272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

445 posts in this topic match your search for posts by who-dey. You are on page 1 of 2.
#18 4 years ago

Glad you started this new thread. Hopefully it will remain politics free!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When did daditude become a moderator?

Dont know but glad he is one.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I would assume it was cause i was blasted.

If your wife finds out that you are up this late drinking beer you're gonna get blasted alright. Blasted right upside your head!

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The DKs are still the flavor of the day.

Those guys suck

#524 4 years ago

More than one person dying every hour from Coronavirus in NY......not good!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-killing-more-than-a-person-an-hour-in-nyc

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are two tow trucks in front of my house right now, I said " haven't you heard of go home or stay home by now?

At 3am?? Damn

#529 4 years ago

Go throw a beer bottle at them

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

When in the bloody hell will Ohio Shut it down. What are they waiting for????? Shut it all down!

Shut what down? Everything is shut down already.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

our leader called it a hoax a

Stop spreading lies. That is 100% false!

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Just watched American Factory on net flix because I am at home self quarantining. Watch it.

That plant is close to where I work at and I have had friends that work there. It pissed me off and let's just say it made me feel much different about the Chinese. You can decide for yourself if that's good or bad.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did I tell you somebody 2 rooms down found bedbugs in their room?! The Louisville Ramada makes Motel 6 look like the Broadmoor. I never found any, but sanitized everything anyway.

That loud shitty ass metal music that you listen to probably scared the bed bugs to death and made them leave your room!

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Why did I just see on Fox, Watters World, that we are ready for War with Russia or China?

At least you are finally watching a good news channel. Jessie Watters is a douche though.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The American Factory documentary was produced by Barrack and Michelle Obama.

Figures

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Figures ? I don't understand. Would you have rather the documentary not have been made? To me, it shows what can happen in the country. It seemed like an honest assessment of what happened to that plant, whether anybody likes it, or not.
All I can say is that I am glad I am retired and not have to deal with this kind of crap.
I will say this from what I saw when watching it. That young Chinese guy wanted to hang some Chinese posters and the boss said, "No, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. So some US posters went up.
I can't remember but I think that factory was flying the American flag. Japanese/American Honda dealerships fly the American flag. BMW flies the American flag. Actually, I think most dealerships fly the American flag, no matter where the cars are made.
Would you like to guess/know what flags GM, and Ford fly over in China? I would, too. But I am guessing they are not flying the American flag, even though China makes those, too.

They also said American workers are lazy and that they dont work efficiently. I have to disagree totally. F*ck them all!

#1046 4 years ago

I got out today to go get some food and the grocery stores and Wal Mart was packed. I went to CVS and people just seem to act like nothing is happening.......kinda weird.

I am noticing much less traffic on the roads In general but like I said the stores arent slowing down any. My future grocery trips will be online orders only. I dont want to go around people unless I a absolutely have to. I'm probably not going to be able to keep from getting it considering I work around a couple nasty MF's but I'm going to do my part and try to stay safe.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

You clearly haven’t seen the rest of his posts.

Lol that's funny

#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone else remember the mouth watering smell that KFCs in the 80s and 90s emitted? I would be riding my bike as a kid and 2 to 3 blocks away you'd start to smell that smell. Damn you better exhaust/squirrel fans:/

I still like KFC chicken alot. It's pretty good stuff! Nobody makes a better chicken sandwich than Chic Fil a though. Popeye's has a great one now but it's still not chic fil a.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't want to live in a world where I can't have cheese.

Amen brother

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Stay away from that shit if you can. Results in high cancer risk/rates. Same with dairy.

I rarely eat KFC or Chic fil A either one but I like them, especially Chic fil A. That's the best damn chicken sandwich ever made period!

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I brought a black friend to who-dey's home. Sounds like a real racist to allow that.

Yeah and dont tell him how I ran him off and called him all kinds of bad names and stuff........oh yeah and how we are really good friends now also. I'm so racist.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, the biggest gang of all us the US military. And i hope they wipe the street with assholes that think they can take the law into their own hands. If I pay my taxes for anything, it’s to clean the slate with assholes that think anarchy works.

Don't expect anyone else to protect you because they cant be everywhere. Hopefully you have the means to protect yourself, if not you are screwed..

#1599 4 years ago

For the benefit of what? Why does this freaking matter? It antogonizes the world’s “other” superpower, and, last time I checked, a major owner of US debt and property. This is just STUPiD posturing. And if you think it s important, you probably thought it was important to meet the town dweeb at the flagpole after school. Only China isn’t the town dweeb. And if you think they are, YOU are the town retard.

edited

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They make all the medical supplies

It's time to change that then isnt it? I dont want to buy anything made in China anymore if I can help it.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

sure, keep spinning it and denying the reality of 'why'. Anything to avoid the truth.

I'm not spinning anything. Why are you taking up for the people that are going to be responsible for killing tons of people?

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a fact....seems to me all the lefties are making this a political issue

That's because they have nothing else so this is the newest hoax

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dude:
The U.S. debt to China is $1.07 trillion as of December 2019.

I would tell them to stick that debt up their ass after this shit here.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Don’t respond, report....though earlier today SOMEone said it was never called a hoax. Lol

I'm not saying the virus is a hoax. How about the newest witch hunt, would that be a better term?

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

The USA has and will always be melting pot. We fight and bicker. It might look like we are our own worst enemy. When it comes down to it we come together like always. You will see.

This is true BUT...we are more divided than ever politically so something has got to give eventually. The shit will hit the fan eventually and people will have to choose their side.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Singapore is doing Excellent, same as South Korea. From the past experiences with other Viruses, everyone was well stocked with masks, and they locked down really early.
This is the lesson to be learned. A 2-3 month supply of Masks per person, and more people can go out.
You cant go out without one, in most all urban areas. $30-$50 per person, for a 3 month supply.
On top of that they have the highest health care, at the lowest cost...roughly 1/3 ours.
Its a great model to use or adapt to fix our issues here in healthcare.

But but but....I thought masks dont help?

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I choose NFL. When is it starting...?

I dont know but Iam hoping between the warm weather coming and people staying home that this virus goes away and we can start the season on time. It looks like we are going to lose most of the MLB season as well. What are your thoughts?

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure I follow. Are you predicting a second civil war or something? The first one didn’t go so well, I’d hope we’d have more sense than to try that again.

I truly believe that we could be headed for that.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Aaandddd...we’re somehow back to the circuitous, cyclical banter about right vs. left.

No not at all. I dont talk right and left on here really. I honestly try and stay away from that stuff because I know that it's a no win situation and not allowed anyways.

#1738 4 years ago

How long can we continue to be in lockdown like this until we have a total economic collapse and go into a depression? Serious question. I gotta believe we are only weeks away.

#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Unfortunately, I don't disagree. This is shaping up to be another Spanish Flu type pandemic with a lot of casualties domestically and globally.
I'm pretty scared for my elderly parents, and for myself. I have some asthma issues and this thing scares the hell out of me.

That's what everyone keeps saying but the death toll still doesnt seem to be astronomically high yet. Sure would be nice to see warm weather slow it down some and buy some more time for treatments and meds.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Exactly why we’ve made the decision to sanitize and delay opening all packages and mail right now. As this thing continues to spread, who knows who has handled the deliveries and exactly how long this stuff lasts on paper and packaging.

And could we please stop all the unnecessary junk mail until this is over with??

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Large quantities of alcohol?

If theres any truth to that then most pinheads should be pretty safe.

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Well I have been thinking about the heat thing(temperature). I'm pretty sure it's UV light. Heat does jackshit and jack just left town! That is why the the other viruses die out in summer time. This is different animal it dies in UV light is the same but its very transmittable. Then boom some random ass skank infected you. Damn cloud cover!

That's true also but I read somewhere that this virus doesn't like temperatures over 79 degrees.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

98.6 hasn't seemed to bother it much yet.

Yes I thought about that already also.

#1787 4 years ago

I have a feeling that the masks that all those people are wearing makes a person a lot more safer than what our experts are telling us.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pennsylvania's business shutdown starts at 8AM. Over 10,000 businesses applied for waivers...but they won't release the approval/denial statistics. These 10k businesses were ones from the generic listing of business sectors that were already ordered to close. Many businesses are already saying they will violate the order and keep working. My company supposedly applied for a waiver, even though we do nothing life sustaining...and i'm at work now. So long as these businesses feel they are more important than the people they are affecting, the US is doomed at stopping this virus in a timely manner. If it is so safe to be at work with 200 other people, I find it odd that upper management isn't out on the plant floor disinfecting surfaces to help others see that we are not in harms way. Oh wait, they are working from the comfort and safety of their own homes.

