272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 576.
#9701 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Nooooooo! Bacon!
"One of the country's largest pork processing facilities is closing until further notice as employees fall ill with Covid-19. The closure puts the country's meat supply at risk, said the CEO of Smithfield, which operates the plant."
"South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem said during a Saturday news briefing that Smithfield employees accounted for more than half of the active coronavirus cases in the state. About 240 employees are sick, she said, out of roughly 430 active cases in the state. Because of that, she and the mayor of Sioux Falls recommended that Smithfield suspend operations for at least two weeks."
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/12/business/meat-plant-closures-smithfield/index.html?fbclid=IwAR34YPMrFlvm_IM9o3pkE_Yg0PG0L-nKczn-hfBVGsnNiiMY4p042YkoR-w

Saw that earlier. They are my employer's biggest customer.

#9702 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Has anyone else gone through the government small business loan program? My wife worked all weekend on it through the bank, it’s pretty sweet, we don’t have to pay back on it as long as we don’t lay anyone off, and it’s a fairly substantial amount of money.

Yes, received funding for 2.5 months of payroll on Friday. From the time I applied until the time it was in my account was eight days.

#9703 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sobering story from Sports Illustrated.
I too am susceptible to the siren song of the light at the end of the tunnel. We may need to stash such optimism for a while:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

That is depressing. Unfortunately not much different from what I have been thinking though.
I would guess the PGA would be the first sport that could/should come back without fans. Social distancing would be easy with golf.

#9704 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We are having lamb, Passover potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs, and lemon bars.
I will try to take pics.

My dad was so god fearing that we called them stuffed eggs. I was a teen before I realized that EVERYBODY else called them deviled eggs.

#9705 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has it's dawn.

#9706 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is depressing. Unfortunately not much different from what I have been thinking though.
I would guess the PGA would be the first sport that could/should come back without fans. Social distancing would be easy with golf.

One would think so. But the golf course I own in Maine is closed until at least the end of April. The course I lease in Washington state is closed until May 4th. Despite the extensive safety measures we incorporated at both courses, they were deemed 'non-essential.' It's not easy, and none of this is easy for anyone, so we're just doing the best we can. The grass is still growing, so money is only going one way right now. We'll eventually get back on track.

#9707 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

not for everyone it doesn't.

#9708 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

not for everyone it doesn't.

I think the line/lyric you are looking for is
"Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song"

#9709 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song

#9710 4 years ago

God I hate Poison.

Posting Poison lyrics should be a bannable offense!!

#9711 4 years ago

Jeopardy question for 500pts

What was the first song that I slow danced with a girl to at a public school dance?

She was cute and I was a young 11 year old kid.

#9712 4 years ago

Seventeen Winger

#9713 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

EVERYBODY else called them deviled eggs.

They call them that because when they come out the other end they are the Devil......literally!

#9714 4 years ago

What was the first song that I slow danced with a girl to at a public school dance?

Poison Something to Believe In

#9715 4 years ago

Every rose has a thorn

#9716 4 years ago

Well answer, so we can move onto charts and stuff

#9717 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

What did you do tonight?
I played competitive pinball for the first time in a month (and got my ass kicked).
So this is slightly on and off topic. But I’ve been cooped up for a long time, and it’s been getting too me. I couldn’t hang out with my friends. League is on hold until we can all get back together. My girlfriend caught Covid (recovering thank goodness). And I’ve been missing pinball. Sure, I’ve been playing. I’ve even tried my hand at streaming (Pandemic Pinball). But I’ve missed playing pinball with friends.
So tonight knoler and I started up a FaceTime chat. We are friends in real life, and we both own Stern Star Trek. We bought mounts for our iPads.
[quoted image]
And then we started competing. The first few games were for score. We shut off all ball savers, and we took turns just like normal play. We did have to adjust our volumes to get it right, and then the trash talk started.
[quoted image]
That was just a blast. Because we were taking turns and I playing like we would if we were standing at the same game, it felt real.
Then we started objective based for time. This started getting crazy fun. We used stopwatches on our phones for “first to start Klingon multiball”. “First to get a full bank of photon torpedos”. Basically using any objective we could think of that could be timed. “destroy the vengeance” was just crazy fun. We supplemented that one that if the first person failed, if the other person did it, they won no matter the time. But if the second didn’t, the lowest time to burn out after starting it won.
[quoted image]
In the end, this was amazingly fun. I felt like I played pinball for the first time in ages. We drank beers and wine. I was munching on crackers. Besides the fact that he was about 15 miles away, it totally felt like we were in the same room playing pinball. Whether I was saying “nice shot” or “fumble”, just like I would if we actually were in the same room. If you have a friend that had the same game, I HIGHLY recommend trying this. Because you’re friends, the difference between the two games are meaningless. Although we did set them to the same pitch and settings (competition mode) and no ball savers to make it as even as we could.
Very fun times in all this crap.

