272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 576.
#14250 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Im so tired of hearing
We are all in this together, During these difficult times and Stay Safe.... Before some big ass company asks you to buy their cheap ass china made crap ... ( Rant Over )

Last night I got fed up with local broadcasting (I don't watch enough TV to justify cable) and switched over to Netflix for the same reason. Yes it's good to have support and reassurance and hearing about people doing good things but I don't need to hear it EVERY commercial break.

First time they showed inner cities banging on pots and pans and everyone standing on patios talking to each other I thought that was neat. But when it's in every news segment for 4 weeks in a row it gets easy to change the channel again.

#14251 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]
Fox News' immediate reaction to the blockbuster revelation needs to be seen and understood: https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1262484136587132935

There’s no way he’s actually taking it.

If anything the docs just gave him vitamins and told him it’s what he asked for.

#14252 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

WOW, now there's a cool story for the grandkids

The cool story my ex wife told was Ford hit a golf ball during the Hope Classic which hit a spectator on the wrist requiring medical attention. After President Ford spoke to her I said to him, Hello Mr. President. He looked at me and said, "Hi James, how's the game". I responded, "Still better than yours sir". Everyone laughed that was near us. My ex had quite a look on her face.

#14253 3 years ago

Quarantine diet

Screenshot_20200516-012907~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200516-012907~2 (resized).png
#14254 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Quarantine diet[quoted image]

Costco has those boxes of jumbo freezies....

#14255 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If anything the docs just gave him vitamins and told him it’s what he asked for.

I wish someone would explain to him that some of his voters have lupus. And that they actually need this drug.

#14256 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I wish someone would explain to him that some of his voters have lupus. And that they actually need this drug.

D5C75D53-21C2-4895-9FE0-D9AE9233A55A.gifD5C75D53-21C2-4895-9FE0-D9AE9233A55A.gif

I know it’s no laughing matter but always the first thing that pops into my head

#14257 3 years ago

Notice to moderators - I am pre-screening all of my posts for you tonight and this is the only one that has passed my rigorous approval process. You are welcome.

#14258 3 years ago

How do generic cheese puffs (or cheesy poofs) compare to Cheetos? I've only had Cheetos when watching sports.

Watch until the end if you want to discover your new favorite sport!

#14259 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"I take the little dinosaur shaped ones. They're the best..."

immunity_support_chewable_big (resized).pngimmunity_support_chewable_big (resized).png

#14263 3 years ago

Today felt like the day where things just reactivated, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Kind of like the opposite of that day in March where things just shut down quickly after Tom Hanks got it and they cancelled the NCAA tourney. I really can't tell what's going to happen honestly. Most people aren't wearing masks around here, and the general vibe I get from everyone is that it's over and it's nothing to worry about anymore. Heck back in Nebraska I saw they're still going to play legion baseball despite them being one of the states still accelerating.

#14264 3 years ago

I do not go to the store anymore than I have to.

But when I do, if you do not keep at least 6 feet away from me, I will give you a evil stare, and if I have to sneeze, it will be aimed at you.

#14267 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

You're going to be seeing a lot of these headlines:
Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, wife in critical condition

Why is it always Florida Man?

#14268 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Last night I got fed up with local broadcasting (I don't watch enough TV to justify cable) and switched over to Netflix for the same reason. Yes it's good to have support and reassurance and hearing about people doing good things but I don't need to hear it EVERY commercial break.
First time they showed inner cities banging on pots and pans and everyone standing on patios talking to each other I thought that was neat. But when it's in every news segment for 4 weeks in a row it gets easy to change the channel again.

What? I have had Netflix in my house since 2008. I have never seen a commercial. I am staring to run into a lot of commercials on You Tube, but not Netflix. Are you sure you are talking about Netflix and not something else?

#14269 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I get your point, but good luck getting to the truth when dealing with China.

Totally understand what you're saying .
China has agreed to an investigation and the US has supported it as well .
It's in China's best interests to get to the bottom of this , as this crisis is bad for business .
As everyone's economies are interlinked more than ever , something like this is bad for everyone .
Time will tell whether an investigation is a waste of time or not .

#14270 3 years ago

Heres some unsettling stats

USA has less then 5% of the world's population and 30% of the covid cases.

36 million Americans are out of work

Highest unemployment since the great depression

Fed chair said last week. 40% of households making less then $40k a year lost a job in march

#14271 3 years ago

My wife got herself a new hat. I call it her "social distancing hat" because no one would want to get close to someone with it on.

20200518_183411 (resized).jpg20200518_183411 (resized).jpg
#14274 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

You're going to be seeing a lot of these headlines:
Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, wife in critical condition

from the article:

Brian Hitchens said was a self-proclaimed COVID-19 skeptic about a month ago, WPTV reported.

“I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” said Hitchens.

On Facebook, Hitchens said he believed the pandemic was “blown out of proportion” and said he was putting his faith in God.

“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” Hitchens explained.

Now, Hitchens and his wife are in the hospital after contracting the virus.

“I don’t want to see anyone go through what I went through,” Hitchens said. “This wasn’t some scare tactic that anybody was using. It wasn’t some made-up thing. This was a real virus you gotta take seriously.”

#14275 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sounds like a hair brain idea.

I agree. Lot of intetesting and strange idea's people come up with. Probably more of an attention getter...

#14276 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My wife got herself a new hat. I call it her "social distancing hat" because no one would want to get close to someone with it on. [quoted image]

I probably shouldn't say this, but your wife could use a shave.

