272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 576.
#13351 3 years ago

Funny they say to call Poison Control Center in ingested , yet provide no number to call.

#13352 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Do not buy this $9 bottle of gas station hand sanitizer, it literally smells like vomit.

I picked up a 16.9 oz bottle yesterday at Jewel-Osco for $8. It doesn't smell too bad. Mostly just a strong alcohol smell ...

Hand Sanitizer #1 (resized).jpgHand Sanitizer #1 (resized).jpgHand Sanitizer #2 (resized).jpgHand Sanitizer #2 (resized).jpg
#13353 3 years ago

Do people tend to learn from history? Or do they not care if it is not part of their history?

Someday this will be a chapter of history too.

Most people never change if it causes inconvenience, so history will probably repeat itself.

#13354 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

This past Monday marked the 50th anniversary of the Kent State University shootings and was remembered by all of the major national news outlets. This tragic event took place on campus in Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970. For those not familiar with this very tragic and very historic event, it’s worth learning about as it was a turning point in our nation in many ways...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings
The reason I bring this up...does anyone else feel that we may see another very tragic, symbolic, and historic event related to this pandemic here in the US?
Our nation is clearly divided as to how we handle this with both sides having completely legitimate arguments. I feel that this division, along with the rising number of infections and deaths, rising unemployment, business closures, financial hardship, freedoms threatened, people’s general way of life threatened, and rising emotions the longer this continues, will eventually boil over and culminate when these two sides clash. With many lives affected either by the death of a loved one or financial ruin, I think it is inevitable. I hope and pray I’m wrong.

If we do...

The last time I checked, there's only one side showing up with assault rifles, and a very specific person is egging them on.

#13355 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

[quoted image]
Photo from my sister in Queens from the flyover

Now THIS is how you do a fly past!!
Celebrating 75 years since VE Day (Victory in Europe)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10223571830632224&id=1483928227&extid=W3BGy15xfZAKDXPk&d=null&vh=e

#13356 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Our nation is clearly divided as to how we handle this with both sides having completely legitimate arguments.

I disagree that both sides have a legitimate argument. If we ignore everything that has happened in the past few months and just look at where we are now, we are facing a pandemic. Our response to that is to open up the country and allow it to spread faster. We are trying to ignore it, like that will save people from dying from it. But lots of people will die from opening like this. When any guideline has not been met, our reaction is to just remove the guideline rather than try to get into compliance with it.

We know more about how a virus works than they did 100 years ago, yet we seem to have learned nothing. When one of the arguments is to kill your constituents to make sure your donors make money, I cannot consider that a legitimate argument.

There are currently about 2000 deaths a day from Coronavirus. 9/11 killed 2977 in a day. I think we are heading towards having a 9/11 every day. The answer to that cannot be to attack the numbers as being wrong because you don't like them. That isn't legitimate.

And yes, I understand people die every day. Thousands and thousands of people die every day from all kinds of causes. As has been said over and over, I won't catch a car accident by sitting in a room with someone that had a car accident.

#13357 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The reason why this argument doesn't hold up is because you can use the exact same logic for a counterargument. If someone thinks that being asked to wear a mask infringes upon their freedoms, shouldn't they be equally as mad about speed limits and other laws that are put in place to protect the populace?

Agreed. My point was that life ALWAYS comes down to risk assessment/management and personal accountability. There will always be debates as to whether or not certain laws cross the line. I was just giving an example of how people endanger other people’s lives each and every day and nothing is being done to prevent it. We have more freedom than anywhere else in the world, but there are still rules that govern us. Otherwise, we would be in a state of anarchy.

Long term, I just think that realistically there will be a much better chance of those concerned and at high risk wearing masks than the healthy teenager wearing one, even though that is not the most effective practice in regards to transmission.

#13358 3 years ago

Some good news coming out of everybody's favorite punching bag, NY. Not sure what's going on around the rest of the country as the death numbers are still north of 2,000 a day.

