272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 576.
#14450 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I love this guy.
[quoted image]

blessed

#14451 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This article will be the final nail in the coffin for these drugs in COVID patients for any but the crackpot Bakersfield yokels.

I would hope that the President’s physician stops his treatment immediately based on this article if he hasn’t already (and if the President was ever even on it).

But have you considered that science is just part of the fake news conspiracy? (Because I assure you that lots and lots of people already have!)

#14452 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm sensing Covid fatigue in myself. While I still follow safety protocols and most likely will the remainder of my life, I feel like I'm dropping my guard somewhat.

Same here. I've for sure become a bit more complacent the last couple weeks. I'm still being somewhat cautious, but I'm definitely not as OCD about it as I was before. For example, I used to re-plate all the food that was delivered. Now I'm willing to eat it in the container it comes in and just make sure to wash my hands thoroughly afterward.

#14453 3 years ago

I woudn't be terribly upset if we slapped some tariffs on Chinese products, mainly the cheap plastic garbage toys, accessories and whatnot. So much of this crap gets opened up, maybe used once and then landfilled. Waste of time and resources; only good part about these products is keeping the economy churning.

#14454 3 years ago

Luckily, even the CDC has relented and acknowledges now that this virus isn't easily spread by surface contamination.

#14455 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Same here. I've for sure become a bit more complacent the last couple weeks. I'm still being somewhat cautious, but I'm definitely not as OCD about it as I was before. For example, I used to re-plate all the food that was delivered. Now I'm willing to eat it in the container it comes in and just make sure to wash my hands thoroughly afterward.

I agree , in the beginning I was opening doors with my t-shirt or elbows , now is just like " whatever " and the virus is still as dangerous to vulnerable people as it was before .

Quoted from metallik:

I woudn't be terribly upset if we slapped some tariffs on Chinese products, mainly the cheap plastic garbage toys, accessories and whatnot. So much of this crap gets opened up, maybe used once and then landfilled. Waste of time and resources; only good part about these products is keeping the economy churning.

It's hard to say no to cheap Chinese products , when you can buy a pedestal fan with a remote control for $15 , cheaper than a six-pack of beer locally brewed , you know there's something wrong with the system .

#14456 3 years ago

While the company would not comment on sales or volume numbers during the pandemic, the latest Nielsen data found that Americans have spent more than $1.4 billion on toilet paper from Feb. 28 to March 21, according to a Nielsen spokesperson. Last week alone, the U.S. toilet paper category netted more than $378 million and was up 123% from the same week last year, the spokesperson added.

Can't imagine what the grand totals are at this point? Let alone world wide

#14457 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Luckily, even the CDC has relented and acknowledges now that this virus isn't easily spread by surface contamination.

Does this mean we can stop wiping down bags of Doritos with alcohol wipes and running our yogurt through the dishwasher before I eat it?

No? Ok, no problem honey. Love you!

#14458 3 years ago

From a study (on 96 032 patients!) published in the Lancet: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

"We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19"

#14459 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Until they come back in four weeks and state they underestimated the longevity the virus can survive on surfaces...

I think I'm still gonna wipe shit down like I'm living with lepers or something.

#14460 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My first thought was, well then how is it spread then? I've stopped buying even this stuff from the CDC. In my mind, it is just an admission that they don't really know for sure.

Sure it is spread through particulates from coughing and sneezing but please explain to me how when these particles land on surfaces, you couldn't get it by touching them and then your mouth, nose, etc.?

At this point I've concluded that common sense comes into play for personal safety. If colds, the flu, etc can be contracted by touching things contaminated by those virues/bacteria, assume the same about Covid regardless of what the CDC says.

#14461 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree , in the beginning I was opening doors with my t-shirt or elbows , now is just like " whatever " and the virus is still as dangerous to vulnerable people as it was before .

It's hard to say no to cheap Chinese products , when you can buy a pedestal fan with a remote control for $15 , cheaper than a six-pack of beer locally brewed , you know there's something wrong with the system .

My kids had to toss their Lasko (Made in China) fans into the trash every year while in college due to noisy operation. I still use a Hunter oscillating fan made in the USA from 1966. The leather clutch from the oscillating mech is original.

#14462 3 years ago

Yeah, I’m still wiping things down and treating every door knob like a COVID sufferer just licked it. But hopefully it will be a little forgiving to the relaxation of our guard that the fatigue is causing.

#14464 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'd argue that this may be more of a problem with the way Americans consume and discard goods today, rather than where they came from.

#14465 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

My kids had to toss their Lasko (Made in China) fans into the trash every year while in college due to noisy operation. I still use a Hunter oscillating fan made in the USA from 1966. The leather clutch from the oscillating mech is original.

