272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 576.
#902 4 years ago

Damn Jay, I got a multiball on FT on my 1st game too! Hard for me to get. Maybe 1 out of 15 games. Naturally, I blew it after that.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Started a 1000 piece puzzle with the wife and kids.
This thing is BS as it says 10 years plus and we’re going to have it done in a few days.[quoted image]

Amateur.

83480847-9031-4444-9FAE-3D3E088528C8 (resized).jpeg83480847-9031-4444-9FAE-3D3E088528C8 (resized).jpeg
#904 4 years ago

Grocery stores here are giving $2/hr hazard pay. Not much, but it's a start. Amazon is paying double time for warehouse employees when they hit overtime, instead of time and a half. I also read USPS is going to be taking on a significant percentage of Amazon deliveries to help offset the surge in orders.

#905 4 years ago

I blew it after that

Seems to be your m.o.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's fine line, Who-Dey. I do not recall anyone calling it a hoax, save one who made the reference in a rally speech. I wish I could play the movie.

From France, 55 second mark.

I tried a bunch of US videos and found them edited.

https://tinyurl.com/sqtj8xg

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The have seen pics of people shitting in the streets and so forth and I just don’t get it. One of the basic things one learns early in life is you don’t shit where you eat. Someone explain

One of the things that happens, in San Fransisco homeless, is that the city can put up porta-potties and then the thugs/gangs start exacting tolls from the homeless to use the porta-pottie.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One of the things that happens, in San Fransisco homeless, is that the city can put up porta-potties and then the thugs/gangs start exacting tolls from the homeless to use the porta-pottie.

These must be the dumbest gangs ever.
What are you gonna get, a grocery cart? A quarter?

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I was given essential service provider paperwork

Man, there will be a black market for those.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These must be the dumbest gangs ever.
What are you gonna get, a grocery cart? A quarter?

Haha, when we were young we’d throw a ratchet strap around the shitters and then tip em over on the shit talking punks.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would GLADLY secede to Canada now.
Couldn’t possibly be worse.

You would get free health care

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, but those unemployment lines look miserable.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's not free.

#914 4 years ago

Deleted

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m not even sure what you are trying to say. Whatever you are trying to say, perhaps you should use proper grammar before attempting to insult people?

My bad. I meant to say Their not there.
Their, is that better, are you happy now?

As for what I am trying to say, I said it pretty clearly. States like NY, NJ, CA, and a few others give more to the federal government than they get back from the federal government (the givers). States like Kentucky(#1 of all the states btw) take more from the federal government than they send to the federal government (the takers). So essentially, my state and my taxes help fund your state and the services your state provides to you and your fellow Kentuckians.
Your welcome.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What say you to this expert analysis?
“Why aren’t we sanitizing masks?” . “You look at the masks, I’ve looked at all the different masks. Some don’t lend themselves to doing that but many do. ... We have very good liquids for doing this, sanitizing the masks, and that’s something they’re starting to do more and more of.”

I haven't seen any masks here locally that can be sanitized with a liquid and reused.

I have been using the same N-95 mask for a week because it's all I have. My brother in law is sending me a box of 9 masks that he has from a construction site. I am going to take one and give the other 8 to the local ER guys.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

As for what I am trying to say, I said it pretty clearly. States like NY, NJ, CA, and a few others give more to the federal government than they get back from the federal government (the givers). States like Kentucky(#1 of all the states btw) take more from the federal government than they send to the federal government (the takers). So essentially, my state and my taxes help fund your state and the services your state provides to you and your fellow Kentuckians.
Your welcome.

Yeah, that’s better. I guess your state is helping fund a better education system in my state. Thanks! Maybe we can send your state some tents for the mass population of homeless people?

And for what it’s worth, I pay more than my fair share in taxes.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Yeah, that’s better. I guess your state is helping fund a better education system in my state. Thanks! Maybe we can send your state some tents for the mass population of homeless people?
And for what it’s worth, I pay more than my fair share in taxes.

Tents would be great. Thanks.

Edit: The main reason for our homeless problem is the horrible combination of great weather and a general sense of empathy for fellow human beings. A large portion of our homeless come from other states who are smart enough to have shitty weather and don’t give a crap about people.

#919 4 years ago

And throw in a couple buckets of KFC. They no longer make it around here like they used to.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Great idea. Contribute to another banking crisis and depression
Unless you have no way of paying your mortgage this attitude is completely irresponsible. H
You borrowed the money and agreed to repay the loan. Do the right thing and honor your obligations.

U need to relax. It’s going to happen anyway. Unprecedented event.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And throw in a couple buckets of KFC. They no longer make it around here like they used to.

