272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 576.
#11601 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Okay……….two topics I want to cover here...…….
Forget Disneyland. Way over rated.
Next time I'm in California...……..Fantasy Burger for sure.
And.….
A pet peeve I have......…I hate it when people abbreviate California with Cali
Get a bigger sign chick.[quoted image]

TFW they only have 30 flavors in stock

IMG_20200418_192412 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_192412 (resized).jpg
#11602 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Another weird picture out of California...……
1) There are essential things I'd like to discuss with the girl in the center of this pic.
2) If Covid-19 is a lie...……………... WTF is that get-up you got going on dude holding sign?[quoted image]

die (resized).jpgdie (resized).jpg
#11603 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I'm sorry. What is the 4th dimension?
Smell? Taste? Or does it move ?

Time.

You make a map of the city for the base layer. The second layer has cutouts for all of the skyscrapers. Then the time element is a poster timeline you get that shows the order that the buildings get added. So you can see the skyline at various time in the past.

The one for NYC has pre/post 9/11. They include skyscrapers up to ~2025.

#11604 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I'm sorry. What is the 4th dimension?
Smell? Taste? Or does it move ?

I always liked how they advertised those enclosed on-the-rails shooters as 5D, where one dimension was a fan blowing and another dimension was like the gun vibrating or some shit

#11605 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You forgot Wickerman2 is perma banned also.
So new list is
rwh
wolfemaaan
motorcitymatt
zr11990
iceman44
vicjw66
zablon
ds_nadine
thefamilyarcade
dblm
Wickerman2
wolfemaaan was booted off the site entirely
iceman44 holds the record for fastest eject in under 48 hours
DBLM actually requested to be booted.

Some of those guys I recognize as having permanent bans on other threads too. I sure do wish Pinside would do one of their reapings...it's been a long time.

#11606 4 years ago

Whenever I see guns and flags and camo and old white people people yelling, I just shut down. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but IDGAF. I’ll miss this thread.

#11607 4 years ago

I'm still seeing TP commercials.  I would suspend all ads for 6 months.  No one is choosing between brands right now.

#11608 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Whenever I see guns and flags and camo and old white people people yelling, I just shut down. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but IDGAF. I’ll miss this thread.

Don't ever go to Perry county Pa then. LOL That's their typical back yard BBQ.

#11609 4 years ago

Texas protesters chant "Fire Fauci". I haven't been following the news but isn't he like an adviser to the president?
https://twitter.com/mannyNYT/status/1251564861257113602?s=19
Is this the first time there has been a protest against a specific staff member of the whitehouse? (That wasn't like a major position, like Attorney General?)

And they had this...
IMG_20200418_200200 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_200200 (resized).jpg

#11610 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My brother runs a small printing company in Texas, and man is he pissed off. He applied for PPP and they ran out of money. His words:

“A business that is taking money in PPP loans that had not been negatively affected by covid is lying and stealing all of our collective money, they should go to jail. I would hope that no one is recommending that this is "free money" for any business and I hope that anyone that applied for and received those funds read all of the stuff they signed, it is definitely not just "free money" for anyone to take.”

He also points out that the bigger “small” businesses with existing relationships with banks did a big money grab, leaving the real small businesses in the lurch.

He’s on the right side of the political spectrum and we get along great. My thinking is that the executive branch did a terrible job managing this money; he’s mad that Pelosi wants more $ for food stamp recipients as part of agreeing to more for small businesses. But we agree that this small business bailout was horribly mismanaged, and we want some accountability for all this $$$ that appeared out of thin air.

I'm sure there is mismanagement, but I don't know if that is the only cause why it has been sucked dry. There are so many businesses that have been shuttled that 250 Billion is not enough. It should be a bipartisan issue and hopefully they will put more money into it with better oversight.

#11611 4 years ago

If you all want a serious read about where this virus is likely to take us ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/health/coronavirus-america-future.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

It is a summary of over 20 experts and the findings are quite illuminating. I believe it should be available as the NY Times has made their coronavirus material available to all.