I rebuilt/restored a Homart belt-driven fan from the same time period and use it all the time. I have another Project I hope to get to soon. The main focus is the motor, had it serviced and installed a 2 speed switch, would have liked reverse.
This was one that you installed in a window blowing out and it sucked all the doors closed when you turned it on if the windows were open in multiple rooms.
The new made in China fans went to a plug-in rear connection for the cord, which nearly burnt my house down when it started arcing.
Big Fan of vintage...Fans.

#14466 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

While the company would not comment on sales or volume numbers during the pandemic, the latest Nielsen data found that Americans have spent more than $1.4 billion on toilet paper from Feb. 28 to March 21, according to a Nielsen spokesperson. Last week alone, the U.S. toilet paper category netted more than $378 million and was up 123% from the same week last year, the spokesperson added.
Can't imagine what the grand totals are at this point? Let alone world wide

It also appears priority for sales go to the Online sources. In my small Town it has been depleted for weeks.
My friend who is a Postal Worker said he has been delivering multi-packs like mad = Amazon.

#14467 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd argue that this may be more of a problem with the way Americans consume and discard goods today, rather than where they came from.

Any Producer of this E- waste should be called out, it's the worst as far as pollution, difficulty to Recycle and prone to nasty disposal methods.
I hope that a return to Quality becomes a side effect of this current predicament.

#14468 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Any Producer of this E- waste should be called out, it's the worst as far as pollution, difficulty to Recycle and prone to nasty disposal methods.
I hope that a return to Quality becomes a side effect of this current predicament.

High hopes there. You're talking about reversing inter-generational societal norms. These take decades to change and require constant pressure and legislation.

Please don't take this as political, but your system is close to beyond repair, regardless of who leads. Ours is always just a step behind. Good times!

#14469 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If you buy it from Walmart and it was made in China, it was made cheap. To last for maybe a year. Two if you are lucky. Those Lasko fans are a case in point.

But China can build quality product. If you pay them to build quality and make them build quality, China can do that. Witness your iPhone.

Walmart wants cheap. So we get cheap. And Walmart get to keep selling us a new unit every year.

Everyone wins except the environment.

#14470 3 years ago

Well today we went from gatherings of 10 or less to now 100 or less. Seems legit.

#14471 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well today we went from gatherings of 10 or less to now 100 or less. Seems legit.

Sweet! I’ll be in Indiana next week

#14472 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Walmart wants cheap. So we get cheap.

Works the other way around I think.... "We want cheap. So Walmart supplies cheap" . Some may not be able to afford more. Still a false economy, if we can pay three times as much for the same thing but it lasts ten times as long. Caught in a trap. If EVERYBODY stopped buying cheap throwaway crap it would stop getting made. Easier said than done though, of course.

It's just "The Lightbulb Theory" at work. The system created for maximising profit (and waste).

Mankind is capable of making light bulbs with an indefinite lifespan, as evident by the bulb that has been lit for +100 years which they had a 100th birthday for, at a fire station I believe. But going with that principle of maximum quality would send lightbulb (and pantyhose) manufacturers to the wall, operating the way we do these days.

#14473 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you buy it from Walmart and it was made in China, it was made cheap. To last for maybe a year. Two if you are lucky. Those Lasko fans are a case in point.
But China can build quality product. If you pay them to build quality and make them build quality, China can do that. Witness your iPhone.
Walmart wants cheap. So we get cheap. And Walmart get to keep selling us a new unit every year.
Everyone wins except the environment.

Totally agree with this. I was driving with a pin in the back of my truck a couple hours and hit a thunderstorm on what was a hot sunny day. I pulled off to buy a tarp and the only place was Walmart. Worst tarp I've ever used and the extra straps I bought to help hold the tarp on broke. It was junk. I was made at myself for not being prepared and having to rely on Walmart crap.

#14474 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Satellites have linked up in outer space and focusing cameras on Indianapolis backyards. Phasers set to stun and re-calibrated at 100.

#14476 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Some folks did, but my family didn't.

#14477 3 years ago

I have it on good authority that if you can keep yourself alive for a few years, it’s all gonna be okay. I’m hanging my hat on this.

#14478 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Kansas kind of has the same thing. It went from being careful to suddenly everything is open and the virus is gone forever. I'm like 'huh'? Now do I think businesses should get back open? Yes. But man there are some things I just feel probably should be kept at bay for a while. We will see what happens, but the behavior I see doesn't make me think that we're getting out of this anytime soon. There's got to be a happy medium in between.

#14479 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200523-000007~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200523-000007~2 (resized).png
#14480 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have it on good authority that if you can keep yourself alive for a few years, it’s all gonna be okay. I’m hanging my hat on this.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/05/why-the-economy-is-headed-for-a-post-coronavirus-depression-nouriel-roubini.html

#14481 3 years ago

I read Nouriel Roubini religiously 12 years ago, would not be surprised if he was right again.

