272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 576.
#11101 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, what if the world stopped trading with them? It would hurt like hell for sure because we’ve been sucking on the cheap Chinese test for a long time but it would destroy their economy.

The US is falling apart at the seams because “forever 21” has been closed for a month, what’s gonna happen when consumers can’t buy a new smart phone for a few years, and when they finally can it costs twice as much?

Oh, and good luck getting new parts for your pinball machines anytime in the next decade.

I do not see consumers and our fine business leaders being Ok with a trading halt with China. It would take years for us to catch up with them in manufacturing, and the public would revolt at the huge price increases in everything they’ve been building for us.

#11102 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

On bicycles? Probably any superpower.

That was the olden days , they're brought most of our country and many others . they are a lot more modern than you think

#11103 3 years ago

Well, what IF the world stopped trading with them? It would hurt like hell for sure because we’ve been sucking on the cheap Chinese test for a long time but it would destroy their economy.

Too little too late! We are not the only country buying from China and are not their biggest buyers on lots of items.

My concern with going to war with anyone these days is the US doesn't make anything anymore so we can't "ramp up production" for wartime needs. Hell we can't even make N95 masks in this country let alone support a war effort.

#11104 3 years ago

(edited)

#11105 3 years ago

What we could do to China is economic sanctions and start making the shit we buy from them here.

#Make America Great Again!

#11106 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Simple.
[quoted image]

They have them as well

#11107 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They have them as well

I gave him an answer. I didn't say it was a good one.

#11108 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I see a citizen that cares about constitutional rights.

Where were all these "constitutional rights" citizens when the POTUS said that he has absolute power?

#11109 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What we could do to China is economic sanctions and start making the shit we buy from them here.
#Make America Great Again!

All the "Make America Great Again" hats & stuff were made in China! So if we block trading with China we can't even get "Make America Great" caps!

#11110 3 years ago

And in other news, China just added another 1200 deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus in an “update” to their numbers. That’s a 50% increase in the reported deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus.
If the world doesn’t shut down the Chinese over this mess there’s something seriously wrong.

Mind you this is similar to the adjustment NYC made a few days ago as they changed criteria for classification, so this adjustment isn't much cause for concern.
But like many others, I doubt these are the full numbers

#11111 3 years ago

Well, what IF the world stopped trading with them? It would hurt like hell for sure because we’ve been sucking on the cheap Chinese teat for a long time but it would destroy their economy.

This will not be a traditional war, but rather an economical war.

There is legislation be brought up so they cannot be exempt from class action lawsuits.

The author of the bill.
https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1352

There is also legislation to bring American companies back by giving them financial incentive that give relief to moving costs. (An argument against this is that it might be hard to get through as it can be thought as corporate welfare.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/04/10/kudlow-pay-the-moving-costs-of-american-companies-leaving-china/#3c70d4cd13c6

#11112 3 years ago

The problem is we all love cheap shit from China . I brought a pedestal fan with a remote control for $10 imported from China made with Metals and engineering yet a six-pack of beer made with water , sugar , yeast from down the road cost me $18 how does that work .

#11113 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The problem is we all love cheap shit from China . I brought a pedestal fan with a remote control for $10 imported from China made with Metals and engineering yet a six-pack of beer made with water , sugar , yeast from down the road cost me $18 how does that work .

Your beer wasn’t made by slaves.

#11114 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

All the "Make America Great Again" hats & stuff were made in China! So if we block trading with China we can't even get "Make America Great" caps!

Before this virus broke out, there was a ridiculous several month fiasco that slowed down the progress of Make America Great Again!

#11115 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh good lord! New rule at work. Every hour all associates must wash their hands and sign off on a chart now. It also states a manager or department lead needs to watch to make sure they are doing it.

