272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 576.
#12150 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The death taper does not appear to be happening yet.

TwitterBob (as I call him, located here https://twitter.com/isfbob) added a pretty interesting chart related to deaths that identifies a (the?) peak. He publishes daily around 11:00 PM Eastern. A couple days ago he broke out the US into a NY line and a separate 'Rest of US' line on his worldwide chart:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.11.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.11.57 PM (resized).png

He also publishes a version with selected high-infection states:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.16.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.16.14 PM (resized).png

Apparently only NY and WA can claim to be beyond a peak.

Quoted from mbwalker:

This is an interesting link. It's not about the absolute numbers (i.e. 10K, 50K, etc.) it's more about the trend.
From the web site: "If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading."
https://rt.live/#TX

Thanks for that link - excellent find!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#12151 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm not certain I could add anything of value.

Hold my White Claw, and watch closely.

#12152 3 years ago

Not adding anything of value is easy to learn, hard to master.
I'm a pro here Phil.

#12153 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200420-142841~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200420-142841~2 (resized).png
#12154 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Allowing myself to become infected would give me the immunity I seek and I could then help people by donating blood, my energy, whatever. (snip) Any feedback or ideas welcomed.

This is a very personal decision, and it’s one we’re all going to have to make at some point. If I was a triathlete living alone, it would be kind of a no-brainer. My 78-year-old mother lives with me and my wife. She has a healthier lifestyle than me, but she’s 78. I’ve got high blood pressure, am about 25 pounds overweight and I drink a lot of alcohol. At some point I’ll need to go back to Philadelphia for my regular 2-week monthly stints. I miss Philly a lot, but I worry a lot about bringing home the virus. I worry about getting sick myself. I don’t know what the right answer is. I mostly don’t want to be a burden to hospital staff. And I guess dying on a ventilator is on my list of things to avoid this year. I’ll tough it out at home with my pins and beer and record player for as long as I can.

#12155 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not adding anything of value is easy to learn, hard to master.
I'm a pro here Phil.

Comparing the experience from the Incident here where I'm at is very different from a hard hit area.
Very little has changed, from the beginning. My Family goes to work each day.
Hardly anyone wears a mask at the local Curb Market.
They say these could be the new Hot Spots flaring up.
Listen closely Folks. EVERYONE will be exposed to this strain. Millions of undocumented already have been.
Returning to Work is easy and methodical, safe operating procedures are written by the Employees that do the jobs.
It is the remainder of Society where the problems occur. Large crowds, tight spots.

#12156 3 years ago

Nonsense Phil. Keep on truckin

#12157 3 years ago

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowldge. Ridiculous Hollywood moment.

zzNINTCHDBPICT000578915265 (resized).jpgzzNINTCHDBPICT000578915265 (resized).jpgzzbenafflecksmokebreak (resized).jpgzzbenafflecksmokebreak (resized).jpg
#12158 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowldge. Ridiculous Hollywood moment.[quoted image][quoted image]

"IM BATMAN"

#12159 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowldge. Ridiculous Hollywood moment.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mr68 it’s easy to take pics like that out of context, and I’m surprised you fell into that trap. I can think of many logical explanations for this. Haven’t you ever put your sunglasses on your head when you didn’t need them?

#12160 3 years ago

Looks like Saskatchewan will be the test dummy province to see how reopening goes. Alberta officials fear that golfers will be travelling to Saskatchewan to golf for the day and potentially bring the Carona back with them. Lol.

#12162 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm hoping they will reconsider. The curve may be flattening, but we're still seeing 30,000 new confirmed cases a day. Which is still a lot.
New England? Whoo... real disaster up yonder. RI, MA, CT, PA, NJ... new cases up up up.
We gotta see these trends nosediving before we think about loosening restrictions... I mean, right?

Very sad.......today is a new record......38,474 new cases
April 24th (resized).jpgApril 24th (resized).jpg

#12163 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

"IM BATMAN"

more like Bane...

