272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 576.
#10601 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Getting caught up here and noticed posts completely gone. 10504, 10544, 10575.

I don't know anything about those particular posts, but that is common on Pinside. The moderators have full rights to just clip posts out of existence. And thank goodness they do. A lot of times they are ads, or spam, or so inflammatory and against the rules that the only solution is to delete it. There was a time where Pinside was getting spammed like crazy. A new account would sign up, and then post 100 spam messages before getting the account frozen and the posts clipped. Normal operations on a moderated internet site as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what those posts are, but I'm sure they shouldn't have been there in the first place if a mod deleted them (especially in this thread that is probably as much work as the rest of the site right now).

#10602 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah. And what is being said does NOT actually match what was being suggested in the cartoon.

Cartoon Quote: "No country should halt their air travel"

2nd Video Direct Quote 8 second mark. "There is no reasons that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade."

He explains why he decided to say that, and people can make up their own mind if justified, but it does match.

#10603 4 years ago

Remember a week ago people were making fun of that Governor that said he only just learned asymptomatic people could spread Covid-19?

Yesterday, Ontario's health minister said the same thing https://twitter.com/gregbradyTO/status/1250135753704837127
Please join me in the collective facepalm

#10604 4 years ago
92522574_920734931707747_4473876757170094080_n (resized).jpg92522574_920734931707747_4473876757170094080_n (resized).jpg
#10605 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm always shocked to find people making homophobic quips in this the year 2020. It feels like such a throwback to 30 years ago.
Like, do people not know that there is a huge population of LGBTQ people in the pinball world?

True. But if you are epigenetically raised to be homophobic, are we “just” in putting them in the closet? Discuss..
By that, I’m saying LGBTQ people are epigenetically that way- some factor after birth. If you are born into a society that embraces homophobia- epigenetic- how can we now condemn these people? Gay conversion therapy is banned but we can convert homophobic people? Will homophobicphobic become the new word? HPP?

As of now, science has found LGBTQ are not genetic- born that way. It maybe epigenetic, not conclusive which could mean it isn’t genetic at all. My stance- all attractive women should continue making out. If heterosexuals can return to a successful 100% marriage rate, they should get their word back. Fine, fine.. 95%.

#10606 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't know anything about those particular posts, but that is common on Pinside. The moderators have full rights to just clip posts out of existence. And thank goodness they do. A lot of times they are ads, or spam, or so inflammatory and against the rules that the only solution is to delete it. There was a time where Pinside was getting spammed like crazy. A new account would sign up, and then post 100 spam messages before getting the account frozen and the posts clipped. Normal operations on a moderated internet site as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what those posts are, but I'm sure they should have been there in the first place if a mod deleted them (especially in this thread that is probably as much work as the rest of the site right now).

One was a link to a news story on the guardian. It wasn’t very praising of certain world leaders, to say the least. It was factual and not opinion. My guess is that it was viewed to political and removed.

#10608 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

If heterosexuals can return to a successful 100% marriage rate, they should get their word back. Fine, fine.. 95%.

I'm going to have to save my plans for a forced heterosexual re-education camp / water park for another thread, sorry!

#10609 4 years ago

This morning I was chatting (ranting actually) with my next door neighbor here in the office building.

I must have sounded vulnerable or something.

Two minutes after finishing our chat he came over and handed me a religious pamphlet.

#10610 4 years ago

Pivoting to some pinball content:
hey check it out the current phase of the Lazer Lord saga has come to an end!
https://lazerlord.blogspot.com/2020/04/back-together-and-working.html

Lazer Lord 1.jpegLazer Lord 1.jpegLazer Lord 2.jpegLazer Lord 2.jpeg
#10611 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Air conditioning can spread the virus?

Sure.

That's why I'm not getting in and out of cars right now with people's spuge blowing in my face.

#10612 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

True. But if you are epigenetically raised to be homophobic, are we “just” in putting them in the closet? Discuss..
By that, I’m saying LGBTQ people are epigenetically that way- some factor after birth. If you are born into a society that embraces homophobia- epigenetic- how can we now condemn these people? Gay conversion therapy is banned but we can convert homophobic people? Will homophobicphobic become the new word? HPP?
As of now, science has found LGBTQ are not genetic- born that way. It maybe epigenetic, not conclusive which could mean it isn’t genetic at all. My stance- all attractive women should continue making out. If heterosexuals can return to a successful 100% marriage rate, they should get their word back. Fine, fine.. 95%.