#11612 4 years ago

My wife and I are going to escape the virus tonight and watch American Graffiti. Haven’t seen it in years. Wish it was 1955 , At the drive in with my lady looking up at the stars, surrounded by cornfields and dirt roads. The neon diner sign Aglow like a firefly in the distance.

#11613 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Texas protesters chant "Fire Fauci". I haven't been following the news but isn't he like an adviser to the president?
Is this the first time there has been a protest against a specific staff member of the whitehouse? (That wasn't like a major position, like Attorney General?)
And they had this...
[quoted image]

That's a troubling picture in soooo many ways.

But don't forget to get your cellphones out people! To document this time when we were out doing this dumb thing that nobody will ever look back on and say WOW look at those patriots!

#11614 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife and I are going to escape the virus tonight and watch American Graffiti. Haven’t seen it in years. Wish it was 1955 , At the drive in with my lady looking up at the stars, surrounded by cornfields and dirt roads. The neon diner sign Aglow like a firefly in the distance.

That's a normal response.

Good deal.

right on

#11615 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

And they had this...
[quoted image]

All you have to do is read the sign in that picture to see just how far these right wing wack jobs are going with their conspiracy theories and idiocy.

#11616 4 years ago

Anybody watching Covid Aid?

Elton had a sick pro multi cam rig recording his performance!

Showing up everybody in their kitchen recording In portrait mode.

Entertaining so far. Wondering what the Stones are gonna do! Miss You probably.

#11617 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will it be up on YouTube when all done? If so please link. Too busy today to tune in but I'd like to jump to some performances with my family tomorrow

#11618 4 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Rad hot rod artist COOP is selling face masks with his art.
https://artofcoop.threadless.com/accessories/face-mask
Here's one of his tamer offerings:

Thanks for posting that. Saw he was donating all net proceeds to a good cause, so I placed an order.

F63593FC-E107-4DC1-8575-A94718A7A9BC (resized).pngF63593FC-E107-4DC1-8575-A94718A7A9BC (resized).png
#11619 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Will it be up on YouTube when all done? If so please link. Too busy today to tune in but I'd like to jump to some performances with my family tomorrow

#11620 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woah, did B Gates just say we just have to keep this up until late NEXT year?

When do Pinburgh 2022 tickets go on sale?

#11621 4 years ago

Stones crushed it, only band performance so far. Can’t always get what you want.

#11622 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Woah, did B Gates just say we just have to keep this up until late NEXT year?
When do Pinburgh 2022 tickets go on sale?

Yeah bill just said with some
Luck we get a vaccine “late next year.”

I can do it. I’m eating better, sleeping better, and playing more guitar than ever.

It’s not the WORST news ever. I mean...late next year we are back to normal? Well that’s better than 3 years. Or never.

#11623 4 years ago

My experience regarding the PPP plan:

We are a small structural engineering firm with 12 employees. We stopped performing inspections in mid March when the CDC and White House announced what was then “the 15 day plan”, but before shutdowns became mandatory.

In late March, emergency orders in our state, county and city were issued to close non-essential businesses.

By the order, engineers are “essential”, but even so, we did not want to put our employees, families, contractors or people we’d meet at potential risk by performing what we felt were non-essential services.

Further, as an owner and licensed P.E., I felt “essential” in the structural realm would be anything that would involve a safety issue or could create one if a critical inspection was delayed. There were no immediate building safety concerns that needed addressing, so we stopped doing inspections and evaluations. (For example among other things, we were still looking at things classified as Hurricane Irma damages; sorry it’s been 2-1/2 years, it can wait)

On top of that, of course we would be forced to drive the state and find gas stations, food, restrooms to use, etc: the structures don’t come to us and we can’t video conference an inspection. Every site inspection can involve a lot of interaction variables.

