272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 576.
#1451 4 years ago

I think Americans all agree that the highest priority right now is saving the cruise lines.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Americans all agree that the highest priority right now is saving the cruise lines.

I’ve never been nor have ever wanted to go on a cruise.

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

“us folks”,

Yeah don't call us Americans.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve never been nor have ever wanted to go on cruise.

It was hard enough watching The Love Boat.

#1455 4 years ago

Remember that time way back when before all this Coronavirus nonsense where we all agreed on everything, didn't argue about anything, and it was hugs and fist bumps every other minute? Yea, me neither.

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't forget the airlines!

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Remember that time way back when before all this Coronavirus nonsense where we all agreed on everything, did argue about anything, and it was hugs and fistbumps every minute? Yea, me neither.

I remember all the tariffs put on China. Must have offended a lot of Americans.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve never been nor have ever wanted to go on cruise.

source (1).gifsource (1).gif
#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was hard enough watching The Love Boat.

That’s what she said

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't forget the airlines!

I can’t, I’ve already lost $6k betting on Delta.

#1461 4 years ago

Hey has anyone heard from Travish? He thought he may have the virus but everyone piled on him and he didn't come back and say he's okay.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

7a2e152ceb92e6a83a9928939a7eac0dcb8f43cc (resized).jpg7a2e152ceb92e6a83a9928939a7eac0dcb8f43cc (resized).jpg
#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hey has anyone heard from Travish? He thought he may have the virus but everyone piled on him and he didn't come back and say he's okay.

I felt bad for him, but a lot of it was self inflicted, someone should shoot him a PM.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Hahaha!

#1465 4 years ago

You had me at...

Quoted from Jaybird815:

a lot of it was self inflicted, someone should shoot him

#1466 4 years ago

The biggest danger for me right now is that my head is going to explode watching these press conferences.

A9CC61C6-9354-4ED3-9961-43714044820F (resized).jpegA9CC61C6-9354-4ED3-9961-43714044820F (resized).jpeg
#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The biggest danger for me right now is that my head is going to explode watching these press conferences.[quoted image]

I quit watching cause I don't want to throw a brick at my new T.V.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The biggest danger for me right now is that my head is going to explode watching these press conferences.[quoted image]

I try and take a break from it, insane Jaybird=prison.

#1469 4 years ago

Toilets: flush 10, maybe 15 times
Surgical masks: DON’T THROW THAT AWAY, we have amazing liquids

#1470 4 years ago

First mistake: shortcut Taken to true destination put me in my wife’s path.
Second mistake: agreeing to let her cut my hair

A681910A-EE30-4E3D-9D97-440DD538D8ED (resized).jpegA681910A-EE30-4E3D-9D97-440DD538D8ED (resized).jpeg
#1471 4 years ago

Guys it's cool. Some of the cruise ships are going to be sent to NYC to help house the sick, and some of the companies they've been talking to used to build ventilators, so we'll just have them switch back. Just regular, everyday stuff, chill out.

#1472 4 years ago

The absence of Faucci on this press conference is both unexcusable and disturbing.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Second mistake: agreeing to let her cut my hair[quoted image]

Third mistake: not facing the mirror

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

It’s Captain Gryszzz Stubing!

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The absence of Faucci on this press conference is both unexcusable and disturbing.

It’s Sunday. I guess he needed a break.

Or he’s been fired and replaced by Meat Loaf.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Third mistake: not facing the mirror

Time for a crew cut. You can do those yourself

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

In her defense, theres not much to work with.

#1478 4 years ago

I helped Paul lug up our Comet to the living room to take our minds off of the craziness. I only suggested it as a joke, but he calls me to the basement earlier and had it wrapped ready to bring up.
Most people want to get their pins out of their living rooms. Guess we're a little different.
-Chrissi

IMG_20200322_150842881 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_150842881 (resized).jpg
#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

He’s stated before that he’s working on solutions and doesn’t need to be at every press conference. He will be back.

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How do you mess up a buzz cut with clippers?

STOP!

Before you go fixing anything... Have you considered a Coronavirus Mohawk? These are uncharted times, and if everyone went to a mohawk (men+women), it could be used as a show of solidarity.

#1481 4 years ago

Haha, so I've been wondering this. I was badly in need of a haircut before this mess. I'm not sure i trust the wife to do mine :/ Might be time to go Grizzly Adams...

