272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 576.
#13950 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Please gents continue the face mask etiquette in my place.

Advocating wearing a mask or keeping social distances is not the same thing as as encouraging people not to work...

#13951 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What's next , no cussing .

That shit wont work in canada. Swearing is part of our culture.

Quoted from srmonte:

Let's just juice another 3T!

I really hope that a plus side of this global government spending will be a removal of international corporate tax loop holes, and large businesses like amazon (just a random example because Bezos is rich) pay more of their share.

#13952 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stay strong everyone! We can get through this! We can continue to pass legislation that encourages people not to work! We can stay closed and safe until a cure is found! Businesses can continue to pay employees to stay home! Let's just juice another 3T! We got this! This is the new normal! We are saving lives! We only save lives, we do not ruin lives!
I mean who really needs to eat! Rent and mortgage paid through Jan 2021! I know I'm sold!
What there is a food and meat shortage? Who'd a thought? I am so confused? I was raised that money grows on trees. So this new normal is super difficult for me.
I know I will be permanently banned from this thread. Please gents continue the face mask etiquette in my place.
Gretta, what am I supposed to say next? You must have something. I mean Hollywood says you will be one of the greatest leaders of our time.

Your rant is interesting but again not based in reality. I don’t believe anyone here has suggested staying closed until a cure is found.

Obviously everyone understands that there is a balance between public health concerns and economic concerns. The trick is to figure out how to alleviate some of the economic problems while also minimizing the spread of the virus.

Unfortunately the math just boils down to the question of how many people dead are we as a nation willing to accept to put money back into our pockets? By the way, if you’re not willing to have your own mother, father or grandparents die for this; no fair saying it’s ok for other old people to die.

People will get infected as we reopen, people will die. Unfortunately if we don’t do this intelligently it will be a lot of people sick and a lot of people dead.

This virus doesn’t care what your political opinion is, it doesn’t care how tired you are of sheltering at home or whether you get a paycheck. You can rail about your politics all you want, the virus doesn’t care.

That’s why public health problems shouldn’t be managed by politicians but here we are.

P.S. I seriously doubt you will be banned for your post.

P.P.S. People that think wearing a mask in public is some form of communist control should also tell their surgeon and OR technicians that it’s ok for them to not wear a mask when they have their next operation.

#13953 3 years ago

They eyes are the groin of the head...protect them fellas.

Virologist hospitalized with coronavirus believes he got it through his eyes
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/virologist-hospitalized-coronavirus-believes-he-got-it-through-his-eyes-n1206956

tenor.giftenor.gif
#13954 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

McDonalds has released a 59 page booklet with instructions on how to reopen and what will be required of the franchisees.
how do you think this will work out?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/business/mcdonalds-reopening-instructions-coronavirus/index.html
1) Workers must clean and sanitize tables after each use and restrooms every 30 minutes. McDonald's (MCD) recommends using a tracking sheet to document the cleanings.
2) Restaurants don't have to turn on their touch-screen kiosks, but if they do, those screens and key pads have to be cleaned after every use.
3) They'll also have to close self-serve beverage bars.
4) Instead, employees must pour drinks out for customers, preferably using fountains usually designated for the drive-thru.

Gonna be a headache for sure. !

#13955 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

McDonalds has released a 59 page booklet with instructions on how to reopen and what will be required of the franchisees.
how do you think this will work out?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/business/mcdonalds-reopening-instructions-coronavirus/index.html
1) Workers must clean and sanitize tables after each use and restrooms every 30 minutes. McDonald's (MCD) recommends using a tracking sheet to document the cleanings.
2) Restaurants don't have to turn on their touch-screen kiosks, but if they do, those screens and key pads have to be cleaned after every use.
3) They'll also have to close self-serve beverage bars.
4) Instead, employees must pour drinks out for customers, preferably using fountains usually designated for the drive-thru.

McDonald’s employees aren’t paid enough to work this hard or care that much. If you want to go to McDonald’s go do mcdonalds but don’t think this corporate happy talk nonsense has any bearing on reality.

