272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 576.
#14600 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200524-165006~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200524-165006~2 (resized).png
#14602 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Easy. People that usually go to the ER for headaches, tummy aches, hangovers and other bullshit are staying home rather than risking being exposed. Hospitals are spending HUGE amounts of money on PPE that they need, as do other hospitals, so they're getting charged alot more from the PPE providers. Also, hospitals are delaying procedures for some patients, so they're not making money there. Lastly, Covid patients cost more to treat then regular patients, so they're losing money there too.
So less ER patients, less procedures, means some hospitals need less nurses to cover. Furloughs.
My wife is an ER nurse and thankfully hasn't been furloughed, but there are nurses at her hospital who have been.

They (hospitals) are also getting big money back once they label the death as covid. Reimbursement if you will....

#14603 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Dammit who-Dey quit triggering me.
At least you didn’t call it the flu.

Here is what people fail to understand. I am not saying that this is nothing or fake etc. I am saying that it has been overblown by the media and I believe it has been overblown for political reasons.

This virus is real and I don't dispute that and it can be deadly and I dont dispute that either but looking back on it all we shouldn't have shut the country down and crushed our economy. It's the pandemic that never happened basically.

Also as far as people talking about how many people are dying, well it's been proven that they are putting covid 19 on death certificates when it's not true so who knows what the numbers really are? All I know is that I dont see anyone that I know sick or dying. My gf has a friend that died from it but other than that we dont know one person that's had it except possibly me back before they were talking about all of this. I think that I had it, I really do.

I just dont believe that we are in grave danger here. This isn't the Bubonic Plague or the Spanish flu like they are leading you to believe. The real truth is a very very small percentage of people are dying from this.

#14604 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Easy. People that usually go to the ER for headaches, tummy aches, hangovers and other bullshit are staying home rather than risking being exposed. Hospitals are spending HUGE amounts of money on PPE that they need, as do other hospitals, so they're getting charged alot more from the PPE providers. Also, hospitals are delaying procedures for some patients, so they're not making money there. Lastly, Covid patients cost more to treat then regular patients, so they're losing money there too.
So less ER patients, less procedures, means some hospitals need less nurses to cover. Furloughs.
My wife is an ER nurse and thankfully hasn't been furloughed, but there are nurses at her hospital who have been.

Reading this makes me sad, and glad for our healthcare system. The feasibility of saving lives shouldn’t even be a question. I’m not sure Of the intricacies of Canadian hospital billing, but profit is never brought up and I think the only Temporary layoffs were in research labs.

#14605 3 years ago

It’s becoming apparent that some people will continue to spout the party line no matter what the facts say. I recall when we were at 50,000 dead there were people here mocking the projections of 100-200k dead by August. Now that we’re at 100k dead in May they’re still here saying the virus is overblown. That’s just idiotic, nothing that kills 100,000 Americans in three months is overblown.

#14606 3 years ago

The 100k, 140k, and even 240k mortality estimates are all first wave estimates. Doesn’t address undercounts. Only designed to talk about Coronavirus deaths through Summer and even then only if people are taking precautions. Many aren’t. Super spreading events means only a few people have to be careless.

You have to listen carefully to hear that, because well damn, no one wants to hear it.

They are not knowledgeable enough to give a second wave estimate and are hoping on a fast miracle to alter that outcome anyway.

Anybody that thinks 140k is top end is probably way wrong, even if/when a vaccine is available.

D8CFC4D1-AB62-4921-B9AC-3403E64E40DA (resized).jpegD8CFC4D1-AB62-4921-B9AC-3403E64E40DA (resized).jpeg
#14607 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The hospital parking lots are empty and they are laying off nurses in Ohio. Explain that......

Because a vast majority of our medical system is a business and they got shut down just like every where else. No "elective" procedures meant a huge chunk of things that go on at a hospital stopped happening. No procedures, no need for staff.

