272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 576.
#10051 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

How refreshing to see an intelligent, eloquent, decent president again after what we’ve had to endure the last four years!

What did he win the Nobel Peace Prize for again?

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You collected pens from UNC? Pretty sure they can print their own logoed pens. Go Tarheels!

Medical and Pharmaceutical Vendors.

#10053 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its looking more and more all the time that iceman44 was right about the coronavirus all along. I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow and owe him an apology when this is all said and done.
Iceman is quite a character and he loves to get under peoples skin but like him or not he is one smart SOB!

Which part was he right about? I would strongly disagree with you. This virus is likely going to kill 60,000 Americans by August and that’s WITH a shutdown of the country.

If the shutdown didn’t happen you would be looking at 200,000 dead or more.

#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Just came across this - NIH is looking for people who 'think they had' COVID for a study. May be a way to confirm suspicions: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection . There is an email address for requesting to be a part of the study - they want 10,000 participants.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Yeah. I'm goning to leave my house, sign up for some bullshit study, Not.
There were always Flyers for this sort of thing soliciting certain groups for study, some for pay.
All I want is a clear, concise antibody test that doesn't cost a fortune.

#10055 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Illuminati?
Elders of Zion?
Soros?
Masons?
Deep State?
Shallow State?

Sorry, what are you rattling on about?

#10056 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

If he wanted to gain big, all he had to do is not donate billions to medical research.

well let's not forget when billionaires "donate" the actually just set up new organizations that control the money and extend their ideological and political influence. There's a reason Bill Gates net worth has gone way up since deciding to "give away" his wealth.
When the incredibly wealth give away money, they don't do it like you or I. They seldom ever actually let go of the money.

#10057 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This virus is likely going to kill 60,000 Americans by August and that’s WITH a shutdown of the country.

At this point, for me, it is hard to know exactly how this will play out. Too many factors involved.

Will this virus linger for three years and come in waves like the 1918 pandemic?

Does weather affect it at all?

Is people hiding at home just leaving that many more lambs to the slaughter once they start interacting again?

Is the southern hemisphere in for a massive onslaught now that winter is just around the corner?

Too soon to know IMO.

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At this point, for me, it is hard to know exactly how this will play out. Too many factors involved.
Will this virus linger for three years and come in waves like the 1918 pandemic?
Does weather affect it at all?
Is people hiding at home just leaving that many more lambs to the slaughter once they start interacting again?
Is the southern hemisphere in for a massive onslaught now that winter is just around the corner?
Too soon to know IMO.

All good questions without firm answers at the current time.

What I can say is if the mitigation was not done this would be an even more horrible time than it is currently.

#10059 4 years ago

All good questions without firm answers at the current time.

That's the whole thing. There are a lot of charts and guessing right now. Mitigation may just be delaying the inevitable. It's whole point was to spread this out so it did not hit all at once and overwhelm the healthcare industry.

Supposedly, the second wave of the 1918 pandemic was even more deadly than the first.

Stay healthy, my friends.

#10060 4 years ago

Eveyone will be exposed to this particular strain. Everyone. It is time to re-open America.
People will die. They will get sick.
Dedicated Crews will run things, maybe sleeping at the Site. Employees in certain Trades will be like Gold.
N-95 Certified masks for everyone. No bullshit Lily Pulitzer Designer Masks.
THE N-95 will allow a certain measure of freedom, a sense of Safety. Already happening.
Add these measures to the ones already communicated and you have a pathway to Recovery.

#10061 4 years ago

You dont know that.

#10062 4 years ago

A lot of people are in for a rude awakening if a second wave hits harder than the first one no matter what we do. Then we can call just about everybody wrong.

#10063 4 years ago

Which part was he right about? I would strongly disagree with you. This virus is likely going to kill 60,000 Americans by August and that’s WITH a shutdown of the country.

He said we would be back to normal in a month or so and that's what's going to happen looks like. The President is getting ready to open the country back up. He also said that this isnt going to turn out to be as bad as what most people are thinking, well it looks like he is right about that also.

He never said this was nothing, he just said it's not as bad as what alot of people are thinking. I actually agreed with him at first and then I ended up not agreeing with him and I even personally told him that. He told me to just wait and see. Well I've waited and it's starting to look like he was right all along, maybe this wasnt as bad as what all of the experts were predicting it would be.

#10065 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You dont know that.

You are right, he doesn't. No one does. That is what makes this difficult.

What is the allowable number of dead in this scenario? Would you feel better if he is wrong and it is "only" 100,000? What if he is wrong and it is 300,000, 400,000+?

Aren't both of those numbers worse than the current number?

#10066 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He said we would be back to normal in a month or so and that's what's going to happen looks like. The President is getting ready to open the country back up. He also said that this isnt going to turn out to be as bad as what most people are thinking, well it looks like he is right about that also.
He never said this was nothing, he just said it's not as bad as what alot of people are thinking. I actually agreed with him at first and then I ended up not agreeing with him and I even personally told him that. He told me to just wait and see. Well I've waited and it's starting to look like he was right all along, maybe this wasnt as bad as what all if the experts were predicting it would be.

