272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 576.
#13550 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its definitely a scary decision.

I would rather get the virus than a 9 month rushed vaccine. Perhaps they will give us a choice.

#13551 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I can tell you one thing once the vaccine comes out. I’m not shooting up! You push something so fast like that. Bad things are going to happen.

especially over a virus with a .000002 chance of death. Lets be honest, this thing was no where near what old dr evil thought it was going to be

#13552 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The real sad part is that these people vote.

There are scary, fringe people on both political sides that vote. I find comfort in they cancel each other.

#13553 3 years ago

Its getting worse guys...

7fu6qgn (resized).jpg7fu6qgn (resized).jpg
#13554 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The real sad part is that these people vote.

No, the sad part is that a lot of sensible people don’t vote.

#13555 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

especially over a virus with a .000002 chance of death.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have over 80,000 people dead in our country from a virus with only a ".000002 chance of death".

#13556 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not exactly a line of work people are dying to get into right now.

Au contraire

#13557 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have over 80,000 people dead in our country from a virus with only a ".000002 chance of death".

Yup. Oh, but the flu and cancer kill more people! I'm so tired of hearing that argument, its insulting to those affected by this virus. These are 80,000 + unnecessary deaths that are in addition to other causes and they didn't need to happen.

#13558 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet you are wrong because Krogers doesn't pay for shit from what i have heard and ive heard Wal Mart doesn't pay too bad. Wal Mart has buying power because of how much product that they buy. That gives them power which isnt always a good thing either.

No retail job pays anything to amount to crap, unless you are in some sort of management. And, of course, those who work in corporate will tend to do better than the outliers.

Kroger is located in 42 states. That is big enough to gain buying power. I would be willing to bet it gets pretty much the same prices as Walmart. But we are talking mostly about groceries, not general merchandise.

#13559 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

especially over a virus with a .000002 chance of death. Lets be honest, this thing was no where near what old dr evil thought it was going to be

Could you explain your math on that? Just the basic numbers you used to arrive at a 0.000002% chance of death.

#13560 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This is absolutely false. Please do some actual research.

#13561 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’d be in that 5%, I love feeling the breeze while I’m out in public. Solves the 6 foot problem too!

What are you using for a measuring stick

#13562 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Hahaha. You don’t do math well
80000 dead in USA. USA population 328000000.

.........80 000 ..........X
—————-—...=....——-
328 000 000 .........100

Percentage of population dead currently from covid = ~ 0.024%

If it was truly .000002% that would be 6 people dead in USA

#13563 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Bill gates’ quote about vaccines and population control are always taken out of context. Bill was talking about 3rd world countries where families have huge lots of children because infant/child mortality is so high. The countries where families have 10 kids because there’s a good chance 1/2 will die from malnutrition or disease. If parents don’t have to worry about multiple child deaths, then they may have less child births. Hopefully only have enough to kids to care for ect. In order to do this you don’t just need vaccinations you also needs education and contraception, and it just so happens that these are the things being improved in 3rd world countries.
Population control through birth rates and education and vaccines.

If you ever go to some the old cemeteries in the US, you are walking into history. You will see many many gravestones of a child that has died who was less than 5 years old. And many who were babies less than one year old.

I have never married and have no children; One day a Vietnamese co-worker asked me who would be looking after me when I got older.

In the lesser developed societies having many children are cheap labor for working on the farm and the retirement package as you get old. And you are correct; As more education gets distributed, the family sizes are coming down.

#13564 3 years ago

If we do the math globally. We’re at about 0.00365% of the worlds population has already died from covid and that Number is changing daily.

Again your .000002% number would be 156 deaths worldwide. It’s safe to say wherever you got that number from it was inaccurate

#13565 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Great point.

#13566 3 years ago

It is interesting to see who up-thumbs someone and who down-thumbs someone. I have a couple of down-voting hell hounds on my trail. Does not matter what I say, they are always there

#13567 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This is absolutely false. Please do some actual research.

He gets fringe emails and memes from his buddies. What else do you need?

#13568 3 years ago

I have been following the data and trends on worldometers from the beginning. Every weekend in April and May the numbers drop significantly hitting a low on Sunday then start going back up on Monday. Can anyone explain how the virus knows it’s the weekend?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

#13569 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I can't laugh at these comments any harder. tom foolery.