#12164 3 years ago

Board game baseball, anyone?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12165 3 years ago

Just popping in to see if anyone posted The Dead Milkmen track yet, and I see that's all taken care of!

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Board game baseball, anyone?[quoted image]

Looks fancy, I prefer the basic way.
20200424_220304 (resized).jpg20200424_220304 (resized).jpg

#12167 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowldge. Ridiculous Hollywood moment.

or is he ahead of the curve.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/french-study-suggests-smokers-at-lower-risk-of-getting-coronavirus

#12168 3 years ago
23CBF995-E2FA-4CC2-9D2F-AE2C55212D8C.jpeg23CBF995-E2FA-4CC2-9D2F-AE2C55212D8C.jpeg
#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

mr68 it’s easy to take pics like that out of context, and I’m surprised you fell into that trap. I can think of many logical explanations for this. Haven’t you ever put your sunglasses on your head when you didn’t need them?

Its funny. FYMF and Tiltmonster get it.

#12170 3 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

[quoted image]

Sad, yes, but probably due to the increased testing.

#12171 3 years ago

No pork.

I had to go to Walmart for groceries this evening.

No pork. No pork chops. No pork loin. No pork butt. No ground pork. Just no pork.

I don't know what the store will look like after it closes and gets restocked over night.

1 gallon on milk is now $1.59.

Some hamburger in the tubes. Some other small parts of beef. No steaks. The beef shelf was mostly empty.

No eggs. The butter shelves were getting light. I bought one box of butter for just in case.

I loaded up on some canned goods. For just in case. By the way the shelves of canned vegetables looked I could tell that I was not the only one stocking up on canned goods.

This trip to Walmart showed more of the customers are wising up and wearing a mask. Some with gloves. A few are still not wearing a mask or gloves.

#12172 3 years ago

Found a tote today I forgot about. Has a few puzzles to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks. Our new norm is cards and tunes at happy hour so will be nice to mix it up. Battleship tomorrow!

20200424_200930.jpg20200424_200930.jpg
#12173 3 years ago

When businesses like restaurants slowly open, it appears in some areas that they might ask you some questions, and take your temperature. They will have social spacing, disposable menus, masked servers. Seems like a lot to go through for a sit down meal.

#12174 3 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

[quoted image]

Thats weird. The stats on the page I prefer show today was our first real decline. I wonder if it's not updating properly for some reason.

https://infection2020.com/

#12175 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Excellent.

#12176 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

When businesses like restaurants slowly open, it appears in some areas that they might ask you some questions, and take your temperature. They will have social spacing, disposable menus, masked servers. Seems like a lot to go through for a sit down meal.

Assume a restaurant has to lose 50% of its seating to maintain social distancing. Assume there is a corresponding 50% drop in revenue. And a wild ass assumption a 50% drop in net earnings.

No eatery can survive that.

I drive by Mc Donalds. It has an OK amount of drive up traffic. Last night, Chic-filet had two drive up lines going with about 20-25 cars in each line.

Sonic has been staying real busy since it is basically and car-hop shop.

Prediction: Any fast food joint that does not have a drive thru will probably be doing some remodeling as this virus progresses.

#12177 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Assume a restaurant has to lose 50% of its seating to maintain social distancing. Assume there is a corresponding 50% drop in revenue. And a wild ass assumption a 50% drop in net earnings.

Yes I would agree with that. Currently some independent restaurants here tried the Pick Up option. A few have just closed, as it is not financially a great idea. Their menu offerings were also limited. The 99.9% of fast food places here have a Drive Thru, and people know that Pizza places have delivery.

#12178 3 years ago

My local Chic-Fil-A has always been about 80% drive-thru business anyway, with 2 long lines of cars. Nothing has slowed down for them at all.