(Way easier to stay the @#$& home)

Obviously not doing inspections has greatly affected revenue. We have some reserves but it’s not infinite and certainly can’t keep paying people when no revenue is being generated. We decided to pay our staff in full through April and then have developed a graduated salary reduction plan through June assuming the status quo remains in effect. Our employees understand.

We applied for the PPP (which only will cover 8 weeks and we already at 4 weeks since stopping operations) and we were informed almost as soon as we submitted the paperwork that the funds were gone, but we would remain in the queue in case things changed. We were told we could apply at a different bank, but basically banks are giving PPP to clients they have a relationship with. We only have one bank and have been at the same place for 20 years; it didn’t matter.

Anyway, the instant PPP shutout reminded me of what some people have described about trying to get Pinburgh tickets. We are on a waitlist.

Not complaining, just reporting what’s happening.

Stay safe and healthy and play em if you got em

#11624 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Anyway, the instant PPP shutout reminded me of what some people have described about trying to get Pinburgh tickets. We are on a waitlist.

Great analogy. Gone in 60 seconds.

#11625 4 years ago

Never forget. It's amazing how fast 'bootstraps' left some peoples lexicon when they were the ones applying for federal welfare.

#11626 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It's pretty strange that the one country that is going to reap billions from every other country is the one country it came from.
Let that sink in?????

Exactly....right at the same time Russia and the Saudis tanked the oil market, effectively pushing the USA off the global oil market. Sure does make one wonder....

#11627 4 years ago

There’s something on ABC right with a “Global Citizen” watermark, it’s pretty good. Billie Eilish just finished.

#11628 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Never forget. It's amazing how fast 'bootstraps' left some peoples lexicon when they were the ones applying for federal welfare.

I don’t know about that. If the government tells you you can’t work, it’s not exactly welfare. It’s fairness.

#11629 4 years ago
#11630 4 years ago

Any news on Prince Charles? He got it and disappeared.

#11631 4 years ago

Don't fall for it. It says no evidence that packages are contaminated from what they tested but that doesn't mean it's not posable.
This is another masks don't help. Oh wait now everyone needs to wear a mask thing.
I will say it's highly unlikely (IF) everyone is wearing masks in the packing plant, distributor, grocery store receiving/stocking and all customers. It is a fact that the virus can live on surfaces and just takes one person to cough or sneeze by the package to contaminate it. If you think everyone is wearing masks behind closed doors you are wrong.
My tip is to never buy the item in front/on-top. Always pick from one or two behind. I just got done wiping stuff down putting it away a minute ago and I work at the grocery store.

#11632 4 years ago

I think under lab conditions they were saying a possible 72 hours for cardboard. We spray down stuff we need to bring in immediately, and leave the rest of the stuff in the garage for a few days. Maybe it's a little overly cautious, but I think that's the way we should all be leaning.

#11633 4 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Forget Disneyland. Way over rated.
Next time I'm in California...……..Fantasy Burger for sure.

3x7zn0 (resized).jpg3x7zn0 (resized).jpg
#11634 4 years ago

Here's a fun thread for anybody interested in all the protests going on in the past couple of days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/i_simply_cannot_believe_that_people_are/fnstpyl/

Turns out the protesters might be pawns for a larger political scheme.

#11635 4 years ago

#11636 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My brother runs a small printing company in Texas, and man is he pissed off. He applied for PPP and they ran out of money. His words:
“A business that is taking money in PPP loans that had not been negatively affected by covid is lying and stealing all of our collective money, they should go to jail. I would hope that no one is recommending that this is "free money" for any business and I hope that anyone that applied for and received those funds read all of the stuff they signed, it is definitely not just "free money" for anyone to take.”
He also points out that the bigger “small” businesses with existing relationships with banks did a big money grab, leaving the real small businesses in the lurch.
He’s on the right side of the political spectrum and we get along great. My thinking is that the executive branch did a terrible job managing this money; he’s mad that Pelosi wants more $ for food stamp recipients as part of agreeing to more for small businesses. But we agree that this small business bailout was horribly mismanaged, and we want some accountability for all this $$$ that appeared out of thin air.

