272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 576.
#12050 4 years ago

A new post approval forum feature has been released. Please see the announcement here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-approvals-and-more

The covid thread has now been re-opened.

When posting in this thread, please try to keep this in mind:

Quoted from robin:

This site aims to bring pinball fans together, not divide us.

#12053 4 years ago

Thank You...I like this thread, entertaining and informative

#12057 4 years ago

Sign in front of Dr Scott’s Pinball Store in Maumee, OH. I would have to answer yes to this one.

36F2DA17-AAF6-4333-87F5-60682AA99C16 (resized).jpeg36F2DA17-AAF6-4333-87F5-60682AA99C16 (resized).jpeg
#12058 4 years ago

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/24/843529545/washington-post-reporter-documents-what-america-looks-like-now

National shoutout for Dr Scott’s too. Hahaha. Any publicity is good publicity. 5 minute audio.

#12059 4 years ago

Welcome

369DA8C1-E575-4CED-B473-4D79584B633B (resized).jpeg369DA8C1-E575-4CED-B473-4D79584B633B (resized).jpeg
#12060 4 years ago

Back to you Cotton

VDpLHus.gifVDpLHus.gif
#12061 4 years ago

Back again! We will try and be on our best behavior.

#12062 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We are working on changes that will improve it for all users, making it less divisive and more fact-based.
Please do not open any other Covid threads or turn current threads around to discuss this subject.

How hard is this thread going to be modded , are we allowed to talk about general things , post comments about beer or food or is it strictly evidence-based facts about the coronavirus .
If it's just factual posts , Australia is up to 78 deaths .

#12063 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How hard is this thread going to be modded , are we allowed to talk about general things , post comments about beer or food or is it strictly evidence-based facts about the coronavirus .
If it's just factual posts , Australia is up to 78 deaths .

As long as the post isn't overtly political, a link to obvious misinformation, or a clear violation of the rules, we will let it through. We will do the best we can to keep this thread flowing in an organic manner. It obviously isn't an ideal scenario, but the alternative was closing the thread altogether.

#12064 4 years ago

Numbers continue to rise here in Ca daily.
Deaths, admissions, ICU, contracted cases.
At this rate Ca curve wont go down till maybe June 1st. Then its still a waiting game to get down to low %.
We have a meeting monday for our union. Looks like we may still be out of work till almost Christmas.

#12065 4 years ago

Well since we last met, Covid has hit close to home, a good friends father passed away from the virus, whom I also knew well for many years. I’m ready for this to be over.

#12066 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well since we last met, Covid has hit close to home, a good friends father passed away from the virus, whom I also knew well for many years. I’m ready for this to be over.

It's horrible. My best friend's mom just got off a ventilator after being on it for 16 days. It's going to be a long recovery for her, and she will probably never be back to 100%.

#12067 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm sorry to hear that Scary times.

#12068 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As long as the post isn't overtly political, a link to obvious misinformation, or a clear violation of the rules, we will let it through. We will do the best we can to keep this thread flowing in an organic manner. It obviously isn't an ideal scenario, but the alternative was closing the thread altogether.

I would like to say thank you to pinside for reopening this thread . I do not have Facebook or tiktok or any social media apps , I speak to people from all around the world thanks to pinside . As this is one of the world's biggest ever issue , people are going to want to talk about it . I'm interesting to hear about how this crisis is affecting people from all different countries

#12069 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At this rate Ca curve wont go down till maybe June 1st. Then its still a waiting game to get down to low %.
We have a meeting monday for our union. Looks like we may still be out of work till almost Christmas.

Where do you work?

#12070 4 years ago

Numbers rose here in San Luis Obispo county due to the fact that they are testing more people. The new cases are low grade and all are recovering at home.

We've had a total of 149 cases since the beginning. 119 have fully recovered, 28 are recovering at home, 1 person has been hospitalized.

We've had one death....an 85 year old gentleman with preexisting health issues. This is in a county of approximately 280,000 people.

All in all, SLO County is doing great. https://www.ksby.com/news/coronavirus/slo-co-reports-7-new-cases-of-covid-19-total-now-149

#12071 4 years ago

Spending my time rebuilding the projects and playing with watches. Got ALL of the score reels rebuilt throughout the museum as well as three complete machines.

About to be four soon... this is a 1967 Magic City. Watch is a 1960’s Diehl “Eye of Sauron” edition from Germany. Just to keep the decades consistent.

Stay safe y’all. I hate this situation as much as anyone & have vulnerable family members out there too.

5A218C60-DEC3-405A-8230-944066A7FC3A (resized).jpeg5A218C60-DEC3-405A-8230-944066A7FC3A (resized).jpeg
#12073 4 years ago

I picture Phil Lee in a smoking jacket re-lighting his pipe

#12074 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Where do you work?

