272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 576.
#14800 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Please provide the "proof" you have of this.

I have a close friend who has admitted to me that her hospital staff has been encouraged to code all deaths involving patients who have tested positive for the sars-cov-2 virus post-motem as "COVID-19" deaths. Of course, it's hearsay. So take that for what it's worth I guess.

#14801 3 years ago

In 48hrs we can have groups of up to 100 people, Pinball gatherings will be happening this long weekend!

#14802 3 years ago

My neighbor got tested for the virus 4 times, all came up negative. She ended up on a vent but is now home and doing okay. Eventually she did test positive for the anti-bodies.

#14803 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

In a few years it will be relatively easy to ballpark the dead simply by looking at average expected deaths vs. actual reported deaths. Of course, I am sure by then there will be another conspiracy about how those extra deaths were really not ever actually living people, just squirrels in suits that decided they really wanted to go live in the parks again or some other such nonsense.

The kind of analysis I was referring to will produce a chart like this (note this is preliminary analysis/data):

1762D30C-FAED-42D3-93FC-B94D90C8ED3B.jpeg1762D30C-FAED-42D3-93FC-B94D90C8ED3B.jpeg
#14804 3 years ago

Almost 1000 pounds of dead weight already removed later and I got me an urban guerrilla Jeep that made it home. And no rust. Welcome back to the 90s folks.
DSCN6957 (resized).JPGDSCN6957 (resized).JPG

#14805 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Looks like someone's attempt to pour an Orval. She is a fickle mistress, but when done properly you get to experience what may be the greatest beer on the planet.

Thanks beergut666
I'm mostly lost when it comes to ale so I was paying attention when you made the above comment. Not easy to find in my area but I finally scored some today from a limited supply.

I'm still searching for Grain Belt, my childhood beer, but there is zero in Colorado. Anyone?

20200526_151533 (resized).jpg20200526_151533 (resized).jpg
#14806 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have a close friend who has admitted to me that her hospital staff has been encouraged to code all deaths involving patients who have tested positive for the sars-cov-2 virus post-motem as "COVID-19" deaths. Of course, it's hearsay. So take that for what it's worth I guess.

Again, if a patient has a syndrome similar to COVID and tests positive post-mortem than that should be listed as a COVID death on the death certificate. On the other hand, if you have someone who dies in a car wreck and is somehow tested for COVID then that patient should not be coded as a COVID death.

Also, don’t confuse how a death certificate is done and a “code” which is a billing term. You don’t code a death. When you submit a bill for a service you are allowed to list up to four diagnosis codes which are then used to determine payment. So, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if administrators were telling physicians to make sure they capture the COVID code as one of the four billed codes in a positive patient.

#14807 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Freedom foundation?
It’s amazing what people think qualifies as “news links” around here.
They are a self-described biased political "think tank." Their “about us” statement would get them banned from this thread.
Not a news source. I'm inclined to agree with Gov. Inslee's take on them. ANd mind you this from the "Bullshit Foundation's" own web site:
"When asked about the Foundation’s report at a press conference Monday, Gov. Jay Inslee dismissed it as “dangerous,” “disgusting” and “malarkey.” He further accused the Freedom Foundation of “fanning these conspiracy claims from the planet Pluto” and not caring about the lives lost to COVID-19."

Any source which does not conform with propogating the right information is a fake news source.

Of course.

The system can not work any other way.

#14808 3 years ago
99408279_1706307836185286_2710524787871973376_n (resized).jpg99408279_1706307836185286_2710524787871973376_n (resized).jpg
#14809 3 years ago

After I looked it over this morning and took it down the street and back, I extremely lowballed the dude so I wouldn't be buying it. He took my money anyway. Turns out to be an extremely mechanically solid rig that took me less than 20 minutes to dial in when I got it home. Then we drove it to get more beer and pizza.

Mylar removal almost complete. The sevens stay.
DSCN6958 (resized).JPGDSCN6958 (resized).JPG

#14810 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Any source which does not conform with propogating the right information is a fake news source.

