272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 576.
#11001 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They just repeated on the news what I mentioned in the last post. There are others seriously questioning the accuracy of the available covid-19 tests. Or they are just outright saying the test is not very accurate. Lots of false results coming back they think.

Can confirm. The false negative rate with the current test seems a little high.

#11002 4 years ago

6” of snow rolling in soon, I can get used to these snow days.

#11003 4 years ago

Incredible photo:
A gang member blocks traffic as part of the Michigan coronavirus protests.
A doctor came out to plead for them to allow an ambulance to pass
IMG_20200417_000701 (resized).jpgIMG_20200417_000701 (resized).jpg

#11004 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
A gang member and his buddies block traffic as part of the Michigan coronavirus protests.
A doctor came out to plead for them to allow an ambulance to pass[quoted image]

User name fits

#11005 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
[quoted image]

There's something sitting on top of the first car in the pic wonder what it is? Looks like a 2 gallon pail. I'd guess maybe delivery service signage but wouldn't expect enough room to fit between sunroof and windshield.

#11006 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Above all else...
fuck Jimmy Buffet.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#11007 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

User name fits

I don't follow, my user name is my name. So... Technically true?

#11008 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think we can agree that Fox News and CNN both have news divisions and opinion divisions. I have no problem with the news divisions in either network, both have good reporting.

No I cant agree with that sorry.

#11009 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200417-001923~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200417-001923~2 (resized).png
#11010 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1584680328294 (resized).jpg1584680328294 (resized).jpg
#11011 4 years ago

Good night boys... I'll surely be here in the morning... Haunting you for as long as you let me.

1586645586335 (resized).jpg1586645586335 (resized).jpg
#11012 4 years ago

Those of you in the US...important...please read...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Pinside Moderators please make this a key post...thank you!

#11013 4 years ago
hopenforbusiness2 (resized).jpghopenforbusiness2 (resized).jpg
#11014 4 years ago

I try to limit the amount of news i watch daily but did you guys see the scary as shit news out of South Korea yesterday? Apparently up to 200 people who have recovered from the coronavirus, have contracted it again. If true this is a total game changer. We're all going to be lockdowned for the rest of 2020 I fear.

#11015 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I was excited about this at first, but there’s so little information in it. There’s nothing about the plan for testing or contact tracing. Seems more of a political ploy to show something than an actionable plan.

The center right AEI plan is much more comprehensive. I was expecting something more like this.

https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/National-Coronavirus-Response-a-Road-Map-to-Recovering-2.pdf

#11016 4 years ago

Another day of stay at home.....another day of Cuomo/Trump news conferences

BD13A53E-F751-49A3-A34E-379F3A153693.gifBD13A53E-F751-49A3-A34E-379F3A153693.gif
#11017 4 years ago

Has there been any intelligent explanations on why testing is such a problem? From not enough of them, to inaccurate tests, to processing, and to anything else about them? I keep reading/watching tv about the problem (lack of quality testing), but why has no news outlet explained why the problem exists?

#11018 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Has there been any intelligent explanations on why testing is such a problem? From not enough of them, to inaccurate tests, to processing, and to anything else about them? I keep reading/watching tv about the problem (lack of quality testing), but why has no news outlet explained why the problem exists?

Here’s the challenge in a nut shell.

https://thedispatch.com/p/america-is-still-too-far-behind-on

I can’t find the other source I was reading, but it seems like the execution has been chaotic. Lots of different tests. Some work well others don’t. Some return results fast others don’t. Some places have too much testing others not enough.

#11019 4 years ago

I like the sounds of the new spit testing rather than swabbing my brain.

#11020 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Step 1: steal underpants
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit!

#11021 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

You’re right. Fox News is bullshit, not news.

The days of this country relying on 3 TV news anchors & two newspapers for its opinions are over. Please, just get over it.
Long live diversity of thought (which used to be welcomed and championed by both sides) in America.

#11022 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Has there been any intelligent explanations on why testing is such a problem?

Here’s my unintelligent explanation.

It’s almost like this Coronavirus is something new that humans have never had before. That’s why they call it a novel Coronavirus. Just like anything else thats a new experience, it takes time to figure it out. Everyone shouting that they have a miracle cure is just hoping.

We haven’t figured out the virus yet. We know so little about this that we can’t even test for it properly yet.

