272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 576.
#12800 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm not sure where you're going with this but there are plenty of places on the Earth where this is an everyday occurrence...

I'm not going anywhere, but was talking about where I live now and have all of my life. We shouldn't have to move to a different part of the planet to get my one child and myself a healthy environment and the kind of lifestyle like it was here at one time before the world population tripled and went up 10 fold here in less than 50 years, or enjoy what else nature normally provides, should we?

Or even the daily peace and quiet we are experiencing now? Believe me, now that most of the ongoing noise and pollution are gone, it is quite a relief. It's going to be hard for many to adjust when it goes back to the way it was.

#12803 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

People tend to get upset at "price gauging". I do too if you buy up supply and auction it off. But, if you're a store that regularly stocks it, and your supply is limited, you absolutely SHOULD increase the price. It makes people decide whether it's worth it for them or not.

Not only that but it also draws in other sellers of said product to move into the market where the items are being depleted and have an opportunity/motivation to sell, which allows product to get to where it needs to go (towards the consumer). Even further it allows them to create and get motivated to make more product. I hate to see people get taken advantage of but there is a silver lining in everything. I can respect an increase of price by a certain percentage, but when you replace the percentage with a multiplier then things could get out of hand.

#12804 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ca some body tell me how those Michigan idiots manage to get into a courthouse with assault weapons? If I walked into either county courthouse or the Federal Courthouse across the packing any kind of heat, even a BB gun, I would be on the ground in handcuffs

This is what is crazy. They can bring guns but not protest signs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michigan-open-carry-laws-legal-protesters-guns-at-state-capitol-2020-5

#12805 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200426-141002~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200426-141002~2 (resized).png
#12806 3 years ago

And violence erupts in Huntington Beach! There is fighting in the streets! Brings back memories of one particular OP pro surfing contest.

Not sure if this isn't the first time blows have been thrown because of wearing a mask or not.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/01/orange-county-beaches-newsom-closed/

#12807 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200502-020417~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200502-020417~3 (resized).png
#12808 3 years ago

Yep that's about where I'm at. Very much over it.

#12809 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yep that's about where I'm at. Very much over it.

I'm sure you are , you guys have had a full-on Lockdown .

#12810 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and one of the countless by products of this crisis is more and more homeless people are camping out on Subways.

The number of homeless on the streets has actually gone down in the UK, due to hotels which are sitting empty being requisitioned for them.
Not only does it ensure they're safety from the usual $h!t they have to deal with being homeless, they are also able to effectively self-isolate.

FB_IMG_1588162638851 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1588162638851 (resized).jpg

Photo from my sister in Queens from the flyover

#12811 3 years ago

We sure could use a-
“Vid's Guide to surviving Covid19”

#12812 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When you see a huge company like that suddenly having everyone work from home, it sends a strong message.

Ireland closed all of the pubs 2 days before St Patricks day - now THAT is a strong message.

#12813 3 years ago

Phew - Kim Jong-Un is alive and well , I was getting worried for a bit . Thought Corona might have got him .

Tonight's movie RED .

IMG_20200502_211507 (resized).jpgIMG_20200502_211507 (resized).jpgIMG20200502210627 (resized).jpgIMG20200502210627 (resized).jpg

#12814 3 years ago

Added to my CoVid-19 facts post today:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/37#post-5546370

Studies are increasingly showing a role of blood clotting from 'micro-clots' in the capillaries of the lung being a cause of death.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273609/Coronavirus-deadly-blood-clots-Irish-doctors-hundreds-small-blockages-lungs.html

South Korea has solved 'The Mystery of the Deja-Vu CoVid-19 Disease.'

From my previous addendum:

"In South Korea, 116 patients who had previously tested positive for CoVid-19 and recovered have tested positive again. This raises the possibilities of reinfection, but also may be caused by:

• Inaccurate testing - false positives of first test
  • Re-emergence of dormant virus - much like Chicken Pox returns later in life as Shingles
  • As mentioned above, reinfection due to low immunity levels from first bout with CoVid-19"

South Korea is now saying that the tests were false positives and not reinfection. Fragments of CoVid-19 can remain in the body for months and picked up again in testing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273947/South-Korea-admits-292-coronavirus-reinfections-false-positives.html

Pecos

#12815 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

People tend to get upset at "price gauging". I do too if you buy up supply and auction it off. But, if you're a store that regularly stocks it, and your supply is limited, you absolutely SHOULD increase the price. It makes people decide whether it's worth it for them or not. So many people are buying things just because they see them in stock, regardless of how much supply they personally have. Up that price and only the people that need it get it.

