272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 576.
#10901 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This will end well.....[quoted image]

This time it's happening globally not just in one country, the hope is that inflation will be minimal.

#10902 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Last week I heard a guy on the radio complaining that he could not go out and play golf because the Govenor closed all the golf courses. He also said he was LAID OFF. I wonder how he plans to pay his bills, buy food, when he spends his unemployment check on green fees and cart rental.

How do you know what his financial situation is? I've had to lay off all but one of my staff at the golf course I run out in Washington state. The one staff member that I didn't lay off is the only one that depends on the job to support himself. The rest of my staff is retired and they are working there to help me out and get some free golf. Not one of them needs the money. But they would be able to say they were laid off. And they wouldn't have a lick of trouble paying any of their bills.

#10903 4 years ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/another-5-million-people-filed-jobless-claims-last-week-bringing-n1185056?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR31dyryoAymkzB4eiu1nqmFtBCsLovyDSkjotvQDL2JCsm1hgYPBUYDyrc

Another 5 million people filed jobless claims last week, bringing total to almost 22 million in one month.

There are approximately 163 million jobs in America. CNBC reports that economists have estimated that there could be 47 million jobs lost, taking unemployment up to 32%.

#10904 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Another 5 million people filed jobless claims last week, bringing total to almost 22 million in one month.

Glad I got in early on that.

Yesterday, a young lady working as a checker at a local market was not wearing a mask. She said she normally works as a waitress so she gets exposed to everything anyway. I love that girl's spirit.

#10905 4 years ago

That makes no sense. Infect the kids. Where do the kids go to get better? Oh that's right, back home where he even says in his piece they are often cared for by older individuals who are at higher risk.

#10906 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yesterday, a young lady working as a checker at a local market was not wearing a mask. She said she normally works as a waitress so she gets exposed to everything anyway. I love that girl's spirit.

So what she's doing is potentially spreading it to everybody else at the local market. That's a big part of the problem. People don't think things through all of the potential repercussions. There's a learning curve for everyone. A month ago there were things I was doing where it would never have occurred to me that I was endangering myself or someone else. Once it was pointed out, it made sense.

#10907 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

So what she's doing is potentially spreading it to everybody else at the local market.

This is a small Grocery Outlet in the neighborhood. I told my buddy before we went in if we could survive the ghetto market, we could survive anything.

Once inside there were hardly any people and it felt like a true safe zone. Loaded with groceries.

The virus has been so rare in these parts, that not many seem worried or are having a care in the world. But most are heeding the stay at home order and keeping their distance. And you can always go to the other checkers that are wearing masks.

#10908 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/another-5-million-people-filed-jobless-claims-last-week-bringing-n1185056?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR31dyryoAymkzB4eiu1nqmFtBCsLovyDSkjotvQDL2JCsm1hgYPBUYDyrc
There are approximately 163 million jobs in America. CNBC reports that economists have estimated that there could be 47 million jobs lost, taking unemployment up to 32%.

Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, me too.

The unemployment rate at the height of the great depression was 24.9%

We are currently at 18% unemployment, and several outlets have reported that estimates will reach over 30%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2020/04/16/us-unemployment-rate-numbers-claims-this-week-total/amp/

#10909 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yeah, me too.
The unemployment rate at the height of the great depression was 24.9%
We are currently at 18% unemployment, and several outlets have reported that estimates will reach over 30%.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2020/04/16/us-unemployment-rate-numbers-claims-this-week-total/amp/

Right there is why I won't be buying a NIB pin any time soon. I've been tempted over the weeks but feel its more important to just keep saving and appreciate what ya got during this time as who knows what's going to happen with the economy. Things are going to start opening back up in some capacity come May but the effects on the economy are going to last for months to come. It may take 6 months, a year, or maybe even longer before we see consumer spending return to levels prior to the pandemic.

#10910 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

No, no, I don't eat them, I use them for toilet paper.
Sorry for the confusion.

Gawd, I hope you don’t put them back in the box labelled “chocolate-frosted”!

#10911 4 years ago

And we got super hammered last night and made it thru Mannix. Couldn't play pinball for shit though.

Did I mention both a Fantasy Burger and a Little Caesars pizza?

That is one tasty burger.

#10912 4 years ago

They're delicious

20200416_152606 (resized).jpg20200416_152606 (resized).jpg
#10913 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Don’t know if this has been covered but more stimulus money may be coming...$2000 a month +$500/per child for 6 months for some.
https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-would-receive-2000-a-month-under-house-democrats-plan-2020-4?amp

Similar to what we are doing in Canada. A decent plan.

#10914 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Billionaire wealth increases last week:

Jeff Bezos: +$6.8B

Mark Zuckerberg: +$6.2B

Warren Buffett: +$5B

Elon Musk: +$4.2B

Larry Ellison: +$4B

Larry Page: +$3.6B

Bill Gates: +$3.6B

10 Billionaires Gained $51 Billion This Week As Markets Edged Up From The Stock Crash
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2020/04/11/billionaire-gainers-ortega-bezos-buffett/amp/

#10915 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

How is Jimmy making out?

