272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 576.
#11051 3 years ago

Alex Jones is that same piece of shit who called the massacre in Sandy Hook a false flag. He eventually backed off from it but not before hurting a lot of innocent people who were just trying to grieve...

#11052 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A couple of days later, I stumble on to AJ trying to drum up some point about Rock and how Rock was a blah blah blah. AJ lifted just some of Rock's performance, and used that tidbit to shade and slant things in an effort to do whatever it was he was trying to do. Since I saw that part of Rock's performance, I saw what was missing and saw AJ to be a bold faced lier. I was glad youtube gave him the boot.

It was giving a slanted take on Chris Rock that did it, and not what Alex Jones did to the families of children massacred at Sandy Hook?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/us/politics/alex-jones-infowars-sandy-hook.html
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/733880866/sandy-hook-victims-father-wins-defamation-suit-alex-jones-sanctioned
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50074652

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Alex Jones is that same piece of shit who called the massacre in Sandy Hook a false flag. He eventually backed off from it but not before hurting a lot of innocent people who were just trying to grieve...

he spent years terrorizing families living through one of the worst nightmares imaginable, and now that he has minor legal repercussions, he says "woopsie", after unleashing thousands of internet crazies on them.
He is a monster who should never know peace again.

EDIT: sorry once again I've veered off topic. Few things stoke my rage more than grifters who would exploit murdered children.

#11054 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Long live diversity of thought

Diversity of thought is great. The issue is with the mass consumption of what is so clearly propaganda. And like it or not, Fox News has played a primary role in turning the US into a giant online comments section.

#11055 3 years ago

Oh hear we go....all the bleeding heart liberals going to town complaining about something....maybe u should all make some signs up, organize a rally down town, and break some windows while complaining about our current administration.....real productive....

#11056 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Diversity of thought is great. The issue is with the mass consumption of what is so clearly propaganda. And like it or not, Fox News has played a primary role in turning the US into a giant online comments section.

LOL, thinking your variety of mass media bs is any better. All garbage.

#11057 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

LOL, thinking your variety of mass media bs is any better. All garbage.

LOL, your reaction is an example of the effect of propaganda. Once you believe it’s all garbage you’re inclined to meet them halfway to insane

#11059 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
A gang member blocks traffic as part of the Michigan coronavirus protests.
A doctor came out to plead for them to allow an ambulance to pass
[quoted image]

Where is the so-called gang member?
I see a citizen that cares about constitutional rights.

#11060 3 years ago

Love the main stream media. They saved America during this crisis by reporting the truth and asking important questions while those we are supposed to trust lied endlessly.

Main steam media deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

#11061 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh hear we go....all the bleeding heart liberals going to town complaining about something....maybe u should all make some signs up, organize a rally down town, and break some windows while complaining about our current administration.....real productive....

I’m sorry, but who is complaining exactly? I mean, other than you.....?

#11062 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love the main stream media. They saved America during this crisis by reporting the truth and asking important questions while those we are supposed to trust lied endlessly.

Thank God most people in the US are aware of what’s going on with the rwnj’s, and they want no part of it!

#11063 3 years ago

Once again, no, we don;t need that, we can make our own choices as to information sources. "Sigh"

#11064 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Once again, no, we don;t need that, we can make our own choices as to information sources. "Sigh"

I feel like Maury Povich is about to chime in

#11065 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Americans voted with their pocketbooks, many of them are going under and I look forward to that day. When that happens maybe they will get it through their thick skulls that citizens don't want, need and will not support propaganda.
Research "Yellow Journalism", still going on.

#11066 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll leave you with Alex Jones and the line of trash he tries to peddle.

I’m not a fan of his, but if someone’s goal is to have Alex Jones’ free speech censored, demonetized, banned and blacklisted...I think that’s scarier than whatever he might have to say.

I grew up in a family of hippies.
Even if you disagreed with someone, you supported their free speech and it made you think about your point of view. You’d actually hone your own argument and then have an ice cold delicious Schlitz together.

Nobody wants to be challenged these days. They gravitate towards like minded group think.

I wanna hear ALL the science and opinion regarding the historical pandemic.
Long live Pinside!

#11067 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Where is the so-called gang member?
I see a citizen that cares about constitutional rights.

The photo was of a contingent of a violent fascist gang called 'Proud Boys'. (they had signs on their cars) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys
Again, this is off-topic here, the only relevant connection is that they were protesting coronavirus rules and blocking an ambulance

#11068 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The photo was of a contingent of a violent fascist gang called 'Proud Boys'. (they had signs on their cars) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys
Again, this is off-topic here, the only relevant connection is that they were protesting coronavirus rules and blocking an ambulance

ahahahahahhhahahah. Gang member blocking traffic that is stopped in front of him. Is it just an endless supply of fear they feed you leafs up there?

#11069 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

ahahahahahhhahahah. Gang member blocking traffic that is stopped in front of him. Is it just an endless supply of fear they feed you leafs up there?

he's not "stopped in traffic", they are all blocking traffic deliberately. I'm not sure what about this is hard for you.

