272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 576.
#13400 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Or the Goliath bird eating tarantula ..nice to know they are the size of a roomba

We also have bird eating spiders , fun for everyone

IMG_20200509_223643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200509_223643 (resized).jpg
#13401 3 years ago

Rip Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy, another Covid victim.

#13402 3 years ago

Great, now I won’t be able to sleep tonight.

#13403 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Or the Goliath bird eating tarantula ..nice to know they are the size of a roomba

I think they have leg span of 12" to.

#13404 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We have a few really big spiders as well , they also scare the shit out of me .
[quoted image]

Beware the funnel web spider.

#13405 3 years ago

So everyone is praising South Korea for how great their response has been...how their citizens are so compliant ... how masks are the key....blah blah blah...
788243C5-8E92-4DEB-A658-E9B54B68E1A8 (resized).jpeg788243C5-8E92-4DEB-A658-E9B54B68E1A8 (resized).jpeg

#13406 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We also have bird eating spiders , fun for everyone

And the only mod awake at this time is the dumb French one... who happens to have a phobia to spiders.

The worse is that whatever I do (approve or not) the post, I still see these eight-legged freaks !

Going to ask Robin for a raise !

#13407 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Even worse are his constant implication that CA is a “nation-state” with its own sovereignty. Pretty outrageous

"We do this because we have the economic strength; we have the population and the technological force of a nation-state". Arnold Schwarzenegger. 2007 State of the state address. So he wasn't the first to use CA in this way. There are many reasons why not to like a politician. I don't like Newsome because he's better looking than me. A legitimate reason not to like him.

#13408 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

So everyone is praising South Korea for how great their response has been...how their citizens are so compliant ... how masks are the key....blah blah blah...
[quoted image]

What's the date on that photo? On the bottom the scroll shows Tua in the transfer portal. Didn't he just get drafted?

#13409 3 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is one of the most complete analyses I have seen on the manner in which the coronavirus can be spread. It is worth reading from the standpoint of protecting yourself in public and at your workplace. It was written by a biologist at the University of Massachusetts.
https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them
I am a big believer in the dosage component of contracting the virus. Our body seems to be able to fight off small infections ... we need to avoid prolonged or intense exposure.
Stay well everyone!

Well, I found that article fascinating. It was just written for people instead of doctors. By far the most interesting parts for me were the analysis of the restaurant and the call center. The part about why meat packing plants can be hit so hard was also interesting. Thanks a bunch for posting it.

#13410 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

What's the date on that photo? On the bottom the scroll shows Tua in the transfer portal. Didn't he just get drafted?

It is his little brother who I believe was a freshman at Alabama.

#13411 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

It is Tua's brother.

#13412 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image]

This is the difference between seeking knowledge and seeking information that supports what you either want or believe to be true. The former would have noticed the banner at the bottom immediately, the latter posts it on a pinball website as validation for believing what he does.

#13413 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And the only mod awake at this time is the dumb French one... who happens to have a phobia to spiders.
The worse is that whatever I do (approve or not) the post, I still see these eight-legged freaks !
Going to ask Robin for a raise !

You made me laugh .
We got from Murder Hornets to spiders .
I'm not a big fan of spiders and it gave me the Creeps just googling their images .
Thanks for letting them go up , as it's a bit of a distraction from the issue at hand .
Sometimes I think people forget this is a worldwide site not just a USA site and it takes people from all places and time zones to make this work , as well as it does . Keep up the great work .

#13414 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You made me laugh .
I'm not a big fan of spiders and it gave me the Creeps just googling their images .
Thanks for letting them go up , as it's a bit of a distraction from the issue at hand .
Sometimes I think people forget this is a worldwide site not just a USA site and it takes people from all places and time zones to make this work , as well as it does . Keep up the great work .

This.

#13415 3 years ago

Florida schools to hold drive thru graduation at Daytona International Speedway. Damn. That is cool. I love it when people get creative.

#13416 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rip Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy, another Covid victim.

Always bummed i missed there show.
We were close to seeing them about the time he was dragged off stage by his tiger.
Rip Roy, you were an awesome entertainer!
I just don't get how he got corona on there 100 acre ranch?

#13417 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I miss it from the 80's and 90's also mate but not this modern flood garbage. Its all about Vic clubs now anyway.

