272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 576.
#11201 3 years ago

Looks like 3 people got ejected today. Man I miss all the fun when I'm at work.
New slogan of this thread.
"If you haven't been moderated you ain't trying"

#11202 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, but I think we had the dark and I visited Busch Gardens in Van Nuys once.

I always find it ironic that I drive past the huge AB/Budweiser plant on the 405, yet I never see anybody in California drinking Budweiser when I’m there.

And funny Odiner...I used to use the Flyaway in Van Nuys to take a bus to LAX when I come out there. Until one time I decided to go to a strip club down the street before boarding. Shady place, but I did meet Tera Patrick.

#11203 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are protesting because they are whiny, spoiled brats who've never lived in a society that required sacrifices for the public good. Their grandparents are rolling in their graves.
It's also an excuse to walk around with AR-15s in public which is always fun.

Let me preface this by saying I don’t condone these protests.

That said, your life is clearly not falling apart. For many, it is—in very real and permanent ways and that is why they are protesting In my case, almost all of my customers are shut down—many will never reopen. I’m running out of product and I can’t restock because my supplier is shut down They May never reopen. My distributor is closed—they will never be the same. And for every one of these business there’s 5-5000 employees who can’t pay their bills while their mortgage companies, landlords, wireless and internet providers all expect to be paid. I pay royalties to two of the largest corporations in the world. They are both in trouble and looking for every source of revenue they can. I’m probably done. 14 yrs of a reasonably successful business gone. The small business programs and the payroll protection programs are a joke, with large corporations pillaging them and banks, i suspect, favoring existing loan holders they don’t want to default. My family is still ok, but this is beyond belief. And, waiting in the wings are Chinese corporations waiting to buy up any desperate US corporations that are in trouble.

#11204 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Let me preface this by saying I don’t condone these protests.

Sorry to hear that Paul. Maybe relief will come through some other means and you’ll get it figured out so it’s not the end.

#11205 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Shady place, but I did meet Tera Patrick.

When I went to Vegas in the early 90s for my brother's bachelor party, I ventured into The Crazy Horse Too and got a lap dance from a then unknown actress by the name of Jenna Jameson.

I would never forget her, nobody in the place could, but didn't put two and two together until I saw a documentary years later that she worked there at the time.

#11206 3 years ago

Yesterday at one of my accounts I had a homeless man try to give me cash so I could buy him booze, the store is only taking card payments at the moment. We have come full circle, it would have killed 17 year old me to find out I did not do it.

#11207 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Everything is fine. Just watching Little house on the prairie every night and staying away from the news.

Can’t get the theme song out of my head now.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#11208 3 years ago

This is how out of the loop I am now. A couple years ago another actress named Christy Mack came into my work, and I didn't know who she was even after her boyfriend told me.

#11209 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sorry to hear that Paul. Maybe relief will come through some other means and you’ll get it figured out so it’s not the end.

Thanks. Like I said, my family is fine. Others I know are not so lucky. The impact of this is frighteningly real and some people’s life’s will never be the same.

#11210 3 years ago

This could be our future...

Air Emirates is blood testing it’s passengers
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/emirates-passengers-blood-test-covid-19/index.html

An another note the national guard is going around to nursing homes to do testing now. They just made their way here.

#11211 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is how out of the loop I am now. A couple years ago another actress named Christy Mack came into my work, and I didn't know who she was even after her boyfriend told me.

That girl can suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

#11212 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

but if someone’s goal is to have Alex Jones’ free speech censored,

Do you support Jone's speech regarding Sandy Hook?

#11213 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

By far the worst thing I've ever drank on purpose:[quoted image]

Yup, when you wanted the 8.1% over the 8%... It was almost tolerable if you got it super ice cold hahaha

#11214 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That girl can suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

When the boss showed up and I told him we had a celebrity there, first he rewound our surveillance tape to see if true, then he did the Google search.

Yes indeedy. Not the only thing she could do with golf balls.

#11215 3 years ago

It's becoming increasingly hard to believe, that this is now where we at, here in America.

"While having a fabric facemask over your face can help, experts have recommended the inclusion of a filter in the middle of the fabric to help catch any particles properly. The best type of filter recommended is HEPA vacuum bags made of polypropylene are the “gold standard,” face mask expert Juliana Sohn told the Huffington Post ... Air conditioner filters can also work, so long as they don’t contain fiberglass."

