272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 576.
#10701 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's also what comedians do and have been doing, stereotypes of groups, things, people and ideas have been comedy fodder for ages. For me, it's all about intent; most jokes are fun and not hateful. Racists and homophobes are gonna do what racists and homophobes do, and that includes a lot more than bad jokes.
No need to goto PM, if that explanation isn't good enough then we can simply disagree. I notice a bunch of your posts are later edited or flat out self-deleted; do you dislike your own jokes? I'm always disappointed I didn't get to see them when I run across the empty posts...

Up voted and good enough for me, Larry. And I agree especially the intent part. I just don't like hate of any kind and I want people to think and talk rather than point and giggle.
There are many reasons why I edit and delete. That's why Pinside has that tool and its widely used most. You got me, some of my impulsive jokes embarrass me after I see them hanging there. But I don't mind sharing anything with you so always feel free to ask.

#10702 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My buddy does specialized mortar restriking on vintage cobblestone homes. His company is forced closed. Now lets look at how their normal day is. 3 to 5 man crew, all wearing masks, none of them are working in the same area at a time. Again this is their NORMAL work day. The only thing they would need to change is not sit together for their lunch. So how the heck does keeping them out of business have anything to do with your scale??? This is just one example of many business that could run right now. There is a much greater chance of spreading this by going to a grocery store. This doesn't need to be an all nonessential businesses closed thing. We can do just as good with taking the middle ground.

Businesses that can keep distance should be allowed to operate.

But, if you try to allow that, you'll have bunches of businesses that try to cheat and reopen without proper spacing, or without the ability to provide spacing. So you have to regulate who can reopen, and regulation takes time and effort and money and people don't like it.

So how do we get businesses like your buddy's back up without opening the floodgates for everyone? This is the problem governments of all levels have to resolve.

#10703 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Guess who stopped carrying a cell phone since the first shelter-in-place orders.. May your chains rest lightly as you don the number of the beast.

666 the number of the beast! ..iron maiden

#10704 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All you bleeding heart liberals are the same...I only have one thing to say "Make America Great Again"

Here ya go. What ever happened to this?

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

Answer: It has been replaced by " The Buck stops everywhere but here."

#10705 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My buddy does specialized mortar restriking on vintage cobblestone homes. His company is forced closed. Now lets look at how their normal day is. 3 to 5 man crew, all wearing masks, none of them are working in the same area at a time. Again this is their NORMAL work day. The only thing they would need to change is not sit together for their lunch. So how the heck does keeping them out of business have anything to do with your scale??? This is just one example of many business that could run right now. There is a much greater chance of spreading this by going to a grocery store. This doesn't need to be an all nonessential businesses closed thing. We can do just as good with taking the middle ground.

I agree it seems a "little crazy" for some of the businesses that are closed to be closed but you also have to consider those guys typically would be stopping somewhere for lunch, heading into a public place to use the bathroom, etc. So in a way everything that is open adds to the number of people out in public and that increases the risk.

The one that got me the other day is Wal-Mart having the gardening section closed? I was looking to buy some tomato plants & other stuff for our garden so I wouldn't have to depend on going to the stores for that stuff over the summer and can't buy starter plants? Thankfully Home Depot has some outside their garden area I was able to load into a cart and take inside to purchase.

In any event I don't think there is a "perfect way" to handle any of this mess but I do think if we all do our best to do all we can to slow the spread of this down we will all be better off in the end. CRAZY TIMES FOR SURE!

#10706 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Businesses that can keep distance should be allowed to operate.
But, if you try to allow that, you'll have bunches of businesses that try to cheat and reopen without proper spacing, or without the ability to provide spacing. So you have to regulate who can reopen, and regulation takes time and effort and money and people don't like it.
So how do we get businesses like your buddy's back up without opening the floodgates for everyone? This is the problem governments of all levels have to resolve.

This. I like where your thought train is going arcademojo but unfortunately I am not aware of any level of government that has really built out the middle way train tracks yet.

