272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

1,008 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 2 of 5.
#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Our SC governor is an idiot.[quoted image]

What is wrong with these people?

And why don’t we have a national stay at home order yet?

And why am I asking you guys?

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Come on, folks....follow the money. Why is there not a national stay at home yet? Because areas not yet affected can still generate economic activity. It’s the same as flattening the curve of the disease. Just inverse. Gotta protect Wall Street. Otherwise, our economy collapses and never recovers.

You are right for sure.

The idea that "areas are not yet affected" is the most horrific part of their scam. ALL areas are affected, or soon will be, which is exactly why it needs to be shut down immediately, if not a month ago.

It's like that guy who asked 3 weeks ago how he could protect the people coming to his place for a 20 person pinball get together in Idaho. I told him he can't, and he should cancel it.

Hope he did. And I hope the person who suggested I was on "crazy pills" and that a "small pinball gathering is low risk" has wised up by now. I'm sure most of us have.

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I went to LAX, probably the last pinball show on the planet, I had I known then what I know now I wouldn’t have. It looks like we got away unscathed, been 3 weeks.

Yeah there was a serious feeling of "they got that one in under the wire" with that show, even while it was happening.

#6996 4 years ago

good job guys. I know you can't pay them forever but that's certainly the right spirit.

My weed dealer/bartender of course has lost his main job as a bartender along with a lot of his customers. I gave him $100 tip on the last order.

#7085 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

And the US hasn't? Our numbers aren't even close to being accurate, we have way more cases than are being reported. South Korea and Germany are like the only major countries with accurate testing.
We're going to be over a million by the end of April. Regardless of how you want to graph it or spin it, we've handled it very poorly. Like all aspects, testing, shutting things down too late, ignoring the problem, not enough supplies, etc. And the worst part is about those issues is, despite being issues for a month, they're still just as big of problems now, like we've solved nothing.
Our current plan is:
1) Social distancing
2) ?????
3) virus gone
That didn't work so good for the underpants gnomes either.

Yeah tired of hearing about our awesome, accurate, sweeping testing and rock solid honesty in all things counting Covid in the U.S. in comparison to those sneaky little devils in other countries who are totally fudging the numbers.

I know - personally - at least 5 people who probably have/had it, and never got tested. There's probably tens of thousands of people like that.

#7119 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In Malibu? Eh, probably kill a few hours in a cell two doors down from Charlie Sheen on one side and some wannabe Tiger King dude on the other. Plenty of room. Jail in Malibu is nicer than your house.
Just kidding. I have no idea what the Malibu jail is like. But in reality, it IS probably nicer than my house.

I hear the police chief is a real reactionary!

#7201 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, planning for death is part of life.
I did a bunch of Wills and Trusts last week for the procrastinators
I suggest you guys get your estate planning done. Especially you Levi

I may die! Lol! So funny!

#7220 4 years ago

Ice is finally right about something, my immediate health just may be in trouble!

I just realized I never threw out my Fry Daddy. Probably haven’t used it in over 10 years.

I think it’s gonna be a tater tot night!

#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

with a brand new invention?

Sadly, no. It’s the exact same act.

#7228 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I asked this a day or two ago: do you have anyone set up to deal with your arcade stuff in case you pass, so your partner/family doesn't have to? A bunch of us have already had the conversation about who to go to to trust to handle it.

It’s really a tough one. Sadly, I don’t really have any local pin friends who I trust to a) do a good job, and b) not rip my corpse off.

Most likely I’ll just have Nancy do it, with some help from a non-local friend. I have a site with retail prices, I told her a general guideline for quick sale is 2/3rd the price listed there. Shouldn’t be too hard to liquidate my crap.

I’ll give my sisters dibs on a game if they want but they’d all probably be happier just splitting up the cash.

#7233 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t get the logic behind wearing gloves. The virus can’t enter through your hands, and you can’t touch your face either with or without gloves. So what’s the point?

I kind of agree with this. I don’t see why gloves are any better than just washing / sanitizing our hands all the time. The most common rationale I hear is “you are less likely to touch your face with gloves on.” Ok, I guess? I don’t have a problem with it. I haven’t found giving up touching my face to be very difficult.

#7244 4 years ago

Fun fact: over 40,000 people have legally flown from China to the US since we “stopped all people coming in from China.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Well, people can get pissed. I’m not wearing a mask to go grocery shopping. Next thing you know, they’ll be taking body temp scans at the door.
I get that people are dying. It’s a shitty virus. But I think it’s starting to get blown out of proportion...

Forcing people to put a mask on before they enter a grocery store -
As well as taking temp - these are not unreasonable requirements. It wouldn’t surprise me to see this.

Would make me feel much more at ease when I have to go shopping.

#7382 4 years ago

You are just saying this is like Ryan White?

I really don't follow.

"just saying" doesn't mean you can make zero sense and still expect to get your point across.

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hope the iceman is right -

LMAO

Yes he's right. This is all a big hoax, it's no worse than the flu, and we are all overreacting. Also, the stock market is rock solid and only morons are bailing out, and the smart thing to do is buy buy buy.

That's his bit from a month ago.

Now he's back, with the exact same act, with mild alterations, still saying it's overblown, still saying buy buy buy, still saying this will all be over in a month. The only real difference is now 100-200K dead from what he was calling a hoax a month ago is a tremendous accomplishment, and he's making jokes about how I'm going to die soon.

You can hope all you want. He is not right (in many, many ways).

#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Ryan White had a disease that was not well understood, and society took an extreme view against him. Barring him from school. Complete paranoia, when the reality was, he wasn’t going to spread HIV via a sneeze of handshake.
I understand this is not HIV. It’s highly probable that COVID-19 is transmittable via many methods beyond sex. But, my point was, are we panicking when we expect people to wear masks when in public?

Your point makes no sense.

There is almost ZERO drawback to everybody wearing a face covering in public in accordance to health officials' suggestions. I can't think of a significant one, beyond "I don't wanna wear a mask."

There IS however clear drawbacks to ruining a child's life, attacking his family, and running them out of town, because people were ignoring what health officials said.

This may be the worst analogy ever. Just sayin'. You really got it completely backwards. The "masks" here ARE Ryan White. Doctors said Ryan White could go to school without endangering his classmates, and a backwards town rejected what they said and crucified a little boy and his family, just like doctors are telling you now that wearing a face covering is a good idea.

#7413 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

It’s over reactivation. I’m sorry that you can’t see the analogy.

It's not an analogy. It's just a bunch of stuff you said.

Comparing the mild inconvinence of wearing a mask to what happened to Ryan White is not a sound analogy.

#7424 4 years ago

The ONLY people talking about "end of the world" are the people who think it's the end of the world that Appelbee's is going to be closed all summer.

THEY are the ones who are overreacting, not the people who want to listen to the likes of Dr. Fauci.

Just keep with your strawman nonsense if it makes you feel better, it's not going to change anything and it's not going to end this any quicker.

If the mighty US economy is as strong as you guys think it is, we can survive a relative shutdown for a while. I personally don't think it's going to take forever to recover after we do this the right way. In a way, the likes of Ice have convinced me of that. No reason to rush through it, we'll be ok.

#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

You joke, but he did give us the rock solid financial advice of eat all the Apple you can at $300, $280 and $260.
I cant wait for 2022 to get here so he can gloat about being right.

It's at $240 now, isn't it?

I can only assume Ice is buying as much of it as he can, every day.

#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Brother Levi, the virus is gonna end when it ends, May, June, July?
The economy is gonna get back and life is going back to normal soon enough despite that
It’s not a choice. Stress, anxiety and job loss is also not a way of life.
30-60 days to get health care system propped up so they can do their jobs properly and then we have to move on with life
I have great confidence in the extraordinary people working on this issue to defeat and tamp it down. You should too

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm not. I'm not stressed about the economy. I'm not stressed about the virus. Im taking life EXTREMELY easy right now and that's exactly what everybody else should be doing.

The people tilting at windmills trying to convince us all this is a nothingburger and we should sacrifice potentially hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of "the economy" and what happened to Ryan White seem a lot more stressed to me.

#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m sure Odin can ship you a few.

And the good news is, after 5 days in the mail, they are still as edible as the day they were served!

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good for you
“Hundreds of thousands”? Seems like fear mongering not based on facts
3500 in NY, 8500 US?

What were those stats a week ago? How are these stats "trending?"

And the President himself said a few days ago without the measures we are putting in place, there could be over 2 million deaths. Is he fear mongering?

#7694 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else notice more and more restaurants now closing indefinitely versus just being open for carry out? An owner of a local restaurant chain around my area said they will "save" more money staying closed then only being open for carryout. Then I heard this morning that my favorite local breakfast / lunch joint (family owned) is closing until this all blows over as well.
It seems like a lot of businesses that initially said they could keep people on while being closed have now started layoffs. Some of these businesses could afford to keep people on for a couple weeks while being closed but not for a month or more. No wonder this past weeks unemployment claim count jumped to 6 million +. Hope things start improving soon.

Yes, of course. Plenty of restaurants that were open 2 weeks ago are no longer open. They are dropping like flies.

The owner of my favorite Chinese place said she would prefer to be open for carry out but her workers can’t get there (they don’t want to ride long train / bus trips) so its just not feasible.

On the other hand it seems like the places that are still open are doing OK. Almost all the Thai places are still open. Plenty of pizza joints. A diner. Etc.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I think a lot of people, possibly myself included, will have a bit of trouble with the idea of going back to crowded restaurants even when this is over. I havent even gotten take out since this started, cooking my own food at home only.

It took me a while to get over it. Maybe 10 days. But I finally
Decided I needed some fuckin take out.

Taking out 3-4 times a week now.

A far cry from my 3X a day regimen before!

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All of my local mom and pop Chinese places have closed, even the ones that only did take out in the first place. We normally order Chinese at least once a week, so we're pretty bummed about it. Let's just say Panda Express doesn't satisfy the craving.

Even the Panda Express here closed.

I did finally find a place that was open last night. Not the best but it’ll do for now!

#7707 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Does New York have food trucks? I know the Nathans hot dog stands used to be big, are they still operating? Seems like a good alternative to brick and mortar.

I think the food
Trucks are done. I haven’t seen one in weeks.

#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Recent stats of Finnish hospitals show a significant decrease of patients seeking immediate care, probably because many seriously ill e.g. with heart disease are avoiding hospitals because of corona. Unfortunately, most of those people really belong to high risk corona group so for them it is a tough choice. For now, our healthcare is quite well prepared with ample protection so if I were to choose, I certainly would go to the hospital. Better to be sick with professional people and devices around you.

My aunt, who lives in downtown NYC near the brooklyn bridge, felt terrible the other day, tired, trouble breathing...

She went to the hopsital. Spent 45 minutes in waiting room, as families full of people coughing keep crowding into the waiting room. She and her husband decided enough was enough and they left.

This scene is probably repeating itself everywhere, with people who need medical attention not getting it because of this, or being exposed to dozens of potential corona patients while they wait for a doctor to see them.

