272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

286 posts in this topic match your search for posts by luckydogg420. You are on page 2 of 2.
#20127 3 years ago

I think people need to harden the fuck up.

My grandparents would have lived through the depression, followed by a world war. That was like 15 years of hardships and people pulled through eventually. This has been 6 months of tough times and people are getting frustrated, grow up, toughen up, the world is an unforgiving place. Be strong, suck it up and wear a mask.

People talk about loosing their freedom because they have to wear a mask out in public. Imagine being drafted to go to war, that’s a loss of personal choice and freedom. This is cloth over your mouth and nose. You’ll survive.

Edit. Just realized it’s November 11th today, 3 hours after posting. This is Remembrance Day here in Canada. Never forget the struggles of the past when you’re enjoying the luxury of today.

#20229 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Mapping out perception hey...

Some interesting observations about learning... and negativity.
*at least the last 2 minutes if time is short.

Jordan Peterson is a great speaker, thanks for that vid. I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Once the state sends enforcement to start pulling liquor licenses permanently, the word will get around, at which point I would expect compliance to rise dramatically. Resisting the measures to get a handle on this is as dumb and selfish as it gets. The penalties will get more real-world for those that think their beliefs are stronger than science.

Think about all the people who think wearing a mask takes away their freedom. Just imagine how mad and irate they will be if real enforcement is applied to them. Especially if it’s by a new government they don’t support. Plus more guns then people.

I’m scared right now, and it’s not just from a virus.

#20333 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This is a pretty well done video that discusses the mRNA vaccines currently being talked about and the pluses and minuses of these vaccines.
Warning, there is science and objective opinion at the end of this link. Click at your own risk!!!
https://www.emrap.org/hd/playlist/latest/chapter/themrnavaccine/themrnavaccine

That’s a good quick video. Personally I think the Pfizer vaccine will be difficult to transport. Plus without knowing if these vaccines have long term effects, and wether it just reduces symptoms or if it reduces serious cases, or if it prevents death. It’s too early to know all these answers.

I liked this video. It’s 2hours long so strap in. Joe rogan talks with Nikolas christakis, He is the Sterling Professor of Social and Natural Science at Yale University, where he directs the Human Nature Lab. He is also the Co-Director of the Yale Institute for Network Science

1 week later
#20440 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Perkins now selling toilet paper.

Our local grocery store still has a limit of 1 each on toilet paper and paper towels.

#20441 3 years ago

We have out fair share of idiots here. My friend just texted me that this bbq restaurant owner was arrested today after 4 days of opening to customers against orders.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-change-locks-at-toronto-bbq-restaurant-after-charges-laid-for-defying-lockdown-1.5205328

4B422C0A-668C-4855-AA1C-72B0F97E7D34 (resized).png4B422C0A-668C-4855-AA1C-72B0F97E7D34 (resized).png
#20462 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Do you have a source for this? Which government owns a percentage of my business?

As far as I know, this is just a conspiracy. My buddy said this to me like 2 weeks ago. The government will try to introduce universal basic income, but in return they will take your property. So you won’t be able to ever own property again.

I asked my friend, who’s parents live mortgage free and are well off. Do you think your parents would give away their house, that’s paid for, for a little bit more money then their Canadian Pension Plan?

I never found any proof, he never sent proof, there is no proof (afaik) its all just conspiracy

#20584 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The last numbers I saw showed about 300,000 more people died from January - October 2020 compared to the same time period over the last 5 years.

I have one friend that sends me opinion news articles that say it’s not so bad, then I send him back scientific published papers with actual data. He seems to think the opinion pieces are just as valuable information.

#20586 3 years ago

I think that it’s great news that Bush, Clinton, and Obama all have volunteered to take the vaccine to prove it’s safe. Anything that unites people and brings confidence.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/obama-vaccine/index.html

#20623 3 years ago

I think I read it somewhere in this thread, I dunno where I got this, but it’s stayed with me.

Freedom without responsibility is just adolescence, and it’s time to grow up.

2 weeks later
#20944 3 years ago

I like your meme, but this does speak to a bigger problem of people not understanding the death numbers. Dying WITH covid and dying FROM covid are 2 very different things, but both equal a covid attributed death.