#12179 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Georgia and Florida will almost certainly see a spike in new infections over the next several weeks if they actually go forward with their plans. I'm hoping they will reconsider. The curve may be flattening, but we're still seeing 30,000 new confirmed cases a day. Which is still a lot. New England? Whoo... real disaster up yonder. RI, MA, CT, PA, NJ... new cases up up up.

So now all the New Englanders will flee to the newly-open beaches down south, bringing a fresh load of virus and completing the circle started when the spring-breakers shared it amongst themselves and brought it to the cities a month ago. Lovely.

#12180 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No eatery can survive that.

Maybe the market lets them double prices. Seriously, if demand for restaurant seats returns but the supply is halved the establishment's business thinker will likely find this answer. And they will resize staffing to make the new model work - and that's likely not good.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#12181 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ben Affleck showing lack of knowledge.

jim carrey knows how to wear a mask while smokin.
smokin.gifsmokin.gif

#12183 3 years ago
EAF09B73-2ECA-41D8-81DB-7920C5EB7296 (resized).jpegEAF09B73-2ECA-41D8-81DB-7920C5EB7296 (resized).jpeg
#12184 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200424-233646~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200424-233646~2 (resized).png
#12185 3 years ago

Ok....here’s the latest, with a brief history/timeline of covid-19.

It’s gonna be worse than normal flu...we might all die...well, looks like only older people. Wait, a young person died. It can live on surfaces for hours. Especially door knobs. After review, it lives on some surfaces more than others. Uh oh, New York is getting bad..we are all gonna die! Shut it all down and go home until further notice! Looks like we won’t all die. Just old people and the black and brown people, because the virus has become racist. But don’t worry! Everyone is gonna get money. Trillions and trillions of money! But good luck getting it. Check is in the mail. We need to test. We can’t test. We don’t have tests, but no one knows why. Wait! Now we have tests and can test. But the tests are full of false positives and false negatives. So you might need to take another test, because we don’t know if first one was accurate. Good news! Lots of people have had it with zero symptoms. So people who have had it are in the clear! Wait a minute...we think it can be caught again. So if you had it, keep worrying. And check this out...cats have it. Big cats and small cats. Stay away from cats. We aren’t at the peak. But maybe we are. Maybe we will open, maybe we won’t. This fall, the virus will be more deadly than this year, so keep worrying and stay at home some more. Or it’s gonna kill you!

#12186 3 years ago

To see some truths you must stand out and look in.

08434EE9-7076-455E-A6A8-15E59DAE4D68 (resized).jpeg08434EE9-7076-455E-A6A8-15E59DAE4D68 (resized).jpeg
#12187 3 years ago

I really missed this thread!

#12188 3 years ago

A couple of Doctors' opinions that are parallel with mine:

#12190 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

A couple of Doctors' opinions that are parallel with mine:

Couple of Doctors making statements that are stretches and immediately countered by the people they were talking about
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/public-health-responds-to-comments-made-by-accelerated-urgent-care-doctor-about-reopening

#12191 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So back to pinball for a bit. How does everyone think this will affect the pinball market if this continues on for many more months? Do prices hold or if more lose their jobs, is it inevitable prices on some games will drop?
Also wondering about NIB. Is Stern making any games at all right now or is the line still shut down? What are the chances they role out any new games before fall and is demand for NIB purchases going to soften significantly given how many many are unemployed or worried about their jobs?

Those are good questions. Some distributors have said that sales have been very good during the pandemic with many titles selling out. Part of this seems to be attributed to people wanting to have a new pinball machine in their home during this time. Personally I don't think that trend is going to last beyond a month or two as the sales from more financially stable buyers wear out.

There's now been over 25 million unemployment claims within the past 5 weeks, from what I read that's 1 in 6 American workers. Eventually the fallout from that will hit the pinball market and it likely already has considering the large uptick in for sale ads we've seen over the past month. For those workers that are not laid off only a small portion is going to be willing to drop $6k - $12k+ on a new pinball machine of all things. I bet most workers are just trying to pay their bills and or are in saving mode.