Yeah , you can't beat football from the 80s and 90s .
I don't mind the modern game but then again I barrick for the Hawks .
It's always been about Victorian clubs , for 161 years . According to Wikipedia we have the oldest football code and the most attended club sport in the world .
IMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpgIMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_013014 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_013014 (resized).jpg

#13418 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Fixed fight. That murder hornet was drugged.

It was a clean fight. We deny the allegations that our Mantis ate the opponent to prevent the post fight drug test.

#13419 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

That was live broadcast ESPN this morning...the KBO is playing baseball in South Korea with no fans in the stands, and ESPN bought US television rights. One game daily. With rebroadcasts.

#13420 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We have a few really big spiders as well , they also scare the shit out of me .
[quoted image]

You guys in Australia have a lot of bad creepy crawlies sharing space with you !

#13421 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

WTF - Murder Hornets real ? I thought they were made up .
You think they could come up with a scarier name for them .

Actually, they are the Japanese giant hornet.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=japanese+hornet&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Here is a guy that travels the world to sample all kinds of stings from all kinds of don't-screw-with-me creatures. Hell, maybe he will find a cure for Covid-19

#13422 3 years ago

Meanwhile, on the pinball chasing threads, pinsiders are hitting the highways to pick up the pins they have been looking for.

#13425 3 years ago

Screenshot_20200509-003032~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200509-003032~2 (resized).png

Bonus points if you know what movie this is from without looking it up.

#13426 3 years ago

That’s an easy one dude. May as well post a pic of Darth vader and ask us where it’s from.

Inconceivable!

#13427 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Beware the funnel web spider.

Thank f*** we don't have them in the state I live in .We did have a guy getting bitten by a shark today while surfing but we overrated with animals that kill
you ,

Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

The NeverEnding Story ?

#13428 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The NeverEnding Story ?

Sigh.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

#13430 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Anybody want a peanut?

#13431 3 years ago

I would love to talk about Murder Hornets....if only there was a Murder Hornet thread.....
I am just hoping someone would engage this article more.

Quoted from statsdoc:

This is one of the most complete analyses I have seen on the manner in which the coronavirus can be spread. It is worth reading from the standpoint of protecting yourself in public and at your workplace. It was written by a biologist at the University of Massachusetts.
https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them
I am a big believer in the dosage component of contracting the virus. Our body seems to be able to fight off small infections ... we need to avoid prolonged or intense exposure.
Stay well everyone!

With this article in mind and the viral load theory it would follow that people who are pre symptomatic or asymptomatic don't have enough virus built up to show symptoms so are only shedding low levels as well.
So instead of ~10 minutes of conversation in a closed room to expel enough virus it would take possibly ~20 minutes of conversation for you to be infected by this person.
Maybe Doc can chime in here and clarify this ....Gizzard?

#13432 3 years ago

He’s only mostly dead.

#13433 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sigh.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Yep you're right

#13434 3 years ago
zzzzz96117983_10223326212369021_4691373321218949120_n (resized).jpgzzzzz96117983_10223326212369021_4691373321218949120_n (resized).jpg
#13435 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Once Upon a Deadpool

#13436 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You made me laugh .

I appreciate the Mod Team allowing some off topic humor.

#13437 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I would love to talk about Murder Hornets....if only there was a Murder Hornet thread.....
I am just hoping someone would engage this article more.

With this article in mind and the viral load theory it would follow that people who are pre symptomatic or asymptomatic don't have enough virus built up to show symptoms so are only shedding low levels as well.
So instead of ~10 minutes of conversation in a closed room to expel enough virus it would take possibly ~20 minutes of conversation for you to be infected by this person.
Maybe Doc can chime in here and clarify this ....Gizzard?

The short answer is that in a complex system like the human immune system there are way too many variables to take one factor and extrapolate to how infective that person is. Factors include: ambient environment, amount of virus in the exposure, density of the exposure, proximity to the individual when the virus is expelled, susceptibility of the person to the virus, capability of the newly infected person to fight off the virus once they have been exposed, etc, etc, etc, etc.

#13438 3 years ago

This woman is a discredited conspiracy theorist and anti-vaxxer. A simple google search will list out the multitude of falsehoods in this video.

#13439 3 years ago

Got this gallon of sanitizer off of Amazon. Little pricey and smells like whiskey and pungent. Whew, does it smell! So if I use this and drive, get pulled over....I'm 100% doing a field sobriety test.

