272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 576.
#13050 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

As a lifelong connoisseur of the absurd, it was a thing of beauty to witness. I will forever regret not filming it.

Maybe she couldn't find a mask anywhere? I wouldn't necessarily call her stupid or absurd since you don't know her circumstances.

#13051 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I think people are missing the point of wearing gloves. I see people in the grocery store touching their face and their phone etc wearing them

Plus all the people wearing masks, but leaving their nose uncovered

#13052 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Finnish Defence Forces now have a proof of concept solution to disinfect masks and other protective equipment for re-use. Pilot system is built into a shipping container and is based on hydrogen peroxide.
https://puolustusvoimat.fi/artikkeli/-/asset_publisher/puolustusvoimien-testit-hengityssuojaimien-puhdistamisesta-ovat-paattymassa
Sorry, in Finnish but maybe Google will translate it:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fpuolustusvoimat.fi%2Fartikkeli%2F-%2Fasset_publisher%2Fpuolustusvoimien-testit-hengityssuojaimien-puhdistamisesta-ovat-paattymassa

This has been used for about a month or so in MA on a fairly large scale. It’s meeting a fair amount of resistance from health care workers.

#13053 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well if theres supposed to be 3k deaths a day by june 1st I would say by the middle of june we will have 130k deaths.

Looks like it’s estimated by August.

#13054 3 years ago

This has been a valid argument however the estimate is over a year. The 130,000 estimate for COVID-19 is only eight months.

#13055 3 years ago

What’s funny to me is how every time you post one of these dumb lists, covid deaths rank WAY higher than the last time you did it.

Looks like we are about to blow right past Diabetes! Next target, Alzheimer’s! We should bury that one in a few weeks. I know we can do it! I mean seriously. Is there anybody who doubts we will do it?

Please keep posting these. It’s like the sports pages now. And it’s helpful in reminding us all how bad the situation is, and what a total historic disaster we are living through.

Remember back in those days when the go-to was car crash deaths? We are about to double car crash deaths now . I miss those quaint days when 38,000 car crash deaths a year was some kind of gold standard for how we are all blowing this out of proportion.

#13056 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your profile says you're in Melbourne . The Melbourne I'm in we've had around 1500 cases . Every state , territory and capital city has cases . Where abouts in Australia are you ?
[quoted image]

Victoria is a big place. Melbourne is about 100klms from me.

#13057 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your profile says you're in Melbourne . The Melbourne I'm in we've had around 1500 cases . Every state , territory and capital city has cases . Where abouts in Australia are you ?
[quoted image]

Where those red circles are not.

#13058 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

This has been a valid argument however the estimate is over a year. The 130000 is an estimate for COVID-19 is only eight months.

That estimate is actually for just 6 months - the first two months this year basically had zero deaths associated with Coronavirus here in the US. So this virus that is "no worse than the flu" according to some people will likely kill close to a quarter of a million people by the end of the year (if not more). And that is with things being "closed down" in most areas for at least a couple months. THIS ISN'T THE FLU!

What we need here in the US is for the government to stop helping "special interest" and the rich and to start helping the people who really need it. Especially when it comes to the small business loans that seem to be going to a select few instead of being divided amount everyone who needs a little help right now.

#13059 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe she couldn't find a mask anywhere? I wouldn't necessarily call her stupid or absurd since you don't know her circumstances.

The thing is that by touching both her face and things, she's endangering herself and others. It's way better for yourself and others to wear no mask and not to touch your face before washing your hands well than what that woman was doing hoping to protect herself and maybe others. That's what BeachPickle meant (I think).

#13060 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This is a tale of two societies...
those who are employed and working from home with no worries about losing their jobs and health coverage.
Then there are those who are weeks away from losing the roof over their heads, their entire business, and/or their health care coverage.
Those in the first group need to show a little more empathy for the people in the second group.

Good observation. The sad part is some of these people will wind up homeless through no fault of their own. They will be joining ranks of others who are homeless just be cause rents got jacked up beyond what they could pay. The high paying Google jobs and Amazon jobs came in and upset their apple cart. Now they are on the street and more than a few here throw all of the homeless into one big pile and call them worthless, or worse.