I worked a fast food job as a teenager like many of you did. That “handbook” would be a source of momentary amusement for me on that job and would be quickly forgotten, By myself along with all my 17 year old co-workers.

The same goes for all the similar New “regulations” we’ll be seeing at other places. It’s all nonsense, unfortunately.

#13956 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stay strong everyone! We can get through this! We can continue to pass legislation that encourages people not to work! We can stay closed and safe until a cure is found! Businesses can continue to pay employees to stay home! Let's just juice another 3T! We got this! This is the new normal! We are saving lives! We only save lives, we do not ruin lives!
I mean who really needs to eat! Rent and mortgage paid through Jan 2021! I know I'm sold!
What there is a food and meat shortage? Who'd a thought? I am so confused? I was raised that money grows on trees. So this new normal is super difficult for me.
I know I will be permanently banned from this thread. Please gents continue the face mask etiquette in my place.
Gretta, what am I supposed to say next? You must have something. I mean Hollywood says you will be one of the greatest leaders of our time.
Oil is bad!!!
Thank you Gretta we were unaware

Are you doing ok over there dude?

#13957 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stay strong everyone! We can get through this! We can continue to pass legislation that encourages people not to work! We can stay closed and safe until a cure is found! Businesses can continue to pay employees to stay home! Let's just juice another 3T! We got this! This is the new normal! We are saving lives!

I couldn’t agree more. If everybody had the same attitude we’d turn this thing around much more quickly.

#13958 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Oil is bad!!!
Thank you Gretta we were unaware

sigh

#13959 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If this instead encourages McD and other places to abandon those godforsaken kiosks, and go back to paying human beings to efficiently process your order, instead of making everyone wait to self-serve behind everyone hunt-pecking confusing grimy menus trying to find and customize what they want, then hooray for the one single positive to come out of Covid19.

#13960 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I know I will be permanently banned from this thread.

get down off your cross, we could use the wood.

#13961 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The same goes for all the similar New “regulations” we’ll be seeing at other places. It’s all nonsense, unfortunately.

You got, man.

I took me a long time when working corporate to figure out that meetings addressing difficult issues an employee might make have to make during work floor decision were designed primarily as a way for management to cover its ass and say, " We have addressed that with our employees. It is not our fault the employee did not follow instructions. "

#13962 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Wisconsin’s Supreme Court just struck down their stay at home order and apparently within 45 minutes of the verdict bars were packed with people who were almost 100% not wearing masks or any PPE.

So on brand. This is why we can't have nice things.

#13963 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I know I will be permanently banned from this thread.

If that's the best you've got , I don't think you'll be missed .

#13964 3 years ago

Unfortunately the math just boils down to the question of how many people dead are we as a nation willing to accept to put money back into our pockets? By the way, if you’re not willing to have your own mother, father or grandparents die for this; no fair saying it’s ok for other old people to die.

it also needs to be stressed is that the math here tends to involve lower-income workers' lives, and often workers of marginalized communities. Those, and the lives of our elderly, are the lives we are playing with.

#13965 3 years ago

New York and New Jersey required nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, Florida & Georgia prohibited nursing homes from admitting such patients even if they had an elevated temperature or respiratory congestion.

The different results of these different policies are exactly what you would expect. And in my opinion, this one policy enacted by NY & NJ constitutes over one quarter of all the deaths in this country.

But that Cuomo guy...he’s one fine, fancy talker!
We really should all listen to him and his adoring sycophants in the press.

What the fuck were these two states thinking and who are the people putting faith in any decisions they’re still yet to make?

#13966 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This sums up my feelings on Bill Gates pretty well. [quoted image]

I'm not going to defend Bill Gates, but it's amazing how far Qanon has spread through America.
If you ever want to know an outsider's perspective, we're all watching this happen with eyes bulging, mouthing "W T F" from behind the glass.

#13967 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Well he has done sweet fuck all for me.

That's good because it means you aren't suffering from one of the ailments he has used his billions to help cure or mitigate.