Umm....

#10613 4 years ago

This thread has now officially jumped the shark.

#10614 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This thread has now officially jumped the shark.

CE36424A-F83F-40E5-B864-7956194B082B (resized).jpegCE36424A-F83F-40E5-B864-7956194B082B (resized).jpeg
#10615 4 years ago
thumb_interesting-fact-charlie-chaplin-was-a-big-fan-of-benny-hill-10224877 (resized).pngthumb_interesting-fact-charlie-chaplin-was-a-big-fan-of-benny-hill-10224877 (resized).png
#10617 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm going to have to save my plans for a forced heterosexual re-education camp / water park for another thread, sorry!

I think you’ve hit on a great plot for a Broadway musical!

#10618 4 years ago

oh hey we hit the 2 million mark:
2,040,060 Coronavirus Cases

but the "new case per day" graph is really showing how we're coming down from the first peak https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/

#10619 4 years ago

Apparently the “Get My Payment” ap from the IRS is having major problems. Massive number of reports of people getting the following error from the site with no information available as to what it actually means. Can’t see any pattern based on reports on reddit, Twitter and other sites.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

42A667DB-1099-4DAB-871D-2B2C6FB22E6F (resized).jpeg42A667DB-1099-4DAB-871D-2B2C6FB22E6F (resized).jpeg
#10620 4 years ago

CALL TO ACTION FOR THOSE BORED AT HOME:
Pinside has recently switched to requiring 25 reviews for a game to be included in the Top 400 charts.
This has been a bloodbath for us chartwatchers! 384 entries went down to 337. see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-300-400/page/2#post-5593613

Please go and thoughtfully rate the lesser known games! Particularly the more obscure solid states out there.

#10621 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

just when I thought today couldn't get any stupider. These delays are upsetting.

Do people in Canada get them too?

#10622 4 years ago
hero's journey to get groceries (resized).jpghero's journey to get groceries (resized).jpg
#10623 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Do people in Canada get them too?

We have a program called CERB: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html
In a shocking turn of events, the rollout of them has surprised everyone and turned out to be.... good https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/so-easy-i-thought-it-was-fake-cras-cerb-system-gets-stellar-reviews-in-first-days-of-operation

“It’s so easy I thought it was fake,” another applicant told the Post, explaining that all he had to do was log into his Canada Revenue Agency account, click on the appropriate link and answer three questions before getting an approval message from the CRA saying the $2,000 benefit would be in his account within three days.

EDIT: but if you're asking why I'm concerned about a system in USA, I have lots of friends there and they are directly effected.

#10624 4 years ago

Not everyone, but pretty much everyone agrees that the origins of this disease and others originated at a "Wet Market". Nobody knows how, but the first cases came from there. If people really want to make sure that this never happens again, shouldn't that be where to start? In China, the wet markets are back open, and from many reports, it does not seem that they are implementing any better oversight than they did before the outbreak. Not just China, because there are other countries that have Wet Markets too, the ban should apply to anyplace that have these. It's not like it hasn't happened before, and if not closed, it will probably happen again.

From Dr. Fauci to Paul McCartney, it seems like a reasonable thing to unite behind.

#10625 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Remember a week ago people were making fun of that Governor that said he only just learned asymptomatic people could spread Covid-19?
Yesterday, Ontario's health minister said the same thing https://twitter.com/gregbradyTO/status/1250135753704837127
Please join me in the collective facepalm

I am not promoting or unpromoting religion. It is the last 9 or 10 seconds that is the hoot in this vid. The look on the senator's face when he realizes what he just said is quite comical.

It does not give me comfort that any idiot can run for office if he wants to lay out the money or kiss enough ass of the moneyed crowd to get there.

This is Bill Mahar (who some cannot stand) interviewing some Arkansas senator. Go to minute 3:58-4:00.

#10626 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently the “Get My Payment” ap from the IRS is having major problems. Massive number of reports of people getting the following error from the site with no information available as to what it actually means. Can’t see any pattern based on reports on reddit, Twitter and other sites.
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments[quoted image]

I’ve tried the IRS site a number of times today and got the same response. I saw on another website that someone else said they experienced the same thing. Hopefully, the IRS already has heard about the problem and is working on a fix.

