272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 576.
#14550 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I like that green one on the left. What make / model is that?

I don't see any green cars there? ... but where there are 2 pics, the Gold car on the left is a Holden HQ Statesman of the early 70's. Gotta love Aussie muscle cars.

#14551 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I sympathize with your discomfort but a mask is still required.

Yeah I wasn’t talking about me. I was talking about my co workers in the casting plant. If I’m having problems which I can deal with it. What are they going through? I’m having co workers pulling down the mask and coughing in my face. Trying to talk in factory is part lip reading and we are half deaf anyways. I’m just saying until you work in factory and say it’s Not cake walk do not judge! Oh doc thanks for all your input on medic field.

#14552 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cait why do you think people are dumb for wanting their state opened back up so they can go back to work and not be homeless? Let me guess, you do not work and you have a husband that supports you right? People have to work, I dont care if theres a virus going around or not. You cannot shut down the whole damn world like this!

3B7A088D-948E-4D77-8194-5C482B97BCD1 (resized).jpeg3B7A088D-948E-4D77-8194-5C482B97BCD1 (resized).jpeg

Anyone holding a sign with the “WWG1WGA” tag on it, needs people to help protect their mental heath, not physical health.

I’ve read their book. It’s full of conspiracy and leaps of logic that don’t make sense. These are the people that believe the world is ran by a secret cabal of the 13 richest families on the planet. Who are all child molesters that use human trafficking to remain in power. They believe one government leader is talking to them directly by sending secret coded messages through the 8chan Website. That leader is the only person in 2000 years of history with enough power to take down the global elite, and these people holding signs are the frontline warriors. It’s so crazy their book has a chapter on how to make effective memes, that sign maker followed the rules well.

These are the people that think that Alex Jones is calm by comparison.

#14553 3 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

Business started up slowly four weeks ago where I work, but since we are depending on export we are probably pretty screwed anyway.

Happy to be corrected , the news over here was reporting you guys had everything open and had no lockdown laws .
3992 deaths for your population does seem huge considering the numbers in your neighbouring countries .
Norway - 235
Denmark - 561
Finland - 306

#14554 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

We are mandated to wear a mask at work at all times even walking to our cars. The people at work are freaking disgusting anyway in their hygiene habits. People having their pants completely pulled down touching the floor or putting notebooks on the floor while performing #2 Not washing after #2. Who knows what they have brewing.
I'll take a mask over having my lungs turn into a brick any day.

I ain’t wearing the mask for me. I’m wearing cause I care about others!

#14555 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

At what angle should we tilt our heads towards the Sun with an open mouth, to allow as much UV radiation as possible to enter and protect our insides from the virus?

Over here UV is scarier than the coronavirus .

IMG_20200524_192442 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_192442 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_192623 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_192623 (resized).jpg
#14556 3 years ago
69128822_10214903519730076_372652979171360768_o 1 (resized).jpg69128822_10214903519730076_372652979171360768_o 1 (resized).jpg

#14557 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I saw this and had to share. This guy has the whole quarantine figured out![quoted image]

200524_072629_0 (resized).jpeg200524_072629_0 (resized).jpeg
#14558 3 years ago

Sadly I think things are about to get very bad very quickly from what I have been seeing the past few days. Ever since things started opening back up people are acting the the 'worst is behind us" and things are headed back to normal.

As a good many of you already know I am semi retired and sell pinball parts online trying to help people in the hobby and also to make a few extra dollars here & there. Anyway we make a daily run to the Post Office to drop off our packages on the loading dock. Over the past couple months we would typically see 8 or 10 people walking around in town on our way through. Most were wearing masks & practicing social distancing.

This week since our governor lifted some of the restrictions here in Central PA there have been 3 or 4 times as many people walking around in town. Friday when we made our daily trip we counted 25 people walking around and only 4 of them had mask on. Most were closer than 6' to other people and some were basically right on top of each other. My first though was this isn't going to end well! Yesterday we counted over 40 people walking around in town and saw just one person with a mask on. WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE THINKING?

I get it - people need to work, people need to make a living, people hate wearing mask (especially since it is warmer out now), people are tired of this shit, etc. But this is a deadly virus that is killing thousands of people everyday. People have to start using a little common sense or things are about to get very very bad.