You are welcome. I generally do two shows a day - don't forget to tip your bartender and wait staff!

Thank you for coming to the Covid Lounge!

#13570 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Can anyone explain how the virus knows it’s the weekend?

Information / death count is not collected and forwarded as efficiently during week ends?

#13571 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I have been following the data and trends on worldometers from the beginning. Every weekend in April and May the numbers drop significantly hitting a low on Sunday then start going back up on Monday. Can anyone explain how the virus knows it’s the weekend?

The virus doesn’t care, but reporting agencies do.

#13572 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Information / death count is not collected and forwarded as efficiently during week ends?

Hospitals just aren't the same on the weekends as they are during the week. Lower staffing in admin, reporting, billing, IT, and other non-healthcare areas.

#13573 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not according to their own website as to how they collect data. Also, the healthcare system works around the clock 24/7/365, especially during this pandemic and hard hit areas such as New York as all eyes are clearly on daily data. I don’t believe this is the case, but I’ve been wrong before.

Regardless, the good news is places like Georgia, who opened weeks ago, continues to see their numbers in decline in spite of opening.

#13574 3 years ago

Really just goes to show how the death count is likely much higher than reported.

Here - this being America and all - a campaign is well underway to pretend that the death count is way overstated and a media / political conspiracy to make the people in charge look bad. Nobody is actually dying. It’s fake news.

Sometimes the best 6 seconds of my day is right when I wake up and forget that all of this is going on.

#13575 3 years ago

Who opened the crazy flood gates? I thought posts needed approval?

#13576 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes the best 6 seconds of my day is right when I wake up and forget that all of this is going on.

I’m jealous...I only get 5 seconds at best...damn.

#13577 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Nobody wants to die on their day off.

#13578 3 years ago

There are always two sides to every story.

Those that think we are giving up liberty because they live in debt or way above their means and are now floundering, and those that see it as new liberty, or a long overdue paid vacation.

#13579 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Regardless, the good news is places like Georgia, who opened weeks ago, continues to see their numbers in decline in spite of opening.

Georgia is spiking since reopening.

"Georgia started the process of reopening its economy on April 24, something Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was firmly against. The mayor warned of more covid-19 deaths if the state opened back up too soon. It seems she was right.

On the same day that Gov. Brian Kemp lifted Georgia’s stay-at-home order for most residents, Georgia confirmed that its covid-19 death toll increased by 1,400 within 24 hours, according to figures posted by the Georgia Department of Health, Savannah Now reported.
Georgia’s total number of cases has increased to nearly 33,500, according to Worldometer."

#13580 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Who opened the crazy flood gates? I thought posts needed approval?

I was wondering about that too.

#13581 3 years ago

What kind of folks bring an AT4, a giant pipe wrench, and a giant cosplay gun to a lockdown protest?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anti-lockdown-protesters-carry-weapons-north-carolina-sandwich-shop-n1204081

#13582 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nobody wants to die on their day off.

Agreed...sometimes the simplest explanations are the correct ones.

#13583 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There are scary, fringe people on both political sides that vote. I find comfort in they cancel each other.

It's the horseshoe theory, where people on the far ends of both political sides are so patently insane that they are effectively pulled from the same bucket of madness. They break down into two types, those who do it for financial gain like TV personalities, internet websites, product sellers, etc, who prey on people that are easy to deceive with fantastical theories then milk them for every dollar they can by doubling down on their insanity counting on the flock to follow with clicks and dollars. Then there is their prey who can be made to believe *anything* and converted into loyal worker bees who will do anything for The Cause (tm) while they are fleeced taken for a ride the entire way.

It's nothing new, been happening for decades but the predators have realized how much more power they have in the internet age and as such have been able to gather far larger mindless flocks that will hurt themselves if their master demands it without question. Definitely scary to watch, but fascinating at the same time.

#13584 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you ever go to some the old cemeteries in the US, you are walking into history. You will see many many gravestones of a child that has died who was less than 5 years old. And many who were babies less than one year old.