#20983 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

My source is Isaac Butterfield

Isn’t he just an Australian comedian? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

#21007 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

What is the old saying "there is at least two sides to every story"
But my side is a conspiracy

You’re trying to look at the third side of the story, that’s where the conspiracies are. It’s true there are two sides to every story, but not everything is convoluted and mysterious. You’re lookin for some very interesting sides.

Is covid a plan to kill most of the worlds population, like the Georgia guide stones?
Is covid a plan to start “The Big Reset” to take personal property from everyone in the world?
Is covid a plan to keep the trumpets from exposing child sex slave rings around the world?
Is covid a plan to crush the entire worlds economy by the Chinese?
Is covid a deep state cover up of murder hornets?

Is covid all these things, none of them, or could it have just been an accident that most people are trying to stop. Could it just be a new virus that is throwing our conventional lives curve ball? Pay attention to the ball and you might hit it outta the park, don’t pay attention and you’re going to strike out.

Not everything is a conspiracy, no matter how hard you look.

#21046 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I suggest reading "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins

My favourite quote is from him

9CD06472-27DB-47ED-AA35-18DEADF9BB1C (resized).jpeg9CD06472-27DB-47ED-AA35-18DEADF9BB1C (resized).jpeg

#21091 3 years ago

Canadians are getting pissed off at the growing list of politicians that took a winter vacation abroad while the rest of the country was encouraged to stay at home.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/list-canadian-politicians-travel_ca_5fec992ac5b6ff747985d01e

1 week later
#21267 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last week they said new hospitalizations were down,

I thought California was entering triage care, meaning if the ambulance doesn’t think medical care will help you, then you’re left at home to die. That would make sense as to why the hospitalizations are down. Divide people into 3 groups those that probably will live with out care, those that will need the hospital to live, and those that the hospital probably can’t save.

Quoted from misfitdart:

yea lets all line up to get infected by something POSSIBLY worse than the disease

You need to do some research on how the vaccine is produced. There is only a part of the virus in the vaccine to stimulate your immune system. The idea is if you are defended against part of the virus, then you’ll be safe from the whole thing. They focus on a part that doesn’t easily mutate in hopes that it will work if the virus mutates. It is impossible to get the virus from the vaccine. All vaccines have a small chance of causing severe reaction in people, but that is not the virus, that is your body reacting to the vaccine.

Quoted from misfitdart:

I know 12 people that have tested positive and 10 of them didn’t even know they had it ZERO issues. The other 2 had less issues than you had with the “cure”

That’s amazing odds, consider them all very fortunate. I also have a friend who’s extended family got it, mostly minor case too. A different friend in HR has an employee that had covid in April 2020, and he’s still to messed up from it to back to work but at least he didn’t die.

These are rough numbers not actual stats.
50% won’t even know they had it.
25% will just be like a cold.
20% will need help and have lasting issues
3% will need severe hospitalization
2% will die

#21282 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Sooo the motality rate is at 2% now?? did you pick these numbers outta a hat?

~100M confirmed cases. ~2M deaths. How do you do math?E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpegE83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#21446 3 years ago

Here in Ontario were been told that we won’t receive any more doses of vaccine for another 2 weeks, so the remaining doses we have will be used to give 2nd doses to those that already have the 1st one. We’re told the delay is from updating a plant in Belgium and production will ramp up once the work is done.

Literally everyone In the world is competing for vaccine. A lot of people will need to wait.

2 weeks later
#21667 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The opposite for me. I have been packing the pounds on. I get my 2nd shot on Feb. 25. If the Y is not crazy busy, I am going to sign up and go swimming every day.

I hear ya, since I lost my job last March I’ve been teaching my daughter to cook. We’ve been baking bread, making donuts, making candy, on top of large home cooked meals. The freezer is full, the pantry is packed, and the fridge always has leftovers to snack on.

Other then running out for produce, milk and eggs. We could comfortably lockdown for a couple weeks if need be.

2 weeks later
#21857 3 years ago

My wife was able to pre-register with our local vaccine program. She works in housing support for challenged individuals, so she has a lot of face to face interactions and regularly has to go into other peoples houses. Her company is listed as front line workers, so she’ll receive her shot long before I get mine.

