272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 576.
#1351 4 years ago

I cleaned my guns and took inventory of my ammo this weekend. Guns locked and loaded. I sure as hell hope I don’t need them.

#1352 4 years ago

For all you people out there with something to lose, if you haven't done a Living Will, there's no better time than the present.

I've been dragging my feet for years on this. Finally went online and filled out a form (at rocketlawyer.com but I'm sure there are a million places you can get them). Need to find a Notary but I'm finally getting it completed.

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I cleaned my guns and took inventory of my ammo this weekend. Guns locked and loaded. I sure as hell hope I don’t need them.

For what?

#1354 4 years ago

Mainly to protect my family. I assume your comment was laced with sarcasm.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

If you scroll down, it says he was at the gym before he found out.

Yes I know the article says that but I've not seen that on any news reports, they only say he was tested positive.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Mainly to protect my family. I assume your comment was laced with sarcasm.

Who is coming after your family?

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Gotta protect your toilet paper!

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Shit, this sounds serious.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Phase 2 of the coronavirus is coronavirus zombies.

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Go stick your head in the sand somewhere. Have you tried to find ammo lately? I’m not alone in my sentiments. And to be honest, your opinion is worth as much to me as used TP.

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Go stick your head in the sand somewhere. Have you tried to find ammo lately? I’m not alone in my sentiments. And to be honest, your opinion is worth as much to me as used TP.

I agree, a must read is a book called strategic relocation.

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I'm serious. What do you think is going to happen to your family.?

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Every one should go out and get a bidet, if your talented enough you can even even take a sip after your cleaned up.

Yeah agreed. Amazon has plenty of models that anyone can hook up. I got the one where it's just cold water. I'd recommend the one with hot water, but that's an extra hookup to your sink's hot water line I assume.

#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, a must read is a book called strategic relocation.

It's got a 4.8 on Infowars with 79 reviews!

http://www.infowarsshop.com/Strategic-Relocation-North-American-Guide-To-Safe-Places-BOOK_p_439.html

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I went to the range last weekend, before things got really weird. There were a lot of people in the retail shop that you could tell was their first time in a gun store. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I did see a woman that was probably 50-60 years old buy some 3.5" shotgun shells. I hope she doesn't need to use them, they would probably knock her 105lb body into the next zip code. I also picked up something new. It wasn't a panic purchase, I had been planning on buying something sooner than later any way.

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I'm serious. What do you think is going to happen to you family.?

There are going to be a lot of people out of work. There is serious potential for people to loot, riot, etc. While I do not live in an area where I think that will occur - it’s not outside the realm of possibility. If people get desperate, crazy shit can happen. I’ll leave it at that.

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That is correct. Was just about to post same info. He was asymptomatic and was not aware of making direct contact with an infected person.
Only took the test as a precaution do to traveling.
But on the other hand, that was really a dumb thing to do.

I believe this is untrue. On March 15th it was reported that Rand Paul was at a ball at the speed museum here in Louisville with people who tested positive.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/03/15/louisville-coronavirus-cases-museum-speed-ball-guest-tests-positive/5054435002/

My guess is that this is why he got tested. He knew he had contact with people who had the virus and was tested for it.

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

For all you people out there with something to lose, if you haven't done a Living Will, there's no better time than the present.
I've been dragging my feet for years on this. Finally went online and filled out a form (at rocketlawyer.com but I'm sure there are a million places you can get them). Need to find a Notary but I'm finally getting it completed.

Agreed also check all your big accounts (savings, investment, retirement, etc) to see if you can setup a beneficiary. Often you can do this online. The "benefit" is that you don't have to wait to settle the estate before a check gets cut.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

Read more here or research online:

https://info.legalzoom.com/article/what-law-beneficiary-designation-bank-accounts

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2018/02/7-common-mistakes-avoid-naming-beneficiaries/

#1369 4 years ago

If this shit gets way out of control, there are plenty of gangs and other armed people that will be taking matters into their own hands. Thumbs up to those that are ready to protect themselves. Although a gang might be a little hard to fend off by one's self, it might make them go after easier prey. Or it could piss them off even more.

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

There are going to be a lot of people out of work. There is serious potential for people to loot, riot, etc. While I do not live in an area where I think that will occur - it’s not outside the realm of possibility. If people get desperate, crazy shit can happen. I’ll leave it at that.

I understand what your saying. I just think there are more serious things happening right now with the virus shit. I'm not loading up my arsenal just yet.

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I went to the range last weekend, before things got really weird. There were a lot of people in the retail shop that you could tell was their first time in a gun store. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I did see a woman that was probably 50-60 years old buy some 3.5" shotgun shells. I hope she doesn't need to use them, they would probably knock her 105lb body into the next zip code. I also picked up something new. It wasn't a panic purchase, I had been planning on buying something sooner than later any way.

I sure hope she never tries to practice with it either. I stopped using 3.5” for duck hunting after only a few trips and I’m 6’2” 225#.

Quoted from PinJim:

I’m with you. Better to be prepared than unprepared. Obviously hope it doesn’t come even close to needing them.

#1372 4 years ago

I just powdercoated my brass knuckles.
Hope I don't need to use them, cause powdercoating is expensive.

#1373 4 years ago

Although if my wife startles me awake one more fucking time with "You're sleeping AGAIN?!".......