Quoted from chad:

Can't wait for the social credit score to come to the states. Facebook wants to implement it. Complete control of us. What's next , no cussing . You are fined 1 credit for a violation of the verbal morality statue..

You're behind the times, our current administration has already added morality penalties. One example, I'm not entitled to any stimulus check or financial relief of any sort because I legally film girls for a living, so I effectively have been hit with a violation of the morality statute. Naturally they are happy to take my tax money though...

#13968 3 years ago

85,000 American have died choking on their own lung fluid from a virus, in a little more than 60 days. That's a lot of dead people.

People don't have to agree on everything, but a modicum of caution surely is warranted. Wearing a mask in public is so restrictive and oppressive that we should rather sacrifice another 85K? Another 200K? How many dead people are worth not having to at least wear a mask? Be honest.

#13969 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

85,000 American have died choking on their own lung fluid from a virus, in a little more than 60 days. That's a lot of dead people.
People don't have to agree on everything, but a modicum of caution surely is warranted. Wearing a mask in public is so restrictive and oppressive that we should rather sacrifice another 85K? Another 200K? How many dead people are worth not having to at least wear a mask? Be honest.

I'll tell you what really worries me. Now that we have seen all these morons that refuse to take simple precautions like wearing a mask in public, it dawned on me that a shitload of these same idiots will probably refuse to get the vaccine if/when one is available.

#13970 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'll tell you what really worries me. Now that we have seen all these morons that refuse to take simple precautions like wearing a mask in public, it dawned on me that a shitload of these same idiots will probably refuse to get the vaccine if/when one is available.

Yep. But it's nothing new. That's the exact same reason we get a mumps or measles outbreak still here and there. Herd immunity kicks in at an estimated 68-72% of exposure/vaccination. They get to freeload on the rest of us (this is literally the original use of the term freeload, which is ironic) and enjoy a return to pre-pandemic normal activity. It happened after the 1918 Flu, it'll happen again here. But there aren't enough of these guys that are so tough to not need masks (yet require a bazooka to order a sandwich at Subway for some purpose) to make us test that vaccination rate. They are the squeakiest wheels, but they aren't plentiful enough to concern ourselves over hitting the herd immunity eventually.

#13972 3 years ago

things are really starting to pick up in Brazil: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/brazil/

We think USA has it bad, but Brazil and India are where I'm watching over the next 2 weeks.

#13975 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Maryland Coronavirus report 5/16
Local grocery store was stocked to pre-COVID levels today for all items except TP today... and so long as they keep tortillas in stock I'm golden there.

I'm 15 miles from the Mason-Dixon, and I'll be doing my shopping in MD apparently sooner than here in PA.
Drats.

#13976 3 years ago

So apparently about 1/3 of the Covid deaths in the USA and some other countries are from those in nursing homes. Nursing homes have a very high mortality rate. Most people that go to a nursing home are very sick and die within months of admittance. So would it be fair to say that this somewhat changes the outlook on the numbers of this virus?

Now factor in studies that show that maybe in most cities the number that have already had the virus is MUCH higher than previously thought. And these people that have had it didn't even know they had it.

Also factor in reports that some who die for another reason but have Covid are being added to the number of Covid deaths.

If you add all of this together, might it be that the virus is not as bad as we believe? Could it be that the percentage of deaths from this is actually much lower than being reported.

Just a thought. Please don't get mad or angry. My family stays at home and we wear masks and gloves when shopping and getting gas. I believe in the sanctity of life and would never put anyone at risk. Just sitting around gives a person a lot of time to think about things.

#13977 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'd wager China alone has had well over 100k deaths. Not a snowballs chance in hell the country where this started has only had 4600 deaths.

Just based on the number of cremation urns delivered to Wuhan ALONE once things calmed down, the death rate for just that area was 5-8x higher than China said. So even taking a lowball 4x more figure based on those Wuhan deception, that would make China's deaths over 300k. But if you take the actual Wuhan range, that's 400k-640k dead in China.

Russia's doing the same thing. I saw a news story last night that about 60% of their COVID-19 deaths are not being classified as such to hide the real death toll. They're being put down as heart attack, respiratory illness, cancer, etc.

