272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 576.
#11151 3 years ago

We used to buy it right at the brewery here. 9$ a case. Ah memories.

#11152 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Where we're all these "constitutional rights" citizens when the POTUS said that he has absolute power?

Exactly. Crap like that going on is why people are protesting

#11153 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

They put "Craft Beer" on the label and add $10 to the price!

I know what you're saying but this is just even with normal stuff .

IMG_20200418_032541 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_032541 (resized).jpg
#11154 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The US is falling apart at the seams because “forever 21” has been closed for a month, what’s gonna happen when consumers can’t buy a new smart phone for a few years, and when they finally can it costs twice as much?
Oh, and good luck getting new parts for your pinball machines anytime in the next decade.
I do not see consumers and our fine business leaders being Ok with a trading halt with China. It would take years for us to catch up with them in manufacturing, and the public would revolt at the huge price increases in everything they’ve been building for us.

Actually Forever 21 is no longer stylish and were on their way out.
We better bring medicine back,if nothing else. Whatever it takes or costs.

#11155 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Exactly. Crap like that going on is why people are protesting

People are protesting because they are whiny, spoiled brats who've never lived in a society that required sacrifices for the public good. Their grandparents are rolling in their graves.

It's also an excuse to walk around with AR-15s in public which is always fun.

#11156 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

We used to buy it right at the brewery here. 9$ a case. Ah memories.

I worked at a liquor store and could also get it at a drive thru dairy.

Also a shout out to Australia that provided Tooths and Fosters in big oil cans.

And long live Lowenbrau actually imported from Munich.

#11157 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I worked at a liquor store and could also get it at a drive thru dairy.
And long live Lowenbrau actually imported from Munich.

Which American beers do you dig? Or is it all pisswater?

I can enjoy a bud from time to time if it's freezer cold.

#11158 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My dad was all Bud, all the time. But the stuff did not agree with me. There was a time I did Coors, but now it is mostly Mexican beer like Pacifico or Dos Equis or whatever fancy IPA my buddy brings over.

#11159 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My dad was all Bud, all the time. But the stuff did not agree with me. There was a time I did Coors, but now it is mostly Mexican beer like Pacifico or
Dos Equis or whatever fancy IPA my buddy brings over.

Well you’re still kind of “Bud” all the time.

#11160 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We had to sell it to someone , no one drinks that crap over here . ( and it's Tooheys )

#11161 3 years ago

From a local brewery right in our town, they have this stuff on tap at The Spaghetti Factory, so I always partake anytime we eat there.

IMG_0242 (resized).jpgIMG_0242 (resized).jpg
#11162 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know what you're saying but this is just even with normal stuff .[quoted image]

Got me VB, got me flags on me Holden , pass me Holden and I'll glass ya
Straya Day!

#11163 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are protesting because they are whiny, spoiled brats who've never lived in a society that required sacrifices for the public good. Their grandparents are rolling in their graves.

Reminds me of the popular quote;

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Good thing those guy's aren't out there with their AR-14's that Biden mentioned

#11164 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We had to sell it to someone , no one drinks that crap over here . ( and it's Tooheys )

I was a teenager, and those big oil cans were easy to carry under my down jacket when going into a high school football game. Lotta bang for my buck.

#11165 3 years ago

I've never met an Aussie that liked Fosters. Ironic.

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah...I just don’t get what “the world” is supposed to do to China. We couldn’t stop them from running over peaceful protestors with tanks. We can’t get them not to pirate DVDs of “Good Burger.” We’ve made little headway on human rights progress, or environmental stuff back when we actually cared about it
So what are supposed to do here? How is China supposed to be made to pay for their crime of doing the stuff China always does, especially when so much of the western economy is dependent on them.
Like many things related to the response to this pandemic, it all seems like showy theater. I get that we can point fingers at them, and try to absolve and distract blame from our own blatant and obvious failures...but is there any REAL action toward China that is expected here? I haven’t heard anything suggested. Are we going to sanction them? Stop trading with them?
What’s the endgame here?

The endgame? Moving more manufacturing back to the USA - which is probably a good thing. Trump started the arc long before this mess, now it just has to complete. This helps his argument.

#11167 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I’m pretty sure the Fosters we get in the US is brewed in Canada

#11168 3 years ago

Back in the 70s I don't remember there being any "craft beers". We got what was strongest so we did not have to carry too much.

#11169 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's a big practical joke we have on the world .
If anyone over here asks for a Fosters they're tourists .

#11170 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

From our fearless leader "Make American Great Again".... bring back all these jobs to the good old USA....I have zero issues if I have to pay more....

People claim they would but they never actually do. Look at pinball purchases on Pinside, there's all kinds of posts on how people proudly rip off their local economies by (insert whatever illegal purchase trick here). Also look how much people scream when pinball prices go up $100. You really think they will want to pay made in USA prices for everything? Good luck with that. Plus aren't even the "Make America Great Again" hats made in China?