#13061 3 years ago

Total deaths = 70,129.

Onward to 80K.

#13062 3 years ago

Thought I'd share this experience from last night.

Went to fill up gas at the local 7-11. Their card readers outside were not working so begrudgingly I put on my mask and sprayed aone lysol on a hand rag and proceeded to go inside.

On the way in I noticed a corporate sticker on the door stating 6 feet rule and also asking to use masks for "safety of their employees." - I was rather pleased to read that.

I then proceeded to hand the 55 ish year old man my card and when he gave it back I use my lysol rag to retrieve it.

The attendant then remarks " are you going to come in with a hazmat suit on next week?" And chuckled in his own self amusement.

I explained my family is high risk and I have to help them move to which he tells me " you need to check your news sources: this is just the flu."

I replied "More people dead than Vietnam buddy.." to which he doubled down and just started walking away and yelling "it's just the fluuuu!"

Anyway. Called corporate hotline and explained how they had a covidiot spreading his own personal agenda and mocking people for taking precautions.

I dont ever wish someone's livelihood challenged but fuck that guy completely and I hope he lost his job.

#13064 3 years ago

Did you guys see this asshole whole wiped his nose on a worker's shirt when she reminded him about the store's mask policy?

https://www.mlive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/man-confronted-for-entering-dollar-tree-without-mask-wipes-nose-on-clerks-shirt.html

#13065 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Thought I'd share this experience from last night.
Went to fill up gas at the local 7-11. Their card readers outside were not working so begrudgingly I put on my mask and sprayed aone lysol on a hand rag and proceeded to go inside.
On the way in I noticed a corporate sticker on the door stating 6 feet rule and also asking to use masks for "safety of their employees." - I was rather pleased to read that.
I then proceeded to hand the 55 ish year old man my card and when he gave it back I use my lysol rag to retrieve it.
The attendant then remarks " are you going to come in with a hazmat suit on next week?" And chuckled in his own self amusement.
I explained my family is high risk and I have to help them move to which he tells me " you need to check your news sources: this is just the flu."
I replied "More people dead than Vietnam buddy.." to which he doubled down and just started walking away and yelling "it's just the fluuuu!"
Anyway. Called corporate hotline and explained how they had a covidiot spreading his own personal agenda and mocking people for taking precautions.
I dont ever wish someone's livelihood challenged but fuck that guy completely and I hope he lost his job.

Yeah well there’s a reason that guy is working at 7-11.

#13067 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

What do you guys think, "audio glitch"?

I think its just a mental glitch.
It's WV attitude, rough and tough - sort of 'this is what I think' and it just came out of my mouth, LOL.

#13068 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

WTF has happened to our country?

All these people who are showing poor judgement, entitlement, etc. have always been around. It's only during this particular event where many of them have been brought into the spotlight.

#13069 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like we are about to blow right past Diabetes! Next target, Alzheimer’s!

This kind of reminds me of Truck Stop. "Next stop, Chicago!"

#13070 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

This kind of reminds me of Truck Stop. "Next stop, Chicago!"

Red and Ted’s Corona Show

#13071 3 years ago

I'm curious to know how many of you are wearing gloves when you do your errands. I've been wearing gloves every time I go someplace where I'll be touching stuff (i.e. grocery store, post office, gas pump, etc...). I also wear gloves when I am sorting through the mail or unboxing packages. I realize that the virus can't be spread through skin absorption, but I find that the gloves help remind me not touch my face. I also feel like once I take the gloves off, there is less potential virus on my hands. Obviously, I still thoroughly sanitize/wash them after.

#13072 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And then you have these psychopaths!!!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/michigan-security-guard-mask-killing-trnd/index.html
WTF has happened to our country?

I have no idea what it could be. Must be something in the water?

#13073 3 years ago

I don't want this to devolve into a gun debate. My point was simply that I can't comprehend that someone would be so angry about being asked to wear a mask that they would take someone's life over it.