-----

Cuomo: 'We are finally ahead of the virus'

New York governor Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily coronavirus briefing.

He said 216 people in New York state died of Covid-19 yesterday, down from 231 on Wednesday. The number was close to 800 a day at the height of the outbreak in New York in mid-to-late April. Most cases are in New York City, though Cuomo has mentioned a cluster around some agricultural businesses upstate.

So deaths and hospitalizations continue to decline in New York, where stay-at-home restrictions continue until May 15, when a review is expected.

“We are finally ahead of this virus, for the first time, we have showed we can control the beast,” Cuomo said moments ago... “We have the beast on the run. We have not killed the beast but we are ahead of it.”

But he warned, again, that if you take New York out of the picture, the numbers of infections and deaths in the rest of the US is still going up.

#13359 3 years ago

Maryland Coronavirus Update 5/8

Fresh Red Meat! Fresh Poultry! FaceMasks! Gloves! Fresh Vegetables! All found in the same place and in the same store despite my local grocery store still not having toilet paper... Where is this location? Who has the best supply chain with nothing but the best most delicious food?

THE AMISH!

God Bless The Amish!

The Amish have a better supply chain than Wal-Mart. I'm not joking.

I bought red meat from a cow for the first time in 2 weeks at the Dutch Country Farmer's Market in Laurel Maryland. I waited 20 minutes to get in but they were stocked and my family is looking forward to steaks... and apple pie tonight.

#13360 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I bought red meat from a cow for the first time in 2 weeks at the Dutch Country Farmer's Market in Laurel Maryland. I waited 20 minutes to get in but they were stocked and my family is looking forward to steaks...

The issue with the meat supply is clearly regional. I've seen all the national news stories about empty shelves in all the supermarkets, and yet we haven't had any problems getting meat here. I was just at the store yesterday, and they had plenty of ground beef, pork chops, ribs, steaks, lamb, you name it ... The one thing around here that seems a bit harder to find right now is chicken. That section was mostly picked clean by the time I got to the store in the late afternoon.

#13361 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some good news coming out of everybody's favorite punching bag, NY. Not sure what's going on around the rest of the country as the death numbers are still north of 2,000 a day.
-----
Cuomo: 'We are finally ahead of the virus'
New York governor Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily coronavirus briefing.
He said 216 people in New York state died of Covid-19 yesterday, down from 231 on Wednesday. The number was close to 800 a day at the height of the outbreak in New York in mid-to-late April. Most cases are in New York City, though Cuomo has mentioned a cluster around some agricultural businesses upstate.
So deaths and hospitalizations continue to decline in New York, where stay-at-home restrictions continue until May 15, when a review is expected.
“We are finally ahead of this virus, for the first time, we have showed we can control the beast,” Cuomo said moments ago... “We have the beast on the run. We have not killed the beast but we are ahead of it.”
But he warned, again, that if you take New York out of the picture, the numbers of infections and deaths in the rest of the US is still going up.

I saw tonight Cuomo interviewed on the Stephen Colbert late night show . I have no idea what side of politics Cuomo is on . He spoke very clearly and said he was relying on the medical advice . From an outsider looking in , he seems to be handling the situation as best as possible . Australia has had 97 deaths to this crisis . It's hard to imagine the pressure you're under when there are hundreds of deaths a day .

#13362 3 years ago
48165877-3955-4C59-9149-90C821A8481E (resized).jpeg48165877-3955-4C59-9149-90C821A8481E (resized).jpeg
#13363 3 years ago

Yea, plenty of meat here in Ohio as of 2 days ago, and a completely full aisle of shit tickets!

#13364 3 years ago

I haven’t been as active in this thread recently, but I have been keeping up and it’s been super enjoyable for the most part and very reasonable. Kudos to the mods.

#13365 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw tonight Cuomo interviewed on the Stephen Colbert late night show . I have no idea what side of politics Cuomo is on .