Simply put, nothing will be done about China. Nothing, zero, nada. People can blather on about wanting jobs back locally but they lie, they just want stuff as cheap as possible. They buy nothing local then they wonder where all the jobs went and cry about it while their drive their not made in USA car wearing their not made in USA clothes using their not made in USA electronics. I walk the walk, I buy local as much as possible but I'm considered a weirdo for that. Heck people even make fun of me here for overpaying on pinball machines that I buy locally but I don't care, I support local businesses and my money goes back locally whenever possible.

#11171 3 years ago

In other news, the city of San Francisco is now thankful they lost the Super Bowl as a big parade could have been a spread the coronavirus nightmare.

#11172 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Got me VB, got me flags on me Holden , pass me Holden and I'll glass ya
Straya Day!

You seem to know a bit too much Gryszzz

#11173 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back in the 70s I don't remember there being any "craft beers". We got what was strongest so we did not have to carry too much.

I hear ya. Before the hipsters began opening breweries on every corner, Moosehead and St. Pauli Girl were the "craft beers". Pepperidge Farm remembers.

#11174 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Or Crocodile Dundee, for that matter

#11175 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You seem to know a bit too much Gryszzz

Lol. Just a huge fan of Aussie Guy!

#11176 3 years ago

And who the hell throws a shrimp on the Barbie? If I remember correctly Ken didn't even have a shrimp.

#11177 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Good thing those guy's aren't out there with their AR-14's

the AR-14s were from when people were fighting COVID-1

#11178 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#11179 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Or Crocodile Dundee, for that matter

That's a step too far , we love Crocodile Dundee ..... well at least the first one .

#11180 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I spent some time down under and I figured Foster's was just the export version of VB.

"Whether you're sanding a floor, or fixing a door, and you've just got that thirst..."

#11181 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know what you're saying but this is just even with normal stuff .[quoted image]

A lot of that 18 you are paying is tax.

#11182 3 years ago

What I found in Australia is there are a lot more hot, younger, single women there than there are here.

And where all the statues like the Grimace that used to be in front of our McDonalds ended up.

That is all.

#11183 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I spent some time down under and I figured Foster's was just the export version of VB.
"Whether you're sanding a floor, or fixing a door, and you've just got that thirst..."

No they're a bit different

#11184 3 years ago

A major difference between the USA and Australia is people immigrated to the USA because the could not make it or were dissatisfied where they were originally from.

They immigrated to Australia because they were above the law and were kind of forced to from where they were originally from.

You can kind of see that in both cultures today.

#11185 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That’s how we ended up experimenting with Mad Dog 20/20, Lightning Creek and all those other awful fortified wines that just made us sick as hell.

#11186 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted video]

That's awesome! Yeah, I didn't really look into it, but it was weird how I had only heard of Foster's, then I got there and everything was VB on TV EXCEPT the stuff that was broadcast internationally like rugby etc. I think they're made by the same brewery too, right?

Anyway I was in Tasmania so it was mostly Cascade and Boag's for me.

#11187 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s how we ended up experimenting with Mad Dog 20/20, Lightning Creek and all those other awful fortified wines that just made us sick as hell.

Mickey's Big Mouth, Schlitz Malt Liquor, and Old English 800 also come to mind.

#11188 3 years ago

By far the worst thing I've ever drank on purpose:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11189 3 years ago

This was our beer of choice as teenagers, purely based on price, it was about 7.00 a case.

#11190 3 years ago

when I drank beer my tastes were pretty much aligned with the bottles HEP posts in his restoration thread

#11191 3 years ago

Late high school and college, this was the popular beer and we didn't have to head to no mountains, either. Tailgates, parties, whatever, this is what we choked down. I don't think I have had one in may hands since the day I left campus. For a brief time, Busch Light's star burned brightly.

#11192 3 years ago

In my senior community, we had 2 confirmed cases. When the staff and I first got the news, we felt like we all just signed our death warrants. Our 2 residents (married couple in their early 80's) have made a full recovery! Fortunately, we had our protocols in place before the married couple tested positive...so this seriously stopped the spread of the virus. Nothing is 100% absolute, but we took every measure we could to ensure this didn't spread throughout the community. So far...so good.

#11193 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you ever come across Molson Brador? It was 6.2% abv in Canada so a bit stronger than most beers at the time.

#11194 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Did you ever come across Molson Brador? It was 6.2% abv in Canada so a bit stronger than most beers at the time.

No, but I think we had the dark and I visited Busch Gardens in Van Nuys once.

#11195 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

that's why we thought Olde English 800 was so great in 1977

#11196 3 years ago

I'm happy this is turning into a beer thread

#11197 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody should be drinking Budweiser right now, specifically with a lack of toilet paper in the world. Stuff just gives you the shits all the next day.

When I was in high school, Keystone Light was the way to go. Stuff was like $9 a case. And it went down like water...because it was mostly water.

7BECD25A-C6EB-416F-8259-AC363541BB45 (resized).jpeg7BECD25A-C6EB-416F-8259-AC363541BB45 (resized).jpeg
#11198 3 years ago

Look out for the bull!

#11199 3 years ago

I don’t know about any of you, but even though she has Corona...I would still pick her up.

#11200 3 years ago

My first covert deal was buying a six pack of Grain Belt beer in a bowling alley at age 14. Adolescence Mission Impossible episode that I laugh about now.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.