In today's Harrisburg PA newspaper:
https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-mask-making-facts-and-myths-does-a-coffee-filter-help-best-worst-materials-to-use-more.html

#11216 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The problem is we all love cheap shit from China . I brought a pedestal fan with a remote control for $10 imported from China made with Metals and engineering yet a six-pack of beer made with water , sugar , yeast from down the road cost me $18 how does that work .

You can make your own beer

#11217 3 years ago

Vegas is getting hit hardest financially by this right now, and just found out Jenna Jameson was 16 years old when she worked at The Crazy Horse in 1991.

#11218 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mickey's Big Mouth, Schlitz Malt Liquor, and Old English 800 also come to mind.

Mickeys big mouth were descent. We called them green grenades.

#11219 3 years ago

May 1st is now 2 weeks away. Will see what restrictions start lifting and guidelines are in place by then around the country.

heighwayexit2 (resized).jpgheighwayexit2 (resized).jpg

#11220 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, here’s an honest question. If it turns out that the Chinese deliberately covered up the extent of this virus, intentionally putting the world at risk of large amounts of casualties and severe economic damage; is that an act of war?

What were you expecting them to say? Yes, governments lie. Closed governments lie more. They cover up things that look bad. They don't care about the ramifications of those lies.

So yes, they lied, because that is their job. Is that an act of war? Well, that is a whole nother bag of tacks. Can it be considered an act of war? Sure, because pretty much anything can be. Will we start dropping nukes over it? I don't know because I have no idea what our government is doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_propaganda

#11221 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

What were you expecting them to say?

Well, if it were our country I would think we would be much more forthcoming about what we were dealing with and what the implications were for the rest of the world. I don't think we would be arresting and killing doctors and scientists that were trying to get the word out.

#11222 3 years ago

I had forgot about that. The Chris Rock vid was fairly recent and the first thing that came to mind. What you linked solidifies my opinion. Either he is an idiot or a complete jerk.

#11223 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had forgot about that. The Chris Rock vid was fairly recent and the first thing that came to mind. What you linked solidifies my opinion. Either he is an idiot or a complete jerk.

Both

#11224 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

how can you tell who is ejected? Is there a list?

#11225 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone here got ejected and Who Dey and o-din were the last two guys in this thread?

#11226 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This could be our future...
Air Emirates is blood testing it’s passengers
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/emirates-passengers-blood-test-covid-19/index.html
An another note the national guard is going around to nursing homes to do testing now. They just made their way here.

oh man the "Bill Gates Is Using Covid-19 For Mind Control" types are going to have a field day with this

#11227 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone here got ejected and Who Dey and o-din were the last two guys in this thread?

put the chairs up and turn the lights off on your way out, k?

#11228 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, if it were our country I would think we would be much more forthcoming about what we were dealing with and what the implications were for the rest of the world. I don't think we would be arresting and killing doctors and scientists that were trying to get the word out.

We have the most corrupt lying ass government on earth lol. Wake up Doc!!

#11229 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

It's becoming increasingly hard to believe, that this is now where we at, here in America.

"While having a fabric facemask over your face can help, experts have recommended the inclusion of a filter in the middle of the fabric to help catch any particles properly. The best type of filter recommended is HEPA vacuum bags made of polypropylene are the “gold standard,” face mask expert Juliana Sohn told the Huffington Post ... Air conditioner filters can also work, so long as they don’t contain fiberglass."
In today's Harrisburg PA newspaper:
https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-mask-making-facts-and-myths-does-a-coffee-filter-help-best-worst-materials-to-use-more.html

Another pinsider posted a tutorial video (post 632) of a nurse who made fabric masks with furnace filters inside of them. The ones she was using were equivalent to an N95.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/13

#11230 3 years ago

Speight's here

#11231 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May 1st is now 2 weeks away. Will see what restrictions start lifting and guidelines are in place by then around the country.

Who's the old dude with the combover?

#11232 3 years ago

awww geez now I'm bummed about Aliens not getting wider distribution...

#11233 3 years ago

Stroh's. You knew it was good because it came in a 36-pack.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11234 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm bummed about Aliens not getting wider distribution...

Wasn't it in theaters everywhere like over 35 years ago?

Certainly you can get a copy on VHS.

