272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 576.
#14200 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

My partner works in an Age Care Facility and they are not allowed to wear masks as it scares the residents.

That’s not fair to your partner. 1/3 of US cases are in nursing homes. I don’t know what it’s like in Melbourne. But it sounds like they could be held liable if your partner gets it.

#14202 3 years ago

Gotta love all of the U.S. bashing by some people on here from other countries. Your obvious hate for the USA is sickening.

#14203 3 years ago

Moderna's small scale vaccine trial shows promise. A much larger phase of trials to come in the summer:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/18/coronavirus-vaccine-first-results/

#14204 3 years ago

Note that USA isn't part of this inquiry, it was raised by Australia, the EU nations, Canada, and others. The USA might have tossed their hat into the ring at a later time, but this is a sensible inquiry not an election-year hunt for blame.
The point is to have a impartial analysis and remove the reach of parties like America and China from messing with it for political purposes.

#14205 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gotta love all of the U.S. bashing by some people on here from other countries. Your obvious hate for the USA is sickening.

People seem to just be focused on the total numbers, which of course the US is going to have high totals as we have a much bigger population. The numbers that matter are the infection and death rates, which the US is doing better than a lot of the European countries, Netherlands, UK, Belgium, Spain Etc.

#14206 3 years ago

While not unexpected considering her age, this one still hurts.
If you haven't seen the Bletchley Park tv series, it's way better than Sherlock.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/bletchley-park-codebreaker-who-helped-change-course-world-war-ii-dies-aged-97-2855511

Bletchley Park codebreaker who helped change course of World War II dies aged 97

Tributes have been paid to Ann Mitchell, one of the last remaining Bletchley Park codebreakers, whose mathematical prowess helped change the course of World War II.

b25lY21zOjNhMjFjOTdlLTY4ZTMtNGFhZi05ZWI4LTZkNzk0ZWM4ZjZlNzpmYWVkNzM4OC01ZTg2LTQyYjQtOWYxMS03OWFkMWM2ODUwMDU= (resized).jpgb25lY21zOjNhMjFjOTdlLTY4ZTMtNGFhZi05ZWI4LTZkNzk0ZWM4ZjZlNzpmYWVkNzM4OC01ZTg2LTQyYjQtOWYxMS03OWFkMWM2ODUwMDU= (resized).jpg

#14207 3 years ago

Chyna bashing by most countries including ones own, ghosty posts so obviously some views go unheard. Life is life.

Anyway, when Replies are disallowed or filtered, "some" life views or experiences are censored... there's not really much discussion to participate in.

Fair enough though really, it is a pinball website... I'm here for pinball.

Back to the pinball future, bits, then ...

#14208 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Funny how RTR only accepts stories that fits his perspective and puts down others when they don’t. [quoted image]

Easy Blitz, we should be past this now.

#14209 3 years ago

I am having custom masks made for all of our organizations in this style:

DC72CAC4-2750-4E2D-8EB1-E8206F58D81F (resized).jpegDC72CAC4-2750-4E2D-8EB1-E8206F58D81F (resized).jpeg

84BB6035-0A71-4022-AA60-825A22782E44 (resized).jpeg84BB6035-0A71-4022-AA60-825A22782E44 (resized).jpeg

This is important for building trust and showing that we are taking this seriously.

1E0CA96F-D0E5-4B4F-B754-E7B7A4AD946A (resized).jpeg1E0CA96F-D0E5-4B4F-B754-E7B7A4AD946A (resized).jpeg

Actually our logo looks pretty cool on these! We will convey a sense of competency and back it up with an actual virus mitigation strategy that works: Continuous forced fresh airflow (the big one), masks on, hands sanitized at entry *and* exit, no eating or drinking inside, limited attendance, timed admission (like a movie matinee), two-machine distance rule.

It’ll be as safe as an indoor space can be, short of an ICU.

#14210 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Note that USA isn't part of this inquiry, it was raised by Australia, the EU nations, Canada, and others. The USA might have tossed their hat into the ring at a later time, but this is a sensible inquiry not an election-year hunt for blame.
The point is to have a impartial analysis and remove the reach of parties like America and China from messing with it for political purposes.

Does there really need to be an inquiry about where this originated at this point?

#14211 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is what happens when you're immersed in hagiography for years. Milquetoast critiques feel like a betrayal

#14212 3 years ago

Just found out my favorite pinball bar in Indy has closed up. Sucks.
RIP Sinking Ship.

