272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 576.
#10751 3 years ago

Or you could receive a 880$ fine from a by-law officer for taking your 3 sons roller blading in an empty parking lot in Oakville. For reference they all live under the same roof but being outside together violates social distancing.

#10752 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed, there is a thin line between social distancing/staying at home and being a police state. Now with states giving out fines and threatening to put people in jail we are going to see wide spread protests. The more the local government push the more people will push back. As I said before, we have to find a happy medium. No matter what they do it is still going to spread. This was to slow the curve not stop it. We can't stop it unless we either have a vaccine or heard immunity.

Not sure how it is in your neck of the Woods. People down here have learned social distancing and practice it daily.
My Daughter is actually wearing one of the N-95 masks, this is not like her. As a Grandparent I have embraced lockdown so I can visit with my Granddaughter. The relatively small amount of cases here are a direct result of neighbors heeding the warnings.
I will tell you now, the young crowd are going to rebel, and rebel hard against the limitations of freedoms.
They have digested the current information, calculated their odds, employees safe practices and are ready to break the shutdown.
May 1st. May Day. That is when it is coming and it is so profound.

#10753 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just wanted to chime in that the only road to herd immunity is through vaccination.
The British strategy of "herd immunity" (it was bounced around for a week or two there by the highest ups) was actually "just let everyone get it". Thank goodness they changed tactics.

Yeah from those few articles about people getting it a second time and it re-flaring in some I'm beginning to think so also.
Now the scary question is. What if they can't make a vaccine?

#10754 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Is toilet paper still unavailable everywhere?

No, my wife went shopping yesterday and was able to score some double ply.
First time in two weeks I've been able to wipe my butt with stuff thats not scratchy.
Life's good.

#10755 3 years ago
CE3A0380-0E96-4D47-9DEC-10134E89EED5 (resized).jpegCE3A0380-0E96-4D47-9DEC-10134E89EED5 (resized).jpeg
#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah from those few articles about people getting it a second time and it re-flaring in some I'm beginning to think so also.
Now the scary question is. What if they can't make a vaccine?

They have tried forever to rectify the common cold ( a coronavirus).
Its like those here waiting for the latest Code on a pinball machine. Don't accept the early version, wait..

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:They have tried forever to rectify the common cold ( a coronavirus).
Its like those here waiting for the latest Code on a pinball machine. Don't accept the early version, wait..

A little reading for those interested.
We can learn from our 4 legged friends.
https://www.sheltermedicine.com/library/resources/?r=feline-infectious-peritonitis-feline-coronavirus-fip-fcov

#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

We already know how you feel, you make it obvious.

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Expect more push back against Authority, Civil Disobedience and rogue Openings.
The Nursing Homes are going to be hit hard.
Young people are Over It.

Are they going to attack nursing homes?

What is it with the random capitalizations? Is that a writing style of the movement?

#10760 3 years ago
The WHO (resized).pngThe WHO (resized).png
#10761 3 years ago

Lol!

Screenshot_20200415-232634~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200415-232634~2 (resized).png
#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Are they going to attack nursing homes?
What is it with the random capitalizations? Is that a writing style of the movement?

Don't sweat the small things. I mean, who really cares besides you? I like random capitalizations.

#10763 3 years ago

The one good thing about this shut-in is sleep. Don't know if you all enjoy dreams but if you don't you're missing out.
Good night, and carry on.

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not sure how it is in your neck of the Woods. People down here have learned social distancing and practice it daily.
My Daughter is actually wearing one of the N-95 masks, this is not like her. As a Grandparent I have embraced lockdown so I can visit with my Granddaughter. The relatively small amount of cases here are a direct result of neighbors heeding the warnings.
I will tell you now, the young crowd are going to rebel, and rebel hard against the limitations of freedoms.
They have digested the current information, calculated their odds, employees safe practices and are ready to break the shutdown.
May 1st. May Day. That is when it is coming and it is so profound.

Just the young people eh? Seems you are underestimating freedom loving American patriots such as myself.

#10765 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What if they can't make a vaccine?

Already many in the trial phase, and each attacks it differently. We got this. Test Kits that are easier and more accurate are coming. The problem is it takes time. Took 2 weeks to get the Charmin supply on tract, so ramping up production on these will take time too.