#11023 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200417-081005_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200417-081005_Facebook (resized).jpg
#11024 4 years ago

I think they are all just trying to fuck with us now....

#11025 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I try to limit the amount of news i watch daily but did you guys see the scary as shit news out of South Korea yesterday? Apparently up to 200 people who have recovered from the coronavirus, have contracted it again. If true this is a total game changer. We're all going to be lockdowned for the rest of 2020 I fear.

The questions I would have are: Are these people that are testing positive again only testing positive or are they having symptoms again? Also, are they shedding virus again which would possibly infect others?

#11026 4 years ago
protest (resized).jpgprotest (resized).jpg
#11027 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

FB_IMG_1587127447872.jpgFB_IMG_1587127447872.jpg
#11028 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Interesting to see the ICU status charted.

Do you know if your ICU capacity has maxed out there in Ontario? Here in Minnesota we have a low number of hospitalized (213) but 50% of them are in ICU (103). These differences could be caused by different severity of COVID-19 or they could be that we have so many ICU beds available that the threshold for moving people to ICU is lower.

#11029 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

That's a lot of BIG guns at that rally. They must be compensating for something.

#11030 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The days of this country relying on 3 TV news anchors & two newspapers for its opinions are over. Please, just get over it.
Long live diversity of thought (which used to be welcomed and championed by both sides) in America.

I disagree. While I like diversity of thought and in the earlier days watched some stuff on youtube, there are too many news caster wannabe's trying to make a name for theirselves. I don't do Facebook but put FB in with the YT crowd. All you need is a web cam and a backdrop and ---POOF---you are newscaster. Any body can be one.

Now the questions is: How do you vet these people? What is their agenda? I'll leave you with Alex Jones and the line of trash he tries to peddle.

#11031 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

I tell people that I don’t fear anything in life, but there are many things I’m very cautious about.

I don’t fear from covid-19
I don’t fear from Public shootings
I don’t fear from my government
I don’t fear from local crime
I don’t fear from terrorists

I am afraid of gun carrying Americans when they suddenly realize that Canada has most of the fresh water in the world, and they decide to take it.

#11032 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Incredible photo:
A gang member blocks traffic as part of the Michigan coronavirus protests.
A doctor came out to plead for them to allow an ambulance to pass
[quoted image]

I see a traffic jam and someone who could possibly be a doctor. But mainly I see a traffic jam and two people shooting the shit. I don't see an ambulance.

What am I missing?

#11033 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is a nice story. Who wrote it? Do you have a name? No name = BS. Or to be kind, it sounds a rumor.

Its an old fashioned right wing chain email. Probably came through on a CompuServe account.

#11034 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see a traffic jam and someone who could possibly be a doctor. But mainly I see a traffic jam and two people shooting the shit. I don't see an ambulance.
What am I missing?

the photo is from a stream of live coverage of the michigan rally, and a particular gang contingent that was blocking traffic. A good photo doesn't need to also be an infographic explaining what everything is.

#11035 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think we can agree that Fox News and CNN both have news divisions and opinion divisions. I have no problem with the news divisions in either network, both have good reporting.

You have no problem. Can we know why?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have a problem. Same question. Can we know why?

#11036 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll leave you with Alex Jones and the line of trash he tries to peddle.

I like Alex Jones, I think he’s bat shit crazy but he tells a good story. He’s got conviction in his beliefs and doesn’t hold back. I put him in the same category of people as Ben Shapiro. I totally disagree with their ideas, but I’ll let them talk. I know that they won’t indoctrinate me into their cult of belief. But that’s their opinion, and they stand by it.

#11037 4 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Do you know if your ICU capacity has maxed out there in Ontario? Here in Minnesota we have a low number of hospitalized (213) but 50% of them are in ICU (103). These differences could be caused by different severity of COVID-19 or they could be that we have so many ICU beds available that the threshold for moving people to ICU is lower.

This article says Ontario has 415 ICU beds https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-icu-beds-1.5521394
So far so good, we haven't hit our peak capacity yet.

#11038 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

You can shoot the virus. Need excellent aim though.

#11039 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You have no problem. Can we know why?

You have a problem. Same question. Can we know why?