#13074 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know how many of you are wearing gloves when you do your errands. I've been wearing gloves every time I go someplace where I'll be touching stuff (i.e. grocery store, post office, gas pump, etc...). I also wear gloves when I am sorting through the mail or unboxing packages. I realize that the virus can't be spread through skin absorption, but I find that the gloves help remind me not touch my face. I also feel like once I take the gloves off, there is less potential virus on my hands. Obviously, I still thoroughly sanitize/wash them after.

I find gloves to be pretty pointless, unless you are gonna put on a new pair every few minutes and throw the old ones out.

My hands already have gloves - it’s called skin!

Gloves don’t accomplish anything that frequent sanitizing doesn’t, for me. I haven’t had much trouble with the face touching thing I don’t need gloves to remind me not to do it.

I do understand that isn’t the case for everyone, so gloves make sense there for some.

#13075 3 years ago

I'm not going out much at all. I order my groceries for pickup or delivery and tip heavily. We normally cook at home a lot, but when we do get food to go we get it for delivery or pickup and tip heavily.

I have some things I would like to build out of sheet lumber, but delivery prices are more than I'm willing to spend, and I don't feel too comfortable seeing what pickup may look like for those types of items.

I feel for those people that have to work in the grocery stores, etc. The people rallying at the capitol one day are in their stores the next, and you know most of that population isn't wearing a mask. It's really discouraging that there's a subset of the population completely willing to risk innocent lives to make a point.

#13076 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

All these people who are showing poor judgement, entitlement, etc. have always been around. It's only during this particular event where many of them have been brought into the spotlight.

Back in the 80s, Detroit was getting hit hard with the car factories laying off right and left. This was the start of the long term decline in auto worker jobs. This time the jobs were not coming back.

There was a Chinese tourist walking down the street. Two laid off auto workers, a father and son, accused the guy of taking their jobs and attacked the guy with a baseball bat and beat him to death.

Some things I never forget reading about.

Like the guy in Wyoming that two rednecks hauled out into the pastureland, tied him to a fence, beat him mercilessly, and left him to die on the fence.

While I am on a roll, back in 2001-2002, down in east Texas, 3 white guys chained a black man, James Byrd, to the back of their pickup truck and drug him to death. The last of the 3 was finally executed Huntsville TX a year or so ago.

And if anybody wants to get their eyes opened, go to the library and start looking at the old newspapers that are on film. People been doing other people dirty in this country ever since the Mayflower hit shore.

#13077 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't want this to devolve into a gun debate. My point was simply that I can't comprehend that someone would be so angry about being asked to wear a mask that they would take someone's life over it.

You need to get out more. There are. a lot of mental midgets out running around.

#13078 3 years ago

those who are employed and working from home with no worries about losing their jobs and health coverage.
Then there are those who are weeks away from losing the roof over their heads, their entire business, and/or their health care coverage.
Those in the first group need to show a little more empathy for the people in the second group.

The grand mystery to me is why people in that second group keep voting for and vehemently defending people that ensure they never have a financial safety net and leave them in a possibility to have no health coverage.

#13079 3 years ago

One good thing about this virus: No Robocalls.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/tech/robocalls-decline-coronavirus/index.html

"Americans experienced a drop in the amount of robocalls flooding their phones in April, helped by international call centers being shut down during the global pandemic and government efforts to stop Covid-19-related scams."

#13080 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It seems like a common theme.

"You're not going to FORCE ME to wear a mask in your establishment, THIS IS 'MURICA!".

After employees receive threats, one city is forced to nix rule requiring face masks in businesses

May 2, 2020

An emergency proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was nixed after store and restaurant owners received threats.

The proclamation was issued Thursday. Among other things, the order made businesses require patrons to cover their faces to combat the spread of coronavirus.

But on Friday, Mayor Will Joyce softened the rule to encourage, not require, face coverings, after several reports emerged of employees being verbally abused and being threatened with physical violence while trying to enforce the order — all in just three hours of the rule going into effect.

