272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 576.
#12000 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm back from vacation. Found another great Corona meme while I was gone.

Looks like she’s been celebrating her freedom to eat ice cream.

#12001 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You do realize that we are kind of joking don’t you? You shouldn’t take this stuff so serious. Its good to laugh. I mean i really don't want a tranny reading bedtime stories to kids but its kind of funny in a way at the same time. I mean its really not funny at all but........nevermid lol. Im so dammed confused that i dont even know what the hell that I'm even saying.

"I hate the fact I'm prejudiced?"

#12002 4 years ago

I’ll just leave this here on the off chance we, you know, need it for something:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-gates-vaccinations-depopulation/

#12003 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm back from vacation. Found another great Corona meme while I was gone.[quoted image]

And I was just easing up the grip on my crank.

#12004 4 years ago

I found a meme too. Here’s a pic of a nurse silently standing in the street to protest the idiots who are congregating on the lawn of the capitol in Colorado.

3B1F3CAD-B54B-4333-91E3-D1215726A041 (resized).jpeg3B1F3CAD-B54B-4333-91E3-D1215726A041 (resized).jpeg
#12005 4 years ago

Maybe they're all getting together to help each other spell check their Facebook posts. At least that's what I'm hoping.

#12006 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

And here in Pennsylvania, off we go....
today's noontime rally at The Capitol to lift restrictions.
Mask use estimated at 'maybe 50%.'[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, you cant fix stupid...and apparently you cant quarantine it either

#12007 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Mask use estimated at 'maybe 50%.'

I'd worry more about the distance to each other than the lack of masks. That's probably because in the Netherlands we're being told that distancing and washing hands is most important and that wearing masks for 'normal people in normal circumstances' can cause damage for a lot of people use them wrongly and it makes them feel safer so they tend to be a little less carefull. I'm not sure if that is true: I read there are studies that support both 'pro wearing masks' and 'against wearing them'. I don't know the numbers though, if the majority agrees or not.
I do think that here we'll see masks advised or obliged, apart from the current use in hospitals and such, for certain professions (like for hairdressers).

#12008 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I'd worry more about the distance to each other than the lack of masks. That's probably because in the Netherlands we're being told that distancing and washing hands is most important and that wearing masks for 'normal people in normal circumstances' can cause damage for a lot of people use them wrongly and it makes them feel safer so they tend to be a little less carefull. I'm not sure if that is true: I read there are studies that support both 'pro wearing masks' and 'against wearing them'. I don't know the numbers though, if the majority agrees or not.
I do think that here we'll see masks advised or obliged, apart from the current use in hospitals and such, for certain professions (like for hairdressers).

As of 8PM Sunday, unless you have a medical condition or are <2, masks are mandatory til further notice at the open 'essential business' stores. Applies to both businesses and individuals. And you can be refused entry. If you make it ugly, they can call police and have you removed.

Meantime here are the 'Open Now' protestors at the state Capitol.

(State) Sen. Republican Doug Mastriano asked the crowd, “do you feel your rights are being trampled on?”
The crowd shouted “yes!”
"It’s time to rise up," he said.

Interestingly, the Legislature is out of session. So they've gathered to scream, honk horns, and endanger themselves and others, in front of an empty building.

HBG 420-PM (resized).pngHBG 420-PM (resized).png

#12009 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Interestingly, the Legislature is out of session. So they've gathered to scream and honk horns at an empty building.

That's almost funny if the gathering like that wasn't so sad.

PS: Screaming is worse for spreading than just talking, so I've read. Better honk them horns .

#12010 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Interestingly, the Legislature is out of session. So they've gathered to scream, honk horns, and endanger themselves and others, in front of an empty building.

nobody home, cross won't burn...

#12011 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

As of 8PM Sunday, unless you have a medical condition or are >2, masks are mandatory til further notice at the open 'essential business' stores.
For both businesses and individuals. And you can be refused entry. If you make it ugly, they can call police and have you removed.
Meantime here are the 'Open Now' protestors at the state Capitol.
(State) Sen. Republican Doug Mastriano asked the crowd, “do you feel your rights are being trampled on?”
The crowd shouted “yes!”
Interestingly, the Legislature is out of session. So they've gathered to scream and honk horns at an empty building.
[quoted image]

If these fakers really wanted to work, there are plenty of jobs out there for them. Amazon, grocery stores, pet stores, warehouses, and more in PA all have immediate openings and fall under essential jobs.

https://www.indeed.com/l-Pennsylvania-jobs.html

#12012 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

nobody home, cross won't burn...

Klookies, lol.

#12013 4 years ago

Some video from the PA rally in Harrisburg earlier today.
Draw your own conclusions.

https://www.facebook.com/Newstalk1037fm/videos/546176959235574/

#12014 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

The crowd shouted “yes!”

