272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 576.
#14900 3 years ago
FB_IMG_15874895679421 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_15874895679421 (resized).jpg
#14901 3 years ago

I don't kid myself that wearing a mask is bulletproof. Its not. I wear a mask out of respect for others and its as simple as that.

#14902 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

... and no we do not all agree that face masks save lives ... If I am in a place that requires masks I will wear one. I probably wont try and go back there anytime soon. But if no face mask is required no face mask for me hurray for freedom!

So I have a question for you. It's clear that you are firmly entrenched in the anti-mask camp, but if you were to hypothetically wake up one day with a fever and a cough, would you still refuse to wear a mask in public unless you were forced to?

#14903 3 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned here but all of Minneapolis public areas required to wear masks starting this week and Saint Paul area requirements start June 1st.

#14904 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't kid myself that wearing a mask is bulletproof. Its not. But I wear a mask out of respect for others and its as simple as that.

Plus there is that small window (between catching and showing signs) where you might not even know if you have it or not.

My ma is in her 70's and wears one all the time while going out but she started to get a headache after a few hours just reminded her to take breaks and find a safe area to take off for a little bit.

#14905 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Not sure if this was mentioned here but all of Minneapolis public areas required to wear masks starting this week and Saint Paul area requirements start June 1st.

To walk around outside by yourself you have to wear a mask now??

#14906 3 years ago

More science based info for those that are into that sort of thing. Confirms that masks help, but higher performance masks are needed to protect against the smaller particles. Mask performance is better on the exhale.

Confirming that if you care about the effect you may have on others’ health you should wear a mask.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30245-9/fulltext

#14907 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

For our local circumstance we have been advised (asked) not to wear masks. We should only be wearing masks here if needed. Health workers etc. need them, and we are asked to wear a mask if we have any questionable symptoms such as coughs etc. We have been asked not to wear them if there is no reason to.

I have to back this up , but I do think it's different for other countries and different areas . Over here we are told don't wear a mask , we haven't had that many cases , and deaths are low compared to other countries , but I do find it weird how we are all told different things . I guess we are lucky because of a low number of infections or we have a weaker strain of the virus . Besides restaurants , pubs , massage parlours , nail salons and other business everything else has been open and nobody has been wearing masks . I think the key has been , we locked down from overseas travel earlier than some other countries . My guess is we are an island nation , because like New Zealand we have closed the borders to international travellers and that been the key to minimising the spread of the virus .

#14908 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So I have a question for you. It's clear that you are firmly entrenched in the anti-mask camp, but if you were to hypothetically wake up one day with a fever and a cough, would you still refuse to wear a mask in public unless you were forced to?

No for sure man. If I was feeling or showing symptoms I would stay out of public. And if I had to go out I would wear a mask. But yes I am not willing to wear one for the hell of it.

#14909 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

If I was feeling or showing symptoms I would stay out of public. And if I had to go out I would wear a mask. But yes I am not willing to wear one for the hell of it.

I figured this would be your answer. You are a good person at your core, thus you acknowledge that you would wear a mask if you were showing symptoms in order to minimize the risk of getting others sick. But since we know for a fact that people who are asymptomatic can also spread the virus, wouldn't it be prudent to wear a mask any time you are in public just in case?

#14910 3 years ago

It‘s a simple thing: If everybody wears a mask, everybody protects each other. If you don’t wear a mask when somebody is near you, without a medical condition that forbids it, you are in my eyes a selfish assh.....And if you wear a mask and nobody is near you, I will think you are stupid.

#14911 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I figured this would be your answer. You are a good person at your core, thus you acknowledge that you would wear a mask if you were showing symptoms in order to minimize the risk of getting others sick. But since we know for a fact that people who are asymptomatic can also spread the virus, wouldn't it be prudent to wear a mask any time you are in public just in case?

Nope

#14912 3 years ago

Explain to me your logic behind this response. Do you not agree that the virus can be transmitted by people who are not showing any symptoms?

#14913 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They mostly call out places of business and specific inside buildings including the sky way system.

Since Minneapolis is making national news I'm just going to stay on the east side of the cities for now....

#14914 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It‘s a simple thing: If everybody wears a mask, everybody protects each other. If you don’t wear a mask when somebody is near you, without a medical condition that forbids it, you are in my eyes a selfish assh.....And if you wear a mask and nobody is near you, I will think you are stupid.

Seeing as though you are not American. I know you would never understand. And I am pleased that your opinion makes me a selfish ass. Cool i really don't give a fuck about your opinion

#14915 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Seeing as though you are not American. I know you would never understand.

See that's the thing I find incredibly frustrating. How does one's nationality have anything to do with whether or not it is appropriate to wear a mask? The virus doesn't give a shit if you are American, German, Australian, etc ...

#14916 3 years ago

Having traveled around the Midwest the last few weeks, the only place where I saw a majority of people wearing masks is my area, N Illinois. Everywhere else I’d estimate there was 10-20% of people wearing masks. With some areas that literally nobody was wearing one.