Yeah Ohio goes on a lockdown tonight at midnight but my company said F*ck you guys you're working anyways. Oh yeah and some idiot just got back from a cruise last week and he called off sick today. Between all of that and the nasty f*cking people that i have to share my work area with I know that I am 100% screwed. My company wouldn't shut down if a nuclear bomb got dropped on the building.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have to call the hospital today as I'm scheduled for pulmonary test tomorrow but, to be honest I don't want to go in the hospital. I'm in the age bracket that is most at risk, although I question that with all the younger people coming up sick. Seems to me at this point there is no "at most risk" group, this virus is infecting and killing indiscriminately throughout our population.
Damn Who-dey, this will be the first time in 150yrs Cincinnati's Reds opening day parade will not take place. Lotta "first" unfortunately happening all over our nation during this outbreak.

Reschedule that test RW, it's not worth the risk dude. I would absolutely not go the hospital right now unless you think its totally neccessary.

When I left work this morning there was a lot of traffic, everything seemed normal. It's going to be interesting to see how traffic is tomorrow morning when the lockdown is in place. As of right now I dont too many Ohioans giving a shit about this virus. The stores are packed and there is plenty of traffic.

I will say that in the evenings there is less traffic for sure. Other than that though Ohio seems to be operating full steam ahead. Bummer about the Reds because this is the best team they've had in many many years.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sounds like Michigan is the next date to go on lockdown. I'm glad I sold a game early last week while I could.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2020/03/23/whitmer-michigan-lock-down-like-ohio-six-others-coronavirus-covid-19/2896041001/

They should have closed that state down years ago!

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

So, I take it no one else is having a "Covid-19" party?
[quoted image]

Wow you have some really stupid effing neighbors!

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Best way to protect yourself from Coronavirus ... don’t go to large gatherings (10 people or more).

This makes zero sense to me why they are telling people this. It only takes one person to infect you. Im staying away from everyone i can!

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Germany has finally come out and directed people to stay away from gatherings of more than 2 people. That means you + 1 other person. Heck that is lower than the number of people in and average family of 2.5.

People who are stupid.....and there a lot of stupid people on this earth will look at the ten people rule and think as long as there are only ten of them that they are safe and can rub elbows as much as they want to. Thats what bothers me about that.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just trying to balance out all your stupid comments

That would take like a year at least.

#2264 4 years ago

Ohio started their two week lockdown at midnight last night. On my way home from work this morning there were cars out the ass on the roads. So much for Ohio's lockdown I guess. Businesses are thumbing their noses at the governors lockdown looks like.

#2275 4 years ago

And then you have these f'Ing idiots here. This is a mega church, not your typical church...its HUGE!!!

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0OWSzyKA?s=a99&pd=036lRQ6C

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm a dingdong laborer.

So I should call you a ding dong instead of a dipshit then?

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

general hysteria isn’t happening here.

Says the guy who has bars on his windows lmao.

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Things could definitely be worse... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that's a great collection of games!

#2726 4 years ago

So what am i supposed to about my dried up hands that I have from washing the shit out of them so much???? And don't say lotion either because while it helps it isnt helping enough. My hands feel like alligator skin dammit!!

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We could always use more humor...especially in this thread. Do you have any memes?
I love the game room pics too. Got any?

Hes got my GOT in his gameroom. What a mistake I made selling that to him.....I miss it!

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Oh!! I see a lot of real estate where pins can go!

His wife wont let him buy any more. She about divorced him when he bought my GOT and didnt tell her.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Oh ban for all grammar dick wads.

Go drunk your home! Lol

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Do a lot of you go to fox for your news? Serious question.

It's the ONLY place that I go for my news. Anything else is fake news!

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A serious suggestion for you - put me on ignore. You clearly are agitated by my posts - and miss their point entirely - so why read them?
I’ve picked up about 5 new ignores from this thread, rather than bicker with people. Give it a shot.

I just gotta know, has anyone ever confronted you in real life from all the shit that you talk online?

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

It's literally what some talking heads and politicians are proposing - it's better to die than let the economy collapse. He's poking fun at that rhetoric, because of course it's a ghoulish take.

Doesn't matter, it's in very poor taste

#2824 4 years ago

(edited)

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

you should be angry and offended...just not at Levi.

Well sorry we are offended at Levi. Wonder if he would think it's funny if it happened to someone in his family and someone made a joke about it?

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are the recovered US numbers really only 616? I thought it was way higher than that...if not..that's scary...

It's way higher than that because many people have already had it and recovered and never reported being sick.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules
"Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere."
I can tell you that we realize this subject is tied into politics somewhat, so it can be a bit difficult to divide the two for some. If you quote a political leader or share information that has come from a politician, we don't find it to necessarily be an issue. If you cast dispersions about political figures or parties, you will be moderated. We want information, not bickering. If you are not sure, you probably should not post it.

They should allow "one" thread where people can discuss politics. People who don't like discussing that could simply just not come in and participate in the discussion. Just my opinion.....

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

With all the people getting laid off, will they lose their employer healthcare?

If they're laid off permanently of course they will. No company has ever continued to give ex employees healthcare after they laid them off. Lol

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We can no longer discuss politics civilly. The division has been stoked so deeply that a thread that allowed it would just be a contest of who could get the other side to go away in frustration and anger. Pinside is not the place for it, as it would not end well.

I dont care personally because I dont talk politics much anyways but there really wouldnt be anything wrong with a thread where people could do so. If someone gets out of line and acts like a total ass you moderate them. If you dont like the thread topic then you just dont participate in the thread..its really very simple and not a big deal.

#3415 4 years ago

I heard NY is starting to look a little bit better? Hopefully that's true

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It was 85° here in Texas today. I am sure we will get our 100+ days of 100+ degree heat, just like EVERY summer. Hopefully we won't have as many cases. I really feel for those that live in the big apple, though.

That Texas heat will kill off the virus hopefully!

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

If it's made by GM it will be all rusted out far before it hits 100k miles.

More likely to just stop running when you need it the most.

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL, I said the same thing when looking at the picture. I've been wearing the mask for a couple days now. Was only one other person wearing one. Now there are 3 more today with masks. Dozens of customers wear them now too. Always masks me feel a little safer dealing with customers when they are wearing them. Can only imagine they feel the same way about workers wearing them.

Smart man! I would wear one in your position for sure if they are available.

#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Aren't masks for people who are sick and not for people who are worried about getting sick? I thought the idea of masks was to keep your germs/illness/contagion from spreading to others.
From World Health Organization:
If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
When I see people with mask I think they may be ill... idk?

Fck the WHO, any moron knows that you are safer wearing a mask. You would have to be a complete idiot to think otherwise!

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

, I have Ozark season 3 in the queue to watch

Same here but I got sidetracked by of all things the Tiger King.....WTF??? Crazy ass show let me tell ya!

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is one of the top watched shows on Netflix, maybe #1. It has TONS of buzz. It's a real train wreck, but you can't look away.

Lol yes this ^^^ exactly! I dont know how it's going to end but it's been an entertaining ride so far to say the least.

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is one of the top watched shows on Netflix, maybe #1. It has TONS of buzz. It's a real train wreck, but you can't look away.

Holy crap, just finished Tiger King up and what a wild and crazy ass story that is. He is quite a character and so are many other people in the show. I just cant imagine having that kind of drama in my life. I don't want to give any spoilers so I'm just going to leave it at that. Definitely worth a watch though for sure.

#4504 4 years ago

I said majority rule. Not the electoral college. Guess you missed that part?
And yes, I think 250 years after the constitution was written some changes are necessary. They’re called “amendments”, and we need one to abolish the electoral college. So that the majority of Americans hopes and dreams aren’t highjacked by a bunch of yahoos gaming the system.

Man I seriously cannot believe your unamerican way of thinking (and those of you that agree with him either) and your hate for this country. Oh yeah and how the hell have you not been banned from this thread yet? Every post you make is about politics. Funny how some people like yourself can say anything that they want and arent held accountable.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Electoral college is widely regarded as out of date. Not a radical assertion or “unamerican” whatever the ef that means...

The electoral college is f*cking brilliant and it was put in place for a reason. Educate yourself and find out why. Our forefathers were literally f*cling brilliant people.

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I feel like us non-Americans should have our own designated thread where we just look at the headlines from America and silently mouth "W T F" every hour.
Would save pinside like 50% of all moderation

Good idea, you should go start one! Bye

#4518 4 years ago

It's not going to get changed so may as well forget it. The people that dont like the election results need to stfu and get over it. I've never seen this kind of crying and acting like stupid little babies in my life. I hated the last guy that got voted in with a passion but I still stood behind him a d wanted him to do good for our country. He didnt but I never wanted him to be the failure that he was I promise you. I would have been an unamerican POS if I would have been that way.