I have a feeling people are going to realize just how serious this is in about 3 or 4 weeks when all the "stupid behavior" that is occurring and will be even worse this Holiday weekend spreads this virus around to tens of thousands more people. Personally I don't think the "second wave" is going to happen this Fall - I think it is going to happen the end of June and in July. I hope I am wrong!!!

#14559 3 years ago

An Indiana University team of researchers working on a mask that kills the virus on contact, with low level electricity.
https://news.iu.edu/stories/2020/05/iu/releases/18-research-shows-electroceutical-fabric-eliminates-coronaviruses-on-contact.html

#14560 3 years ago

It's race day. Normally I'd be 6 beers deep already. This year I'm already 600 calories deep, and I've only been up for a half hour.

#14561 3 years ago

Good article on transmission. Thinking about it in terms of distance, time, activity, and environment. Also uses a farting metaphor which should resonate well with this group, lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/science-and-health/2020/5/22/21265180/cdc-coronavirus-surfaces-social-distancing-guidelines-covid-19-risks

#14563 3 years ago

Kansas is opening up. I thought I might try to get a haircut appt. set up. No haircut since February.

Looks like I will continue waiting .

"A hairstylist worked while symptomatic and exposed 91 people to coronavirus"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/missouri-hairstylist-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

" A second hairstylist who worked while symptomatic potentially exposed 56 clients to Covid-19, officials say"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/us/missouri-hairstylists-coronavirus-clients-trnd/index.html

#14564 3 years ago

Saw this last night and while Hasan Minhaj clearly has a political bias (like Jon Oliver, Samantha Bee, et al.) the numbers and implications for homelessness are staggering. I remember trying to convince co-workers how serious this was going to be before Tom Hanks and the NBA suspension made it real for everyone, but my gloom and doom imagination at the time was trivial compared to global train wreck that's happened and continues to pile up. The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

#14565 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sadly I think things are about to get very bad very quickly from what I have been seeing the past few days. Ever since things started opening back up people are acting the the 'worst is behind us" and things are headed back to normal.

It's truly scary. Some people are acting as if the virus has been completely eradicated. Case in point ...

https://www.kmov.com/news/watch-packed-pool-party-at-lake-of-the-ozarks-shows-crowd-ignoring-social-distancing-guidelines/article_5de50ce8-9dbb-11ea-bd46-6b8e99107093.html

#14566 3 years ago

How about a golf match to lighten things up? Tiger and Peyton vs Phil and Brady. Golf in a setting like this is almost about the cruel comments against the other team as it is the golf. Especially alternate shot on the back nine. This format with the difficulty of the golf course lends itself to some serious trash talking. Phil is a talker and Tiger is more of a counter puncher. Manning is still talking and I'm sure Brady is gonna have a few good comments. And Justin Thomas is gonna start the shit as a course reporter. This should be fun. Starts on TNT at 12:00 PST.

#14567 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah I wasn’t talking about me. I was talking about my co workers in the casting plant. If I’m having problems which I can deal with it. What are they going through? I’m having co workers pulling down the mask and coughing in my face. Trying to talk in factory is part lip reading and we are half deaf anyways. I’m just saying until you work in factory and say it’s Not cake walk do not judge! Oh doc thanks for all your input on medic field.

I think the way covid-19 is going to run through our core workforce is going be a really unfortunate phase of this pandemic. I wish you and your co-workers the best and I wish there were more money to invest in better protection systems.

#14568 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

[quoted image]
Anyone holding a sign with the “WWG1WGA” tag on it, needs people to help protect their mental heath, not physical health.
I’ve read their book. It’s full of conspiracy and leaps of logic that don’t make sense. These are the people that believe the world is ran by a secret cabal of the 13 richest families on the planet. Who are all child molesters that use human trafficking to remain in power. They believe one government leader is talking to them directly by sending secret coded messages through the 8chan Website. That leader is the only person in 2000 years of history with enough power to take down the global elite, and these people holding signs are the frontline warriors. It’s so crazy their book has a chapter on how to make effective memes, that sign maker followed the rules well.
These are the people that think that Alex Jones is calm by comparison.