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s Sunday. I guess he needed a break.
Or he’s been fired and replaced by Meat Loaf.

That was funny.

#1483 4 years ago

Not getting political, but I have noticed recently a lot of working together and less bickering back and forth within the powers that be.

Pinside hasn't reached that plateau yet.

#1484 4 years ago

There's some articles around that were saying Faucci didn't want to embarrass the president. (Or probably get fired), however since then it seems there is some pretty strong division regarding the information and misinformation being put out by the administration.

#1485 4 years ago

All I know is when our governor and the president can come together and have a civil conversation and agree on things and even compliment each other, it blows my mind just a bit.

#1487 4 years ago

On the bright side it’s officially spring in Northern Illinois

C6222434-B6AB-4118-B534-7092F5344CCA (resized).jpegC6222434-B6AB-4118-B534-7092F5344CCA (resized).jpeg
#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I know is when our governor and the president can come together and have a civil conversation and agree on things and even compliment each other, it blows my mind just a bit.

LSD Flashbacks.

#1489 4 years ago

Can we stop patting ourselves on the backs for "closing the boarders to China". That obviously did not work.

And it's just another LIE

February 24, meanwhile, was China’s deadliest day from COVID-19; if Beijing’s possibly suspect statistics are to be believed, 149 people died from the coronavirus on that day. That afternoon, an Air China 777 arrived at JFK after a 13-hour flight from Beijing. The following day, Los Angeles International Airport welcomed flights from both Beijing and Shanghai.

That the Trump administration “banned flights,” “closed the borders,” or “stopped flights” from first China and later the European Union to halt the spread of COVID-19 has become a staple of its defense of its response to the pandemic. But it simply isn’t true. At no time through the course of this awful period have flights even once been halted between either China and the U.S. or Europe — including even Italy — and the United States.

The Trump administration did impose travel restrictions between China and the U.S., and later Europe and the U.S., but both actions have loopholes large enough to fly a 777 through. In the case of China, on Jan. 31 — weeks after it was known that the coronavirus was a serious problem — the administration restricted travel for “foreign nationals who had been in China in the last 14 days.”

That means that Americans — just as capable as carrying and transmitting a contagious viral infection as foreigners — had free passage between China and the U.S. And so daily flights between China and the U.S. continued.
(And yes, even these limited restrictions were slammed as being too punitive at the time.)

The Trump administration’s alleged Europe travel ban, announced to much fanfare earlier this month, is similarly weak. It too exempts Americans from any restrictions whatsoever, and the screening that returning Americans have been subjected to at airports has been laughably weak. Passengers have been given a form to fill out (which many travelers have reported aren’t even being collected), waved through immigration, and then simply urged to self-quarantine. It’s like the honor system, but for containing a deadly pandemic.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not getting political, but I have noticed recently a lot of working together and less bickering back and forth within the powers that be.
Pinside hasn't reached that plateau yet.

You must not be watching the same press conference that I am.

#1491 4 years ago

Laser Floyd...did that tour in the US as well ?

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You must not be watching the same press conference that I am.

I haven't watched in a few days. I was referring to when Ca announced it's lockdown.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I brought a black friend to who-dey's home. Sounds like a real racist to allow that.

Yeah and dont tell him how I ran him off and called him all kinds of bad names and stuff........oh yeah and how we are really good friends now also. I'm so racist.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s unfortunate, and childish

I call it “crying covid-19”, very low IQ virus

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I quit watching cause I don't want to throw a brick at my new T.V.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

He’s stated before that he’s working on solutions and doesn’t need to be at every press conference. He will be back.

Yes, hopefully he’s doing more fruitful things than doing every press conference.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't watched in a few days. I was referring to when Ca announced it's lockdown.

Honestly it’s just disappointing. Early last week I was willing to give the big guy a break, and he seemed to be turning a corner. Now he’s back to campaigning and blaming. I’m not gonna try to kick that football again, he pulls it away every time.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah and dont tell him how I ran him of and called him all kinds of bad names and stuff........oh yeah and how we are really good friends now also. I'm so racist.

I'm one of the "village people"

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The virus is killing off all their customers....why bail them out?

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The virus is killing off all their customers....why bail them out?

The airlines I understand. We actually NEED them.

The cruise lines?! Who gives a fuck. They don’t even fly American flags because they don’t want to pay taxes.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.