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The thought also crossed my mind what if the other option was in charge now.

Exactly. You wanna talk about a f'ing disaster, now that would have been a disaster!

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Good job dickheads.

Hes allowed to leave if he wants to. Theres not really much that he can say anyways that we dont already know is there? I'm not sure why he would be so bothered by what was being said but if it bothers him then he should leave I guess. This thread was not about him, it was about the coronavirus pandemic.

#4546 4 years ago

Yes really. I wasnt being rude, just being honest. I know people hate the truth and cant usually handle it but what I said was true..

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Us vs. them mentality i

That's a fact there. They have turned it into this. They started it and we will finish it.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yup, I'm a Canadian. Long story short when I moved to the USA I had zero medical debt, zero school debt, zero debt period. The poor locals couldn't wrap their head around that concept as it seems like most Americans are drowning in some form of debt. Ironically even with all that debt, my schooling was better than theirs having done stuff like Calculus in high school. It made getting a job down here quite trivial.

Quoted from albummydavis:

Why did you want to move to such a shitty country?

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Maybe take a walk or jog in place for a bit. Deep breaths. Seriously.

This is how I always am. I'm not mad at all, I just tell it like it is.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You’re telling it how you see it. VERY ANGRILY. Grrrrrr

That's because I'm tired of all the BS. It is what it is and I'm not changing for anybody. I never have and never will take shit off of people and the older I get the more I hate stupid people.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Sometimes you have to be blunt about this social distancing.

This is the truth. Theres a guy I work with that has always been one to invade your personal space I guess you would say. I've told him and told him to keep his distance from me and to please get out of my face. I actually yelled at him today and told him to get the f out of my face. Hes so f'ing stupid though that I doubt that he will stop doing it. Such a f moron!

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

While he still can?
Sorry whodey. That one was just too easy. Just my way of coping : )

It's ok we all get old if we are lucky. I can still take care of myself if I need to. Anyways I'm not that damm old yet lol. I'm only 54 jackass!

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That will cause problems....

No doubt. How dumb

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If they do that here in Texas, all hell will break loose. I'm not even joking...Texans will flip out.
I'm glad I stopped drinking.

I'm not sure what the point of it is?

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

They tried it in Denver earlier in the week, lasted a few hours until things started to get out of hand. Lines running down the block outside of every store with people trying to buy before the closures. The more you try to restrict things, the more people will panic, and it will lead to acts of vandalism too. It is in the public's best interest to keep these stores open.

You can still buy it at a store surely though cant you? I think he just shut the bars and restaurants down for dine in.

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:It looks like it was a prank. I thought it was a joke by arcademojo, but the statement was a joke all together (rick rolled!)

What if I would have rioted and did something really crazy??

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I did specifically ask Daditude to delete the post before Who-Dey bum rushed the closes beer distro. LOL

Just be glad you didn't say that happened in Indiana. Can you imagine what a guy like Gryszzz might have done? They would have came and arrested you for inciting a riot......or maybe rampage would be a better word!

#4720 4 years ago

I have a feeling that those charts are going to get so scary eventually that people arent going to want to look at them.

#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I should have posted the linear curve. It's already scary.

I heard on the radio that they are expecting the hospitals to start getting overrun in Ohio in about two weeks and they dont expect it to level off until mid may. There is something that they aren't telling us about this. I am confident of that.

#4724 4 years ago

So 10K people have died in less than ten days? Not good!

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

without a quarantine, it almost ensures communities and states across the entire eastern seaboard will be devastated by the epidemic as wel

So true

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can only go so hungry for so long.[quoted image]

Looks good odin!

#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I’m 43, wife is 45, kids 11.
Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from the allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it went through war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was losing up.
Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue lasted would come and go in waves for 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was starting to spit out clear phlegm.
Day 6-7: Worried I was starting to relapse a bit. Lungs felt like sandpaper and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with The parents on one of those days so they could talk grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.
Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did breath deep there was an additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.
Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.
It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine.

Glad you and your family are ok. Sounds like you were borderline needing to be hospitalized.

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As my long deceased grandfather who I still respect very much used to say.. mighty fine.

Pizza is like sex odin. Even when it's bad it's still good.

#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Good news is I've lost 76 pounds.

Impressive Dad, nice going dude for real!

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

About the persistence time of the coronavirus on various surfaces, very disparate / conflicting results have been reported.
This scientific article (link here: https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext) summarizes findings from different labs and compares decontamination protocols.
The consensus is that it lasts longer on glass, plastic and steel (several days). Your takeaway pizza in a cardboard box is only a bit safer... but if I were you, I would put it back in the oven for 30' at 170°F or more before eating it.
Abstract:
Currently, the emergence of a novel human coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, has become a global health concern causing severe respiratory tract infections in humans. Human-to-human transmissions have been described with incubation times between 2-10 days, facilitating its spread via droplets, contaminated hands or surfaces. We therefore reviewed the literature on all available information about the persistence of human and veterinary coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces as well as inactivation strategies with biocidal agents used for chemical disinfection, e.g. in healthcare facilities. The analysis of 22 studies reveals that human coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus or endemic human coronaviruses (HCoV) can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62–71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute. Other biocidal agents such as 0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02% chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective. As no specific therapies are available for SARS-CoV-2, early containment and prevention of further spread will be crucial to stop the ongoing outbreak and to control this novel infectious thread.

I believe that eating out is far more dangerous than the experts are letting on. I've ate fast food 2 or 3 times lately but I've also decided not to eat it many times and went ahead and fixed my own dinner at home. It sucks if you cant even go get a pizza without worrying about coronavirus germs on it.

#5044 4 years ago

My gf has a friend who tested positive for the virus and is in ICU fighting for her life as we speak..

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I can't think of a President in the last 90 years less suited to lead us during this crisis.
A chance to give everyone hope and bring us together and he pisses it away to yell at reporters and make everything partisan.

#5068 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

60 Minutes will be doing a report on how hospitals in New York are handling this. Probably already on on the east coast.
Wonder how this will affect the markets when they reopen tomorrow.

I've read that it is a nightmare there and the workers are totally stressed and putting in countless hours.

#5069 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

"Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University, reopened the school's campus last week. By Friday, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggest Covid-19. https://t.co/dmgBQ27pdZ
"
"“I’m not allowed to talk to you because I’m an employee here,” one student living on campus wrote in an email. But, he pleaded, “we need help to go home.""

What an idiot he is!

#5079 4 years ago

I really do feel sorry for all of the hospital workers right now. I know they gotta be scared to death. I don't like coming to work either right now either in fear of getting this but their situation is just flat out scary.

#5085 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

CBC just covered rise of Asian racism in the US and a severe spike in Asians buying guns. US government officials tried to have the virus named Wuhan Virus, which was flatly rejected by the international community.
They interviewed people buying guns for the first time. They each said that "leaders" are responsible for the hatred they are living with.
Support your fellow Americans and slap down racism, even if it feels subtle to you. On the other side, it's not subtle.

I think the real story is that people in this country now hate China's government, not Asian people that are living here in the U.S. or even the people that live in China.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

please take your trolling elsewhere.

No! Oh you was talking to him, sorry.

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think China downplayed how bad this really was and how many actually died as well.

They lie about everything else so why should this be any different? They knew if they lied to us and said it wasnt that bad that we wouldnt prepare well enough for it and it would kill many more people. Now they are sitting back laughing at us.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Being this virus originated in China, they would have not seen this coming and had less time than the rest of the world to prepare but even more importantly less time to react. As contagious as this virus is, it would have spread like wildfire before they even knew what hit them. By the time they got their welders out the numbers would have already been higher than what they claim through this whole thing. It simply isn’t possible that their numbers are accurate.

There is so much more to this story than what we know and what we are being told. Soooooo much more.

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't understand why you guys even care about China's numbers. Right, wrong, who cares? Does it matter? What matters is how our own country handles it, wherever we may be living. It was clearly a very serious thing when it was happening in China, a bunch of countries (including the US) were very slow to react, while other countries like South Korea and Vietnam were on the ball from the start. We 'could' have shut down all flights and tracked down all people who had traveled to those areas and tested them aggressively but we didn't. This is the result of inaction.
To understand how locking things down can make such a difference, just look at our own country. Washington initially had way more cases than anyone else, was aggressive shutting things down, and has done a good job containing it. Washington is now 8th in cases. Based upon the logic you guys are spouting above, there's no way that should have been possible, but it was through being very proactive when they spotted the problem.
Other countries have their own issues, but in the US it's being caused by:
states all taking different approaches
no central approach from the states as a group
free travel to anywhere across the US still
lack of testing
and frankly huge grocery stores, nobody should be allowed in a big store anymore. Delivery to your house or to a car in the lot only. Protect people and employees when getting necessities.