Ive been in IATSE for over 30 years. Im a Tech Dir, Head Carpenter, Head Prop Master on many shows, 1 off's and Large special events.
Im in several Locals but based here in Southern Calif Orange Country Local 504. Yes, ive restored a High Speed.
We have Disneyland as our main client, so the park has been #1 concern since lockdown.
How we going to open this thing?
If Disney opened tomorrow , 20,000 guests would show up, and we just can't do that.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

All in all, SLO County is doing great.

I have many friends up in SLO county. Seems Nor Cal has been doing better than us down below LA county. Orange county has had only 3 deaths each of the past 2 weeks. But sadly, infections keep going up by 10% daily.

#12076 4 years ago

If stern wants to open the production line any time soon they will have to seek a waiver from Illinois.

#12077 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Back to you Cotton[quoted image]

I am home, Gryszzz ! I am home !!

#12078 4 years ago

Any thoughts on UFC 249 May 9 in Florida?

#12079 4 years ago

The break in this thread was great for me to clear my head, consider things, and research Covid-19.

I'm done with the extreme isolation I've been in and I find myself wanting to become infected. This is not an impulsive idea or a deathwish. I'm in excellent health and from what I've read, the great majority of infected people survive it and many with a range of tolerable symptoms.

With a vaccine a year or more away I'm not willing to live my life in guarded worry for that long. Allowing myself to become infected would give me the immunity I seek and I could then help people by donating blood, my energy, whatever.

So I began brainstorming on how to accomplish my goal of infection while keeping others safe. I don't mind experimenting on myself but how do I do it without harming others and this is what I've come up with.

I email my doctor and told him that I wish to voluntarily become infected via any clinical studies. I'm waiting to hear back from him. I also called my local hospital but they didn't have anything. Lastly, I Googled and found this: "Human challenge trials, where healthy volunteers would be exposed to Covid-19"
Link: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/4/9/21209593/coronavirus-vaccine-human-trials-explained

It's an interesting read and has a link to submit your email for consideration in the study, IF a study like this happens. I submitted my email but have taken no further actions to verify the websites legitimacy or anything else about it. I just found it this morning and I want to continue to searching the internet. Please do your homework if interested and let me know.

I will continue to wear a face mask and practice safety protocols but something's gotta give. Any feedback or ideas welcomed.

#12080 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If stern wants to open the production line any time soon they will have to seek a waiver from Illinois.

Also install barriers between employees that must work closer than 6 feet apart.

#12081 4 years ago

You don't have all the facts about the virus for such a drastic move imo

#12082 4 years ago

Ive been in IATSE for over 30 years. Im a Tech Dir, Head Carpenter, Head Prop Master on many shows, 1 off's and Large special events.
Im in several Locals but based here in Southern Calif Orange Country Local 504. Yes, ive restored a High Speed.
We have Disneyland as our main client, so the park has been #1 concern since lockdown.
How we going to open this thing?
If Disney opened tomorrow , 20,000 guests would show up, and we just can't do that.

I can not see Disneyland staying closed past the Fall.....They have the tech and creativity to open and create a safe environment. I can't see Disneyland hitting even close to 20,000 until quite a bit of time has passed anyway....but even if they did, 20,000 is far fewer than typical capacity crowds there. If you hear solid news about it ...please continue to post.

#12083 4 years ago

Swampfire mentioned this a few days days ago. "At the rate we are going we will be hitting the 60K threshold for deaths in the US way before August.

We are now at 50,236 total deaths in the US. At this rate, we will see 60K deaths in another 5-6 days. May 1 is 6 days away.

Italy, Spain, France, and UK are doing so hot, either.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.25.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.25.19 AM (resized).png

New York death rate seems to have slowed down but other states' numbers are slowly rising. Some states in this part of the list thought they were going to dodge a bullet. They are being being proved wrong.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.26.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.26.38 AM (resized).png

As far as the argument that we are peaking, I'm thinking it looks like more of a plateau.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.26.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.26.58 AM (resized).png

Same for daily deaths. It looks like a plateau, as well.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.27.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.27.16 AM (resized).png

Three, or four, pork production plants have been shut down. Hundreds of pork plant workers have tested positive for Covid-19. I go to Walmart for groceries and the pork shelves are starting to look a little light.

I read where some farmers might go under which could cause some problems for the fruit and veggie shelves in the future. I'm thinking of starting to stock up on canned goods.

As this virus progresses, I am more and more thinking I will not leave the house until there is a vaccine. I don't care what the state leadership says.

My girlfriend has already received her $1200.00 stimulus check via direct deposit. The IRS.gov website says my check will be mailed out today, 4-24-2020.