For the USA it will take some time. I heard that you will have enough doses by the end of may, but if everyone needs 2 doses; then that’s another ~400-500 million shots to go into peoples arms. There’s less then 80 days until the end of March, even if you worked at it for 12h/day 7 days a week, you’d need to vaccinate like 500k people per hour across the country. That’s an incredible pace, not impossible, but incredible.

#21891 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:Agree with that. I do read about positive things happening with it but maybe not enough to justify its use. Another post I came across:

Is this story about shopping around in Dr’s offices until you can find one to believe your self diagnosis? If multiple Dr’s won’t prescribe it, maybe it’s not a proven cure.

It reminds me of weed before it became legal. People would go to multiple Dr’s until they found one that would give them a prescription, just so they could get high. I know 2 guys that did this.

1 week later
#22004 3 years ago

Amazon distribution Center forced to close for 2 weeks while 5000 employees quarantine at home.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/major-amazon-warehouse-ordered-closed-in-brampton-ont-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-inside-1.5345208

#22088 3 years ago

A year ago, here in Ontario we locked down when we started to reach 400 daily new cases. Yesterday there was 1800 new cases and places are opening back up.

1 month later
#22479 2 years ago

Just heard this the other day.

The vaccine won’t work for them, it doesn’t fix stupid

#22509 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't think it was putting down because he wasn't able to make a cogent argument. I think he might have been referring to festivals in India where millions of people show up during a pandemic. They were well into this wave when millions of people gathered... millions of them... at a festival. I very much realize a "festival" in India isn't how I as an American would normally think of the word "festival"... but let me see if I can grasp this. Millions of people went to it. 10 days ago.
I think Luckydogg420 may have said it in exactly the right way.
[quoted image]

I was more referring to people like the family that lives across the street. They haven’t taken any of this seriously from the beginning. Despite being having a pre-existing medical condition putting him at high risk. Over the last year they’ve had multiple visits from family members that live on the other side of the country. They never once quarantined when they arrived in the province. Last Friday bylaw was there because someone complained that they were having a get together, the very next day they had another get together. He wanders over to chat the other day while I was out with the dogs. Comes right up to me, on my property and doesn’t keep personal space. Then he proceeds to tell me they have a vacation planned to travel to Alberta and Saskatchewan in June and he hopes the borders don’t close. I asked if it was essential travel, he said no, they just wanted a vacation.

I’ve been respecting the rules for over a year, even delayed looking for a new job to reduce my exposure to others. Only leaving the house for groceries pretty much.

He said that he’s had his 1st shot, but that vaccine doesn’t fix stupid. IMHO If you keep tempting fate it will eventually catch up with you.

#22528 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Saskatchewan finally lowered the vaccine age to 42 this morning.

Ontario has been a cluster fuck. The pharmacy up the road is giving shots to people 40+. They booked up right away, just noticed today they’ve added a number to call to get on the wait list. I’m going to call today. The province is giving it to people 45+ so I can’t sign up on their list yet. My friends live in a hot spot across town, they got their 1st shot yesterday, while booking their appointment the nurse commented that they had 25 spots to fill for the next day. Unfortunately they check postal codes and I don’t live in that part of town. Someone mentioned there’s a 3rd party app that will help people find vaccines because the province is such a mish-mash of different plans.

#22580 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Also, I know that while someone coughing, sneezing, etc. is the main way this virus spreads, did they ever figure out if door handles and stuff like that is also a sure fire way of spreading?
I have not seen much news lately, the most I seen looked like being outdoors if around people is a lot safer?

I wouldn’t worry about touching surfaces, it is unlikely that you will get covid that way. This has been mostly spread through airborne particles. I wear N95 masks for this reason.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

9B2563FE-A4CB-4EF6-BA04-8AA841CA40ED (resized).jpeg9B2563FE-A4CB-4EF6-BA04-8AA841CA40ED (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22711 2 years ago

Honest question. Most people say a sore arm is the worst side effect of the vaccine. I notice on tv the vaccine is being given into peoples left arm; I assume this is so that their dominant arm is unaffected.

I’m left handed, should I get the vaccine in my right arm, does it matter? If my arm is sore for a day, I’d prefer it to be the one I don’t use.

