272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 576.
#11651 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

If you all want a serious read about where this virus is likely to take us ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/health/coronavirus-america-future.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
It is a summary of over 20 experts and the findings are quite illuminating. .

Interesting indeed - thanks for sharing, even if depressing.

Quoted from statsdoc:

I believe it should be available as the NY Times has made their coronavirus material available to all.

It is - you need to (free) register to access it though.

#11652 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

If you all want a serious read about where this virus is likely to take us ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/health/coronavirus-america-future.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
It is a summary of over 20 experts and the findings are quite illuminating. I believe it should be available as the NY Times has made their coronavirus material available to all.

This was a good read. Lengthy, but good.

Cliff Notes version: it’s a fucking mess all the way around

#11653 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It's pretty strange that the one country that is going to reap billions from every other country is the one country it came from.
Let that sink in?????

Who cares if the US gives China their money for the PPE? It's a pretty small amount when compared with the $250 Billion commitment to US agriculture. And besides, with the firehose spraying out made-up money, Why not? No one is ever going to pay it back.. we are all going to pay for it with money created by keystroke and through price rediscovery. Coming phases of stimulus will go to $10 Trillion! Why not?

#11654 4 years ago

"Officials Dumbfounded as Florida Beaches Reopen, 3 Days After Death Spike".
I mean WTF? There will be entire communities obliterated by this thing. People have no discipline or perseverance anymore. All you have to do is keep your sh*t together for a little while and this happens after a month and a half?

04b7444b97ee8e3f25ddd4c2dd76b7c4 (resized).jpg04b7444b97ee8e3f25ddd4c2dd76b7c4 (resized).jpg

#11655 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I mean WTF? There will be entire communities obliterated by this thing. People have no discipline or perseverance anymore. All you have to do is keep your sh*t together - K.I.T. - Keep it Together.
[quoted image]

Looks like they are 6 feet apart to me.

#11656 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Looks like they are 6 feet apart to me.

Good point. I bet half those people never walked that beach in their life time.

#11657 4 years ago

Yup, it’s an interesting game. Just finished an initial light cleaning, and PF looks real nice. Need to order a rubber kit.

F9DBF2FE-B0E9-465E-80D8-1DD33453892A (resized).jpegF9DBF2FE-B0E9-465E-80D8-1DD33453892A (resized).jpeg
#11658 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elton’s no spring chicken not a big deal. He coulda made armpit noises for 3 minutes it would be fine.
If we
Are keeping score I think he sounded a lot better than Paul McCartney.
Mick of course distant first in the oldies division.

Yeah Jagger came across as all world.. especially against the rest of the lineup. Vedder sounded great, but on a funky composition.

#11659 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yup, it’s an interesting game. Just finished an initial light cleaning, and PF looks real nice. Need to order a rubber kit.[quoted image]

Looks awesome! Not even kidding. Looks damn clean.

#11660 4 years ago

I'm just asking you? How do you shut down a state. Seems like some bull butter to me, don't give me that saving lives when your out in bfe? You have to have some common sense.

#11661 4 years ago

Its the type of news we see and hear nearly every day here, comparing death per country is a bit misleading and this is far from over.
Hopefully other countries learns from the mistakes made here to protect the elder and if Johan is right no one will remember or like to discuss this a year from now.

#11662 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yup, it’s an interesting game. Just finished an initial light cleaning, and PF looks real nice. Need to order a rubber kit.[quoted image]

Colson, You will not have that one long - plays slow and becomes a real waste of time quickly. I have owned 3 of them that were all super nice. Reason they always are nice is no one ever played one a second time when they were in arcades. Contact is actually a wide body Space Mission but Space Mission plays a heck of a lot better. Went we got our first one I couldn't wait to play it - after 10 minutes I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

#11663 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Any news on Prince Charles? He got it and disappeared.

He recovered and is fine back home now .

#11664 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Who cares if the US gives China their money for the PPE? It's a pretty small amount when compared with the $250 Billion commitment to US agriculture. And besides, with the firehose spraying out made-up money, Why not? No one is ever going to pay it back.. we are all going to pay for it with money created by keystroke and through price rediscovery. Coming phases of stimulus will go to $10 Trillion! Why not?