My aunt was worse the next day, they finally called 9/11. She's lucky - she got a hospital bed. She's being treated now for an enlarged heart and it's a total nightmare, she's freaked out and not happy to be in the hospital, even if it's one of the world's best heart care hospitals.

Long story short - this sucks ass, and it's NOT just about "corona." This is affecting every single part of our already overwhelmed health care system, and all patients and potential patients regardless of their issue.

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

But what about chik-fil-a?

It's SUNDAY bro!

Obviously closed!

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I think most of those concerts will be rescheduled for later fall (amphitheater) and indoors in the winter. None of the agencies are going to want to give back the deposits so you can count on these things happening eventually....though the Twilight and Red Butte shows will prob disappear...the artists themselves will prob make it up....

Stones can't do stadium shows in the Fall/winter.

I would guess they'll retire, or come back in 2021.

Summer festivals would all have to be canceled, and there's a shit-ton of them around the world (I was planning on Graspop in Belgium in June).

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Bad idea in my opinion. Historically speaking, unions were a big reason for the downfall of the steel industry and the automobile industry among others here in the US. The railroad I work for here in Pittsburgh is privatized and is non-union, which is a rarity in that industry. We are a very profitable and stable railroad and have many railroaders from the big Class 1 railroads trying to get employment with us. Many of our current employees came from Class 1 railroads and one of the biggest reasons they left is because of the unions. They paid their union dues and got very little representation or benefit from them. The general consensus is the union was not helping those guys and was just a money making entity that was not looking out for them. Their quality of life on a Class 1 railroad left a lot to be desired.
The original intent of a union was a great idea...but I feel those days are long gone. I know this is a polarizing subject, just as polarizing as politics, but when I used to work as a construction inspector for a construction management firm, I saw the downside of unions first hand. I’m sure some of you are in unions, support them, and have had great experiences. That’s great! I am far from an expert on unions. In my experiences, I just haven’t seen or been exposed to the positives of them.

As union density has dropped over the past few decades, so has pay, benefits, quality of life, etc. Hard not to see the correlation.

There’s a reason big business / rich people hate unions, and is not because they care about the welfare of their workers.

My 2 cents. This seems like a political discussion however so I’d guess we shouldn’t make a big thing out of this.

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I went out and bought me one these bad boys today, keeping it simple for the first use, but it’s Hibachi season from here on out![quoted image]

Larger than some nyc apartments

#7808 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Should be, judging from the big groups of 20 somethings I saw chillin at the Park together this afternoon. No masks. Steered the dog well away.

They really need to start handing out tickets.

Oh and a federal stay at home order would be nice too.

Finally broke down and bought some masks today. $70 for a box of 50 was the best I could get the guy to go for.

I just don’t want to be the only asshole without a mask, so now at
Least when we go downstairs
To the store or the supermarket we’ll be doing what they are kind of telling us to do but also not really telling us to do...

#7845 4 years ago

I keep hearing about "a light at the end of the tunnel."

I just watched that PBS Vietnam doc...leaders of France and the US said that exact phrase many times over the course of that 20-year war. Just stuck with me so a little disconcerting to see it being thrown around lately.

#7851 4 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

R.I.P. Lee Fierro
An actress best known for playing Mrs. Kintner in Jaws, has died of complications from coronavirus, according to The Martha's Vineyard Times. She was 91.
[quoted image]

She was so damn good as that bereaved townsperson!

#7894 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Here’s the key..If I’m not being treated fairly, why wouldn’t I have a professional conversation to bring up my issues. I would never threaten to walk or quit like that.
In one of my previous corporate jobs, it was mentioned in passing that we would get new compensation for our new roles. It was about 2 years later and nothing ever came of it. I felt after 2 years I proved myself in the role. I did my homework and wrote a nice email to my boss asking for a salary adjustment. They ultimately gave me double what I was asking for.
How many people would have had the guts to ask? And for those who did, how many would have gotten double?

Usually when someone says "this is my last word on this" they don't immediately follow it up with more posts that say the exact same thing.

All I can say is not everybody is as smart as you and as wonderful a negotiator. The best way for low-medium wage earners at supermarkets, retail stores, poultry plants, coal mines and dozens of other industries to get better pay, better benefits, and most importantly, a voice on the job to help with scheduling, health and safety issues, and everything else is a union.

It's not just about pay...in fact these days, that's often the least important issue. You can't "negotiate" what really matters - protection on the job, representation on the job whenever there is an issue, and a legal contract that spells out what you are owed, how you can be disciplined, seniority, etc.

THis is my last word on this! (until the next 10 posts before lunch)

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m fairly certain there are a few examples in the US.

Well yeah, everybody here! Inspiring, educated, regal.

But besides the good posters in the Pinside 'Rona thread...yikes!

#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It felt so odd listening to her when she didn't mention all of the news organizations or other politicians by name that were out to get her...because that's so important right now.

She also didn't tell us how amazing everything is and how tremendous everybody working for her is and how everybody is doing the best job and how can't you just picture yourself behind the wheel of this amazing car you look so great in it and the financing? It's a dream!!! This car will change your life, frankly!!

#7905 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

even pro athletes have representation that negotiate their contracts

Correct.

When they didn't, they all had second jobs during the offseason at gas stations and the like.

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Sat it out for 4400 posts, will I still be threatened 12 times with banning

How can you complain about a place where you are "threatened 12 times with banning" and still aren't banned?

Unless you are making a joke about INDISC?

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

New thread rules from the moderation team:
Due to the high number of moderation warnings happening in this thread, we are initiating a new moderation warning policy for this thread starting from this point forward.
If you receive a total of 3 moderation warnings, you will be ejected from this thread for no less than 1 week. If you currently have more than a total of 5 warnings, any additional warnings from this point forward will result in a permanent thread ejection. We will reserve the right to adjust things according to the situation, but don't expect special treatment.
If you try to post in other threads or start a new thread about the cornoravius situation after being ejected from this thread, your posting privileges will be further restricted.
We understand that these are uncertain times, and experiencing this is a little scary. We understand stress and anxiety are high. We understand some of you might be restless or stir crazy. But please, try to follow the forum rules and the rules set forth in the first post of this thread.
We don't enjoy excluding people from a discussion, especially concerning something of this magnitude. However, we will if it helps keep the thread on-track and trouble free.
Stay safe and stay well, everyone. Please make good decisions, not only in this thread, but out there in the real world as well. Try to be understanding and lenient with your friends, family, and neighbors. They are probably feeling similar to the way that you are.

Monday’s are tough around here.

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m bored, I’m going out to torch a few of these evil 5G towers.

Probably my favorite post in this thread was a guy saying “I’m not a tin foil hat type, but is there a chance that 5G towers are causing Coronavirus ?”

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL. this is hilarious. I can assure it will not be for me

Yeah this pandemic which has killed 4X as many people as 9/11 before it’s even warmed up, is overwhelming our hospitals, has destroyed our economy temporarily, and has exposed fundamental weaknesses in our economy and our government’s ability to respond to a crisis, and threatens our entire way of life is indeed hilarious.

Har Dee har har!

#7965 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

There’s now a new method being used In the ICU.
My wife reports they’re trying a new approach to the afflicted intubated patients. They’re now being flipped on their stomachs with their lower bodies pitched higher than their heads to help with drainage.

Awesome. Light at the end of the tunnel indeed!!

#8038 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

musical interlude

My neighbors have been enjoying my musical interludes every day around 4pm.

#8081 4 years ago

Smear campaign in full effect.

You guys aren’t gonna be happy until Dr Drew or some other unqualified moron is in charge.

#8089 4 years ago

While we are going down the rabbit hole of bad apocalypse movies....

“A boy and his dog”

#8095 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I read Lee Iacoca's book years ago where he talked about his trials and tribulations of running Ford Motor Company.
He said, "Every time I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, is was just another train coming to get me".

That sums it up.

I’ll believe there’s an end to the Tunnel when we are out of the tunnel.

Until then it’s just more Of the same happy talk horseshit based on nothing.

#8150 4 years ago

They need to put padlocks on these church doors, just like they did with bathhouses during the AIDS crisis.

#8202 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I don't think it's medically ethical to have a hypothesis like "this drug can save the lives of the ill" and also have a control group.

That’s actually exactly how drugs are vetted and approved. It’s ethical.

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So I guess Governor Cuomo is in on this caper also?

The governor has not told me I should be taking this drug, cause why not, try it if I like. What do I have to lose? Take it as a precaution!

He has not said those things to me or my fellow New Yorkers, as he knows it would be completely irresponsible at this point in time to flippantly push a drug with many harmful potential side effects that hasn’t been scientifically and medically verified.

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

New York’s numbers continue to concern me. They’re currently at a 4.8% fatality rate in New York county and they aren’t out of their peak death days yet. Concerning for what other major metro areas may see when they get hit. I don’t think other cities will see the density of patients that New York is seeing but 4.8% is a high mortality rate. I know the case rate is artificially low due to untested patients in the community but that’s an issue across the nation so case rates should be relatively comparable between cities.

I’m desperate for some good news but I know it’s too early. Any signs that our community mitigation has been working is welcome, but it seems to early to say it’s a trend.

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The Governor also announced that the state will begin to implement drug trials and has acquired 70,000 doses of Hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of Zithromax and 750,000 doses of Chloroquine. The trials will start Tuesday.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-accepts-recommendation-army-corps-engineers-four

That’s great, that’s how it’s supposed to be done.

It’s not a “scam” when it’s implemented the right way.

Clinical trials are the right way. Just telling everybody in the country to take it is not.

Hopefully the trials, as well as the drug’s “compassionate case” use for people who are in
Dire straits, bear some fruit. Shouldn’t take too long to find out.

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You just can’t help yourself from getting your digs in and criticizing our President. You really have mastered the art of walking the line, it is impressive. However, these types of comments add no value and in my opinion are no different in meaning as the comments made by those Pinsiders that got permanent thread ejections. You offer many valid arguments and I have grown to appreciate your opinion, but please stop with all these unnecessary comments.

Please stop trying to pick fights with me.

Edit: all good. We took it to PM!

#8306 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

You should check out that whole back story. Might change your perspective on what actually happened with that couple.

Spoiler alert: They weren't too bright.

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What does donation history have to do with hearing about an unproven drug from the president?

Well, they don't have a heart next to their name, for one thing.

#8327 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Assume, just assume, that the worst of this is over. How will you change your life? What will you do different?
Are you going start flying again?
What about a cruise ship?
Will you be buying a new $1,000.00 iPhone?
Will you be buying a new car?
Are you going to have a job to go back to?
Are you just going to keep hunkering down and hoard all of your money, or what money you have left?
In short, what will you be doing to help propel the economy back to health?

My personal estimate at this time is that I will remain at least one step behind what is being officially recommended by the NY Gov, just like I was at least one step ahead of them when they started closing things down.

If they say restaurants are open, I won’t go. Once they say movie theaters are open, I may start going to restaurants. Once they say
nBA games are ok again, I may start gong to movies, etc.

Whatever the plan, they had better be measured. I will be more likely to go to a restaurant again if they are only allowed to operate at 50 percent capacity. Same with movies etc.