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/after-employees-receive-threats-one-city-is-forced-to-nix-rule-requiring-face-masks-in-businesses/

Meanwhile in the rest of the world, where people can see beyond their own masked nose...

are-they-wearing-a-flu-mask-even-at-600x451-20141125-1 (resized).jpgare-they-wearing-a-flu-mask-even-at-600x451-20141125-1 (resized).jpg

#13081 3 years ago

I don’t wear gloves when I go out. I put a mask on before I get in my car, and that reminds me that I’m in the “don’t touch your face” zone. If I get an itch, I scratch it with my shoulder. When I get home, the mask comes off and I wash my hands. I’m only in my car for 5-10 minutes at a time so I don’t mind.

A battle is starting to play out between the mask and no-mask factions. If a business is willing to let people in without masks or distancing, no problem. I’ll go to another business or find an alternative. I hate to say it, but the businesses are going to have to choose sides, government orders or no. I respect those that choose to keep the no-mask crowd happy, but they won’t see me again until sometime next year. Honestly if I had a small business, I’m not sure what I’d do in this situation. I’m glad I don’t have to make that choice.

#13082 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know how many of you are wearing gloves when you do your errands.

Likewise, I'm curious whether other people sanitize their credit card (that was used), their phone, etc. My son laughed at me when I washed my iPhone8 with soap and water, but it's fine as long as you don't submerge it. I'd rather use rubbing alcohol, but that's still hard to find.

#13083 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wear gloves. They are simple and quick. I keep them in my pocket, and put them on when I have to do something I'm not comfortable with. Pumping gas, using my atm card and having to touch the buttons. I haven't spent paper money in over a month, so no worries about change. And I avoid situations where I need them as much as possible. But sometimes you need to touch things.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I find gloves to be pretty pointless, unless you are gonna put on a new pair every few minutes and throw the old ones out.

... and know how to take them off. It is easy to do it correctly, and easy to do it wrong.

#13084 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

It seems like a common theme.

"You're not going to FORCE ME to wear a mask in your establishment, THIS IS 'MURICA!".

Yep. This is one of the reasons why the US has been hit so much harder by this thing than they have in other countries. The ideas of liberty and freedom are ingrained into the very fabric of our society. This causes many people to instantly go into battle mode as soon as they perceive that someone is forcing them to act in a certain way, regardless of whether or not it is for the common good.

#13085 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One good thing about this virus: No Robocalls.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/tech/robocalls-decline-coronavirus/index.html
"Americans experienced a drop in the amount of robocalls flooding their phones in April, helped by international call centers being shut down during the global pandemic and government efforts to stop Covid-19-related scams."

Yesterday I actually got an e-mail and follow up call from a car dealership that I've never done business with. That was a new one for me. They knew my loan was soon to be paid off. I imagine dealerships are hurting pretty bad right now.

#13086 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah, among other things. It wasn't going to go away, a vaccine is far off and it's not reasonable to keep people restricted for extended periods of time so our state had a few goals in mind, see the attached pic. With that accomplished now they can start loosening up restrictions.
[quoted image]

The USNS Comfort returned to Norfolk on May 2nd after completing its mission in New York. All of the initial goals have been accomplished and now it’s time for each region to begin the process of returning to normal. This virus is not going to be eliminated anytime soon and will remain part of our society indefinitely. We need to learn to live with it like we do other deadly contagious diseases such as the flu. This is NOT a flu argument it is a reality. We do not shut down the country every year for the tens of thousands that die every year from the flu.

Just for reference, an estimated 80,000 people died in the US during the 2017-2018 flu season. Sure this virus is worse, but NOT orders of magnitude worse. We did not close down the country, wear masks, etc. We as a country did NOTHING that disrupted our daily lives. We need to move on, get people back to work and minimize the number of businesses that closed and will never reopen.

Those that are elderly and at higher risk should take more precautions than someone who is young and healthy. But that should be left to each individual as they determine their own level of risk that they are willing to take.