Yes but what if the US gave China the $$$ to the lab that actually created the virus if it holds up to be true?? check out this link and see what has been dug up? You do have to take all sources with a grain of salt as to perspective but some of this does sound believable

#11665 4 years ago

Having a good run of movies on TV lately

IMG20200419211122 (resized).jpgIMG20200419211122 (resized).jpg
#11666 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Here's a fun thread for anybody interested in all the protests going on in the past couple of days.
https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/i_simply_cannot_believe_that_people_are/fnstpyl/
Turns out the protesters might be pawns for a larger political scheme.

Very interesting read. Take a group of easily manipulated people. Add what looks like a grassroots movement but is really a targeted campaign by billionaires/foreign countries. Sprinkle in a couple of ill advised tweets from the top and a national press that cant help but blow up every story and suddenly you get an "astroturf" revolution to reopen the country.

#11667 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Colson, You will not have that one long - plays slow and becomes a real waste of time quickly. I have owned 3 of them that were all super nice. Reason they always are nice is no one ever played one a second time when they were in arcades. Contact is actually a wide body Space Mission but Space Mission plays a heck of a lot better. Went we got our first one I couldn't wait to play it - after 10 minutes I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

The look makes it a keeper.

#11668 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Very interesting read. Take a group of easily manipulated people. Add what looks like a grassroots movement but is really a targeted campaign by billionaires/foreign countries. Sprinkle in a couple of ill advised tweets from the top and a national press that cant help but blow up every story and suddenly you get an "astroturf" revolution to reopen the country.

Countries like Russia try to destabalise foreign countries (EU, USA) by helping political parties and leaders who they think will weaken the EU or the USA. We've had (and probably still have) Russia trying to influence elections, like in The Netherlands the referendum for or against cooperation with Ukraine, and helping the anti-EU parties to weaken us. I think it's scary, because it works quite well.

#11669 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah Jagger came across as all world.. especially against the rest of the lineup. Vedder sounded great, but on a funky composition.

Ah, that old Elton John classic "I till ta da"

#11670 4 years ago

Way to piss on my parade Skip. I’ve seen a few of them that were beat to hell, so some people played them.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I’m actually enjoying the game. It plays way differently, and not many Williams games with 4 flippers. Plus I find it interesting that the flipper buttons have double leaf switches, whereby you only activate the main flippers if you push the buttons in halfway, and have to push them in all the way to activate all 4. That adds an interesting element.

Plus, my 7 year-old daughter is really loving it. So that’s good enough for me.
B9145BB2-B82F-412A-878B-5027FB12A7D7 (resized).jpegB9145BB2-B82F-412A-878B-5027FB12A7D7 (resized).jpeg157FD683-EFA3-4D58-B280-448492B30B10 (resized).jpeg157FD683-EFA3-4D58-B280-448492B30B10 (resized).jpeg

#11671 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes but what if the US gave China the $$$ to the lab that actually created the virus if it holds up to be true?? check out this link and see what has been dug up? You do have to take all sources with a grain of salt as to perspective but some of this does sound believable

Scary if true!!

#11672 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Way to piss on my parade Skip. I’ve seen a few of them that were beat to hell, so some people played them.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I’m actually enjoying the game. It plays way differently, and not many Williams games with 4 flippers. Plus I find it interesting that the flipper buttons have double leaf switches, whereby you only activate the main flippers if you push the buttons in halfway, and have to push them in all the way to activate all 4. That adds an interesting element.
Plus, My 7 year-old daughter is really loving it. So that’s good enough for me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry buddy! I didn't know you had it up and running already and figured I would warn you that it played really slow. My standing joke about those Williams Super Wide Body machines is hit the ball off the flipper then go get a cup of coffee or a beer while you are waiting for the ball to make it back down to the flipper. When we got our first one I couldn't wait to get Wayne to get the boards fixed in it so I could play it. After I played it at one of the pinball shows I told Wayne "no rush to finish the boards"

In any event glad you like it. Stay Safe!