Unfortunately a number of people have demonstrated they don't think the rules include them, so it puts companies in a position where they have to implement policies that, from the outside, seem 'over-the-top.' It's like with having to have my golf course in Maine closed right now. We could be open if the folks from out-of-state would be respectful of the current policies for inter-state travel.
https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Governor-explains-reasoning-behind-closing-Golf-Courses-as-non-essential---569716101.html?fbclid=IwAR0VKIeAcJzDekLlrjEHGXD5BY3HnCrmkbuQqC_pDJ-xTLkGsNcFU3035mk

#11116 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your beer wasn’t made by slaves.

Forget about the labour costs , what about materials , shipping , Imports duties taxes and the shop to make a profit on top of it , it's unbelievable .

#11117 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what are supposed to do here? How is China supposed to be made to pay for their crime of doing the stuff China always does, especially when so much of the western economy is dependent on them.

This might be one of those "Overton Window" shifts, but imagine if the way you're feeling about China now was how other countries felt about USA.
Crazy, right?

#11118 3 years ago

Everything is fine. Just watching Little house on the prairie every night and staying away from the news.

#11119 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We can’t get them not to pirate DVDs of “Good Burger.”

And this is the one that really hurts.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#11120 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Everything is fine. Just watching Little house on the prairie every night and staying away from the news.

Goodnight Jim Bob , is that Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons .
I think it's Little House on the Prairie the wife thinks it's The Waltons

#11121 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Goodnight Jim Bob , is that Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons .
I think it's Little House on the Prairie the wife thinks it's The Waltons

Waltons

#11122 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Make them all sing the Rollergames theme song next!

Wash....Wash....Wash with liquid soap.....(3x)

Washin' and Dryin', Washin' and Dryin' all day.

GO FOR THE RESTROOM.

DONT SNEEZE................SNEEZE.

#11123 3 years ago

Dam it !

#11124 3 years ago

The Chinese people who are innocent in all this will be made to suffer again by the CCP. Either economically or a war they will be the collateral damage by the communists. The CCP stepping down is the only way I see out of this for China.

#11125 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Simple.
[quoted image]

I'm on team "Genocide is bad"

#11126 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You got a thing for Melisa Gilbert, don't you?

#11127 3 years ago

Let's talk conspiracy theory, for a moment. If this has been discussed already, my apologies, hard to keep up with 223 pages of 'stuff'.

Trump gets elected with MAGA, going to bring manufacturing etc, back to the USA...

late 2019, China 'mysteriously' gets a new virus strain that eventually makes its way to the USA...

The USA begins to run out on supplies that are critical to care (among other things) and should be made here but are currently made in China...

2020 is an election year...

I leaving a few steps out but think you get the idea?

I'm just thinking out loud, because of the unfreezing process, I have no inner monologue.

discuss

#11128 3 years ago

From our fearless leader "Make American Great Again".... bring back all these jobs to the good old USA....I have zero issues if I have to pay more....

#11129 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Who wants to take on 1.6 billion people

The US would if necessary...history proves WE do WHATEVER it takes. For example, in WWII we fought in both the European Theater and the Pacific Theater simultaneously and declared victory in both. Two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan because it WAS necessary. Japan woke a “sleeping giant” with their attack on Pearl Harbor. China may have done the same thing, but in a much different way. I believe the American spirit and pride in our country is present in most of us and can be very powerful if called upon. Btw...I feel EVERY American that is able should visit Pearl Harbor...very powerful.

The US military could make a wasteland out of China if need be, but that is not the kind of war we are talking about here. We shut off all trade with them and move all manufacturing that was in China back to the US. That is how you win that “war”.

And now I’m off to play some pball!

#11130 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The US military could make a wasteland out of China if need be, but that is not the kind of war we are talking about here. We shut off all trade with them and move all manufacturing that was in China back to the US. That is how you win that “war”.

We're way off topic now but I couldn't resist

landwarinasia (resized).jpglandwarinasia (resized).jpg
#11132 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The US would if necessary...history proves WE do WHATEVER it takes. For example, in WWII we fought in both the European Theater and the Pacific Theater simultaneously and declared victory in both. Two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan because it WAS necessary. Japan woke a “sleeping giant” with their attack on Pearl Harbor. China may have done the same thing, but in a much different way. I believe the American spirit and pride in our country is present in most of us and can be very powerful if called upon. Btw...I feel EVERY American that is able should visit Pearl Harbor...very powerful.
And now I’m off to play some pball!