It matters because the information that we could get out of them could really help us fight this and save some lives. Being truthful with us is the least they could do since they are the reason we are in this mess right now.

#5198 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry, but let's get real here. You've been playing follow the leader from the beginning.

I have no shame at all in admitting I thought this was not going to be a big deal. I am always changing my mind on things as they evolve. I don't know everything and never claimed to. I am right a lot more than I am wrong but I was wrong about this. Big deal

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The same could be said for our own country. If our own government is 'you're on your own' why do you think that's acceptable but expect different from China who you condemn.

Not going to discuss politics with you so move along

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I thought we were blaming bats just a couple pages back?

No not at all. We are blaming people that are dumb enough to eat one..

#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We are just using it as an excuse to post baby bat pics[quoted image]

He's too cute to eat for sure.

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do like chatting with the late night crew. I bet you guys can almost tell when I've been drinking or not.

Well you pretty much always act the same so you are either sober all the time or drunk all of the time. Which is it?

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, it wasn't about 'that', it was about the rhetoric in the posts as if there isn't a reason other than China

Well I guess you're just going to have to get over it. Not sure what else to tell you really.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You were wrong about the biggest deal in your lifetime, and the science was right in front of your face. Maybe time to be introspective?

I'm not a scientist. What do you want me to do kill myself for being wrong about something? Go on National TV and tell everyone that I'm an idiot or what? Lol

#5220 4 years ago

Gotta love the people that are being so boastful about being right about this don't you? Of course if they ended up being wrong they would act like they didn't say that we were going to have a crisis like this.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No, just reevaluate the way you consume and process information. Your the one who doesn't think it's a big deal that you failed to understand what was true. Said so yourself. It IS a big deal.

Wasn't the first time I've ever been wrong and it damn sure wont be the last either. Kind of hard to blame someone for being skeptical about something like this considering it hasnt happened on over 100 years isnt it?

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's tough not drinking these days...at least for me.

I used to be a HUGE drinker and I dont miss it at all. The hangovers started hurting worse and worse and I just decided it wasn't worth it. It would have killed me for sure if I would have continued drinking as much as I was anyways. I still drink a few beers here and there, I just dont drink to get smashed anymore. I do miss my wild partying days though I wont lie but you cant be 18 forever.

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I literally haven't been drinking at all for 5 months. I'm not saying I won't ever again in the future, but I'm not for the time being.
I have been sleeping much better, however.

My thing now is occasionally I love to go have a good micro brewed beer. I also enjoy a couple of Blue Moons in a frosted glass at home sometimes. Not much into drinking the 15 or 20 Bud Lights anymore.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love the logic: admit your wrong and all responsibilities for your actions disappear.

I really don’t quite understand WTF you are talking about or so upset about. What responsibilities could i possibly have for thinking this would not turn into the shit show that it has? Im pretty sure that about 90% of the population didn’t think that this would happen. You are acting like I’m the surgeon general or something and i told everyone in America that nothing was going to happen. Give it a rest dude. You already have heart issues so please dont have a heart attack because some dipshit named Who Dey on the internet didn’t think there was going to be a pandemic. I mean seriously, that’s just stupid.

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice:
Please no more comments on Who-Dey admitting he was wrong... We got it and he got it ! Thanks.

Thank you! I mean its not like i was going off on people and making fun of them and telling them that they were stupid and stuff, i just didn’t think it was going to happen. I was wrong, not sure what the big deal is.

#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ugh... reading comprehension.. again! Where did I say I have a heart problem? Never had a single issue in my life.
For you and your crew of deniers: Far, far, far less than 90% of the population thought this was "fake news." It's only the Fox crew that thought that. Most of the first world was amazed at the response. You supported this response.
You said you were wrong, and that's great. I commend you for it. But you also said you didn't care that you were wrong, a point you notedly left out in your reply. I simply responded by stating that you should care, and, sorry, I'm right. You should care. You should reconsider trusting Fox. That's it. But your blinders are on yet again. So run blind. Run free. I won't run with you though because, as we all know, my heart is such a concern.

You have mentioned that you are in pretty bad health many times and i thought you said that it was your heart. I could have swore that you said that you have had heart surgeries? My thoughts on this virus were not from watching fox news, they were MY own thoughts. I don't sit around and watch the news all day But when i do Fox news is my choice. Shoot me i guess for not liking Don Lemon on CNN or Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

who-dey at least we still have bubble hockey amirite?

Absolutely! The only problem is everyone is afraid to come over and play right now and quite frankly i don't want anyone over right now either so its hard to play by yourself lol. I have been playing more pinball than usual though so thats a good thing. Cant wait until all this is over though. Im sure my friends will be more than ready for some beers and bubble hockey by then.

#5338 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only thing I'm debating you about is caring about being wrong. You don't care, and I think you should.

Im sorry but its hard for me to care about that and im certainly not going to beat myself up over it. Im not perfect and i never will be.

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

So many smaller company CEOs are all "screw you workers, you better keep making me money, health concerns be damned".

The big CEO’s are doing it also. My company definitely don’t care about their workers. Im grateful to still have a job during all of this but man i really wish that i could stay at home and be safe also.

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OK hear me out:
Bubble hockey, except that the players can also be controller by motors. Connect two over the internet, play physical bubble hockey against an opponent elsewhere!
Edit: of course there would only be one local puck.... hmmm there has to be a good solution to this. holographic puck on the virtual side?

My bubble hockey is like a foosball table. You have to twist the handles to make the players smack the puck around. Maybe you could play NHL 20 on the playstation though? It would have to be with someone that sucked like myself though before I would do that. Most of the guys online would absolutely crush me!

#5461 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Scammers are already at work contacting people posing as IRS agents and asking for their bank transfer numbers so that they can receive their money from the government. Simply no line these guys won't cross is there.

I've had three calls today telling me that my vehicle warranty has expired. When I tell them I would like to buy the extended warranty and they ask me what I drive and I say a 1978 Ford F-150 they hang up everytime....WTF??

Seems like they would still go ahead and take my money since it's a scam anyways.

#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I had my identity stolen a few years ago. They stole my tax return and opened some credit cards...who knows what else?
I have been desperately trying to get unemployment, but all the offices are closed, they don't answer ANY calls (despite me trying hundreds of times...yes...hundreds), and I can't get through online because it says my SS # has already been used.
I'm hoping it is just a web glitch, but it could be scammers again.
My wife and I both lost our jobs, and we have 3 kids and a mortgage. We desperately need to get unemployment.

That really sucks. I pray that things get better for your family soon.

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Beats fighting over politics.
We all seem a little more friendly today. Even my buddy who-dey

I've been working my ass off all day, ain't got time for your guys crap!

#5554 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I envy these guys with room for 30 pins.

I envy the guys that can afford 30 pins.

#5747 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m sure there are plenty of meth dens in the Midwest that will be more than happy to take you in for $250 a month. Just don’t pay in advance. Expect to pay double that on the coasts. They will supply you with a soiled mattress and a bucket. Don’t ask me how I know. Lol.

Your infatuation with dogging the Midwest is weird Vic. What's so bad about the Midwestern states?

#5753 4 years ago

If you dont want to be scared then dont watch this. I can only hope that this guy is wrong....at least a little bit.

#5757 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Here’s some anecdotal evidence around spread. tl;dr
60 people without symptoms attended a choir practice. They all used hand sanitizer before entering. No one shook hands or hugged. Within two weeks 45 of the 60 had gotten it.
Update: Didn’t realize this was already referenced. I’ll keep the link.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

That’s unbelievable that something could be that contagious.

#6448 4 years ago

This Doctor tells it like it is, no bullshit or beating around the bush.

#6451 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Send that to wolfemaaan.

I would but theres no hope for that guy at all. It would be a waste of time.

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

She is evil. Buying all n95 masks months ago. I called fbi. She’s been doxxed also online. I don’t usually agree with doxxing but she deserves it.

If this is true I hope the B*tch gets what she deserves!

#6708 4 years ago

Just because they were all singing doesn't necessarily mean the virus was transmitted airborne. Respiratory droplets can be created when coughing or clearing the throat. In addition, singing itself is a very different activity vs talking. There is much more air being forced from the lungs so you could consider the possibility that a higher amount of virus was placed into the air. There are cases of physicians contracting coronavirus from intubating a patient or doing a bronchoscopy where large amounts of virus is put into the air. Similar situation.
Also a choir is in very close proximity to each other and likely are touching each other or common surfaces intermittently which is another possible mode of transmission.

