272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 576.
#14350 3 years ago

How and why COVID-19 mutates, and what it means for the future:

#14351 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, the weight loss is due to him being in ICU on a vent for several weeks which was due to COVID so while dramatic weight loss isn’t associated with the milder forms of COVID it certainly can happen like this in patients who get very ill.

I wonder if he was taking TRT or steroids?

I've seen some studies and hypotheses that high testosterone has a negative effect on the outcome of infected males.

Lowering Testosterone May Reduce Severity of COVID-19 (May 15, 2020)
https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/lowering-testosterone-may-reduce-severity-covid-19

#14352 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200515-232151~4 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200515-232151~4 (resized).png
#14353 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Good stuff. I do a ton of rehab/prehab stuff nowadays, because when I was younger I sat in front of a desk for 10-12 hours a day (forward head, rounded shoulders, anterior pelvic tilt) and then spent the next 2 hours trying to lift really stupid amounts of weights in the gym. If only my older self, could have had a 15 minute conversation with my younger self...
I also do a lot of Yoga. I personally use the subscription site ManflowYoga, but there's a TON of free Yoga on Youtube:
l

Thanks for the response and I will watch those links later. I see some familiar faces in that list including Bob and Brad.

I have a GTS Total Gym in my office and I could not be happier. So many variety of exercises, easy changeable positions and snap in accessories. Heavy duty solid build with high quality parts all around. And smart people can find the dust collector version cheap on CraigsList.
I wasn't so smart. New in box I paid over 3 grand for mine only to find them later on CL for 4-500 bucks or even give away. It folds up and one person easy to move too.

#14354 3 years ago

Those foam rollers are great. I use one for my ridiculously tight IT band in one leg, almost daily.

#14355 3 years ago

Yeah, I'll wear a mask but that ain't happening at my house.

#14356 3 years ago

Not sure if any of you care how I'm keeping busy...based upon the hillbilly hate mail I get via this thread you don't...but what the hell...another covid-crushing rock block for you fools!

#14357 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Kansas is starting to open back up.
I used to play pool on Tuesday night at a local bar. 7 pool tables with two 4-man teams to each table. My team leader texted me yesterday saying we are starting back up next week. Another member texted back that he was ready to get back to it.
The place serves food and drinks. I have not seen much mask wearing around here. I can only imagine how it will be in a bar with everybody leaning on the pool table to make a shot.
Call me chicken but I think I am going to pass.

And now I am glad I passed on returning.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/business/ford-chicago-positive-covid-19-test/index.html

#14358 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Call me chicken but I think I am going to pass.

You are a chicken. Seriously, you have to look at this from my point of view. I need people out there to test the waters for me. There is absolutely no way I'm going out when things open back up. Not for at least a month so I can watch the trends to see what happens. If everyone felt like you did, I wouldn't be able to go out because there would not be any guinea pigs to prove it is safe. Think of the DaveH's!

#14360 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You are a chicken. Seriously, you have to look at this from my point of view. I need people out there to test the waters for me. There is absolutely no way I'm going out when things open back up. Not for at least a month so I can watch the trends to see what happens. If everyone felt like you did, I wouldn't be able to go out because there would not be any guinea pigs to prove it is safe. Think of the DaveH's!

Our local bingo hall just announced they are reopening tomorrow. Masks are optional.

#14361 3 years ago

For once some positive news. While you can get the virus more than once, it doesn't look like you'd be contagious.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/feared-reactivation-of-covid-19-infections-disputed-by-new-data/

#14362 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Due to sport injuries and age, I had become accustomed to therapeutic massage on a semi-regular basis. I would also use home remedies in between sessions and now with isolation, I have gone to them exclusively.
A foam roller and "The Stick" do really well for me and I hope you find the attached pictures helpful and self explanatory. You can also find a ton of video instructions on the internet.
Maybe pinball related, maybe not, but one issue I had was tendonitis at the elbow in both arms. It wasn't pictured on the instruction chart but I devised a way of laying on the floor and pinning The Stick with my body weight on my arm. By placing it directly on the tendon, beginning at the joint, I slowly rolled the tendon out by gliding my body over it lengthwise. Man, did that ever work great and in short order.
In fact, all of these exercises gives me great relief and they're easy to do.
I hope everyone finds this useful and a nice break from the political undertones that dominate this thread.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unless you're using that stick like ole Ben in The Accountant then you're doing it all wrong K.

the-accountant-ben-affleck-chris-image-600x400 (resized).jpgthe-accountant-ben-affleck-chris-image-600x400 (resized).jpg
#14363 3 years ago

There should be a lot more of this from the Tesla Fremont plant.