Yup. You can read a great summary here: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/QAnon
For a long time you could ignore these cultists, but now they're out there trying to attack doctors who are trying to save people during a pandemic.
You can read the origin of it here https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/how-three-conspiracy-theorists-took-q-sparked-qanon-n900531 but despite how stupid it all is, it is literally getting people killed. It's become a full-on religion for many believers, and that bodes poorly for trying to minimize mortality rates during a pandemic.

#14569 3 years ago

As a good many of you already know I am semi retired and sell pinball parts online trying to help people in the hobby and also to make a few extra dollars here & there. Anyway we make a daily run to the Post Office to drop off our packages on the loading dock.

If you’re “pinjunk” on eBay, I just want to say THANK YOU. If you’re not I still want to say thanks! Sellers of rare old pinball parts are doing us collectors a huge service. I never thought I’d find the gear-shaped pop bumper caps for my OXO.

#14570 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Kansas is opening up. I thought I might try to get a haircut appt. set up. No haircut since February.
Looks like I will continue waiting

I’m sticking with my #3 coronacut. Have to buzz it about once a week to keep it looking sharp, but I dig it now. Give it a shot

#14571 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Saw this last night and while Hasan Minhaj clearly has a political bias (like Jon Oliver, Samantha Bee, et al.) the numbers and implications for homelessness are staggering. I remember trying to convince co-workers how serious this was going to be before Tom Hanks and the NBA suspension made it real for everyone, but my gloom and doom imagination at the time was trivial compared to global train wreck that's happened and continues to pile up. The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

This is a really well done video, but so depressing and scary.

#14572 3 years ago

Just get your wife to cut your hair. I did and it went very well.

#14573 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

One of least fun yet very educational experiences I had early in my former career was heading into a heat treat shop to try and figure out why we were having parts with what looked like a thin brittle nitride layer when they weren’t supposed to be Nitrided at all.

Hot, loud, fume-y. Felt like I was stepping back into the medieval ages.

I feel for these shops. Nasty, hard, job in the best of times. It will take some extra thinking to make sure everyone stays safe. My concern I referenced previously is that cloth masks will be sufficiently irritating that the workers will refuse to wear them properly.

#14574 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I like Hasan’s presentations. Lots of facts and well thought out ideas. More enjoyable to me than any late night talk show guys.

#14575 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's race day. Normally I'd be 6 beers deep already. This year I'm already 600 calories deep, and I've only been up for a half hour.

Gentleman,
Start your microwaves!

#14576 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't see any green cars there? ...

I know this is irrelevant to what you were talking about, but your post reminded me of this picture....

nah3wewmxfk11 (resized).jpgnah3wewmxfk11 (resized).jpg
#14577 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think the way covid-19 is going to run through our core workforce is going be a really unfortunate phase of this pandemic. I wish you and your co-workers the best and I wish there were more money to invest in better protection systems.

Yes, absolutely. We have completely failed people who work in factories, meat plants, and other “essential” workplaces where people are crowded together on a production line.

#14578 3 years ago

My biggest fear during all this is that the world ends and all that's left is me and a bunch of people who repeatedly use the phrase "it is what it is."

#14579 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My biggest fear during all this is that the world ends and all that's left is me and a bunch of people who repeatedly use the phrase "it is what it is."

"I was there the day the strength of men failed".

#14580 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think it’s funny/ironic/sad that whenever anyone talks about after the end of the world it will include them. Me too. I always think I’m the guy that going to win the lottery and get to play mad max in the end times. Reality is I’ll probably be in the first 90% to die, and not be the 10% left.

#14581 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Very good video.

My sister-in-law experienced some of this stuff while looking for a place to rent in Arlington Tx and Ft. Worth TX a couple of years ago. Do you want to go in a look at a house to rent? You first have to fill out a form with your qualifications and pay $50.00. The $50.00 gives you access to all of that firm's properties. But if you want to look at another house own by another outfit, it is another form and another $50.00.

And then it hit me. In 2008, the big guns with deep pockets loaded up when housing got cheap and now the guys wield a big stick. Too big IMO.

Meanwhile, over on the "what pin did you drag home" thread, pinsiders are burning up the highway chasing their grail pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/319#post-5663131

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#14582 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This is a really well done video, but so depressing and scary.