#14608 3 years ago

It counts

6A7C3980-D31E-4AE3-B89A-8F35B1F41F37 (resized).jpeg6A7C3980-D31E-4AE3-B89A-8F35B1F41F37 (resized).jpeg
#14609 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Happy to be corrected , the news over here was reporting you guys had everything open and had no lockdown laws .
3992 deaths for your population does seem huge considering the numbers in your neighbouring countries .
Norway - 235
Denmark - 561
Finland - 306

That's partly correct, our factory was closed down for five weeks, mainly because lack of parts supply but also for social distancing, our region has been spared so far with 19 death.
There are a few mild laws to keep the spread down but most of whats done is made volunterly, media has done a great job to create head lines about Sweden, the herd immunity thing and that we basically isnt doing anything about the infection.
We have a long time ahead of us to deal with this shit, flatten the curve to help healthcare manage the situation and protect the old and vulnerable is the strategy here but that has shown not to be so easy with the nursing homes.
Hopefully our neighbour countries will do a better job with that, they have all been in some kind of lock down and started to relive the restrictions recently so we are probably a bit further on the curve compared to them and they are about half of our population.
Time will tell but 90% of the Swedes is doing their best to handle this situation and follow the recommendations by the health departement.
On the positive side the urge to improve health has been a wake up call as we se roughly 10x more joggers passing by our house nowadays.

#14610 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

People that are sick or hurt aren't going to the hospitals because they fear they could get Covid. They are staying home instead of seeking treatment.

Bullshit, people arent sick around my area at all. I know a shitload of people and I dont know anyone who has got the coronavirus yet.

#14611 3 years ago

The reality is that this is neither the bubonic plague nor a hoax. I will proceed with caution but still proceed.

#14612 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

People that are sick or hurt aren't going to the hospitals because they fear they could get Covid. They are staying home instead of seeking treatment.

This is a great point being raised. People Not getting treatment for conditions that would usually be minor, if treated, but untreated can lead to premature death. Cancer for example. Death rates will certainly be on the increase due to people not seeking treatment for basic curable ailments, as a result of the fear campaign.

We only have a hundred or so deaths here nationally, but deaths due to lockdown (both direct and indirect) alone are certainly going to outweigh that number by many, many fold.

#14613 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Same thing here, so I will speak from our perspective. Some thoughts.
Nearly the entirety of non covid non emergency medicine got shutdown when the state got shutdown early on.
1) that is a ton of procedures and clinics shutdown. Means there are a ton of doctors and support staff suddenly flowing to emergency and covid care.
2) no one is allowed to visit covid and general visitation was significantly curtailed. So visitor parking was virtually eliminated.
3) No profitable procedures, no money to pay anyone. Low man on totem pole is med assists and nurses. They get shitcanned. Doctors and admin and other support staff took a big haircut.
4) because state shutdown early the surge didn’t happen. Now after all this time, the state is opening up slowly...right as hospitalizations are increasing. We in my family fully expect my wife to be deployed to a covid hospital by end of summer if not sooner.

First post in this thread, and you are spot on. My company is the A/V integration firm for a very large hospital system in the Carolinas...when electives stopped, our census dropped dramatically, as the virus hadn't made it here...yet. 180 out of phase from larger, more densely populated areas.

Systems hemorage cash, and now that the virus has started to settle in here, I can't imagine the upcoming weeks.

It's hard to even imagine that the front line workers in other larger states...our hero's, will also be first in line for layoffs, redeployment, etc. But the fact remains....

No such thing as " new normal", just " new reality" that we face every week.

#14614 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Because a vast majority of our medical system is a business and they got shut down just like every where else. No "elective" procedures meant a huge chunk of things that go on at a hospital stopped happening. No procedures, no need for staff.

Nope you are still wrong because we have these little satellite emergency rooms all around us that are emergency only and they dont do procedures of any kind there and the parking lots are empty. Very very little activity going on at all. If this virus was making everyone sick the parking lots would be full.

#14615 3 years ago
EE819853-039C-45F8-80E0-90E396BAC4EC (resized).jpegEE819853-039C-45F8-80E0-90E396BAC4EC (resized).jpeg
#14616 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

It’s becoming apparent that some people will continue to spout the party line no matter what the facts say. I recall when we were at 50,000 dead there were people here mocking the projections of 100-200k dead by August. Now that we’re at 100k dead in May they’re still here saying the virus is overblown. That’s just idiotic, nothing that kills 100,000 Americans in three months is overblown.