So everything opens up the virus goes away so we don't have to worry about it spreading when everything opens up. Yep sounds likely. You realise the reason it it is not so bad is because of the extraordinary measures right?

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Sorry, what are you rattling on about?

You seemed to know who Bill Gates is working for. Those were my guesses.

#10068 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its looking more and more all the time that iceman44 was right about the coronavirus all along. I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow and owe him an apology when this is all said and done.

Are you fucking serious?! My head just exploded. Wow dude. Woooow.

Holy shit. I am stunned that you are serious.

#10069 4 years ago

This thing can mutate and come back with even more vengeance after it gets tired of man's feeble attempt to contain it.

Or, it could peter out next week and we can say we won until the next one hits.

I don't see anybody that has shown any facts that can show it will go either way.

For being in the heart of the worst pandemic in 100 years, there sure is a lot of unbridled optimism right now.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

if a second wave hits harder than the first one

The Official narrative says this particular virus returns with a vengeance, offers little immunity to those who once suffered from it and is mutating.
Harkening back to an earlier thread authored by Cotten I feel I had it around Mid-November until December 20th.
Made this assumption from first-hand accounts from other Covid sufferers.
There will be no "Second Wave but merely a continuation."

#10071 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He said we would be back to normal in a month or so and that's what's going to happen looks like.

What? Where? I think you are just becoming numb to the numbers being published daily. Just because we are starting to see the curve slightly level out, doesn't mean there arent a bunch of people dying from this daily.

There is nothing normal about this, and it will be here for quite awhile.

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

You seemed to know who Bill Gates is working for. Those were my guesses.

Bill Gates always worked for himself. This implies he is evil.
If he were working for others he would merely be a Lackey.
I simply recognize he is a smart man but I do not trust him.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So everything opens up the virus goes away so we don't have to worry about it spreading when everything opens up. Yep sounds likely. You realise the reason it it is not so bad is because of the extraordinary measures right?

I realize that helps but I also realize that Ohio isn't on the lockdown that everyone thinks it is either. The grocery stores and wal marts are freaking packed to the gills. People are NOT practicing social distancing as much as you think they are. Also even the experts are saying that they dont think this is turning out to be as bad as they thought that it was going to.

I'm not downplaying anything and I feel terrible for the people who have died from this so all you downvote happy people need to chill. People die in large numbers from all kinds of things every year and you dont give two shits about that but you are freaking out about this. What's the f*cking difference????

Once again I'm not saying this is "nothing", my girlfriends friend died from this. All I am saying is it's not as bad as once believed maybe. One or two weeks ago we were all on here shitting out pants thinking we were going to die and most of us are breathing a little easier today I think. Anyone who says any different is a liar.

#10074 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, its been designed to make people sick, be resilient and re-occuring.
Serious? We are being prepared for something. My guess is Yellowstone erupting, I could be wrong.
It's going to be Big whatever it is, this current incident is a dry run.

#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He never said this was nothing, he just said it's not as bad as what alot of people are thinking. I actually agreed with him at first and then I ended up not agreeing with him and I even personally told him that. He told me to just wait and see. Well I've waited and it's starting to look like he was right all along, maybe this wasnt as bad as what all of the experts were predicting it would be.

Man you gotta ease up on your grip a little or you might accidentally castrate him.

#10076 4 years ago

A hockey player on the news from one of the local teams just said one of the only things I've heard that I believe to be a fact.

"We have no idea how long this virus will last, or when we will be able to play again"

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

One or two weeks ago we were all on here shitting out pants thinking we were going to die and most of us are breathing a little easier today I think. Anyone who says any different is a liar.

I am a lot of things, but I am never going to be a liar. I am more worried about this now than I was before to be honest with you. I have been following this since January.

This thing has been steamrolling everything it touches. The only solution we have come up with so far is to try and get out of the way.

Even if it doesn't kill everything in its path, I am hopeful it will be the breaking point to get rid of some of the recent politics that people seem to be okay with.

We have a lot of things we need to do to get this ship upright, and hopefully this virus has shown enough people where our country has failed miserably and is causing us to take on water.

#10078 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man you gotta ease up on your grip a little or you might accidentally castrate him.

Just telling it the way that I see it and that's the way that I see it. I may change my mind next week again, but right now this is how I feel. I flat out told iceman that I thought he got it wrong about this a couple weeks or so ago but right now he's looking like he may be right again.

#10079 4 years ago

I'm just bustin yer balls Terry. None of us know wtf is going on right now. Truly unprecedented.

#10080 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This thing has been steamrolling everything it touches.

That is a absolutely false! This virus to date has a very low kill rate percentage wise. That doesnt make it insignificant or a non issue but it is NOT steamrolling everyone. Yes this virus is a problem but so is the flu, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many many other things.

#10081 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People die in large numbers from all kinds of things every year and you dont give two shits about that but you are freaking out about this. What's the f*cking difference????