Flights? Really not sure. It’ll be a case by case basis. It’s not really the flights I dread it’s the airports. I’ll have to wait and see how things are managed, and whether or not I really have somewhere to go. I’ll probably be splurging on first / business class as well for a while.

I still have my job so my financial decisions haven’t been altered too much. Pinball-wise, yes I will not be looking to spend big money on things like that, especially since I expect my pinball sales to be much slower for a while.

#8332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just had another life changing moment observation. It's a beautiful sunny day in Colorado and I was going to take my mountain bicycle out for some trail rides. I've decided it's best to avoid anything extreme out of fear of crashing and landing in the hospital. On the other hand I can get distracted riding around our college town by sunbathing beauties with the same result.

I’m not
Exactly a thrill seeker but I agree. Don’t do anything that significantly increases your risk of ending up in an emergency room, this is not what you or anybody needs now.

I am continuing to ride bikes around, just taking it very easy.

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mother of my daughter, who she still lives with, fell ill last week.
Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.
She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

fuck!

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Off tomorrow so just social distancing hanging with myself by the fire. Plan on getting shit faced and eating a pack of hot dogs. Getting crazy out here.[quoted image]

Welcome to the party.

#8570 4 years ago

Dammit!!!

I’m eating milanos as I speak.

This is a big problem in many food processing places. The big poultry plants are just starting to put up dividers between workers, and providing proper PPE. Production lines are closing temporarily.

We are gonna have serious problems if there’s a supply chain issue. Not sure if government needs to get involved but these companies need to try harder to keep workers healthy.

#8573 4 years ago

Some good news and some bad news in nyc...deaths up (we are well past 9/11 at this point) but admission to hospitals down, and far better shape than expected with ventilators. Deaths also being undercounted by estimated 100-200 a day.

All I know is my mom is worried fucking sick and she’s nagging me to stay home

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-death-toll-dying-at-home-de-blasio-20200408-st3unrzzwncchckjxu4rcrwkiy-story.html

#8608 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

What is up with the unemployment lines in Florida? Kentucky has hired 1200 people to work the phones. 12 people worked the phone before this. Florida needs to get on board with the hillbilly program.

There’s been a ton written over the past week about Florida and UI. Basically, it’s been dismantled over the past decade so it’s in terrible shape today to deal with this crisis:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-op-coronavirus-lawmakers-who-weakened-florida-unemployment-20200406-wq3ruwhjwvharnmauoeacgdbyy-story.html

#8653 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Well, it's our "toy" and occasion car and there's an interesting / too-long story of how & why I acquired and resurrected it. Objectively, I love and hate it at the same time... it was a wholly indefensible, cynical, incomprehensibly space-wasting pile even in its day. Today, it's an anachronism which is why I put up with it. Plus, it rides soooooo buttery "what garbage infrastructure?" smooth. And it has FOUR cigar lighters, ha! Oh, and I adore the color scheme on this one, which actually ends up being really rare for these cars.
Despite its many faults, it's all original with 82K miles and people really seem to enjoy seeing it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Because I'm an effing moron, I actually got it running just before the Great Recession, when gas spiked to $4+ a gallon. Filled up the tank for a C-note and barely made it from Frankfort to Louisville and back because I hadn't yet figured out how to tune its abortion of a carburetor. Eye-opening, indeed...
I've since had it as high as 16mpg in ideal conditions. Typical around town is all of.... 8, at best.

That's pretty cool, must be a ton of fun to drive. And yes it was even more ridiculous when it was new than it is today...the Japanese car companies must have been licking their lips back then.

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from redhawk1689:

In fact, upset stomach and skin rash appear to be the only real statistically major side effects.

We are spending more time than ever in Zoom conference meetings. Skin rash would be a huge problem for most of us. Especially those of us who refuse to put on shirts for these meetings.

#8893 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

all models and projections of this thing where all OFF by miles and fauci (the so called expert) has been wrong almost every step of the way. January - Americans have nothing to worry about. March - shut eveything down. April - Ok we can now start relaxing the infected quarantine rules from 14 tyo 7 days.
We probably should have followed Sweden's model and keep the elderly and un-healthy at home quarantined and the rest of the population keep moving. All the projections are off by 80%.

The smear campaign is in full effect.

It won’t work. People really like Fauci. And they trust him. Because he doesn’t lie to us, he has a lifetime of experience and service, and unlike others, he appears to have zero ulterior motive beyond promoting good public health.

That’s a luxury/freedom of being an appointed career Public servant rather than someone who is running for office and has to look after their own interests.

#8895 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He should be our point guard on this crisis:[quoted image]

Ha! That’s awesome. I bet he can still ball!

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Of course you DO realize that the whole point of mitigation is to affect the modeling, right? It's a catch-22: the models are wrong because we as a human race took action to CAUSE them to be wrong. It means we're doing something right.

Yeah it’s like he’s upset more people aren’t dead because we actually listened to the experts.

#8902 4 years ago

PantherCityPins

Doc-

As a medical professional, what do you think of the smear campaign to discredit Dr. Fauci?

Is the criticism you’ve seen gaining steam on some media outlets and filtering its way down here justified? Do you think Fauci should be replaced?

#8903 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Speaking of flour, isn't it isopropyl I mix that with to clean the mylar residue off of a playfield? I have to tackle my Lizard in the next day or two, and thought I would bring this thread full circle to our hobby.[quoted image]

You saved some good projects for all this time we have to kill!

#8911 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And if so, should it be Dr Oz, Dr Drew, or Dr Phil?

You know I’ve always felt Meat Loaf is most qualified.

#8914 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The hospital my GF worked at closed up shop 4 weeks ago. It is a longer story but one part of the closing was related to Kansas not signing up for the Medicaid expansion. The company that bought the hospital 2 years ago also owns 2 other hospitals. I told GF that the owners saw this shit coming and said noway nohow. The little town is is terrified and has been on lockdown for 2 weeks now. No one knows when the shutdown will be lifted.
GF's son is a licensed massage therapist who has been working 10 years and built a nice business. And now he is shut down.

Some of these places are attempting to just cut and run, at the worst possible time.

https://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Governor-calls-for-investigation-into-Fairmont-Regional-Medical-Center-parent-company-569178021.html

#8947 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Dr. Demento[quoted image]

“Here’s the funny 5 CDC recommendations for today!”

#8952 4 years ago

Here's a story in the NY Times about a poultry plant in the South, and how the conditions are deteriorating there. We need to address these issues at food processing plants throughout the country or we are in trouble.
Some plants are paying workers a $500 bonus, but it's really an attendance bonus. By doing this they are incentivizing sick people to come to work:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/coronavirus-chicken-meat-processing-plants-immigrants.html

#9170 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

So when is the world going to hold China and the WHO accountable for making things what they are and far worse than needs to be?? All of us need to do the collective thing and stop buying from them or made in China so they get the picture that lying leads to dying. That's the one thing we dont hear too much of coming from any of the worlds leaders and why is that?? Not sure of the reason for the silence

“Held accountable?”

We can’t even get China to pay royalties on counterfeit “Hancock” DVDs. Seems like a tall order.

#9197 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

A necessary tall order.

Hey you know me! I’m all about holding all of those who mislead or lied to the world in the early days of the pandemic accountable.

Just not sure what that means when it comes to China. What exactly do we want to happen here? How do we prove they lied? What are the consequences if we can prove they are accountable for this global pandemic?

#9200 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

This IS China’s fault. All countries including our own could have been better prepared for what they caused, but the world is where it is at because of China...period.

You know that’s ridiculous. You know that it isn’t China’s fault some countries reacted quicker and more decisively than others. You know it’s not purely China’s fault that we are all working from home now and the NBA is cancelled.

This isn’t the place for political discussions. Your statement that “this is China’s fault PERIOD” is a purely political statement, and a very misleading one that you know at least half of pinside would take issue with.

We should avoid discussions like that here.

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hope what this does is bring back a shit ton of jobs and manufacturing to the USA. Our leaders have been saying this for years, and maybe this tragedy provides the tools and the political will to make it happen.

Yes we would be in much better shape.

#9211 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

It is the covid containment thread and with China holding back critical information, the containment opportunity was lost. The stats are that there would've been 90-95% less deaths if they were forthcoming at the start of this at the end of November. Not political just facts.

Lol. We have about a dozen people who have been ejected from this thread for stating non-political “facts.”

I have a ton of fascinating opinions on who is at fault for the mess we are in here at home in the U.S. but in accordance with the rules here I’m keeping them to myself.

Pointing fingers and shifting blame is purely political, which is why I’m not doing it any more. Would be nice to see everybody else abide by the rules.

#9256 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I am staying at least 6 feet away from all the raccoons and squirrels. Neighbor's cats invading my property get... never mind.

If I had a cat, I’d keep it indoors. It’s only natural that as “cats with corona” gets more play in the media, it’s going to endanger pets that are allowed to roam around onto others’ property.

#9263 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Sad new world[quoted image]

More like adorable new world!!!

#9372 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Once things do start to reopen does anyone else think it will be at limited capacity? For example maybe every place starts reopening but only at 25% capacity for the first month, then 50% the second month, then 75% three months later. This way any small uptick in new cases could be detected and mitigation would be eaiser if neccessary versus if the entire country is just reopened at 100% capacity.

Yes that’s exactly what I expect. Movie theaters 40 percent capacity, same with restaurants etc.

#9385 4 years ago

Times Square, about 8:30 Friday night
186CC278-6128-4B1A-9382-AF888E6C2856 (resized).jpeg186CC278-6128-4B1A-9382-AF888E6C2856 (resized).jpeg
7th ave / broadway
19EFFA20-D23E-4524-944C-35A3D7E445B5 (resized).jpeg19EFFA20-D23E-4524-944C-35A3D7E445B5 (resized).jpeg
7th / broadway

FA447398-A891-439B-8DC4-1348979D4A3D (resized).jpegFA447398-A891-439B-8DC4-1348979D4A3D (resized).jpeg
42nd st at 7th ave facing west

#9418 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

3 days later and we now have 505781 total cases.
[quoted image]
This does not look like a peak to me. Maybe a plateau.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Trouble is that I don't believe the numbers anymore.

The numbers are obviously low and undercounted due to ongoing testing issues and people
Dropping dead alone at home without ever being diagnosed, but I do think we will be able to discern trends. Too early to call it a plateau or peak but the next week will tell us a lot.

#9423 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love watching the show Doomsday Preppers. I'll have to check this podcast out, thanks!

What I wanna know is are the preppers just hunkered down and dipping into their doomsday stash?

Or were they flocking to wal mart to Buy a pallet of charmin just like everybody else?

#9432 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

curious with all the stuff going on in NY why the Governor just now decided to close the schools for the year?....in California that decision was made weeks ago

Curious why it matters. Schools have already been closed for almost a month so kind of irrelevant. It’s not like anybody expected them to open again.

#9435 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It matters a lot if you have children at home and u need to plan for now having to home school your kids ... its a big deal

Everybody in new York was already planning on this.