"We're gonna rise up against the very people we voted for! All those people from our own neighborhoods and districts! They did this to us!"

Rise up and do what, exactly? Flush our representative democracy down the toilet?

I wonder... back in the day did people suggest WWII was a hoax? Hitler was fake? War bonds were a conspiracy by Henry Ford to... uh... raise money for... uh... building a tunnel to... smuggle hamburgers to Russia?

SNARK ASIDE, our creaky old government system and way we do business is really showing the cracks right now. A lot of people aren't getting the help they need, and they might not have anything to do but yell for "how it used to be" because they were barely making ends meet as it was.

We need to take a good, long look at where the money has gone and hold our entire system accountable. Patch the cracks, upgrade to Democracy 2.0, and reduce the power of the two-party system.

Particularly that last part. A brittle system doesn't flex... and boy does it need to right now.

#12015 4 years ago

Did somebody say FLEX?

92755603-867B-43C0-A5E7-D86E11632A5C (resized).jpeg92755603-867B-43C0-A5E7-D86E11632A5C (resized).jpeg
#12017 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Mask use estimated at 'maybe 50%.'[quoted image][quoted image]

Why? Why are any of them wearing masks? They should really be proving their point by not wearing them at all. Show us libtards there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise they are wasting their breath.

PS: Yes, I used the word libtard to describe myself, because I'm in the center. But apparently I can still be mystified by these idiots, which seems to be the current definition of libtard.

#12018 4 years ago

I'd be completely fine if those dullards were only putting themselves in danger. The problem is that they're going to end up infecting or killing those that are doing their best to avoid this.

#12019 4 years ago

Well I thought for sure there would be tons of fire sales through this pandemic. Doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone is either holding or selling for high prices. I guess covid has zero effect on the pinball market? Carry on Pinheads. And stay well...

#12020 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If these fakers really wanted to work, there are plenty of jobs out there for them. Amazon, grocery stores, pet stores, warehouses, and more in PA all have immediate openings and fall under essential jobs.
https://www.indeed.com/l-Pennsylvania-jobs.html

Not for someone who is self employed and runs their own business.

Did you guys see the price of oil today? Some of you still aren't grasping the levity this has on our overall economy

#12021 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

We here in the UK are getting similar advice. Trouble is, such masks are nigh impossible to source!

#12022 4 years ago

Oil now 6 cents a Barrel in USA.

#12024 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Drag queens and trans people are people.
Their “agenda” is the same as yours... keeping the fridge full of food, lawn mowed, taxes paid, etc, etc.
Kids know what they are. Does every kid who reads a Superman comic jump off a building? It’s OK if they see the world as it is... geez.
Heck, some of them might be trans or drag queens and seeing others can help them figure out why they are different.
Stop trying to erase people or frame their mere existence as an affront to your own.
Some people are different. Deal with it.

Well said. You are what you are, and if you aren't hurting anybody, so what? Lifes too short as it is, just get along with your neIghbour and you'll do ok.

#12025 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

We here in the UK are getting similar advice. Trouble is, such masks are nigh impossible to source!

Slap a bandanna on yer face.
nobody cares if the mask actually works. Like with all things Anglo/American policy-wise, It just has to make people FEEL safer.

#12026 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Slap a bandanna on yer face.
nobody cares if the mask actually works. Like with all things Anglo/American policy-wise, It just has to make people FEEL safer.

Much like that 'ol "Just put duct tape and plastic sheeting on all your windows."
Same idea.

#12027 4 years ago

I got this one....don't know how effective it is ,but looks like facemasks are the new fashion accessory...

face_mask-1587068809-da1233a566810d743f9015ca4ab2a655 (resized).jpgface_mask-1587068809-da1233a566810d743f9015ca4ab2a655 (resized).jpg
#12028 4 years ago

Looks like the bottom just dropped out of the oil market.

WTI (resized).pngWTI (resized).png

#12029 4 years ago

Strange how these "re-open the economy" protests look a lot like tiny, proxy MAGA rallies.

Rally guy: I'm just here to show my support for re-opening our economy! [with my AR-15 and tactical gear]

Prez: We need to open the economy quickly, people die at home too. [tweets "LIBERATE VIRGINIA", they're gonna take your guns!]

#12030 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Oil now 6 cents a Barrel in USA.

That was four minutes ago...……….now it's:

West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery sank to just one cent per barrel, its lowest level on record.

#12031 4 years ago

Oil is now in minus figures . Simply unheard of!

#12032 4 years ago

oilprice.com just crashed. Other price sites also not loading.

#12033 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

oilprice.com just crashed. Other price sites also not loading.

Time to load your AR-15's children...……….

Just kidding

Don't look at that bright flash in the sky though

#12034 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Well I thought for sure there would be tons of fire sales through this pandemic. Doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone is either holding or selling for high prices. I guess covid has zero effect on the pinball market? Carry on Pinheads. And stay well...