#10627 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Not everyone, but pretty much everyone agrees that the origins of this disease and others originated at a "Wet Market". Nobody knows how, but the first cases came from there. If people really want to make sure that this never happens again, shouldn't that be where to start? In China, the wet markets are back open, and from many reports, it does not seem that they are implementing any better oversight than they did before the outbreak. Not just China, because there are other countries that have Wet Markets too, the ban should apply to anyplace that have these. It's not like it hasn't happened before, and if not closed, it will probably happen again.
From Dr. Fauci to Paul McCartney, it seems like a reasonable thing to unite behind.

Well, the fake news site does not seem to agree with you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/asia/china-wet-market-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

And to cover all bases, neither does the other news site.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinas-wet-markets-bizarre-unusual-items

" While rumors have swirled that the coronavirus pandemic originated in bats and then infected another animal that passed it onto people at a market in the southeastern Chinese city of Wuhan, scientists have not yet determined exactly how the new coronavirus infected people.

#10628 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh hey we hit the 2 million mark:
2,040,060 Coronavirus Cases
but the "new case per day" graph is really showing how we're coming down from the first peak https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/

It's disappearing like a miracle.

#10629 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, the fake news site does not seem to agree with you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/asia/china-wet-market-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

And to cover all bases, neither does the other news site.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinas-wet-markets-bizarre-unusual-items

" While rumors have swirled that the coronavirus pandemic originated in bats and then infected another animal that passed it onto people at a market in the southeastern Chinese city of Wuhan, scientists have not yet determined exactly how the new coronavirus infected people.

The CNN article you linked actually points out another reason why they are bad; the markets trade in exotic and endangered animals. Different reason, same result - not being regulated makes them dangerous.

From the article: "Many experts agree that ending the illegal trade of animals is the most important means of preventing the next pandemic -- and that means better regulation and stricter enforcement, especially at a local level."

This is from your Fox link:

“You’ve got live animals, so there’s feces everywhere. There’s blood because of people chopping them up,” Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, which works to protect wildlife and public health from emerging diseases, told the Associated Press last month.

Your links actually support the opinion they need to be stringently regulated or shut down if they don't.

#10630 4 years ago

New Yorkers have to wear masks in public

https://apple.news/Ah1R0Coc9S_yDKMlRpaiVJg

#10631 4 years ago

Funny story in there about cuomos brother and the cyclist.

#10632 4 years ago

Now all we have to do is wait for a little bit and the naysayers will start crying about how the constitution is being stepped on.

#10633 4 years ago

My guess is we will all be wearing masks in public for quite some time, maybe until a vaccine is widely available.

#10634 4 years ago

Well ...naysaying is protected by the Constitution.

#10635 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My guess is we will all be wearing masks in public for quite some time, maybe until a vaccine is widely available.

I just told my wife the same, Illinois will be soon as well.

#10636 4 years ago

A different look for summer sports, nobody in the stands, but players playing. It will be kind of eerie.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29038491/dr-anthony-fauci-promotes-single-site-fan-free-return-sports

#10637 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Take your pick captain:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trumps+corona+timeline&atb=v197-1&ia=news
What is happening now is called DEFLECTION and you have fallen for it.[quoted image]

Some of us who agree that the WHO mishandled this and should be held accountable for mistakes made aren't defending Trump's blunders and mistakes either. Im not happy with much of how Trump has handled this including his unconstitutional statements a few days back that as president, he has absolute authority over the country and states.

I think what some are getting at is you seem reticent to acknowledge or discuss this as a global disaster with multiple groups and leaders making mistakes that contributed to this mess. Intead, you make it sound as if it only domestic issue with the fault of what has happened almost exclusively on our government and leaders.

There is a lot of blame to go around everywhere, beginning with its place of origin and the failure of global organizations like the WHO to do their job instead of just parroting what they were being told by China.

#10638 4 years ago

Good idea. Where will they get that many masks, though?

#10639 4 years ago
importance (resized).pngimportance (resized).png
#10640 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good idea. Where will they get them though?

I’m guessing any facial covering will do.

#10641 4 years ago

I'm fine with wearing masks if I can find any to buy.

#10642 4 years ago
6B42ECEA-A7CD-468C-B260-B0E04D8C1CB3 (resized).jpeg6B42ECEA-A7CD-468C-B260-B0E04D8C1CB3 (resized).jpeg
#10643 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm fine with wearing masks if I can find any to buy.

