used regularly? The 360 will be fine (possibly).

#15122 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I usually drive once a month to Alberta and stock up on cheap liquor. Of course brand of beer affects price. Bud, molson, Coors is all $40+ for a 24. I buy brewhouse for around $26/24 or sometimes PC brand is as cheap as $9.99 a case of 12. And it tastes good. Pilsner is always $29.99/24 or cheaper

#15123 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"...…….The real question is what goes back in the CJ, the 304 or the 360?"

This!

Fheadl (resized).jpgFheadl (resized).jpg
#15124 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

We get ripped off same as you , over $40 bucks is the usual price for 24 beers . It's all tax .

Have you had any more incounters with your hot neighbour .

#15125 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'd definitely start home-brewing at those prices. Ooh!

#15126 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You bought a new to you Jeep. Now you have ripped it apart? Is the 401 more of a gas guzzler? If you use the vehicle will be used regularly? The 360 will be fine (possibly).

It's a conundrum, and I will have to make up my mind.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but that looks more like an antique Willy's Jeep motor. Perhaps an F head? I used to have one of those.

#15127 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd definitely start home-brewing at those prices. Ooh!

Yeah I’m going that route I think

#15128 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:I usually drive once a month to Alberta and stock up on cheap liquor. Of course brand of beer affects price. Bud, molson, Coors is all $40+ for a 24. I buy brewhouse for around $26/24 or sometimes PC brand is as cheap as $9.99 a case of 12. And it tastes good. Pilsner is always $29.99/24 or cheaper

Time we home brewed Dirk. Let’s do it! Surely enough info from fellow pinside

#15129 3 years ago

My daughter goes to school in Ottawa. Just a hop away from Gatineau costco. 48 heinekin $55. Locally in Ontario it would be $96.

#15130 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We get ripped off same as you , over $40 bucks is the usual price for 24 beers . It's all tax .
Have you had any more incounters with your hot neighbour .

Haha!!! How fn embarrassing !
I was flexing my buns of armour and working so hard before I screamed! ...I was playing nice music and everything.

#15131 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps an F head? I used to have one of those.

Yes sir!
Just a joke. I dropped one of those on my foot when I was a kid. Took twenty stitches to put my big toe back on. It was a heavy mother.

#15132 3 years ago

And ... we're done.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15134 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Summit & Jegs put them out of business (Mostly Summit) & because they were West coast based. No one here on East coast ever ordered from them due to long shipping times & higher shipping prices. I did love looking through their massively thick catalogs though. Last ones I had were orange & about 3" thick.

401's are like Hen's teeth around here. Crankshafts always cracked & when you do find a good one guys want $750 for a factory crank. Someone like Molnar needs to step up & produce a budget aftermarket 401 crank. If I'm paying $700+ for a crank it better be new these days.

#15135 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That's less than thirty bucks US though today.

#15136 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200526-134321~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200526-134321~2 (resized).png
#15137 3 years ago

The chart missed one. Recently I seen a store clerk wearing the mask on his forehead.

As far as beer, 30 pack of Natty is 17.99 here, was 16.99 until the virus hit.

#15138 3 years ago

And we have a winner

The "wadded up in their pocket" is leading the race.

Amazing.

We are averaging 1000 deaths per day and have exceeded 110,000 deaths. And it is yesterday's news.

#15139 3 years ago

With COVID cases exploding again in Illinois and nationwide (and things likely to get significantly worse following all the recent protests/riots), how long do we think it will be before Stern’s just reopened factory has to close again? Have to think they have a lot of backlogged orders and now with Mutant Turtles, wondering if the JP I ordered 6 weeks ago gets made anytime soon.

#15140 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's less than thirty bucks US though today.

Good point. Though, his liver transplant will be free. Best I do around here is 24 16 oz of Sweetwater for ~$30 @ Costco. Sweetwater is a hell of a lot better than Heineken.

