272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 576.
#13500 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The name was apparently his girlfriends idea, but I've yet to see one media source mention that.

The A-12 came from the pecurser to the SR-71 Blackbird.

#13502 3 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/06/millions-develop-tuberculosis-tb-covid-19-lockdown

Found this on another forum.

Titles like this are a little infuriating.

Seems to me a first glance at this title want to lead you on to think that Covid-19 and/or the act of staying at home CAUSES TB. Duh anything going on untreated that CAN become serious WILL become serious.

#13503 3 years ago

Speaking of reading news articles online that I noticed....

When you are reading an article, check out the URL of said article.

I noticed as things develop throughout the first day and first week the article title might change. This isn't uncommon. As they modify the title of an article, the URL like will likely remain the same. If you check out the URL you can usually tell what the original title was or what one of their last drafts was before it was launched on the web site.

#13504 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The tax the State gets on sales , you know government will do anything to collect sales tax...regardless what is going on. Thats why.

I read somewhere that around 30 of the 50 states receive more state revenues from lottery ticket sales than from corporate taxes....keep those touch screen lottery dispensers open! No risk of spreading germs there!
DCDEA4FC-C1D1-4EC4-BE4D-EB9A664AE0E5 (resized).jpegDCDEA4FC-C1D1-4EC4-BE4D-EB9A664AE0E5 (resized).jpeg

#13505 3 years ago

I went to get takeout from one of my favorite restaurants today. I parked out front, phoned my order in and said I was parked out front and please call me so I can come in to get my order. The cashier space is small so I don't want to stand there waiting if others are coming and going. The waitress on the phone tells me it's going to be 20 minutes. I wait about 30 minutes and this older couple pull up and go to the front of the restaurant. The lady is coughing hoarsely and of the two, only she goes in while her partner stays outside. Now who knows what she has, COPD or emphysema, but you just don't take your cough with you into a public place at this time. 20 minutes later she comes out with their take out and they leave. I still have not heard anything and I'm thinking I don't want to go in there now. I wait a bit longer until it's been an hour and I leave. I go somewhere else, get food, come home and eat. 2 hours after initial order time, the waitress finally phones to tell me my order is ready! Her excuse for the late call is that they got busy, but I know she's lying. My food was probably sitting for over an hour and she just neglected to phone me back as I asked. She then asked why I did not come in and wait and I explained I'm not going to come in when some lady is hacking up a lung. She then asks me if I still want the food and I said 'no'.

We're pretty fortunate where I live. And I've been lucky that I can work from home. Although I've gained about 5lbs since working from home 8(?) weeks ago.

Rob

#13507 3 years ago
117BE754-4829-4653-ACB5-CEBFAE912019.gif117BE754-4829-4653-ACB5-CEBFAE912019.gif
#13509 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What if government required people to be Naked during quarantine times?. Probably 95% stay home .

I’d be in that 5%, I love feeling the breeze while I’m out in public. Solves the 6 foot problem too!

#13510 3 years ago

I talked to mom today and told her if any flowers show up at the place, don't touch them or stick your nose in them.

#13511 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The waitress on the phone tells me it's going to be 20 minutes. I wait about 30 minutes and this older couple pull up and go to the front of the restaurant. The lady is coughing hoarsely and of the two, only she goes in while her partner stays outside. Now who knows what she has, COPD or emphysema, but you just don't take your cough with you into a public place at this time. 20 minutes later she comes out with their take out and they leave. I still have not heard anything and I'm thinking I don't want to go in there now. I wait a bit longer until it's been an hour and I leave. I go somewhere else, get food, come home and eat. 2 hours after initial order time, the waitress finally phones to tell me my order is ready! Her excuse for the late call is that they got busy, but I know she's lying.

You made the right call leaving once the coughing lady showed up. Screw that place anyway. But you can look at it like they did you a favor.

At a recent birthday party in Pasadena, one young woman showed up coughing and joked about it saying she must have virus. Turns out she did.

#13512 3 years ago

My 21-year-old son came over today and brought flowers and a bottle of red wine for my wife, then gave her a big unmasked hug. I’ve never felt so proud and concerned all at the same time.

#13513 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:Deleted post

Ben said it better

86F0CA81-4F91-458F-9AE5-B23D2D85D512 (resized).png86F0CA81-4F91-458F-9AE5-B23D2D85D512 (resized).png
#13514 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:Deleted post

So you dont think that the people should let the government tell them what to do but you are on here barking out orders like Hitler telling everyone how they should live and act. Makes sense to me.......

#13518 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

I spent most of my childhood in KS. The most common way we would meet our neighbors is when the tornado sirens would sound. Everyone would go outside to look for the tornado. It has played out the same way in every town I have lived.

The tornado siren would sound, everyone goes outside. Next thing I know me and my neighbors are drink beer and looking to the sky to see if we can see it. A few beers later we have our lawn chairs out and are getting to know each other.

#13522 3 years ago

These types of reports are sadly becoming a common occurence here in the US. Nowhere else in the world is this type of behavior occurring on such a wide and regular basis. Also, here in Michigan a security guard at a family dollar was shot and killed over asking a customer to wear a mask. Crazy.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/ice-cream-shop-closes-employee-harassment-trnd/index.html

#13527 3 years ago

According to The New York Times 1/3 of all U.S. deaths are nursing home residents or workers.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/09/us/coronavirus-cases-nursing-homes-us.html

#13528 3 years ago

Thread’s kinda wild like the old days all of a sudden.