Heck, the “essential businesses” side of things has been an inconsistent mess as the individual states muddle through it.

#10707 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think this is really important considering how man of us wince (myself included) at the thoughts of wet markets.
Someone reminded me how much of chlorine dioxide baths play a role in North American chicken production.

Clorine Dioxide:

https://www.chemicalsafetyfacts.org/chlorine-dioxide/

" When added to drinking water, it helps destroy bacteria, viruses and some types of parasites that can make people sick...

" Food and Beverage Production
Chlorine dioxide can be used as an antimicrobial agent in water used in poultry processing and to wash fruits and vegetables...

" Chlorine dioxide is used to disinfect drinking water around the world...

#10708 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are you then?

I am a moderate. Give it a try.

#10709 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I am a moderate. Give it a try.

So you’re the one.

#10710 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Last Friday, I had to go to the vet for some medicine for the dog. We use a vet in a small town because he is who we like. I walked in with my mask and and felt like an out-of-place fool. I used to live in this small town when I was a kid so I drove around a little bit basking in the memories. It was lunch time and a crew doing some work on a house were sitting at a picnic table elbow to elbow and facing the guys on the other side of the table. No masks. No nothing. I'm sure they think they are invincible. And that is all it takes for a flare up.

#10711 3 years ago

I'm blue collar was what I meant.
Lean slightly left sure but open to what's best for everyone.

#10712 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Heck, the “essential businesses” side of things has been an inconsistent mess as the individual states muddle through it.

You ain't kidding.

#10713 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

pro sports going to start thinking outside the box[quoted image]

Done for pay per view - subscription TV

deat race (resized).jpgdeat race (resized).jpg
#10714 3 years ago

For those who want the cliff notes version of the previous 10,000 plus posts in this thread, here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don't sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can't go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

#10715 3 years ago

Is toilet paper still unavailable everywhere?

#10716 3 years ago

All Downvote Hags, please, share your views. It is important, a simple down vote doesn't properly explain your disagreement.

#10717 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm blue collar was what I meant.
Lean slightly left sure but open to what's best for everyone.

I'm a blue collar Independent (registered Dem) that used to lean left that now leans right. I really dont give a shit what anyone is politically or religiously though especially on this forum because no matter what we are we all love pinball here so I don't come here with the intention to piss people off except for maybe a few assholes that I cant stand whether it would be on here or in real life either one. Some people I just dont fucking like period.

I actually have a few friends that are strong liberals and I normally wouldn't want to even hang out with people that believe the way that they do but pinball brought us together and they are really nice people and we enjoy each others company even outside of playing pinball. Now if they were the kind of people who got butt hurt when we talk politics I wouldn't hang out with them but we even laugh and have fun when politics comes up. We just tell each other how f*cked up we are and laugh about it and go play some more pinball. Theres never once been a heated argument over politics and if there ever is then I just wont hang out with them anymore, to it's that simple. I dont suspect that will ever happen though.

I never thought I would say this but some of my best friends are liberals.

#10718 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I got a six-pack the other day and felt damn lucky. They didn't even stock it, just brought it out on a cart

#10719 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I got a six-pack the other day and felt damn lucky. They didn't even stock it, just brought it out on a cart

I was at a store yesterday doing my monthly shopping. Only some single rolls.

#10720 3 years ago

Shortages seem to have ended in our area for everything except for yeast, that's still tough to find. Decided to improvise and got something called instant yeast off Amazon, will have to put it to the bread test soon.

#10721 3 years ago

LMAO just look at this. First, if you want to seriously protest physical distancing you should probably not do it from the safety of your cars if you're so damn confident.
Second, the photo of the people that did get out of their cars is just perfection, like something out of a LARP
Third, these idiots brought their kids with them to get infected
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/us/michigan-protest-coronavirus/index.html

#10722 3 years ago

My wife got a 24 pack at Miejer so we are good.

#10723 3 years ago

Big time shortage in Ohio still. I might have to drive to where I work at just to take a sh*t here pretty soon. My co workers will be like "hey what are you doing in here"? "Nothing guys, just need to take a crap".