#14213 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I am having custom masks made for all of our organizations in this style:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This is important for building trust and showing that we are taking this seriously.
[quoted image]
Actually our logo looks pretty cool on these! We will convey a sense of competency and back it up with an actual virus mitigation strategy that works: Continuous forced fresh airflow (the big one), masks on, hands sanitized at entry *and* exit, no eating or drinking inside, limited attendance, timed admission (like a movie matinee), two-machine distance rule.
It’ll be as safe as an indoor space can be, short of an ICU.

Looks good!!

#14214 3 years ago

From table 1 it looks like we peaked week of 4/1 and are coming down.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

#14215 3 years ago

I'm surprised we are the first country to call for an investigation into how all of this happened . China is our number one trading partner .
We have as much or more to lose as any other country .
China is threatening 80% tariff on our barley and stopping of lot of our meat exports .
Apparently 100 countries are supporting our push for an enquiry ( even Russia )
I'm sad to hear the USA isn't one of them .
Australia and the USA are mates .
Since World War 2 Australia has fought side-by-side with America in every war .
I thought they would have been the first to back us up .
If 100 + countries stuck together , China couldn't bully anyone .
I guess it's all political

#14216 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just found out my favorite pinball bar in Indy has closed up. Sucks.
RIP Sinking Ship.

To be fair, with that name you probably shoulda known it wasn’t going to end well.

#14217 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I don’t know if you know this but the Spanish flu came from Kansas. If you have netflix and watch the covid episode they talk about it.

I have read about that. From several different sources that all have different thoughts about how it started.

I'll go with the CDC website. It almost sounds like reading today's news.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/pandemic-timeline-1918.htm

Outbreaks of flu-like illness are first detected in the United States.

More than 100 soldiers at Camp Funston in Fort Riley, Kansas become ill with flu. Within a week the number of flu cases quintuples.

Sporadic flu activity spreads unevenly through the United States, Europe, and possibly Asia over the next six months.
-------------------------

Philadelphia is hit hard with the pandemic flu viruses—more than 500 corpses await burial, some for more than a week. Cold-storage plants are used as temporary morgues, a manufacturer of trolley cars donates 200 packing crates for use as coffins.

Chicago, along with many other cities across the United States, closes theaters, movie houses and night schools and prohibit public gatherings.

San Francisco’s Board of Health requires any person serving the public to wear masks and issues strong recommendation to all residents to wear masks in public.

New York City reports a 40 percent decline in shipyard productivity due to flu illnesses in the midst of World War I.

#14218 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Does there really need to be an inquiry about where this originated at this point?

If you want to learn how this all happened and to prevent it from ever happening again , then yes .

#14219 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you want to learn how this all happened and to prevent it from ever happening again , then yes .

I get your point, but good luck getting to the truth when dealing with China.

#14221 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We will never learn the Real reason this happened. It would just be a futile wild goose chase. Provocative. I would ask, will EVERY country provide Equal transparancy? Globaly? . They Should, but they won't. Other countries besides chyna would pose a problem.

There is plenty to learn from regardless. With much more to come.

There is still the scary dubious claims of mystery "evidence", heard that somewhere once upon a time before? ... well, at least our PM tried to pour cold water on that @!$%&*

#14223 3 years ago

2020 just gets worse as a Canadian Snowbird Plane crashed into a home in BC. 2 pilots ejected , 1 survived

#14224 3 years ago

Had the Golf Skins Game on yesterday. The TV is usually on in the background. There was no audience, which I realized later that I didn't hear that dufuss yell out, "Get In The Hole", on each Tee Off.

#14225 3 years ago

It would have been a super smart idea to have a decent sized contingent of our own physicians and CDC personnel stationed in China permanently to monitor things, sort of an early warning system.

Maybe even hire some locals to help us keep an eye on things. Maybe they will look into that. I mean since so many pandemics start off there and all.

#14226 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I get your point, but good luck getting to the truth when dealing with China.

I am of the Viet Nam era. When you lose trust in your government it is hard to regain it. This, and the older I get, I don't trust any politician to not lie his ass off when when it is convenient for him to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

" The original American report blamed North Vietnam for both incidents, but the Pentagon Papers, the memoirs of Robert McNamara, and NSA publications from 2005, proved that the US government lied to justify a war against Vietnam."

#14227 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Had the Golf Skins Game on yesterday. The TV is usually on in the background. There was no audience, which I realized later that I didn't hear that dufuss yell out, "Get In The Hole", on each Tee Off.

Hopefully Mashed Potatoes also has died of corona.

#14228 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am of the Viet Nam era. When you lose trust in your government it is hard to regain it. This, and the older I get, I don't trust any politician to not lie his ass off when when it is convenient for him to do so.
" The original American report blamed North Vietnam for both incidents, but the Pentagon Papers, the memoirs of Robert McNamara, and NSA publications from 2005, proved that the US government lied to justify a war against Vietnam."