-Skip-

PS - I agree double flippers can be fun & also challenging but no ball speed just kills those ultra wide bodies for me.

#11673 4 years ago
29470524-B65A-4DA1-8FF3-62A916317B3B (resized).jpeg29470524-B65A-4DA1-8FF3-62A916317B3B (resized).jpeg
#11675 4 years ago

Sorry buddy! I didn't know you had it up and running already and figured I would warn you that it played really slow. My standing joke about those Williams Super Wide Body machines is hit the ball off the flipper then go get a cup of coffee or a beer while you are waiting for the ball to make it back down to the flipper. When we got our first one I couldn't wait to get Wayne to get the boards fixed in it so I could play it. After I played it at one of the pinball shows I told Wayne "no rush to finish the boards"
In any event glad you like it. Stay Safe!
-Skip-
PS - I agree double flippers can be fun & also challenging but no ball speed just kills those ultra wide bodies for me.

Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Keep the pitch at 5.5 and it plays a lot better. These super wide bodies are not the greatest games but doesn’t mean one can’t enjoy playing them.

#11676 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This is a williams wide-body and I always enjoyed playing it at Cactus Jacks in OKC.

56AF7AEA-4BB3-45B2-8904-1801A70779BF (resized).jpeg56AF7AEA-4BB3-45B2-8904-1801A70779BF (resized).jpeg
#11677 4 years ago

My standing joke about those Williams Super Wide Body machines is hit the ball off the flipper then go get a cup of coffee or a beer while you are waiting for the ball to make it back down to the flipper.

No sweat. Just don’t post in my for sale thread if I create one eventually.

I have this one set up to play fast. 3 inch casters on the back, 2 inch on the front. Set to 7°. Ball moves. I actually find most wide bodies (Bally, Williams, Atari, Sys 80) don’t play well simply because people don’t have them set up right.

#11678 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

All you have to do is read the sign in that picture to see just how far these right wing wack jobs are going with their conspiracy theories and idiocy.

I read the sign and can only conclude that is a religious fringe group from Texas. I see a single red hat in the crowd and it's a Texas hat, not MAGA. In the remainder of the picture I see zero direct evidence of any party affiliation.
You do realize that people on the left attend church, right?

#11679 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I read the sign and can only conclude that is a religious fringe group from Texas. I see a single red hat in the crowd and it's a Texas hat, not MAGA. In the remainder of the picture I see zero direct evidence of any party affiliation.
You do realize that Loony Lefties attend church, right?

Really? You can look for the one name that is NOT on there to know where this group stands.

Also, first thing I noticed was they misspelled 'Mnuchin'

#11680 4 years ago

You know your bored when you're trying to get high scores on pinball arcade at 7am. I miss sports so much

20200419_080618.jpg20200419_080618.jpg
#11681 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I mean WTF? There will be entire communities obliterated by this thing. People have no discipline or perseverance anymore. All you have to do is keep your sh*t together for a little while and this happens after a month and a half?
[quoted image]

IMG_20200419_100544 (resized).jpgIMG_20200419_100544 (resized).jpgIMG_20200419_100545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200419_100545 (resized).jpg
#11682 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

You do have to take all sources with a grain of salt as to perspective but some of this does sound believable

Please re-read this sentence and ask yourself if this sounds like rational inquiry or conspiracy theory

#11683 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You do realize that Loony Lefties attend church, right?

Come on, man. Lefties believe in science. And this is Texas.. I’d be willing to bet my life that the majority, if not all, are rwnj’s.

#11684 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

News came out yesterday that Canadian govt. gave that same lab $830k after the pandemic started. Not sure what the thinking is there.

#11685 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Please re-read this sentence and ask yourself if this sounds like rational inquiry or conspiracy theory

The proof will be found out at some point and just like anything usually lies in the middle not left or right. There are the conspiracy theorists for sure who are on the right. There are also the ones on the left that have their heads up their asses and can't accept any semblance of responsibility or culpability that the CCP needs to address.

#11686 4 years ago

Curious. I’ve read a superfluous amount of information since this stuff started, as most have.