#10724 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

All Downvote Hags, please, share your views. It is important, a simple down vote doesn't properly explain your disagreement.

A downvote is my concise way of saying “nope, I disagree”, or perhaps I just don’t feel like arguing with people like you on the internet.

#10725 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Shortages seem to have ended in our area for everything except for yeast, that's still tough to find. Decided to improvise and got something called instant yeast off Amazon, will have to put it to the bread test soon.

Yeast takes time, not a hot item till recently, small stock.
Interesting...

#10726 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

#10727 3 years ago

These Ohio protesters seem like nice people.

7E33B64E-3FEA-43A2-B828-5E44D93366AC (resized).jpeg7E33B64E-3FEA-43A2-B828-5E44D93366AC (resized).jpeg
#10728 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

LMAO just look at this. First, if you want to seriously protest physical distancing you should probably not do it from the safety of your cars if you're so damn confident.
Second, the photo of the people that did get out of their cars is just perfection, like something out of a LARP https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/us/michigan-protest-coronavirus/index.html

Don't critizize the protest in Michigan, it's the start of a Revolution.
Pay attention, this is how these things start.
These are my guys.

#10729 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

I will give you one thing, you are diligent. Thats a good thing, please continue.

#10730 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A downvote is my concise way of saying “nope, I disagree”, or perhaps I just don’t feel like arguing with people like you on the internet.

I agree.

#10731 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

For those who want the cliff notes version of the previous 10,000 plus posts in this thread, here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:
1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.
3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.
4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.
6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.
7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..
12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…
13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don't sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).
14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?
17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"
18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.
20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can't go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.
23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…
24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).
25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

No mention of the Tiger King??

#10732 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:I'm a blue collar Independent (registered Dem) that used to lean left that now leans right.

LOL, Same here exactly.

#10733 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not into politics, but there is always something I've wanted to ask you...and I would bet I'm not the only one, so I will do it here:

What beer(s) are your go-to's, and how many do you drink a day?

#10734 3 years ago

Those like my relatives who go out everyday because they are essential employees have little sympathy for shutting down everything else. People have been following the rules, but during this have learned a lot about the current pandemic.
This is wide open Country, sparse population of well educated people.
We really haven't been affected as bad as New York or New Orleans or Atlanta.
Yes, a new hot spot will develop in the following weeks. People will respond. The young people I spoke with simply said they will not live in fear.
Expect more push back against Authority, Civil Disobedience and rogue Openings.
The Nursing Homes are going to be hit hard.
Young people are Over It.

#10735 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

When I'm at work I only have two 15 minute breaks so I only have time to replay to maybe one of the many, many posts during the daytime. So just give a quick up or down vote. Down vote meaning I disagree or up vote meaning I agree. Also don't have time to look at what I had posted to see if it was down voted or up voted and once the page flips it's buried history so not going back. And you guys do run a crap load of posts when I'm working. I've had to skip entire pages to try to follow along. LOL

#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Don't critizize the protest in Michigan, it's the start of a Revolution.
Pay attention, this is how these things start.
These are my guys.

#10737 3 years ago

I couldn't find any today. I have plenty as well as a bidet, but I'm a bit alarmed at the consistent lack of stock over the last month. I did find some nasty looking 1-ply TP at Walmart a week ago, but I'm really desperate if I'm using that.

I scored some wheat flour and yeast at Wal-Mart. That was a nice surprise. Picked up some bacon and sausage at Sams. Folks were hitting those items pretty hard.

I can find almost everything on my shopping list, but I have to visit multiple stores to do it. I've got N95s and wear eye protection, but it still sucks.

#10738 3 years ago

Richard Scarry aesthetic
IMG_20200415_215051.jpgIMG_20200415_215051.jpg

#10739 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not into politics, but there is always something I've wanted to ask you...and I would bet I'm not the only one, so I will do it here:
What beer(s) are your go-to's, and how many do you drink a day?