I have a question. I know your not suppose to touch your face BUT, let's just assume that your cheek or chin or forehead is itching, is it safe to scratch your face like that occasionally? I understand you shouldnt touch your mouth, rub your eyes, or pick your nose but would you get coronavirus by scratching your cheek or forehead if it was itching?

#6728 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

more like 98/2

You are right but for us older pinheads you are wrong. The death rate for people 50 and over is much higher than the 2% death rate for the entire population.

#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Our SC governor still refuses to issue a stay-at-home order, claiming we are unique here in SC.
https://www.live5news.com/2020/04/03/mcmaster-not-issuing-stay-at-home-order-says-south-carolina-is-unique/

Time to get rid of that old fool sounds like!

#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

the vast majority of people shopping were wearing masks and gloves.

Where are people getting these masks and gloves?? I cant find any anywhere.

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

eBay/ Amazon. And other online places.

Looked on Amazon and ordered some and then found out they wouldn't arrive until june so I said F it I'll be dead by then anyways and I cancelled the order.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I did that before Covid.

Lol no doubt. Why do so many people wear their pajamas to wal mart?? Unbelievable!

#7176 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

My mom tried to take her dog in Walmart last year. No it's not a service dog, she's just loopy.

Lol that's kinda funny also because another question I have is why do so many people take their dogs to Lowes? I've never noticed that in wal mart but always in Lowes seems like.

#7177 4 years ago

I actually wouldnt mind taking my old hound dog shopping with me but I know that he would end up shitting on the floor so I'm not chancing it!

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I use them for mowing because of my allergies

Man I hear ya on the allergies brother. That grass tears me up. I mowed yesterday and it got to me a little bit but not as bad as it usually does.

#7375 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I knew at least one guy here would love the salty savoriness of Aldis nuts in his mouth.

Well he is a Cowboys fan ya know.

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Have you been to Pins Mechanical in Cincinnati? Been wanting to check it out. The Columbus one was excellent.

Yes I have and it's very cool. So is Arcade legacy bar edition on Spring Grove Ave.

#7486 4 years ago

I cant really say anything because I will get a whoopin but this thread just got a million times better. I really would love it if we could just have one day where we could unload on each other, that would be sweet!

Welcome back Iceman!

#7496 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I got too Dad, I'm walking the plank right now.

#7535 4 years ago

That’s what I’m laughing (crying?) about. People are going all Mad Max end of the world and it’s been TWO WEEKS!

YOU are kind of acting like that more than anyone!

#7541 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

No TP for our bungles yet at all around here Dad. Sure the heck glad that I stocked up a little bit. If I dont have any this time next month I may have to start using all of my old magazines or something. That would be bad!!

#7601 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I really hope you are right, but so far your prognostications have not exactly been of the steller variety.

In iceman we trust!

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Here is a question for those who are considered “essential” workers. Are you being required by your employers to take your temperature before work? Not necessarily in front of them. It could be on the honor system.

No yet but I think it's coming. Not sure why they are doing it because they don't give a shit if everyone if us were to drop dead. I expressed concerns about having to share my office with someone else that doesn't even need to be in it and they said you are 6 feet apart, that's good enough. I tried to explain to them about how the virus hangs in the air and can travel 27 feet when someone coughs but they said that's all hypothetical stuff. Well ok, I'll just sit in here and eat their Corona like a good little boy and not rock the boat.

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

They want us to twice a day which I’m fine with. I also take my own 02 saturation with a pulse oximiter since I have one in my house anyway because my son has bad asthma. I may be paranoid but he will end up in the hospital if he gets it.

Nothing wrong with trying to be cautious. I'm trying to be but my employer wont allow me to. I have two options. #1 shut the F*ck up and #2 quit

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What a bunch of crap. I guarantee our union railroad workers make at least double what yours do. Our union truck drivers makeover $60 hr. Heavy equipment operators quite a bit more. $700 for a 4 hour shift if you are skilled at operating a crane.
Any worker who thinks unions are bad is a sucker. As far as healthcare, fully covered, you and your family. No deductible, no premiums. Prescriptions are either free or capped at $1. Open heart surgery is free and so is all care related to having a baby. That is what unions can do for you. The nonunion guys make squat with no job security or health insurance.
Hopefully the young workers off this country will get wise to the boomer executives and demand a fair share of the pie and say take your gig economy and shove it. I used to be in corporate accounting. I have seen what people make at big companies and the discrepancies in pay. It made me quit out of disgust. That and I hated accounting. Unions are the only way to go.
Ps. Everything you said is a b.s. fox News talking point. Do you even think for yourself? You unionize your railroad and you will be way better off.

Boy I sure wish my union job had all of those perks. I'm getting my brains screwed out! I think you're a little off there Vic. Lol

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

OJ is a TP hoarder.[quoted image]

He had some but they were too small.

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Last I’ll comment on this...
I’m sure it’s inaccurate to paint them all with a broad brush like that, but I believe most are.
Both my parents were part of a union. I never saw them as a good thing. I know what’s best for me. Why would I want someone else negotiating for me that is not in my best interest?
I’ve found most union workers (again, not all) are unmotivated and game the system since they feel bulletproof due to the difficulty in being able to be fired.

You are way off dude. Today's union jobs are nothing like the old union jobs. Go get a job at a auto factory or a paper mill, steel mill etc and you will quickly find out that you will work hard and not be sitting around on your ass. They will also fire you at the drop of a hat now days and make it stick more often than not.

I am not pro union at all but I understand and appreciate the sacrifice that the people made who got them started and I understand why they were started. If those brave people wouldn't have put their lives on the line you wouldn't be getting the pay and the benefits that you get in your non union job right now.

If anything it's time that unions should make a comeback in this country because the middle class workers have been taking it in the ass for a long long time now. It's time to turn the tables in our favor for a change.

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What ever do you mean.
Our kings speech yesterday was awe inspiring: "Don't believe the medical experts, they know nothing, I have common sense and if I thought I needed a mask I'd wear one".

Umm....that's not what he said.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Here’s the key..If I’m not being treated fairly, why wouldn’t I have a professional conversation to bring up my issues. I would never threaten to walk or quit like that.
In one of my previous corporate jobs, it was mentioned in passing that we would get new compensation for our new roles. It was about 2 years later and nothing ever came of it. I felt after 2 years I proved myself in the role. I did my homework and wrote a nice email to my boss asking for a salary adjustment. They ultimately gave me double what I was asking for.
How many people would have had the guts to ask? And for those who did, how many would have gotten double?

I would like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

no, in fact where is o-din today?

The Corona got him. Not the virus, the beer!

#8021 4 years ago

Just when you thought China couldn't get any worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-italy-coronavirus-supplies-buy-back

#8423 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We're #1!! Lol[quoted image]

Only because of iceman.

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So we can thank him for something that may have worked but not blame him for things that go South? Can I report on healthcare workers that are doing the opposite of thanking him?

You are a broken record dude seriously.

#8726 4 years ago

My girlfriend just lost one of her friends to the Coronavirus. She is now freaking out ten times more than she was about this crap.

#8741 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did she have any previous health issues?

Not that they know of Dad. She was an older woman and just a tad overweight but no major problems that my gf is aware of. I dont know the lady personally but she lives in a small town and was loved by everyone from what I am hearing.

#8831 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

30 days in the hole?

Glad you finally found some good music to listen to Gryszzz!

#8832 4 years ago
image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg
#8845 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I don’t think she can save the show....

No but she can destroy it that's for sure.

#8854 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Took a break to get some work done, shop a few of my games, get some things done around the house, ponder life.
I couldn't fathom reading the 100+ pages since I was last on, but glad to see everybody still hotdoggin.

You didnt miss anything and half of the people have been ejected from the thread for talking politics.

#8963 4 years ago

Dr. Creep Dayton Ohio

dr-creep-promo-3 (resized).jpgdr-creep-promo-3 (resized).jpg
#9065 4 years ago

It seems like this thread has really slowed down a lot. Is that a good sign that maybe things are looking better?

#9192 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's a global economy.

Thats when all the problems started.

#9199 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

This IS China’s fault. All countries including our own could have been better prepared for what they caused, but the world is where it is at because of China...period.

Totally correct and we need to cut all ties with them and guess what? If we were to cut ties with them and not trade with them I would lose my job but I'm ok with that also. I say make it happen!

#9305 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Essential workers.[quoted image]

Those rules don't apply to illegals o-din. Didn't you know that?

#9332 4 years ago

One can’t “go” batshit insane when they have been in that condition for a very long time....stay safe NYC!

Maybe if they were allowed to have over an 8oz pop they would feel better? They need more pop!!