Well don't worry, at least the millionaires were taken care of:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/14/coronavirus-law-congress-tax-change/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/tax-change-coronavirus-stimulus-act-millionaires-billionaires

Not that anyone will complain of course because people will defend their respective parties to the death, even while their pockets are picked clean.

#11637 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Don't fall for it. It says no evidence that packages are contaminated from what they tested but that doesn't mean it's not posable.
This is another masks don't help. Oh wait now everyone needs to wear a mask thing.
I will say it's highly unlikely (IF) everyone is wearing masks in the packing plant, distributor, grocery store receiving/stocking and all customers. It is a fact that the virus can live on surfaces and just takes one person to cough or sneeze by the package to contaminate it. If you think everyone is wearing masks behind closed doors you are wrong.
My tip is to never buy the item in front/on-top. Always pick from one or two behind. I just got done wiping stuff down putting it away a minute ago and I work at the grocery store.

It may have to do with viral load. Everyone is talking about how long it lasts on surfaces.For example (Paper 5 days) but not how much is left. A majority of it could go away rather quickly but a few particles could remain which might not be enough to transmit the disease. Day 1-2 could have a lot and day 3-5 have next to nothing but still be present.I read an article somewhere with actual numbers on this. I wish I could find it. I’m still a really bad germaphobe and I’m still probably going to wipe things down. I did today when I went shopping.

#11638 4 years ago

At the 00:58 mark.
Oh man, ouch.
International icon, great intentions and pitching in to help and all, however ...
this reminds me of a lounge singer in the Catskills. And I'm tryin' to be kind.

#11639 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

At the 00:58 mark.
Oh man, ouch.
International icon, great intentions and pitching in to help and all, however ...
this reminds me of a lounge singer in the Catskills. And I'm tryin' to be kind.

I just saw his show last year - talk about night and day. WTF...was this.

#11640 4 years ago

Elton’s no spring chicken not a big deal. He coulda made armpit noises for 3 minutes it would be fine.

If we
Are keeping score I think he sounded a lot better than Paul McCartney.

Mick of course distant first in the oldies division.

#11641 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Imagine if people were this passionate about ending poverty, homelessness, the opioid crisis, etc.

This one is......have a cookie!

D6A2D203-9C0D-4656-AFCD-6983E7906CCD (resized).jpegD6A2D203-9C0D-4656-AFCD-6983E7906CCD (resized).jpeg
#11642 4 years ago

This thread has really gone to shit the last few pages.

Perhaps there is some natural law where if you take a fixed number of people and have them post 10,000 times you will eventually spiral down to the lowest common denominator?

(sums up a lot of social media, actually)

#11643 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This one is......have a cookie!

Dude, you posted that this morning already?

#11644 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Dude, you posted that this morning already?

Cookies!!!

#11645 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

If you all want a serious read about where this virus is likely to take us

Well, after reading that article (and thinking ahead earlier today) I’ve said fuck the furniture in the main part of the game room...and shoved it off to the side to fit more pins in to play and work on.

0DBBBBC7-7BC1-4B7A-9853-F585C85D9809 (resized).jpeg0DBBBBC7-7BC1-4B7A-9853-F585C85D9809 (resized).jpegA13498CE-BF47-4EDB-9C72-8F9A385D08E7 (resized).jpegA13498CE-BF47-4EDB-9C72-8F9A385D08E7 (resized).jpeg
#11646 4 years ago
thumbnail_Image-1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_Image-1 (resized).jpg
#11647 4 years ago

My covid19 plan for tonight

IMG_0333 (resized).JPGIMG_0333 (resized).JPG
#11648 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Quit talkin’...

#11649 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

That EBDLE looks sweet!

#11650 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, after reading that article (and thinking ahead earlier today) I’ve said fuck the furniture in the main part of the game room...and shoved it off to the side to fit more pins in to play and work on.[quoted image][quoted image]

CONTACT! Nice.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.