Let me take a stab at this. The news department at Fox still has some good journalists in it. Chris Wallace’s Sunday show is excellent viewing. Fox definitely lost a good journalist when Shepherd Smith left. CNN has Jake Tapper and Jim Acosta who have been trashed by some folks, but they are very good at their jobs. The best cable news, and TV news viewing in general are the Sunday morning shows. If you just watched a sampling of those, you’d be super well informed.

#11040 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

the photo is from a stream of live coverage of the michigan rally, and a particular gang contingent that was blocking traffic. A good photo doesn't need to also be an infographic explaining what everything is.

Yeah, well, you would not last very long as True Crime photographer. If you are going to tell a blood and guts story I want to see some blood and guts. You speak of an ambulance being blocked. So where is the ambulance?

#11042 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I like Alex Jones, I think he’s bat shit crazy but he tells a good story. He’s got conviction in his beliefs and doesn’t hold back. I put him in the same category of people as Ben Shapiro. I totally disagree with their ideas, but I’ll let them talk. I know that they won’t indoctrinate me into their cult of belief. But that’s their opinion, and they stand by it.

Where I lost it with Alex Jones was when comedian Chris Rock was making some sort of comeback performance. I watched some of Rock's performance, but not all of it.

A couple of days later, I stumble on to AJ trying to drum up some point about Rock and how Rock was a blah blah blah. AJ lifted just some of Rock's performance, and used that tidbit to shade and slant things in an effort to do whatever it was he was trying to do. Since I saw that part of Rock's performance, I saw what was missing and saw AJ to be a bold faced lier. I was glad youtube gave him the boot.

#11043 4 years ago

Apparently hospitals in Ontario are fine. The nursing homes are being hit very badly. There seems to be a plan to transfer hospital workers to help at nursing homes. Over half of the deaths in Canada are attributed to senior care facility residences.

#11044 4 years ago

Oh good lord! New rule at work. Every hour all associates must wash their hands and sign off on a chart now. It also states a manager or department lead needs to watch to make sure they are doing it.

#11045 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I tell people that I don’t fear anything in life, but there are many things I’m very cautious about.
I don’t fear from covid-19
I don’t fear from Public shootings
I don’t fear from my government
I don’t fear from local crime
I don’t fear from terrorists
I am afraid of gun carrying Americans when they suddenly realize that Canada has most of the fresh water in the world, and they decide to take it.

LOL, thinking most of the fresh water is literally in the possession of Canadians vs lakes, streams and rivers.

#11046 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I disagree. While I like diversity of thought and in the earlier days watched some stuff on youtube, there are too many news caster wannabe's trying to make a name for theirselves. I don't do Facebook but put FB in with the YT crowd. All you need is a web cam and a backdrop and ---POOF---you are newscaster. Any body can be one.
Now the questions is: How do you vet these people? What is their agenda? I'll leave you with Alex Jones and the line of trash he tries to peddle.

Your right...most are on on CNN, MSNBC, or they sound off on the garbage NPR puts out....and for the record I'm not a fan of Alex Jones

#11047 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh good lord! New rule at work. Every hour all associates must wash their hands and sign off on a chart now. It also states a manager or department lead needs to watch to make sure they are doing it.

I feel sorry for you. But I can understand. If management wants the employees to be serious about this stuff, then management has to display that it is also serious about it. Whether it will do any good is the question.

#11048 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, well, you would not last very long as True Crime photographer. If you are going to tell a blood and guts story I want to see some blood and guts. You speak of an ambulance being blocked. So where is the ambulance?

Just go google coverage of the protests, we're already too far away from the topic at hand. If you really want, PM me and I'll send you links.

#11049 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your right...most are on on CNN, MSNBC, or they sound off on the garbage NPR puts out....and for the record I'm not a fan of Alex Jones

Well, we agree about Jones.

#11050 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Phase 4: Take proper precautions when acquiring pinball games and related game room items. As I did yesterday.

0A905B38-71B5-4EA5-A2CB-9DD04AA9B3AE (resized).jpeg0A905B38-71B5-4EA5-A2CB-9DD04AA9B3AE (resized).jpegCD0BFD99-FE0D-4F94-B95C-4B60E0B5718C (resized).jpegCD0BFD99-FE0D-4F94-B95C-4B60E0B5718C (resized).jpeg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/221?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.