Not necessarily. There are think tanks with decided ‘bias’ that are nevertheless academically rigorous with regard to their research and publications. The Brookings Institute (progressive) and The Cato Institute (libertarian) come to mind. You may disagree with their ideological premises, but they nonetheless present position papers that are intellectually challenging and include meticulously cited source material. That’s not fake news.

But yeah, I still get your point.

#14811 3 years ago

The quarantine has taught me that no one is actually blonde

#14812 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Not necessarily. There are think tanks with decided ‘bias’ that are nevertheless academically rigorous with regard to their research and publications. The Brookings Institute (progressive) and The Cato Institute (libertarian) come to mind. You may disagree with their ideological premises, but they nonetheless present position papers that are intellectually challenging and include meticulously cited source material. That’s not fake news.

True, but it was sarcasm

#14813 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After I looked it over this morning and took it down the street and back, I extremely lowballed the dude so I wouldn't be buying it. He took my money anyway. Turns out to be an extremely mechanically solid rig that took me less than 20 minutes to dial in when I got home. Then we drove it to get more beer and pizza.
Mylar removal almost complete. The sevens stay.[quoted image]

That does not look like the same rig.

There were many years in my life that I would have said, "Hey, take me for a spin." But that was before Paul Walker. Now, I am happy to just take a peek and appreciate the eye candy.

#14814 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What about Mandy Hansen on Deadliest Catch? Her Dad and Mom also looks blonde. (not that she looks great and has tattoos now also).

#14815 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What I have learned is some chicks look hot even while wearing a mask. Perhaps even hotter.

#14816 3 years ago

Sweden approach to Covid-19 (no lockdown) came with a price... 4,125 deaths for a population of only 10 millions.
(as compared to ≈200 and 300 deaths for neighboring countries, Norway and Finland)

Capture d’écran 2020-05-27 à 09.56.29 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-05-27 à 09.56.29 (resized).png
#14817 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sweden approach to Covid-19 (no lockdown) came with a price... 4,125 deaths for a population of only 10 millions.
(as compared to ≈200 and 300 deaths for neighboring countries, Norway and Finland)[quoted image]

So it looks like Australia didn't even make the list?

We have 0.27 deaths in Australia per million, for the entire period. We are up to a total of 101 confirmed cv19 deaths in Australia.

In South Australia pubs and all are allowed to open up with some basic hygiene and physical distancing requirements and restrictions.

#14818 3 years ago

Some good/bad news just came out from all this.

A couple weeks ago I posted on here that the military was called in To help nursing homes with covid outbreaks. Well the military just delivered a report to the provincial government that these homes have horrific living conditions. Just about every negative thing you could imagine is happening from neglect to bugs. People will probably go to jail for the terrible conditions of these homes. It took a military report to open the eyes of the government to these atrocities. Poor living conditions in retirement homes have long been considered the norm. Hopefully thing will improve moving forward.

#14819 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

A couple weeks ago I posted on here that the military was called in To help nursing homes with covid outbreaks. Well the military just delivered a report to the provincial government that these homes have horrific living conditions. Just about every negative thing you could imagine is happening from neglect to bugs. People will probably go to jail for the terrible conditions of these homes. It took a military report to open the eyes of the government to these atrocities. Poor living conditions in retirement homes have long been considered the norm. Hopefully thing will improve moving forward.

Doesn’t your nursing homes have government inspections that they have to pass to continue operating??

#14820 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Pubs and all have opened up with some basic hygiene and physical distancing requirements and restrictions.

Pubs haven't opened up in Vic yet , looking forward to a good pub feed .

#14821 3 years ago

Latest information on mask wearing from the American Medical Association:

“Face masks should be used only by individuals who have symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing, sneezing, or, in some cases, fever. Face masks should also be worn by healthcare workers, by individuals who are taking care of or are in close contact with people who have respiratory infections, or otherwise as directed by a doctor. Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill. Face masks should be reserved for those who need them because masks can be in short supply during periods of widespread respiratory infection. Because N95 respirators require special fit testing, they are not recommended for use by the general public.” (Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA); April 21, 2020 Volume 323, Number 15 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694)

#14822 3 years ago

I had a friend share this on Facebook. Maybe some have seen it. I don't care which side you're on. Just be respectful of others and don't be a dick!