Seriously, this is a total non-issue and a million times away from “a big deal.”

I’m guessing you are watching a cable news channel this morning that is trying to turn something literally nobody in NYC cares about into a story?

#9436 4 years ago

That’s actually not what happened.

The mayor said nyc schools are closed. The governor says “not so fast it’s my call!!”

These two hate each other. Just another irrelevant pissing Match.

None of this matters. We all know everything is closed for months.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04/11/coronavirus-update-new-york-city-schools-to-remain-closed-for-rest-of-year/

#9438 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

clearly you don't have kids at home....I watch a news channel that presents the facts, and not ones that want to politicize everything....

Clearly your news source doesn’t know the difference between the mayor and the governor?

#9443 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't want to get into a political debate with u....I already know we have polar opposite beliefs, which is fine. The good news on my end is we get another 4 years come November

The good news on my end is that this post should get you banned from the thread. The rest of us are trying to obey the rules don’t see why you don’t think you have to.

#9450 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I am fascinated by all the youtubers that buy old war rations and eat them on camera for us LOL

The gum and cigs usually seem ok. The canned pork or whatever usually isn’t.

#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Nor any more people banned...

People openly pontificating about who will be president for the next 4 years should be banned. Unless that zero tolerance policy has been waived? I’m sure we all have tons of fascinating opinions on the subject that we’ve been holding back on...but if it’s open season, we can let ‘em tip?

#9480 4 years ago

I’m trying to limit the collection of these sauces as they just seem to hang around and age. But the last few weeks have given me an opportunity to go though it all.

I’m pretty settled on avoiding novelty sauce at this point and sticking with Tabasco, choula, and guilty pleasure Siracha (though honestly I’m getting tired of the stuff)

There is a local tavern called Sam’s Waterfront that has amazing sauce, flavorful and hot. I’m about to run out of that stuff but the bottle is a couple years old anyway so it was time.

Heinz has a Tabasco ketchup now which is good, since I usually mix them anyway.

#9490 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sriracha is great, but you gotta buy the ground paste version instead of the ketchup like stuff in the bottle. It’s sugar free, just as spicy, and is a great addition to stews/curries or just mix it in a bowl of rice.

Link?!

#9491 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

maybe this happened yesterday and I wasn't paying attention, but USA (20,086) overtook Italy (19,468) in having most # of deaths

Yes there’s a lot of death. It totally Fn sucks.

Am I wrong in assuming that by this point, everybody knows someone who is dead, dying, or miserable with Covid? I don’t know anybody who has died but plenty of friends/relatives of friends.

#9496 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You want the jars. The clear is a chili garlic paste and the gold is chili paste. It’s in the Asian section of my store (while regular sriracha got bumped up into the condiment aisle)[quoted image]

Yeah I have the chili paste with the green lid. Good stuff.

#9499 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I haven't met anyone that has it or anyone that knows anyone who does.

Probably skewed due to my location.

#9504 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No doubt. You are in a hot zone.
Are you doing okay? How about your family and friends?

I have one pinball friend who just got out of the hospital, he lives in jersey. Was in terrible shape and on a ventilator but he recovered we are thrilled.

Another highly ranked competitive pinball buddy who works at Trader Joe’s is very sick and tested + (his wife in the same boat) but he hasn’t had to go to the hospital.

Both those guys are my age

One more pinball buddy who also works at Trader Joe’s has it but had mild symptoms. He’s young.

Beyond that nobody I directly know, except
For lots of people who “think I had it in February” but I think there a lot of confirmation bias going on. Fortunately all family including parents in Florida seem to be doing fine / avoiding virus.

My aunt was in hospital with a heart issue but is doing better and back home thank goodness

#9538 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

2003 car.
Now his brother Bob shows up. If only I had known.[quoted image]

How many friends and relatives are over stuffing their faces with this stuff??

I don’t need to remind you that you are no spring chicken!!! Be careful bro!

#9548 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Out of curiosity, how many on here are picking up pins this weekend?

Someone is dropping off a rollercoaster tycoon tomorrow am.

#9560 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not a pin, but I’m grabbing this tomorrow...[quoted image][quoted image]

A local Barcade has one.

Is this a fully solid state machine? How old?

#9580 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've been trying use forgotten food from the back of the cabinets and organise a little. Can anybody do better than June 16, 2006 for an expired product?[quoted image]

I just threw out some canned soup I bought before hurricane sandy.

So no, I can’t beat that.

#9591 4 years ago

If the used pinball market is about to collapse, I’m certainly not seeing any signs of it.

Pinball has proved recession-proof before, though as far this nobody even really Knows what it is yet. And people don’t seem to be too eager to sell their games at this point.

#9646 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Neither can I . Did your soup cans show any signs of domed ends. Peas here so far none.[quoted image][quoted image]

No it looked perfect. I almost
Opened it up to enjoy some chicken and dumpling soup but my gf threw it away when I was in the shower

#9657 4 years ago

Sobering story from Sports Illustrated.

I too am susceptible to the siren song of the light at the end of the tunnel. We may need to stash such optimism for a while:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

#9710 4 years ago

God I hate Poison.

Posting Poison lyrics should be a bannable offense!!

#9790 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Now Dr. Fauci is in the The Prez's crosshairs.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/politics/donald-trump-anthony-fauci-tweet/index.html
" Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Sunday evening retweeted a user who called for Dr. Anthony Fauci to be fired, the latest sign of apparent tension between the two men amid the coronavirus pandemic."
I would sure hate to see Dr. Fauci marginalized. I trust what he says.

The doc has about 85-90 percent approval ratings from the public. If he is replaced by Meat Loaf, Scott Baio or Dr. Drew I don’t think the public would be happy.

Every relationship has its ups and downs. I don’t think Fauci is going anywhere, even if he has to endure some insults. That’s just one of the costs of public service these days.

#9792 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Other than April 10th, there seems to be a very positive trend developing with the daily deaths in the US. Let’s hope and pray this continues...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Not sure if 2 days is a trend...but let’s see how day 3 shapes up!

#9842 4 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

I just found this thread and its almost 200 pages long. Anyone write how we can do pinball tournaments in the near future when they lift restrictions but we don't have a vaccine yet? Please give me realistic expectations.

I do not think any tournaments are realistic until at least the Fall. I have OBX penciled in as my hopeful first tournament back. But we don't really know.

When it comes to phasing them back in, I think there's some things to consider:

Games would need to be spaced out properly

More tournaments would need to set attendance limits

All games would be one-player, like how tournaments treat single-player machines now. With four separate games on a machine instead of one four-player game, it would greatly reduce the amount of hand washing, sanitizing, and game-cleaning, and of course reduce the amount of contact players have with each other.

#9854 4 years ago

Everything else he was saying since January was being ignored, probably figured may as well say that and maybe people would stop going on cruise ships.

#9865 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

A friend of mine took this picture today at Walmart and just sent it to me. Sheet protectors taped together to make a protective helmet! The saying goes...”pics or it didn’t happen”...well here it is and it happened...fantastic...[quoted image]

All of these homemade PPE remind me of props from 1950s sci fi movies.

#9876 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I sense we'll be seeing some more thread ejects soon.

Some people just can’t follow the rules even when they’ve been stated numerous times.

#9879 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You mean when your mayor told everyone it was ok to go out to restaurants?
I get it everybody fucked up and should be held accountable but the media always has a biased agenda.

I would love to discuss the performances of elected and public officials in my state, feel free to PM and I’d be happy to offer my opinions. I do not want to get ejected by discussing this stuff here so I won’t.

#9882 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Can’t we all just get along? [quoted image]

Looks like a Cowboys game to me. I refuse to ogle, out of spite.

#9891 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Those of you that live in New York and the surrounding areas that are getting the hardest hit, do you feel the orders (local, city, state, federal) are adequate and working or do they need to be escalated further?

Right now, I think things are perfectly adequate state and local. Anybody who has followed my posts since the shit hit the fan knows that I feel our city response wasn't so hot at the beginning; bars, restaurants, movie theaters etc. should have all been closed one weekend earlier. New York hasn't been at the back of the pack, but it hasn't set the tone either; I've typed several times that when Ohio is being more proactive than one of the biggest states in the country with the biggest city in the U.S., that's a problem. Frankly I expected more from New York city and state.

Since then, the gov. and mayor have been doing a decent job and I think the restrictions are where they should be since they finally closed the playgrounds last week. The Gov. has been a forceful advocate for New York. I do think the ongoing pissing match between the mayor and gov is distasteful at best and I wish they would stow it. Not helping anybody.

Federal I'd rather not comment on beyond I do think a federal stay at home order would have been / still would be helpful.

#9894 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Unconscionable:
Leilani Jordan, a grocery worker, died at age 27 from Covid-19. She said her store provided neither gloves, nor hand sanitizer.
She continued working because she wanted to help people. Her mother received Leilani's last paycheck: it was just $20.64.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/grocery-store-worker-leilani-jordan-died-coroanvirus-kept-working-wanted-to-help-people/

disgusting.

#9910 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

New Episode!!!!! Though it is just an aftershow, so I doubt it will be any fun. But I'll still grab some whisky and throw some shot glasses. Yee Haw!

Like so much of the past month or so...it ain’t the best but it’s better than nothing.

#9939 4 years ago

The WHO have made many mistakes.

I'd suggest every album since Face Dances applies, and really they should have hung it up for good once Entwistle died.

#9960 4 years ago

I can't for the life of my figure out what you guys are bickering about.

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Dr Fauci just pushed back on the media. I hope you guys are watching today's press conference.

I don't do that to myself any more. I'll check out the recaps later.

#10015 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did public health officials mislead us? ‘Coronavirus is not a major threat for the people in United States, and this is not something the citizens should be worried about,’ Dr. Fauci said on January 21
https://techstartups.com/2020/04/12/public-health-officials-mislead-us-coronavirus-not-major-threat-people-united-states-not-something-citizens-worried-dr-fauci-said-janu/?fbclid

This is like the 3rd or 4th time one of you guys has posted this exact same story here over the past week. Give it a rest. Fauci has never mislead the public, and the information he's given us has been consistently updated for the public good, not for PR reasons. There's a reason he is at 85 percent favorable, despite the constant attacks from a small, biased, and loud few.

There was an amazing NY Times piece written this weekend that lays out who was offering warnings, and who was ignoring them, and who has been willfully misleading the public even though the up to date information they were receiving didn't match what they were telling us. Feel free to read it since you are so clearly concerned with who spent the last couple of months feeding us bad information.

I didn't post it for obvious reasons, reflecting the new rules we are supposed to abide by in this thread regarding looking backwards and pointing fingers.

If team Fauci Smear could exercise the same restraint it would be appreciated.

#10039 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

My check is there! Waiting to clear. Surprised it happened so fast.

Wow- paper check? Or direct deposit?

#10156 4 years ago

People who are talking about how this coronavirus thing isn’t that bad are like a guy who is pulled off the train tracks by a bystander before the train barrels through and then says “Hell, that train ain’t dangerous at all! Didn’t even hurt me!”