#22712 2 years ago

I had a tough chat with an old high school friend the other day. He lives on the other side of the country, in an area where people think that a yellow line down the middle of the road is too much government control over their lives. He just got over a mild case of covid, so naturally he think this is all overblown. He thinks masks are useless. He’s more worried about dying from the vaccine then from the virus.

.... then he get into the crazy conspiracy shit. Did you know dogs were vaccinated 20 years ago for covid-19. (He’s confusing covid with canine coronavirus.) AstraZeneca is giving lots of totally healthy people blood clots, if your healthy why would you want a vaccine that kills you. (It’s not like that at all.). This went on for a bit and it was getting tough to listen too

This is one of my oldest friends. He was there for me 25 years ago, when no one else was. But man I really wonder how Alberta life has changed him so much. Definitely not the same guy that moved out there years ago.

#22812 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

My two way street angle is in response to you saying we’ll be sharing health care costs of people’s poor choice to not vaccinate. You nor anyone else knows the absolute outcome of people refusing to vaccinate. However, we know for a fact that we’ve already been sharing health care costs from the results of people’s poor lifestyle choices and a lot of these same people have fared the worst through this. If they had made better choices there would have been far less impact from COVID. Also, I’m sure refusal to vaccinate falls across all demographic lines. It’s ok if you want to get the vaccine, you’ll be protected, but if you’re not comfortable getting it you shouldn’t be shunned or persecuted for your personal decision.

As a Canadian this post blows my mind. Where’s the compassion for other people? In Canada we share health care costs through our national system. I pay for his covid treatment, her cancer treatment and their car crash medical bills with out thinking about it. Around here were all in this together. This every man for themselves attitude bothers me.

Borders don’t divide people, culture does.

#22847 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes...even here in nyc where two months ago vaccine appointments were harder to get than Springsteen tickets you can just waltz in now and get one.
It just seems like if you want one, you can get it. For free.

I pre-registered on Sunday. The email response said in 4-6 weeks I’ll be able to book a first vaccine shot. The second shot will be months after that.

#22878 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I saw on the news this morning that Canadians can cross the border to get vaccinated without quarantine. There was a couple pop-up vac spots at the alberta/montana border yesterday.
A few weeks back a town in southern Alaska that relies on a town in Northern British Columbia for supplies, were offering shots to anyone that wanted them.

Last night at 6pm, CTV news said that the US border service wasn’t going to let Canadians across the border for a vaccine. They said it wasn’t essential travel. If you’re a truck driver or have some other way across the border, then you could get a shot in the states.

1 week later
#23001 2 years ago

The problem I see is that my medical history is nobody’s business. In Canada we even have laws for privacy around health issues.

But the whole world is butting heads on the topic of vaccination. My boss should not know wether or not I have had the shot, it’s none of their business. But this is different some how. I’m fairly sure that being required to show vaccination cards would go against our charter of rights and freedoms. Yet for travel they will be required.

Your desire for safety buts right up against my desire for privacy. Where does the line get drawn? I plan to get the shot, I’ve registered for it, but it shouldn’t need to be public knowledge.

We’re far from figuring out the correct course of action, and I assume more mistakes will be made along the way.

#23028 2 years ago

*I hope this isn’t too political*

Quoted from Jamesays:

Your medical history should never be available without permission but this is a special situation

The “special situation” is the crux of the argument. In Canada we have the charter of rights and freedoms, it includes things like, the government can’t limit our travel, in of, out of, or around the country. It also says we can get together in groups and in church. So the anti-mask/anti-vax crowd is yelling that lockdown is against our rights. (They may be right) but they usually overlook the very first part of the charter.

1) Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

Does the pandemic and state of emergency provide excuse for “reasonable limits” or could the lockdown be “demonstrable justified” the courts will have to decide.

1 month later
#23744 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm curious what the percentage of people here still wear masks when shopping and those who don't? I still do!

We still do, and Ontario is almost at 70% vaccinated.

I wonder when you will no longer be allowed to wear a mask in a bank? Not “your choice to wear it or not” but “you can not enter with a mask on” I don’t know if we’ll ever get to that point.

So many people are worried about government surveillance with facial recognition, I wonder if some people will just continue to wear a mask whenever they’re out and about.

286 posts in this topic match your search for posts by luckydogg420. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/2?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.