About half of the deaths are in nursing homes. This is affecting mostly older people. They shouldnt have shut the economy down for this. Protect the older people and anyone else at risk and go on with life as normal.

#14617 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bullshit, people arent sick around my area at all. I know a shitload of people and I dont know anyone who has got the coronavirus yet.

Bullshit on you, pal. I know 8 that have caught it, three in one family, three in another, and one is dead. It’s not in your neck of the woods. Awesome. Go to Chuck E. Fucking Cheese if you want. But don’t tell me it’s not bad. And quit spewing OAN bullshit to the rest of us that you don’t know dick about. We’re catching 200 cases a day down here in my neck of the woods. Do you mind if I take this shit seriously? That Ok with you?

#14618 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Do you mind if I take this shit seriously? That Ok with you?

Not at all. I take it serious as well but I'm also smart enough to realize that this was overblown and that the pandemic never came.

#14619 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They (hospitals) are also getting big money back once they label the death as covid. Reimbursement if you will....

Pretty sure this has been debunked as conspiracy nonsense.

Remember when shakes was in here telling us he works for the worlds biggest medical company and can vouch for the fraud they are committing?

Probably not the kind of thing I’d post in public but I guess it’s important to get the truth out there!

#14620 3 years ago

According to some people, these deaths are just a "Grand Conspiracy to Make Voldemort Look Bad"?

UK - 37K
Italy - 33K
Spain - 29K
France - 28K
Brazil - 22K

It would have been an interesting experiment to "split off" into two parallel timelines, one where the world didn't shutdown (schools, workplaces, churches, sports, public gatherings, etc) and one where we did, and then compare the two outcomes.

Oh wait... that's what we're doing now.

What makes you so damn sure Carlisle, Ohio can handle a Coronavirus surge? I can't believe the in-credulousness of some people who continue to think that this is something that's just affecting "old people". Unless you're in your 20s and in pristine health, I wouldn't be so damn cocksure. Turn off Hannity for a few minutes, and go read the testimonials of the ER doctors and nurses who are dealing with this on a day to day basis, and are refuting the myth that this is just killing grandma in the nursing home.

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying of strokes
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

"But it appears as though new data from the CDC shows one in five individuals hospitalized due to COVID-19 are aged 20 to 44. Moreover, about 12 percent of intensive care unit admissions are people 20 to 44."

Coronavirus sickening young adults, children: We are learning 'that everyone is at risk'
https://www.foxnews.com/health/why-young-adults-children-falling-ill-coronavirus

How many ICU hospital beds do you have in Carlisle, Ohio? Around 200 in all of Montgomery County? Did you ever stop to think what happens when those start filling up?

We've essentially hid from the virus for the past 2 to 3 months in the US. The virus hasn't magically disappeared. We could just as easily face the same situation we were facing back in February when we had 15 known cases and zero deaths. Those 15 cases didn't just disappear, as some predicted they would. Instead were here in May with over 1.6 million cases and closing in on 100,000 deaths. I think most experts would agree that the only reason we've seen a decrease in the overall daily death rate is because of our extreme quarantine measures. What do you think the logical outcome of lifting those restrictions will be?

#14621 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

About half of the deaths are in nursing homes. This is affecting mostly older people. They shouldnt have shut the economy down for this. Protect the older people and anyone else at risk and go on with life as normal.

And please explain to me how that could lead to the situation that has been Created now, where share traders and the big end of town stand to make insanely vast amounts of money from stockmarket rises and falls??

At the general expense of general public coffers everywhere.

Must be Fake News

#14622 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

yep..same as that bullshit story floating around about americans going hungry..i was around a shit ton of people today and i did not see one person going hungry

#14623 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Bullshit on you, pal. I know 8 that have caught it, three in one family, three in another, and one is dead. It’s not in your neck of the woods. Awesome. Go to Chuck E. Fucking Cheese if you want. But don’t tell me it’s not bad. And quit spewing OAN bullshit to the rest of us that you don’t know dick about. We’re catching 200 cases a day down here in my neck of the woods. Do you mind if I take this shit seriously? That Ok with you?