Moderation is the key. I live in the middle of the most populated state, 40 million people, and our numbers should be the standard. Governor and mayor have done a very good job so far. The opening will be the hard part.

#10766 3 years ago

For those interested in clinical trials against Covid, here is an interesting survey on what's is currently being tested, and how fast it is changing.
https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8247/13/4/65

"As of March 28, 202 clinical trials could be retrieved with the search term “COVID-19” in the database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. The number jumped to 388 as of April 8. Among these trials are:
- 7 studies involving human plasma;
- 11 studies involving traditional Chinese medicine (TMC);
- 14 studies involving stem cells, mostly mesenchymal stem cells;
- 16 studies involving dietary complements, including vitamin C, and honey;
- 27 studies dedicated to vaccines;
- 52 studies involving proteins, including commercially available monoclonal antibodies;
- 70 studies involving antiviral drugs;
- More than 100 studies involving other small molecules."

Plaquenil (= Hydroxychloroquine) and Aralen (Chloroquine) are included (alone or in combination) in 58 and 23 trials, respectively.
Beware: regarding Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine, "there is a huge confusion in the public, as well as among politicians and even some scientists, about those two molecules. That confusion ultimately led to people accidently overdosing"

#10767 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200416-013833~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200416-013833~2 (resized).png
#10768 3 years ago

My wife is growing about 30 tomato plants to basically give away. She thinks there will be a shortage of fruit and vegetables in the fall and wants to help/give them away to anyone who wants/needs them. We're also going to plant potatoes this year, which we never do. Our buddy just outside of town has 800+ acres and is offering anyone local a community garden for those who dont have space or can't physically.

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

LMAO just look at this. First, if you want to seriously protest physical distancing you should probably not do it from the safety of your cars if you're so damn confident.
Second, the photo of the people that did get out of their cars is just perfection, like something out of a LARP
Third, these idiots brought their kids with them to get infected
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/us/michigan-protest-coronavirus/index.html

Just what you need in a crisis , frustrated , angry , scared people walking around with assault rifles . I would feel so much safer .

IMG_20200416_185935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_185935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_185353 (resized).jpgIMG_20200416_185353 (resized).jpg
#10770 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just what you need in a crisis , frustrated , angry , scared people walking around with assault rifles . I would feel so much safer .

I agree: I'd think that would scare the shit out of normal human beings. I'm so glad that isn't allowed here in The Netherlands (or elsewhere in the EU).

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I agree: I'd think that would scare the shit out of normal human beings. I'm so glad that isn't allowed here in The Netherlands (or elsewhere in the EU).

Maybe they think you can shoot the virus . At least one of them has a face covering and gloves on . I can't think of any country where that would be allowed except third world , war torn countries .

#10772 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

For those who want the cliff notes version of the previous 10,000 plus posts in this thread, here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:
1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.
3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.
4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.
6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.
7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..
12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…
13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don't sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).
14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?
17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"
18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.
20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can't go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.
23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…
24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).
25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

What a useless post. Intelligent people will see the humor, naive people will disregard the warnings. I understand that no one really knows what’s going on, but I look at your post being very dismissive of the whole situation.

Let me try this out.
1) stairs always go upstairs, unless you need to use them to go down.
2) laundry always goes into the basket, unless it’s laundry day then it goes in the machine.
3) my car always drives flawlessly for hundreds of miles, until it runs out of gas.

Completely useless

#10773 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe they think you can shoot the virus . At least one of them has a face covering and gloves on . I can't think of any country where that would be allowed except third world , war torn countries .

Maybe not the virus itself, but those who they think are carrying it. Pretty scary...

#10774 3 years ago
FB_IMG_1586999284128 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1586999284128 (resized).jpg
#10775 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Or you could receive a 880$ fine from a by-law officer for taking your 3 sons roller blading in an empty parking lot in Oakville. For reference they all live under the same roof but being outside together violates social distancing.

With no one out driving around getting traffic tickets, gotta keep the revenue flowing somehow

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What a useless post. Intelligent people will see the humor, naive people will disregard the warnings. I understand that no one really knows what’s going on, but I look at your post being very dismissive of the whole situation.
Let me try this out.
2) laundry always goes into the basket, unless it’s laundry day then it goes in the machine.
3) my car always drives flawlessly for hundreds of miles, until it runs out of gas.
Completely useless

I found Blitz's post amusing and well put together and I'm not even intelligent .