#9341 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hahaha. He’s actually good peeps. We hung out at Pinfest two years ago for quite a while. Cool that he made the drive out.
Ah, back in the day when there were pinball shows.[quoted image]

I want that game so bad

#9362 4 years ago

So here's one reason for that, and I'm going to try and tread very carefully to not piss people off but this is simply the reality having experienced it myself endless times as I used to hire and interview people regularly. Women more and more are representing the high end workforce and for various reasons that I won't get into, they would never consider moving to or living in certain states. As women they feel they have more rights and freedoms here in California, again for reasons I won't get into for risk of being modded. Even when dealing with male talent, because their wives or girlfriends will simply not live in certain parts of this country they also reject such a move. My wife is very much one of those types of people incidentally, but the list of them that I've encountered over the years is endless but it's just kept hush hush. In one worst case scenario we were going to lose our entire female developer staff if we relocated to a certain state. This is one reason (there are others) that companies of certain types don't want to setup shop in certain states as doing so actually puts you at a huge disadvantage, even taking salaries and stuff like that into account. It's also why we are able to pull so much talent here to California, especially when importing from certain countries. Anyways I kept it vague purposely otherwise I'd get down voted to oblivion, I'll leave it at that.

This is probably the most ridiculous BS I've ever heard. Stop living in fantasy land and step into the real world.

#9363 4 years ago

I don't normally get into this kinda stuff on here, not usually worth the hassle. I call it as I see it, people are free to do what they want with that info. Meanwhile we'll keep scooping up talent and build our economy I did screen grab that other dudes response though to show around. Anyways I'll leave it at that, not worth going any further.

Well those types for sure are better off here, what they do is only officially legal in California and New Hampshire

There is great talent to be had in every part of this country. I personally choose not to be around people who think they are better than other people, those people literally make me sick.

#9389 4 years ago
your-grandparents-were-called-to-war-youre-asked-to-sit-on-couch-you-can-do-this (resized).jpgyour-grandparents-were-called-to-war-youre-asked-to-sit-on-couch-you-can-do-this (resized).jpg
#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

where's gryzzz when you need him. Or is he he more of a circle jerks guy?

He's the pivot man

#9599 4 years ago

Went to the park to take a walk today and there were several groups of young people sitting around right next to each other and not practicing social distancing at all.

Went to get a pizza after that and there was about 7 or 8 dumbass kids hanging out in front of the pizza place. These young kids dont give two shits about what is going on right now. We live in a world full of stupid stupid people!

#9645 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People exercising outdoors are wearing face protection, probably 8 out of 10. Those not, sometimes get the stink eye from those that do.

I went to the park for a walk yesterday and chose not to wear a mask. I dont see any reason to wear one while being outside if you arent going to be around people. We passed a couple of people walking on the bike path but i wouldn't think there is much danger in getting the virus from a person like that. In the stores i say wear one but outside i just dont see the point if you’re not around a bunch of people.

#9669 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

What's that great line in Dirty Harry? "Are you feeling lucky?........"
Not to be critical, but this thinking is exactly what will contribute to keeping this virus circulating. The only time I've been out without a mask is when I'm walking my two dogs on my golf course, which is currently closed. My closest neighbor is 300 yards away. Please be careful Who-Dey.

There wasnt anyone near me other than like 2 other people that I passed while walking. I may be wrong but I just dont think that is a problem being out in the open air like that. I gotta believe that it's different than being in the aisle of a store and passing someone.

I wasnt real crazy about walking through the group of dumbass kids in front of the pizza place and then paying for my pizza and being in close proximity to the workers. I have not been going out to eat hardly any but sometimes I gotta have a pizza since it's my favorite food and the frozen pizzas just haven't been cutting it.

#9691 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Right or wrong, I like to think of it like farts only larger affected volume. Sure, farting in an elevator (enclosed place) is worst case, but that don’t mean I can’t walk through a cloud of stink while out on a walk.

I never thought of it that way lol. I guess you have a point there.

#9713 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

EVERYBODY else called them deviled eggs.

They call them that because when they come out the other end they are the Devil......literally!

#9732 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Who all is watching tiger king?
I am apparently the only person who isn't.

I am and it's a decent story, especially if you like watching a train wreck. First two episodes are just kind of average and then it's a roller coaster ride after that. It's worth watching.

#9740 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That's pretty funny

#10050 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did public health officials mislead us? ‘Coronavirus is not a major threat for the people in United States, and this is not something the citizens should be worried about,’ Dr. Fauci said on January 21
https://techstartups.com/2020/04/12/public-health-officials-mislead-us-coronavirus-not-major-threat-people-united-states-not-something-citizens-worried-dr-fauci-said-janu/?fbclid

Its looking more and more all the time that iceman44 was right about the coronavirus all along. I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow and owe him an apology when this is all said and done.

Iceman is quite a character and he loves to get under peoples skin but like him or not he is one smart SOB!

#10061 4 years ago

If the shutdown didn’t happen you would be looking at 200,000 dead or more.

You dont know that.

#10063 4 years ago

Which part was he right about? I would strongly disagree with you. This virus is likely going to kill 60,000 Americans by August and that’s WITH a shutdown of the country.
If the shutdown didn’t happen you would be looking at 200,000 dead or more.

He said we would be back to normal in a month or so and that's what's going to happen looks like. The President is getting ready to open the country back up. He also said that this isnt going to turn out to be as bad as what most people are thinking, well it looks like he is right about that also.

He never said this was nothing, he just said it's not as bad as what alot of people are thinking. I actually agreed with him at first and then I ended up not agreeing with him and I even personally told him that. He told me to just wait and see. Well I've waited and it's starting to look like he was right all along, maybe this wasnt as bad as what all of the experts were predicting it would be.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So everything opens up the virus goes away so we don't have to worry about it spreading when everything opens up. Yep sounds likely. You realise the reason it it is not so bad is because of the extraordinary measures right?

I realize that helps but I also realize that Ohio isn't on the lockdown that everyone thinks it is either. The grocery stores and wal marts are freaking packed to the gills. People are NOT practicing social distancing as much as you think they are. Also even the experts are saying that they dont think this is turning out to be as bad as they thought that it was going to.

I'm not downplaying anything and I feel terrible for the people who have died from this so all you downvote happy people need to chill. People die in large numbers from all kinds of things every year and you dont give two shits about that but you are freaking out about this. What's the f*cking difference????

Once again I'm not saying this is "nothing", my girlfriends friend died from this. All I am saying is it's not as bad as once believed maybe. One or two weeks ago we were all on here shitting out pants thinking we were going to die and most of us are breathing a little easier today I think. Anyone who says any different is a liar.

#10078 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man you gotta ease up on your grip a little or you might accidentally castrate him.

Just telling it the way that I see it and that's the way that I see it. I may change my mind next week again, but right now this is how I feel. I flat out told iceman that I thought he got it wrong about this a couple weeks or so ago but right now he's looking like he may be right again.

#10080 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This thing has been steamrolling everything it touches.

That is a absolutely false! This virus to date has a very low kill rate percentage wise. That doesnt make it insignificant or a non issue but it is NOT steamrolling everyone. Yes this virus is a problem but so is the flu, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many many other things.

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm just bustin yer balls Terry. None of us know wtf is going on right now. Truly unprecedented.

I know that brother. Hey I'm still scared a little I wont lie, but I'm damn sure not as scared as I was a couple weeks ago. That could change again also and I realise that. I am in no way trying to act like an expert, I'm just adding to the discussion here. Iceman cant speak for himself anymore in this thread but that doesnt make his talking points invalid right?

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am sad that you are making this argument.

Why? I am right about what I am saying. All of those diseases and viruses matter just as much as this one does. Tell me why I'm wrong?

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That’s a proposition that you can never answer because no one can predict where we would be if no action had been taken.

True and that's part of my point.

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You gotta stop with the "I am right".... Seriously. Take a step back and just look around at what is going on. Look at how unprepared the entire world was for this thing.
All of those diseases DO matter, but we are prepared to deal with them. We have a history and understanding of them.

Of course we were unprepared. Who's fault is that?

#10094 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

All I found was quiet Emergency rooms and empty parking lot videos. I asked a Friend from New York to video the local Hospital but never received it.
I am not implying the bodies are not "piling up" but as of now there is no evidence.

I had to take my gf to the ER Friday. There were like four people on there and that's the truth. There are certain areas that are being hit very hard for sure but most areas are not.

#10102 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you haven’t figured out why you are wrong, I won’t be able to explain it to you.
I’m serious that I’m sad that you make that argument though. I gave you a lot of credit for changing your mind when reality set in. I think you’re off the deep end on lots of things honestly but I was happy to see that you could take in the info and adapt. But you’re back to the start almost, minus the mocking at least.
Entire nursing homes are dying. 350 people at a meat packing plant just tested positive. Doctors and nurses have died. They ran out of body bags in Detroit. They have a tent hospital in Central Park. On and on.
All this while the planet is turned off and we’re sitting home. In 2 months!