#14917 3 years ago

This whole mask debate is a huge embarrassment for America.

Like...this is a once in a lifetime low point.

The world is pointing and laughing at us. It’s sad.

#14918 3 years ago

One thing I dont understand is this “sheep” talk. If I choose to wear a mask in public, thats my choice and nobodys making me do it.
I do have two family members fighting cancer right now so I need to take every precaution when Im out around other people. Call me a sheep for trying to protect my family and things might get ugly.
Some folks want to think wearing a mask is a sign of weakness or liberalism of some sort,
I assure you that is not the case.

#14919 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, New York is the national embarrassment. Especially Cuomo and De Blasio. Oh and AOC how could I forget her she is amazing

#14920 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Having traveled around the Midwest the last few weeks, the only place where I saw a majority of people wearing masks is my area, N Illinois. Everywhere else I’d estimate there was 10-20% of people wearing masks. With some areas that literally nobody was wearing one.

Same here ...not at all confident the west can get past our selfishness and ignorance

#14921 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The world is pointing and laughing at us. It’s sad.

I couldn't agree more. We really look bad right now in the eyes of the world. Is there any other place on the planet where the virus has become so politicized?

#14922 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know other countries are very keen on cleanliness. It's somewhat embarrassing to see all these gloves and masks laying around in parking lots and on street curbs. Unfortunately they will work their way into our ecosystem and oceans. I don't consider myself an environmentalist but I don't throw my trash wherever. Just stuff that s*** in those awkward crevasses of your car door where nothing else logically fits and throw it out once a week. That's what I do with the extras from all the poor dietary choices I make in the drive thru.

#14923 3 years ago

Open invitation to anyone that does not believe masks work.

I challenge you to a spitting contest. You wear the worthless mask and I don’t.

Back to back, 3 paces, turn and spit. Tobacco allowed.

#14924 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

They mostly call out places of business and specific inside buildings including the sky way system.
Since Minneapolis is making national news I'm just going to stay on the east side of the cities for now....

I understand thanks!

#14925 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I don't consider myself an environmentalist but I don't throw my trash wherever. Just stuff that s*** in those awkward crevasses of your car door where nothing else logically fits and throw it out once a week.

I've been keeping a paper shopping bag in my back seat specifically for this purpose. As soon as I leave a store and get back to my car, I toss the dirty gloves in the bag.

#14926 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

We've managed to exist as a species for thousands of years without masks. I can see them being useful for this particular time and illness and I'll wear them wheen necessary now, but after covid is resolved I'm not going to go full time wearing masks anytime I have a cold or flu. I strongly feel that continually shielding oneself from bugs ultimately results in a weakened, inefficient immune system. I definitely feel we need to do everything we can now to protect the immunicompromised from Covid, but full-on, permanent changes in lifestyle to hide from the next bug? No thanks.

#14927 3 years ago

I have to have a chat with my daughter in law.
The worst social distancer ever. I love her to pieces but the conversation i will have this weekend will be a serious one.

#14928 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Open invitation to anyone that does not believe masks work.
I challenge you to a spitting contest. You wear the worthless mask and I don’t.
Back to back, 3 paces, turn and spit. Tobacco allowed.

How about a farting contest? Preloading with White Castles or Krystals is permitted. We'll see how good your mask works!

#14929 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

National news? . Minneapolis is making news on the other side of the planet man.

I seen riots with a multi story building burning like a lantern on regular australian news. ?

Also some violent demonstration in other states?

What's with the fuzz there turning the phrase "cop killer" on it's head?

At a time like this?

They didn't appear to be physical distancing or wearing masks either ...

#14930 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No, New York is the national embarrassment. Especially Cuomo and De Blasio. Oh and AOC how could I forget her she is amazing

Cute.

I’m starting to wonder if you are lying about the whole “I’ll wear a mask if they order me to” business. You don’t really seem to give a shit about any of your fellow Americans, and your primary focus seems to be in politicizing a public health crisis, and pretending science isn’t real to aid in scoring bumper sticker debate points rather than protecting your country.

A national embarrassment. History is going to be very unkind to us. We had a huge test, we had months to study for it, and yet we failed miserably.

#14931 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

And I am pleased that your opinion makes me a selfish ass.

I know my opinion means squat and all, but I think you have this covered all on your own, no foreigner’s opinion necessary...

#14932 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Thankful I don't have anyone in a NY nursing home!

#14933 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Starting Friday in Virginia, if I understood the rule, people are required to wear a mask when inside public buildings.

#14934 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Thankful I don't have anyone in a NY nursing home!

My version:

“thankful I don’t have anyone in a nursing home”

#14935 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I love when people like many of you try to say shit to me in public for not being a sheep

This here is a Freedom sheep. He wants to know when the bus leaves for the protest.

A2A04AFC-BE71-45C1-8C06-291F324A3594 (resized).pngA2A04AFC-BE71-45C1-8C06-291F324A3594 (resized).png

#14936 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No for sure man. If I was feeling or showing symptoms I would stay out of public. And if I had to go out I would wear a mask. But yes I am not willing to wear one for the hell of it.