Quoted from Tuukka:

Maybe not the virus itself, but those who they think are carrying it. Pretty scary...

I like to think they're just over reacting but it's scary they're allowed to walk the streets armed like that .

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

It will be scarier when a foreign military force invades the EU and everyone is just sitting ducks....waiting for the USA military to arrive. I’ve lived through some major hurricanes in Texas and now watching the virus tear through the world, and I’m here to tell you..ain’t no one coming to save you. When the shit hits the fan, we are all on our own. Having a gun your hand is better than a stick or some rocks.

#10778 3 years ago

It will be scarier when a foreign military force invades the EU and everyone is just sitting ducks....waiting for the USA military to arrive. I’ve lived through some major hurricanes in Texas and now watching the virus tear through the world, and I’m here to tell you..ain’t no one coming to save you. When the shit hits the fan, we are all on our own. Having a gun your hand is better than a stick or some rocks.

In most countries when the shit hits the fan that's when the people come together stronger than ever . This crisis should teach us we spend too much time and money trying to kill each other especially when mother nature can do a good job of it all by herself .

#10779 3 years ago

Let me try this out.
Completely useless

It’s not dismissive. Aren’t you getting frustrated about all the conflicting information over this thing?

Here is what I have surmised as briefly as I can state it:

1. Everyone is gonna get it
2. It’s a coin flip as to whether we live or die when it’s our turn
3. Social distancing is to save the health care system capacity, not people
4. Good luck!

#10780 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

In most countries when the shit hits the fan that's when the people come together stronger than ever . This crisis should teach us we spend too much time and money trying to kill each other especially when mother nature can do a good job of it all by herself .

“It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature!”

243093DC-25C9-4689-B7D6-236F7A6E6168 (resized).jpeg243093DC-25C9-4689-B7D6-236F7A6E6168 (resized).jpeg
#10781 3 years ago

It’s not dismissive. Aren’t you getting frustrated about all the conflicting information over this thing?
4. Good luck!

Now , I agree with all of that .

#10782 3 years ago

My Make-A-Wish covid-19 dream request:

A weekend rotordave ‘s place to play every system 11 game ever made. That would includethe first pinball that I ever bought and ended selling to dave, Road Kings.

#10783 3 years ago

4. Good luck!

Re: Point 3 - Social distancing saveS health care capacity which in turn saves people. If you go to a hospital that is over run, you won’t get optimal care and you may not be able to get necessary treatments like a respirator. That’s why they want to slow the spread.

#10784 3 years ago

DD31DE1E-8741-459C-B561-81E82E68736B (resized).jpegDD31DE1E-8741-459C-B561-81E82E68736B (resized).jpeg

#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I found Blitz's post amusing and well put together and I'm not even intelligent .

I like to think they're just over reacting but it's scary they're allowed to walk the streets armed like that .

I’ve never seen anyone in my life walking around the streets like that, you’ll see it on TV occasionally when there’s gun rights protests or something, lol.

#10786 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Re: Point 3 - Social distancing saveS health care capacity which in turn saves people. If you go to a hospital that is over run, you won’t get optimal care and you may not be able to get necessary treatments like a respirator. That’s why they want to slow the spread.

What about the people who have had good health care and have still died ,Blitz is right it is 50 /50 if you survive or not

#10787 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve never seen anyone in my life walking around the streets like that, you’ll see it on TV occasionally when there’s gun rights protests or something, lol.

I've seen a few times on the news . There were racial tension somewhere last year when they were pulling down statues . I assume it's not like that in every state , just blows my mind seeing it .

#10788 3 years ago

Incompetence or grift? I suppose it doesn’t really matter because we are still going to be left in the lurch.

FEMA gave a 55 million dollar no-bid contract for N95 masks to a bankrupt company that does not possess or manufacture masks. Also has no employees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-trump-masks-contracts-prices/2020/04/15/9c186276-7f20-11ea-8de7-9fdff6d5d83e_story.html

#10789 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

it is 50 /50 if you survive or not

even the most inflated statistics are not anywhere near a 50% death rate... cmon now.

