272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 576.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

In what state do they have roadblocks?

No roadblocks (yet) in NC, hyperbole. But the papers will be needed if stopped and questioned why you are out and where you are going.
I would think click it or ticket type stops.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s been addressed recently in this thread. The answer is probably not. Doesn’t mean you should go licking sneeze guards.

My main concern is that we can breathe through our mouths, hence it has access to the lungs.

#1153 4 years ago

Here’s my question. Only 2% of cases in the US have resolved (Recovered or Death). What is the criteria for “Recovered”, and are people still infectious up to the point where they test negative? As an example, if I had this in mid-February and I feel better now, could I still be infectious?

#1154 4 years ago

I'm not hearing or reading much from the "it's just the flu" crowd these days. I hope they're doing OK?

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Doc, can you clear up that question ... Do we need to be concerned about coronavirus in things we ingest? I was under the impression that the virus could be caught via mouth, nose, eyes, etc.

Sure, there's no data to suggest that transmission inside the GI tract occurs, however I would be on the safe side with food you purchase because if there was a high amount of viral particles on the food it could conceivably reach your posterior pharynx (back of your throat) and set up there.

The virus can get into your body either through inhalation or access to mucus membranes. The upper part of the back of your throat (nasopharynx) is a mucus membrane. In fact it's the place we swab to test for coronavirus.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that’s going on here in nyc I can’t imagine how seriously the rest of the country is taking this.

Very seriously. Barely anybody is out in the Philly suburbs where I live (Bucks County). Riding around in an ambulance, and not much activity at all.

Certainly no group gatherings or pick-up shirts vs. skins basketball games going on in my neck of the woods. Thankfully.

“Now you’re in New York...concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do.” I blame Alicia Keyes.

#1157 4 years ago

I think it will be state by state so it won’t appear overreaching however they are using fed guidelines on who is critical.

https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/News/Press-Releases/2020/03-2020/Governor-Lamont-Signs-Executive-Order-Asking-Connecticut-Businesses-and-Residents-Stay-Safe

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah we all know about this miracle cure now. More snake oil designed to distract by people who are desperate to deliver some good news to the American public. There is no magic carpet that’s going to whisk us away from this crisis “soon”. STAY HOME.

Levi, if you can't see that this is super news for your cell culture collection, then my goodness.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Very seriously. Barely anybody is out in the Philly suburbs where I live (Bucks County). Riding around in an ambulance, and not much activity at all.
Certainly no group gatherings or pick-up shirts vs. skins basketball games going on in my neck of the woods. Thankfully.
“Now you’re in New York...concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do.” I blame Alicia Keyes.

Wonderful.

So when this is all over the only people left will be Eagles fans!

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A friend of mine is involved in Olympics prep. Basically they have until May to make their decision, in theory at least. But if sponsors all drop out they won’t have much choice.
I don’t see any way we see any sports until football season.

It isn't going to happen this year. Sad but just reality.

Unfair for Tokyo and Japan. I hope they are allowed to postpone them and do them next summer or fall.

Would be a great healing time and celebration for the world if by that time we have a vaccine and have been able to out all of this behind us.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wonderful.

God I hope not, if that’s the case just give me the virus and be done with it.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got a question doc:
Isn’t it too little, too late, and too half ass to “flatten the curve” to a point where we do better than Italy?
I live in nyc and the past two days I’ve seen sweaty guys with no shirts on playing half court basketball In groups of 10. If that’s going on here in nyc I can’t imagine how seriously the rest of the country is taking this.

They're not taking it seriously around here either. If the bars and restaurants were still open they'd be full. I dont know if its denial or ignorance, but most people dont appear to give a damn.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So Now some states are opening ACA enrollment to help its people.
My Only Point is people who feel this program is Bad, because of Govt cost, Not Policy costs, will always have a point, I agree.
What is important in the debate is to finally see, if you think it Sucks, it is because of your States Policies, NOT the Program.
Rhetoric from the top makes it seem terrible, reality is what Your State did with it.
Example. Oklahoma had at Most 3 viable plans to pick from that all were catastrophic.
Florida has over 60. Last year we even had Kushners Oscar Plan.

Not really sure how this is going to help if insurance companies don't cover 'pandemics'.

PantherCityPins Doctor - I'm reading new things stating that they are finding an early warning might be loss of taste and smell. Any validity to this? Or would this maybe be a coincidental side effect from people taking zinc to try to stave off the sickness?

Also, reading that Hong Kong is starting a 2nd wave...

#1164 4 years ago

Take this or leave it. A friend of the family works in a pediatricians office and has been a health advocate for years. She’s in Spain. A doctor colleague (with contacts in China....I know, I know...) shared some info with her:

Autopsies done in China have confirmed how the virus attaches to the respiratory system and closes them down with thick mucous, blocking airways and lungs. So if you are to apply a medicine, the airways must be unblocked for the medicine to take effect. Positive reactions to medication may take days.

Drink warm drinks to help wash the virus down into your stomach where gastric juices can break it down before it can impact the lungs. Drink warm water every 20 minutes. Gargle with antiseptic - lemon juice or vinegar will work. Avoid drinking cold things. If you feel a sore throat coming on, use the warm fluid techniques. You have 3-4 days to break it down before it gets to the lungs.