Quoted from srmonte:

Quoted from srmonte:

Seeing as though you are not American. I know you would never understand. And I am pleased that your opinion makes me a selfish ass. Cool i really don't give a fuck about your opinion

Now I understand where all these posts stem from. Not wanting to wear a mask or a helmet...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask/page/7#post-5506168

#14937 3 years ago

Feeling guilty about your kids watching too much tv?

Just mute it and put the subtitles on.

Boom! Now they are reading.

#14938 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We've managed to exist as a species for thousands of years without masks. I can see them being useful for this particular time and illness and I'll wear them wheen necessary now, but after covid is resolved I'm not going to go full time wearing masks anytime I have a cold or flu. I strongly feel that continually shielding oneself from bugs ultimately results in a weakened, inefficient immune system. I definitely feel we need to do everything we can now to protect the immunicompromised from Covid, but full-on, permanent changes in lifestyle to hide from the next bug? No thanks.

Please don‘t misunderstand me. I am against official regulations. I am a very liberal person. I am also against vaccination requirement. I would use a vaccine but Everybody should have the right to decide for themself.
In 2019 25K died in Germany in a bad wave of the flu, never thought about It before. But now I think in times when something like this happens, of when I feeling ill, I will wear a mask in the future eben if there is no More Covid around.

#14940 3 years ago

Gloves. I don't get them but they seem to be common in the US? Just seems like a hassle to me to take gloves on/off. Are people wearing them as a reminder?

Why not just use hand sanitiser? Every business here has it when you walk in, people have it in their cars and my office has got it all over the place (though not many people are around to use it).

#14941 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Now I understand where all these posts stem from. Not wanting to wear a mask or a helmet...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask/page/7#post-5506168

I wonder if he wears a helmet now after being "almost dead" from an accident and that he's learned a lesson.
------
Two people are standing at the pearly gates looking back at their lives. The first, looks to the second and says "why do you always take the difficult path?" The second guy replies "Why do you assume a see another way"

#14942 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Gloves. I don't get them but they seem to be common in the US? Just seems like a hassle to me to take gloves on/off. Are people wearing them as a reminder?
Why not just use hand sanitiser? Every business here has it when you walk in, people have it in their cars and my office has got it all over the place (though not many people are around to use it).

I'm all in on team no-glove. They seem absolutely pointless.

My hands already have gloves, made out of skin. It's easier, cheaper, more eco-friendly, and just as effective to frequently wash/sanitize by hands rather than go through 10 pairs of blue gloves a day.

The most frequent rationale I hear is "yeah but it keeps me from touching my face." That's fine, makes sense if you are a chronic face toucher but I've actually been able to stay away from that without much trouble. I've already started conditioning myself to that after getting deathly ill after some pinball tournaments over the past few years.

#14943 3 years ago

Wisconsin having a surge in new cases two weeks after their supreme court abruptly re-opened things:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-reports-record-number-coronavirus-160959549.html

#14944 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

go through 10 pairs of blue gloves a day.

A year from now people will look at these blue gloves like plastic straws. They're tossed in parking lots and littered all over the place.

Tim Hortons would run a Roll up the Rim contest in march, and sure enough every year you'd see the cups littered throughout the city more often. It's almost like people are so disappointed by a loosing cup they just toss it on the ground instead of putting it into recycling. This year they did it online and I didnt notice the increase in trash. Hopefully people will become more aware of their waste through this.

#14945 3 years ago

You know what else keeps you from touching your face? A mask. Though I suspect there isnt anyone wearing gloves that isnt wearing a mask also

#14946 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Why not just use hand sanitiser?

I discontinued using hand sanitizer and antibacterial soaps many, many years ago. It kills both the good bacteria on our skin along with the bad and can weaken or harm your immune system. The Food and Drug Administration acknowledges that hand sanitizer is not a replacement for regular hand washing.

That said, in our new world of Covid-19, I'm glad to see it available and encourage its use when it seems appropriate.

#14947 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Yes sir, Mr. President.

#14948 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wisconsin having a surge in new cases two weeks after their supreme court abruptly re-opened things:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-reports-record-number-coronavirus-160959549.html

Sample bias. They also had the largest day of total tests performed.

It would be one thing if we were sure that all of the possible cases were being found every day, but we all know this is obviously not true. Of COURSE the case counts are going to be higher now. They have drive-through testing widely available now, just in the past 2 weeks.

#14949 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

You know what else keeps you from touching your face? A mask. Though I suspect there isnt anyone wearing gloves that isnt wearing a mask also

Not true in all cases. My wife watched me one day when I went over to help an older couple set up their pc with Zoom. We were all wearing masks. When we got home she said she has never seen me touch my face so much. Said I was constantly lifting up the mask to scratch under it. And so was the older couple. Apparently we did't even realize we were doing it.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/299?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.