We ALL assess risk everyday with all aspects of our daily life. Someone who is elderly with underlying health conditions should decide whether or not to wear a mask the same way they decide on their diet, whether or not they smoke or drink, exercise, etc. If someone is concerned they are going to get the virus from an individual not wearing a mask, then the concerned person can be the one to wear a mask or not go out at all. There is no reason that the frightened should ruin the lives of those who are not. I do not see people wearing masks each flu season and the flu IS deadly. The flu shot is usually only around 40% effective or so. Many people still do not get it even though it is readily available each year, that is their choice.

A few weeks ago I was all for everyone sitting on their couch, but things have changed and are improving. If we knew that sitting on our respective couches for a certain length of time would “fix” this, I would be all for it. This is clearly not the case. It is time we move on and people need to take care of themselves and assess their own risks.

One final note, my Mom is in her early 70s and has underlying health conditions. Once a week my wife and I drop groceries off on her back porch and hang out for a half hour or so keeping our distance from her of approximately 20ft. I am doing my absolute best to keep her from being exposed to this virus, I will leave it to her as to when she feels safe enough to give her son and daughter-in-law a hug again.

#13087 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yesterday I actually got an e-mail and follow up call from a car dealership that I've never done business with. That was a new one for me. They knew my loan was soon to be paid off. I imagine dealerships are hurting pretty bad right now.

I've heard they're practically giving cars away right now to move inventory. Huge discounts. No payments for six months. Zero percent interest for seven years ...

#13088 3 years ago

An interesting thing happened today. My grandmother received a Stimulus check. She passed away over 6 months ago and she hadn't had a tax return filed in about 20 years.

#13089 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

An interesting thing happened today. My grandmother received a Stimulus check. She passed away over 6 months ago and she hadn't had a tax return filed in about 20 years.

Sounds like somebody is trying to buy her vote!

Did someone leave their name on the check, so that you know who to return it to?

#13090 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did your family file a death certificate to Social Security when she passed? If so, they are very slow to update there system. Fast to cut off checks in death, but slow to do everything else.

#13091 3 years ago

You hit the nail on the head. You are 100% exactly positively without a doubt right on the money bet your life on it correct!

#13092 3 years ago

That sign is great. Exercise zone only. I've read that San Clemente was allegedly the first city to serve alcohol after prohibition ended. Now our beaches are open for exercising first. There is a walking path that's starts at this picture at North Beach that goes all the way to the south end of town beaches. Really nice walk. Lots of eye candy. Our mayor submitted paperwork to the Governor and it was approved. Laguna Beach the same, except they have hours which to surf. Waves were pretty good at T street. It looked like a normal day out in the water.

20200505_082109 (resized).jpg20200505_082109 (resized).jpg20200505_080551 (resized).jpg20200505_080551 (resized).jpg
#13093 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just for reference, an estimated 80,000 people died in the US during the 2017-2018 flu season.

According to the CDC, it was about 61,000.

From: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htm

The "flu season" is around 5-6 months, and varies from year to year. Some years it is short, some years long. Even though flu is around all year, the season is when it is most active.

So that averages out to about 10,000 deaths a month.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Sure this virus is worse, but NOT orders of magnitude worse. We did not close down the country, wear masks, etc. We as a country did NOTHING that disrupted our daily lives. We need to move on, get people back to work and minimize the number of businesses that closed and will never reopen.

So I agree, this is not an order of magnitude worse. Right now I think there are about 2000 deaths a day. Which compares to about 333 deaths a day in the flu season. However I think current estimates are about 3000 deaths a day around June 1st. So at that point, yes, we will be getting very close to an order of magnitude worse.