20200509_120640 (resized).jpg20200509_120640 (resized).jpg20200509_120648 (resized).jpg20200509_120648 (resized).jpg
#13440 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Got this gallon of sanitizer off of Amazon. Little pricey and smells like whiskey and pungent. Whew, does it smell! So if I use this and drive, get pulled over....I'm 100% doing a field sobriety test.[quoted image][quoted image]

But it has jojoba oil!

#13441 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Got this gallon of sanitizer off of Amazon. Little pricey and smells like whiskey and pungent. Whew, does it smell! So if I use this and drive, get pulled over....I'm 100% doing a field sobriety test.[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact buzz!

#13442 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The short answer is that in a complex system like the human immune system there are way too many variables to take one factor and extrapolate to how infective that person is. Factors include: ambient environment, amount of virus in the exposure, density of the exposure, proximity to the individual when the virus is expelled, susceptibility of the person to the virus, capability of the newly infected person to fight off the virus once they have been exposed, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Yes. I understand the complexity of the algorithm. I was just simplifying. But as a model the ratio and viral load theory seems sound to me.
What do you think about the article ?

#13444 3 years ago

I think the link should work for everyone since it is pandemic related. It's a good article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/in-the-early-days-of-the-pandemic-the-us-government-turned-down-an-offer-to-manufacture-millions-of-n95-masks-in-america/2020/05/09/f76a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

"It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer."

#13445 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

As I mentioned before in a similar thread that was closed I usually stay away from these types of threads as we cannot seem to have a civil discussion anymore but having said that, I'm really starting to question everything that's going on here so please try to help me wrap my head around a few things...

At first we were asked to give this 2 weeks to flatten the curve, we are going on week 9 for where I live and it just got extended to June 4th for another random date (2 days after the election).

So my questions are:

Like them or not the AAPS have data that shows the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine yet for some reason it's being banned by some Governors, is this a normal practice?

... do you think Governors have the authority to tell Doctors what they can and cannot prescribe to their patients? Don't patients have the right to get a second and third opinion or more if they don't like what the Dr suggests?

If you were a patient on your death bed and the Dr said well there is this one thing we can try, it may or may not work but it's the last option, would you do it?

Is this just politics at play here? I can tell you as a patient from multiple (5) surgeries I never once asked nor did I care about the Doctor's politics so don't you think these decisions should be left up the Doctor and the patient and not the Government?

Governor Cuomo said of the newly reported cases 66% stayed at home and another 18% were from Nursing homes, so is the stay at home strategy working?

I thought that viruses died in UV light, fresh air was essential and the human body needed vitamin D to stay healthy, so why are beaches, parks, golf courses... closed?

I don't understand why some people say to others you just want to rush to reopen you're selfish, I don't think anyone I know, including me, wants to rush out to a movie theater, restaurant, cruise ship, football game, clothing store, airport... but if all of these places can open safely like the box stores, liquors stores, super markets, why can't all business open if they follow the same guidelines?

Additionally, wouldn't having small business selling their goods reduce the amount of people forced to go to one store for all of their shopping (needs/wants), garden, clothing, grocery, electronics, jewelry...? I'm not claiming these are all essential but if you need clothes etc. you can buy online or go to Target, Walmart, BJ's, Costco... while the other mom and pop stores are considered non-essential so do you think these business are essential to the owners and their employee's?

Are Executive Orders laws? Do they only apply State Employees and their Departments or do they extend to the Citizens? Should we be putting people in jail for breaking them?

I think I've heard the argument from one side, protect the sick and vulnerable, reopen with guidelines, no one is forcing you to do go out if you do not want to, the cure cannot be worse than the disease so when does this end and how does this end? What's your plan? Do you have a plan or are we only trying to assess blame?

#13446 3 years ago

LMAO, quarantine is creating a few budding sociopaths. But I’m impressed that this 6-year-old knows how to design a scavenger hunt.

Hoping the mods will let the profanity go through for humor.

#13447 3 years ago

Probably need to clear this up before it becomes an issue.

Drinking or injecting bug spray will not protect you from the Murder Hornets. .

#13448 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m impressed that this 6-year-old knows how to design a scavenger hunt.

I'm more impressed with this 5 year old who decided to drive from Utah to Ca. to buy a Lamborghini.

#13449 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200430-164236~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200430-164236~2 (resized).png
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/269?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.