272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 576.
#13301 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can we get Troy Aikman and Joe Buck to comment on this virus?[quoted image]

Their facial expressions, especially their eyes, look like me trying to catch up on all the stuff in this thread each morning from overnight.

#13304 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Looks like we will be watched even more closely upon returning to work...
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus-2020-05-05/card/fhwLfb0UYXbqhRm9cYNX

I have decided I won't be going back to work as long as it is necessary to wear a mask to deal with people and their cars. And I'm sure I'm not alone. It wasn't in my job description before, and it won't be now or in the future. Getting in and out of cars all day is prime for spreading viruses anyway.

The only thing grosser than people's cars is the constant wearing of a mask and can make you sick breathing your own spuge for hours at a time. Don't mind putting one on when shopping, but that's it.

#13305 3 years ago

You just know that we're going to start seeing people wear panties and thongs as masks while riding scooters. This site cracks me up.

#13308 3 years ago

Do not buy this $9 bottle of gas station hand sanitizer, it literally smells like vomit.

BE8C2E8B-9AC4-4446-B150-F34995906498 (resized).jpegBE8C2E8B-9AC4-4446-B150-F34995906498 (resized).jpeg
#13309 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Do not buy this $9 bottle of gas station hand sanitizer, it literally smells like vomit.
[quoted image]

Another drunk purchase, nice. Your drunk purchases really deserve their own thread.

#13310 3 years ago

Uh, actually I don’t think a breathalyzer test when leaving a bar and getting your keys is a bad idea. As someone who has lost a friend to a drunk driver, yes I’d be in favor of that.

#13311 3 years ago

I know this topic a little morbid and some may not like it, but...

The one statistic I am really interested in is do more people that die in general have more than two kids, and are those kids in NY with crazy symptoms right now coming from large families. Is nature taking aim at those that are part of the overpopulation problem?

I have seen some on the local news with very large families, in more ways than one, and they are all infected.

#13312 3 years ago

Today, I am a man. My first covid thread meme!!!

99389C00-72B7-473A-8DE3-DA54EDC890F8 (resized).jpeg99389C00-72B7-473A-8DE3-DA54EDC890F8 (resized).jpeg
#13313 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

[quoted image]

Still can’t get Clorox wipes. I’d probably settle for a puke scented substitute.

#13314 3 years ago

So update from "Hoppstädten-Weiersbach" ;P in germany:
In my district (81k People) are now only 9 active cases of covid left. Everyday they make many tests without new cases in the last days. Over the whole time we had 87 cases of corona, no deaths. So we were very, very lucky so far and I hope this will stay this way.
Next wednesday they will allow me to open up my pub again, but with many official requirements. I don't know for now if under these requirements my pub can make enough money, we will see. But I stand behind everything cause the life and health of the people in my community is way more important for me. I hope that this is not just a small break before the next wave will come and that you in the USA and the rest of the world will see a silver lining soon too! Stay healthy, strong and save!

This has to be over before the NFL starts this year, I have the feeling that my Hawks will have a shot at the superbowl.

#13315 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

[quoted image]

Can we see the other side of the bottle to see what they have claimed to put inside the bottle?

#13316 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Can we see the other side of the bottle to see what they have claimed to put inside the bottle?

82AE0C7C-C3C1-4D3F-A381-DE901DD4CB38 (resized).jpeg82AE0C7C-C3C1-4D3F-A381-DE901DD4CB38 (resized).jpeg
#13317 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Another drunk purchase, nice. Your drunk purchases really deserve their own thread.

I’m going to be rumbling through the Bloomington/Columbus area tomorrow!

#13318 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still can’t get Clorox wipes. I’d probably settle for a puke scented substitute.

Yeah, I left my nice Walgreens aloe big bottle at home before this trip.Doh!

#13319 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

we had 87 cases of corona, no deaths

Wow! That is even more than I had at my last party.

15789806301_9cde9d3e1e_z (resized).jpg15789806301_9cde9d3e1e_z (resized).jpg
#13320 3 years ago

"Well Mulder, if you're saying that they didn't leave their homes and they still ended up in the hospital with an infection, it must mean that your theory that the virus is caused by 5G radio waves is correct!"