#14364 3 years ago

Cripes, and this is just one of many incidents like this in the last week.

Screenshot_20200520-195703~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200520-195703~2 (resized).png
#14366 3 years ago

Similar story in SK. Worrisome, because they have been one of the best prepared.

#14367 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You are correct. I am a chicken. I prefer that to being a guinea pig

#14368 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200520-205417~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200520-205417~2 (resized).png
#14369 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if any of you care how I'm keeping busy...based upon the hillbilly hate mail I get via this thread you don't...but what the hell...another covid-crushing rock block for you fools!

Really amazing, glad to see you. Put some biting gain on the guitar, get a drum machine and run it through a bass amp with a simple hard drive, and introduce a little reverb, chorus and compression to your vocals, you got the chops.
I have 3 uncompleted songs and still look at the recorder, mixer and PA every day doing nothing.
Appreciate the video!

#14370 3 years ago

welp
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/us/coronavirus-distancing-deaths.html

Screenshot_20200520-231222~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200520-231222~2 (resized).png
#14371 3 years ago

Take some Exlax. Then you will be afraid to cough

#14372 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Really amazing, glad to see you. Put some biting gain on the guitar, get a drum machine and run it through a bass amp with a simple hard drive, and introduce a little reverb, chorus and compression to your vocals, you got the chops.
I have 3 uncompleted songs and still look at the recorder, mixer and PA every day doing nothing.
Appreciate the video!

THanks man and good advice. I'm just screaming into the camera voice not amplified at this point, as it's a pretty low fi recording (ha!) rig and I don't really have room to make an actual studio in here. Also can't REALLY open it up since I do have neighbors (though half of them have left, including the ones next to me and below me). I did get my first noise complaint tonight but I shouldn't really be playing without headphones at 10:30 at night. Day just got away from me!

I think lots of people have dug into their hobbies more during COVID. Pinball is still fun but I'm enjoying working on them an catching up more than playing these days as it's getting old playing by myself. Now's a great time for you to finish your songs Phil!!

I might think about doing some of the stuff you said - I have a cheap bass amp here (and a cheap bass but the neck looks like a banana right now)

#14373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In fact, all of these exercises gives me great relief and they're easy to do.

No joke today I got my kit of the items you listed below. I rolled my back on the squishy tube and it sounded like someone walking on a wood floor from a late 1800's home. Felt great!

#14374 3 years ago
95910845_253483352682485_7580626743547920384_n (resized).jpg95910845_253483352682485_7580626743547920384_n (resized).jpg
#14376 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It would have been a super smart idea to have a decent sized contingent of our own physicians and CDC personnel stationed in China permanently to monitor things, sort of an early warning system.
Maybe even hire some locals to help us keep an eye on things. Maybe they will look into that. I mean since so many pandemics start off there and all.

We had this until in September. It was a federal organization but unfortunately it was shuttered.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-02/coronavirus-trump-pandemic-program-viruses-detection

#14377 3 years ago

It makes me feel very happy the US is standing alongside Australia ( as I've said before the US and Australia are mates )
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/pompeo-attacks-communist-china-and-says-we-stand-with-australia/video/89b04ed629bf691efb0cfebb5a41caa6

#14378 3 years ago

The pressure to generate revenue and try to make a profit comes before all else.

Watch the video.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/business/united-no-job-cuts/index.html

#14379 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

the US and Australia are mates )

Always brother!

#14381 3 years ago
#14383 3 years ago

Don't forget the Canadians eh? I stand with my brothers too.

#14384 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The pressure to generate revenue and try to make a profit comes before all else.
Watch the video.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/business/united-no-job-cuts/index.html

That's the concern. An awful lot of money has gone to corporations which didn't need it (and were already given huge tax cuts in 2017), and the stock market is betting big (really damn big) on everything bouncing right back to normal ASAP.

McConnell's attitude in the Senate sums up the administration's priorities: Get back to work, get our bills approved, get our preferred judges packed in those courtrooms, keep the economy rolling, or you're fired with no healthcare or stimulus or further assistance.