Another day of Pandemic Pinball with Knoler today.

Today we setup our Metallica’s.

A243411B-35FD-44DE-9461-19726033EC4F (resized).jpegA243411B-35FD-44DE-9461-19726033EC4F (resized).jpeg

Again, because we are friends in real life, the differences in the games are easy to account for. In the case, I own a Pro, and he owns a Premium. So yeah, the spinner is an advantage in some stuff. And of course, the super spinner is a big advantage. But we don’t worry about that stuff.

I highly recommend trying this with friends that own the same game. A couple of iPads, mounts for them, and you’re off for a day of fun.

Today’s games were a bunch of games for score. Fastest to start 2x. Fastest to the 3rd level mystery. Fastest to Lady Justice. Fastest to Seek and Destroy. Collect the most band members. Fastest to start Sparky. Fastest to collect a CIU jackpot.

For score we shut off ball savers, 3 balls, and we take turns like Playing normal games with a friend. for The objective based matches we would set the game to 10 balls. The person not playing would time it with a stopwatch. The winner would go first in the next round (a big advantage in the objective based games.

Our next game will be AC/DC, but that will be tougher because the Pro and Premium play so different. But I’m sure we will figure it out.

I can’t recommend this more. This is the social distancing equivalent of having a blast playing pinball with friends. My Sunday flew by because his was so much fun.

#9718 4 years ago

25+ years of EZ-Pass and today was my first statement with no charges on it, so there's that.

#9719 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianGamer:

We’re supporting local business here too. Just bought some board and card games from the local game store which is closed, but they delivered the games to our house the next day. We need stuff we all enjoy doing as a family to keep the sanity, and sometimes it’s a good outlet to beat the crap out of each other in a civilized manner. I can’t seem to get the girls into pinball but they like board games.
Just picked up Ticket to Ride, and playing the crap out of Settlers of Catan, both great games and highly recommend.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ticket to ride is a great game. I haven’t dug into Catan yet. My son got it a while back as a gift.

#9720 4 years ago

Happy Easter!

#9721 4 years ago

Lamb, asparagus, broccoli salad, deviled eggs, Passover potatoes.

Screenshot_20200412-194237~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200412-194237~2 (resized).png
#9722 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Passover potatoes.

Looks good dad but i see why they are called Passover potatoes...PASS!

#9723 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It will be interesting to see if the original tests and these newer tests are the ones promoted by the WHO. The USA took a lot of criticism for not using them early on...the reason USA didn’t use them is because they didn’t meet our scientific criteria on accuracy. Worth watching....

I don't think the current US tests are very accurate either unfortunately. I've lost track of the number of articles I've read where the person initially tested negative and then tested positive later. And we still have a large problem with lack of tests. The one bright side about lack of tests though is it makes our numbers plateau...no matter how many more cases we get, it's hard to get much higher if you're only running a set number per day. I wonder if tests will suddenly start showing up in large amounts once things start trending down, wouldn't surprise me.