#10916 4 years ago

Enterprising young man makes mask using old shorts! What an inspiration for us all!
https://twitter.com/moby_dickhead/status/1250567120032878592?s=19

IMG_20200416_160905 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160905 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160903 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160903 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_160908 (resized).jpg
#10917 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How is Jimmy making out?

Three cheeseburgers. A great day!

#10918 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Billionaire wealth increases last week:
Jeff Bezos: +$6.8B
Mark Zuckerberg: +$6.2B
Elon Musk: +$4.2B
Larry Ellison: +$4B
Larry Page: +$3.6B
Bill Gates: +$3.6B
10 Billionaires Gained $51 Billion This Week As Markets Edged Up From The Stock Crash
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2020/04/11/billionaire-gainers-ortega-bezos-buffett/amp/

Those arent net gains.

#10919 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Enterprising young man makes mask using old shorts! What an inspiration for us all!

My mask is an old Quicksilver long sleeve t shirt wrapped around with the sleeves tied behind my head if it ever comes to that.

I think most of us here were already exposed last year and immune to the shit. The numbers seem to back that up. The weather is doing the rest. The 2+ month vacation is just a bonus.

#10920 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

https://twitter.com/moby_dickhead/status/1250567120032878592?s=19[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But now his breath smell like shit.

#10922 4 years ago

I can see a big turnaround in the population of Ca. in the future. Those that move out because they want to work and need money, and those that move here because they want to live.

#10923 4 years ago

Although stock market history isn't a predictor of future performance, we have seen more than a few of these "fake rallies" precede the true bottom which came months later.

Hard to believe we've already hit that point yet. Shocks of this magnitude usually take 5-ish years to recover from. Might not see DIJA top 30,000 until late 2025.

Just speculation, but if the numbers they are throwing out are an indication, whoo... gonna be a bit of a climb ahead.

#10924 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That makes no sense. Infect the kids. Where do the kids go to get better? Oh that's right, back home where he even says in his piece they are often cared for by older individuals who are at higher risk.

Yea not sure what he's suggesting for that. It does seem that any attempt to reopen before a vaccine is available is going to require quarantining those who are at-risk and still susceptible to the virus, while others restart the economy. If we can prove recovered people are immune in the short term, those people could tend to the at-risk population while things restart.

#10925 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

It’s no surprise to me considering the fact that approximately 90% of those who believe WWE ‘rasslin is real are also you know who’s most staunch supporters.. lol

Speaking of WWE/WWF, Announcer & first employee Howard Finkel passed away today at 69 years of age...

#10926 4 years ago

And please excuse me if I don't seem as worried as many are.

I really tied one on last night.

#10927 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Greater than 120 proof? You're likely going to be fine (health-wise, well aside from the drinking).

#10928 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't need to excuse your common sense, many have lost theirs and will be afraid of their shadow for along time.

#10929 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Greater than 120 proof? You're likely going to be fine (health-wise, well aside from the drinking).

Started out with Pacificos in the afternoon, and moved onto some of those really strong Stone IPAs around dusk. By 2:00 AM when Mannix came on, I was flying high in the garage with my usual Jacks and a shot of Coke.

Thinking it is about time to whip up some breakfast. I am literally running on fumes now. There won't be any work on the fence today. Perhaps.

#10930 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't need to excuse your common sense, many have lost theirs and will be afraid of their shadow for along time.

Well said

#10931 4 years ago

Only thing I was worried about was running out of Jack Daniels or Mexican Coke. My buddy told me the Coke was now extinct and I would have to suffer with high fructose corn syrup from now on. That's the shit that will give you a hangover to no end.

However, Smart and Final has both at a comparable price to Costco, but without all the idiots waiting in line.

#10932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Only thing I was worried about was running out of Jack Daniels or Mexican Coke. My buddy told me the Coke was now extinct and I would have to suffer with high fructose corn syrup from now on. That's the shit that will give you a hangover to no end.
However, Smart and Final has both at a comparable price to Costco, but without all the idiots waiting in line.

Only the finest mexican coke for Odin

#10933 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Only the finest mexican coke for Odin

Yes, I gave up high fructose corn syrup a long time ago, and my body has been thanking me ever since.

Whoever is in charge of that stuff in the USA made an epic fail.

#10934 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

They're delicious

Those look good, but the best Cinnamon roll I ever had, hell the best food I’ve ever had was a Cinnamon roll at Cinnamon Roll Place in Maui

It’s like $45 for (6) with the extra icing
They were amazing. Moist throughout.
B04DB382-5666-4C9C-90CC-B73F7046D312 (resized).jpegB04DB382-5666-4C9C-90CC-B73F7046D312 (resized).jpeg

#10935 4 years ago

Why does the USA have more sick people than anywhere else in the world?

One guess.