If you are at risk stay at home, or take whatever precautions you believe are suitable for your own situation and risks. Don't be imposing your personal standards onto everybody that does not feel any need to observe them, or whom they don't apply to.

#14624 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here is what people fail to understand. I am not saying that this is nothing or fake etc. I am saying that it has been overblown by the media and I believe it has been overblown for political reasons.
This virus is real and I don't dispute that and it can be deadly and I dont dispute that either but looking back on it all we shouldn't have shut the country down and crushed our economy. It's the pandemic that never happened basically.
Also as far as people talking about how many people are dying, well it's been proven that they are putting covid 19 on death certificates when it's not true so who knows what the numbers really are? All I know is that I dont see anyone that I know sick or dying. My gf has a friend that died from it but other than that we dont know one person that's had it except possibly me back before they were talking about all of this. I think that I had it, I really do.
I just dont believe that we are in grave danger here. This isn't the Bubonic Plague or the Spanish flu like they are leading you to believe. The real truth is a very very small percentage of people are dying from this.

How is the media overblowing 100,000 deaths How should they be covering this then? What else do you know of that has killed this many people so quickly in such a short period of time? Just because it hasn’t affected anyone you know (yet) doesnt take away the fact it’s happening. It’s pretty ignorant and close minded thinking.

#14625 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

How is the media overblowing 100,000 deaths How should they be covering this then? What else do you know of that has killed this many people so quickly in such a short period of time? Just because it hasn’t affected anyone you knowing (yet) doesnt take away the fact it’s happening. It’s pretty ignorant and close minded thinking.

There was a hurricane in India proclaimed to be far worse than any viral epidemic by the government there... looked like a fair statement given the vision of the devastation.

Covid is the least of their worries there right now.

#14626 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

3 months later and we are at 100.000 deaths in this country. The last 10,000 deaths took one week.

That (10,000 deaths) is equal to about 3 and one-half large airliners crashing every single day. For 10 days in a row.
That is just ONE week's damage to individuals, families, loved ones, the economy, and our society - here ONLY in the U.S.
And THAT ladies and gentlemen, should stop us all in our tracks.

#14627 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So out of the eight, care to disclose the age of the individual who passed?

And yes that is the point. You take this shit however you want. Just don't dictate to me or others what is best for us. Because clearly you don't know what you are talking about either.

#14628 3 years ago

100,000 deaths is terrible. Pretty sure that there was a death count like this last flu season. And it has come to light that pretty much all deaths are labeled covid now a days " it's the new normal". So once again for those who want to remain quarantine great. But back off on others who want and need to work. Enjoy those doomsday bunkers.

#14629 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anecdotally I've taken two people to the ER in the last month for stuff that has nothing to do with Covid. Also anecdotally I work at a huge workplace with thousand of people and know personally no one who has even had Covid let alone died. Many are teleworking and some are still on-site. The only person I know personally who died this year from virus was due to complications from the annual flu back in February (heck of a nice guy too).

The big difference right now for hospitals is the delay of elective surgery and also the lack of visitors making the parking lots look even more empty. I can tell you that the hospitals here in Central Florida are not crowded with Covid patients. Of course our county has not been a hot spot to say the least; 394 confirmed cases and 11 dead with 600,000+ people. That is 0.065% infected and 0.0018% dead.

#14630 3 years ago

Some of you guys on here should really give Gov Cuomo a call. You can be his face mask and quarantine bouncers and enforcers. And when you guys fuck up you can blame trump

#14631 3 years ago

Just like to point out again the media have been total and complete heroes throughout this entire thing.

The amazing work they’ve done in the face of unprecedented abuse is simply extraordinary.

Carry on!

#14632 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

How is the media overblowing 100,000 deaths How should they be covering this then? What else do you know of that has killed this many people so quickly in such a short period of time? Just because it hasn’t affected anyone you knowing (yet) doesnt take away the fact it’s happening. It’s pretty ignorant and close minded thinking.