#11070 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Let me take a stab at this. The news department at Fox still has some good journalists in it. Chris Wallace’s Sunday show is excellent viewing. Fox definitely lost a good journalist when Shepherd Smith left. CNN has Jake Tapper and Jim Acosta who have been trashed by some folks, but they are very good at their jobs. The best cable news, and TV news viewing in general are the Sunday morning shows. If you just watched a sampling of those, you’d be super well informed.

Here's a simple indicator... if the show is a single person just monologuing about things - it's not going to be a good source of anything except a platform.

The monologue delivery is used because it provides a single stream of uncontested content. The narrative can be laid out and traversed without having to defend or face opposition. The hand picked 'guests' whose role it is to reiterate and support the narrative are just a tool to support the narrative being laid out - they aren't an actual open dialogue of other views.

When they do it on TV/Radio you only have their interpretation of the information they are supposedly citing. You don't see the actual sources - at best only things in snipets. You have no immediate way to check their sources. They use this to their advantage to pass distortion or selective interpretation as credible sources.

And when it's a real slant... there is no obligation to be objective... and they use repetition and filtered perspective to pump ideas. They rely on horrible logic and argument techniques and just beat people into believing it's a rational way to support the conclusions or challenges pushed. The one way broadcast model uses this lack of accuracy checking to their advantage to move right past 'close enough' facts to build larger ideas and conclusions based on that.

It's no coincidence in the format these talking heads use for their show. It's all part of the toolset.

Doesn't matter if it's left leaning or right... It's a downright manipulative, horrible format to get information from.

#11071 3 years ago

The back-and-forth about media outlets is exhausting. Some are good and reliable, some are bad and not so reliable. Everybody can watch or read what they prefer. Period.

Can we move on?

#11072 3 years ago

Anybody feeling like they are going nuts like I am?

This was me asking my daughter if she brushed her teeth this morning.

7E1FA7A3-F1BE-4142-B98E-39257FE58F8D (resized).jpeg7E1FA7A3-F1BE-4142-B98E-39257FE58F8D (resized).jpeg
#11073 3 years ago

So its ok for Wal Mart, Costco, liquor store, Auto Parts, Food processing/ packaging, natural gas, Bank, etc workers to go in everyday but clothing boutique owners have to shut down their livelihood? There are ways to make it work. Small Business owners are getting destroyed, commercial rents are not being paid, loans are defaulting.
Put up a plexiglass screen, wipe the card readers, the shopping carts, require masks, but let everyone open back up.

#11074 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody feeling like they are going nuts like I am?
This was me asking my daughter if she brushed her teeth this morning.[quoted image]

You just got 2 new machines, you should be happy. I know I would.

#11076 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh good lord! New rule at work. Every hour all associates must wash their hands and sign off on a chart now. It also states a manager or department lead needs to watch to make sure they are doing it.

Better hope everyone washes their hands adequately since they are all signing the same chart multiple times a day. What a stupid idea!

#11077 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Better hope everyone washes their hands adequately since they are all signing the same chart multiple times a day. What a stupid idea!

I’m a department lead so have to stand and watch my guys wash their hands. I’ll make sure they are all singing the black knight song.

#11078 3 years ago

Check out the tone of this letter to a small time landlord friend of mine. The company that doesn’t way to pay a dime for three months is a nationally known billion dollar business.
FBCB4C81-36B8-4079-9D13-2B3511760BBB (resized).jpegFBCB4C81-36B8-4079-9D13-2B3511760BBB (resized).jpeg

#11079 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So its ok for Wal Mart, Costco, liquor store, Auto Parts, Food processing/ packaging, natural gas, Bank, etc workers to go in everyday but clothing boutique owners have to shut down their livelihood? There are ways to make it work. Small Business owners are getting destroyed, commercial rents are not being paid, loans are defaulting.
Put up a plexiglass screen, wipe the card readers, the shopping carts, require masks, but let everyone open back up.

Yeah. I have problems with this, too. I can go to Walmart and buy my groceries, but I can also buy a book, some jeans, and some toys for the neighbor kids.

But I cannot go into a bookstore to buy a book. etc.

It is not a fair shutdown.

#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

All protests that block off emergency routes should be illegal, this is the reason why. This is not an issue problem, this is a safety problem. The constitution says "peaceful protest" and I believe it crosses the line. This was also a big issue when Black Lives Matter were protesting too so it is not a right wing versus left wing problem; it's just a problem. No protest should possibly cost somebody a life, and they should be held responsible if they do.

#11081 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You just got 2 new machines, you should be happy. I know I would.

I am somewhat, don’t get me wrong.

Ghost Town was a truck bed to truck bed transfer, slid the envelope of money to him. Transaction time was 3 minutes.

Grabbed the Contact from an elderly couple that contacted me a couple months ago. Her husband died, so she now wanted it out. I had full PPE, didn’t come within 30 feet of her, had to disassemble the game and pull it up 12 basement stairs sideways on the hand truck by myself (her doorways weren’t wide enough for a wide body), and load it up.

Total time out of the house was about three hours for both pick ups. And frankly, for something I’m usually excited about, it was physically arduous, and a complete reminder of how screwed up things really are given the way I had to do it.