As we start to open up.....you do you, I'll do me. That's what America's about. None of us have the same circumstances (medically high risk child/ family member or a business about to go under, etc.). Let's all stay in our own lanes and keep the judgment down as we begin to reopen. No one should feel pressured either way.
Just a thought... As governors are trying to figure out how to ease back into normal, please remember:

Some people don’t agree with the state opening.... that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people are still planning to stay home.... that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people will be gathering with their church family because to them church is essential.... That's okay. Be kind.

Some are still scared of getting the virus and a second wave happening....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some are sighing with relief to go back to work knowing they may not lose their business or their homes....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some are thankful they can finally have a surgery they have put off....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some will be able to attend interviews after weeks without a job....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some will wear masks for weeks....that’s okay. Be kind.

Some people will rush out to get the hair or nails done.... that’s okay. Be kind.

The point is, everyone has different viewpoints/feelings and that’s okay. Be kind.

We each have a different story. If you need to stay home, stay home. But be kind .

If you need to go out, just respect others when in public and be kind!

Don’t judge fellow humans because you’re not in their story. We all are in different mental states than we were months ago. So remember, be kind.

#14823 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I have learned is some chicks look hot even while wearing a mask. Perhaps even hotter.

That's a holdover from watching, I Dream of Jeannie as a young teen.

#14824 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200527-082223_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200527-082223_1 (resized).png
#14825 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I had a friend share this on Facebook. Maybe some have seen it. I don't care which side you're on. Just be respectful of others and don't be a dick!
As we start to open up.....you do you, I'll do me. That's what America's about. None of us have the same circumstances (medically high risk child/ family member or a business about to go under, etc.). Let's all stay in our own lanes and keep the judgment down as we begin to reopen. No one should feel pressured either way.
Just a thought... As governors are trying to figure out how to ease back into normal, please remember:
Some people will be gathering with their church family because to them church is essential.... That's okay. Be kind.
Some are still scared of getting the virus and a second wave happening....that’s okay. Be kind.
Some are sighing with relief to go back to work knowing they may not lose their business or their homes....that’s okay. Be kind.
Some are thankful they can finally have a surgery they have put off....that’s okay. Be kind.
Some will be able to attend interviews after weeks without a job....that’s okay. Be kind.
Some people will rush out to get the hair or nails done.... that’s okay. Be kind.
The point is, everyone has different viewpoints/feelings and that’s okay. Be kind.
We each have a different story. If you need to stay home, stay home. But be kind .
Don’t judge fellow humans because you’re not in their story. We all are in different mental states than we were months ago. So remember, be kind.

I agree with all of that but there’s only one problem......people in general just aren’t very kind these days. Its sad, but its the world that we live in unfortunately.

#14826 3 years ago

The date on that is March 4. A lot has changed since then. And their Guidance page points to CDC. The info below seems dangerous to distribute.

Quoted from Gott1978:

#14827 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If only the military had taken on that task here.

So many of our fatalities have been in nursing homes. Disappointing thing is that Many nursing homes had cases show up, but almost all of the fatalities came from the couple of homes that for whatever crazy reason kept infected residents Within The Home!? WtF? .... Most homes immediately transferred infected residents to hospital or intensive care, and rigorous Isolation, and they accounted for relatively few fatalities (the majority of homes).

Some horrific stories have come out of our nursing homes here. They manage to keep for the most part opaque and secretive. Similarly sickening stories have recently been coming from the disability sector. Not cv19 related at all, but deaths due to criminal neglect and failing to provide care.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-16/degrading-death-shows-communitys-devaluation-of-disabled-people/12254722

#14828 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

“Face masks should be used only by individuals who have symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing, sneezing, or, in some cases, fever. Face masks should also be worn by healthcare workers, by individuals who are taking care of or are in close contact with people who have respiratory infections, or otherwise as directed by a doctor. Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill. Face masks should be reserved for those who need them because masks can be in short supply during periods of widespread respiratory infection. Because N95 respirators require special fit testing, they are not recommended for use by the general public.” (Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA); April 21, 2020 Volume 323, Number 15 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694)

This guidance was posted early March prior to the proverbial "sh!t" hitting the fan. CDC revised and encouraged mask guidance later at the beginning of April. They were concerned that a large part of the population was asymptomatic and could spread the virus. The latest on effectiveness.