So, yeah, there's a political component to all this that isn't helping anyone.

#13978 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

things are really starting to pick up in Brazil: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/brazil/
We think USA has it bad, but Brazil and India are where I'm watching over the next 2 weeks.

There are a lot of deaths in a fairly short time, but Brazil has a huge population, so on a deaths per 100k basis, they don't even rank and are a long way from ranking. Right now they're at about 7 deaths per 100k. The US is at about 25 per 100k. Spain is at 50-ish per 100k. Belgium is at over 75 per 100k. So Brazil is less than 10% the deaths per 100k of the worst in the world, Belgium.

#13979 3 years ago

My favorite quarantine pastime is spending 20 minutes agonizing over which tv show I should put on and pay 15% attention to.

#13980 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That's good because it means you aren't suffering from one of the ailments he has used his billions to help cure or mitigate.

You're behind the times, our current administration has already added morality penalties. One example, I'm not entitled to any stimulus check or financial relief of any sort because I legally film girls for a living, so I effectively have been hit with a violation of the morality statute. Naturally they are happy to take my tax money though...

You still use film?

#13981 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My favorite quarantine pastime is spending 20 minutes agonizing over which tv show I should put on

Only 20 minutes, slacker!

#13982 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

New York and New Jersey required nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, Florida & Georgia prohibited nursing homes from admitting such patients even if they had an elevated temperature or respiratory congestion.
The different results of these different policies are exactly what you would expect. And in my opinion, this one policy enacted by NY & NJ constitutes over one quarter of all the deaths in this country.
What the fuck were these two states thinking and who are the people putting faith in any decisions they’re still yet to make?

I read this and thought “that can’t be right. They couldn’t be that foolish could they?” Had to look it up. Damn.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-sent-recovering-coronavirus-patients-to-nursing-homes-it-was-a-fatal-error-11589470773

#13983 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Mexico also:

https://news.sky.com/story/mexico-city-underreporting-covid-19-deaths-sky-news-analysis-finds-11987235

#13984 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My favorite quarantine pastime is spending 20 minutes agonizing over which tv show I should put on and pay 15% attention to.

This one's for you then, Daditude, if you missed it.

Hmmm Brisket (resized).pngHmmm Brisket (resized).png
#13985 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

This one's for you then, Daditude, if you missed it.[quoted image]

I actually went to a buccees to get gas a few days ago. They all have a bronze buccee beaver statue right outside the front door. This time, he had a mask!

20200510_125435 (resized).jpg20200510_125435 (resized).jpg20200510_125440 (resized).jpg20200510_125440 (resized).jpg
#13986 3 years ago

I can tell things are starting to open back up. I'm starting to get Robocalls, again.

IMO, it has already been proved that these bastards can be shut down; I hope the authorities keep their foot on that gas and not sell out my cell phone.

#13987 3 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

If you add all of this together, might it be that the virus is not as bad as we believe?

It's as bad as we believe, maybe worse once we're looking back and have more clarity. The hyper-coagulability feature alone turns your blood to gel, and there's no knowing how badly or even IF this special feature will hit any one person. That's a very bad thing, and massive clotting has contributed to strokes in young, healthy adults, and heart attacks and strokes and older adults. One doctor described removing a massive clot from a patient and seeing a new blood clot form in real time as he pulled the existing clot out.

It's also massively transmissible, which is really bad. And if you survive, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, permanent organ damage will shave unknown years off survivor's lives just for having it.

And then there's the Kawasaki-disease-like symptoms that's hitting very young kids and killing some. There's a lot we still don't even know about the virus, but everything we learn about it so far has been bad.

#13988 3 years ago

To be fair, that billboard has been up long before COVID-19 was an issue. They run a series of signs in a row, like Burma Shave. The one preceding the Risk It For Brisket one says something about holding your pee for a few more miles.

Debate the risks of exploding your bladder and contaminating your innards with urine as you wish. But it’s not that brazen.