#11082 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is nor a fair shutdown.

It isn't fair but the coronavirus doesn't care . If all businesses were allowed to be open there would be no lockdown , at least you have a few places you can go .

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I’m a department lead so have to stand and watch my guys wash their hands. I’ll make sure they are all singing the black knight song.

Hourly handwashes are part of Wolf's mandate...came out with the mask mandate. Although, it sounds like it doesn't officially take effect until 8PM Sunday.

#11086 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I am somewhat, don’t get me wrong.
Ghost Town was a truck bed to truck bed transfer, slid the envelope of money to him. Transaction time was 3 minutes.
Grabbed the Contact from an elderly couple that contacted me a couple months ago. Her husband died, so she now wanted it out. I had full PPE, didn’t come within 30 feet of her, had to disassemble the game and pull it up 12 basement stairs sideways on the hand truck by myself (her doorways weren’t wide enough for a wide body), and load it up.
Total time out of the house was about three hours for both pick ups. And frankly, for something I’m usually excited about, it was physically arduous, and a complete reminder of how screwed up things really are given the way I had to do it.

This stuff can be done responsibly. I’ve picked up three games since March and my experiences were much like you except I had to rent a van once.

I go to a commercial place that usually rents to film productions. It’s a garage, not a tight office, never much interaction with staff. They sprayed / wiped down the van inside and out when I got it.

Maybe I shouldn’t have done it but it seemed pretty safe to me. Was it “essential travel?” Well let’s just say I’m glad I’m not running for office.

#11087 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Make them all sing the Rollergames theme song next!

#11088 3 years ago

And in other news, China just added another 1200 deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus in an “update” to their numbers. That’s a 50% increase in the reported deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus.

If the world doesn’t shut down the Chinese over this mess there’s something seriously wrong.

#11089 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If the world doesn’t shut down the Chinese over this mess there’s something seriously wrong.

Good luck with that

#11091 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your right...most are on on CNN, MSNBC, or they sound off on the garbage NPR puts out....and for the record I'm not a fan of Alex Jones

Sorry , I could not resist the npr skit....

#11092 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Good luck with that

Well, here’s an honest question. If it turns out that the Chinese deliberately covered up the extent of this virus, intentionally putting the world at risk of large amounts of casualties and severe economic damage; is that an act of war?

#11093 3 years ago

Well, here’s an honest question. If it turns out that the Chinese deliberately covered up the extent of this virus, intentionally putting the world at risk of large amounts of casualties and severe economic damage; is that an act of war?

Who wants to take on 1.6 billion people

#11094 3 years ago

And in other news, China just added another 1200 deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus in an “update” to their numbers. That’s a 50% increase in the reported deaths in Wuhan from coronavirus.

The voice of reason...I agree 100% and have said this from the very beginning. I’m off to play some pball...everyone have a good weekend!

#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Who wants to take on 1.6 billion people

On bicycles? Probably any superpower.

#11096 3 years ago

Video #1
He made the HUGE mistake of relying on information from China. In the first address he says where he got his information from a phone call from President Xi.

Video #2
Newer information coming out shows that China has been covering up information. Arresting whistle blowers, destroying documents, and not giving reliable information about the virus or their numbers. It is not a fact any media outlet has disputed.

60 minutes Australia did a good report on how bad the corruption of China was and the mistakes they believe Trump has made.

#11097 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Good luck with that

Yeah...I just don’t get what “the world” is supposed to do to China. We couldn’t stop them from running over peaceful protestors with tanks. We can’t get them not to pirate DVDs of “Good Burger.” We’ve made little headway on human rights progress, or environmental stuff back when we actually cared about it

So what are supposed to do here? How is China supposed to be made to pay for their crime of doing the stuff China always does, especially when so much of the western economy is dependent on them.

Like many things related to the response to this pandemic, it all seems like showy theater. I get that we can point fingers at them, and try to absolve and distract blame from our own blatant and obvious failures...but is there any REAL action toward China that is expected here? I haven’t heard anything suggested. Are we going to sanction them? Stop trading with them?

What’s the endgame here?

#11098 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah...I just don’t get what “the world” is supposed to do to China. We couldn’t stop them from running over peaceful protestors with tanks. We can’t get them not to pirate DVDs of “Good Burger.” We’ve made little headway on human rights progress, or environmental stuff back when we actually cared about it
So what are supposed to do here? How is China supposed to be made to pay for their crime of doing the stuff China always does, especially when so much of the western economy is dependent on them.
Like many things related to this, it all seems like showy theater. I get that we can point fingers at them, and try to absolve and distract blame from our own blatant and obvious failures...but is there any REAL action toward China that is expected here? I haven’t heard anything suggested. Are we going to sanction them? Stop trading with them?
What’s the endgame here?

Well, what IF the world stopped trading with them? It would hurt like hell for sure because we’ve been sucking on the cheap Chinese teat for a long time but it would destroy their economy.

#11099 3 years ago

Well, it finally happened.

They are indeed paying me an extra $600 a week on top of the $205 I would normally get from unemployment. I guess I need to go out and work on my fence so they can get their money's worth.

#11100 3 years ago

Yes.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/222?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.