272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 576.
#10451 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The best part about watching pro rasslin' is watching the idio.....the spectators in the bleachers. I mean, where else can you see grandma waving two middle finger salutes to the one in the ring they hate the most.

The Jerry Springer Show comes to mind but that was admittedly a few years back...

#10452 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

U.S. halts funding for WHO

Good. It seems the sold the world out for the Chinese governments money.

#10453 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/14/trump-calls-for-halt-to-us-funding-for-world-health-organization-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Excerpt:

The president typically does not have the authority to unilaterally redirect congressional funding.

One option might be for Trump to use powers granted to the president under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. Under this statute, the president may propose to withhold congressional funds, but it requires congressional approval within 45 days. Absent this approval, the funds must be returned to their original, congressionally mandated purpose after 45 days.

#10454 4 years ago

I have a brilliant idea. Let’s defund the WHO and reclaim the money for pinball purchases.

#10455 4 years ago

If we are defunding WHO because we are blaming them this week, do we defund the White House as well? Can Congress do that? They have budget power typically.

#10456 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

NYC Adds Nearly 4,000 People Who Never Tested Positive To Coronavirus Death Tolls
Here is what Levi was talking about. Also says Ohio is doing it too.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/14/nyc-numbers-coronavirus-death-toll/?fbclid=IwAR28XvLrNFBhdVyhOr_3hgpbVxx6A1P3OdbjfLGX7zTBw0t6Bx7mFJXHd2U

Ugh, Daily Caller - really? You want us to start posting stuff from Mother Jones? Gross.

#10457 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I curious to see how this plays out. I can see this being backtracked if there is some fundamental organizational change, like Tedros Adhanom resigning, and congress pushing back against Trump.

#10458 4 years ago

I just saw my first cop car in over a month.

#10459 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ugh, Daily Caller - really? You want us to start posting stuff from Mother Jones? Gross.

Actually, it is from the New York Times, and the Daily Caller is just running their article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

#10460 4 years ago

EDIT: Never mind, misread that

DEDE7E45-C56A-4864-9CF0-F64075D2D551 (resized).jpegDEDE7E45-C56A-4864-9CF0-F64075D2D551 (resized).jpegD4D749A7-0EB8-4693-8ECB-FE99DD4BF738 (resized).jpegD4D749A7-0EB8-4693-8ECB-FE99DD4BF738 (resized).jpeg
#10461 4 years ago
just-the-facts-5bdfc2 (resized).jpgjust-the-facts-5bdfc2 (resized).jpg
#10462 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Actually, it is from the New York Times, and the Daily Caller is just running their article.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

No, the Daily Caller cherry-picked some info from a NYT article. Daily Caller, Breitbart, Alex Jones, no difference in my mind. It’s an echo chamber for RWNJs.

#10463 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is how bad it's getting around here. A local girl got her car towed because they put up temporary no parking signs while she was staying in place and hadn't used it for weeks. The fine- $220.

She really should consider challenging this.

#10464 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If we are defunding WHO because we are blaming them this week, do we defund the White House as well? Can Congress do that? They have budget power typically.

I love it when people get angry over an institution for something and demand that the entire framework and infrastructure that was built over decades be utterly destroyed. It's like people hear something is a "public good" and something in their brain goes "ahhhh that means OTHER PEOPLE are benefiting from this, not just me!" and decide it should all be undone.
then sanity reasserts itself and the people left to pick up the pieces are forced to recreate something massive from scratch, at great expense and effort. When's Infrastructure Week?

#10465 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No, the Daily Called cherry-picked some info from a NYT article. Daily Caller, Breitbart, Alex Jones, no difference in my mind. It’s an echo chamber for RWNJs.

That's why I linked the original New York Time article so people could read the original source and get the information for themselves.

Bottom line-3700 non-tested are being reclassified in New York according to the prime source which was Mayor Di Blassio's office in the New York Times.

#10466 4 years ago

Apparently Chile is counting those who die from coronavirus as 'recovered' because they no longer show symptoms.
https://www.newsweek.com/chile-counts-those-who-died-coronavirus-recovered-because-theyre-no-longer-contagious-health-1497775

#10467 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

She really should consider challenging this.

If they ever open back up the courts I would go with her.

#10468 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That's why I linked the original New York Time article so people could read the original source and get the information for themselves. Bottom line-3700 non-tested are being reclassified in New York according to the prime source which was Mayor Di Blassio's office in the New York Times.

Thanks for the link. What this means to you probably depends on which source you read. If you read the NYT, you accept that an additional 3700 deaths were linked to the virus. If you read the Daily Caller, you see it as evidence that the numbers are inflated. The reality probably is in between.

#10469 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You are afraid it will scare your hand of your crank.