#14278 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I probably shouldn't say this, but your wife could use a shave.

Hahahaha. I had to be the model today

#14280 3 years ago

While we’re on the subject, I’m surprised no one has commented on the President saying he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for almost two weeks as a preventative for COVID-19.

This is troubling on a few fronts.

First, we still don’t know if Hydroxychloroquine actually works to treat or prevent COVID-19 and the data we do have are mixed at best.

Secondly, the President is overweight and has known high cholesterol so he could be at higher risk for cardiac issues and thus Hydroxychloroquine could have risks for him.

Third, as a physician I am forced to wonder what the President’s doctor is thinking here. He is placing his patient on a medication with risks and without proven benefit. He also is putting the rest of the country’s physicians in a position to have to field more questions and demands from patients for “preventative” Hydroxychloroquine when that isn’t even an approved use of the medication.

#14281 3 years ago

Look at this chart that was used in Georgia (the USA state, not the country)
Note the dates along the bottom....

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/just-cuckoo-state-latest-data-mishap-causes-critics-cry-foul/182PpUvUX9XEF8vO11NVGO/amp.html

20200519_110606.jpg20200519_110606.jpg
#14282 3 years ago

I don't think he's taking it. He's saying that because there's been backlash, and it's his very mature way of pushing back.

#14283 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What? I have had Netflix in my house since 2008. I have never seen a commercial. I am staring to run into a lot of commercials on You Tube, but not Netflix. Are you sure you are talking about Netflix and not something else?

I switch away from TV (commercials) to Netflix (no commercials) to get away from said commercials that the person I had quoted was complaining about and I was agreeing on the same thing.

#14284 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

36 million Americans are out of work

Highest unemployment since the great depression

Fed chair said last week. 40% of households making less then $40k a year lost a job in march

Don't forget much of American health care access was tied to their job!

#14285 3 years ago

The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them

Finally read this. One of the best articles on "risk management" (mitigation) that I've seen so far.

4b606f11833550f7cb35de18b5a04bc4 (resized).png4b606f11833550f7cb35de18b5a04bc4 (resized).png
#14286 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is anyone actually surprised?

I'm not. At least we slowed things down a bit by being closed when we did. Even though said curve is rising again hopefully it won't rise as high as it could have had we done nothing at all.

#14287 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m surprised no one has commented on the President saying he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for almost two weeks as a preventative for COVID-19.

We mentioned it yesterday
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/285#post-5654606

#14288 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

While we’re on the subject, I’m surprised no one has commented on the President saying he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for almost two weeks as a preventative for COVID-19.
This is troubling on a few fronts.
First, we still don’t know if Hydroxychloroquine actually works to treat or prevent COVID-19 and the data we do have are mixed at best.
Secondly, the President is overweight and has known high cholesterol so he could be at higher risk for cardiac issues and thus Hydroxychloroquine could have risks for him.
Third, as a physician I am forced to wonder what the President’s doctor is thinking here. He is placing his patient on a medication with risks and without proven benefit. He also is putting the rest of the country’s physicians in a position to have to field more questions and demands from patients for “preventative” Hydroxychloroquine when that isn’t even an approved use of the medication.

Fourth. I believe that the majority of Americans think he's lying.

#14289 3 years ago
zthumbnail_image005 (resized).jpgzthumbnail_image005 (resized).jpg
#14290 3 years ago

I do not know anything about lupus outside of House MD memes, but I did see this: https://twitter.com/lisadubbels/status/1262565050922921986?s=19
Screenshot_20200519-112947~2.pngScreenshot_20200519-112947~2.png

#14292 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is anyone actually surprised?

Yes
323e79913e6afb99ba1a986c5362172f--ut-longhorns-cross-stitching small (resized).jpg323e79913e6afb99ba1a986c5362172f--ut-longhorns-cross-stitching small (resized).jpg

#14293 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them
Finally read this. One of the best articles on "risk management" (mitigation) that I've seen so far.
[quoted image]

I wish everyone would read that. The author updates the article as well. My wife believes her sneezes are above 200 mph.

#14295 3 years ago

We don’t want any more bad news to crush our reopening dreams, but I fear the issue of clean fresh indoor airflow is a big ugly monster waiting to pounce.

Politically and economically, the topic is like handling a live grenade.

#14296 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Maybe it's sad that nobody makes fun of the Netherlands, we're just not important enough. and a bit of

Wait till Christmas comes around, zwarte Pete

#14297 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Today felt like the day where things just reactivated, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Kind of like the opposite of that day in March where things just shut down quickly after Tom Hanks got it and they cancelled the NCAA tourney. I really can't tell what's going to happen honestly. Most people aren't wearing masks around here, and the general vibe I get from everyone is that it's over and it's nothing to worry about anymore. Heck back in Nebraska I saw they're still going to play legion baseball despite them being one of the states still accelerating.

Same around here. Last week, few people out walking together and if they were, they wore masks or walked one on sidewalk one in the street for distancing. Yesterday saw many many people pushing strollers next to each other on sidewalk, no masks, giving hugs as they separated. The playgrounds are to be opened soon, but people took the initiative and have torn down the police tape. Lots of laughing playing children...I worry about them.

I am witnessing a serious “the war is over and we won” vibe. Makes me very concerned for 6-10 weeks from now.

#14298 3 years ago

Ghost stories from cats:

Screenshot_20200519-112422~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200519-112422~2 (resized).png
#14299 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are pirin tablets:

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/286?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.