272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 576.
#10101 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

You gotta get better with the Google machine man...

There are stories everywhere with photos supporting the stories. I am not even a fake news conspiracy nut, just jump on the Google machine and you should find all kinds of stuff.

#10102 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you haven’t figured out why you are wrong, I won’t be able to explain it to you.
I’m serious that I’m sad that you make that argument though. I gave you a lot of credit for changing your mind when reality set in. I think you’re off the deep end on lots of things honestly but I was happy to see that you could take in the info and adapt. But you’re back to the start almost, minus the mocking at least.
Entire nursing homes are dying. 350 people at a meat packing plant just tested positive. Doctors and nurses have died. They ran out of body bags in Detroit. They have a tent hospital in Central Park. On and on.
All this while the planet is turned off and we’re sitting home. In 2 months!

I dont disagree with you on that. Crowded areas seem to be getting hit the hardest and it is scary. Just dont be a dick and try to act like I am downplaying this because I'm not. Just to be clear, one death is too much and every death matter because those are good people and they are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, parents etc. I totally get every bit of that. You do have to wonder though if maybe we overreacted a little bit or not. I'm not saying we did, I'm saying it's possible that we did.

I'm not gonna be a conspiracy theorist and pull the false flag BS on you. I'm just thinking and discussing. Any person with reasonable intelligence looks at things from all angles rather than just turns the news on and believes everything that they hear. That is what LOTS of people do. They are sheep and cannot think for themselves. I dont want to be like that and I will never be like that.

I'm definitely not smart enough to cure cancer or coronavirus but I'm smart enough to have some common sense and to look at things from all angles.

#10103 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This reminds me of something I might type, in that it makes absolutely no fucking sense.
Phil you decided to give that dark rum another chance didn't ya?

No Rum tonight Brother. Instead of challenging my character perhaps you can show some evidence that disputes my claim?
Yeah, I know Grzz, its always easier to attack the messenger and try to make them look foolish.
You should have stayed in bed. put or shut up.

#10104 4 years ago
images (5) (resized).jpegimages (5) (resized).jpeg
#10105 4 years ago

I work in IT for a school district and it's been a shock for many of our teachers to be thrown into the deep end of basically living online. To better cope and understand how this all works, I linked a series of videos from a great education youtube channel about navigating digital information to them today with the hope they would learn and possibly share these lessons with their students.

This thread had become somewhat sane this morning and I wasn't going to share it here. However, given the recent turn and our continuing argument about the validity of sources and online information, I changed my mind in the hope that it would help.

Here is their description:

"We love the internet! It's a wealth of information where we can learn about just about anything, but it's also kind of a pit of information that can be false or misleading. So, we're partnering with Mediawise and the Stanford History Education Group to make this series on Navigating Digital Information. Let's learn the facts about facts!"

Here is the whole series
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtN07XYqqWSKpPrtNDiCHTzU

#10106 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You gotta get better with the Google machine man...
There are stories everywhere with photos supporting the stories. I am not even a fake news conspiracy nut, just jump on the Google machine and you should find all kinds of stuff.

You are kidding, right? Ha. Ha Ha. Next time you wish to lecture someone be prepared, you sound like, never mind

#10107 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You are kidding, right? Ha. Ha Ha. Next time you wish to lecture someone be prepared, you sound like, never mind

They say that Google is your "friend".

#10108 4 years ago

Weird, the photos I'm finding are not as graphic as what I saw on the news, but that forklift sure has been getting a workout.

#10109 4 years ago

No good arguments here. C'mon ya'll, wake up! Guess I'm gonna watch Star Trek.
Really disappointed.
Nonetheless, hope everyone sleeps well tonight. Sleep is good, Old men dream dreams
and young Men see visions.

#10110 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its looking more and more all the time that iceman44 was right about the coronavirus all along. I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow and owe him an apology when this is all said and done.
Iceman is quite a character and he loves to get under peoples skin but like him or not he is one smart SOB!