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about the people who have had good health care and have still died ,Blitz is right it is 50 /50 if you survive or not

If someone is in need of a respirator, they will almost 100% will die without it. But if they are put on one, they have a (50?)% chance to live. So if the hospital can’t put you on a respirator, that’s a 100% chance you will die. But if they have one available, you have a chance to live.

#10791 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/open-carry-states/

#10792 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

even the most inflated statistics are not anywhere near a 50% death rate... cmon now.

Maybe you should reread what he posted.

#10793 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Quoted from DaWezl:

If someone is in need of a respirator, they will almost 100% will die without it. But if they are put on one, they have a (50?)% chance to live. So if the hospital can’t put you on a respirator, that’s a 100% chance you will die. But if they have one available, you have a chance to live.

I heard if you need a respirator then you do have a 50/50 chance of dying but that's not what I'm talking about . Lots of healthy people have got it and died so if you get it who knows , you might survive you might not , to me that's 50 /50

#10794 3 years ago

4. Good luck!

There isn’t conflicting information from the medical community. If you only pay attention to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx everyone will be okay. It’s when we take cues from folks that aren’t using medicine as their guiding light that the waters get muddied.

#10795 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Correct. It’s somewhere between 2 and 9%, depending on what stats that are quoted. And those stats are all over the place...kids and middle aged and old are all dying. Old at higher rates...but if you just think about you, yourself.

WHEN you get it, can you say for sure you won’t die from it? That a ventilator will be available for you? That you don’t get overlooked among 30 or 40 others laying in beds around you? That the hospital doesn’t run out of hydroxychlotinquine? That it affects your heart or your lungs? That’s why it’s 50/50 for anyone. There are too many variables to say “I only have a 2% chance of dying because that’s the death rate.”
DACA5506-63E4-4CCC-A54C-BDF389780323.gifDACA5506-63E4-4CCC-A54C-BDF389780323.gif

#10796 3 years ago

I’ve lived through some major hurricanes in Texas and now watching the virus tear through the world, and I’m here to tell you..ain’t no one coming to save you. When the shit hits the fan, we are all on our own. Having a gun your hand is better than a stick or some rocks.

Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, or a community thing, but I don’t see how a gun would help me or my neighbors in a disaster. I don’t fear people around me, and will help them out best I can. I’m not on my own, I know my neighbors.

4. Good luck!

I totally agree with the frustration, it’s just like any other news story, you have to sift through the static to find the signal. It takes time to find out correct answers. And we’re looking for correct answers not just ones that fulfill our personal needs.

#10797 3 years ago

My apology to everyone for the Mike Pence picture that I posted yesterday. Even though I was moderated for it, this public apology is my idea and sincere. I also voluntarily removed it.

Stay healthy everyone.

#10798 3 years ago

Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, or a community thing, but I don’t see how a gun would help me or my neighbors in a disaster. I don’t fear people around me, and will help them out best I can. I’m not on my own, I know my neighbors.

I totally agree with the frustration, it’s just like any other news story, you have to sift through the static to find the signal. It takes time to find out correct answers. And we’re looking for correct answers not just ones that fulfill our personal needs.

Not knowing what part of Canada you are in, having a gun is the same reason people who live in Alaska or deep wilderness leave their homes with a gun. Bears!!! The bears in the US are the criminals. And we are nation full of them.

Best correct answer....you get it, it’s a coin flip if you survive.

#10799 3 years ago

If you get it.

50% you won’t even know you have it. These are the ones spreading it around.
30% you’ll get the flu like symptoms. Some mild, some severe.
20% will need hospitals. These are the ones we’re trying to save.

I’ve read that this kills between 2%-9% of the overall infected population, so if your in the hospital group your outcome doesn’t look good about 50/50. If your placed on a ventilator then your chance of surviving is ~20%. (80% of people placed on ventilators still die) If your on a ventilator for more then 3 weeks then your at high risk of complications from the ventilator it self and your survival rate drops.

#10800 3 years ago

Now for some humor.

62FBE16D-BC92-4DBB-9013-6FD00F87DD2B (resized).jpeg62FBE16D-BC92-4DBB-9013-6FD00F87DD2B (resized).jpeg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.