DisguisedMatureKob-small.gifDisguisedMatureKob-small.gif

#13321 3 years ago

Woohoo!!!
DSCN6847 (resized).JPGDSCN6847 (resized).JPG

#13322 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

77 cell phone towers in the UK have been set on fire so far, 40 incidents of verbal/physical attacks against telcom staff, and one engineer was stabbed, as the result of some people believing the completely outlandish and baseless conspiracy theory about 5G being the cause of coronavirus.
https://www.businessinsider.com/77-phone-masts-fire-coronavirus-5g-conspiracy-theory-2020-5
4 cell tower fires in Quebec:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6905672/quebec-cellphone-tower-fires-conspiracy-theory/
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/05/06/trudeau-warns-of-severe-penalties-after-fourth-cellphone-tower-torched-in-quebec.html

In Australia Telstra were putting up some towers illegally, Some councils had said no and wanted to do their own research and Telstra went ahead with the installation anyway. Did any of that make the news? Seems laws are now written for Corporate not Humanity anymore.

#13323 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have decided I won't be going back to work as long as it is necessary to wear a mask to deal with people and their cars. And I'm sure I'm not alone. It wasn't in my job description before, and it won't be now or in the future. Getting in and out of cars all day is prime for spreading viruses anyway.
The only thing grosser than people's cars is the constant wearing of a mask and can make you sick breathing your own spuge for hours at a time. Don't mind putting one on when shopping, but that's it.

At the local Ford dealer here, they sanitizes customer vehicles, before the mechanics get in your vehicle. They have a guy wipe your keys (fob), to wiping the door handles, steering wheel, control stalks, switches, etc. Then a plastic covers are placed over the steering wheel and shifter. Carefully, I was thinking about this, were is my protection from their technician being in my car? Do not know if they are a carrier of this disease?

#13324 3 years ago

Just got back from Walmart. The vast majority 90% of people were not wearing masks And Practically no one wore gloves.
Most of the employees no mask or gloves. I happened to walk past the shipping area and inside no masks or social distancing whatsoever. I guess most people just don’t care and pretend too by standing 4 to 6 ft in line With no mask.
I was surprised to see the lackadaisical approach most people had. This is not going to work. I’m not going back to Walmart any time soon.

#13325 3 years ago

Huh?

Florida is number 8 on the list of total cases. I'm not sure that is something to be "bragging" about. Other than maybe it could have been worse.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 8.17.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-07 at 8.17.31 PM (resized).png

#13326 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For sure. I used to mechanic. I know of what you speak. A lot of peoples' cars are rolling trash bins. They would need to be sprayed down with one of those sprayers I now see on the news.

I also worked in the aircraft factories. Nobody is going to be wearing a mask when it is 100 degrees on the floor and inside a fuselage (metal tube) with just a couple of fans circulating hot air.

#13327 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They would need to be sprayed down with one of those sprayers I now see on the news.

They would need more than that. Their entire ventilation systems are full of peoples day to day spuge, and rarely if ever do the ones that have a filter get changed. Not that that matters. The upholstery, steering wheel, carpet, and every other part of the interior can also be infected.

They would have to make it so I can turn off the AC on every car, which many you can't before you start it and I get the virus and get over it, or the pandemic is officially over, before it is safe for not myself, but all the customers and their germ infested vehicles.

Basically when the pandemic is over.

But it has never been a requirement to shut them down. Some making the rules have their heads basically stuck in their sphincters to think a smog test is essential when there is no more smog.

#13328 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Make a sanitize bucket, we used this recipe in the restaurants. Change it out every couple of days. The key is not to use hot water, use luke warm water. Also the ingredient they are referencing is bleach. Finally, leave the towel in the water and realize that it will be bleached; additionally this will bleach any fabrics. This will work wonders on all hard surfaces.

https://www.pepsiequipmentservice.com/support/solutions/articles/2100033950-how-to-prepare-sanitizing-solution

#13329 3 years ago
28749D78-5445-40AA-AB17-0F14CE995FE9 (resized).jpeg28749D78-5445-40AA-AB17-0F14CE995FE9 (resized).jpeg
#13330 3 years ago

I feel like most of the early infections in florida eventually went home and infected their home towns.

#13331 3 years ago

Everything must be getting a tad better, no posts here in 3 hours.

#13332 3 years ago

A lot of people are in denial that this plague in the USA is now over after just two months. And they really believe that. Let's see what the numbers look like in two more weeks.