His Netflix show, Patriot Act is normally well done and entertaining as it is depressing. The episode on Supreme is great if you want to understand Stern’s pinball machine.

I’m interested in seeing what other topics they cover during Corona. A new episode dropped today and is called “the legal marijuana industry is rigged”. It might be nice to see something not just focused on the pandemic.

#14583 3 years ago

I just can't catch a break. My wife was up my arse to clean the boat so I decided ok , do it today. I noticed a new neighbor had a slip across from mine. What ev.. .except the new neighbors wife is a knockout...she was sunbathing on top of her boat in a bikini.
So I say hello blah blah. .cleaning away when a huge spider found its way to hang from my hand and I screamed like a combination of Ned Flanders and Debbie Reynolds. She really laughed her ass off at me and said I thought you were going to fall in the water.

#14584 3 years ago

Trying to look studley. ..before the spider

IMG_2098 (resized).jpgIMG_2098 (resized).jpg
#14585 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you’re “pinjunk” on eBay, I just want to say THANK YOU. If you’re not I still want to say thanks! Sellers of rare old pinball parts are doing us collectors a huge service. I never thought I’d find the gear-shaped pop bumper caps for my OXO.

This is me "pinjunk" on eBay!

For the past 10 years or so I have been doing all I can to get as many parts as possible to as many people as possible as cheaply as possible. Sadly that "journey" is going to be coming to an end shortly. I sold the parts business to a great guy named Matt from Maryland and he will continue to help people with hard to find parts once he gets up and running. However since he is a "younger guy" with a family he will need to make a little more money when selling these parts. Since I was semi retired I could afford to work much cheaper because I had my Social Security checks coming monthly and had less overhead. Matt has more expenses so he will need a little more income from the parts. Now that the parts are his he has to do what is best for him.

My days of selling parts were suppose to end back in March but with this Coronavirus mess we changed things and I'll be selling parts until around the beginning of October. I don't have near the inventory I once had since most of my inventory is already down with Matt. But I still have enough stuff around to keep me busy for a few months.

-Skip-

#14586 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

"I was there the day the strength of men failed".

My biggest fear isn't dying - I have had a great life and when my number is up I am ready to go. What I am most worried about is watching someone close to me getting seriously ill or dying. And if that were to happen and I was the one that passed the virus to them I couldn't live with that hanging over me. So I have been trying to be exceptionally careful these days.

#14587 3 years ago

I have a feeling people are going to realize just how serious this is in about 3 or 4 weeks when all the "stupid behavior"

No they aren't because this virus has been way overblown by the media and it's not that bad for most people. There are certain groups of people who need to protect themselves but most people can go on with life as they normally would.

#14588 3 years ago

100,000 Americans are dead. What’s wrong with you?

#14589 3 years ago
5E5725CA-050D-4869-BA26-50D09183DF11 (resized).png5E5725CA-050D-4869-BA26-50D09183DF11 (resized).png
#14590 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they aren't because this virus has been way overblown by the media and it's not that bad for most people. There are certain groups of people who need to protect themselves but most people can go on with life as they normally would.

Here you go. Go back and read page 1 of this closed thread from 90 days ago. Before TPF shut down. Back when many thought this virus not going to amount to anything and were being quite cavalier about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf

And now that many think China is lying about its numbers, post #4 really stands out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 months later and we are at 100.000 deaths in this country. The last 10,000 deaths took one week.

The govt. washed its hands of the matter and said to expect to see 140,000 deaths. And now the govt. can act like all is normal.

At the rate we are going that will be another month when we see 140,000 deaths. Maybe the virus has been overblown and we will never see 140K. But what is going to happen if we see 140K and it keeps going? What if it becomes 150K and keeps going?

How many have to die before people quit saying the media hyped it up beyond reality? How many have to die before everyone says, " Oh ,shit, this is serious?

It was not that long ago that kept hearing that "we have 13 cases in this country but it is under control."

We will have 100,000 case tomorrow but it is under control." Sort like Wall Street having an "orderly" decline.