4fa428296bb3f76924000010 (resized).jpg4fa428296bb3f76924000010 (resized).jpg
#10936 4 years ago

Here’s some interesting news on Remdesivir. It’s still not the final read out of the study, but seems like the anecdotal is strong. Fingers crossed we keep getting positive results. If you’ve got Gilead stock, it’s a pretty good time to sell. They just got a big bump.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

Update: Even if the study reads out well in May, they’ll only have about 500,000 doses by October so it can only be used on a small number of patients. This means we’ll still need a combo of testing and contract tracing. This just reduces mortality. Also, checked clintrials.gov and there is no placebo arms, so *shrugs shoulders*

https://www.gilead.com/purpose/advancing-global-health/covid-19/working-to-supply-remdesivir-for-covid-19

#10937 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One guess.[quoted image]

thank god Pepsi and Mountian Dew are not on your list.

#10938 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

thank god Pepsi and Mountian Dew are not on your list.

You buy the regular shit it's all HFCS. At least it was until recently. You have to look at the label or buy the special mix to get the real deal.

I remember A+W was the last to change over, but that was back in the 80s.

A buddy of mine who was a picture of real good health, had his insides turned inside and out and had a bleeding ulcer until he figured out it was happening because of drinking fountain sodas which contained that poison.

#10939 4 years ago

Tell me something I already don't know. Sooner or later the TRUTH will come out.
"Growing belief that coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab, sources say"
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-likely-originated-in-wuhan-lab-sources-say?fbclid

#10940 4 years ago

Well, I've been called back to work starting 4/27. I'm a government subcontractor so maybe that is a clue that Maryland will start to open back up and possibly other states?

#10941 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One guess.[quoted image]

Motrin tablets have High Fructose Corn Syrup??

#10942 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Tell me something I already don't know. Sooner or later the TRUTH will come out.
"Growing belief that coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab, sources say"
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-likely-originated-in-wuhan-lab-sources-say?fbclid

Fox News? I'd believe it if it were from Reuters and AP. Maybe also Guardian, NYT, Economist. But Fox is primarily an "entertainment network" like MSNBC.

#10943 4 years ago

Neighbor 1 is playing his shitty music on his DJ amp in the backyard again. Neighbor 2’s dogs are going crazy. Has a man got to die to get some peace and quiet? I can’t wait until it’s too damned hot for anyone to be outside again.

#10944 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Neighbor 1 is playing his shitty music on his DJ amp in the backyard again. Neighbor 2’s dogs are going crazy. Has a man got to die to get some peace and quiet? I can’t wait until it’s too damned hot for anyone to be outside again.

Call the cops

#10945 4 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Motrin tablets have High Fructose Corn Syrup??

No idea. But almost anything in the USA that has been sweetened that doesn't specially say otherwise, it is now HFCS. Only country in the world I know of that uses it There has been some resistance, but it has slowly replaced everything that used to contain real cane sugar, that really isn't that good for you either, but this is much worse.

The reason we use so much corn syrup instead of sugar is that it's cheaper for food makers. It's cheaper because tax payers pay for it to be cheaper to “protect” a native industry.

https://www.health.com/nutrition/high-fructose-corn-syrup-video

#10946 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Call the cops

I usually like to hold That for the bad stuff. For regular complaints, I choose ignoring them unless they really impact me. My neighbors have elephants, and the elephants are out of school from this. And I’m working from home, so I hear the herd of elephants quite a bit. For some reason elephants run upstairs with logs in their trunks 30 times a day (who knew). However I realize my neighbor didn’t intend for those elephants to be running around right now, and I didn’t intend to be home so much. I haven’t said a word to them about it, because if it’s bad in my place, I can’t imagine how noisy it is over there.

#10947 4 years ago

All in-person businesses across Pennsylvania must REQUIRE all employees & customers to wear face masks or facial coverings, per a new order issued by state officials on Wednesday. It goes into effect at 8 p.m. on Sunday, April 19.

https://wpst.com/customers-employees-must-wear-face-masks-at-all-businesses-in-pennsylvania/?fbclid

#10948 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I usually like to hold That for the bad stuff. For regular complaints, I choose ignoring them unless they really impact me. My neighbors have elephants, and the elephants are out of school from this. And I’m working from home, so I hear the herd of elephants quite a bit. For some reason elephants run upstairs with logs in their trunks 30 times a day (who knew). However I realize my neighbor didn’t intend for those elephants to be running around right now, and I didn’t intend to be home so much. I haven’t said a word to them about it, because if it’s bad in my place, I can’t imagine how noisy it is over there.

#10949 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Fox News? I'd believe it if it were from Reuters and AP. Maybe also Guardian, NYT, Economist. But Fox is primarily an "entertainment network" like MSNBC.

CNN was reporting the same thing this afternoon

#10950 4 years ago

I think it’s taking time for people to realize that the mask is not for them, but for everyone else. My son didn’t understand why I wanted him to wear a mask to come and visit us. He works at Panera Bread, and has been doing delivery and getting cash tips. Which is great for him, but he’s at high risk of exposure. Asymptomatic transmission is what’s going to keep this going.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/219?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.