#13094 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The USNS Comfort returned to Norfolk on May 2nd after completing its mission in New York. All of the initial goals have been accomplished and now it’s time for each region to begin the process of returning to normal. This virus is not going to be eliminated anytime soon and will remain part of our society indefinitely. We need to learn to live with it like we do other deadly contagious diseases such as the flu. This is NOT a flu argument it is a reality. We do not shut down the country every year for the tens of thousands that die every year from the flu.
Just for reference, an estimated 80,000 people died in the US during the 2017-2018 flu season. Sure this virus is worse, but NOT orders of magnitude worse. We did not close down the country, wear masks, etc. We as a country did NOTHING that disrupted our daily lives. We need to move on, get people back to work and minimize the number of businesses that closed and will never reopen.
Those that are elderly and at higher risk should take more precautions than someone who is young and healthy. But that should be left to each individual as they determine their own level of risk that they are willing to take.
We ALL assess risk everyday with all aspects of our daily life. Someone who is elderly with underlying health conditions should decide whether or not to wear a mask the same way they decide on their diet, whether or not they smoke or drink, exercise, etc. If someone is concerned they are going to get the virus from an individual not wearing a mask, then the concerned person can be the one to wear a mask or not go out at all. There is no reason that the frightened should ruin the lives of those who are not. I do not see people wearing masks each flu season and the flu IS deadly. The flu shot is usually only around 40% effective or so. Many people still do not get it even though it is readily available each year, that is their choice.
A few weeks ago I was all for everyone sitting on their couch, but things have changed and are improving. If we knew that sitting on our respective couches for a certain length of time would “fix” this, I would be all for it. This is clearly not the case. It is time we move on and people need to take care of themselves and assess their own risks.
One final note, my Mom is in her early 70s and has underlying health conditions. Once a week my wife and I drop groceries off on her back porch and hang out for a half hour or so keeping our distance from her of approximately 20ft. I am doing my absolute best to keep her from being exposed to this virus, I will leave it to her as to when she feels safe enough to give her son and daughter-in-law a hug again.

By your estimates, how many do you think will die this year from the Coronavirus?

#13095 3 years ago

This is the sign you get when your mayor doesn't surf.

20200505_075538 (resized).jpg20200505_075538 (resized).jpg
#13096 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Sounds like somebody is trying to buy her vote!
Did someone leave their name on the check, so that you know who to return it to?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did your family file a death certificate to Social Security when she passed? If so, they are very slow to update there system. Fast to cut off checks in death, but slow to do everything else.

There was a death certificate filed. Im just guessing they are slow? That certainly isn't typical. When it comes to money, they are typically lightning fast to cut things off.

Now I have to find out where to return it. I'm sure they would come ringing quickly if it were spent.

#13097 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wear gloves whenever I'm handling something that other people have handled.

Quoted from Daditude:

There was a death certificate filed. Im just guessing they are slow? That certainly isn't typical. When it comes to money, they are typically lightning fast to cut things off.

Now I have to find out where to return it. I'm sure they would come ringing quickly if it were spent.

I have relatives who still get mail for deceased relatives who have been gone for over 10 years. And those deceased relatives never resided at the address. Their names are on a list somewhere.

I think official mail finally stopped after about 5 years of telling senders that they were deceased. Now it's just junk mail, AARP magazine offers, loan offers, and whatnot. These organizations don't seem to care that they are sending mail to dead people at addresses where they've never resided.

#13098 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200505-133406~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200505-133406~3 (resized).png
#13099 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We have things down to a "pretty good system". We put gloves on when ever we go into grocery store or get gas. Remove gloves after loading the car and toss them into trash right at the store or gas station. Then wipe our hands down this sanitizer before we hit the road home. Anything that needs to be brought in - cold or frozen - comes in with us & gets wiped down before we put it away. Everything else stays in the car for 3 or 4 days and by then coronavirus should be dead if it is on the boxes.

As far as mail we have a box in the garage and a box in the laundry room. Mail comes from mailbox and gets put into the garage "box" for a day. Then when we head out to get the mail the next day we move "old mail" from garage to laundry room and let it sit their for another day. So all mail we open has been sitting at least two days before we open it. When we go to the mailbox we put a glove on one hand to keep from actually touching the mail and still use sanitizer before we come back into the house.

I know it all sounds overly cautious but I have been fighting a respiratory thing for over a year now they can't get to the bottom of so I just can't take unnecessary risk. We have also been limiting trips to the store to "quick in and out" about once a week. We really stocked up on stuff back in Feb. before things started getting bad. I am glad we did because not only are there shortages now prices are also going up.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/262?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.