Anyway, only 750 reported deaths yesterday which has to be the best day in a month or more. Perhaps all of our hard work is paying off.

We’ll find a way to screw it up I’m sure.

#13529 3 years ago

I can tell you one thing once the vaccine comes out. I’m not shooting up! You push something so fast like that. Bad things are going to happen.

#13530 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I can tell you one thing once the vaccine comes out. I’m not shooting up! You push something so fast like that. Bad things are going to happen.

Its definitely a scary decision.

#13531 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's not supposed to be a decision. Billie has been openly telling us about his grande virus and vaccine plan for years now.

Luckily all that research hasn't been for nothing, since some highly researched/manipulated virus has just accidentally mysteriously poped up, and it comes at just the right time! ... Phew!

#13532 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With everyone racing to make a vaccine , you would like to think they will be very thorough with all the checks and balances to get it right . I'm not sure if I would want to be one of the first to get it , but I would want my mum , who's in her mid 70's and has had health problems to get it . This whole situation is fu#ked .

#13533 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I hope your actual name is Rick, Glenn, or Maggie, because I’m going to need a squad. If your name is Shane, you are needed, but only for a little while...

#13534 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It's not supposed to be a decision. Billie has been openly telling us about his grande virus and vaccine plan for years now.
Luckily all that research hasn't been for nothing, since some highly researched/manipulated virus has just accidentally mysteriously poped up, and it comes at just the right time! ... Phew!

Please tell me you don't think Bill Gates wanted the virus to happen (or created it...) just so he can develop a vaccine with secret nanobots code named "Windows 20" that he can push mind controlling monthly patch updates to lol.

#13535 3 years ago

Bill Gates is a modern human hero with the work the Gates foundation does.

#13536 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Bill gates’ quote about vaccines and population control are always taken out of context. Bill was talking about 3rd world countries where families have huge lots of children because infant/child mortality is so high. The countries where families have 10 kids because there’s a good chance 1/2 will die from malnutrition or disease. If parents don’t have to worry about multiple child deaths, then they may have less child births. Hopefully only have enough to kids to care for ect. In order to do this you don’t just need vaccinations you also needs education and contraception, and it just so happens that these are the things being improved in 3rd world countries.

Population control through birth rates and education and vaccines.

#13537 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Please tell me you don't think Bill Gates wanted the virus to happen (or created it...) just so he can develop a vaccine with secret nanobots code named "Windows 20" that he can push mind controlling monthly patch updates to lol.

I'd go some Nanobots , if I could download how to fly helicopter or know karate , like in The Matrix .

#13538 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200511-071156~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200511-071156~3 (resized).png
#13539 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Bill gates’ quote about vaccines and population control are always taken out of context. Bill was talking about 3rd world countries where families have huge lots of children because infant/child mortality is so high. The countries where families have 10 kids because there’s a good chance 1/2 will die from malnutrition or disease. If parents don’t have to worry about multiple child deaths, then they may have less child births. Hopefully only have enough to kids to care for ect. In order to do this you don’t just need vaccinations you also needs education and contraception, and it just so happens that these are the things being improved in 3rd world countries.
Population control through birth rates and education and vaccines.

Yes it appears that certainly forms a good portion of the story.

I would maintain there is still generally more to the bigger story than one can know, though.

#13540 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'd go some Nanobots , if I could download how to fly helicopter or know karate , like in The Matrix .

I would want the nano bots that make me as good of a pinball player as Keith Elwin.

#13541 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would want the nano bots that make me as good of a pinball player as Keith Elwin.

I’m in. Let me know.

#13542 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Ole Billy Gates is no md, never could keep a computer virus free and is most definitely not in charge of anyone's Body!

#13543 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Bill Gates is a modern human hero with the work the Gates foundation does.

We could use 10 more Bill Gates'.

#13544 3 years ago
1F68800A-32C3-472C-94AA-82E3ECC68514 (resized).jpeg1F68800A-32C3-472C-94AA-82E3ECC68514 (resized).jpeg
#13545 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Krogers sucks. I cannot believe how much cheaper Wal Mart is on their groceries than Kroger is. I would rather support Krogers but their prices are just too high.

I think, but cannot verify, that Kroger pays its experienced help a little better than Walmart. I doubt Walmart is getting any swinging deals on the food it sells. The savings have to come from somewhere.

#13546 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are simply no words ..

The real sad part is that these people vote.

#13547 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think, but cannot verify, that Kroger pays its experienced help a little better than Walmart. I doubt Walmart is getting any swinging deals on the food it sells. The savings have to come from somewhere.

I bet you are wrong because Krogers doesn't pay for shit from what i have heard and ive heard Wal Mart doesn't pay too bad. Wal Mart has buying power because of how much product that they buy. That gives them power which isnt always a good thing either.

#13548 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

We could use 10 more Bill Gates'.

I can't laugh at these comments any harder. tom foolery.

#13549 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Ole Billy Gates is no md, never could keep a computer virus free and is most definitely not in charge of anyone's Body!

agree 1000000 X over

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/271?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.