#9724 4 years ago

I am hopeful that when we emerge from the other side of this thing, to whatever degree we do, we and the country learn some very important lessons. First would be to bring pharma production back to the good ole USA and out of China. Second, never trust the Chinese government no matter what they might say. Third, be far more proactive in the future with virus’ that maybe around the world but could be here with just one arrival at a major gateway like nyc or LA or CHI. It is not an issue of if we will be struck again but when and how bad. We all need to take more responsibility for ourselves and be better prepared. The government can only do so much no matter what party is in the big chair. This thing is scary but the next may make the Covid19 crisis look like a walk through the park! I am sure there are many more lessons to be gleaned from our present situation. This is by no means an exhaustive list but ones I personally feel are important. Maybe the biggest lesson is to make sure that we all have a few months worth of living expenses saved up for the next big whatever. Again, this could be just a primer for far more deadly possibilities down the road

#9725 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Looks good dad but i see why they are called Passover potatoes...PASS!

Red jacket potatoes, garlic, tillamook organic butter, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, sea salt, pepper, Parmigiano reggiano.

They were delicious. The pic doesn't do them justice.

#9726 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Back to working on games. Happy Easter![quoted image]

Look closely at your background...was that intentional???

#9727 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Freaky!

#9728 4 years ago

Journey, “Open Arms” or “Faithfully”. 500 points back at ya if she kissed you.

#9729 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Third, be far more proactive in the future with virus’ that maybe around the world but could be here with just one arrival at a major gateway like nyc or LA or CHI.

The US had boots on the ground in China for exactly this, but they were defunded and sent home:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-slashed-cdc-staff-inside-china-prior-to-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21C3N5

#9730 4 years ago

Who all is watching tiger king?

I am apparently the only person who isn't.

#9731 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200412-220116~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200412-220116~2 (resized).png
#9732 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Who all is watching tiger king?
I am apparently the only person who isn't.

I am and it's a decent story, especially if you like watching a train wreck. First two episodes are just kind of average and then it's a roller coaster ride after that. It's worth watching.

#9733 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sobering story from Sports Illustrated.
I too am susceptible to the siren song of the light at the end of the tunnel. We may need to stash such optimism for a while:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

Sad dose of reality in that article...thanks for sharing. Summary...leagues playing in isolation...ain’t gonna happen.

#9734 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I am hopeful that when we emerge from the other side of this thing, to whatever degree we do, we and the country learn some very important lessons. First would be to bring pharma production back to the good ole USA and out of China. Second, never trust the Chinese government no matter what they might say. Third, be far more proactive in the future with virus’ that maybe around the world but could be here with just one arrival at a major gateway like nyc or LA or CHI. It is not an issue of if we will be struck again but when and how bad. We all need to take more responsibility for ourselves and be better prepared. The government can only do so much no matter what party is in the big chair. This thing is scary but the next may make the Covid19 crisis look like a walk through the park! I am sure there are many more lessons to be gleaned from our present situation. This is by no means an exhaustive list but ones I personally feel are important. Maybe the biggest lesson is to make sure that we all have a few months worth of living expenses saved up for the next big whatever. Again, this could be just a primer for far more deadly possibilities down the road

Maybe businesses should have a few months of operating expenses saved up as well.

#9735 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Maybe businesses should have a few months of operating expenses saved up as well.

Indeed!!!

#9736 4 years ago

If this, and it sounds like it did, have a significant role in our countries issues with the virus, heads should role. And while I am a supporter of the president, if this came from his desk, he will need to atone!

#9737 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Have you made any progress on your Halloween retheme Colson ?

Sorry Kev, I was busy earlier.

386F5BA1-934B-41C3-B131-CA12101DE2C7 (resized).jpeg386F5BA1-934B-41C3-B131-CA12101DE2C7 (resized).jpeg
E278E6E7-1456-43FA-8D47-76C8CE57C44C (resized).jpegE278E6E7-1456-43FA-8D47-76C8CE57C44C (resized).jpeg

Not yet on Halloween. Well, very little. Got really pissed off when the guy doing the art took my $1k, then months later said he couldn’t finish it and gave me a bunch of crap draft drawings totally different than what I had wanted.