Depends on the day. I work for a brewery, so there is rarely a day where I do not consume beer. Today I had two. We have new products coming out pretty much weekly for the next month or so, so today I had two beers straight from a fermenter right after it had finished crashing, the freshest beer possible, an absolutely wonderful German-style lager. If we would not be in the middle of this crisis it would have been a different story. We are limiting the time non production employees are allowed in our brewing facility. Normally there would have been about 15 of us crushing brews in the brew house. Instead it was me and one other sales rep, and a couple of the brewers all standing a safe distance apart under a 120 barrel fermenter, all longing for the day when we can cut loose again. We are party people in an industry that thrives on good times and social interaction, and this is killing us right now.

#10740 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Big time shortage in Ohio still. I might have to drive to where I work at just to take a sh*t here pretty soon. My co workers will be like "hey what are you doing in here"? "Nothing guys, just need to take a crap".

North Carolina is the home of Pulp Mills. Kimberly Clark is a local Company/ you want toilet paper, NC is your place.

#10741 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Those like my relatives who go out everyday because they are essential employees have little sympathy for shutting down everything else. People have been following the rules, but during this have learned a lot about the current pandemic.
Yes, a new hot spot will develop in the following weeks. People will respond. The young people I spoke with simply said they will not live in fear.
Expect more push back against Authority, Civil Disobedience and rogue Openings.
The Nursing Homes are going to be hit hard.
Young people are Over It.

When they started closing off items like plants and seeds at Lowes and Home Depot that was my line in the sand. If you want people to stay home then let them have something to do. It's spring everyone wants to be outside working in their yards, social distancing by them selves. planting flowers coronavirus be damnd or not. When I drove an hour one way today to pick up my trees. Everyone was being patient, polite and keeping distance from others.

#10742 3 years ago

I see the shocked emoji, now tell me why. Lazy.

#10743 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

When they started closing off items like plants and seeds at Lowes and Home Depot that was my line in the sand. If you want people to stay home then let them have something to do. It's spring everyone wants to be outside working in their yards, social distancing by them selves. planting flowers coronavirus be damnd or not. When I drove an hour one way today to pick up my trees. Everyone was being patient, polite and keeping distance from others.

It is incremental. just to see what people will accept. Don't accept it, time to take a hard turn back to Constitutional Rights.

#10744 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It is incremental. just to see what people will accept. Don't accept it, time to take a hard turn back to Constitutional Rights.

heckuva time to start caring about your constitution!

#10745 3 years ago

Michigan people are bad ass! A lot of important Protests throughout History originated in Michigan.
Watch this State.
I miss my friend Ron from Detroit, a true Survivor. The Midland Mafia, not so much.
Michigan is a Southern State in the middle of the Great Lakes. I met so many cool people from there.

#10746 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No mention of the Tiger King??

Fuck him

#10747 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

heckuva time to start caring about your constitution!

So far it hasn't been cracked, only challenged.

#10748 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Agreed, there is a thin line between social distancing/staying at home and being a police state. Now with states giving out fines and threatening to put people in jail we are going to see wide spread protests. The more the local government push the more people will push back. As I said before, we have to find a happy medium. No matter what they do it is still going to spread. This was to slow the curve not stop it. We can't stop it unless we either have a vaccine or heard immunity.

#10749 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

We can't stop it unless we either have a vaccine or heard immunity

Just wanted to chime in that the only road to herd immunity is through vaccination.

The British strategy of "herd immunity" (it was bounced around for a week or two there by the highest ups) was actually "just let everyone get it". Thank goodness they changed tactics.

#10750 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Actually, I respect this point of view. If I put myself in the shoes of someone who lives in a county with 0-10 cases, but they’ve just lost their job or had their hours cut, yeah I can see how I might be angry or upset. One size does not fit all. I think for virus intervention, the hierarchy should be 1. Local, 2. State, 3. Federal. Mayors know more about their cities than the governors, and the governors know more about their states than the president. All of them should of course be making decisions in collaboration with disease experts.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/215 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.