I am sad that you are making this argument.

#10082 4 years ago

I will admit, arguing over the end of the world and who is right and who is wrong has me a lot more intrigued than what the next music themed pinball machine should be.

#10083 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will admit, arguing over the end of the world and who is right and who is wrong has me a lot more intrigued than what the next music themed pinball machine should be.

You apparently haven't heard about the Guns n Roses pin.

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm just bustin yer balls Terry. None of us know wtf is going on right now. Truly unprecedented.

I know that brother. Hey I'm still scared a little I wont lie, but I'm damn sure not as scared as I was a couple weeks ago. That could change again also and I realise that. I am in no way trying to act like an expert, I'm just adding to the discussion here. Iceman cant speak for himself anymore in this thread but that doesnt make his talking points invalid right?

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iceman is quite a character and he loves to get under peoples skin but like him or not he is one smart SOB!

That’s a proposition that you can never answer because no one can predict where we would be if no action had been taken.

#10086 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You apparently haven't heard about the Guns n Roses pin.

Like 25 years ago.

And I'm the exact same age as Axl, give or take a few days, but with a few less pounds.

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am sad that you are making this argument.

Why? I am right about what I am saying. All of those diseases and viruses matter just as much as this one does. Tell me why I'm wrong?

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That’s a proposition that you can never answer because no one can predict where we would be if no action had been taken.

True and that's part of my point.

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is a absolutely false! This virus to date has a very low kill rate percentage wise. That doesnt make it insignificant or a non issue but it is NOT steamrolling everyone. Yes this virus is a problem but so is the flu, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many many other things.

Stop thinking in absolutes man.... This thing is crushing people.

You don't have to be dead to be a victim. The transmission on this is super aggressive, the toll it is taking on the body is severe and rapid, the ability to transmit without showing any signs is crazy, and some of the damage that it is doing to the body after it didn't actually kill someone is crazy.

Spend the next couple of days looking up photos of hospitals overcrowded with dead bodies piling up outside them and remember that none of that was caused by any of the things you just listed.

There are a ton of things that cause us to die every year, but not all at the same time.

#10090 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why? I am right about what I am saying. All of those diseases and viruses matter just as much as this one does. Tell me why I'm wrong?

You gotta stop with the "I am right".... Seriously. Take a step back and just look around at what is going on. Look at how unprepared the entire world was for this thing.

All of those diseases DO matter, but we are prepared to deal with them. We have a history and understanding of them.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Spend the next couple of days looking up photos of hospitals overcrowded with dead bodies piling

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You gotta stop with the "I am right".... Seriously. Take a step back and just look around at what is going on. Look at how unprepared the entire world was for this thing.
All of those diseases DO matter, but we are prepared to deal with them. We have a history and understanding of them.

Of course we were unprepared. Who's fault is that?

#10093 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tell me why I'm wrong?

If you haven’t figured out why you are wrong, I won’t be able to explain it to you.

I’m serious that I’m sad that you make that argument though. I gave you a lot of credit for changing your mind when reality set in. I think you’re off the deep end on lots of things honestly but I was happy to see that you could take in the info and adapt. But you’re back to the start almost, minus the mocking at least.

Entire nursing homes are dying. 350 people at a meat packing plant just tested positive. Doctors and nurses have died. They ran out of body bags in Detroit. They have a tent hospital in Central Park. On and on.

All this while the planet is turned off and we’re sitting home. In 2 months!

#10094 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

I had to take my gf to the ER Friday. There were like four people on there and that's the truth. There are certain areas that are being hit very hard for sure but most areas are not.

#10095 4 years ago

Was there a tweet about this or a memo? I find it odd that all the sudden these ridiculous conspiracy theories pop up AGAIN all at once. You guys are just lost to reality.

#10096 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Was there a tweet about this or a memo? I find it odd that all the sudden these ridiculous conspiracy theories pop up AGAIN all at once. You guys are just lost to reality.

You and I both know where this nonsense is coming from.

#10097 4 years ago

3wjizq (resized).jpg3wjizq (resized).jpg

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Are you someone we should consider an Authority? Why should we consider your concerns, could you please provide some background? Not trying to disregard your opinion, just wondering.

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Of course we were unprepared. Who's fault is that?

Everyone. When was the last pandemic? Our world is so much more interconnected than the last pandemic, this was bound to happen. Preparation and execution are two different things.

The free countries that seem to be doing a bit better with this seem a lot more prepared to deal with these scenarios. This is a mindset and is something that is practiced and taught.

America has been on the more reactive side of this and not the proactive side of this. It's easy to do, we do it all the time. Think about the things in your own daily life you make decisions on- do you have a backflow valve on your sewer, do you have a whole house generator, etc.

It's easy to not spend time or money on something that has never happened to you. But when it does happen to you it is even easier to understand what it is like to not have something.

#10100 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This reminds me of something I might type, in that it makes absolutely no fucking sense.
Phil you decided to give that dark rum another chance didn't ya?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/202?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.