It's as simple as this; some people want to be part of the solution, and some people don't.

Not everybody is cut out to be a good citizen and good neighbor.

#10226 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Once I had a goal to lose 50 pounds. Got 30 pounds into it, said to myself 'I've got this licked' and went back to my old habits. Think I got to my goal or back to where I started. Now is not the time for anyone to take their foot off the gas pedal. We need to see it through to the end, otherwise it will just keep coming back for the foreseeable future.

Very well put. There is no "partisan" solution to this, just one solution, and it's to do it the right way.

Everything else is just a sideshow. We are all bored so I get the allure of being a contrarian troll. Fortunately, for the most part, these people aren't Governors and won't have a say on when things "open for business" again.

#10231 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How will your lifestyles change after you have experienced this stay-at-home exercise?
I am retired and I stay home much more than I ever did. However, in retirement, I would usually leave the house every day. Maybe just go to Harbor Freight and look around. Or go to a restaurant and get a cup of coffee. Or a burger and fries. Any thing to just get out if the house.
But with this virus action, I only leave the house to go get groceries. And I am getting used to not going anywhere at all. I don't think I will chance this after the "all clear" has been given. I'll have a smaller gasoline bill and longer time between oil changes; And my tires will last longer.
The tradeoff will be is that more time at home means my heating and cooling will cost more. And I am teaching myself to cook more which is not music to a restaurant owner's ears.
This is no big deal in the great scheme of things, but on a collective basis how our behaviors might/will change will have some economic impact.
Where are all of you at? Will you be willingly making any behavioral changes once all clear is given? Or once a vaccine is discovered?
I know one of the mods says he will be flying again due to business requirements.
------------------------------------------
SIDEBAR: Getting into pinball has been a lifesaver for me. If I get bored and lonely, I just go play a pin and focus in.

No idea. We are all going one day at a time.

I will study the available data, and of course continue to take advantage of the excellent work the main stream media has been doing and continues to do, and will make my own decision. I will continue to ignore the advice coming from the Federal Government as its all been terrible, and will look to state and local officials and determine if what they are saying jibes with what I'm seeing / reading / experiencing.

My general feeling is, just as the state/local officials were about 1 step behind where they should have been (closing everything a week or two later than they should have), I'll stick a step or so behind them when they start opening things up.

But honestly, regardless of what anybody says I'll be avoiding large crowds for a while. They can't force me to go to the movies, even if it'll help save AMC from bankruptcy.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

So, we will get our airline vouchers and maybe try for a trip in January.
On the positive side we decided to do a 2 week road trip instead which we haven’t done in a few years. I’m thinking Utah and see the 4 major national parks there. I figure those have a better chance of being open than Disney World.
https://apnews.com/709f20f706269d6db7f7d09b46d01ddb

Yes they are closed, now.

But he figures those have a better chance of being open than Disney World.

#10242 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Disneyworld is losing 30 mil a day at least. They will re open by Memorial day ....bringing an end to the retired population of Florida as we know it.
Disney will then be able to finally purchase the whole state of Florida and sell $12 churros to all the remaining customers er...citizens

It’s a small sacrifice we will need to make for the economy.

#10245 4 years ago

Making it as difficult as possible for poor people to vote is as American as it gets in 2020.

#10248 4 years ago

I can order a pizza, a Hooker, a toaster, or drugs from the comfort of my la-Z-boy.

That’s how I wanna vote too! Who is with me?

#10253 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Covid-19 has killed .0000069% of Americans to date.
Outside of New York City, it has killed .0000039% of Americans.
Stay inside forever guys.
Do not question the narrative.
It’s the end of the world.

Nobody is saying “it’s the end of the world” except idiots who want to open six flags tomorrow. These are also the only people who are “overreacting” to any of this.

Get over yourself.

#10256 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It may very well be the end of the world..... I just upvoted Levi for the first time!

You had your first taste...you’ll be back for more!!

#10260 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

We've thought about a road trip, but then where do you stop to use the restroom? Is there social distance? Where do you eat? There are a lot of questions still even on a road trip. We plan on waiting and seeing when it appears safe. I am not willing to gamble anyone's life on a road trip.
Am I missing something?

You aren’t missing anything.

These guys aren’t talking about going on a road trip tomorrow. They are musing - fantasizing? - about a possible vacation months from now. All the issues you mention can be revisited then.

#10263 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

In all fairness, none of the those examples are contagious. That is the big difference as to why those are irrelevant in regards to the economy being shut down.

Yeah we told him that yesterday.

Well tell him again tomorrow.

This is the price of misinformation from people in authority. Once it’s out there, it just doesn’t go away. For a large group of people, there will never be any walking back of this stuff.

#10266 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's one thing to be stuck at home, but another when it's been raining constantly.
Plenty of sunshine today!

I don’t mind the rain. We had a pretty solid storm yesterday.

Something different to look at out the window. Like when a new set of bums takes over the bus stop!

#10303 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Seriously? We are only one month into this and you are at your limit? US involvement in WWII lasted approximately four years...[quoted image]

Right. And even for those not going to war, most Americans made serious sacrifices. rationing, no new products for 5 years, every young man in town gone off to war...:

Now it’s like “man I’ve been cooped up in this huge suburban house with 500 cable channels and and a huge backyard and all the food I can eat...it’s a nightmare! Time to open the bowling alleys at whatever the cost!”

#10310 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, it's weird trying to feel indestructible, when someone close to you has been fighting for their life the last two weeks.
But, it's the only way I know how to roll.

She's out of the woods, right?

#10320 4 years ago

Anybody else have any batshit crazy "hypothesis" they want to share about Covid-19?

Now's the time. It's been a slow day.

I've got some weird plant growing on my fire escape. Starting to think Covid is all part of some "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" alien plot.

#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Yeaahhh... so close to Easter? Not a great joke.

The joke was the guy's insane theory. Didn't mean to offend.

I'll remove the "joke," Please stay away from my DNA.

#10334 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

fuck it, I'm giving it an upvote. A for effort.

You have a point. I mean it doesn't seem like your average lazy "cut and paste" wackjob post. It seems like some real heart and soul poured into that.

The guy is committed for sure!!!

(not sure which facility he's in)

#10377 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If religion is on the menu then politics should be as well.

It’s been a strange day here.

I don’t know how I’d have gotten through it without my hand firmly on my crank.

#10379 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Covid 19 did start with Pangolins, but not how you might suspect. Pangolins are supremely intelligent hive mind beings from another arm of our spiral galaxy where they have conquered and colonized all of the 'local' planets. Unfortunately, in their enthusiasm for Pangolintopia (sort of like a Dune inspired Jihad movement) they wiped out the native cultures and differences. Every planet they conquered now has the Pangolin equivalents of McDonalds, Home Depots, Bed Baths and Beyond, Old Navy's etc
They had been studying us for many 1000's of years to subdue earth and install the Pangolin equivalent of the smaller footprint neighborhood Walmarts. Financing fell through on that project, but no one put in the proper paperwork to dissolve the outpost. Earth Outpost stayed in the observer rotation, essentially through a clerical error, but it became a very popular assignment because the inhabitants were so primitive, feisty, easily persuaded, and generally entertaining.
So then - because they were very, very, very bored (even more bored than Vyvyan on The Young Ones) they kept watching us, but again mostly for entertainment purposes. One of them had an idea to break the boredom. His name, coincidentally, was also Vyvyan. Why not transmit all the earthly antics back to Pangolintopia in 'channels' so all Pangolins could watch?
So - all of our periods, cultures, wars, sports (they started the idea of the Olympics), yes, even our pandemics are now broadcast live across the vast reaches of our galaxy to entertain our Pangolin overlords. This was just them kicking the ant mound a little to liven things up. It will be over soon.

This all seems pretty logical, but I'm afraid I'll need a link to some sketchy video from a fringe web site to make it official.

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

This is disgusting.. why would a religious person even watch this garbage??

God only knows

#10417 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The news tonight said that in Ontario they are only counting deaths that happen in hospitals. So none of the nursing home numbers are included and people that die at home are left out too.

People always want to cook the books to make it look better. Or usually.

New York’s death toll just jumped 3,700 because they are counting people who died without a positive test.

#10442 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Once this is all said and done there will be plenty of blame to go around and I think we all know exactly where it will land: on contemporary artist Marina Abromovic and her "spirit cooking" rituals where she sacrificed children in the basement of a basement-less pizza shop with the help of Bill Clinton and Bill Gates and Bill Cosby and Bill Murray.
If only we'd listen to Alex Jones when we had the chance!
(*Alex Jones turns towards the camera* "don't you mean.... BILL JONES???" *he laughs while he removes his human flesh to expose his reptilian scales)

We really should have seen this all coming.

#10554 4 years ago

Threads a total cesspool.

We’ve gone full circle with those in denial repeating the lies and misinformation from the top, and now we are being invaded by Jesus freak conspiracy theorists.

Have fun guys, and good luck. I pray you live in a state with a sane, competent Governor.

#10850 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Lots of sports owners are involved. I know Mark Cuban said he will be one. WWE isn't a sports team, but they do have thousands of viewers per venue, and probably employ more than any sports team as they are year round and have multiple events, with multiple television events. It is a multi-billion dollar industry. So it makes sense.

It's all empty theatrics just like everything else...you can put together as many pointless Zoom conferences as you want with business leaders / sports owners etc. It won't result in anything besides showy "Federal guidelines" nobody needs to follow.

No one person will be "opening the economy" or "opening sports." That's going to be up to individual states.

#11060 4 years ago

Love the main stream media. They saved America during this crisis by reporting the truth and asking important questions while those we are supposed to trust lied endlessly.

Main steam media deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

#11086 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I am somewhat, don’t get me wrong.
Ghost Town was a truck bed to truck bed transfer, slid the envelope of money to him. Transaction time was 3 minutes.
Grabbed the Contact from an elderly couple that contacted me a couple months ago. Her husband died, so she now wanted it out. I had full PPE, didn’t come within 30 feet of her, had to disassemble the game and pull it up 12 basement stairs sideways on the hand truck by myself (her doorways weren’t wide enough for a wide body), and load it up.
Total time out of the house was about three hours for both pick ups. And frankly, for something I’m usually excited about, it was physically arduous, and a complete reminder of how screwed up things really are given the way I had to do it.

This stuff can be done responsibly. I’ve picked up three games since March and my experiences were much like you except I had to rent a van once.

I go to a commercial place that usually rents to film productions. It’s a garage, not a tight office, never much interaction with staff. They sprayed / wiped down the van inside and out when I got it.

Maybe I shouldn’t have done it but it seemed pretty safe to me. Was it “essential travel?” Well let’s just say I’m glad I’m not running for office.

#11097 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Good luck with that

Yeah...I just don’t get what “the world” is supposed to do to China. We couldn’t stop them from running over peaceful protestors with tanks. We can’t get them not to pirate DVDs of “Good Burger.” We’ve made little headway on human rights progress, or environmental stuff back when we actually cared about it

So what are supposed to do here? How is China supposed to be made to pay for their crime of doing the stuff China always does, especially when so much of the western economy is dependent on them.

