272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 576.
#10551 4 years ago

Your misunderstanding of sampling error demonstrates your understanding of statistics. Your graph is utter nonsense and designed for those handicapped in math.

#10552 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's bash the WHO day! Go to @realDonaldTrump to receive your talking points!
Back in the real world:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-coronavirus-timeline-dismissed-969381/

Rolling Stone. Lmao.

#10553 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

People are freaking out now....wait until the power grid goes out.

WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD???

#10554 4 years ago

Threads a total cesspool.

We’ve gone full circle with those in denial repeating the lies and misinformation from the top, and now we are being invaded by Jesus freak conspiracy theorists.

Have fun guys, and good luck. I pray you live in a state with a sane, competent Governor.

#10555 4 years ago

I don't know if this stuff should be in the thread, as it's all the same things Trump had tweeted

#10556 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

May your chains rest lightly as you don the number of the beast.

that's so metal!

#10557 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don't know if this stuff should be in the thread, as it's all the same things Trump had tweeted

TDS runs strong in this one. And Crazy Levi broke the rules by announcing a thread exit. What a collection of homos.

#10558 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Why do you think there are so many Finnish jokes?

aside from a single Monty Python song I can't think of any Finnish jokes. I hear Finland and all I can think of is

#10559 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Rolling Stone. Lmao.

Take your pick captain:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trumps+corona+timeline&atb=v197-1&ia=news

What is happening now is called DEFLECTION and you have fallen for it.

squirrel (resized).jpgsquirrel (resized).jpg
#10560 4 years ago

Again, there is plenty of blame to go around.

#10561 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Again there is plenty of blame to go around

all sides really, all sides

I blame myself for bringing up actual facts. That was the biggest mistake.

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Your misunderstanding of sampling error demonstrates your understanding of statistics. Your graph is utter nonsense and designed for those handicapped in math.

I agree my understanding of math and statistics is limited, with so few years of math studies. So could you please explain to us of lesser knowledge, what is so wrong with that graph?

#10563 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Threads a total cesspool.
We’ve gone full circle with those in denial repeating the lies and misinformation from the top, and now we are being invaded by Jesus freak conspiracy theorists.
Have fun guys, and good luck. I pray you live in a state with a sane, competent Governor.

Makes you wonder if someone stopped posting with one account... to start with their other...

#10565 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

I agree my understanding of math and statistics is limited, with so few years of math studies. So could you please explain to us of lesser knowledge, what is so wrong with that graph?

Sampling error. The data is skewed by it's collection method.

#10567 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Your graph is utter nonsense and designed for those handicapped in math.

Not my graph personally but I think it does show how sudden and dangerous Covid is compared to all the popular deflections used. We're at or surpassing death numbers in a month or so as compared to entire years worth of other causes.

https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/not-like-the-flu-not-like-car-crashes-not-like

#10568 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Pretty much the same can be said about the WHO

aaaaand we're talking about the WHO instead of the fact that less than 1% of our Country has been tested and without that being significantly higher we can't open the economy. So, successful deflection.

#10569 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Pretty much the same can be said about the WHO

I'm not here to defend WHO but I think it's folly saying they are in the same category. Check the links, their response was weeks well ahead.

#10570 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

aaaaand we're talking about the WHO instead of the fact that less than 1% of our Country has been tested and without that being significantly higher we can't open the economy. So, successful deflection.

You’re like a broken record, nothing being deflected here, just stating facts, as you like to say. Broken record 2, plenty of blame to go around.

#10571 4 years ago

I might get moderated for this, but it’s too good not to share. Most cable news is infotainment, which is what Fox used to be. I love that she draws the comparison to professional wrestling. It’s pretty much Brutus’ Barbershop with out Brutus or a fake window to throw someone through.

936BA75D-D6A4-45C2-982B-688197709A3D (resized).png936BA75D-D6A4-45C2-982B-688197709A3D (resized).png
#10572 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Guess who stopped carrying a cell phone since the first shelter-in-place orders.. May your chains rest lightly as you don the number of the beast.

I’m trying so hard not to buy Iron Maiden Premium but you’re not making it easy.

#10573 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Might be, and besides that it represents old data. The covid graph stops at approximately 40 deaths/million, while the current figures show 79 deaths/M. That is a sad number, and unfortunately I have no idea how it could be made less sad by changing data collection methods

But to honor those passed away by the corona virus, I will not argue about this any longer. Let us all hope we will find a medication and vaccine.

#10574 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm not here to defend WHO but I think it's folly saying they are in the same category. Check the links, their response was weeks well ahead.

And I agree with you here, the discussion this morning seems to be about WHO, that’s the only reason I’m commenting on them.

#10576 4 years ago

For what, telling the truth?

#10577 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Why do you think there are so many Finnish jokes?

Are you Finnished?

#10578 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it’s his last line of his reply that’s totally unnecessary.

#10579 4 years ago

As I've known from the beginning, my homemade mask is better than nothing and after reading some reports about masks, that's as good as it gets.

Todays grocery shopping observations: Two women wearing such poorly made masks that they might as well been wearing nothing. One had her mask barely hanging on the tip of her nose and with side openings you could drive a truck through. Looked like it would create a vortex with each breath to funnel in debris and monster truck exhaust going out.

A complete stranger, out of the blue complained to me about the new store shopping rules. I laughed and shrugged, to which he angrily told me he wasn't kidding. Just one guy and it makes sense that people are getting edgy. But what a dick, as if it was all about him.

#10580 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

TDS runs strong in this one. And Crazy Levi broke the rules by announcing a thread exit. What a collection of homos.

Using the term ‘homos’ in this way seems like a more appropriate reason for thread ejection than stupidity.