I am not really a fan of Colbert, but Cuomo might be taking the same stand as Newsom is that now is not the time to be politically motivated or be placing blame, or use this as an excuse to oust somebody, but that all sides must work together to get thru all this. That is the kind of spiel that works best for me.

#13366 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I haven’t been as active in this thread recently, but I have been keeping up and it’s been super enjoyable for the most part and very reasonable. Kudos to the mods.

Double their celeries.

#13367 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Double their celeries.

I don't like celery. Can we go with carrots instead?

#13368 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am not really a fan of Colbert, but Cuomo might be taking the same stand as Newsom is that now is not the time to be politically motivated or be placing blame, or use this as an excuse to oust somebody, but that all sides must work together to get thru all this. That is the kind of spiel that works best for me.

Not a fan of that spiel. Accountability is crucial so we can avoid something like happening again. Should continue to be part of the conversation.

#13369 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And yet they are both incredibly political. Newsom is outrageous by declaring CA a nation-state and making secret deals with a Chinese owned company. And Cuomo has attacked the feds for mistakes he made and has yet to pay for his people knowingly moving infected patients into nursing homes. Sadly, there are no innocents right now. Everyone is trying to make political hay out of this situation and there are more than enough mistakes on both sides of the aisle

#13370 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Accountability is crucial so we can avoid something like happening again.

Then make your list of everybody to blame, and that will surely help expedite fixing the problem, which in case you haven't noticed was an act of nature, the likes of which hasn't been seen in 100 years. Be it released now because of man or not.

#13371 3 years ago

33D95207-619A-4908-848E-F09CE27F1509 (resized).jpeg33D95207-619A-4908-848E-F09CE27F1509 (resized).jpeg Murder Hornets size vs, honey bee.

#13372 3 years ago

This is one of the most complete analyses I have seen on the manner in which the coronavirus can be spread. It is worth reading from the standpoint of protecting yourself in public and at your workplace. It was written by a biologist at the University of Massachusetts.

https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

I am a big believer in the dosage component of contracting the virus. Our body seems to be able to fight off small infections ... we need to avoid prolonged or intense exposure.

Stay well everyone!

#13373 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Sadly, there are no innocents right now. Everyone is trying to make political hay out of this situation and there are more than enough mistakes on both sides of the aisle

And it is too soon to determine who is really right or wrong. There are more important things to do than play the blame game right now. The big unknown is how long this will last, which would have been and still is almost impossible to predict.

Although I am still pretty shocked early on that they brought planeloads of people from the infected areas here just because they were or are now US citizens. Did that make a difference though? Who knows

One thing for sure, is many Americans are too spoiled or set in their ways to follow safety guidelines no matter who puts them down.

#13374 3 years ago

Newsom is outrageous by declaring CA a nation-state and making secret deals with a Chinese owned company.

That's exactly what states were told to do, bid against eachother to secure PPE, etc.

#13375 3 years ago

Why the picture of the late Doug Henning, the magician who referred to his self as an illusionist?

#13376 3 years ago

Well at least there is a solution to the Murder Hornets.

#13377 3 years ago

And yet they are both incredibly political. Newsom is outrageous by declaring CA a nation-state and making secret deals with a Chinese owned company.

We were told that we were on our own by the federal govt. I'm not sure people understand that CA's economy is the 5th largest in the world. Bigger than most nation states obviously. If we fail big time, the economy will take longer to heal. Common sense would say that the country would have wanted us to act in the precise manner which we did. CA hit the guidelines set by the federal govt to open. Our governor has and will help other states.

#13378 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Fixed fight. That murder hornet was drugged.

#13379 3 years ago

Damn, now it's going after children.

73 NY Children Sick With Rare COVID-Related Inflammatory Illness, 2nd Death Possibly Linked
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/73-ny-children-sick-with-rare-covid-related-illness-state-finds-with-one-death/2408285/

#13380 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why the picture of the late Doug Henning, the magician who referred to his self as an illusionist?