#13989 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

To be fair, that billboard has been up long before COVID-19 was an issue. They run a series of signs in a row, like Burma Shave. The one preceding the Risk It For Brisket one says something about holding your pee for a few more miles.
Debate the risks of exploding your bladder and contaminating your innards with urine as you wish. But it’s not that brazen.

Damn. That sign was so much funnier when I thought they were actually asking people to risk their lives for some brisket.

#13990 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Screenshot_20200515-155807~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200515-155807~2 (resized).png
#13991 3 years ago

Not my pig, not my farm.

#13993 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

PA also forced nursing homes to take in their covid residents. And what do you know? 70% of all covid deaths in PA are from nursing homes. And wait there’s more. The good doctor herself moved her mother out of the nursing home BEFORE making the rule.
https://m.theepochtimes.com/pennsylvania-health-secretary-moves-mother-out-of-nursing-home_3349303.html

#13994 3 years ago

I like this. If we’re going to stand 6 feet apart at the beer store, may as well do some creative advertising.

59856A16-94AB-450C-A6CC-6BACEDD9FF01 (resized).jpeg59856A16-94AB-450C-A6CC-6BACEDD9FF01 (resized).jpeg

#13995 3 years ago

Your rant is interesting but again not based in reality. I don’t believe anyone here has suggested staying closed until a cure is found.
Obviously everyone understands that there is a balance between public health concerns and economic concerns. The trick is to figure out how to alleviate some of the economic problems while also minimizing the spread of the virus.
People will get infected as we reopen, people will die. Unfortunately if we don’t do this intelligently it will be a lot of people sick and a lot of people dead.
This virus doesn’t care what your political opinion is, it doesn’t care how tired you are of sheltering at home or whether you get a paycheck. You can rail about your politics all you want, the virus doesn’t care.
That’s why public health problems shouldn’t be managed by politicians but here we are.
P.S. I seriously doubt you will be banned for your post.
P.P.S. People that think wearing a mask in public is some form of communist control should also tell their surgeon and OR technicians that it’s ok for them to not wear a mask when they have their next operation.

I lived in Japan for two years and the Japanese wear masks anytime they get sick, even for the common cold. Japan is an American ally and democracy but wearing a mask is part of their culture's way of being considerate of those around them.

I actually admired that part of Japanese culture and have been dismayed at how many people in my state (and nationally) are blowing a gasket and acting as if being asked to wear a mask somehow infringes on their Constitutional rights. I am a lifelong conservative but this line of thinking just strikes me as ridiculous and very selfish.

On a side note, I do agree with OP that the N.P.'s plan to spend another 3 Trillion is over the top and politically motivated. We can't just keep printing money and pretend there won't be a serious day of reckoning in the future. We are sending significant sums even to those who have jobs and don't necessarily need it. Some measure of sanity and reality has to come back into play here.

#13996 3 years ago

Another side to the Covid pandemic in Italy by MP Sara Cunial. Youtube Sara Cunial speaks truth about Covid 19. Perspective in their house of parliament from one of the worst affected countries in the world. Maybe Gates isn't a savior after all.

#13997 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

On a side note, I do agree with OP that the N.P.'s plan to spend another 3 Trillion is over the top and politically motivated. We can't just keep printing money and pretend there won't be a serious day of reckoning in the future. We are sending significant sums even to those who have jobs and don't necessarily need it. Some measure of sanity and reality has to come back into play here.

I don’t know that it’s any more politically motivated than the previous legislation, but as a fiscally conservative liberal I agree that this spending is getting to be as scary as the virus. There are only 2 ways that it ends: hyperinflation or default, and both are very bad scenarios.

#13998 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I've heard that mentioned in American media quite a bit over the years usually by various political figures, I just assumed they were lying because I've never encountered anyone family or friend that had a long wait. Likewise one of my cousins is a heart surgeon, he was even flown to China once to operate on some political figure there, the wait thing is not something he's seen. My experience is with Quebec though, maybe it's different in other provinces.

It is actually quite common. It isn't media propaganda. I was a medical rep and talked with these doctors frequently.

#13999 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Not my pig, not my farm.

ALLEGEDLY

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/280?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.