Does anybody believe that it’s realistic that we start to reopen consistent with the 3-phase plan, and that it would be safe for the most part as long as people continue to practice social distancing, the constant wipe down of commonly touched areas, wearing masks, etc.?

To me it sounds good in theory, but it definitely seems like there would be a significant risk for another spike in infections.

#11687 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Come on, man. Lefties believe in science. And this is Texas.. I’d be willing to bet my life that the majority, if not all, are rwnj’s.

Nice stereotyping.

"A stereotype is a mistaken idea or belief many people have about a thing or group that is based upon how they look on the outside, which may be untrue or only partly true.[2] Stereotyping people is a type of prejudice because what is on the outside is a small part of who a person is. Like other untrue opinions, stereotypes might be used as reasons to discriminate against another person, or sometimes for a humorous effect in fiction".

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype

#11688 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

News came out yesterday that Canadian govt. gave that same lab $830k after the pandemic started. Not sure what the thinking is there.

Indeed and these are all questions that need to be answered by all of our leaders. If the explanation is plausible ok great, but if it's just another snow job then it needs to be addressed.

#11689 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice stereotyping.
"A stereotype is a mistaken idea or belief many people have about a thing or group that is based upon how they look on the outside, which may be untrue or only partly true.[2] Stereotyping people is a type of prejudice because what is on the outside is a small part of who a person is. Like other untrue opinions, stereotypes might be used as reasons to discriminate against another person, or sometimes for a humorous effect in fiction".

It was tongue in cheek, but you’re welcome to believe what you want.

#11690 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

It was tongue in cheek, but you’re welcome to believe what you want.

The sensitivity levels these days are thru the roof

I regularly work in Texas and beyond the gun toting culture that those of us up north find odd to get used to, the people are all super friendly and helpful. Kind of reminds me of the Newfies here in Canada (less the guns)

#11691 4 years ago

Ready to continue the fight again this week.

COVID Server Battle (resized).jpgCOVID Server Battle (resized).jpg
#11693 4 years ago

Wife and I have chosen Tonight’s Movie the last picture Show. The dusty wind swept streets in a small Texas town. I recall a pinball machine the last time I watched this movie..can’t remember if it was in a barber shop?

#11694 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Curious. I’ve read a superfluous amount of information since this stuff started, as most have.
Does anybody believe that it’s realistic that we start to reopen consistent with the 3-phase plan, and that it would be safe for the most part as long as people continue to practice social distancing, the constant wipe down of commonly touched areas, wearing masks, etc.?
To me it sounds good in theory, but it definitely seems like there would be a significant risk for another spike in infections.

I think no matter what steps we take when things reopen, there will definitely be a spike in infections. I think the big debate is how to open things in such a way that we stay below max medical system capacity. It's all speculation, like predicting the future, as there are a ridiculous number of variables.

#11695 4 years ago

This is not a political sentiment but rather a realistic view of the virus situation. The shutdown should end when the president starts traveling to visit foreign leaders and staying at his resorts, the congress is back to full time at the capitol, and citizens can tour the white house. That is the barometer I will use for my safety.

#11696 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Does that apply to fat old white guys that are on Pinside, too? Or only “officially sanctioned” special interest groups?

#11697 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

as there are a ridiculous number of variables.

Yup, and sadly one of the most concerning variables are those who don’t practice safe measures, or act idiotic. Unfortunately that puts everybody else at risk, even if they are complying.

#11698 4 years ago

(edited)

#11699 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yup, and sadly one of the most concerning variables are those who don’t practice safe measures, or act idiotic. Unfortunately that puts everybody else at risk, even if they are complying.

Definitely, that has to be park of the risk assessment.

Just look at the sampling from this thread. Over 400 individuals posting in this thread and there are definitely those in here that will never wear a mask or get the vaccine when it comes out.

#11700 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yes there may be some spikes but there are a lot of states and counties with low rates of infection. Those are the ones that should open 1st.
Even in our state of Pa. there are counties with low cases and zero deaths. People cannot be without income forever!!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.