I dont disagree with you on that. Crowded areas seem to be getting hit the hardest and it is scary. Just dont be a dick and try to act like I am downplaying this because I'm not. Just to be clear, one death is too much and every death matter because those are good people and they are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, parents etc. I totally get every bit of that. You do have to wonder though if maybe we overreacted a little bit or not. I'm not saying we did, I'm saying it's possible that we did.

I'm not gonna be a conspiracy theorist and pull the false flag BS on you. I'm just thinking and discussing. Any person with reasonable intelligence looks at things from all angles rather than just turns the news on and believes everything that they hear. That is what LOTS of people do. They are sheep and cannot think for themselves. I dont want to be like that and I will never be like that.

I'm definitely not smart enough to cure cancer or coronavirus but I'm smart enough to have some common sense and to look at things from all angles.

#10107 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You are kidding, right? Ha. Ha Ha. Next time you wish to lecture someone be prepared, you sound like, never mind

They say that Google is your "friend".

#10138 4 years ago

Maybe it’s just me....but does anyone, anywhere really know what the hell is going on with this virus?

No they/we do not but yet they downvote the hell out of anyone that says maybe this isn't what we thought it was. I hope like hell that this isnt what we originally thought it was..I think it would be the most wonderful thing in the world if this turned out to be more mild than what we thought.

#10149 4 years ago

I’m gonna try one more time to explain this.
This virus is exactly what we thought. We had data from Europe about how this virus behaves and what the transmissibility was likely to be.
The only reason this is “milder” is because our government took extreme measures.
This virus currently is around a 4% mortality rate based on known cases. Influenza has a 0.1% mortality rate. I’m not sure that would be considered “mild”. With the infectious rate of this virus you would be looking at hundreds of thousands dead without mitigation. If you choose to ignore that I can only say you would be arguing a very weak position and one that goes against the prevailing wisdom of the epidemiologists that do the modeling.

You dont have to explain anything to me because I already understand all of that. So are you going to tell me with 100% certainty that when we open up the economy that this thing is going to just explode and all of the hospitals everywhere are going to be overwhelmed and people are going to start getting sick and dying in droves?

#10158 4 years ago

No of course I’m not saying that. Now you’re trying to set up some sort of straw man. I am saying if you opened the country tomorrow with no restrictions you would see a major spike in infections.
Look at what this virus has done in other countries. Go google what the R0 is for this virus and then do the calculation for how many Americans would be expected to be infected with no mitigation and then take 4-5% of that number. Better yet, go google the published models for COVID-19 and see what you come up with. Then if you want to argue that the expert epidemiologists are wrong, knock yourself out but please bring your rebutting data with you.

I think we obviously will see a spike once the economy gets opened back up but I also think that if this virus is as nasty as what's being described that we will see a total shit storm even with a partial reopening of the country. That's just my opinion on it. If the shit storm don't happen then I say it was over exaggerated.

#10160 4 years ago

Your opinion is duly noted.

The reason I am torn on this is because I do not see people taking this seriously at all where I live for the most part. Just for the record I do take it seriously and have literally screamed at people to get the F away from me several times already.

It just seems like to me that with all the people I see jamming into the stores that we would have tons and tons of cases of this and so far it just hasnt been bad at all. It damn near seems non existant truthfully. That is what has me scratching my head about it all.

#10163 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have located a vid of The Prez. on Fox News where he speaks. And what he says does not at all agree with what you are saying/thinking about Tex...ahh....I'm sorry, I meant Iceman.
If Tex is right it is only because he is parroting what The Prez says. But then he is leaving out a part of the story.
Google " Trump unloads on on press in response to Fauci tweet." That should get you there.
And you will see him talking about if he and his advisers had not acted that the death rate would be much higher than what we have.

I've seen all of that. Lots of people says he acted too late still but he has pretty much went on what Fauci told him and he was actually called a racist for stopping flights into the country before anyone had died of Covid-19 by the same people that are now saying he acted too late. He cant win no matter what he does.

You gotta remember that iceman never said that this was going to be nothing at all. He just said that it wasnt going to be as bad as what some of the people on here were predicting. Heck even Dr. Fauci said that this wasnt anyth8y to worry about in January. Why arent people jumping all over his ass for saying that?

#10168 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Watching the news and except for a few more sailors on the ship Mercy testing positive, it really is looking like this virus is slowing to a crawl in So Cal. Dropping dead in it's tracks so to speak.
No new deaths in several counties and only a few new recorded cases in most. Wow, just wow.

That's a great thing odin. I hope it stays that way there.

#10576 4 years ago

For what, telling the truth?

#10673 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

More crazy. Lets let them all out!
"Florida inmate freed over coronavirus concerns linked to murder 1 day after release:"
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-inmate-freed-over-coronavirus-concerns-linked-to-murder-1-day-after-release-authorities?fbclid

Yeah I just knew this would end well. Duuuh... what a bunch of f'ing dumbasses!

#10686 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not bleeding anything. Nor am I a liberal. So how bout you have a big ole cup of shut the fuck up.

What are you then? Why not try to get along with people instead of pissing people off?

#10717 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm blue collar was what I meant.
Lean slightly left sure but open to what's best for everyone.

I'm a blue collar Independent (registered Dem) that used to lean left that now leans right. I really dont give a shit what anyone is politically or religiously though especially on this forum because no matter what we are we all love pinball here so I don't come here with the intention to piss people off except for maybe a few assholes that I cant stand whether it would be on here or in real life either one. Some people I just dont fucking like period.

I actually have a few friends that are strong liberals and I normally wouldn't want to even hang out with people that believe the way that they do but pinball brought us together and they are really nice people and we enjoy each others company even outside of playing pinball. Now if they were the kind of people who got butt hurt when we talk politics I wouldn't hang out with them but we even laugh and have fun when politics comes up. We just tell each other how f*cked up we are and laugh about it and go play some more pinball. Theres never once been a heated argument over politics and if there ever is then I just wont hang out with them anymore, to it's that simple. I dont suspect that will ever happen though.

I never thought I would say this but some of my best friends are liberals.

#10723 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Is toilet paper still unavailable everywhere?

Big time shortage in Ohio still. I might have to drive to where I work at just to take a sh*t here pretty soon. My co workers will be like "hey what are you doing in here"? "Nothing guys, just need to take a crap".

#10758 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not allowed to speak freely on here, so I downvote. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll tell you exactly how I feel.

We already know how you feel, you make it obvious.

#11008 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think we can agree that Fox News and CNN both have news divisions and opinion divisions. I have no problem with the news divisions in either network, both have good reporting.

No I cant agree with that sorry.

#11225 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Looks like 3 people got ejected today. Man I miss all the fun when I'm at work.
New slogan of this thread.
"If you haven't been moderated you ain't trying"

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone here got ejected and Who Dey and o-din were the last two guys in this thread?

#11228 4 years ago

Well, if it were our country I would think we would be much more forthcoming about what we were dealing with and what the implications were for the rest of the world. I don't think we would be arresting and killing doctors and scientists that were trying to get the word out.

We have the most corrupt lying ass government on earth lol. Wake up Doc!!

#11236 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Stroh's. You knew it was good because it came in a 36-pack.[quoted image]

Oh God dude you're joking right? Do they actually still make that shit?

#11238 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm always a couple hours behind in this thread when I'm at work. So when I scroll through it shows the eject icon by their names. And a moderation notice at the bottom. Some are only 4 hour ejects so they come back on by the evening.[quoted image]

Maybe we should start a list and keep adding to it as needed?

#11394 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey who is that boy in that pic with the short hair and glasses?

#11405 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Lol that’s hilarious Daditude.

#11411 4 years ago

Philosphical question: if a guy think Rachel Maddow is hot, does that make him gay?

100% yes! I think you would have to search long and hard though to find a guy that thinks she is hot lol. Maybe Anderson Pooper or Don Lemon would think she is hot?

#11412 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You sad old bastards with your gay-hate is really something else.

Well to be fair, she makes it pretty easy to hate her.

#11417 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And a new candidate for permaban has emerged...

Since when did making fun of Rachel Maddow become a bannable offense? Give me a break!

#11419 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Making fun of someone’s looks or politics has nothing to do with it, and I have a pretty hard time believing you are so simple that you don’t know that.
Pretty odd times when I feel like I (of all people) is the adult in the room.

Truthfully we are making fun of her looks but more than that its her idiotic personality. It has nothing to do with her being gay. I don't really even know that she is gay to be honest with you but i gotta assume that she probably is. It is just your assumption that we were making fun of her because she is gay. I think you might be jumping to conclusions.