The future is bright...

#13381 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's exactly what states were told to do, bid against eachother to secure PPE, etc.

Hey, I don’t care about that. It’s the incredibly secretive nature of the deal and the refusal to answer the press’ questions. Even worse are his constant implication that CA is a “nation-state” with its own sovereignty. Pretty outrageous

#13382 3 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is one of the most complete analyses I have seen on the manner in which the coronavirus can be spread. It is worth reading from the standpoint of protecting yourself in public and at your workplace. It was written by a biologist at the University of Massachusetts.
I am a big believer in the dosage component of contracting the virus. Our body seems to be able to fight off small infections ... we need to avoid prolonged or intense exposure.
Stay well everyone!

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping someone would compile all the information we know about spreading events. The summary makes sense. Probably means I’ll be working from home until there’s a vaccine. It also means that wearing a mask in retail makes total sense for the employees and that stores should be strictly enforcing proper mask wearing to at least reduce risk to employees.

#13383 3 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is one of the most complete analyses I have seen on the manner in which the coronavirus can be spread. It is worth reading from the standpoint of protecting yourself in public and at your workplace. It was written by a biologist at the University of

Massachusetts.
Stay well everyone!

With this article in mind and the viral load theory it would follow that people who are pre symptomatic or asymptomatic don't have enough virus built up to show symptoms so are only shedding low levels as well.
So instead of ~10 minutes of conversation in a closed room to expel enough virus it would take possibly ~20 minutes of conversation for you to be infected by this person.
Maybe Doc can chime in here and clarify this ....Gizzard?

#13384 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

-----
Cuomo:
“We are finally ahead of this virus, for the first time, we have showed we can control the beast,”

The quote instantly reminded me of King Canute.

(Yes I know Canute didn't try to stop the tide, as is often mistakenly believed, rather that he was showing that even with all his power it was unstoppable)

#13385 3 years ago

Got my hand sanitizer today, probably over paid, but I have a feeling we will be needing it for the foreseeable future!

20200508_182946 (resized).jpg20200508_182946 (resized).jpg
#13386 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Man , I miss the footy .

I miss it from the 80's and 90's also mate but not this modern flood garbage. I actually cancelled pay tv and do not miss it at all. Pinball way more fun. Its all about Vic clubs now anyway.

#13387 3 years ago

Interesting treatment protocol from Eastern Virginia Medial School for COVID-19:

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Military revises it's guidelines for new recruits from: "No admission for COVID-19 diagnosis" to: "No admission for COVID-19 hospitalization".

#13388 3 years ago

A new theory is it might have come from an illegally poached pangolin that made it's way to the wet market. They have found a strain of coronavirus very similar to ours in them. The pangolin might have picked it up while eating insects in bat shit. Make all the laws and recommendations you want, and there are those that will always ignore them.
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#13389 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

We were told that we were on our own by the federal govt.

We knew that already because he read and knew the rules. There are many governors that seemed to be waiting on the feds to do more and make more decisions for them when it was their job all along.

#13390 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200508-215450~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200508-215450~2 (resized).png
#13391 3 years ago

McDonalds is open, I can get some Filet-o-Fish, All is well, been back at work for 2 weeks now. Have a great weekend everyone

20200509_145402 (resized).jpg20200509_145402 (resized).jpg
#13392 3 years ago

Meanwhile, here in Pennsyltucky,' one-third of our 66 counties have moved officially today from a red zone to a yellow zone with slightly less restrictive measures.

Now apparently in several of our southcentral counties, elected officials of all sorts from county commissioners to a local county sheriff and a county coroner (of all people) - all of them Republican - are ready to start a government coup of sorts. Some of these folks (not DRs mind you) are now using the word DICTATOR to describe the Governor, Health Secretary and others and their quarantine orders, and thus self-proclaiming themselves as Liberators of The People.