That is about all from the resident voice of cheer

#12084 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The break in this thread was great for me to clear my head, consider things, and research Covid-19.
I'm done with the extreme isolation I've been in and I find myself wanting to become infected. This is not an impulsive idea or a deathwish. I'm in excellent health and from what I've read, the great majority of infected people survive it and many with a range of tolerable symptoms.
With a vaccine a year or more away I'm not willing to live my life in guarded worry for that long. Allowing myself to become infected would give me the immunity I seek and I could then help people by donating blood, my energy, whatever.
So I began brainstorming on how to accomplish my goal of infection while keeping others safe. I don't mind experimenting on myself but how do I do it without harming others and this is what I've come up with.
I email my doctor and told him that I wish to voluntarily become infected via any clinical studies. I'm waiting to hear back from him. I also called my local hospital but they didn't have anything. Lastly, I Googled and found this: "Human challenge trials, where healthy volunteers would be exposed to Covid-19"
Link: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/4/9/21209593/coronavirus-vaccine-human-trials-explained
It's an interesting read and has a link to submit your email for consideration in the study, IF a study like this happens. I submitted my email but have taken no further actions to verify the websites legitimacy or anything else about it. I just found it this morning and I want to continue to searching the internet. Please do your homework if interested and let me know.
I will continue to wear a face mask and practice safety protocols but something's gotta give. Any feedback or ideas welcomed.

If you are young and healthy with no underlying conditions such as obesity, asthma, diabetes, or a smoker then go for it if it is something you feel is worth the risk for society. You would be doing humanity a great service if you can find a study to be a subject in. Good luck!

#12085 4 years ago

My thoughts to catch up:

1. Georgia and Florida are opening too soon. You will see a spike in infections there.
2. As predicted, Hydroxychloroquine is not the miracle drug it was touted to be. This is why good doctors wait for more data before they recommend an unproven therapy.
3. In case you didn’t learn this in grade school, injecting or inhaling disinfectants is not a good idea.

#12086 4 years ago

Here are some numbers I find interesting about cumulative death toll in France (Y-axis) over time, since March 1st. 3 years are compared.
All causes of death combined - no bias.

Bottom line: Covid-19 is now causing here a significant deviation from the "normal" death count. (and this does not even take into account the fact that we see less deadly car accident due to lock down)

Capture d’écran 2020-04-24 à 18.47.31 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-04-24 à 18.47.31 (resized).png
#12087 4 years ago

I don’t think Stern will be open till next year maybe.

#12088 4 years ago

#12089 4 years ago

As soon as the dates get close and all looks well as far as numbers, they will keep extending the stay at home law.

#12090 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please don't do that buddy.

#12091 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I can not see Disneyland staying closed past the Fall.....They have the tech and creativity to open and create a safe environment. I can't see Disneyland hitting even close to 20,000 until quite a bit of time has passed anyway....but even if they did, 20,000 is far fewer than typical capacity crowds there. If you hear solid news about it ...please continue to post.

What kind of daily attendance does Disney need to be profitable?

And the great unknown: What if the virus comes back with a vengeance in the fall?

I visited Universal Studios in Orlando 20 years ago. The main phrase that could be used is: Pack them in those rides like sardines.

#12092 4 years ago

Calgary Stampede cancelled. Going to be a long boring summer.

#12093 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

3. In case you didn’t learn this in grade school, injecting or inhaling disinfectants is not a good idea.

NOW you tell me!

#12094 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Calgary Stampede cancelled. Going to be a long boring summer.

That's huge.

#12095 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Any feedback or ideas welcomed.

Well my first advice would be don't do that. I'm glad you're young and healthy. And if you catch it on purpose, that may change in a way you cannot foresee. I have to admit, I thought the same thing. When my girlfriend of 12 years caught it, I debated giving her a big sloppy kiss. But then I thought about my underlying issues, and I also thought about how many people had died at the facility she works at. In the end, I decided that would not be smart.

You don't sound like you need to completely shelter yourself. And in fact, if you want to take a more risky path, help people. Help get food to people that cannot get out. Figure out a way to increase your risk that isn't just running out and catching it intentionally. But just be aware that your outcome is not guaranteed. Your odds are just your odds. The human body doesn't pay attention to odds, it does what it does.

#12096 4 years ago

Disney, Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks opening for the Summer season will be the barometer for how the Summer and beyond will be for America & Canada.

#12097 4 years ago

Are there any forecasts as to how any small-medium businesses will close permanently?

#12098 4 years ago

My goodness, some poor gullible people out there, and some despicable ones to try and capitalize on this stuff too.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/04/24/fbi-raid-medical-spa-allegedly-performing-improper-covid-19-treatments/

#12099 4 years ago

Amazon is now making roughly $10,000 a second as a result of the pandemic.
I think I might revert back to shopping at small businesses after this.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/242?hl=fymf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.