I bought one from Etsy last week and I'm still waiting.

#10644 4 years ago

Who-Dey smells like team spirit!

#10645 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I bought one from Etsy last week and I'm still waiting.

I have 5 masks left, then I'm onto my full face gas mask, and I don't know if people are ready for that yet.

#10646 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Some of us who agree that the WHO mishandled this and should be held accountable for mistakes made aren't defending Trump's blunders and mistakes either. Im not happy with much of how Trump has handled this including his unconstitutional statements a few days back that as president, he has absolute authority over the country and states.
I think what some are getting at is you seem reticent to acknowledge or discuss this as a global disaster with multiple groups and leaders making mistakes that contributed to this mess. Intead, you make it sound as if it only domestic issue with the fault of what has happened almost exclusively on our government and leaders.
There is a lot of blame to go around everywhere, beginning with its place of origin and the failure of global organizations like the WHO to do their job instead of just parroting what they were being told by China.

My take on it is there is a lot of blame to go around across the globe. I think where I hold the president responsible is that we had the knowledge and health system to respond more like South Korea and Germany with ramping up testing and tracking, so we didn’t end up in the middle of the pack globally. I think if we had a more coordinated and less chaotic approach we’d be about 1 or 2 months closer to getting back to normal.

#10647 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

A different look for summer sports, nobody in the stands, but players playing. It will be kind of eerie.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29038491/dr-anthony-fauci-promotes-single-site-fan-free-return-sports

pro sports going to start thinking outside the box

running man.jpgrunning man.jpg
#10648 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My take on it is there is a lot of blame to go around across the globe. I think where I hold the president responsible is that we had the knowledge and health system to respond more like South Korea and Germany with ramping up testing and tracking, so we didn’t end up in the middle of the pack globally. I think if we had a more coordinated and less chaotic approach we’d be about 1 or 2 months closer to getting back to normal.

I don't disagree with that. Like I said, I haven't been happy with a lot of how Trump has handled this. His propensity to make decisions off of his gut rather then listening to advisors is a weakness that has contributed to many of the blunders he is making.

His mistakes don't absolve the WHO or China's government of their roles in failing to curb or adequately warm the world of the danger, though.

#10649 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Not everyone, but pretty much everyone agrees that the origins of this disease and others originated at a "Wet Market". Nobody knows how, but the first cases came from there.

Quoted from jimjim66:

The CNN article you linked actually points out another reason why they are bad; the markets trade in exotic and endangered animals. Different reason, same result - not being regulated makes them dangerous.
From the article: "Many experts agree that ending the illegal trade of animals is the most important means of preventing the next pandemic -- and that means better regulation and stricter enforcement, especially at a local level."
This is from your Fox link:
“You’ve got live animals, so there’s feces everywhere. There’s blood because of people chopping them up,” Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, which works to protect wildlife and public health from emerging diseases, told the Associated Press last month.
Your links actually support the opinion they need to be stringently regulated or shut down if they don't.

I read the articles. I did not say those markets were not bad. Or sub-standard. Or nasty.

But the Fox link, (assuming Fox never stretches or slants its articles), does not support what you said. To quote Fox, " ...scientists have not yet determined exactly how the new coronavirus infected people."

Either Fox is calling it right or it has completely missed the boat. If Fox has missed the boat, then I'll throw Fox in the fake news pile, too.

If it is assumed that the virus came from the wet markets and it actually came from somewhere else, then the somewhere else will never be searched for. Sort of like putting the wrong man in jail as the killer still walks free.

Science needs to find where it came from. Maybe it will wind up being the wet markets; Maybe it won't.

It is kind of like AIDS from years ago. First, it was assumed AIDS was a gay disease ( the preachers were all over this one ) and the heterosexuals thought they were home free. Then the heteros starting catching the stuff and it turned into "Oh shit ! We gotta do something. " And then it was discovered that AIDS could be transmitted via blood transfusions, too.

It took years, but eventually, the source for AIDS was discovered.

#10650 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

CALL TO ACTION FOR THOSE BORED AT HOME:
Pinside has recently switched to requiring 25 reviews for a game to be included in the Top 400 charts.
This has been a bloodbath for us chartwatchers! 384 entries went down to 337. see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-300-400/page/2#post-5593613
Please go and thoughtfully rate the lesser known games! Particularly the more obscure solid states out there.

Darling/Jubilee updated.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/213?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.