#11235 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If you haven't been moderated you ain't trying"

I'm always amused by people bragging how they would never alert a moderator or Snitches get Stitches or some tough guy crap.

zzzzunnamed (resized).jpgzzzzunnamed (resized).jpg
#11236 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Stroh's. You knew it was good because it came in a 36-pack.[quoted image]

Oh God dude you're joking right? Do they actually still make that shit?

#11237 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

how can you tell who is ejected? Is there a list?

I'm always a couple hours behind in this thread when I'm at work. So when I scroll through it shows the eject icon by their names. And a moderation notice at the bottom. Some are only 4 hour ejects so they come back on by the evening.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11238 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm always a couple hours behind in this thread when I'm at work. So when I scroll through it shows the eject icon by their names. And a moderation notice at the bottom. Some are only 4 hour ejects so they come back on by the evening.[quoted image]

Maybe we should start a list and keep adding to it as needed?

#11239 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe we should start a list and keep adding to it as needed?

Last man standing wins a case of Corona. The mods are buying.

#11240 3 years ago

This stuff is so bad that even 40 years later it hasn't been opened yet.
s-l640 (resized).jpgs-l640 (resized).jpg

#11241 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Better buy it now, I heard two weeks ago they are pausing production on Corona. I have one left that I bought early March and saving it....to look back on what whatever reason.

#11242 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Better buy it now, I heard two weeks ago they are pausing production on Corona.

I heard they might just change the name to Cabrona.

#11243 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I've got a friend that years ago bought a case off of ebay. He shotguns one every 4th of July at his get together.

#11244 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Stroh's. You knew it was good because it came in a 36-pack.[quoted image]

Coors Light now comes in 36 packs around here.

#11245 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I knew this looked familair. Peanut farmers brother

#11246 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other news, the city of San Francisco is now thankful they lost the Super Bowl as a big parade could have been a spread the coronavirus nightmare.

Probably wouldn't have mattered as it seems the infection rate is already off the charts there. Stanford just came out with this study. Infection rate is 50-85 times more than thought.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be77753b5f9c509cb865d14fbdaf97eeb78e11d5-1587139595-0-AWIUFx6wN0uXOvkl2GvKJJc-Ig8sPLjxRzO454lTi9KpWYjKbxnVGQzEHGD9bYZUKYUUOdrfRQ_wQREzNDVmpdEWVIZYt6UTI9m_LD7byikYQA-loXE677ZRO1gHfKAz7mccB9JD5q3Y8YVehLtYCxNulZzxgq75-rzgoHZ2Heyj5PDAftyTcJ9j-gS_9XvqhP1w_lcrCrvVy9EM4vDfOYSqAiDYODT4O2PXN776dtAuibDok5gMCdzZYcCoRi69cdjoFoqV7X4-dhUOTFhjUA5EzGIOpkN7fsqrkufnBv0pOXqb3nOUoVRFDs5ZdBzO9w_yicdwyhIdvht3lBZyMgA

#11247 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm still waiting for them to eject me from the most expensive, I mean the greatest pinball machines of all time thread.

One guy is so butthurt, he actually just asked me to take a break.

#11248 3 years ago

Fk it.

s-l640 (resized).jpgs-l640 (resized).jpg
#11249 3 years ago

My God that literally looks like piss

#11250 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's a simple indicator... if the show is a single person just monologuing about things - it's not going to be a good source of anything except a platform.
The monologue delivery is used because it provides a single stream of uncontested content. The narrative can be laid out and traversed without having to defend or face opposition. The hand picked 'guests' whose role it is to reiterate and support the narrative are just a tool to support the narrative being laid out - they aren't an actual open dialogue of other views.
When they do it on TV/Radio you only have their interpretation of the information they are supposedly citing. You don't see the actual sources - at best only things in snipets. You have no immediate way to check their sources. They use this to their advantage to pass distortion or selective interpretation as credible sources.
And when it's a real slant... there is no obligation to be objective... and they use repetition and filtered perspective to pump ideas. They rely on horrible logic and argument techniques and just beat people into believing it's a rational way to support the conclusions or challenges pushed. The one way broadcast model uses this lack of accuracy checking to their advantage to move right past 'close enough' facts to build larger ideas and conclusions based on that.
It's no coincidence in the format these talking heads use for their show. It's all part of the toolset.
Doesn't matter if it's left leaning or right... It's a downright manipulative, horrible format to get information from.

I would give to 2 + thumbs up here. I wish I could write as eloquently as you do and still get the point across.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.