#10581 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As I've known from the beginning, my homemade mask is better than nothing and after reading some reports about masks, that's as good as it gets.
Todays grocery shopping observations: Two women wearing such poorly made masks that they might as well been wearing nothing. One had her mask barely hanging on the tip of her nose and with side openings you could drive a truck through. Looked like it would create a vortex with each breath to funnel in debris.
A complete stranger, out of the blue complained to me about the new store shopping rules. I laughed and shrugged, to which he angrily told me he wasn't kidding. Just one guy and it makes sense that people are getting edgy. But what a dick, as if it was all about him.

Masks are garbage for protecting you. They just contain your spew so others are less likely to get it from you.

#10582 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Basically a parody of things he actually said in different words.

Sorry, I cannot trust what the cartoon says since it not a direct quote. Sort of like some news caster trying to make a position with a video clip of someone with their mouth moving but with no sound. And the news caster is telling me what the guy in the vid clip is saying; To which I say, "news caster, shut your god damn mouth, turn up the sound, and let me hear it for myself. "

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.07.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.07.27 AM (resized).png

#10583 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Using the term ‘homos’ in this way seems like a more appropriate reason for thread ejection than stupidity.

If the shoe fits...

#10584 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

If the shoe fits...

Is this supposed to make me feel enraged or something? Epic fail dude.

#10585 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Conspiracy theories have no place in this thread.
Homophobia has no place in Pinside.

#10586 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sorry, I cannot trust what the cartoon says since it not a direct quote. Sort of like some news caster trying to make a position with a video clip of someone with their mouth moving but with no sound. And the news caster is telling me what the guy in the vid clip is saying; To which I say, "news caster, shut your god damn mouth, turn up the sound, and let me hear it for myself. "

100% correct, that is why he posted videos which are not unnamed sources in an opinion piece. They are primary sources of what was actually said.

#10587 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Masks are garbage for protecting you. They just contain your spew so others are less likely to get it from you.

Even if I have disagreed with SadSack, this is true. But since people with no symptoms can be spreading the virus, wearing masks will help slowing down the spreading.

#10588 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You’re like a broken record, nothing being deflected here,

If I’m responding to repeated posts “suddenly” blaming the WHO, aren’t they the broken record? Chicken or the egg. Carry on guys. Stuff to do, peace out, stay safe.

#10589 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Conspiracy theories have no place in this thread.

Who put you in charge of this Outfit?

#10590 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I am not sure you know what sampling error is. It certainly doesn't explain any discrepancies in that chart.

#10591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I might get moderated for this, but it’s too good not to share. Most cable news is infotainment, which is what Fox used to be. I love that she draws the comparison to professional wrestling. It’s pretty much Brutus’ Barbershop with out Brutus or a fake window to throw someone through.[quoted image]

All of this is true and I agree really fascinating. That the this era's history books will contain more numerous references to professional wrestling than to baseball is telling.
I remember a funny comic about Roger Ebert and the power of his thumb's up for The Predator in how that movie eventually gave the USA two Governors. Well professional wrestling has given a governor and a president, and millions from professional wrestling corporate is now involved directly in political Super PACs. (see also the recent Florida designation of WWE as an essential service)
Would anyone be surprised to see a John Cena or Dwayne Johnson type running for office some time in the next few decades? They'd win easily.

#10592 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am not sure you know what sampling error is

username checks out!

#10593 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Even if I have disagreed with SadSack, this is true. But since people with no symptoms can be spreading the virus, wearing masks will help slowing down the spreading.

I agree and added to my comment.

Quoted from Mr68:

One had her mask barely hanging on the tip of her nose and with side openings you could drive a truck through. Looked like it would create a vortex with each breath to funnel in debris **and monster truck exhaust going out**.

#10594 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

100% correct, that is why he posted videos which are not unnamed sources in an opinion piece. They are primary sources of what was actually said.

Yeah. And what is being said does NOT actually match what was being suggested in the cartoon.

#10595 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Is this supposed to make me feel enraged or something? Epic fail dude.

I'm always shocked to find people making homophobic quips in this the year 2020. It feels like such a throwback to 30 years ago.
Like, do people not know that there is a huge population of LGBTQ people in the pinball world?

#10596 4 years ago

Getting caught up here and noticed posts completely gone. 10504, 10544, 10575.

#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm always shocked to find people making homophobic quips in this the year 2020. It feels like such a throwback to 30 years ago.
Like, do people not know that there is a huge population of LGBTQ people in the pinball world?

That guy is an example of what fake religion and ideology does to people.. the sad thing is, he doesn’t even realize what a Sad Sack he’s become!

#10598 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Because NYC threw 3700 bodies on the pile with no testing whatsoever. Don't you see the numbers game? BTW, for my fans, there is tons of evidence everywhere of misclassification of death to increase COVID numbers. You guys are in denial bubbles fortified with fallacious arguments as you deny your own observable situations. The worst hospitals during this plandemic are barely over normal patient levels. But don't get any numbers from anyone but the liars that have insulated your coccoons for the past decades, Damn you lying eyes, they said so on TV. I guess it must be fear..
https://news.yahoo.com/york-city-revises-coronavirus-death-205328540.html

Does the name Frank Furhter mean anything to you?

#10599 4 years ago

Can you dig it?

"The United States may need to endure social distancing measures adopted during the coronavirus outbreak until 2022, according to researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health."

https://news.yahoo.com/u-may-extend-social-distancing-060052943.html

#10600 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am not sure you know what sampling error is. It certainly doesn't explain any discrepancies in that chart.

I was gonna say something but then I thought “Wait! There’s a statsdoc on the thread!”

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/212?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.