51E74A0E-5C32-4BE4-92AD-72FFFD5BEE3D (resized).jpeg51E74A0E-5C32-4BE4-92AD-72FFFD5BEE3D (resized).jpeg
#12816 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ca some body tell me how those Michigan idiots manage to get into a courthouse with assault weapons? If I walked into either county courthouse or the Federal Courthouse across the packing any kind of heat, even a BB gun, I would be on the ground in handcuffs.

Apparently it’s totally legal to open carry like that in Michigan. I was really taken aback when I learned that. I had a group of friends who were all “why are intimidated by that?” Like it’s totally normal to just walk around with a mask and a rifle.

I decided to take a break from those friends.

#12817 3 years ago

Is it gauging, or gouging?

#12818 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

"In South Korea, 116 patients who had previously tested positive for CoVid-19 and recovered have tested positive again. This raises the possibilities of reinfection, but also may be caused by:

Inaccurate testing - false positives of first test
Re-emergence of dormant virus - much like Chicken Pox returns later in life as Shingles
As mentioned above, reinfection due to low immunity levels from first bout with CoVid-19"
South Korea is now saying that the tests were false positives and not reinfection. Fragments of CoVid-19 can remain in the body for months and picked up again in testing.

That is some good news, thanks for that information.

#12819 3 years ago

That's weird, I saw this pic from the Michigan protest. I thought it was about something else.

#12820 3 years ago

I'm conflicted if this is what our beaches will turn into.

94644038_625134138344092_476061446468272128_n (resized).jpg94644038_625134138344092_476061446468272128_n (resized).jpg
#12821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ca some body tell me how those Michigan idiots manage to get into a courthouse with assault weapons? If I walked into either county courthouse or the Federal Courthouse across the packing any kind of heat, even a BB gun, I would be on the ground in handcuffs.

They're not in the courthouse, that would be illegal. Michigan is an open carry state and they were protesting in the capital building.

#12822 3 years ago

I know pinside will not ask, and maybe the mods will take this down, but some of you grey hearts here need to step up. You are around here enough that you are benefitting.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.43.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.43.18 AM (resized).png

#12823 3 years ago

https://infection2020.com/

I wish that would had the foresight to have taken a screenshot of this map 4 or 5 weeks ago for comparison.

There is a lot of red in here.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.59.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.59.37 AM (resized).png

But I do have these from 3-17-2020 from when we were just getting started.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.05.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.05.05 AM (resized).png

Barely 6 weeks ago, The U.S. #8 from the top with 97 deaths. And now we are 66,260 deaths. In 6 weeks !

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.26.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.26.56 PM (resized).png

The powers can open the country all they want. I leave the house only for groceries. Without a vaccine, I don't see that changing.

#12824 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://infection2020.com/
I wish that would had the foresight to have taken a screenshot of this map 4 or 5 weeks ago for comparison.
There is a lot of red in here.
[quoted image]

But I do have these from 3-17-2020 from when we were just getting started.
[quoted image]
Barely 6 weeks ago, The U.S. #8 from the top with 97 deaths. And now we are 66,260 deaths. In 6 weeks !
[quoted image]
The powers can open the country all they want. I leave the house only for groceries. Without a vaccine, I don't see that changing.

There are a number of maps that show a "timelapse" of recorded cases by county.

Here's one example:

https://uscovid-19map.org/

#12825 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nobody walks in LA

Good song, but I actually walk 5+ miles everyday year round

Quoted from cottonm4:

I wonder how it would have went down if it was black dudes storming places with assault weapons...

#12826 3 years ago

Well, apparently, Dr. Fauci knows things and says things that chap the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/anthony-fauci-white-house-blocks-house-testimony/index.html

"White House blocks Fauci from testifying next week".