What happened to the KFC??
Is it like Oreo's? Now that they are made in Mexico they just don't taste right.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Tents would be great. Thanks.

So he's gonna order tents made in China, to send to you, with your money? This thread is getting weird.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Full suits are expensive and hard to come by. I'm actually a little surprised they were using them in that video. They may have better PPE supplies in that state vs Texas, not sure. Here in Texas we are using a disposable paper gown, gloves, facemask with a shield or eye goggles for swabbing coronavirus patients.
Looking at the video again, I don't see the little respirator motor on a belt with him so maybe he's just in a full suit with no respirator.
Usually PAPR suits are only used for highly contagious things like Ebola. I have heard of docs in Europe using them for intubations of COVID-19 patients due to the high amounts of virus that are aerosolized during the procedure and it puts the doc doing the procedure at risk. Several ICU docs in Europe and Asia have died of COVID-19 after intubating and caring for patients in the ICU. Not many of those suits to go around though.

My wife also is using paper suit, face shield, respirator method here in Minnesota.

It is comically oversized on her.

5F988E69-055B-428A-8DCF-E7A807053730 (resized).jpeg5F988E69-055B-428A-8DCF-E7A807053730 (resized).jpeg
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It can be argued that women and African Americans held the US manufacturing base together while the “greatest generation” was off fighting the war. When the boys got back home to reclaim their jobs, the people that held down the fort - quite well thank you - were thrown out on their ass. And then not allowed to buy property in good neighborhoods. All while we rebuilt Europe and Japan. This engenders deep socio-economic problems. And a couple generations later, after ongoing disenfranchisement, some have the audacity to call these people takers.
Well, we’ll see who becomes the engine of our rebuilt economy after Covid 19. A lot of potential candidates might not be allowed in any more.

The way black soldiers were treated during WW 2 was despicable.

The real kicker is that with all of our boys over in Europe fighting the war, getting shot and killed there were no young men to help on the farms in Kansas. Solution: German POWs were brought over here to work the farms and discovered all of the propaganda that Hitler had been feeding was a crock of shit ( is it OK to talk WW 2 German politics ?) and they found out that the Americans were not too bad. They worked the farms, made friends with the locals, were housed and fed, and many of them remained or came back after the war and made the US their home. I should add that these were the regular German soldiers, not any of the SS.

And the workers who manned the factories got sacked because the war was over and the govt. canceled all contracts. There were no jobs. I have an unemployment form that my dad filled out. WW 2 got us out of the depression and when that was over it took time to retool for civilian production. The pent up demand for automobiles was huge. IIRC, it took 3 years for the auto industry to get caught up to demand.

Also, one of my old WW 2 friends use to talk how, after the war, the politicians told people to go buy a refrigerator, or a washing machine . Go buy anything to help drive the economy. And then the baby boom happened.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Is it like Oreo's? Now that they are made in Mexico they just don't taste right.

I noticed this too. KFC tastes almost synthetic. Can’t put my finger on it. Go with Church’s or Popeyes.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone interested, NY governor's presentation and Q&A from earlier today:

Now, THIS is what leadership looks, sounds and feels like during a time of crisis.

I’d be proud, and have some level of comfort, that someone in authority was at least shooting straight, were I a citizen of the state of NY.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My wife also is using paper suit, face shield, respirator method here in Minnesota.
It is comically oversized on her.[quoted image]

Hey man, if she can get it great. That's just about as safe as you can get.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I noticed this too. KFC tastes almost synthetic. Can’t put my finger on it. Go with Church’s or Popeyes.

Chick-fil-A spicy deluxe is the best.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It is comically oversized on her.[quoted image]

If anyone can kick this things ass, it’s your wife. Don’t mess with a black belt.

#930 4 years ago

I haven't seen any masks here locally that can be sanitized with a liquid and reused.
I have been using the same N-95 mask for a week because it's all I have. My brother in law is sending me a box of 9 masks that he has from a construction site. I am going to take one and give the other 8 to the local ER guys.

One person from a defunct Thread suggested microwaving used masks to kill virus. I believe it was cdnbacon?
There would be one important item removed before sticking it in a junk microwave (not for food).
Unfortunately this metal nosepiece cannot be removed/re-attached easily. So just chunk it in for 7 seconds at a time, you may see sparks.
Is this Scientific? Do I recommend it? Have there been any tests to prove it works?
No.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The last time I ate chick fil a was 1998. It tasted like pickle brine. No thanks.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone interested, NY governor's presentation and Q&A from earlier today:

Cuomo is doing a great job.