I don’t trust either Government, that’s why I think an inquiry into the origins is a complete waste of time.

#14229 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

History repeats, then later you get "W.M.D." ... lies, leading to war. ... and then again, etc. ...

That's the scary dejavu feeling some of us are getting with this now, coming from aspects of general global media "coverage" on all the ... "evidence" story? . Something is tooo eerily familiar.

#14231 3 years ago

Does anyone else get this reference?
5F58A634-46DA-42C2-BA46-C4E67CDCDEA1 (resized).jpeg5F58A634-46DA-42C2-BA46-C4E67CDCDEA1 (resized).jpeg

Here’s the video

#14232 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am of the Viet Nam era. When you lose trust in your government it is hard to regain it

Growing up at our local golf course I saw how people were upset at Nixon's resignation. He seemed to be very, very popular. Until years later the same people would call him a crook. It left an impression on me as it took a long time for their feelings to change. But they did. I happened to have an encounter with Tricky Dick and Bebe Rebozo at Shoreciffs Golf club when I was in high school where he played. Not friendly. He sucked at golf. And had a guy watching me a couple years later practicing. For over an hour. I finally looked towards this member of Thunderbird CC and it was President Ford. He raised his hand and said, "Carry on". I later became his acquaintance. It was funny as he later said he was following my college golf career. We all get bored with time in our hands. This was 1979.

#14233 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

... or "Baba Booey!!!"

#14235 3 years ago
FB_IMG_1585558572356 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1585558572356 (resized).jpg
#14236 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I happened to have an encounter with Tricky Dick and Bebe Rebozo at Shoreciffs Golf club when I was in high school where he played. Not friendly. He sucked at golf.

Who is the "he"?

Tricky Dick and Bebe Rebozzo"... he played.. he sucked at golf.

#14237 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]

And this is a map of..... the red and the blue states?

and Texas is blue

#14238 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

and Texas is blue

Look closely at the key...

#14239 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Showing the states that preferred Blue, Red, and Purple Freezies.

OIPFreezies (resized).jpgOIPFreezies (resized).jpg

#14242 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I happened to have an encounter with Tricky Dick and Bebe Rebozo at Shoreciffs Golf club when I was in high school where he played. Not friendly. He sucked at golf. And had a guy watching me a couple years later practicing. For over an hour. I finally looked towards this member of Thunderbird CC and it was President Ford.

WOW, now there's a cool story for the grandkids

#14244 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Who is the "he"?
Tricky Dick and Bebe Rebozzo"... he played.. he sucked at golf.

Nixon played Shorecliffs because it wasn't as busy. To be fair, he and his friend were both epic bad. Ford wasn't very good either. Just much nicer. When Ford would play in the Bob Hope Desert Classic people would yell Forrrrrrrrrr d. President Ford had a pretty good attitude on a golf course. His secret service detail was pretty tame. Nixon's security detail was aggressive. There are some great stories from the founder of surfer magazine (John Severson) and the secret service closing down Cottons Point beach so he wouldn't surf there. This was after he took pictures of his neighbors (Nixon's) house and sold them to Life magazine. I played golf with John a few times. He didn't have anything nice to say about his former neighbor when we played.

#14245 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't think it's about US bashing as a country, and I'm sorry if I offended your country, I don't intend to. It's just that people have opinions, and seeing and reading about what happens in countries like Brazil, Russia, the USA and Belarus is strange, and people respond to comments made here. If there was a Brazilian here that would write a sentence like 'China's government just downplayed and lied about it to maintain order and avoid losing face', I'd respond the same way. The focus on the USA is logical, I think, for it's a very powerful and influential country and the absolute numbers of Covid-19 are high (like Jaybird815 justly says: the focus should be on percentages, not absolute numbers). Besides all that: in this forum, most users are American, so that's also a reason to have a focus on what happens in de USA.

Maybe it's sad that nobody makes fun of the Netherlands, we're just not important enough. and a bit of

#14246 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It has nothing to do with hating the USA. It has everything to do with seeing things from a different perspective.

#14247 3 years ago

Im so tired of hearing

We are all in this together, During these difficult times and Stay Safe.... Before some big ass company asks you to buy their cheap ass china made crap ... ( Rant Over )

#14248 3 years ago

Screenshot_20200518-195853~2.pngScreenshot_20200518-195853~2.png

Fox News' immediate reaction to the blockbuster revelation needs to be seen and understood: https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1262484136587132935

#14249 3 years ago

Kumbaya, America. (2 hours on “pause” gave me time to reflect)

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/285?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.