Like many things related to the response to this pandemic, it all seems like showy theater. I get that we can point fingers at them, and try to absolve and distract blame from our own blatant and obvious failures...but is there any REAL action toward China that is expected here? I haven’t heard anything suggested. Are we going to sanction them? Stop trading with them?

What’s the endgame here?

#11101 4 years ago

Well, what if the world stopped trading with them? It would hurt like hell for sure because we’ve been sucking on the cheap Chinese test for a long time but it would destroy their economy.

The US is falling apart at the seams because “forever 21” has been closed for a month, what’s gonna happen when consumers can’t buy a new smart phone for a few years, and when they finally can it costs twice as much?

Oh, and good luck getting new parts for your pinball machines anytime in the next decade.

I do not see consumers and our fine business leaders being Ok with a trading halt with China. It would take years for us to catch up with them in manufacturing, and the public would revolt at the huge price increases in everything they’ve been building for us.

#11113 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The problem is we all love cheap shit from China . I brought a pedestal fan with a remote control for $10 imported from China made with Metals and engineering yet a six-pack of beer made with water , sugar , yeast from down the road cost me $18 how does that work .

Your beer wasn’t made by slaves.

#11134 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, he was trying. I don't mind people with not so politically correct personalities as long as they are doers.

We'll have 30,000 dead Americans by this weekend.

#11140 4 years ago

Well the weekend's starting early. I've got a drink in hand!

#11141 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you think the shutdown has been bad for the stock market, just wait until you see what a real trade war with China looks like.

We won't see that. It's all bluster and scapegoating. Zero actual action will be taken.

The real question is when does this alleged "curve flattening" start to translate into fewer deaths in the U.S.?

It looks like by this time next week we'll have as many dead as our 20-years in Vietnam. Many of these dead actually FOUGHT in Vietnam which makes it even more poignant.

#11143 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Please have a second drink for me. I'm missing my alcohol due to short term meds which may have severe interactions and don't want to risk anything right now. Haven't had a drink all month. Whatcha havin?

Woodford Reserve baby! Yes I'll have one for you.

#11155 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Exactly. Crap like that going on is why people are protesting

People are protesting because they are whiny, spoiled brats who've never lived in a society that required sacrifices for the public good. Their grandparents are rolling in their graves.

It's also an excuse to walk around with AR-15s in public which is always fun.

#11157 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I worked at a liquor store and could also get it at a drive thru dairy.
Also a shout out to Australia that provided Tooths and Fosters in big oil cans.
And long live Lowenbrau actually imported from Munich.

Which American beers do you dig? Or is it all pisswater?

I can enjoy a bud from time to time if it's freezer cold.

#11251 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

My God that literally looks like piss

I'm told it works every time.

#11269 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

How has your day been Levi?

Not too shabby! Doing some great stuff in the apartment we set up some Curtains inside these open areas which gives the bedroom more of a feeling of privacy and makes it darker in there at night. Hung up the old dogs playing poker picture to cover up the fuse box much to Nancy’s horrified chagrin.

Ate some leftover meatballs for lunch.

Nancy back at her apartment for a few days. Bachelor weekend!! Woo hoo!

I’m gonna watch so much porn!

Oh threw a malfunctioning remote across the hallway. Stress manifests itself in strange ways I guess.

In covid news everybody seems to have gotten the message about the masks everybody is wearing them inside stores and such which is how it should be.

How has your day been Chad?

448FFA89-B829-479C-9E35-E975F6C421E0 (resized).jpeg448FFA89-B829-479C-9E35-E975F6C421E0 (resized).jpegF50E3EF3-E09D-43B8-82DC-143C052A1586 (resized).jpegF50E3EF3-E09D-43B8-82DC-143C052A1586 (resized).jpeg
#11286 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Billy was famous for public urination at the White House (or somewhere important) and taking money from the Libyans, though he never actually got it.

I heard he gave them a vintage bomb casing filled with used pinball machine parts.

#11304 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I thought I was the only one who bought these placemats. Bought them at pintastic last summer.[quoted image]

Yup! Charles at Pinball Photos. Great guy with some cool products!

We are proud to have him as an NYCPC Sponsor last year and this...I mean next year!

#11305 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I thought I was the only one who bought these placemats. Bought them at pintastic last summer.[quoted image]

A cool canvas I Bought from him:

5AFFE53D-0C96-4C14-8703-CAC4CBC86806 (resized).jpeg5AFFE53D-0C96-4C14-8703-CAC4CBC86806 (resized).jpeg
#11338 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

My *unofficial* tally of who we have lost in this thread:
rwh
wolfemaaan
motorcitymatt
zr11990
iceman44
vicjw66
zablon
ds_nadine
thefamilyarcade
dblm
wolfemaaan was booted off the site entirely
iceman44 holds the record for fastest eject in under 48 hours
DBLM actually requested to be booted
Probably AT LEAST 6 Pinsiders on final written warning here and maybe a dozen or so that have been temporarily ejected and either changed their posting style or never came back.

Lol there’s always a stat guy!

Is it too late to start a fantasy league?

#11367 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I think he's on a 3 day timeout.

Timing is everything if he’d shown up with his crazy act a week earlier during “the crackdown” he would’ve had Ice beat.

#11375 4 years ago

Olympia beer.

“It’s in the water.”

#11493 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Results of Wisconsin being unable to postpone their election[quoted image]

Wow.

Now Do a chart that shows what happens if Applebee’s opens.

#11494 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Remember these OD? Just finishing my case that's been aging for 35 years.[quoted image]

Life is always intense as a repo man!

#11575 4 years ago

Ah another day in paradise.

I got my hand firmly
On the crank!!

#11582 4 years ago

Yeah that's getting passed around...he spits so much I had to turn it off. Put on a mask bro!!!

#11616 4 years ago

Anybody watching Covid Aid?

Elton had a sick pro multi cam rig recording his performance!

Showing up everybody in their kitchen recording In portrait mode.

Entertaining so far. Wondering what the Stones are gonna do! Miss You probably.

#11619 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Will it be up on YouTube when all done? If so please link. Too busy today to tune in but I'd like to jump to some performances with my family tomorrow

#11621 4 years ago

Stones crushed it, only band performance so far. Can’t always get what you want.

#11622 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Woah, did B Gates just say we just have to keep this up until late NEXT year?
When do Pinburgh 2022 tickets go on sale?

Yeah bill just said with some
Luck we get a vaccine “late next year.”

I can do it. I’m eating better, sleeping better, and playing more guitar than ever.

It’s not the WORST news ever. I mean...late next year we are back to normal? Well that’s better than 3 years. Or never.

#11640 4 years ago

Elton’s no spring chicken not a big deal. He coulda made armpit noises for 3 minutes it would be fine.

If we
Are keeping score I think he sounded a lot better than Paul McCartney.

Mick of course distant first in the oldies division.

#11741 4 years ago

Man some of you lunatics have the hand firmly on the crank this morning!

#11742 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

No one knows. I guess Florida will have to monitor their infection/death numbers and see.

I’m convinced the governor is trying to kill my parents in Florida. He’s a monster.

#11745 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I shouldn’t respond to troll posts. In the future I’ll post something positive and unrelated.
Right now I’m thinking back to this early February ski trip just before all of this blew up. How about more reminders of happy times that will come back again some day?[quoted image][quoted image]

Mmm...bacon

#11756 4 years ago

We can just keep everything shut down till the end of next year as far as I’m concerned. That’s what the doctors and scientists say, so that’s good enough for me.

Besides, The world is in dire need of a bit of a reset if you ask me. I’m gonna go tinfoil hat here and join in on the fun!

The MAN is just horrified that we are figuring out how little we really need our precious “rich get richer” economy, and that all non millionaires are gonna figure this out the longer everything is “shut down.”

More and more people are gonna have their “Odin moment” and realize sitting around getting plastered and eating out of a trough of lukewarm filet of fishes is WAY more fun than busting their ass All day just so some asshole gets richer. The whole house of cards propping up these clowns is gonna collapse!

“WE CANT JUST SHUT DOWN THE ECONOMY!! It’s a fate worse than death!!!”

The more these creeps
Say it the less I believe it.

#11762 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I tend to agree. Expensive outdated concepts resistant to change like the Movie Theatre experience.
Old Brands like Woolrich expensive when made in USA, moving Production to Asia and charging the same prices.
Bankers play risky games with borrowed money and get bailed out by Taxpayers when it goes South.
Then do it again.
Commercial Landlords require maximum rent, go up every chance they can, kick old Tenants out. Who needs them now?
The skys are cleaner, fuel consumption way down. Traffic congestion and accidents down.
People spending more time with Family, teaching their kids instead of Daycare Mills with astronomical prices.
Too big to fail Companies? The harder they fall the better it is.
Necessities are cherished, the latest electronic gadget not so much. People debating what is really important?
200 million Sports Stars? Over paid Movie Stars, who really needs them? Madonna? She had her day in the sun.

I like living in nyc and I like my apartment. Unfortunately, however, as I have two windows facing busy 10th Avenue, everything near the wall gets covered in a fine layer of soot I have to clean one a week. The floor, the back of the tv, etc. Or don’t clean one a week and it builds up pretty disgustingly.

This last month? Haven’t had to clean it once. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t noticed and enjoyed the difference. The air is gorgeous too. It’s a beautiful day. You guys think it’s nicer where you live? The difference in urban areas is like night and day.

Gonna have a couple drinks in the back courtyard today. Have a couple friends coming over we will set up some folding chairs 8 feet apart.

#11765 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like living in nyc and I like my apartment. Unfortunately, however, as I have two windows facing busy 10th Avenue, everything near the wall gets covered in a fine layer of soot I have to clean one a week. The floor, the back of the tv, etc. Or don’t clean one a week and it builds up pretty disgustingly.
This last month? Haven’t had to clean it once. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t noticed and enjoyed the difference. The air is gorgeous too. It’s a beautiful day. You guys think it’s nicer where you live? The difference in urban areas is like night and day.
Gonna have a couple drinks in the back courtyard today. Have a couple friends coming over we will set up some folding chairs 8 feet apart.

02044AD3-266A-45E4-BD93-CA1748505A5C (resized).jpeg02044AD3-266A-45E4-BD93-CA1748505A5C (resized).jpeg24C2CBEF-B4D0-492E-B1CE-7B2F676161A2 (resized).jpeg24C2CBEF-B4D0-492E-B1CE-7B2F676161A2 (resized).jpeg87DDDE3F-EE33-4CB0-8DB8-AEEF2EC24048 (resized).jpeg87DDDE3F-EE33-4CB0-8DB8-AEEF2EC24048 (resized).jpeg
#11846 4 years ago

I’m not a scientist.

But even at “six feet apart” huge crowds seems like a bad idea to me at this current juncture.

#11859 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Verified. Don't be that guy.
[quoted image]

Well you know what they say, freedom isn’t free.

#11904 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Back to you Cotton![quoted image]

No Sean O’Grady?