Other recommendations: it sticks to clothes. If you’re around people and return home, get your clothes in the wash and get yourself in a bath or shower to soap down. Don’t sit down first. Hanging clothes in direct sunlight can help neutralize the virus, but soap better.

Handrails and door handles (metal) can keep the virus around for days. Wash the. Down.

Animals don’t spread the virus.

Elevate your zinc. Eat fruits and vegetables, not just vitamin C.

Wash hands every 20 minutes....probably not necessary if your already sheltering at home.

Social distance!

I live about 20 miles NW of NYC, and we got a call from the town today saying the virus is spreading rapidly now through the county. First time that specific message has been conveyed. I was going to go out and restock some liquor supplies this afternoon. Mainly mixers, like Compari and Sweet Vermouth, because I do enjoy a nice cocktail (Boulevadiars and Negronis are personal favorites) but now I guess I’ll stay in. Only been out in public three times in last 10 days, shopping for food/liquor. Last time being Friday morning. I wonder if that’s that for awhile.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sure, there's no data to suggest that transmission inside the GI tract occurs, however I would be on the safe side with food you purchase because if there was a high amount of viral particles on the food it could conceivably reach your posterior pharynx (back of your throat) and set up there.
The virus can get into your body either through inhalation or access to mucus membranes. The upper part of the back of your throat (nasopharynx) is a mucus membrane. In fact it's the place we swab to test for coronavirus.

Not to be an insensitive prick ... you said it can bind to mucus membranes.

So what you're saying is technically I can get Covid19 via a blowjob if said participant had the virus?

Follow up. If this is the case I suggest the media label it a STI to further keep people indoors.

EDIT: downvote all you want just tell me I am wrong.

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I'm not hearing or reading much from the "it's just the flu" crowd these days. I hope they're doing OK?

They’ve moved on to “that chorine stuff that health organizations are saying don’t use and is killing people will cure this in 2 days” and “what about mayor deblasio?!” With a little bit of “Chinese virus!” Thrown in.

It’s pretty weak material but I guess anything is better than simply not typing anything?

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Take this or leave it. A friend of the family works in a pediatricians office and has been a health advocate for years. She’s in Spain. A doctor colleague (with contacts in China....I know, I know...) shared some info with her:
Autopsies done in China have confirmed how the virus attaches to the respiratory system and closes them down with thick mucous, blocking airways and lungs. So if you are to apply a medicine, the airways must be unblocked for the medicine to take effect. Positive reactions to medication may take days.
Drink warm drinks to help wash the virus down into your stomach where gastric juices can break it down before it can impact the lungs. Drink warm water every 20 minutes. Gargle with antiseptic - lemon juice or vinegar will work. Avoid drinking cold things. If you feel a sore throat coming on, use the warm fluid techniques. You have 3-4 days to break it down before it gets to the lungs.
Other recommendations: it sticks to clothes. If you’re around people and return home, get your clothes in the wash and get yourself in a bath or shower to soap down. Don’t sit down first. Hanging clothes in direct sunlight can help neutralize the virus, but soap better.
Handrails and door handles (metal) can keep the virus around for days. Wash the. Down.
Animals don’t spread the virus.
Elevate your zinc. Eat fruits and vegetables, not just vitamin C.
Wash hands every 20 minutes....probably not necessary if your already sheltering at home.
Social distance!
I live about 20 miles NW of NYC, and we got a call from the town today saying the virus is spreading rapidly now through the county. First time that specific message has been conveyed. I was going to go out and restock some liquor supplies this afternoon. Mainly mixers, like Compari and Sweet Vermouth, because I do enjoy a nice cocktail (Boulevadiars and Negronis are personal favorites) but now I guess I’ll stay in. Only been out in public three times in last 10 days, shopping for food/liquor. Last time being Friday morning. I wonder if that’s that for awhile.

Damn it’s gonna be like Silkwood with a bar over at your place!

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wonderful.

Well, when this is who you’ve had leading...

C8F46E1A-3945-4B37-9726-0CA25911A201 (resized).jpegC8F46E1A-3945-4B37-9726-0CA25911A201 (resized).jpeg
#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn it’s gonna be like Silkwood with a bar over at your place!

I told my wife I have an idea for the warm liquid approach. Her response was along these lines:

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So what you're saying is technically I can get Covid19 via a xxxxjob if said participant had the virus?

What kind of donut did you get?

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

What kind of donut did you get?

Minis

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

pinball_gizzard Doctor - I'm reading new things stating that they are finding an early warning might be loss of taste and smell. Any validity to this? Or would this maybe be a coincidental side effect from people taking zinc to try to stave off the sickness?

There does seem to be evidence to support loss of taste and smell as an early symptom.

#1173 4 years ago

There does seem to be evidence to support loss of taste and smell as an early symptom.

Oh sure. Gloss over the important questions... (/s)

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Not to be an insensitive prick ... you said it can bind to mucus membranes.
So what you're saying is technically I can get Covid19 via a ****** if said participant had the virus?