#11425 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So this thread has devolved into personal attacks that have nothing to do with the coronavirus. That kinda sucks.
If being attracted to short-haired women and girls make you gay, then consider me Liberace. I think short hair is sexy as hell.[quoted image]

Nothing wrong with short haired women......as long as they look like women.

#11426 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sometimes I feel like I am a junior higher in the early eighties again in here.

And thats a problem? Lol

#11451 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All I see is snowflakes getting triggered because they found a woman on TV that’s smarter than them.

Anyone who doesn't find humor in this mornings postings is a serious stick in the mud. Its been awhile since i have laughed this hard! I would hate to be some of you people for real lol.

#11454 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just some good ol' boy locker room talk

Exactly!

#11591 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They have to have every other checkout closed. State mandatory social distancing. This causes huge lines everyday. So now all the people are bunched up waiting to get to the checkout. It's a lose, lose situation.

Wal Mart does it the safest way. They have 20-25 cash out lanes and there is usually about 2 or 3 of them open. I've always wondered why they put so many of those in when they never use them? That's wasting valuable floor space that they could put other items in.

#11593 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

JFC I see pinside didn't slow down while I was away

No it didn't but we missed you!

#11836 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I am a landlord ! Let me tell you s Story
We had 4 apartments above a Commercial
Store below old building etc. A new tenant came in after I refinished hardwood floors
Paint, new granite counters , new bath
The guy said he’s having trouble could he pay next month x2 I said sure , then he said he will have all the rent 3 months worth, now I’m $3000 in the hole
I approached him he said F- off throw me out . Lawyer fees $5000, lost rent $6000
Then he thrashed the place and left after
6 months . Tenants are a pain in the Ass
If I raised my voice I’d get arrested for harassment? And all 4 units were at75%
Of what was reasonable. People who don’t have rental or second homes are quick to judge ! I hear it all the time but that’s what 40 yrs 6 days a week gets the working man
So I can’t go to work either ? My jobs are shut down ? So do I pay and give free rent ?

I have a rental property also and it's funny how people thinks that I am getting rich off of it. They have no idea what it cost to keep a property up and then when you get a bad tenant that really buries you financially.

I can honestly say that I have lost my f*cking ass on my rental property mainly because I'm a nice guy and have gotten taken advantage of really bad a few times. There is no more Mr. Niceguy from me anymore when it comes to my tenants. I will never be taken advantage of again and I will not take anyone's shit ever again and I will be the biggest asshole anyone has ever seen if need be. I now let my tenants know this before they move in. Think I'm an asshole all you want I dont care anymore.

#11840 4 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

I don’t own any rental property, but am constantly amazed at how people, including politicians, think rental properties are a public utility and exist for the benefit of residents, not the owners. I have friends that own apartments and it’s a nightmare. An absolute nightmare. Obviously, there should be regulation and there are always bad landlords, but almost without fail, laws are completely pro-tenant.

Yep i agree. Only reason I have a rental is because it's a house that I once lived in and I kept it because when I raced cars my shop is behind the house and I continued to work out of it.

I do know several people though that have several rental properties and they work very hard at keeping them up and they are always stressed out due to tenants not paying and treating them like shit. Being a landlord is not a glamorous life at all. It's super super hard work at times. I have no desire to own any more properties. I would personally rather go to my job and punch a time clock everyday.

#11882 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Your Honor(s). I request a Pardon for Familyarcade and ask he be returned to the discussion.If anyone has any concerns to this request please present them now.
I apologize for the Public request but felt it should be submitted forthright.

Declined!

#11917 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't have any problems with coors light, it just caught me by surprise. I thought the first 2 were joking. By the third...i asked my wife, " are these people serious?" By the time the 4th person said it, i thought * you gotta be #$!&\*× kidding me!

Coors light isnt bad but give me a good craft beer anyday

#11936 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The Current Impact of COVID-19 on our Pinball Hobby
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/covid-19-and-the-pinball-hobby/
Hear from Pinball Manufacturers, Pinball Designers and Creators, Pinball Distributors and Resellers, Pinball Companies (Repairs, Lights, Mods, Apparel, etc.), Pinball Streamers, Competitive Pinball, and Location Pinball[quoted image]

Right now would be a great time for pinball companies to start caring about their customers (cough cough Stern and JJP) and to start standing behind their products better. Stern has lost location sales, customers sales who have lost their jobs, customer sales who have jobs but dont want to turn loose of their money because of the economy, and they still have those lost sales of customers that they have screwed by selling them bad playfields and not making things right with them by sending them a new populated playfield like they deserve.

I would love to buy a NIB Elvira 3 and a JP2 but I'm still sitting here waiting on answers about my two bad playfields that I turned in claims on over a year ago. Karma is a bitch isn't it Stern? I am also not the only loyal customer that will no longer buy their games without some kind of a quality guarantee. I know many people who have money and they want to buy a new game but they are afraid of getting a bad playfield and getting screwed.

Just a little something for you pinball companies and distributors to think about who didnt need us loyal customers a few months ago but need us now.

#11940 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

"Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

So in other words they are probably the best news source around then right?

#11945 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh bother, and why don’t you post how many times CNN had to retract stories for being false or inaccurate. Actually just about every news source is like that.

Cait has blinders on. She only sees one side of things and never looks at the whole picture. Typical........never-mind.

#11948 4 years ago

I would love to say a few things right now but i will get in trouble if i do. I will just say that is unbelievable! Lol

#11954 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

please stop sniffing your own farts, all I said was don't use conspiracy sites.

Thats nasty!

#11957 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We recently had a group of the young politicians protesting a drag queen reading books to kids in a public library . He got so much hate afterwards he committed suicide . No winners there . https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/14/grief-over-death-of-young-liberal-wilson-gavin-after-drag-queen-protest

That is one crazy story. Just goes to show you how messed up this world really is.

#11959 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

probably best if we don't detour this thread into people pearl-clutching over drag queens

Oh please

#11965 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Wouldn't be pinside without everyone high-fiving each other while making transphobic and homophobic jokes. You win.

You do realize that we are kind of joking don’t you? You shouldn’t take this stuff so serious. Its good to laugh. I mean i really don't want a tranny reading bedtime stories to kids but its kind of funny in a way at the same time. I mean its really not funny at all but........nevermid lol. Im so dammed confused that i dont even know what the hell that I'm even saying.

#12192 4 years ago

Ok....here’s the latest, with a brief history/timeline of covid-19.
It’s gonna be worse than normal flu...we might all die...well, looks like only older people. Wait, a young person died. It can live on surfaces for hours. Especially door knobs. After review, it lives on some surfaces more than others. Uh oh, New York is getting bad..we are all gonna die! Shut it all down and go home until further notice! Looks like we won’t all die. Just old people and the black and brown people, because the virus has become racist. But don’t worry! Everyone is gonna get money. Trillions and trillions of money! But good luck getting it. Check is in the mail. We need to test. We can’t test. We don’t have tests, but no one knows why. Wait! Now we have tests and can test. But the tests are full of false positives and false negatives. So you might need to take another test, because we don’t know if first one was accurate. Good news! Lots of people have had it with zero symptoms. So people who have had it are in the clear! Wait a minute...we think it can be caught again. So if you had it, keep worrying. And check this out...cats have it. Big cats and small cats. Stay away from cats. We aren’t at the peak. But maybe we are. Maybe we will open, maybe we won’t. This fall, the virus will be more deadly than this year, so keep worrying and stay at home some more. Or it’s gonna kill you!

You nailed it.

#12204 4 years ago

I’m not discounting the study, I’m saying it has significant issues with the way they conducted it. I’m also saying that more contagious with a lower death rate is just as bad as less contagious with a proportionally higher death rate. In the end the same number of people die. That’s the problem. We have always known that there was a decent number of people out there who would test positive by antibody and not have shown symptoms to be tested by PCR nasal swab. This isn’t new, the only thing new is we are starting to see numbers.
I also understand that 100% of the population won’t get infected, it was an illustration to show that a highly contagious virus with a fairly low 0.03% mortality rate will still kill a lot of people in a short time frame.
Here’s a little more napkin math for illustration. The New York study said 40% of those tested in New York City were positive for the antibody. Their mortality rate for NYC was then estimated at about 0.05%. Still 5 times more deadly than the flu but a whole lot better than 5% mortality. Ok, let’s assume that if 40% of people in New York get exposed with mitigation measures that maybe 60% of the US population would be exposed without mitigation measures. That’s pretty conservative I think. That’s 197 million people exposed, multiplied by the 0.05% mortality rate is 984,000 people dead in about 3-6 months.

How many people do you personally know of that have died from this Doc?

445 posts in this topic match your search for posts by who-dey. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/1?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.