#11974 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Would you prefer the monster meth head Ron DeSantis defeated? Cause he’s currently in a rehab and wouldn’t be any good fighting the spread of the virus right now.
My business partner fled Boston (the next virus hotspot) to live at his mom’s condo in Florida.
Maybe you & I should do the same.[quoted image]

Yes, I’m sure he’d be doing a better job than the current leadership, which is apparently trying to kill my elderly parents And all other vulnerable people in the state.

Zero debate there, I’ll take the meth head. The leadership in Florida - from unemployment insurance debacle to opening the beaches - has been the worst in the nation. A national embarrassment way worse than any shady hotel drug bust.

#11978 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

And here in Pennsylvania, off we go....
today's noontime rally at The Capitol to lift restrictions.
Mask use estimated at 'maybe 50%.'[quoted image][quoted image]

“Give me stupidity and give me death!”

#11982 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a MTF transsexual friend and have met several of her girlfriends. I'm thinking of switching teams.

Yes the thought crosses all of our minds at one time or another.

#12034 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Well I thought for sure there would be tons of fire sales through this pandemic. Doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone is either holding or selling for high prices. I guess covid has zero effect on the pinball market? Carry on Pinheads. And stay well...

The effect right now seems to be what happened during the last recession - no fire sales, people are just hanging on to their stuff or putting on market for ridiculous prices.

#12035 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

"We're gonna rise up against the very people we voted for! All those people from our own neighborhoods and districts! They did this to us!"
Rise up and do what, exactly? Flush our representative democracy down the toilet?
I wonder... back in the day did people suggest WWII was a hoax? Hitler was fake? War bonds were a conspiracy by Henry Ford to... uh... raise money for... uh... building a tunnel to... smuggle hamburgers to Russia?
SNARK ASIDE, our creaky old government system and way we do business is really showing the cracks right now. A lot of people aren't getting the help they need, and they might not have anything to do but yell for "how it used to be" because they were barely making ends meet as it was.
We need to take a good, long look at where the money has gone and hold our entire system accountable. Patch the cracks, upgrade to Democracy 2.0, and reduce the power of the two-party system.
Particularly that last part. A brittle system doesn't flex... and boy does it need to right now.

Couldn't agree more.

American Democracy has been exposed as a lumbering, painfully slow beast that is paralyzed by crisis. I can't believe how ill-suited we are to deal quickly and decisively with an emergency. ANY emergency.

We are in rough shape folks. I don't care which "side" you are on. Anything other than “business as usual”....good luck.

#12040 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm back from vacation. Found another great Corona meme while I was gone.[quoted image]

That’s not a meme and she’s a fucking idiot.

#12076 4 years ago

If stern wants to open the production line any time soon they will have to seek a waiver from Illinois.

#12093 4 years ago

3. In case you didn’t learn this in grade school, injecting or inhaling disinfectants is not a good idea.

NOW you tell me!

#12118 4 years ago

I’m not a statistician but we should be past 60,000 dead by Thursday based on what We’ve been seeing.

#12276 4 years ago

It’s not all doom and gloom here in nyc these days! Enjoy:

#12310 3 years ago

Grim milestone time: 55,000 dead here.

So that’s as many US deaths in 2 months as we had in 16 years in Vietnam.

#12332 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Damn, Levi. You put on a free show and get thumbed down. Who did you piss off?
That is a nice pair of Gibsons, BTW.

Thanks!

Just got the SG last week. It’s a 1970 and it’s amazing! (May have to look at that cable jack though!)

#12387 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They are trying Famotidine, active ingredient in Pepcid as a potential. Very interesting...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/health/famotidine-coronavirus-northwell-trial/index.html

Frankly, I'm a little tired of hearing about potential cures. Let me know when there's a study saying something has actually been proven effective.

#12425 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

One thing for sure. When the restaurants open I'll be lining up for a Steak Dinner, and if it requires a hazmat suit so be it.

I’ve been eating delicious steak during this whole thing, whenever I want.

It ain’t rocket science to broil up a nice steak!

#12456 3 years ago

I think he’s just a huge fan of ethnic diversity and the elderly and wanted to point that out.

#12463 3 years ago

We are getting a good ole fashioned Blue Angels fly by this am. Gonna head up to the room at noon, the flight plan shows they are flying right overhead. That angle turn right after the 12pm start should be directly above.
blue (resized).jpgblue (resized).jpg

#12468 3 years ago

What a gorgeous day! We saw them make their initial fly by over the Hudson and then coming back from jersey. I think they are just wrapping up the trip down the east river now and toward Philly.

1D54C279-65F7-454A-B606-83143E7D45CA (resized).jpeg1D54C279-65F7-454A-B606-83143E7D45CA (resized).jpeg78A5711F-6728-49A3-BD99-2D359F164590 (resized).jpeg78A5711F-6728-49A3-BD99-2D359F164590 (resized).jpegE0D00376-7BE2-4DF3-A7EE-B4CC6ABBABBD (resized).jpegE0D00376-7BE2-4DF3-A7EE-B4CC6ABBABBD (resized).jpeg
#12493 3 years ago

Good this is all common sense stuff we should have seen stores Doing 6 weeks ago but better late than never.

You wanna “open up America?” This is how you do it. Even if a lot of it may seem like theater it’s going to make people more comfortable going out to shop.

#12567 3 years ago

Whatever happened with last month’s game changing miracle drug hydro what’s its name?

Is that thing over?

#12572 3 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Still in trials, but probably will not be a significant med.
I would think any medication would be hard to test as who really wants to do a double blind test on a deadly disease. Nobody would want to be on the placebo side of a deadly medication when the other half is making full recoveries in a short amount of time.

It’s an issue militant activists had to face during the aids crisis. It was finally understood they HAD to do a real, scientifically and medically sound test of the retroviral drugs.

Surely some lives were lost but the drugs were confirmed and have saved countless lives over the past 25 years.

#12577 3 years ago

The meat plants thing is pretty nuts.

No they can t force employees - who are sick and scared - to show up to work. But the order authorizes the company to bring in foreign workers, temps, whatever it takes to keep the places running.

They say they’ll provide proper PPE and make the workplaces safer but they don’t say how.

Just seems like a big FU to the people who work in these plants, and a giant favor to the meat companies. If the question is, can America survive with slightly less meat than before, at the benefit of protecting workers, I’d say “yes.”

But I guess the feds live in terror of a bacon shortage? Or what any kind of disruption in the meat supply chain will do to the markets?

Like a lot of our actions over the past 2 Months seems like a pretty rash decision that isn’t terribly well thought out, for very short term benefit of markets. I don’t like it. We didn’t use the DPA to produce more PPE for health care workers, but well use it to protect bacon and meat companies?

#12587 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Jail is worse than the meat plant. The one in my county has a major outbreak. Aren't a lot of the meat plant workers immigrants? They might be looking at deportation vs. jail.

They won’t force people to go to work, they can’t.

They will however replace them with more immigrants or temps. Trust me, meat plants are basically the 3rd ring of hell, they are awful places. Nobody is going to be clamoring to scab these jobs if the usual workers are too scared or sick to show up.

#12589 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:I'm sure they will do a deep cleaning and open back up, if those workers refuse, hire ones that will. Of course safety measures need to be increased like masks and partitions. It is doable!!

You don’t care because you don’t work in a meat plant.

It’s “doable.” But the whole point of this order is they now don’t really have to do anything, and now they’ll be shielded from liability after they kill their workers.

It’s really awful. These companies were barely doing jack shit to protect their workers before, what makes you think they’ll step it up now that there’s an executive order with zero teeth as far as safety forcing them to stay open?

#12595 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

What would you do with all the heads of cattle in the que ready for processing? This industry runs on a clock and needs to move along.

You kill them. Pigs, chickens, cows are bring killed because there is nowhere to process them.

Pig farmers are putting their hogs on diet feed so they take longer to fatten up.

The other answer is to order the plants to stay open regardless of cost or what you have to do to keep them staffed. I wonder if we'll see prison labor used.

#12620 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

...says the gentleman living in a small apartment in NYC.

100 percent of people on earth would rather spend a day in my 4-room apartment in NYC than the killing floor of a hog plant. You've posted some doozies in this thread but this one takes the cake.

#12645 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We did it. One day before the end of the month.
61,669 deaths.
1,064,572 total cases.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
OK. How many more will die by May 15? I'm going to say an average of 1500 per day. That would be another 22,500 people. The would put us at 84,000 dead.
[quoted image]

It's pretty morbid to speculate on, but since we don't have sports...

I'd say your assessment is correct. As states like New York decline I think we may see some others creep up.

#12667 3 years ago

April wasn’t so hot.

Maybe May will be better!

#12680 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

There's some good sh#it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusMemes/

I like this one!
[quoted image]

Finally a funny corona meme!

#12681 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I'm looking forward to the day my wife and I can return to NYC and meet you, Levi.

I’m looking forward to it also. Nycpc 2021?

#12682 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m returning from a short business trip, the hotel experience was a lot better than anticipated. I booked the room through an app with my credit card linked to it. There was no handing a CC or DL. I just told them my last name at check in and I used my phone as my door key. The hotel was at 15% capacity and all rooms sit empty for 5 days before it is occupied again. Obviously no room service, pool, gym, breakfast etc. Extremely boring but I did feel fairly safe.

I’d love to go stay with my folks in Florida as there are rumblings we won’t return to the office til October. My parents say great, all you gotta do is self-quarantine in a hotel for
2 weeks once we get down to Florida. Seems like that would be tough to pull off with no room service!

Really just a fantasy it’s probably not gonna happen. But we have some other friends who might have a huge empty house down there at the end of May, we might consider that.

#12745 3 years ago

I see we are back to the ole “shitting on the sidewalks in NY / CA” routine. Some greatest hits never get old, right?

Since you seem deeply concerned about the welfare of New Yorkers, I’ll tell you “WTF.”

WTF is that there’s an unprecedented health crisis in nyc, tens of thousands have died, and one of the countless by products of this crisis is more and more homeless people are camping out on Subways at the same time as MTA workers are getting sick and dying, and general ridership is down 90 percent.

So it’s kind of a shitshow, pardon the pun. Not sure if you noticed but this isn’t exactly normal times around here. The subways have always been “cleaned all along” but these are unprecedented times in 2020.

Thanks for your concern though. I’m sure we’ll straighten things out ASAP.

#12773 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's a very interesting article about how Seattle handled the situation so much better than New York. They both got hit with their first cases around the same time, but Seattle almost immediately allowed their scientists and doctors to take the lead ...
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/05/04/seattles-leaders-let-scientists-take-the-lead-new-yorks-did-not

Yes, you gotta follow science. I was pretty dismayed when NYC bars, restaurants, theaters etc. were open the weekend after the shit hit the fan and we all knew what was going on (Thanks TOm Hanks and the entire NBA!). New York state / city has done better than some but worse than others, including Washington and Ohio.