TWH will not let Fauci testify in the House, but he will be testifying in front of the Senate.
==================

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Dr. Birx seems to be an expert at Washington speak. She talks a lot but does not say much; It is the old "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit" program. I listen to her talk and shake my head but I can't figure out what she is talking about.

#12827 3 years ago

From yesterday. HB has always known how to throw a party.

A9BE8346363842DC95FD4E7B65FAB2E5 (resized).jpgA9BE8346363842DC95FD4E7B65FAB2E5 (resized).jpg90 (resized).jpg90 (resized).jpg
#12828 3 years ago

These people are absolutely insane, and they are being used (as usual) by various special interests that don’t give a shit about them.

Embarrassing and sad.

Anyway, it’s an absolutely GORGEOUS day outside. I’m off to flip over police cars and burn mailboxes until they reopen the Hard Rock Cafe In Times Square.

Did you know they have the script to Demolition Man in there?!!! THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE WATERED!!!

#12829 3 years ago

They just want their beach open. Somehow the surfers got around it and didn't start any fights that I know of.

#12830 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From yesterday. HB has always known how to throw a party.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a nice VolksWagon Bus in there.

#12831 3 years ago

Government run Child care?

"The economy can't recover until parents have child care again."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/economy/reopening-economy-child-care-wellness/index.html

" Governors, mayors and President Trump are eager for the US economy to reopen. But child care -- or lack thereof -- could be the X factor to determine when that will happen.

The coronavirus pandemic has already shut schools and day cares, leaving America's working parents stuck juggling their professional and child care responsibilities at home. Now the summer holidays are around the corner, but it's uncertain whether summer camps will open."

" In the economy everything is connected. If people aren't going to work, that has a knock-on effect: Working from home means people don't spend money on train tickets, gas, lunches or dry cleaning."

" Mike Englund, principal director and chief economist at Action Economics, said all of this means households with two working parents will need to adopt a strategy to cope, perhaps with one parent working from home, quitting their job or not looking for a new one if they were laid off.
That continues the knock-on effect.
If people leave the labor force altogether to take care of their kids, "that reduces the labor force and the employment level, so we get a less rapid bounce," Englund added."

" Since April 1, essential workers in health care, human services, government and infrastructure qualify for the state's child care assistance program.

That means Illinois will cover most, if not all, of the costs of child care for essential workers, irrespective of their income.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between these kinds of social programs and the mainstreaming of remote work, coronavirus could change the nature of work forever."
====================================================================================

I never married and have no children.

To the parents here: How is child care going to determine your actions?
If both of you were working will one of you now stay home?

Would you be OK if the government picks up the tab?

#12832 3 years ago

Wow it’s nice out today.

Look at this living hell we are enduring!! We need to riot!!!

DFF30B53-C191-4990-9C0A-B9D3FAAF2604 (resized).jpegDFF30B53-C191-4990-9C0A-B9D3FAAF2604 (resized).jpeg
#12833 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Apparently it’s totally legal to open carry like that in Michigan. I was really taken aback when I learned that. I had a group of friends who were all “why are intimidated by that?” Like it’s totally normal to just walk around with a mask and a rifle.

Ohhhh the horror that someone would excersise their constitutional right to bear arms so that they can protect themselves and their family. Its soooooo scary to see a law binding citizen with a gun.

#12834 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

We have open carry in Colorado also but you're far safer with those people than some gang banger with a 38 hidden in his pants. I have my concealed carry permit, I'm weapons trained (required) and it's the bad guys that need to be nervous. I find that people who don't own and respect firearms have a lot of misunderstandings about those that do. - Although I do understand it's a scary look portrayed in those type of pictures.
And with people unemployed and liquor stores still open, I'm glad to have my Glock 26 on me.

#12835 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, apparently, Dr. Fauci knows things and says things that chap the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/anthony-fauci-white-house-blocks-house-testimony/index.html

"White House blocks Fauci from testifying next week".

TWH will not let Fauci testify in the House, but he will be testifying in front of the Senate.
==================

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Dr. Birx seems to be an expert at Washington speak. She talks a lot but does not say much; It is the old "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit" program. I listen to her talk and shake my head but I can't figure out what she is talking about.