I'm not going to argue for hours on end and keep getting downvoted by all of these babies on here. The bottom line is there are a few hot spots but the majority of the country had empty hospital parking lots and nurses are getting laid off. The pandemic that they scared everyone to death with and crushed the greatest economy in the history of this country never happened.

Will it happen? I dont know but it hasnt happened yet and I hope that it doesnt. You do not know how accurate those death numbers are. It is a proven fact that hospitals are lying about Covid 19 deaths to get extra money.

#14633 3 years ago

The partial shutdown has paid off in saved lives. It could have been executed better, could certainly have been earlier in some areas, but it has paid off.

It would pay bigger dividends if the less intensive measures (masks, distancing, hand washing, convincingly telling the public the virus is a serious issue for all) were taken more seriously from the top down, but it has still paid off.

Pretending that it was never a problem, convincing people they shouldn’t have taken it so seriously and we were mistaken for doing so is a reckless and destructive act. It will cost lives and additional economic damage as bodies start piling up again and people retreat (again) from the economy.

#14634 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'd wager China alone has had well over 100k deaths. Not a snowballs chance in hell the country where this started has only had 4600 deaths.

You’re not allowed to say that! When I said that 3 months ago I got bitched at and people freaked out and then I got booted

China also just started round 2 of severe infections and now has over 100 million people locked down but only reported a whopping 3 deaths yesterday! That’s pretty incredible!!!
And guess what? Apparently they had ZERO deaths the day before! Damn China has some magical stuff going on that just makes you stop dying that the rest of the 5.5 billion suckers on the planet haven’t figured out yet!

... or they’re just lying

#14635 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they aren't because this virus has been way overblown by the media and it's not that bad for most people. There are certain groups of people who need to protect themselves but most people can go on with life as they normally would.

I work with a white woman in her early 40s that got Covid, she almost died and has been out from work for 2 months, exhausting all her leave. I know quite a few people that have been really sick and quite a few people that have had acquaintances die from it. Just because it hasn't hit home for you doesn't mean it's overblown, it just means you, your family and friends have been lucky so far.

#14636 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not at all. I take it serious as well but I'm also smart enough to realize that this was overblown and that the pandemic never came.

All out cyber war to promote attitudes like this toward the pandemic in the USA. Divided we fall. It seems to be radicalizing people here, so beware!

About half of Twitter accounts discussing Coronavirus are bots. Most of the anti-shutdown/pandemic denying conspiracy mongering tweets are generated by Russian and Chinese propaganda operations, per the article.

From the article:

“Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% were likely bots

More than 100 types of inaccurate COVID-19 stories were identified by researchers, including misinformation about potential cures and conspiracy theories — such as hospitals being filled with mannequins or the coronavirus being linked to 5G towers. Researchers said bots are also dominating conversations about ending stay-at-home orders and "reopening America."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox5ny.com/news/nearly-half-of-twitter-accounts-discussing-coronavirus-are-likely-bots-researchers-say.amp

#14637 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Taking the V8s out for a run today, Have a great weekend all, enjoying the Freedom and cheap petrol [quoted image][quoted image]

Australia sure can make a great sedan! The weather has been great here. We've been taking advantage of that to get some family drives in on our Holden (old pic)

Screenshot_20200524-222158_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200524-222158_Gallery (resized).jpg
#14638 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sir, remember around the same time you were discouraging mask-use. Things change.

#14639 3 years ago

Basing your beliefs only on what you have seen yourself is going to shrink your world quite a lot. A moderate amount of skepticism is healthy, just don’t let it blind you to the facts. We did go to the moon. Bush didn’t do 9/11. There’s a pandemic, people are dying and it’s not just old people.

#14640 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200520-211200~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200520-211200~2 (resized).png
#14641 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just like to point out again the media have been total and complete heroes throughout this entire thing.
The amazing work they’ve done in the face of unprecedented abuse is simply extraordinary.
Carry on!

Lol, funniest post I have ever read on here.