If you've got an insensitive prick why would you be getting that??

Hey-O!!!! Rimshot!

#1175 4 years ago

Hey-O!!!! Rimshot!

Don’t quit the day job doc!!

#1176 4 years ago

Hey-O!!!! Rimshot!

Hahaha.

Doc brings the heat.

But uh yea. Can it be passed like this. Insensitive prick or not

#1177 4 years ago

Probably uh..got to do some intense research on that.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Hahaha.
Doc brings the heat.
But uh yea. Can it be passed like this. Insensitive prick or not

No evidence of this and I'm not sure a woman with symptoms would be up for it....

Besides if you are in close proximity to another person with COVID-19 you'll have multiple other opportunities for transmission.

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah we all know about this miracle cure now. More snake oil designed to distract by people who are desperate to deliver some good news to the American public. There is no magic carpet that’s going to whisk us away from this crisis “soon”. STAY HOME.

Did you read the published study from 2005 at all? This is not some “miracle” cure. It’s been know to be effective for 15 years.

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Did you read the published study from 2005 at all? This is not some “miracle” cure. It’s been know to be effective for 15 years.

I don’t know what to tell you dude.

89C17754-7896-4970-BD1D-CC81D30407D3 (resized).jpeg89C17754-7896-4970-BD1D-CC81D30407D3 (resized).jpeg65392AC6-5FE0-4648-841B-3AE6895F19BC (resized).jpeg65392AC6-5FE0-4648-841B-3AE6895F19BC (resized).jpeg
#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It isn't going to happen this year. Sad but just reality.
Unfair for Tokyo and Japan. I hope they are allowed to postpone them and do them next summer or fall.
Would be a great healing time and celebration for the world if by that time we have a vaccine and have been able to out all of this behind us.

USA swimming has already submitted for a one year postponement.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

The same WHO who said it was not a pandemic? The same WHO that said there were no cases of human to human transmission?

#1183 4 years ago

No evidence of this and I'm not sure a woman with symptoms would be up for it....

I dont think it has anything to do with symptoms or not but I appreciate your subtle vote of confidence.

"Doc told me it was because she is probably sick."

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

Eh, wouldn’t rely on WHO, they wouldn’t recognize a pandemic until someone hit them upside the head with one!

kinda.

#1185 4 years ago

Guitars are essential I guess...they’re in Tennessee?

@gibsonguitar
say they will keep their factory open until someone at the 300-person facility tests positive for COVID-19.

A food truck that typically services the factory has stopped showing up out of fear an outbreak there.

#1186 4 years ago

The same WHO who said it was not a pandemic?

Here we go again (facepalm)

#1187 4 years ago

I wouldn't blame the WHO on being slow. Look at how many people were using (and some still using) the 'cry wolf' excuse to downplay this...

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The first quote itself is patently false. The study I provided a link to specifically investigates its use to treat the coronavirus if you bothered to read it.

#1189 4 years ago

The same WHO who said it was not a pandemic? The same WHO that said there were no cases of human to human transmission?

Tin foil hats also don’t cure the virus.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t quit the day job doc!!

Tough crowd!

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

downplay this...

Just the flu you idiots! Warm weather in April = gone, it will wash away, like a miracle it’ll be gone

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tin foil hats also don’t cure the virus.

It will protect your head from those acorns falling though!

#1193 4 years ago

Please read again to the End.
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/9/21163412/who-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-world-health-organization

#1194 4 years ago

VOX is a tabloid, not a scientific journal

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Guitars are essential I guess...they’re in Tennessee?
@gibsonguitar
say they will keep their factory open until someone at the 300-person facility tests positive for COVID-19.
A food truck that typically services the factory has stopped showing up out of fear an outbreak there.

My son as a Doctor at Vanderbilt in Nashville, is absolutely shocked at the behavior of the people, and the local information.....It is still sharing the "no big deal" view.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

@gibsonguitar say they will keep their factory open until someone at the 300-person facility tests positive for COVID-19.

4 cases at my wife's research center (out of ≈ 200). All four working part-time in Hospitals. Tells figures about how well protected they were in the hospital environment... Love your Doc, stay at home if you can.

The research center is now officially closed, besides a very small skeleton crew checking essential stuff such as -80°C freezers, liquid nitrogen holders, etc... - my wife is on the list. Losing some ressources would mean losing years of work. She can bike to the lab (5 miles) and the center now looks like a ghost town.

#1197 4 years ago

The first quote itself is patently false. The study I provided a link to specifically investigates its use to treat the coronavirus if you bothered to read it.

It did not. It was a study that showed it killed the virus in a cell culture. That is not the same thing at all.

#1198 4 years ago

Interesting website to mess around with:

https://covidactnow.org/

“Hammer and the Dance” dude is one of the contributors FYI

#1199 4 years ago

VOX is a tabloid, not a scientific journal

I didn’t see any bias or misinformation; it’s a good article. If we’re only allowed to share scientific journal articles, I’m outa here.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Average age of deaths in Italy is 80
Source: CNN this morning

In other words...

I'm under 80, I'm going to be just fine.

Who want's to join me down at the beach for a campfire?!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.