Long story short China is a different country than it was in World War 2 , so many countries can make a wasteland of other countries now + I thought you were already off playing pinball .

#11133 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

From our fearless leader "Make American Great Again".... bring back all these jobs to the good old USA....I have zero issues if I have to pay more....

Well, he was trying. I don't mind people with not so politically correct personalities as long as they are doers.

#11134 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, he was trying. I don't mind people with not so politically correct personalities as long as they are doers.

We'll have 30,000 dead Americans by this weekend.

#11135 3 years ago

It's funny while we're talking the end of the world , the wife is happily playing Crash Bandicoot .

IMG20200418024747 (resized).jpgIMG20200418024747 (resized).jpg
#11136 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can blame that on the high fructose corn syrup.

#Make Sugar Great Again!

#11137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you're at 35,500 dead Americans https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

#11138 3 years ago

If you think the shutdown has been bad for the stock market, just wait until you see what a real trade war with China looks like.

#11139 3 years ago

this is an opinion piece (warning) and it's Canadian (WARNING) but I like the sentiment:
"Canada should take its cues from countries where the virus is under control, not from the WHO"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-canada-should-take-its-cues-from-countries-where-the-virus-is-under/

so while we're WHO bashing, let's also be sure to learn lessons from the countries that are doing the right things

Also:
"Gilead shares climb after report says early data show encouraging results for COVID-19 patients treated with experimental drug"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/international-business/article-gilead-shares-surge-16-per-cent-after-report-says-covid-19-patients/

Gilead Sciences Inc’s shares surged 16% in after hours trading on Thursday following a media report detailing encouraging partial data from trials of the U.S. company’s experimental drug remdesivir in severe COVID-19 patients.

A University of Chicago hospital participating in a study of the antiviral medication said it is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, according to medical news website STAT.

Gilead, in an emailed statement, said “the totality of the data need to be analyzed in order to draw any conclusions from the trial.”

UChicago Medicine, also in an email, said “partial data from an ongoing clinical trial is by definition incomplete and should never be used to draw conclusions.”

#11140 3 years ago

Well the weekend's starting early. I've got a drink in hand!

#11141 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you think the shutdown has been bad for the stock market, just wait until you see what a real trade war with China looks like.

We won't see that. It's all bluster and scapegoating. Zero actual action will be taken.

The real question is when does this alleged "curve flattening" start to translate into fewer deaths in the U.S.?

It looks like by this time next week we'll have as many dead as our 20-years in Vietnam. Many of these dead actually FOUGHT in Vietnam which makes it even more poignant.

#11142 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please have a second drink for me. I'm missing my alcohol due to short term meds which may have severe interactions and don't want to risk anything right now. Haven't had a drink all month. Whatcha havin?

#11143 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Please have a second drink for me. I'm missing my alcohol due to short term meds which may have severe interactions and don't want to risk anything right now. Haven't had a drink all month. Whatcha havin?

Woodford Reserve baby! Yes I'll have one for you.

#11144 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Screenshot_20200415-000839~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200415-000839~2 (resized).png
#11145 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

We're way off topic now but I couldn't resist[quoted image]

Damn...I keep getting sucked back in! Who said anything about a ground war? China would be eliminated from the skies. By the way, the majority of the aircraft in the Royal Canadian Air Force was supplied by the US...you’re welcome!

#11146 3 years ago

For $800 a week, this is a lot easier than scraping paint off a fence.

And to think, they used to only pay me $400 a week to entertain you guys.

#11148 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

By the way, the majority of the aircraft in the Royal Canadian Air Force was supplied by the US...you’re welcome!

I'm not sure why you want a thank-you cake for a business deal but ok.

#11149 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They put "Craft Beer" on the label and add $10 to the price!

#11150 3 years ago

To be fair, Canada supplied me with plenty of Molson Golden and Moosehead when I was a teenager.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/223?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.