23,640 people definitely disagree

#10111 4 years ago

❤ you all

#10112 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I am not going to spend my time with someone who doesn't appreciate it. I read news from a ton of sources daily, I read medical journals because they are fascinating to me (my mind definitely doesn't work like those in the medical field), and I keep an open mind to absolutely everything.

If you sincerely cared and wanted to be informed about this topic, I would be happy to share links with you.

It is obvious in your tone you are just looking for someone to argue with. Unfortunately, I am not your guy. I wish you and your family nothing but good health and happiness.

#10113 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Are you someone we should consider an Authority?

Probably not. Just another primal scream in to the void. My concerns are just as meaningless as everyone else’s I’m afraid.

If you guys won’t listen to a pinsider that is a working Physician dressed in full PPE about this, I’m not certain you’re going to listen to anyone.

#10114 4 years ago

ahahaha I watched a press conference on coronavirus tonight by a head of state for a country I won't name (I dunno just assume it was Trudeau or whatever,) but LOL holy shit wow
We live in the dumbest of times.

#10115 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

holy shit wow

help us

#10116 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iceman cant speak for himself anymore in this thread

giphy 11.gifgiphy 11.gif
#10117 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I work in IT for a school district and it's been a shock for many of our teachers to be thrown into the deep end of basically living online. To better cope and understand how this all works, I linked a series of videos from a great education youtube channel about navigating digital information to them today with the hope they would learn and possibly share these lessons with their students.
This thread had become somewhat sane this morning and I wasn't going to share it here. However, given the recent turn and our continuing argument about the validity of sources and online information, I changed my mind in the hope that it would help.
"We love the internet! It's a wealth of information where we can learn about just about anything, but it's also kind of a pit of information that can be false or misleading. So, we're partnering with Mediawise and the Stanford History Education Group to make this series on Navigating Digital Information. Let's learn the facts about facts!"

Here is the whole series
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtN07XYqqWSKpPrtNDiCHTzU

God I love Crash Course and everyone that makes it. You could burn the whole internet down but just save wikipedia and Crash Course.

#10118 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not going to spend my time with someone who doesn't appreciate it. I read news from a ton of sources daily, I read medical journals because they are fascinating to me (my mind definitely doesn't work like those in the medical field), and I keep an open mind to absolutely everything.
If you sincerely cared and wanted to be informed about this topic, I would be happy to share links with you.
It is obvious in your tone you are just looking for someone to argue with. Unfortunately, I am not your guy. I wish you and your family nothing but good health and happiness.

I do too.
Your reference to Google is what got me. I find the best Information when Google is not involved. I do not like their built-in censors..
Appreciate you, sorry if I struck you wrong.

#10119 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Just came across this - NIH is looking for people who 'think they had' COVID for a study. May be a way to confirm suspicions: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection . There is an email address for requesting to be a part of the study - they want 10,000 participants.

I just emailed them to see if I could be part of the study.
If I've already had the virus, I'd gladly donate blood to help others.

#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

As a history teacher, we use SHEG documents all the time. Being close to Stanford, they have come in several times to do presentations for us. They do a great job, and every year they add more and more things. We were doing a SHEG document on the "Plague Doctor" right before we dismissed school, weird timing.

Honestly, the distant learning thing sucks. I feel bad for our seniors who did not have prom, spring sports, or a graduation ceremony.

#10121 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Probably not. Just another primal scream in to the void. My concerns are just as meaningless as everyone else’s I’m afraid.
If you guys won’t listen to a pinsider that is a working Physician dressed in full PPE about this, I’m not certain you’re going to listen to anyone.

Not a respector of persons. The greatest wisdom I received in life didn't come from "Experts". I appreciate everyones efforts to make themselves better. We are all important, forget the Titles.

#10122 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I do too.
Your reference to Google is what got me. I find the best Information when Google is not involved. I do not like their built-in censors..
Appreciate you, sorry if I struck you wrong.

It's all good... "Google it" is internet slang at this point in my life. I also call all soda "Coke".

Feel free to "Bing" your info.

#10123 4 years ago

Night Ya'll.