Science also helping out in the murky waters of finding effective treatment. Some good news from Fauci this week about a promising drug that can help with treatment. It's not a "miracle cure" and "game changer" but sometimes the truth is more effective than hype when the drug in question actually helps.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/01/anthony-fauci-did-five-minutes-what-trump-failed-do-weeks/

#12828 3 years ago

These people are absolutely insane, and they are being used (as usual) by various special interests that don’t give a shit about them.

Embarrassing and sad.

Anyway, it’s an absolutely GORGEOUS day outside. I’m off to flip over police cars and burn mailboxes until they reopen the Hard Rock Cafe In Times Square.

Did you know they have the script to Demolition Man in there?!!! THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE WATERED!!!

#12832 3 years ago

Wow it’s nice out today.

Look at this living hell we are enduring!! We need to riot!!!

DFF30B53-C191-4990-9C0A-B9D3FAAF2604 (resized).jpegDFF30B53-C191-4990-9C0A-B9D3FAAF2604 (resized).jpeg
#12868 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For those not the youngest or in the best shape, this should help at least somewhat put your minds at ease.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/us/woman-101-beat-coronavirus-trnd/index.html
[quoted image]

Good for her. She’s probably been smoking pall malls for 85 years.

Some people beat the odds.

#12883 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've heard of retail stores doing curb-side pick-up.

I met a guy today to buy guitar strings. It was awesome to be in a store again.

He lifted the gate and let me in, we both had masks on, it was fine. Had a really nice chat about guitars and pinball and I was able to buy some odds and ends locally instead of waiting for it from Guitar Center. This is a boutique model that isn't going to apply many places, but hey whatever. Just pointing out I pulled off a retail transaction at a store in the heart of Coronaville.

I wonder if we were violating the Gov's order?

Man he had some gorgeous guitars in there. If anybody is looking for a MINT 1971 Gibson SG (awesome guitar the last of the good ones in the 70s) this guy has one for a good price, $3800.

#12884 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So many guidelines and it doesn't sound like there won't be a strict rule on enforcement of them. Every man for himself seems to be the approach?

It's been "every man for himself" since the day this started here in the USA. Not sure why this phase - the "let's pretend it's over and start acting like it's over" phase - would be any different.

America 2020: Yer On Your Own Sucka!

That would be a great campaign slogan.

#12913 3 years ago

Damn they better get in more of that Tender Flavorful Meat!

#12932 3 years ago

Of the restaurants I visited in the couple of weeks after lockdown started, they all said it was really slow and looked really worried. Neighbored Thai and Mexican places. Most places closed within a week of lockdown.

When I visit now and ask, they say business is picking up. In addition some of the restaurants that were closed have reopened, including the Chinese joint which is great because they are ALL closed and I haven’t had an egg roll in 2 months.

I think people were just freaked out and afraid to get takeout but that’s changing. Plus we are all sick of doing dishes.

#12947 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And we are supporting many of our local drive thrus. From Filet O Fish Friday to my buddy stopping at Fantasy Burger on the way up today. I even did Burger King breakfast croissants a few days ago. Those sure are greasy yummy treats.
No worries. See, I'm not quite 60 yet and that is when they told me to start worrying.
Cheers!

You seem to be thriving on this salt, eggs, cheese, and lard diet!

Show us the way!

#12988 3 years ago

That’s America 2020:

Smear the whistleblowers. Lie. Do whatever it takes to blame others. Deny responsibility. Protect your “company” at all costs. Never admit fault. Nothing but happy talk.

I really wonder if Americans are getting tired of this.

#13055 3 years ago

What’s funny to me is how every time you post one of these dumb lists, covid deaths rank WAY higher than the last time you did it.

Looks like we are about to blow right past Diabetes! Next target, Alzheimer’s! We should bury that one in a few weeks. I know we can do it! I mean seriously. Is there anybody who doubts we will do it?

Please keep posting these. It’s like the sports pages now. And it’s helpful in reminding us all how bad the situation is, and what a total historic disaster we are living through.

Remember back in those days when the go-to was car crash deaths? We are about to double car crash deaths now . I miss those quaint days when 38,000 car crash deaths a year was some kind of gold standard for how we are all blowing this out of proportion.

#13065 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Thought I'd share this experience from last night.
Went to fill up gas at the local 7-11. Their card readers outside were not working so begrudgingly I put on my mask and sprayed aone lysol on a hand rag and proceeded to go inside.
On the way in I noticed a corporate sticker on the door stating 6 feet rule and also asking to use masks for "safety of their employees." - I was rather pleased to read that.
I then proceeded to hand the 55 ish year old man my card and when he gave it back I use my lysol rag to retrieve it.
The attendant then remarks " are you going to come in with a hazmat suit on next week?" And chuckled in his own self amusement.
I explained my family is high risk and I have to help them move to which he tells me " you need to check your news sources: this is just the flu."
I replied "More people dead than Vietnam buddy.." to which he doubled down and just started walking away and yelling "it's just the fluuuu!"
Anyway. Called corporate hotline and explained how they had a covidiot spreading his own personal agenda and mocking people for taking precautions.
I dont ever wish someone's livelihood challenged but fuck that guy completely and I hope he lost his job.

Yeah well there’s a reason that guy is working at 7-11.

#13070 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

This kind of reminds me of Truck Stop. "Next stop, Chicago!"

Red and Ted’s Corona Show

#13074 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know how many of you are wearing gloves when you do your errands. I've been wearing gloves every time I go someplace where I'll be touching stuff (i.e. grocery store, post office, gas pump, etc...). I also wear gloves when I am sorting through the mail or unboxing packages. I realize that the virus can't be spread through skin absorption, but I find that the gloves help remind me not touch my face. I also feel like once I take the gloves off, there is less potential virus on my hands. Obviously, I still thoroughly sanitize/wash them after.

I find gloves to be pretty pointless, unless you are gonna put on a new pair every few minutes and throw the old ones out.

My hands already have gloves - it’s called skin!

Gloves don’t accomplish anything that frequent sanitizing doesn’t, for me. I haven’t had much trouble with the face touching thing I don’t need gloves to remind me not to do it.

I do understand that isn’t the case for everyone, so gloves make sense there for some.

#13121 3 years ago

having trouble comprehending that we still have to have these covid-vs-flu conversations.

Losing faith in humanity.

#13125 3 years ago

People just want this to all be over so bad, they’ll say or believe anything.

I want it to be over too. Bad. I also fantasize about maybe I’ll get To see Judas Priest in September (I got front row tickets baby!) or that I’ll go to a pinball tournament in November.

And fantasizing about that is safe. And fun. And a diversion. Sometimes I even picture it, me headbanging in the front row with my pals stoned out of my gourd rocking the fuck out. Getting lost in these thoughts provides a brief respite some times.

The key is to not let it spill over into delusion or complete metal denial. A lot of people are still there, in Denial Valley.

Looks, Denial Valley is a nice place to visit this time of year, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

#13140 3 years ago

I'll take the opinion of two doctors over that of one idiot.

And how are the models "bullshit?" Not sure if you noticed, but this isn't over yet.

2,400 Americans died of this today.

#13160 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

To the Just Flu'ers - The CDC flu mortality numbers are estimates, not reported flu deaths. In the last 6 flu seasons the actual Reported Flu Deaths have ranged from 3,448-15,620. CDC then takes that yearly number and runs it through an algorithm to come up with the Estimated Flu Deaths that occurred for the year. Thats where the 60,000 number comes from.
The Covid death number is a Reported number. It will be adjusted upwards at a later date. But 72,000 Reported deaths in 3 months is huge - it is a national emergency and fully warrants a vigorous response - more vigorous than what has been enacted. Comparing the Reported number of Covid deaths to the Estimated flu deaths number is not useful. Of course, it's not useful anyway because <drumroll>.......Covid is not Flu.
I suggest that comparing the Estimated Flu Death number for a year to the Reported Covid-19 death number for 3 months is purposely misleading, dangerous, and possibly criminal.
But for you hardcore Flu Enthusiasts - I suggest you read this article (was posted previously by someone, but some people have obviously not read it):
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/comparing-covid-19-deaths-to-flu-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/

You are gonna have to post this in meme form if you expect anybody to pay attention to it.

If it can't fit in a meme?

IT"S FAKE NEWS!!!!

#13164 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps the CDC purposely gives inflated flu death estimates in order to encourage more people to get a flu shot each year.

The give us free cookies at work to incentivize the flu shot, that's enough for me.

#13172 3 years ago

Now we are at 70,000 dead in early May. I would say 100,000 dead by August is a near certainty. So, how are people still posting a meme about projections being wrong?

Well, the genius of pathological meme posting is that memes require no research, don't have to be true, can be flat out lies or deception, can dumb down the most complicated thing to the simplest banality...

Basically, if the meme conforms in any way with your world view, you just post it and snicker. People are posting these ridiculous, worthless memes because it's easier than trying to express a view that may or may not have any credibility to it, and you don't even have to think. And when you get called out for your dumb meme's complete lack of value, well, hey, I didn't type that! Just posting an "interesting" meme! It really works out for the uninformed and unaccountable.

Don't expect it to stop any time soon. After all, we don't ban cars because 38,000 people a year die in the US in auto accidents do we?!?!

Oh wait, 75,000 are dead now in only two months?

Ok, well...Diabetes! Thanks, meme! And when we pass Diabetes deaths in a matter of days (83,000 deaths)...well, have I got an Alzheimer's meme you are gonna LOVE!

#13177 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

There are a lot of shady grifters coming out the woodwork to take advantage of the COVID-19 situation and make outlandish promises that they can't ultimately deliver on.

Oh well, at least that keeps them out of NIB pinball for the time being.
In other news: Stay tuned to see the 9 different models of N95 respirator masks Deeproot has promised to show by November 2020!

N95s are easy.

#13222 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Downvoted as soon as I read this, it’s a hysterical strawman argument. Literally nobody here has said this.

Yeah, it never ends.

“The media has convinced the sheep it’s the end of the world!!”

Nobody is saying it’s the end of the world.

“We can’t just shut down the country for five years!”

Nobody is saying we need to shut down the country for five years.

“The media is hysterical, saying it’s the end of the world and we need to destroy the economy to save a few lives!”

Ya da ya da ya da.

Yes, there are some hysterical drama queens when it comes to Covid. I’ll let you figure out who they are.

#13233 3 years ago

Someone posted a meme today claiming that the economy was shut down "due to models that turned out to be wrong."

Well, here's a little background on the "models" being justified to reopen the country. Scary stuff.

https://slate.com/business/2020/05/trump-models-coronavirus-dumb.html

#13248 3 years ago

I love how the Fauci smearing pops up every two weeks like clockwork. Is it working? Last I checked he still has almost double the approval rating of other folks involved in the response.

Meanwhile we are now smearing nurses also. Apparently they are lying about problems getting PPE for some reason.

Nurses are fake news!!!

#13262 3 years ago

Smart businesses will mandate PPE and social distancing even after the government guidelines relax to protect themselves from liability.

Seems like there will be no government guidelines.

It’s every man woman and child
For themself!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/05/07/report-trump-administration-rejected-cdc-guide-for-reopening-restaurants-public-places/

1,008 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 2 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/2?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.