#13333 3 years ago

A lot of Walmart talk here so I’ll add some more.

81 workers tested positive at this location and it was back up and running in a few days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/05/business/how-walmart-worcester-became-coronavirus-hot-spot/%3FoutputType%3Damp

#13334 3 years ago

In other news we watched 12 Monkeys a few days ago.

Great movie to take in during times like these. Art sometimes does imitate life.

#13336 3 years ago

And we have our flower shops all ready to reopen in time for Mother's Day.

Glad to see all safety precautions are being adhered to and protective gear is installed properly.

DSCN6851 (resized).JPGDSCN6851 (resized).JPGDSCN6853 (resized).JPGDSCN6853 (resized).JPG
#13337 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot of people are in denial that this plague in the USA is now over after just two months. And they really believe that. Let's see what the numbers look like in two more weeks.

I can pretty much guarantee you that this plague is NOT over.

#13339 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I can pretty much guarantee you that this plague is NOT over.

I feel like we finished the 1st inning of a baseball game. And some of my teammates think were in the 8th.

#13340 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

But I stand behind everything cause the life and health of the people in my community is way more important for me. I

Great attitude , if more people thought like that we would get through this alot quicker .

#13341 3 years ago

It's my understanding that the pandemic personnel were merged into a biodefense organization. The problem is that the way you handle bio-terrorism is very different than how you handle a virus like SARS-CoV-2. This virus causes delayed symptoms and sometimes mild cases which makes it very difficult to contain.

#13342 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Here you go in regards to the deceased getting checks:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/politics/irs-stimulus-checks-dead-people/index.html
I mean was there really any doubt? RHETORICAL question.

I really hate it when news sources are not accurate. The CNN headline says payments "must be returned". Following the IRS source they quote, in Q10 it says "the Payment should be returned". Both grammatically and legally, "should" and "must" are two very different things.

#13343 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For sure. I used to mechanic. I know of what you speak. A lot of peoples' cars are rolling trash bins. They would need to be sprayed down with one of those sprayers I now see on the news.
I also worked in the aircraft factories. Nobody is going to be wearing a mask when it is 100 degrees on the floor and inside a fuselage (metal tube) with just a couple of fans circulating hot air.

I used to work on blast furnaces and we had to wear N95 masks due to the silica dust (and heavy coveralls, and hard hats and heavy gloves) and the temperature was always over 100. Yes you had to shower after your shift and boy did it feel good. It takes a bit of getting used to but most people should be able to suck-it-up if they wanted too.

#13344 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I feel like we finished the 1st inning of a baseball game. And some of my teammates think were in the 8th.

...and we're up by one run.

#13346 3 years ago

Child in China is "disinfected" each morning before class...

https://twitter.com/Jeyen2007/status/1258655375261184002

Yikes!

#13347 3 years ago

This past Monday marked the 50th anniversary of the Kent State University shootings and was remembered by all of the major national news outlets. This tragic event took place on campus in Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970. For those not familiar with this very tragic and very historic event, it’s worth learning about as it was a turning point in our nation in many ways...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

The reason I bring this up...does anyone else feel that we may see another very tragic, symbolic, and historic event related to this pandemic here in the US?

Our nation is clearly divided as to how we handle this with both sides having completely legitimate arguments. I feel that this division, along with the rising number of infections and deaths, rising unemployment, business closures, financial hardship, freedoms threatened, people’s general way of life threatened, and rising emotions the longer this continues, will eventually boil over and culminate when these two sides clash. With many lives affected either by the death of a loved one or financial ruin, I think it is inevitable. I hope and pray I’m wrong.

#13348 3 years ago

Man , I miss the footy .

#13349 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So besides wearing masks I guess you are also an advocate of all bars and restaurants that serve alcohol taking everyone’s car keys upon entry and only being able to get them back after passing a breathalyzer so that some drunk ass while on his way home doesn’t kill an entire innocent family in a minivan on their way home from seeing Toy Story 8??? Besides not wearing masks, there are many ways that people put others at risk each and every day, but the solutions are not considered practical as they infringe upon our freedoms.

The reason why this argument doesn't hold up is because you can use the exact same logic for a counterargument. If someone thinks that being asked to wear a mask infringes upon their freedoms, shouldn't they be equally as mad about speed limits and other laws that are put in place to protect the populace?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/267?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.