#10124 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It's all good... "Google it" is internet slang at this point in my life. I also call all soda "Coke".
Feel free to "Bing" your info.

I call soda a bottle of pop.

#10125 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I call soda a bottle of pop.

Reported.... You are clearly nuts....

LOL

Screenshot_20200413-215237 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200413-215237 (resized).png
#10126 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

ahahaha I watched a press conference on coronavirus tonight by a head of state for a country I won't name (I dunno just assume it was Trudeau or whatever,) but LOL holy shit wow
We live in the dumbest of times.

All I'll say about that press conference is that if your authority is total, then so is your responsibility. Those two go hand in hand.

#10127 4 years ago

This thread is so funny....couple days go by people posting memes and graphs and ...you know general covid info.....then suddenly someone snaps and goes into denial .....starts whistling through the graveyard again....

#10128 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

if your authority is total, then so is your responsibility. Those two go hand in hand.

Quoted for truth.

#10129 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

This thread is so funny....couple days go by people posting memes and graphs and ...you know general covid info.....then suddenly someone snaps and goes into denial .....starts whistling through the graveyard again....

yeah but it's all worth it for like the 3 hours where we all start posting the pinball machines we're working on

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You dont know that.

Go argue with all the epidemiologists that do this for a living.

#10131 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

23,640 people definitely disagree

6 million people from 1939 to 1944 wish they had Gun rights. When I saw a guy dragged out of a bus for not wearing mask. That's when I said I'm out! What's next??? You are dragged into the box car for possiable exposer?

#10132 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iceman cant speak for himself anymore in this thread

You can always light a fire under his ass in the deeproot thread.

Actually, he's been doing a pretty good job of that by himself.

#10133 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

6 million people from 1939 to 1944 wish they had Gun rights

WTFFFFFFF that is the weirdest sentence I've read all year

#10134 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

Silly goose, we already did this:

3B120C3A-DC68-49B7-BA0E-8C060989AC2A (resized).png3B120C3A-DC68-49B7-BA0E-8C060989AC2A (resized).png
#10135 4 years ago

Maybe it’s just me....but does anyone, anywhere really know what the hell is going on with this virus? I mean, over the past month, there’s been so much information and disinformation, who can tell heads from tails? There’s been zero discussions about where PPE comes from or when the supply chain will catch up. No real discussions about when this ‘ends’ and we can get back to living outside our homes. Just plain old partisan media reporting that’s not at all helpful. All the national politicians making cash grabs to protect their campaign financiers. It just feels like more and more bunches of crap everyday.

#10136 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

does anyone, anywhere really know what the hell is going on with this virus?

I have no idea what the hell is going on with all these screen shots of earlier posts.

#10137 4 years ago

this rules <3

IMG_20200413_232328.jpgIMG_20200413_232328.jpg
#10138 4 years ago

Maybe it’s just me....but does anyone, anywhere really know what the hell is going on with this virus?

No they/we do not but yet they downvote the hell out of anyone that says maybe this isn't what we thought it was. I hope like hell that this isnt what we originally thought it was..I think it would be the most wonderful thing in the world if this turned out to be more mild than what we thought.

#10139 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

6 million people from 1939 to 1944 wish they had Gun rights. When I saw a guy dragged out of a bus for not wearing mask. That's when I said I'm out! What's next??? You are dragged into the box car for possiable exposer?

So Holocaust 2.0 is imminent because a bus set safety standards for their passengers during a pandemic? I hope you have people around you that can help talk you down

#10140 4 years ago

To help some of you younger gentlemen and ladies realize where Mr. Phil Lee is coming from, note his avatar is from the old TV show The Prisoner.

This short clip should help.

#10141 4 years ago

. No real discussions about when this ‘ends’ and we can get back to living outside our homes. Just plain old partisan media reporting that’s not at all helpful.

There was a good article on the Washington Post the other day outlining how we could start safely to return to businesses without reigniting an epidemic. I’ll try to find it. I just tune out the partisan noise. In fact I skipped the presidential thing again tonight and got my feature lamps working on Embryon. I haven’t seen Trump or Fauci or any governors in over a week.