Somewhere, I still hear a virus laughing with glee.

With one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world this could become interesting as we raise temperatures and pit one neighbor's opinion against another neighbor, fed by these county-level ELECTED government leaders now railing against current medical advice and common sense.

https://www.wgal.com/article/many-counties-officials-petition-gov-wolfs-delayed-reopening/32421807?fbclid=IwAR2DnNR9g01kxwf3fmQEVSln1AAkUI8w_UrKEXMH1SzdZKOPvQ7mnE62vnc

#13393 3 years ago

The second wave in 1918 came in August and was much more deadly than the first. It had mutated to fooling the host it was a flu he or she had had a few years ago. A lot of people in their mid to late 20s got hit hard.

Which begs a question about those who had many previous flu vaccines vs. those that didn't. A statistic they won't tell you, but something to ponder.

#13394 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Meanwhile, here in Pennsyltucky,' one-third of our 66 counties have moved officially today from a red zone to a yellow zone with slightly less restrictive measures.
Now apparently in several of our southcentral counties, elected officials of all sorts from county commissioners to a local county sheriff and a county coroner (of all people) - all of them Republican - are ready to start a government coup of sorts. Some of these folks (not DRs mind you) are now using the word DICTATOR to describe the Governor, Health Secretary and others and their quarantine orders, and thus self-proclaiming themselves as Liberators of The People.
Somewhere, I still hear a virus laughing with glee.
With one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world this could become interesting as we raise temperatures and pit one neighbor's opinion against another neighbor, fed by these county-level ELECTED government leaders now railing against current medical advice and common sense.
https://www.wgal.com/article/many-counties-officials-petition-gov-wolfs-delayed-reopening/32421807?fbclid=IwAR2DnNR9g01kxwf3fmQEVSln1AAkUI8w_UrKEXMH1SzdZKOPvQ7mnE62vnc

The "craziness" is about ready to start pretty much exactly as I told my wife was going to happen 3 months ago. Today she said to me "again you were 100% right about what was going to happen with this virus -- glad we did what you have been saying to do". Our next move is to stay at home for the next three months while all the craziness spreads this shit like wildfire. You think the death totals have been bad so far wait until people start assuming the worst is behind us.

I cancelled all of our travel plans for 2020 back in February and started stocking up on food, toilet paper, cleaning products, etc. long before most people even thought about doing it. So we are basically set to stay home for months if necessary. I have plenty of ammo in case things get really bad and have no real reason to go anywhere. Plenty of water in case something goes wrong with the public water supply, gas for the generator if the power grid fails, and pretty much everything we need to shelter in place for a good while.

The way I see it we are in for a very bad run for the next few months. I feel so sorry for the people on the "front lines" they are going to be the ones that suffer the most when people start doing "stupid".

I fully understand people need to work & make money but I also realize when you are dealing with a enemy you can't see that can get you without you even knowing it this fight is going to be tough. Personally I think the worst thing about the Coronavirus is the fact you can be spreading it two weeks before showing symptoms. How is checking people's temperature going to help stop the spread?

PLEASE BE SMART - stay at home if you can, wear a mask if you have to go out and do all you can to help friends & family. This will end but it isn't going happen in 2020.

#13395 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

WTF - Murder Hornets real ? I thought they were made up .
You think they could come up with a scarier name for them .

#13396 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

WTF - Murder Hornets real ? I thought they were made up .
You think they could come up with a scarier name for them .

"Camel Spiders"

#13397 3 years ago

Camel Spiders! Agree the match posted above was a drugged Murder Hornet. Murder Hornet vs Camel Spider, like to see that match..not rigged.

#13398 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

"Camel Spiders"

Or the Goliath bird eating tarantula ..nice to know they are the size of a roomba

#13399 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

"Camel Spiders"

We have a few really big spiders as well , they also scare the shit out of me .

IMG_20200509_221159 (resized).jpgIMG_20200509_221159 (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/268?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.