"We now have really clear evidence that wearing masks works -- it's probably a 50% protection against transmission,"
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

I personally don't think wearing/not wearing a mask is a political statement or anything but to ones measure of "risk" and the mitigation there of. In Maryland, you wear a mask going to a business or to work (at least my work). Its sort of an odd reaction to see people get so nuts over having to wear one. I think of it as it being Halloween all year around now which is fine by me

#14829 3 years ago

I had to be out yesterday. From what I am seeing around here people are not going wear a mask unless someone is pointing a gun to their head. Walmart and Kroger employees have their masks on but most customers don't. There is a disconnect.

#14830 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had to be out yesterday. From what I am seeing around here people are not going wear a mask unless someone is pointing a gun to their head. Walmart and Kroger employees have their masks on but most customers don't. There is a disconnect.

The stores are allowed to require customers to wear masks. They are leaving it up to the customers and they choose not to wear them. Be mad at store management, not the customers.

#14831 3 years ago

During my city hike yesterday, I came across a street alcoholic passed out and sprawled along the sidewalk. He was wearing a properly fitted and well crafted cloth mask. Not something I expected to see.
A half a block later as I entered the crosswalk, I walked past a sedan with 5 or 6 college students rocking to their music. None of them were wearing a mask, windows rolled up and they were passing around a hash pipe and sharing it.

The paradox of those two examples has me scratching my head.

#14832 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The stores are allowed to require customers to wear masks. They are leaving it up to the customers and they choose not to wear them. Be mad at store management, not the customers.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#14833 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

Never mind, I see two others have posted my exact thoughts about this article. Too old. Look for a more responsive platform like a website.

#14834 3 years ago

I just don’t get the people that refuse to wear a mask on principle. It’s a little piece of cloth that you wear for 15 minutes while you’re in the store. What’s the big deal?

I’d ask those people the following questions:

Do you wear clothes? Clothes are there to protect you from the sun and the elements. It also hides your naughty bits but really the core reason to wear clothes is to avoid exposure. It’s keeping you safer.

Do you wear a seatbelt? Seatbelt laws are in place to protect you in the case of an accident. It keeps you safer.

Do you follow traffic laws? Those are in place to keep you and those around you safer.

If the above things are not an affront to your constitutional rights then wearing a mask shouldn’t be either. They all keep you and those around you safer.

#14835 3 years ago

I just don’t get the people that refuse to wear a mask on principle. It’s a little piece of cloth that you wear for 15 minutes while you’re in the store. What’s the big deal?
I’d ask those people the following questions:
Do you wear clothes? Clothes are there to protect you from the sun and the elements. It also hides your naughty bits but really the core reason to wear clothes is to avoid exposure. It’s keeping you safer.
Do you wear a seatbelt? Seatbelt laws are in place to protect you in the case of an accident. It keeps you safer.
Do you follow traffic laws? Those are in place to keep you and those around you safer.
If the above things are not an affront to your constitutional rights then wearing a mask shouldn’t be either. They all keep you and those around you safer.

corona-funny-jokes-1011-5ece539600098__700 (resized).jpgcorona-funny-jokes-1011-5ece539600098__700 (resized).jpg
#14836 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

After a security guard gets shot and killed, and another store employee winds up with a broken arm, I can understand where a store may not want to put employees in the line of fire anymore than it has to.

As far as the customers not wearing masks we are getting into the "monkey see monkey do" behavioral attitude of " if The Prez is not going to wear mask then neither am I ". Either wearing mask work or they don't. If they do work, the administration is setting a bad example.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/donald-trump-mask-joe-biden/index.html

I am going to give this the ultimate test here an hour or so. I live one mile from Dole V.A. Regional medical center. That place has been locked down tight since this virus thing started. All gates, save one have been blocked. I need to get some blood drawn for an appointment next week. I'll see how far I get without a mask.