It would be your hand then, the dutch rudder.

dutch-rudder-gif-2.gifdutch-rudder-gif-2.gif
#10470 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

It's just inexpensive marketing to keep their name in front of people, that's all. Pens, keychains.....it's all the same stuff.

Except that the pharmaceutical industry hasn't handed out any of that stuff for over a decade now.

#10471 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Except that the pharmaceutical industry has handed out any of that stuff for over a decade now.

I am missing your point.

#10472 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks for the link. What this means to you probably depends on which source you read. If you read the NYT, you accept that an additional 3700 deaths were linked to the virus. If you read the Daily Caller, you see it as evidence that the numbers are inflated. The reality probably is in between.

The reality is 3700 deaths that were never confirmed as CV-19 are falsely added to the death count. This will be a game changer if everyone starts putting any death in as CV-19.
As reminds me that I need to start looking at the Daily caller for more info.

#10473 4 years ago

A friend of mine who is a first responder in California says any death, if the person has a fever or cough is being classified as corona at this point until Possibly tested postmortem.

#10474 4 years ago

WHO should be looked into, and funding changes made if ongoing problems are found and not resolved.

But not defunded during a pandemic. They do a lot of good around the world and likely will be critical in helping 3rd world countries get through this.

If you line up the 4 timelines of what WHO, CDC, China, and Trump said or did and dates when they said or did it, the problem does not seem to be solely with WHO.

But WHO will be the talk of the town for a little while now. Just like big number/little number, nothing worse than Flu, nothing will happen here unless it does, it’s just one case, it’s just 15 cases on a ship, overreaction, over counts, cure can’t be worse than the problem, chloroquine the wonder drug, China, and anything else that can be made shiny and distracting for a bit.

#10475 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I am missing your point.

I agree with you that it is a form of inexpensive marketing employed by many companies across many industries. I'm just pointing out to those that have stated or believe it is an ongoing practice in the pharmaceutical industry that it hasn't been for some time now.

#10476 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

WHO should be looked into, and funding changes made if ongoing problems are found and not resolved.

Defunding WHO because you think they were in cahoots with China will actually give China more influence not less...logically speaking. Of course it’s bullshit and there’s a great timeline of our federal failure and many articles showing failed promises or outright lies from briefings but WHO is this week’s boogeyman. I’m old enough to remember when it was NYC’s fault for spreading it to Florida. Also, the models...and joking about banging models while talking about American death projections. Also, I don’t take responsibility for anything.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/13/833623218/trumps-promises-remain-largely-unfulfilled-a-month-after-emergency-declaration

#10477 4 years ago

This thread has turned into a Monday morning quarterback convention

#10478 4 years ago

Marking my underwear with the days of the week has only added to the confusion. Saturday, right?

#10480 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

ICYMI - From the White House Covid-19 Press Briefing:

There was a tremendous failure to report information in the beginning of the outbreak, and thousands of lives could have been saved if swifter action was taken...by the WHO.
"The plans to reopen the economy are being finalized."
Several minutes spent reading off names of companies.
"I haven't had much time to watch[sports]. Maybe I watch one batter then I get back to work."
"If you [reporter] keep talking, I'm going to leave and you can have it out with them [the other reporters]."

Clocked in @ 1hr 9mins

And don't forget:
This was advertised as a 5:00 PM briefing.
I enjoyed watching the reporters sitting in obviously uncomfortable plastic chairs, until the presser actually began at about 6:19 PM.
As those SOBs from WWII knew, you help instill confidence in leadership by 'running the train' ON TIME.

#10481 4 years ago

That all folks...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10482 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Marking my underwear with the days of the week has only added to the confusion. Saturday, right?

Can’t remember...it’s been over a week since I’ve looked at your underwear!

#10483 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The reality is 3700 deaths that were never confirmed as CV-19 are falsely added to the death count.

Okay, that’s the reality that you choose. I’m withdrawing my downvote because I don’t downvote anyone with a cat avatar, as a rule.

#10484 4 years ago

All this talk about China has me questioning my towns bike lanes compared to other towns bike lanes. Are these politically incorrect?

20200413_125618 (resized).jpg20200413_125618 (resized).jpg
#10485 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay, that’s the reality that you choose. I’m withdrawing my downvote because I don’t downvote anyone with a cat avatar, as a rule.

You know I don't pay any attention to down votes right? But thanks for the cat avatar mention. Never gonna change it.

#10486 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree with you that it is a form of inexpensive marketing employed by many companies across many industries. I'm just pointing out to those that have stated or believe it is an ongoing practice in the pharmaceutical industry that it hasn't been for some time now.

I think my confusion came from 'has' and 'hasn't' between your two posts.

#10487 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I think my confusion came from 'has' and 'hasn't' between your two posts.

That was initially a typo or autocorrect issue.