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I understand what your saying. I just think there are more serious things happening right now with the virus shit.

Right, but right now I’m still employed. Others aren’t so lucky. As others said, if things go seriously south, gangs of robbers aren’t out of the question. I lived through the Cincinnati riots. This has potential to be worse. So yeah, the virus. But it’s what may come after that worries me. Messed up to even think about, but if it goes there, I’m prepared.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I lived through the Cincinnati riots.

And I lived through the LA riots. What a show they put on.

#1376 4 years ago

On the plus side, I doubt they'll be trying to steal my pinball machines.

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I lived through the LA riots. What a show they put on.

I can’t even imagine. God help us if it comes to that.

#1378 4 years ago

Quebec is allowing police to breakup any group over 2 people.
Nova Scotia is fining people $1000 for not practicing social distancing.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Right, but right now I’m still employed. Others aren’t so lucky. As others said, if things go seriously south, gangs of robbers aren’t out of the question. I lived through the Cincinnati riots. This has potential to be worse. So yeah, the virus. But it’s what may come after that worries me. Messed up to even think about, but if it goes there, I’m prepared.

Quoted from PinJim:

I totally understand why you feel the way you feel. My bad.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Quebec is allowing police to breakup any group over 2 people.
Nova Scotia is fining people $1000 for not practicing social distancing.

I like it.

This mr. nice guy shit needs to end. There’s a huge portion of the American public who refused to wear a seatbelt until they started getting fined for it.

#1381 4 years ago

You guys are getting way too pessimistic. Things will improve, stores will catch up, there was just an initial shock. Treatments and vaccines will arrive, maybe sooner than they have in the past Stay home, avoid contact and the curve will stay flatter. It will be tough for a little while, people will lose jobs, but they should come back. The faster the curve flattens, the sooner those jobs come back. We just need to buy ourselves some time to deal with it, we weren’t prepared. Things have been improving in China and they are back to work (things we buy direct have been moving and they weren’t before), Japan is opening schools, no reason to be all doom and gloom. We aren’t Venezuela.

#1382 4 years ago

I've got a WW2 era grenade in the basement ready for anyone who tries to set foot on my property and take my carton of TP.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Yeah agreed. Amazon has plenty of models that anyone can hook up. I got the one where it's just cold water. I'd recommend the one with hot water, but that's an extra hookup to your sink's hot water line I assume.

I’d recommend one with a metal hose. Many of them use plastic tubing. The Average US household has pretty high water pressure vs. the rest of the world. You don’t want the hose to burst.

#1384 4 years ago

My wife and I will be spending alot of time fishing in a few weeks
I heard Freezers are selling like hot cakes

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I can’t even imagine. God help us if it comes to that.

Indeed.

#1386 4 years ago

This just in, Harvey Weinstein tests positive for Corona Virus.

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife and I will be spending alot of time fishing in a few weeks
I heard Freezers are selling like hot cakes

i heard hot cakes were selling like freezers! more misinformation !

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I'm serious. What do you think is going to happen to your family.?

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ain’t nobody taking my soup and TP without a fight.

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ain’t nobody taking my soup and TP without a fight.

Don't get me wrong. I have guns. I was just wondering why he felt he was going to get attacked so soon.

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Don't get me wrong. I have guns. I was just wondering why he felt he was going to get attacked so soon.

It was about how he worded it. It sounded like panic. The 'let em try to come and get me' mentality. We don't need that at this point.

#1392 4 years ago

Mr Johnson seems bitter above everything else...not the greatest interview I have seen today.. Ana interviews like she is an android
Anyone else see this?

15849129298691120718869 (resized).jpg15849129298691120718869 (resized).jpg
#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Sun, waves and alcohol don't prevent COVID19?

Don't cause it either.

#1394 4 years ago

I'm glad that we don't have much of a gun culture. We can spend our gun money on TP.

#1395 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200322-164826~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200322-164826~2 (resized).png
#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was about how he worded it. It sounded like panic. The 'let em try to come and get me' mentality. We don't need that at this point.

Call it panic if you want. I think it’s a matter of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I sure as hell hope in a month everything is back to normal. I hope the market recovers, jobs are reinstated and the virus dies off. I think that’s a real potential. But, I’m not taking a chance. And no, we did not buy a year supply of TP. But I am worried, as are a lot of people. Hard to believe really, a month ago the wife and I were working on starting a business. That has been side burnered at the moment for various reasons all related to the virus...

#1397 4 years ago

Orange County, FL has 150 test kits (and no idea when they are getting more) for their drive up testing that begins tomorrow.

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Call it panic if you want. I think it’s a matter of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I sure as hell hope in a month everything is back to normal. I hope the market recovers, jobs are reinstated and the virus dies off. I think that’s a real potential. But, I’m not taking a chance. And no, we did not buy a year supply of TP. But I am worried, as are a lot of people. Hard to believe really, a month ago the wife and I were working on starting a business. That has been side burnered at the moment for various reasons all related to the virus...

I know it wasn't, but that's how it came off. It sounded like classic American 'gun' talk. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. And no, I'm not anti-gun. Just hoping people use common sense.

And, yea, I understand, and sorry to hear things are on hold. Similar for us. We'll all get through this.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It sounded like classic American 'gun' talk

It's ingrained in us.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#1400 4 years ago

Still with the Chinese virus crap? It serves no good purpose.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/28?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.