He shouldn't go in front of either body right now. There will be time once the pandemic is in check. Nobody needs a sideshow in the House, or a propaganda show in the Senate. Therapeutics and vaccines are still being worked on, and he is one of the people in charge of that. Rome is burning and people are taking requests on what Nero should play. Both sides need to focus on the emergency then point fingers after it is over.

#12836 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thats a nice VolksWagon Bus in there.

There are still a few cruising around. As long as you aren't too close to the beach, they don't get much rust.

Yesterday's party was nothing like the one HB threw back in '86.

#12837 3 years ago

Hopefully we don't see country-wide spikes in hospital admissions in 2 weeks. Our doctors and nurses really need some time off to recuperate.

EW4IOf3XgAMuPBL (resized).jpgEW4IOf3XgAMuPBL (resized).jpg

#12838 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They just want their beach open. Somehow the surfers got around it and didn't start any fights that I know of.

I went to the pier in San Clemente and saw people walking on the beach path. No surfers, probably cause there wasn't any waves. T street had the stairs closed to gain access to the beach path. They put a fence up at Doheny to prevent people from Hole in the Fence beach to access for walking or biking. So last day of April Doheny was open and San Clemente beach trail and surfing closed. Next day, Doheny closed, San Clemente allowing walking and surfing. (Exercising permitted). San Clemente muni golf course closed, with foursomes all over the course, and no pins on the greens. Bizzare. Plenty of space on tees and greens to social distance. Then Shorecliffs golf course opens May 1. Due to design of course, size of greens and tees not conducive to social distancing. Can be done, but I'm observing groups that aren't. It's the bizzaro world. After seeing last weeks beaches it was inevitable. I asked the rangers the last day of April if they were shutting down Doheny. They said yes and were apologetic. They know we haven't had a problem at Doheny, but the state parks in Huntington are a different story.

#12839 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We have open carry in Colorado also but you're far safer with those people than some gang banger with a 38 hidden in his pants. I have my concealed carry permit, I'm weapons trained (required) and it's the bad guys that need to be nervous. I find that people who don't own and respect firearms have a lot of misunderstandings about those that do. - Although I do understand it's a scary look portrayed in those type of pictures.
And with people unemployed and liquor stores still open, I'm glad to have my Glock 26 on me.

More people carrying, the more bad guys have to worry and wonder if their next target is packing and precision trained. Not a scary look at all.

#12840 3 years ago

#12841 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

More people carrying, the more bad guys have to worry and wonder if their next target is packing and precision trained. Not a scary look at all.

My personal concern is: how many of you ‘good guys’ actually know what a ‘bad guy’ is, are deluded into thinking you actually ARE a ‘good guy’, and don’t have enough discernment to know when it would even be an appropriate time to yield your weapon against so-called ‘bad guy’.

This black and white / good and evil paradigm scares me. Sorry.

#12842 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There are more choices available than A. hanging out with a gang banger with a hidden .38 or B. running around with the Michigan Militia.

I have lots of guns, am prior military, and weapons trained. But still believe the protestors have zero reason to play military dress up and brandish them inside the capitol building while protesting the stay at home order. It was a display designed to be threatening and shocking. That is not what gun ownership is about. Those guys were delivering a completely different message.

#12843 3 years ago

Why is everyone so worried opening up? As long as you, your family members, and close friends or co-workers don't have any of the pre-existing conditions, you will be just fine! Enjoy!

IMG_7256 (resized).jpgIMG_7256 (resized).jpg

#12844 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

San Clemente muni golf course closed

That reminded me of the old mini golf down there on El Camino Real north end of town. Remember they had a shack that had pool tables and a few pinball machines in there?

#12845 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

There are lots of people starting to open carry around here now and nobody even gives them a 2nd look. Only a mentally weak person would care. People who are afraid of guns are so terribly misinformed that is ridiculous.

#12846 3 years ago

NY officially closed school facilities for the remainder of the academic year.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12847 3 years ago
20200430_092212 (resized).jpg20200430_092212 (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/257?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.