#10488 4 years ago

Newest corona mask (no, I'm not joking...these really exist)

Screenshot_20200414-235802~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200414-235802~2 (resized).png
#10489 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yes, because Sadsack has intimate first hand knowledge of how deaths are being recorded...

In fact, my 2nd cousin is doing residency in Detroit hospital. He tested asymptomatic positive and they sent him home for 14 day quarantine. 2 days later they had him back in the hospital working. Slight bump in admissions, but the census counts aren't up by more than 15%. I'd say that's first hand knowledge. The hospitals are virtually empty except a very few in the hot spots. They are "slightly busy". Remember that about 6600 people died every single day in 2018. So if 1/3 of those are miscoded as COVID-19. The actual morbidity due to the virus is overstated by 2200 per day. The data we're given is nonsense and driven by those with agendas.

#10490 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

In fact, my 2nd cousin is doing residency in Detroit hospital. He tested asymptomatic positive and they sent him home for 14 day quarantine. 2 days later they had him back in the hospital working. Slight bump in admissions, but the census counts aren't up by more than 15%. I'd say that's first hand knowledge. The hospitals are virtually empty except a very few in the hot spots. They are "slightly busy". Remember that about 6600 people died every single day in 2018. So if 1/3 of those are miscoded as COVID-19. The actual morbidity due to the virus is overstated by 2200 per day. The data we're given is nonsense and driven by those with agendas.

One of my life rules happens to be not to trust anything from someone that thinks anecdotal evidence they received from their second cousin is first hand knowledge.

#10491 4 years ago

Sadsack. Thank you. I needed some absurdity ....

#10492 4 years ago

Got these a dozen for $50.Kinda feel like Bane at work.

2D40CB1F-31C4-4539-ADE6-DA5F57D8296E (resized).jpeg2D40CB1F-31C4-4539-ADE6-DA5F57D8296E (resized).jpeg
#10493 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

A friend of mine who is a first responder in California says any death, if the person has a fever or cough is being classified as corona at this point until Possibly tested postmortem.

So a first responder (EMT, police, fire) know how deaths are being classified? I doubt it.Put a bunch of middle school girls together in the same room and you will have the same amount of drama as would if you put a bunch of first responders together. It’s like going back to middle school all over again. They gossip a lot and rumors start. I am a first responder and see it first hand.

#10494 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This chart is going to change tomorrow. Or the next day after.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The chart changed tonight.

Out with the old

24679098af23963cac52893cedf701729bb8aebd.png (resized).jpg24679098af23963cac52893cedf701729bb8aebd.png (resized).jpg
In with the new

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.59.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.59.21 AM (resized).png

#10495 4 years ago
dog (resized).pngdog (resized).png
#10496 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

ngaging in unhealthy habits is not the same as an easily transferred virus. With a virus your behaviors impact those people you are in contact directly. If eating Cheetos in public made anyone near you unhealthy and fat, you would have to eat them at home or on private property - like tobacco.

That's not true for all behaviour. Somehow one of the next big crisis' we don't want to interfere with others behaviour. I think climate change will cause a way bigger crisis than we are in now, and everyone's consuming and flying all they want, without being held accountable. And you know what? Most will claim 'I didn't know', while all studies and scientists tell us where we're heading with our behaviour. It looks a bit like this crisis, the only difference is that this time the majority does think we need to change our life at the moment. Why's that? Simple, because it came way quicker: climate change by human behaviour is just as clear or even clearer than the spread of Corona by human behaviour. It's just way slower, but not less harmful (I'd say way more harmful). I wonder what we'll tell our kids in 30 years when the world is in a way worse shape and they ask us 'why wasn't there more done by the people and you as an individual back then?'. Most will either say 'I didn't know' or 'everyone was flying, it wouldn't have made a difference of only I'd stop doing it'. Some will blame the government for not informing them, even though most are already well informed right now, just not by the people the majority choose to lead the country. Alarming reports are with good information is given to us regularly, most of us just don't want to give up our happy luxury lives and harm the economy.

Depressing? Very much I think so. I hope that besides and after the Corona crisis, we'll see that we'll have to change and take action.

edit: autocorrect error

#10497 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

How is your second cousin being brought back to work any evidence of how they are counting deaths?

So you are taking your second cousins experience in one Detroit hospital as evidence that the data for the entire country is being falsified? Sounds like firm footing for your position.

#10499 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The chart changed tonight.
Out with the old
[quoted image]
In with the new
[quoted image]

Not good. Is there a reason for such a big jump after several days of a decrease? It seems like like some states are starting to report lower hospitalization rates.

#10500 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not good. Is there a reason for such a big jump after several days of a decrease? It seems like like some states are starting to report lower hospitalization rates.

Most likely explanation is delays in reporting over Easter weekend, being caught up.

You can't take a few days records and extrapolate out, you need to look at the bigger trend

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.