#14642 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So out of the eight, care to disclose the age of the individual who passed?
And yes that is the point. You take this shit however you want. Just don't dictate to me or others what is best for us. Because clearly you don't know what you are talking about either.

He was 54 and otherwise healthy. He was on a ventilator for 16 days. I don’t know anyone older than 61 that has caught the virus. Sorry it doesn’t fit your narrative, but it’s happened. What now?

#14643 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

100,000 deaths is terrible. Pretty sure that there was a death count like this last flu season.

According to the CDC, 2019-2020 flu season killed about 8,200 Americans. Could you be more wrong? Answer: Negative. Ignore with glee.

#14644 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

the pandemic never came.

Please get off Breitbart long enough to find the definition of “pandemic” on that electronic computer device You are using.

#14645 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

100,000 deaths is terrible. Pretty sure that there was a death count like this last flu season. And it has come to light that pretty much all deaths are labeled covid now a days " it's the new normal". So once again for those who want to remain quarantine great. But back off on others who want and need to work. Enjoy those doomsday bunkers.

Quoted from gambit3113:

According to the CDC, 2019-2020 flu season killed about 8,200 Americans. Could you be more wrong? Answer: Negative. Ignore with glee.

And 2018-2019 season was estimated at around 35000.

So yeah, not the flu.

Also the flu generally doesn’t give you lingering effects. Looking like covid stays with you for awhile.

And the covid death label thing. That is an established and well refuted conspiracy. Tired of repeating myself on that one.

I would love for the totals to be inflated. I would love for the flu to be worse than this. Hell, let’s just say some poindexter forgot the decimal and they really mean 1000.00 deaths. It isn’t true, but That number makes me FEEL much better, so let’s go with that. The virus doesn’t care. It will keep doing what it be doing no matter what you tell yourself so you can sleep at night.

In a few years it will be relatively easy to ballpark the dead simply by looking at average expected deaths vs. actual reported deaths. Of course, I am sure by then there will be another conspiracy about how those extra deaths were really not ever actually living people, just squirrels in suits that decided they really wanted to go live in the parks again or some other such nonsense.

#14646 3 years ago

While ago local news here said a 17 year old just died, and that was the youngest to die in GA from the virus.

They also said he did have other conditions before getting this virus, but not sure if they said what the other conditions were.

I do not personally know, or have heard from anyone that they even know anyone that has caught this. BUT, no matter what I am staying away from everyone else as much as I can. I am trying to do my part.

#14647 3 years ago

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this clip of Jim Nabors doing his final performance of "Back Home Again in Indiana" at the 2014 Indianapolis 500.
RIP Jim, you are surely missed today.

#14648 3 years ago

Another thought to chew on. Let’s pretend the only severe outcomes are for the old and those with preconditions. For the rest of us, it’s just a little flu. So the rest of us keep going on.

How exactly are we supposed to keep those folks safe when the sickness will then be raging like a wildfire all around them? Because of their circumstances they probably see or should see a doctor often. How are they safely going to sit in the waiting rooms? Go back one year, it was a pretty big deal if for example a TB patient came into the clinic and didn’t follow the rules. Have to sterilize everything, Contact people, etc. It’s kinda a “oh shit” moment. And now it would be a daily concern unless we are going to upend our healthcare model by sending docs to patients or having permanently “clean” and “dirty” clinics. What if the docs have covid? Are we going to do moonsuit Monday’s at the nursing homes?

The ones that still want to be working won’t be able to safely work unless you expect all businesses to create clean side and dirty sides. Talk about a major business disruption with that.

What about their relatives? They can’t have contact with these people unless they keep themselves clean too. Goes for any sort of staff or interaction they have (getting food for example).

Also, the old and the preconditioned is a fairly large portion of our society. Add in the people directly around them and you are talking a big bite of the population.

It is easy to say “personal responsibility. Fend for yourself.” But it just isn’t functional if you consider it just a tad more. This thing is too big for people to fight piecemeal unless you are willing to accept the number of victims. Economic or otherwise.

#14649 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is a proven fact that hospitals are lying about Covid 19 deaths to get extra money.

Please provide the "proof" you have of this.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/293?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.