#933 4 years ago

Hey man, if she can get it great. That's just about as safe as you can get.

That pic was from a few weeks ago when life was much simpler.

Now those are a wee bit harder to come by...

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He actually is very well spoken and calm.

#935 4 years ago

IMO I see masks becoming a normal accessory in the US if this virus doesn't abate.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Working papers? I haven't yet heard about anything like that being issued.

It’s called a “Letter of Access”. I’m a locomotive engineer for a railroad here in Pittsburgh and I received mine from the AAR on March 17th.

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

KFC is garbage. Note that China has more KFC locations than the US. There’s a “Claudia Sanders” restaurant in Louisville...it’s good. KFC is more like deformed chicken garbage. Yuck. But honestly, most fast food is absolute garbage. We don’t eat it. Haven’t for years...

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

One person from a defunct Thread suggested microwaving used masks to kill virus. I believe it was cdnbacon?
There would be one important item removed before sticking it in a junk microwave (not for food).
Unfortunately this metal nosepiece cannot be removed/re-attached easily. So just chunk it in for 7 seconds at a time, you may see sparks.
Is this Scientific? Do I recommend it? Have there been any tests to prove it works?
No.

I wonder if a UV light would work?

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

+ cheese minus pickle maybe...

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is an actual study that was done that shows POSSIBLY O blood type is LESS susceptible and A blood type is more susceptible, but it has a small sample size of 3k and needs way more studies and a much larger sample size to proof conclusive.
If you’re gonna bitch and call someone a liar, at least know the truth and science behind it.
Also from the post earlier. Coronaviruses cause 30% of Common Cold cases. Don’t be ignorant. That’s some science/denier shit. The most common cause are rhinoviruses.

Yeah, I’ve seen the study, the differences are small and it may not be true. Point is many people are spreading a lot of rumors and misinformation as if they are fact, giving false hope and causing panic.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I wonder if a UV light would work?

Excellent! Real Duh moment on my part. A good UV, not a piece of cheese. Yeah, you are on to something.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crazy huh? Seems like 50% of the country would rather hear "I don't take responsibility at all"

I also thought NJ governor Murphy did a good job with his update today.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Your welcome.

Just stay there please. The rest of us in most western states are doing just fine. In my state, we are very well managed fiscally and would like to keep it that way.

The last thing we want is more Californias moving here and bringing their tax and spend mentality with them. We are doing just fine without you.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

IMO I see masks becoming a normal accessory in the US if this virus doesn't abate.

Why wait? I started wearing one today when I had to go out. Ordered a pack of 20 off eBay also. I'll have enough to wear one a day at work now.

#945 4 years ago

Sorry. It says "could" which also means it "could not". Not hammering you, but I would rather wait and hear when there actually is something that WILL work.

Should, could, it might, if this happens then this could, I feel, I think, I believe, there is a possibility, etc. I would rather wait and hear the authorities telling me what they know as opposed to keep hearing suppositional possibilities.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just stay there please. The rest of us in most western states are doing just fine. In my state, we are very well managed fiscally and would like to keep it that way.
The last thing we want is more Californias moving here and bringing their tax and spend mentality with. We are doing just fine without you.

Florida checking in... you're bitching about irresponsible out of staters... well sit down for a short spell

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Tiny chickens and workers that don't give a shit.

Quoted from vicjw66:

The last time I ate chick fil a was 1998. It tasted like pickle brine. No thanks.

Yeah, that place is gross. It's like you want to throw up except you don't want to have to taste it again.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why wait? I started wearing one today when I had to go out. Ordered a pack of 20 off eBay also. I'll have enough to wear one a day at work now.

A proper mask and gloves offer freedom and a fighting chance. So far I haven't had to but must go for supplies early Monday,
will have PPE on. America is vain when it comes to this sort of thing but like I say, if this mess isn't solved soon it would allow
people to go out with a small sense of assurance.
That will be worth it.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tiny chickens and workers that don't give a shit.

Hey!!! My first job was at KFC and I took great pride in my work!

I still have the shirt somewhere. And it almost still fits!!

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I’ve seen the study, the differences are small and it may not be true. Point is many people are spreading a lot of rumors and misinformation as if they are fact, giving false hope and causing panic.

Yep. I read the study. It came out of China so take it for what it is worth.

It showed a higher percentage of those with blood type A were susceptible to complications and death while it was lower for those with O type. That isn't to say that those with O didn't get sick and die too, though.

Like you said, they would have to do a lot more research and compile data globally to really determine if there is anything to it, though.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/19?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.