EDIT: I forgot to add that along with The VA closing all of the gates but one, there are also two checkpoints you pass through before you get to go park and go inside.

#14837 3 years ago

Last one...

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#14838 3 years ago

Ah but there is still a subset that disobey this as they would prefer to be 'thrown clear' in the event of an accident!

Likely the same subset that feel wearing a mask is an affront to their constitutional rights.

#14839 3 years ago

Not disagreeing with you here. Not at all. I'm just going to point out that everybody talks about their right to drive. But driving a vehicle is not a right. It is privilege that is earned by getting a driver's license and maintaining liability insurance (which is a legal requirement).

Owning a gun in this country is a 2nd amendment right. Driving a car never made the list.

#14840 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I walked past a sedan with 5 or 6 college students rocking to their music. None of them were wearing a mask ...

I can't explain why, but when I see stuff like this around my house it makes my blood boil. I was out driving with my son yesterday and we drove past a group of 7-8 teenagers that were all just hanging out like the coronavirus never even existed. None of them had masks on, and they were hardly six feet apart. One of the girls was even sitting on the guy's lap. Now don't get me wrong, I completely understand where they are coming from. When I was a teenager I probably would have done the exact same thing. I don't blame the kids. I blame their parents.

#14841 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stopped at the local gas station, no markings or paper postings regarding anything covid. I did not have mask with me. Owner not wearing either. Nothing said. Went to Menards and rent a guard growled at me because I did not have it on when I walked in.
I wore it regardless ....

#14842 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a holdover from watching, I Dream of Jeannie as a young teen.

You mean when I was 6? Yes, she was hot!

#14843 3 years ago

With the warmer weather I've begun exchanging my microfiber neck gator for a 100% cotton bandanna. I can breath much better.
And with the bandanna while talking to the ladies, I can secretly flick my tongue like Gene Simmons at a Kiss concert.

#14844 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Good post. However, I couldn’t help but hearing Dalton’s voice in Roadhouse:

“I want you to be nice. Until it’s time to not be nice”

#14845 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just did a Home Depot and Ace Hardware curbside pickup. Watching people going in and out, it's about 50/50 on the mask wearing. Age and gender didn't seem to make a difference. Employees that brought the items out wore masks and were both very pleasant.

#14846 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can't explain why, but when I see stuff like this around my house it makes my blood boil. I was out driving with my son yesterday and we drove past a group of 7-8 teenagers that were all just hanging out like the coronavirus never even existed. None of them had masks on, and they were hardly six feet apart. One of the girls was even sitting on the guy's lap. Now don't get me wrong, I completely understand where they are coming from. When I was a teenager I probably would have done the exact same thing. I don't blame the kids. I blame their parents.

When I see similar groups I just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they quarantined together for the most part. Social bubbles they're calling it now.

Blood boiling? No reason getting worked up over it. Just protect yourself.

#14847 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just did a Home Depot and Ace Hardware curbside pickup. Watching people going in and out, it's about 50/50 on the mask wearing. Age and gender didn't seem to make a difference. Employees that brought the items out wore masks and were both very pleasant.

Perhaps the no-mask folks have already had the disease? As time goes on we have to realize an increasing number of people will have put this thing behind them. No reason to be overly judgemental. Edit: actually, you're not. Others might be though.

#14849 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Blood boiling? No reason getting worked up over it. Just protect yourself.

I fully acknowledge that my extreme reaction is probably unwarranted, but something about it just really pisses me off. When parents allow their kids to hang out in groups like that, it increases the chance of spread in the neighborhood. I realize that the kids are probably driving them nuts and begging them to hang out with their friends, but show a little backbone for fuck's sake. It's okay to say no. Heck, I have two teenagers of my own and obviously they would love to hang out with their friends, but they both understand that our family is taking this very seriously and that they probably won't be seeing their friends until school resumes at some point.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/297?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.