The effect right now seems to be what happened during the last recession - no fire sales, people are just hanging on to their stuff or putting on market for ridiculous prices.

#12035 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

"We're gonna rise up against the very people we voted for! All those people from our own neighborhoods and districts! They did this to us!"
Rise up and do what, exactly? Flush our representative democracy down the toilet?
I wonder... back in the day did people suggest WWII was a hoax? Hitler was fake? War bonds were a conspiracy by Henry Ford to... uh... raise money for... uh... building a tunnel to... smuggle hamburgers to Russia?
SNARK ASIDE, our creaky old government system and way we do business is really showing the cracks right now. A lot of people aren't getting the help they need, and they might not have anything to do but yell for "how it used to be" because they were barely making ends meet as it was.
We need to take a good, long look at where the money has gone and hold our entire system accountable. Patch the cracks, upgrade to Democracy 2.0, and reduce the power of the two-party system.
Particularly that last part. A brittle system doesn't flex... and boy does it need to right now.

Couldn't agree more.

American Democracy has been exposed as a lumbering, painfully slow beast that is paralyzed by crisis. I can't believe how ill-suited we are to deal quickly and decisively with an emergency. ANY emergency.

We are in rough shape folks. I don't care which "side" you are on. Anything other than “business as usual”....good luck.

#12036 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The effect right now seems to be what happened during the last recession - no fire sales, people are just hanging on to their stuff or putting on market for ridiculous prices.

Noooo, now I won't get an opportunity to trade ammo, n95 masks, and toilet paper for a monster bash remake.

#12037 4 years ago

Nice job Larry

620FEA48-D3F4-486D-8722-486EE6154402 (resized).jpeg620FEA48-D3F4-486D-8722-486EE6154402 (resized).jpeg
#12038 4 years ago

Everyone’s chains resting lightly today?

#12039 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Everyone’s chains resting lightly today?

#12040 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm back from vacation. Found another great Corona meme while I was gone.[quoted image]

That’s not a meme and she’s a fucking idiot.

#12041 4 years ago

Oil closed at -$37 a barrel. Can the feds continue to bail out the stock market?

The third world is headed to famine I am afraid.

#12042 4 years ago

West Texas is trading for nothing because there's no place to put it. Brent and other crudes are still somewhat normal, as storage overseas isn't in quite as dire a situation.

#12043 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Not for someone who is self employed and runs their own business.
Did you guys see the price of oil today? Some of you still aren't grasping the levity this has on our overall economy

So the economy is more important than lives to you?

#12044 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Oil closed at -$37 a barrel. Can the feds continue to bail out the stock market?
The third world is headed to famine I am afraid.

The Oil Industry put their faith in plastics production to make up for less gasoline being used.
Every time a Municipality tries to ban a plastic like straws or cups these guys show up to protest,
lobby to reverse it and conduct expensive campaigns to keep plastics in use.
I drive gas hogs but have little sympathy for big oil, we need to do away with as many plastics as possible.

#12045 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

West Texas is trading for nothing because there's no place to put it. Brent and other crudes are still somewhat normal, as storage overseas isn't in quite as dire a situation.

Right. Also the June contract is still over $20. That's the real price of oil.

#12046 4 years ago

This topic has been temporarily closed. We will be re-opening it soon with some changes. We want to have the most informative and helpful thread on this difficult subject as possible, but it has been a source of much controversy and a hot spot for moderations, unfortunately. We are working on changes that will improve it for all users, making it less divisive and more fact-based. More information will be provided later.

Please do not open any other Covid threads or turn current threads around to discuss this subject. This thread will be back as soon as possible.

We wish you all well. Please take care of yourselves, your families, and your loved ones.

#12047 4 years ago

Just an update:

Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head. The COVID thread was so active that it was becoming nearly impossible for the mod team to keep up with it. And because of the nature of the thread, people were constantly violating the posting rules. You can't even imagine how many abuse reports and emails we've been getting. It's like ten times what we normally have to deal with.
Robin is currently working on some changes that will make it easier for the mods to police the thread. When he is done coding these changes, the thread will be reopened. In the meantime, I am closing this thread and ask all of you to refrain from opening additional COVID threads. We appreciate your patience, and apologize for any confusion this whole situation has caused.

We realize many of you want to discuss this unprecedented event, and we have been working really hard trying to keep things running as smoothly as possible while also trying to avoid having covid discussions take over other threads on the forums.

Trying to stay on top of 200-300 posts per day every day for the past few weeks has been a massive undertaking, especially with a high percentage of those posts needing to be reviewed or moderated. We have been spending more time on this one thread in a single day than we typically do in an entire week on the forums as a whole. That hasn't been fun, especially since we're all in the same boat as you are dealing with the real world effects of this event.

That said, we anticipate being able to re-open this thread in the next couple days, so please hang in there.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/241?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.