#14591 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here you go. Go back and read page 1 of this closed thread from 90 days ago. Before TPF shut down. Back when many thought this virus not going to amount to anything and were being quite cavalier about it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf
And now that many think China is lying about its numbers, post #4 really stands out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 months later and we are at 100.000 deaths in this country. The last 10,000 deaths took one week.
The govt. washed its hands of the matter and said to expect to see 140,000 deaths. And now the govt. can act like all is normal.
At the rate we are going that will be another month when we see 140,000 deaths. Maybe the virus has been overblown and we will never see 140K. But what is going to happen if we see 140K and it keeps going? What if it becomes 150K and keeps going?
How many have to die before people quit saying the media hyped it up beyond reality? How many have to die before everyone says, " Oh ,shit, this is serious?
It was not that long ago that kept hearing that "we have 13 cases in this country but it is under control."
We will have 100,000 case tomorrow but it is under control." Sort like Wall Street having an "orderly" decline.

#14592 3 years ago

How would we not cruise past 140K? We are picking up steam and exponential growth is happening before our eyes. Just because it took 8 weeks to go from 0-100K dead some of these people are acting like it never actually hit at all. Which is dumbfounding. We shut down and only managed to stifle it to 100K this far. 140K total dead would be a miracle at this point. We will be there by mid June.

#14593 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My brother (45) and his girlfriend (41) and her brother (a few yers younger) all had Covid. They didn't need to go to a hospital, though it was quite scary for them sometimes how their bodies/lungs felt. It started about 2 months ago, and even now, my brothers girlfriend is exhausted after walking, not running, for a mile. She used to be in good shape, running and cycling regularly.
She doesn't smoke, weighs a normal weight (a little above 60 kg) and doesn't have any special condition. She does wonder if she'll ever get back to her normal condition.
Her brother is a semi-professional canoe-sporter, and after being infected by Covid (they probably infected each other) and recovered for several weeks, is now less fast in the canoe than my 9 year old untrained niece.

My brother has milder complaints than she has, so maybe the amount of harm done is partly genetically, but he's tired after cycling to work as well. That's new to him.
All three haven't been taken into the hospital, let alone an IC. Recovering from that will be way, way worse.

I think they would both fall perfectly into the groups that you and others think don't have to be careful and should have lived life as they normally would. I know of some others, less directly though, that have quite a lot of health-complaints weeks or even months later.

Maybe you're right that MOST people won't be effected that much, but surely a lot of people can, not only the elderly or obese or other smaller groups.
In the media you mostly hear about the number of deaths, but the ones that don't die often have damage as well that isn't to be taken lightly.

#14594 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The hospital parking lots are empty and they are laying off nurses in Ohio. Explain that......

#14595 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dammit who-Dey quit triggering me.

At least you didn’t call it the flu.

#14596 3 years ago

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City (resized).jpgOcean City (resized).jpg
#14597 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The hospital parking lots are empty and they are laying off nurses in Ohio. Explain that......

People that are sick or hurt aren't going to the hospitals because they fear they could get Covid. They are staying home instead of seeking treatment.

#14598 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Easy. People that usually go to the ER for headaches, tummy aches, hangovers and other bullshit are staying home rather than risking being exposed. Hospitals are spending HUGE amounts of money on PPE that they need, as do other hospitals, so they're getting charged alot more from the PPE providers. Also, hospitals are delaying procedures for some patients, so they're not making money there. Lastly, Covid patients cost more to treat then regular patients, so they're losing money there too.
So less ER patients, less procedures, means some hospitals need less nurses to cover. Furloughs.
My wife is an ER nurse and thankfully hasn't been furloughed, but there are nurses at her hospital who have been.

#14599 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same thing here, so I will speak from our perspective. Some thoughts.

Nearly the entirety of non covid non emergency medicine got shutdown when the state got shutdown early on.

1) that is a ton of procedures and clinics shutdown. Means there are a ton of doctors and support staff suddenly flowing to emergency and covid care.

2) no one is allowed to visit covid and general visitation was significantly curtailed. So visitor parking was virtually eliminated.

3) No profitable procedures, no money to pay anyone. Low man on totem pole is med assists and nurses. They get shitcanned. Doctors and admin and other support staff took a big haircut.

4) because state shutdown early the surge didn’t happen. Now after all this time, the state is opening up slowly...right as hospitalizations are increasing. We in my family fully expect my wife to be deployed to a covid hospital by end of summer if not sooner.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/292?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.