Here’s another opportunity for a lesson. People assume that because in the Bronze Age the life expectancy was 26 years old that nobody lived to be a very old age. This is untrue. People were capable of living a long healthy life unfortunately infant/child mortality rates were so high that the average gets dropped to 26 years old. That’s how averages work one person lives to 80 while 10 more die before they’re 5 years old.

People don’t live longer now-a-days. Medicine has improved enough to keep the weak and young alive until they grow to be strong and old.

#13585 3 years ago

People are clearly starting to crack:

Screenshot_20200511-124002~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200511-124002~2 (resized).png
#13587 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is he from Florida? And he don't look like a parrot, more like a human male!

#13588 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I hope your actual name is Rick, Glenn, or Maggie, because I’m going to need a squad. If your name is Shane, you are needed, but only for a little while...

Shane. I’ll bring Otis.

#13589 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I woke up today feeling like I might have been smoking crack. Then just as I plugged in the coffee the power went out. Third time during this pandemic.

Back on now, but I get the feeling I will be able to use this little beauty I purchased during the last outage yet. Stimulus dollars in action.
DSCN6868 (resized).JPGDSCN6868 (resized).JPG

#13591 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I know that's the prevailing theory but it just doesn't make sense to me somehow. I believe if you polled all of the non-voters, they would be political split as is the country. Human nature is not exclusive to any political party. In my opinion it's the people that crossed political lines that make the difference. That's a twofer vote and substantial.

#13592 3 years ago
How-to-give-hand-2020.gifHow-to-give-hand-2020.gif
#13593 3 years ago

The latest news I heard yesterday is they are now predicting 140,000 dead in the US by Aug 1, where as a week ago I believe that was by the end of August.

Any guesses about the end of June now that much of the country is reopening?

The reality is they just wanted to slow the spread and make the pandemic last longer so the medical industry would not be overwhelmed all at once, and in many places the hospitals are yet to be. That might change soon enough though.

#13594 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Georgia is spiking since reopening.
"Georgia started the process of reopening its economy on April 24, something Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was firmly against. The mayor warned of more covid-19 deaths if the state opened back up too soon. It seems she was right.
On the same day that Gov. Brian Kemp lifted Georgia’s stay-at-home order for most residents, Georgia confirmed that its covid-19 death toll increased by 1,400 within 24 hours, according to figures posted by the Georgia Department of Health, Savannah Now reported.
Georgia’s total number of cases has increased to nearly 33,500, according to Worldometer."

What? 1,400 deaths in 24 hours? When? Not even New York had those kind of numbers. Georgia has 1,441 total deaths since this whole thing started according to worldometers and you are saying 1,400 of them took place on a single day and the other 41 the other two months???

You clearly have misread the data somewhere or there was a misprint. Their daily deaths have been about the same or on the decline since they opened. Yesterday Georgia had 4 new deaths. On average they have had about 50 daily deaths going back to before they opened as I have been following Georgia since they first started talking about being the first state to ease restrictions. This info you provided is a perfect example of the kind of misinformation that is everywhere and that people latch on to.

#13595 3 years ago

Had to take a 6 hour break this morning and venture back to the 50’s and enter an untouched basement filled with knotty pine, a old school workbench, a handmade bar and of course a shuffleboard lane made from different colored asbestos tiles!?

Started to wonder what they feared during that time period.
Polio
Commies
Nuclear annihilation
The clap

69112F7F-6F31-4820-AD5D-B41A253F9E6C (resized).jpeg69112F7F-6F31-4820-AD5D-B41A253F9E6C (resized).jpeg
#13596 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

What kind of folks bring an AT4, a giant pipe wrench, and a giant cosplay gun to a lockdown protest?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anti-lockdown-protesters-carry-weapons-north-carolina-sandwich-shop-n1204081

D!cks do

dPXJiij (resized).jpgdPXJiij (resized).jpgifv9YKt (resized).jpgifv9YKt (resized).jpg
#13597 3 years ago

Back in the day. Before truth in advertising.

Not Covid related but this is where the action and curiosity lives.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-17 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).png

#13599 3 years ago

Why aren't these stores hiring bouncers?

Yep, 2020, America. Supermarket bouncers.

I can't say I'm shocked by how little these companies are doing to aid protect their workers and their customers, but I'm still disappointed. These people will do ANYTHING to save a buck.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/272?hl=fymf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.