I have been working on compiling a different art package with a friend, so should be getting back to it soon once I’m done with the Spidey resto. Maybe sooner.

#9738 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Devil’s Dare? It was not, but good eye.

#9739 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200412-230855~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200412-230855~2 (resized).png
#9740 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That's pretty funny

#9741 4 years ago

Your summary is very misleading as to the content contained within the article itself. There was a reduction of US personnel in China, they were not defunded and sent home as a whole like your summary suggests. That being said, it may not have been the best or right decision, but the CDC maintains the staffing levels did not hinder the US response to the virus.

#9742 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Your summary is very misleading as to the content contained within the article itself. There was a reduction of US personnel in China, they were not defunded and sent home as a whole like your summary suggests. That being said, it may not have been the best or right decision, but the CDC maintains the staffing levels did not hinder the US response to the virus.

This is really the essence of politics: making decisions. It's a lot easier to go back and ask "what-if, " but there are always opposite sides too. What if there weren't the funds to keep them over there? What if they still didn't contain it? What if they were needed elsewhere? What if administration in China had something to do with the downsize?Where was China's CDC personnel, and why didn't they contain it?

Going back and placing blame on an entire pandemic outcome due to a small personnel change is a slippery slope, and a fruitless one.

#9743 4 years ago

So much unknown yet.My wife works at busiest trauma hospital south side of Chicago .I had this 4 weeks ago ,I have MS n take a injection weekly that keeps immune system down .Im 50 yrs old but am pretty fit the worse 2 days of the 8 I had a hard time but kept active as I could in our home.I was given Zpac n cough suppressants .I don’t know shit about it and won’t pretend to but if it helps anyone I firmly believe you have to move no matter how bad you feel if this happens to you.Not gonna lie got scary at its peak mostly thinking bout our 2 young boys Facts were very confusing thank God my wife had access to info as I rode this out at home never needed ventilator I was day by day if wanted to go to ER but I felt I wasn’t there .Be safe all I’m sharing this in hopes it could help someone !

#9744 4 years ago

No pun in my pic ,was from vaca in Mexico I picked it because Corona will always mean vacation to me !!!

#9745 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No pun in my pic ,was from vaca in Mexico I picked it because Corona will always mean vacation to me !!!

That's either a camera trick or the biggest Corona I've ever seen.

What do you think about them shutting down operations?

#9746 4 years ago

Lmao..it was a real corona plastic bottle made me very happy!! I’m only commenting from what I hear from my wife .She sits in on hospital heads meetings she’s in charge of purchasing and payroll.It seems the big problem is testing.When I called My primary FaceTime he put me in system and sent me to a local tent for a test.I went to 3 all said only doing 50 a day n no weekends and we’re done for the day.They told me go to ER I refused as I had started the Zpac n other meds.There was a waiting list I had test done (it was a Friday when I went) the following Tuesday and tested positive .This was right after the rough 2 days (sat n sun).With mass testing they would know a lot more.Machines will be in Drs offices hopefully soon that will tell if you had it something w the antibodies .Like I said I don’t claim to know much but to me if they had rolling mass info it would make things easier who can go to work and who can’t.Im back to work I’m a building engineer for a courthouse on south side of Chicago there’s only 1 courtroom open n bond /bail.Thank God I got out of working at the jail as they are overrun to the point where was national news.It seems it’s all down to mass testing to when things will open up more.Plan on a long road though .They all day the same thing the vaccine is the key .God Bless hope for the best for everyone..Be safe

#9747 4 years ago

And no pun on picture we were in Mexico and Corona will always mean vacation to me .

#9748 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

And no pun on picture we were in Mexico and Corona will always mean vacation to me .

You need a big lime for that beer.

il_570xN.1059441403_fgdd (resized).jpgil_570xN.1059441403_fgdd (resized).jpg
#9749 4 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

You need a big lime for that beer. [quoted image]

I have no idea what's going on there, but I like it!

#9750 4 years ago

Yeah that’s a pretty sweet lime!!!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/195 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.