#14385 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Always brother!

Columbus vs. LEAFS first round of 2019 playoffs. Cool!

#14386 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Columbus vs. LEAFS first round of 2019 playoffs. Cool!

Hey that sounds good to me!

#14387 3 years ago

There is a reason Tesla set up shop in California.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7

California is Tesla’s largest market. Something big needs to be done to help the Bay Area company, which has lost money every single year of its ten years of existence. And taxpayers are going to be shanghaied into doing it.

#14388 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

as I've said before the US and Australia are mate

Two colleagues and friends of mine are Aussies who went back home after spending more than a decade in the US. One of them told me that coming back to Australia was like bringing back the Space shuttle to earth - you have to calculate your angle of descent precisely, or you may either bounce back on the atmosphere or burn...

I miss the time when I could visit Sydney and Wollongong. Not sure when I can come back!

(and sorry for off-topic posting)

#14389 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey that sounds good to me!

Season should be called. Even if I wasnt a B’s fan, they should be given the cup as provided for in the rules. Whatever happens at this point has nothing to do with the season. Teams that were playing great hockey will be cooled off. Teams that were in the toilet will get hot. It’s been two months—this is just about money.

#14390 3 years ago

Remember when Iran was the talk of the town?

And the U.S. had 365 total cases?

March 7, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 6.06.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-07 at 6.06.52 PM (resized).png

Iran keeps getting pushed lower down the list.

5-21-2020

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 1.50.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 1.50.28 PM (resized).png

#14392 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I can't believe we have to go over this again but you probably shouldn't take this drug.
[quoted image]

I have been taking this drug for years when I go to Africa with zero problems. It has been around for 65 years. The drug is 100% safe and will have some side effects in some just like all prescription drugs.

#14393 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I wonder if he was taking TRT or steroids?
I've seen some studies and hypotheses that high testosterone has a negative effect on the outcome of infected males.
Lowering Testosterone May Reduce Severity of COVID-19 (May 15, 2020)
https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/lowering-testosterone-may-reduce-severity-covid-19

I would bet money he was on steroids and then when he got sick, stopped working out and got put on feeding tube for 6 weeks his body started dwendling away. A buddy of mine use to cycle steroids and he would blow up and then get skinny and blow up and get skinny. Dude is bald and has a steroid looking build to him.

#14394 3 years ago

They were always going to be setting up the next factory outside of California. First expansion was China (complete), then Europe (in progress) then another one somewhere in central USA, that was always the plan. The Fremont factory served it's purpose but it's not ideal because it was bought from GM/Toyota so it's an inefficient setup, it served it's purpose but it's long term future was always unsure. Their office for software people will remain wherever makes most sense which is California, the only thing they may change is move their HQ on paper to another state. Personally I think it's all a brilliant marketing move by Elon to get people in states that hate Tesla to now champion them, coincidentally in areas where trucks sell the most which happens to be the vehicle they will build there. It will also apply pressure to allow direct sales which are banned in many such states. Not a new formula of course, just turn something political then you can get your haters to love you.

Quoted from cottonm4:

There is a reason Tesla set up shop in California.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7
California is Tesla’s largest market. Something big needs to be done to help the Bay Area company, which has lost money every single year of its ten years of existence. And taxpayers are going to be shanghaied into doing it.

Personally I view energy independence as a national security issue, we need 100% energy independence and between solar and wind alone we can do it, so I'm in favor of anything that leads to that goal at the legislative level. Truth be told I don't think we go far enough, too many oil interests get in the way of progress and our energy independence but it's happening regardless, just taking longer than it should.

#14395 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don't forget the Canadians eh? I stand with my brothers too.

Yes...but do you ship poutine and Nanaima bars to American brothers in need?

#14396 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200521-150747~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200521-150747~2 (resized).png
#14397 3 years ago

Man we are coming up on fourth time around on some of these memes lately

#14398 3 years ago

Yea, opened and closed what, 5 or 6 times now? Some people never learn.

Sheesh!

#14399 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man we are coming up on fourth time around on some of these memes lately

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Yea, opened and closed what, 5 or 6 times now? Some people never learn.
Sheesh!

I just got some humor out of this one, so I figured I would share it.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/288?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.