#12192 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ok....here’s the latest, with a brief history/timeline of covid-19.
It’s gonna be worse than normal flu...we might all die...well, looks like only older people. Wait, a young person died. It can live on surfaces for hours. Especially door knobs. After review, it lives on some surfaces more than others. Uh oh, New York is getting bad..we are all gonna die! Shut it all down and go home until further notice! Looks like we won’t all die. Just old people and the black and brown people, because the virus has become racist. But don’t worry! Everyone is gonna get money. Trillions and trillions of money! But good luck getting it. Check is in the mail. We need to test. We can’t test. We don’t have tests, but no one knows why. Wait! Now we have tests and can test. But the tests are full of false positives and false negatives. So you might need to take another test, because we don’t know if first one was accurate. Good news! Lots of people have had it with zero symptoms. So people who have had it are in the clear! Wait a minute...we think it can be caught again. So if you had it, keep worrying. And check this out...cats have it. Big cats and small cats. Stay away from cats. We aren’t at the peak. But maybe we are. Maybe we will open, maybe we won’t. This fall, the virus will be more deadly than this year, so keep worrying and stay at home some more. Or it’s gonna kill you!

You nailed it.

#12193 3 years ago

Oh good, there are two ER doctors who think we should just open the gates. Luckily there are thousands of doctors out there who disagree with them.

There were also two doctors who went on the news and said that Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin was a 100% cure. Where are they now? #crickets

Dr. Drew and Dr. Oz went on TV and told everyone this was all overblown and mocked people who were wearing masks in the early stages of the pandemic. #Oops

Yeah, go with the data, not with anecdotes from two ER guys.

This seems to be the new talking points for the conspiracy theorists. I've seen many people touting the study from Stanford saying the infection rate may be higher than thought and thus the mortality rate lower. This was always considered to be probably the case but it really doesn't matter in the end. The study also has issues with the test they chose to use (unapproved test with higher false positive rate) and with sampling error (they used Facebook to recruit patients and their recruitment letter was written in a way to encourage those who had had symptoms or thought they already had coronavirus to be tested).

What matters in the end is how many people flood the hospitals and end up dying as a result of this pandemic. If coronavirus only infects 20% of the population and kills 5% of them, it's the same as if it infects 50% of the population and kills 2% of them. You still have a hell of a lot of people dead. What happened to the people saying this wouldn't kill more than the flu? Seasonal flu kills somewhere between 20000-60000 people in the US every year with business as usual. Coronavirus has already killed 52000 people in A MONTH with mitigation measures in place. Even if the true mortality rate is as low as 0.3%, 0.3% of 328.3 million people is 984,600.

#12194 3 years ago

I heard through the grape vine that doctors are staying home and leaving the nurses to take care of the covid’s. I know that’s true in that part of the world...let’s hope it’s not all over the country.

#12195 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Those are good questions. Some distributors have said that sales have been very good during the pandemic with many titles selling out.

I don't believe it. I have had vendors ring me this week to check in. People I haven't heard from in months. They claim to be really busy (as they know I am given where I work). I also know one of them has asked all staff to take a salary reduction. No one wants to buy from a company going under you wait for the fire sale. They are posturing.

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just popping in to see if anyone posted The Dead Milkmen track yet, and I see that's all taken care of!

Hey, I posted that song way back at post # 5245.

#12198 3 years ago

And now another thing to add to the "I really don't want to get the virus" stack is the possibility that it is causing otherwise healthy young people who have contracted the virus to have a stroke. This storyline has popped up all over the internet......…...below is just one link to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

#12199 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I heard through the grape vine that doctors are staying home and leaving the nurses to take care of the covid’s. I know that’s true in that part of the world.

I work in a Australian hospital on the front line in the Ed Department with this covid-19 and every day im there it is always full of doctors
So if there are any doctors reading this go to work and help the people.
Raff

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/244?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.