#14482 3 years ago

Zoom needs a button that plays 'wrap it up' music like the Oscars.

#14483 3 years ago

Wear a mask for 8 hours in factory and see if you change your mind? Sweat soaked mask safely glasses fogging up. No haircut cause you know why. Oh let’s throw a bump hat on it .

A711F26A-9DC0-4042-9F8B-B940183732C9 (resized).jpegA711F26A-9DC0-4042-9F8B-B940183732C9 (resized).jpeg
#14484 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

But were you obese, elderly, had an underlying heart condition, and/or an illness that stresses the heart at the time?

Wasn't then. Aren't now, some 35 years later. It's a prescription drug so a licensed physician must prescribe it. . .

#14485 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Wear a mask for 8 hours in factory and see if you change your mind? Sweat soaked mask safely glasses fogging up. No haircut cause you know why. Oh let’s throw a bump hat on it .
[quoted image]

Yep. It’s a pretty big problem. If safety equipment isn’t quasi comfortable/convenient, then even well intentioned people will circumvent it.

As the good dr pointed out, a good fit of the mask around the bridge of your nose will help prevent fogging. For me, the best I can do means it doesn’t fog for like 15-30 minutes. Not exactly functional for an 8 hr shift. That’s why I think you see so many people with masks pulled down beneath their nose. They then try and remember to flip it back up and over when someone approaches. Of course, this means you are constantly touching your face so...

As far as the haircut, I just used my beard trimmer on the highest setting and gave myself a head beard. Problem solved. Trimmer was a joke gift from my wife since I can’t grow a beard to save my life. Look whose laughing now wife! (My neighbors probably).

#14486 3 years ago

I sympathize with your discomfort but a mask is still required.

#14487 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if any of you care how I'm keeping busy...based upon the hillbilly hate mail I get via this thread you don't...but what the hell...another covid-crushing rock block for you fools!

Good job on annoying your neighbours , you killed it .
Do you take requests ?

#14488 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

Right now there are countless people who would happily wear a mask to be in your position , you're lucky you've still got a job to go to .

#14489 3 years ago

Masks are uncomfortable after a few hours, no doubt about it. I took my mom out on a few errands yesterday and I couldn’t wait to get back to the car each time to take it off.

#14490 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good, open this shit all back up now!!!!!!!

#14491 3 years ago

How many of the pro lockdown and quarantine crowd on here actually have jobs? I would guess a lot of you people are retired. If you are retired please stay home and quarantine as long as you want. Stop telling the rest of us that are still working our way through to follow your bullshit. I know your older if your retired so continue to be very very careful. I respect you all being safe. There are many of us who do not share your fortune.

#14492 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I read Nouriel Roubini religiously 12 years ago, would not be surprised if he was right again.

Exactly. I so so so hope he is wrong. But I will also prepare for him being mostly correct, as usual. Sadly.

#14493 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

How many of the pro lockdown and quarantine crowd on here actually have jobs? I would guess a lot of you people are retired. If you are retired please stay home and quarantine as long as you want. Stop telling the rest of us that are still working our way through to follow your bullshit. I know your older if your retired so continue to be very very careful. I respect you all being safe. There are many of us who do not share your fortune.

I had a job, does that count?

#14495 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

I work with a mask on for about six of my eight hour work days. It is uncomfortable no doubt, but it seems like such a small thing to me that complaining about it is just absurd.

#14496 3 years ago
EOc4T0JX0AAXs5h USE (resized).jpgEOc4T0JX0AAXs5h USE (resized).jpg
#14497 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

The President said that there will not be any lockdowns when the second wave comes. The lockdowns were a huge mistake and it crushed everyone's economy.

#14498 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I don’t think anyone here is “pro quarantine”, we all hate that this is happening. Are there people on this thread telling people what to do? Yeah, you should wear a mask in public indoor spaces, but that shouldn’t be controversial any more. Nobody in this thread has the power to do anything, we aren’t legislators or corporate CEOs here. We’re all just corks floating on this crazy ocean called 2020.

I do respect that most of us still need to work to live, and I really feel for those that got hit by this with little or no savings. Leaders need to respond to the pain those people are going through, not their anger. I bet for every angry protestor there are 20 more people that are quietly becoming homeless, losing their families, on hard times.

#14499 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Your location isn't listed . If you live in New Zealand I get where you're coming from but if you live in one of the countries where they're digging mass Graves and have hundreds of deaths a day , I don't think you understand how serious this is . Take a look at Sweden .
Everybody wants everything open as soon as possible , just do it the right way for the area you live in .

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.