#15141 3 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Summit & Jegs put them out of business (Mostly Summit) & because they were West coast based. No one here on East coast ever ordered from them due to long shipping times & higher shipping prices. I did love looking through their massively thick catalogs though. Last ones I had were orange & about 3" thick.
401's are like Hen's teeth around here. Crankshafts always cracked & when you do find a good one guys want $750 for a factory crank. Someone like Molnar needs to step up & produce a budget aftermarket 401 crank. If I'm paying $700+ for a crank it better be new these days.

PAW was great. Call them on the phone, order your parts, and 10 minutes later you were done. A few days later a box arrived with all your parts. Quality name brands and I used to upgrade my Jeep V-8s with an Edelbrock Performer cam and roller chain. I spent hours the other day on the internet and there is no similar place now. Jegs and Summit don't stock shit and it has to come at different times from all different places. It's like pinball parts now. But Quadratec is a great outfit for Jeep specific parts at a fair price.

401s were pretty common as an option in mid to late 70s Wagoneers, Cherokees, and trucks, and our Pick Your Parts were (and I mean were) full of them in the late 90s and early 2000s. $150. I used to love making the rounds and scoring one on any random day. From Wilmington to Fontana. I had a Cj-7, a Wagoneer, and a J-4000 all running 401s that I got there and freshened up. Only issue I ever saw on any of them was aftermarket pistons swelling up after a rebuild. I got rid of all of them and all my Jeep junk about 15 years ago.

I tore the 360 down today that I bought from a guy in the next town who was Chevyizing his 88 Wagoneer and will probably just go with that. It's like an old familiar friend and still in decent shape.

#15143 3 years ago

Some good news out of NYC - zero COVID deaths yesterday. First time since March.

The public health decisions we made and enforced worked. If they had happened here - and everywhere - a couple weeks earlier I wonder if this would all be over by now.

#15144 3 years ago

One of my favorite local arcades is opening back up...but I'm a bit ambivalent about it with the uptick in cases and deaths in the area. I copy/pasted their opening guidelines for reference because I think they have some solid ideas about safety.
Screenshot_20200604-190534 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200604-190534 (resized).png

#15146 3 years ago

Would he great news if true but I have my doubts. Cases where I live in Utah are increasing rapidly as are hospitalizations.

We'll see if the death rate lowers but his comments about the infection rate going down doesn't seem to match with what is occuring in many areas of the country where state economies opened early and residents have stopped taking necessary precautions.

#15147 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The virus is weakening.

Definitely in a America at least since the news has had other stories to report. Apparently Brazil even thinks it's safe to open back up with theirs and Mexico's cases blowing up over the last few weeks.

Iran, not so much.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/iran-faces-crisis-amid-record-number-of-daily-coronavirus-infections

This virus has already mutated at least once, possibly twice or even more. And could end up with weaker and even stronger strains. The second wave in 1918 was a mutated strain of the original that was far more deadly than the first. And came in August. Striking down many normally healthy young adults in the prime of their lives. That's when most people finally took it seriously.

#15148 3 years ago

Dallas County’s record high for new cases lasted two days. New one set today! We are in the 280s per day now. With a little luck we will crack 300 by Monday! Oh boy! Who wants Corona? You’re getting Coronavirus! And youuurrrr getting Coronavirus!!!

C90A0B61-37C1-4FC3-B7AB-A5E710415868 (resized).jpegC90A0B61-37C1-4FC3-B7AB-A5E710415868 (resized).jpeg
#15149 3 years ago

I hear everyone and I don’t claim to know shit .But please don’t let you guard down .Im not one to look for answers on the cell phone for anything ,my wife has a Important position at a prominent south side hospital in Chicago and every weekly meetings main topic is the fall and children as the mass spreaders.We have 2 boys n hate seeing theyre childhood interrupted but we all had it in March (Not fact)as my wife was told to work from home she found out days later a few had it in her department .I was on vacation we were to go to Orlando when all was shutting down when I got sick .Im 50 n have MS and lowered immune system from meds.I was sick like never before they gave me a Zpac n other cough suppressants and I weathered the storm.Recently I took antibody test n was positive .Wife was negative n kids split who knows the accuracy but it was in the house .Im not trying to tell people what to do all I’m saying is it doesn’t hurt to take precautions.Be safe,Be well n God bless all!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/303?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.