#10142 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

So Holocaust 2.0 is imminent because a bus set safety standards for their passengers during a pandemic? I hope you have people around you that can help talk you down

I'll have to agree with you on this one. Many bus drivers have died from people on the bus being infected. If they make a rule that you have to wear a mask then people either need to follow it or not get on the bus. It's that simple.

#10143 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

.I think it would be the most wonderful thing in the world if this turned out to be more mild than what we thought.

It could end today and it would be what we thought! How many dead? How many with permanent lung/liver/heart issues? It’s this bad with all we are doing and it’s been only 2 months! Cities will hit their peaks at different times. Please read/watch a variety of media.

#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There was a good article on the Washington Post the other day outlining how we could start safely to return to businesses without reigniting an epidemic.

Did it mention anything about putting on rosey colored glasses to go along with our facemasks and other protective gear?

ak5ejwle2li01 (resized).jpgak5ejwle2li01 (resized).jpg
#10145 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

[quoted image]
That's my favorite example. I remember seeing those all over the hospital I was working at, at the time. A custom-tooled tape dispenser?! With their narced-up-happy bobbing head mascot as the spool? That didn't come cheap!
Over 15 years ago I was questioning how much money pharmacos were spending to influence prescriptions and spending. Personally I'd rather they lower prices and quit tooling stupid vanity office products.
And I'm sure for every tape dispenser and stitch-branded golf bag, etc I saw, there were nice lunches and free samples and other psychological influences I didn't. Kickbacks don't necessarily mean salary, but anything that influences a prescription. "Here, try some samples of this stuff, they don't cost me anything, let me know if it works..."

The Capoten desk clocks were pretty cool. I think I still have a Prozak clock stashed away..

#10146 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they/we do not but yet they downvote the hell out of anyone that says maybe this isn't what we thought it was. I hope like hell that this isnt what we originally thought it was..I think it would be the most wonderful thing in the world if this turned out to be more mild than what we thought.

I’m gonna try one more time to explain this.

This virus is exactly what we thought. We had data from Europe about how this virus behaves and what the transmissibility was likely to be.

The only reason this is “milder” is because our government took extreme measures.

This virus currently is around a 4% mortality rate based on known cases. Influenza has a 0.1% mortality rate. I’m not sure that would be considered “mild”. With the infectious rate of this virus you would be looking at hundreds of thousands dead without mitigation. If you choose to ignore that I can only say you would be arguing a very weak position and one that goes against the prevailing wisdom of the epidemiologists that do the modeling.

#10147 4 years ago

Meanwhile in SF, mayor reminds folks -it’s official- absolutely no 4/20 event in the park this year!
C2928818-2B74-4759-9EE3-12B197E4BBB4 (resized).jpegC2928818-2B74-4759-9EE3-12B197E4BBB4 (resized).jpeg

#10148 4 years ago

Let's Talk About Punk!

tumblr_9e83b72b27669fbf4bc42a2d271626b7_72f0c76f_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_9e83b72b27669fbf4bc42a2d271626b7_72f0c76f_1280 (resized).jpg
#10149 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m gonna try one more time to explain this.
This virus is exactly what we thought. We had data from Europe about how this virus behaves and what the transmissibility was likely to be.
The only reason this is “milder” is because our government took extreme measures.
This virus currently is around a 4% mortality rate based on known cases. Influenza has a 0.1% mortality rate. I’m not sure that would be considered “mild”. With the infectious rate of this virus you would be looking at hundreds of thousands dead without mitigation. If you choose to ignore that I can only say you would be arguing a very weak position and one that goes against the prevailing wisdom of the epidemiologists that do the modeling.

You dont have to explain anything to me because I already understand all of that. So are you going to tell me with 100% certainty that when we open up the economy that this thing is going to just explode and all of the hospitals everywhere are going to be overwhelmed and people are going to start getting sick and dying in droves?

#10150 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

WTFFFFFFF that is the weirdest sentence I've read all year

Heard that all my life. I just say "I'm normal everyone else is weird"

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/203 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.